[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how would the Adeptus Mechanicus react when they discover Linux?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: linux_distros_2013.jpg (65 KB, 899x348) Image search: [Google]
linux_distros_2013.jpg
65 KB, 899x348
So how would the Adeptus Mechanicus react when they discover Linux?
>>
>implaying they aren't using linux
>>
You think they would tolerate an OS other than Windows 40,000? Heresy
>>
>>43960651
"Oh look! This truly is a rare find. Good work brother, this is worth putting in the Reliquary of Technology.
Sadly useless for any meaningful task however, it seems to be code from the... Second or Third millennium? I'll have to check the archives. In any event, nothing exists that could possibly run it, and at best it would be a program to mill simple stubber parts.
Ah brother, we may have lost much knowledge but the technology of Man has come a long way has it not? Pack up that find and we'll present it to the Magos, I wouldn't be surprised if you got yourself a masterwork implant for this!"
>>
>>43960700
>In any event, nothing exists that could possibly run it
i think you're underestimating *nix.
>>
>>43960651
hm an os lets take it back with us and check it for chaos.

cue argument over which linux os's are chaotic
>>
>>43960905
rhel is clearly the tyranid distro
>>
>>43960810
Do you really want to try installing Linux on a servitor?
>>
>>43960935
i would do it just to see what happens

or more accurately how rapidly he would crash.

i have fucking servitors to burn.
>>
>>43960935
hey, it said LONG TERM support.

look, it's even called ubuntu servitor.
>>
>>43960651
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux,
is in fact, Mechanicus/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Mechanicus plus Linux.
Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another holy component
of a fully functioning Mechanicus system made useful by the Mechanicus corelibs, shell
utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by The Emperor.

Many servitors run a modified version of the Mechanicus system every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Mechanicus
which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are
not aware that it is basically the Mechanicus system, developed by the Adeptus Mechanicus.

There really is a Linux, and these servitors are using it, but it is just a
part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system
that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run.
The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself;
it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is
normally used in combination with the Mechanicus operating system: the whole system
is basically Mechanicus with Linux added, or Mechanicus/Linux. All the so-called "Linux"
distributions are really distributions of Mechanicus/Linux.
>>
>>43961028
10/10
i synthesized laughter heartily.
>>
>>43961092
Well memed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.