[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Night Lord Black Shield?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8
File: perfectNLblackshieldbut...jpg (12 KB, 236x363) Image search: [Google]
perfectNLblackshieldbut...jpg
12 KB, 236x363
How would it work and could it work?

A Night Lord as a Black Shield, from fluff it might be possible.
>No Chaos corruption
>Hates Xenos
>Not technically a traitor
>Loves human kind
>A nice guy compared to most Imperial space Marines
>A psychopathic douche bag but still not as bad as the Marines Malevolent or Iron Hands. .

Image highly related if Malcharion wasn't a dreadnought, kinda hard to walk up to the watch fortress looking like that. Or is it?

Assuming a untainted NL could get to a watch master to present his case could he have a chance?
>>
>>43960218

>nightlord
>loves human kind

Even terran night lords were given the job of sowing terror and destruction. They're not loving. Then their recruitment came from primarily murderers and rapists.

Like, black shields are already inherently a bit special snowflake, but it would have to be an actually well thought out story.

Malcharion was super excited to be able to murder a blood angle champion twice. Mostly because it would make the blood angles feel bad. He wasn't a nice guy, he just wasn't a daemon prince.
>>
>>43960533

But they are loving, at least compared to most Imperial Marines. Most SM are unfeeling lunatics who give zero fucks about the people they defend, NL care. They might care because they want to know how to kill you in the most terrifying way but they still do care.

They hate xenos, they hate psykers, they hate traitors. They have uncorruptable geneseed.

They are perfect Black Shields besides the whole 10,000 years out of date thing.
>>
>>43960936
You're gonna have to forgive me if I have a hard time believing that superhumans who literally would skin people alive just for the hell of it and wear their bones as armor while mindfucking entire societies to the point of mass hysteria "loving."

Look, I love Night Lords, but don't even try to paint them as "loving." Only Curze could even SLIGHTLY be given that trait, and the buck stops there.
>>
>>43960533
>loves human kind
Malcharion and Talos proved that they did care, they put up with so much bs that the slaves were running the show at the end.

Malcharion stomped a Eldar avatar for their human slaves who had twice (twice!) ignored Talos orders to save him, they tried to save him because they liked him.
>>
>>43960218
Black Shields are not reformed traitor legionaires, stop that snowflake bullshit. Blackshields are guys from shamed Chapters like the Astral Claws.

A Night Lord would just be shot on sight for being a Night Lord.
>>
>>43960963
Iron Hands, Marines Malevolent and Imperial Fists have done worse.

It doesn't matter if you skin people or wear them as coats, it matters WHY you did it. If you did it to save humanity then you did good. If you intend to harm humanity then you did bad.

That is the original mission of the Night Lords, to do bad stuff in the name of humanity. So why couldn't a uncorrupted Night Lord continue that mission? He wants to kill xenos and slaughter the foes of humanity, the Deathwatch offers him the opportunity.
>>
>>43961006

You do remember what Talos did right? Skinning hundreds of psykers while keeping them alive for as long as he could? Unleashing the Night Lords upon their colony to do all the Night Lord things?

He evem says something like "I skinned children alive while their parents watched you know".

I live the Night Lords, but they definately are NOT the nice guys, even if Dembski Bowden does good job making the first claw likable.

Also, tk answer your question, I say no. When a chapter goes rogue, an odd marine may decide to abandon them and go Black Shield. Night Lords went Chaos ten thousand years ago, they had their chance then, you cannot spend ten millenia fighting the Long War on the side of the Traitors and then go join the Death Watch.
>>
>>43961060
>"traitor"

Stopped you right there, you obviously don't understand the difference between the words Renegade and Traitor.

Read a DICTIONARY before you post again, it might be a life changing event for you.
>>
The issue is any such NL would be over s thousand years old, do you need he old standby of warpfuckery "WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE WAS A REVOLT?" bullshit. It's possible the same way anything else is I suppose. You just have a grim n edgy mysterious murderfucker, not that interesting imo
>>
File: night lord feels.png (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
night lord feels.png
24 KB, 400x400
>‘I’ve been so blind, haven’t I? Answer me this, Cyrion. How many times did you slay to sup on the crew’s fear, and stand by while I was blamed? As I pull through the broken memories, I can recall my true hunts, and too many instances of losing control. But nothing like the amount I’ve been blamed for.’ ‘Don’t seek to blame me for t–’ ‘Answer me!’ Uzas pulled his helm clear, hurling it aside and facing Cyrion barefaced. His scarred, stitched, broken-angel features were contorted by hate. Blood still painted one side of his head, and one eye socket stared hollow, still not quite wedged shut by the wound. ‘How many of your sins have damned me?’ Cyrion smiled at his brother’s slipping control. ‘Over the centuries? Dozens. Hundreds. Take your pick, madman. What do a few more souls matter in the harvest you’ve reaped alone?’ ‘It matters because I am punished for your sins!’ Spit sprayed from Uzas’s lips as he screamed. ‘The others despised me! How much of that blame can be laid at your feet?’ ‘The others are dead, Uzas.’ Cyrion kept his voice calm, cold. ‘What they believed no longer means anything. You damned yourself in their eyes by forever screaming about your Blood God each time you drew a blade in battle.’ ‘I. Never. Worshipped. Anything.’ Uzas aimed the chainaxe at his brother’s head. ‘You never understood it. The Legion raises icons to the Powers when it suits them. Whatever the cost, wars must be won. I am no different. No different!’
>>
>>43960936
>Nigga we ain thinking of same Night Lords.
>>
>>43961090
>You do remember what Talos did right? Skinning hundreds of psykers while keeping them alive for as long as he could? Unleashing the Night Lords upon their colony to do all the Night Lord things?
>He evem says something like "I skinned children alive while their parents watched you know".
>I live the Night Lords, but they definately are NOT the nice guys, even if Dembski Bowden does good job making the first claw likable.

Like how The Emperor eats 1000 souls a day? Like how the Inquisition daily extermanatisus whole worlds?

The only thing Talos did wrong was to emulate him in creating a temporary warp beacon via killing the astropaths with a Navigators warp eye while magnifying the effect via pain. It still doesn't come close the The Emperors soul eating. 10,000 souls via the Black Ships a day, at least Talos has the decency to know that ain't right.
>>
>>43960936

You're a retard.
>>
>>43961146
Uzas is a pretty cool guy. Doesn't betray his claw, schools the Navigator on warp beasts, gets blamed for everything that isn't his fault and know alot about Eldar tactics.

He is a good Friend.
>>
>>43961215

Dude, now you're defensive for the sake of being defensive.

We all know 40k universe is grimdark turned to 11 then the knob is ripped off, but that doesn't make the NL "love human kind".

They are created (they as in part of thr story, not the marines themselves) to be the most terryfing marines of the whole group of most terryfing marines. They are murderers, rapists, serial killers given the toys to do their thing on a much bigger scale. They are evil incarnate. They would slowly kill everyone on every Imperial planet just for fun.

THAT is what Night Lords are. You can ofcrs make one that will behave like a fucking Salamander, it's your game, dk what you want, but since you ask, the answer is - it is not simply going against the fluff, it is raping it.
>>
>>43961272
Your mother is a retard and i am going to skin her face, wear her flayed leather skin as a cock ring then ass fuck you with it.

Then i will cry a bit and raise 3 generations of your children while crying over my previous actions.
>>
>>43961321

Even Angron could resist the nails on some occasions. To claim someone loves humans but can't help skinning them alive is stupid.
>>
What is it with all these insufferable NLfags all of a sudden? You're taking one of the decent legions that was already at risk of being too goofy and edgy and turning them into ND-level shit.

Good job, you're now just an edgy version of Dornfags, BTfags, and SoBfags. Does it run in your CSMfag blood to be a huge faggot?
>>
>>43961360
>NL
>CSM
Choose one
>>
>>43961360

There is like one snowflake loving faggot here and a bunch of ppl trying to politely show him how wrong he is. What's your problem.
>>
>>43961376
>they're literally in the CSM codex and on the traitor side who all turned into CSM
>>
>>43961435
NL never turned traitor
>>
>>43961432

Lurk more newfag.
>>
>>43961438
>Chaos fags believe this

Lol
>>
>>43961146
>"My artificer... suddenly died."

Every fucking time. :^c
>>
>>43961376
The largest Night Lord warband are full blown Chaos marines and are led by a Night Lord Daemon Prince.

The same Daemon Prince was voted to lead the a huge coalition of Night Lord Warbands.
>>
>>43961310
>>43961310
I get what you are saying but the simple fact is that they are not the most scary marines nor are they particularity cruel.

They are better than most Imperial Marines in how they treat their serfs and slaves. They are less cruel than almost any Imperial figure of authority.

After they suffer a boarding action by the Blood Angels they comfort a serf for losing his family in their defense, Talos gives the man who lost family the helm of the BA who killed his family.
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (110 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
110 KB, 200x113
>>43961438
>>43961447
>>43961452
>>
>>43961502
Sociopaths often show possessive and even benevolent behaviours to things they consider theirs. The Night Lords basically fit into sociopathic and psychopathic archetypes. They are "humane" to things they own, so long as it doesn't interfere with their desires
>>
>>43961501
You mean The Exalted? Because he was a pussy who got bullied by his slaves as well as his Sorcerer getting punked by octavia and septumious.

Night Lords Demon Prince=Total pussy and everyone hates you.
>>
>>43961532
No there's another guy, I think >>43961501 is talking about The Axemaster.
>>
>>43961532
No.

I mean Krieg Abecus. He is mentioned in the Night Lord omnibus and he appears on the Lord of the Night novel.
>>
>>43961525
It doesn't change the fact that they are better overlords than 99% of the IoM.

Them being crazy assholes has no relation to the fact that given a random chance you would chose to serve them over any random IoM SM faction. Serving the NL is objectively better than being a servant of the Imperium.

The NL are at least honest about it and they need you, the IoM dosen't care and they don't need you.
>>
>>43961545
>>43961558
And he has the blessing of Curze because he is not fit to be a Night Lord?
>>
File: 1410619473416.gif (2 MB, 472x355) Image search: [Google]
1410619473416.gif
2 MB, 472x355
>>43961089
>Imperial Fists have done worse
CITE YOUR SOURCE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>43961601
He says he is the inheritor of Konrad 's will.

It's a claim many believe since many Warbands follow him.
>>
>>43961624
The Purging of Terra. The Imperial Fists, Space Wolves and White Scars killed half the remaining population of the planet to scour Chaos from it.

10,000 years later besides the SW assigned to the Wolf Blade and the token Imperial Fist presence no Space Marine is allowed on Terra without express permission of the High Lords..
>>
>>43961125
ah the grammar nazi, the last refuge of a desperate man
>>
>>43960533
They came all from what are pretty much prison cities. That does not necesarily mean they were all murderers and rapists before recruitment. Kinda hard to muder and rape around 9 years old...
>>
>>43961585
The crew of the Covenant would have strung up their single chance of not being dead in the water if it waylaid the wrath of the NL
Cmon man they're cool characters but this has gone BEYOND reaching.
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 640x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 640x755
>>43961146
Any chance of getting Simon Templeman to narrate a Night Lords audio book?
>>
>>43961585
I can think of a number of space marine chapters I'd rather serve, instead of relying on the good graces of a traitor legion with an unhealthy obsession with, you know, flaying and an assortment of sadistic and/or psychotic behavior.
>>
>>43961125
The Night Lords betrayed the Imperium you retard. They are the very definition of traitor for betraying their species, liege-lord, and nation.
>>
>>43961215
Those thousand psykers ensure humans can even live in the first place. Without their noble deaths Chaos reigns over all life.
>>
guys, you can't convince a retard, no point in trying.
>>
You realize 100% of this thread is due to

- NLfags being stupid as shit
- BL and their non-canon garbage
>>
Not op but I have a question

A time delayed 1ksons who is 10,000 years late to his home world. He and the rest of the ship's crew send out distress beacons while they try to figure out what happend.

Fluff fluff fluff. Still working on it the 10 marines are brought in to be black shields.
>>
>>43962213
>BL and their non-canon garbage
Or more likely people taking individual examples and extrapolating them to the entire legion, which is idiotic. I'll take BL over the absurd generalizations and white -washing the codexes do.
>>
>>43960533
>Murderers and Rapists

You know Nostramo was a shitty planet when there were enough 10 years old murderers and rapists to fill up a whole Legion

That or the lore "you must be at most 10 years old to be a space marine" doesn't make sense
>>
>>43961501

I am pretty sure that Decimus now leads the biggest coalition of LN.
>>
>>43960218
I'm going to be murdered here for this, but I actually had a character like this in a Deathwatch game.
Literally a Night Lord Black Shield called Ralphines. Although he was certanly not a 'nice guy', more a bitter old bastard.
While I agree with most people here, a random NL turning back is dumb. If there's a decent story behind it, then why the hell not?
>>
>>43960218
>Not technically a traitor
You fucking what.

They were kind of besieging the Imperial Palace alongside an army of demons, unless you've forgotten.

>he a nice boy
>he don't do noffin wrong
"Most" Imperial Space Marines are absolute paragons, which is why the less amicable ones stand out all the more for it. In comparison, almost all Night Lords were psychopathic criminals even before they went traitor.
>>
File: 1436133289682.png (27 KB, 564x450) Image search: [Google]
1436133289682.png
27 KB, 564x450
>>43961731
>The Imperial Fists, Space Wolves and White Scars killed half the remaining population of the planet to scour Chaos from it.

Alright now tell me where I can >find< this little tidbit of information in the actual fluff and then maybe I'll believe you.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.