[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost Island Quest 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 14
File: Tornado.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
Tornado.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
Welcome to The Lost Island Quest. Last thread our hero, Alan Rodain, ambushed a group of small, bipedal, reptilian creatures that were planning to attack him and his companions. During the struggle, one of them managed to wound Alan's new horse, Tornado. Stuck in a hard place, Alan needed to realize his ability to heal the wounded under pressure. Scrambling for something special to function as his holy symbol, he was forced to resort to using a small, glass marble that he obtained from his childhood friend, Tobias, who sacrificed his own life to save Alan's. As a physical manifestation of the moment he lost his faith, Alan used the object to aid in the channeling of energy that has healed Tornado back to full strength. Now, having accepted and begun to move past his trauma, Alan plans to deal with his newly acquired prisoners.
>>
You step back and let Tornado trot for a bit before being sure he's all better. Something feels right. About the situation, about your powers, about your mood. You roll the marble around in your hand for a couple seconds.

“Impressive. The internal struggles are often our most hard-fought victories.” Dolah gives you an understanding look as she says this. Seems while she doesn't exactly know the full story, she can pick up some change in you. Well, back to the real world.

Kyra comes up to you and places two, small rubies in your hands. She then goes over to Rowe and Dolah, doing the same.

“Found one on each. Gilda wanted one to study, we get the rest. Equipment is mostly useless. Daggers are shit, too small anyway. Bows are shoddy. Slings could be useful, maybe use one of their spears as a short-spear. Nothing else.”

These are nice-looking rubies. Good quality, if small. You think you could get around 100 gold for each.

You move over to where Gabby has gathered the prisoners and tied them. Two are still unconscious, but the one who nicked your horse has awoken. Eve seems to be talking to them, while Gilda furiously writes in her notebook. You turn to her.
>>
“So, encounter these things before?” She doesn't even look up at you while she responds.

“No. No communication, violence or even a sighting. Eve says they're called kobolds. This is a wonderful find, if I may say so. I'll need a corpse or two and I'll want that one alive for study.” She points at the kobold who downed your horse for a second. Of course that's the one she wants.

The three awake prisoners seem to be listening intently to something Eve is saying. You listen in. It's odd. It sounds like Draconic, but takes you a couple seconds to figure out the words. They're being spoken with an odd rhythm and cadence. Once you get adjusted to the minute change you start to understand what's being said.

“So, the human turns to the giant fire-breathing monster and asks 'why are you called Dragon?' And it goes 'Because I'm dragon my balls on your face.' ” Eve begins to cackle as the kobolds start to hiss in what you assume must be their version of laughter.

>Ask about the rubies
>Ask about their village?
>Ask Eve about these creatures
>Write-in any questions you may have for them

And

>Take a sling? Y/N

And

>Take a shortspear? Y/N
>>
>>43950753
>>Ask Eve about these creatures
>N
>N
Good to see you again qm.
>>
>>43950800
Good to see you too. Writing!
>>
>>43950800
>>43950753
Seconded.
>>
>>43950924
Can you make a character sheet?
>>
>>43950984
http://pastebin.com/W5vqnRBU
http://pastebin.com/3LPDLd9u
>>
>>43950753
>Ask about their village?
>Shortspear
>>
>>43950997
Yep, that's all official as of this second!
>>
>>43950997
> Destined Bloodline
Noice
>>
You pull Eve off out of earshot of the prisoners.

“What exactly are these things?” Eve's response is a bit louder than you hoped for.

“They're kobolds. They were a species that existed during the Ancient Times. When the dragons ruled the sky these little suckers roamed the Earth, created for the purpose of worshiping them. They had dozens of their own little tribes and would war with each other when their masters had disagreements. Disappeared along with all the dragons one day. I thought they were extinct, but I guess some of them must have been living here all this time. They speak Draconic beautifully. It's great to hear how it is actually meant to be spoken.”

“Can they understand the human tongue?” She shakes her head no. You walk back over with her to the
kobolds.

You try to articulate your own Draconic as best as you can. “Village? Do you have a village?” They all look between each other before looking to Eve. She nods her head before one of them starts to speak.

“Yes. We come from a small system of caves nearby. Village. We were hunting for food.”

Okay. So they aren't just bandits or wanderers. Gilda walks up to you and starts speaking to you in Common.

“I don't want the corpses to rot too much before we get to Seaside. We should send some people back to take whatever live ones you want to keep and two corpses. The rest of us can camp here and wait for the riders we send to return.”
>Ask about the rubies
>Ask them about the ruins you're heading to
>Ask anything else you want

And,

>Take just the one kobold
>Take all of them
>Take the three conscious ones
>>
>>43951194
>>Ask about the rubies
>>Ask them about the ruins you're heading to
and
>take as many as possible without slowing down too much.
>>
>>43951194
>Ask them about the ruins you're heading to
>Take just the one
>>
>>43951194
Is the second vote for how many to send back to our base or to bring with us to the ruins?
>>
>>43951381
To send back to Seaside. The ones you won't send well, I guess I can give you the vote for that now.

>Kill the ones you don't send back
>Release the ones you don't send back
>Bring the ones you don't send back with you
>>
>>43951400
>>Kill the ones you don't send back
>>
>>43951400
>Kill the ones you don't send back
>>
>>43951194
>Take all of them
>>43951400
I don't see any reason to not send all of them.
>>
“The rubies. Why do you have rubies on you?” you ask the kobold with the armed tail. He looks at you in confusion. “Red gem.” You pull it out of your backpack and show it to him.

“Oh. Each warrior takes one when comes of age. Cave filled with fire gems.” That could be a profitable excursion some time down the road.

“My companions and I are heading to a temple to the east soon. It is ruined. Do you know anything about it?” The kobold thinks for a bit.

“In swamp?” You turn to Gilda and asks if where you're going to is in a swamp. When she says yes, you relay this back to the creature. “Ah. Dragon Temple. Never been.” Eve perks up.

“Does it have dragons in it?” she aks inquisitively.

“No. Temple to Dragon. No Dragon in Area. We would know if there were.” Well, you think you've gotten enough out of them.

You turn to Rowe. “How many do you think we should take? I want this done without slowing us down much.” Rowe looks at your horses for a bit before turning replying.

“If we're taking two corpses and one live one, we're going to need at least two horses. I'll take the corpses back. We could easily fit three live ones on your horse, if you wanted to come with me. Anybody else we could only fit two live ones. If we send Eve back she could carry only one on that pony of hers. Those are your options if you want the minimum amount of riders, which will take us the shortest time to catch up.”

>Go with Rowe, take three live kobolds back
>Send someone else, take two kobolds back
>Send Eve, take one live kobold back
>>
>>43951658
>>
>>43951658
>>
>>43951658
>>Send Eve, take one live kobold back

the lesser the better
>>
>>43951658
>>Go with Rowe, take three live kobolds back
>>43951743
They are for research, more subjects is better.
>>
Writing!
>>
“The more the better, right? I'll go with you and we can bring three of them.” Rowe nods and you get to work tying the lives ones together and strapping them to your horse. They seem uncomfortable and at the speed you're going to be riding it will be very unpleasant for them, but they'll live. Rowe throws the corpses onto her horse. And the two of you mount and prepare to head back.

“Suns about to set, so we're going to ride faster than usual. Figure we can make it back here by midnight. Catch eight hours and then head out in the morning.” That works with your time table. You haven't lost more than maybe a quarter of a day's travel from this distraction. Which still gives you over two days of leeway for the rest of the trip.

Dolah comes up to you before you ride off. “Gabby believes we should kill the other two. She thinks they'll either die anyway or continue hunting innocent passersby. What do you think?”

You sigh out. You know what you think you should do with them. Is that the good thing to do? You don't know.

Well Great Will, if you're going to have an issue with this relationship, best you learn it early. “I agree. They're dangerous and we're risking more than just our own lives if we let them go.” Dolah nods once.

“Can't redeem all of them, can we? Be safe, Alan. And try to not get too trapped in your own head.” She waves you off as you and Rowe ride at a rather brisk pace. You can't go too fast with what you have strapped to your mounts, but the return trip should prove to be much faster. You can concentrate enough to do something to pass the time.

>Talk to the kobolds some more (ask them some more questions? Write-in what?)
>Try to bond with Tornado some
>Chat with Rowe
>>
>>43952117
>>Chat with Rowe
We barely interacted with her.
>>
>>43952117
>Chat with Rowe
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43952117
>Talk to the kobolds some more (ask them some more questions? Write-in what?)
If the kobolds were hunting for food, why were they waiting in ambush for us?

Alright, so we've killed this hunting party and these live ones are going to get vivisected. Their village isn't going to like us very much. Should we try to negotiate, or just kill them all to make sure they won't become a problem?
>>
>>43952284
For all the village knows, this hunting party was killed by orcs or something.

Anyways Blackburn said try diplomacy first so we'll do that if we need to. In the meantime we have a job to do.
>>
>>43952314
We don't know the relationship, if any, that the orcs have with the kobolds.
Another question we need answered.
>>
You pull up alongside Rowe's horse and decide to strike up a conversation.

“What did you do before the war?” She looks over to you, pulling herself out of her own daydream before forming a response.

“I was a hunter. Not orcs though. Deer, rabbits, raccoons. Quadrupeds. Sort of a family business. Dad was one too and Mom ran the stables.”

“Explains why you're so good with horses. You lived near a forest then? Which one?”

“Sfar.” She says that one rather curtly.

“That . . . would make you Imperial then.” She laughs.

“Yeah, I lived on that side of the border and I guess Mom might have paid a different taxman, but we weren't exactly big friends with any of the nearby Imp cities. Traded plenty with Cerilian businesses too. When the call to arms came out, I figured I could either side with the aggressors or the defenders. Didn't really feel like Kardas had any right to be picking this fight, neither did Dad. We moved over the line and I signed up the next day. Let me tell you though, first time I decided to go solo just about everybody thought I was defecting. It took some explaining to sort that whole mess out.”

So she began the solo missions on her own without her superior's order? Dereliction of duty would be a minor way of putting it, treason the major way.

“How about you?”

“My father was a merchant by the South-eastern shores. Was training to join the family business when I decided it was time to pledge myself to the armed forces.”

“Why'd you do it?” She seems rather curious about that. It's true, you were very far from the fighting and you had a stable career as a merchant trader ahead of you. So, why did you do it?

>Glory
>Duty
>Sin
>>
>>43952636
>>Glory
>>
>>43952636
>Glory
>>
>>43952636
>escape

i dont want to lead a peaceful merchant life, but live for the moment, enjoying kill the one who want to kill me, fuck the one that want to the fucked or what should i care, before i forfeit my fate to the Higher Power in fighting
>>
>>43952730
No thanks. While escapism can be a motive I'd rather it not be the MC's
>>
>>43952636

>Glory
>>
File: escapism.jpg (8 KB, 332x152) Image search: [Google]
escapism.jpg
8 KB, 332x152
>>43952730
>>43952756
>>
File: 1440991052388.gif (4 MB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
1440991052388.gif
4 MB, 300x236
>>43952730
>>
File: Chinese Cold.webm (840 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Cold.webm
840 KB, 854x480
>>43952803
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43952636
>>Duty
It's been in every conversation we've had.
>>
>>43952669
>>43952724
>>43952765
Okay, why?
In every conversation we've had, including the first thread, it's always been about our duty to the Republic.
Did you just not catch that in the previous threads?
>>
>>43952803
ok ok, sorry for the bad writing but escape maybe possible if something terrible happens when he growing up, or he seriously fucked up by rejecting and exposing the monopoly policy
>>
>>43952910
This is initial enlistment. It have easily changed from Glory to Duty over the course of the war.
>>
>>43952950
Glory before the childhood friend death. Duty afterwards.
>>
>>43952989
First thread, we did say that we joined up because we saw our country needed us.
>>
>>43953146
He could be in denial.
>>
>>43952989
>childhood friend death

>go on a trade with the friend
>ambushed
>friend sacrificed himself
>survived
>console his lover
>who also your crush
>exploit
>10 years after
>happy family with a child and a dog
>>
>>43953146
Then we probably shouldn't be having this prompt if its already established honestly.
>>
“Glory.” Honestly, you were bored. “All I had to look forward to in my future was working for my brother, selling spices or leather or sheep to those Roscoli cheapskates. I didn't want to be Master Rodain's youngest brother when I was older, I wanted to be somebody who was accomplished. And the army seemed to offer that. Beat back the Imps, earn medals and awards, walk into any establishment worth a damn and watch people buying me drinks just to hear a tale or two of what it was like.”

You breath out. Dolah warned you not to get trapped in your own head. Rowe starts to speak. “War seems a grand game from the outside doesn't it? The uniforms, the decrees, the blessings. Heroes made everyday. Most don't get the fame.”

“And those who do pay too much for it.” She looks at you to see if you're speaking about her. When she realizes you aren't, she smirks ruefully.

“Were you somebody important?”

“I was a Captain. Had a hell of a body count on me too. Stupid nickname as well.”

“The Red Rider, right?” You look at her like she guessed your birthday on the first try. When she sees she was correct she give a short, humorless chuckle.
>>
“How do you know about that?” It was something you heard whispered about you after that ambush in Skullcracker Pass. A mere murmur in the camps. Only private stupid enough to call you that to your face got smacked upside the head. She was on the other side of the country, how does she know?

“Are you joking? Everybody in our theater heard about The Red Rider. That loss in the Muller Mountains pretty much sapped morale out of the men. Suddenly, we were hearing stories about a lone survivor, practically clawed his way out of a sea of corpses and proceeded to kick ass up and down that whole area. I mean, the second I saw you lance two of those things at once I figured you might be him.”

Guess you're more famous than you thought. That's going to take some time to process.

You finally make it to the gates of Seaside once it is very dark and quickly converse with the guards there about your purpose returning so soon. You're able to drop off your prisoners and the corpses with one of Gilda's assistants, before riding back as fast as you can.

You're lucky that you're both experienced horsemen. You make it back to camp in the dead of night and greet Kyra, who apparently is on watch at the moment.

“Two of you get the last tent.” Kyra points to where an empty one has been set up.

You both quickly get off your horses and head to your bedrolls. You prepare yourself for sleep, stripping off your armor and making sure everything is in it's proper place. Right as you're about to catch some sleep, you notice Rowe's put her hair into a ponytail.

Huh, those ears. Couldn't tell before, but those are definitely pointed ears. The rest of her face looks rather human, no elvish facial features. But with ears like that, she's got to be a quarter elf at least, maybe half.

>Bring it up now
>Just go to sleep
>>
>>43953397
>>>Bring it up now
>>
>>43953397
>Just go to sleep
Don't see why it needs to be brought up at all
>>
>>43953397
>Just go to sleep
We have a long day ahead of us.
>>
Writing!
>>
It doesn't matter. Right now you need to get some rest. You let sleep overtake you.

Some time later you feel yourself being lightly jostled. You look up and see Rowe who's gotten herself ready. It's morning. She exits, giving you the privacy to get your own affairs in order and exit your tent. You stretch for a bit and put your armor on, practicing a few swings with your weapons before partaking in your hour of dedicated prayer.

By the time you've taken down your camp and the rest of your allies are ready to go, Gabby finally wakes up. She slaps herself a bit and gets on her horse.
>>
File: The Ruins.jpg (191 KB, 1216x672) Image search: [Google]
The Ruins.jpg
191 KB, 1216x672
Day two of your riding begins. You're all a bit more tired than the previous day. Most of you are used to roughing it like this, but Quissonce looks like she is in a lot of discomfort. You doubt she's partaken in living as rough as this. Gilda looks surprisingly chipper. You'd think she would be just as bad off, considering her line of work. But she's still writing away in that book of hers.

After hours of long travel you finally make it to the swamp where this Dragon Temple you're supposed to explore resides. You haven't actually seen many swamps in your lifetime, but this Island one doesn't look particularly different. Rowe guides your horses through the muck and grime expertly, avoiding most of the particularly big dips. At this point Gilda shows Rowe some sort of very detailed, but small map of the surrounding area. Rowe is able to utilize it to guide you towards where the scout apparently found this place. You begin to have doubts about whether this map is accurate, before finally stumbling into it.

It is a rather simple looking structure, made of stone. There are some carvings in the architecture of dragons and other large reptiles. There is a hole in the roof where the dying light of sunset is shining through. The entrance is too narrow for your horses, so you'll have to continue on foot while you explore this place.

“Remember! Live specimens, artifacts of power, or anything that may hold forgotten knowledge!” Gilda reminds your group.

“Or anything that looks valuable.” Kyra adds to your list.

Question is, how do you want to tackle this.

>Lance
>Saber and Shield

And, in regards to order down narrow corridors

>Front
>Middle
>Back

And,

>any other particulars you'd like to establish about this delve
>>
>>43954013
>Saber and Shield
>Middle
>>
>>43954013
>Saber and Shield
>Front
Dolah
Gabby
>Middle
We
Kyra
>Back
Rowe
Eve
Quissonce
>>
>>43954013
>Lance
Fuck yea we're gonna wield a lance while on foot

>Middle
>>
Didn't we vote to bring our longsword too in the last thread?
>>
>>43954149
Opposite, you voted to not bring it.
>>
>>43954149
The vote was to sell it or not. Its back home.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43954063
>>43954111
>>43954106
>be the only one with a shield
>not taking the lead
So you put the paladin who doesn't have a shield and the monk in front, instead of the guy with a shield or the rogue who could check for traps.
>>
>>43954383
The Paladin has a shield. If something attacks the rearguard we are a position to help them out as well.
>>
>>43954383
As the one with the most versatile skillset it makes sense to stand in the middle.
>>
>>43954383
Excuse me, we don't have a shield, we have a lance.
>>
>>43954560
Ya got outvoted negro.
>>
>>43954592
Not at the time I made the vote. Therefore you can't call me out for not putting us at the front despite having a shield, as my vote called for not having a shield.
>>
You pick up your cavalry saber and make sure your shield is securely fastened to your arm before you all begin to move in. Rowe makes sure that Gilda has a way of communicating with the rest of you if trouble is brewing by your horses outside. She carries a small horn that will alert you if there is a problem outside.

Dolah and Gabby take point while you and Kyra bring up the middle. You tell Quissonce and Eve to stay behind you and Rowe volunteers to take up the position of back guard. As you begin to march up the stone steps you get a sense of uneasiness rolling over you. This place feels a bit foreboding.

Dolah checks the floor multiple times as you enter the temple's archway. She seems to be making sure that the floor is secure and won't give way at a moment's notice. Every once in a while she presses down on a tile with the haft of her lucerne hammer that causes it to depress into the ground. She backs up wearily and checks around, before Kyra quickly moves to the front and finds whatever trap was meant to be activated. She points out places where something was meant to shoot out a dart of some sort, most likely poisoned. Most of the traps in the initial few hallways you pass through must have been activated previous to your entrance. Kyra guesses most likely a year or two ago.
>>
File: Giant Frog.jpg (81 KB, 736x967) Image search: [Google]
Giant Frog.jpg
81 KB, 736x967
Still, that means this place is trapped and at some point you might be the lucky ones to find one first. Other than narrow hallways, the first few rooms you go through seem to be wide open, but largely empty rooms. Maybe entrance chambers or places for large numbers of people to sleep or worship. Other than the pillars to these rooms sometimes possessing unique carvings and every once in a while spotting a stone slab that might have had something important resting upon it, these rooms look like they've been gone over with a fine-toothed comb. Almost as if this is a long abandoned ancient ruin.

You finally halt as you all begin to approach a room that you hear has some sort of running water. As you come to the end of the hallway you're walking through, Kyra stealths up to the front and peeks into the chamber. She comes back and motions you to come up to the front. You peak around too and notice that this room, while most likely robbed of it's treasures as well, possesses a large pool-like stone structure jutting out of one of the walls that lacks an entrance or exit. This pool is filled with mucky green-water and is supplied what appears to be a waterfall streaming down the wall. The water comes from a slit in the wall large enough for a constant torrent to pour through, its source unknown.

What you might find more interesting are the three rather huge frogs that seem to be lounging in the pool of water. Their eyes are open and every once in a while you see one of their large tongues lash out into the pool and roll back into their mouths.

Kyra relays the state of this room to the rest of the group. Y'think Gilda might want a giant frog? You didn't see one back in Seaside.

>Try to catch one of the giant frogs
>Kill the giant frogs
>Sneak past the giant frogs
>Walk past the giant frogs, they're fucking frogs
>>
>>43954705
>Walk past the giant frogs, they're fucking frogs
>>
>>43954705
>Try to catch one of the giant frogs
Since Kyra was specified to not be in the front, you really shouldn't handhold us by not letting our mistakes bite us in the ass.
>>
>>43954705
>>Kill the giant frogs
They are dangerous
>>
>>43954809
Kyra is smart enough to to her job without anons telling her.
>>
File: 1382324003981.gif (575 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1382324003981.gif
575 KB, 512x384
>>43954809
Or, and hear me out on this, you stop being autistically anal about punishment (seriously you're like a masochist, expect you like having it happen to everyone along with you) and realize that the team is competent and are independent enough to do their jobs with our constant micromanagement.
>>
>>43954858
Then why specify where she should be if she's not going to listen because our orders were stupid?
The only thing it does is show the party that we give out painfully stupid orders at times, despite being an experienced soldier.
>>
>>43954931
Only one anon voted for it.
>>
>>43954924
If they're competent enough to operate without our micromanagement, then why is micromanagement even a choice we're expected to make?
>>
File: ExecuteHim.jpg (68 KB, 708x392) Image search: [Google]
ExecuteHim.jpg
68 KB, 708x392
>>43954931
Where in text to did it show Alan giving orders? That was just the formation they all used together and adapted to circumstances.

But no
>Please punish us Trick, give us the strap for not making the exact optimal decision every time!
>>
>>43954981
Technically, I was asking for where you wanted to be, but I wasn't specific and since some anon gave me a marching order for everybody, I took it.

By the way

1. Kill frogs
2. Catch frog
3. Ignore frogs
>>
>>43955019
>>
>>43954998
>Where in text to did it show Alan giving orders?

The place where Alan gave orders.
>>43954681
>You tell Quissonce and Eve to stay behind you
>>
>>43955019
Approach to see if they are hostile
If yes

If no
>>
>>43955019
>>
>>43955019
>>
Alright. Frog killing time.

Roll me 2d100, best of 3
>>
File: 1438882696910.jpg (31 KB, 720x400) Image search: [Google]
1438882696910.jpg
31 KB, 720x400
Rolled 76, 54 = 130 (2d100)

>>43955156
>>
Rolled 11, 79 = 90 (2d100)

>>43955156
>>
>>43955156
GREAT WILL COMMANDS US!
>>
Rolled 14, 38 = 52 (2d100)

>>43955198
Fuck I missed
>>
They never stood a chance.

“Let's just kill these things.” Rowe strides into the room, pulling out her bow and starts feathering one with arrows. As the other two leap out of their pool and rush towards her you and Dolah come up on them with your weapons ready. One of their tongues lashes at you and you block it with your shield. It actually has seemed to grab on and you pull it forward with your arm, yanking it towards you. Your saber cleaves through the amphibian's tongue and then comes down on its head, splitting its skull in half. Dolah has just as easily dispatched her own frog.

“Y'know, we probably could have taken one of those alive easily enough and sold it to Gilda.” Eve says as she finally enters the room.

Yeah, she's probably right. They were pretty easy to handle. You feel like you've made an economically sub-par decision and your wallet may suffer for it.

“Eh, who fucking cares. Didn't want to wade around with one of those slimy things.”

>Take one of the frog corpses back to Gilda.
>Inspect the pool
>Inspect the slit in the wall
>Move forward
>>
>>43955428
Sorry, Gabby said that last thing, Not you. Probably should have mentioned that.
>>
>>43955428
>>Inspect the pool
>>Inspect the slit in the wall
>>
>>43955428
>Inspect the pool
>Inspect the slit in the wall
We can grab the bodies on the way out.
>>
Writing. And roll me 1d100, best of 3!
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>43955604
Ez
>>
Rolled 9 (1d100)

>>43955604
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>43955604
>>
You decide to check the pool. It's a disgusting murky green, with what looks like moss and other fungal things littering it. A couple of fish swim around the pool, some already nibbling on the dead frog Rowe dispatched. You notice a variety of bones in the pool as well. Some are fish, but others look to be more humanoid. In fact, you spot a human skull. There are old corpses in this pool. You also notice a half-helm sitting at the bottom of the pool, after closer inspection. You feel an urge to shove your hand in and grab it, before realizing that it's probably old and useless.

“That's magic.” You look to your side and see Eve standing next to you, peering into the pool as well. “That metal hat's magic.”

“How do you know.”

“I can detect it. You should totally grab it and then pay me for telling you about it.” Huh. You're doubting it's magic a bit right now. You reach in anyway and pull the thing out of the water, letting water run off the things before rubbing it down with a rag and placing it in your pack.
>>
You then move on to the slit. It's about ten feet off the ground and the surface it's in is slick with water. Would be hard to climb without help. Kyra notices your predicament and pulls out a few climbing spikes before letting Gabby hammer them into the wall. You step up on the things and are able to peer into the slit the water is coming from. There seems to be a small decanter at the back of this hole in the wall. And pouring out of it is all this water which fills the pool. You look in the decanter to see if maybe it has a false bottom and is actually just a well-designed pipe. But no, it's just a regular decanter which seems to be pouring out a constant stream of water.

You're able to reach your hand into the slit and grab the thing before pulling it out. Even as you pull it out of the hole, it continues to pour water. You climb down from the spikes, holding it away from yourself as it continues to pour. You look at the rest of your group, waiting for one of them to have an idea.

“Um, it's magic!” Eve says. You gathered that. Quissonce puts a finger to her lips.

“It probably has some sort of password to start and stop the effect. If this place was really dedicated to dragons, it would probably be in Draconic. I could spend some time trying the most logical words out.”

>Leave Quissonce here to puzzle out how to stop this thing
>Deal with it later, move forward
>>
>>43956150
>>Leave Quissonce here to puzzle out how to stop this thing
>>
>>43956150
>Leave Quissonce here to puzzle out how to stop this thing
>>
>>43956150
>Deal with it later, move forward
>>
Writing!
>>
You leave Quissonce there, sitting on the rim of the pool as she says various words in Draconic she thinks might result in the water to stop flowing. If you want to bring that thing with you, you'd very much like to not leave a noticeable wet trail or have it destroy any of your packs. You and the rest of your group move forward through more passageways before finally reaching the end of the temple. This is what would most likely be the crux of the whole operation, with a large altar of sorts that has been defaced.

It looks like it has been ransacked and robbed. Everything's been turned over and broken. There's a large hole in the back wall and a large tunnel that seems to lead deeper into the earth. After searching through most of this final room you find absolutely nothing. Which leaves you no option but to head down to whatever is below. Eve casts some spell that results in a light emanating from the tip of Dolah's lucerne hammer, which she uses as a torch as you delve below.

You quickly hear the sound of rushing water as you find an absolute torrent of an underwater stream bisecting the hard-packed dirt path you've been walking on. On the other side of the stream you see some wooden supports that are most likely helping to hold up this tunnel. So whoever made this tunnel might have gone on farther. The stream is about ten feet wide and looks rather deep. Doesn't seem smart to fall in. You think about how you're going to get past this.

“Eh, just throw me.” What? You look over and Eve seems to be talking to Gabby. “Throw me across and then Shoot over some rope. I'll tie it to something.”

>That is a stupid plan, instead we'll do (write-in)
>Go ahead, do it
>>
>>43956702
Can't we use our teleknesis to tie the rope?
>>
>>43956702
This is a stupid plan. lets do it.
>>
>>43956702
Just use mage hand to tie the rope, how hard can it be?
>>
Writing! Roll me 1d100.
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>43956898
It's easy!
>>
File: YHVH.png (9 KB, 510x546) Image search: [Google]
YHVH.png
9 KB, 510x546
Rolled 27 (1d100)

>>43956898
>>
Rolled 34 (1d100)

>>43956898
>>
File: Metatronlikeshiscoffe.png (26 KB, 510x556) Image search: [Google]
Metatronlikeshiscoffe.png
26 KB, 510x556
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>43956898
>>43956916
Lawfags combine!
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>43956898
>>
>>43956965
Too late faggot.
>>
File: Crocodile.jpg (10 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
Crocodile.jpg
10 KB, 276x183
“Wait, Eve. Why don't you just use your telekinesis thing?” That sounds much smarter and more manageable. She looks at you confused before her eyes open wide in realization.

“Oh yeah! I forgot I could do that.” How? Rowe pulls out some rope from her backpack and Eve is quite easily able to use her telekinesis to move the rope across the river. She guides it over to one of the wooden support beams and . . . has difficulty tying it. You admit, it is weird to do from this distance and by guiding the loops with your mind, so you pitch in and use your own telekinesis to aid her in tying it. With that secured, Kyra ties the other side to a very sturdy rock on your end and secures it. With that you can all begin to cross the river.

Dolah, taking the lead, walks to the edge of the stream and grabs hold of the rope, making sure she has a good hold of it. She mentally prepares herself to brace against the rushing water, taking a few breaths to get ready.

Then a crocodile leaps up from the river bed and slams its jaws shut around her leg before beginning to drag her and itself back into the river. She's still got hold of the rope, but she's half-way submerged in the water. It takes you a second to register just what happened.

You don't even think that was some magically-enlarged mega-crocodile or anything. It's just a crocodile.

>What do you do?

>Roll me 2d100 no matter what
>>
Rolled 24, 34 = 58 (2d100)

>>43957214
jump in after it of course.
>>
Rolled 22, 26 = 48 (2d100)

>>43957214
Cast guidance on an ally with ranged capacy and let them shoot/cast.
>>
Rolled 85, 16 = 101 (2d100)

>>43957214
>>
Rolled 22, 83 = 105 (2d100)

>>43957214
We still got those darts. Hit the croc in the eyes!
>>
>>43957313
Wrenloft (partially) saves the day again!
>>
Writing!

Jump in? Y/N
Throw dart? Y/N
Cast guidance on Rowe? Y/N
>>
>>43957476
n
y
y
>>
>>43957476
Y
Y
Y
>>
>>43957476
N
Y
Y
>>
>>43957476
Y
Y
Y
>>
>>43957476
N
Y
Y
>>
>>43957476
y
Y
Y
>>
“Shit!” Gabby yells as you all reach for your weapons. You don't know if you can do much right now with your saber. Rowe is probably much more suited for getting this thing off of Dolah. You reach inside your pocket and grab the marble, concentrating a bit. This is something new, but you feel like it'll work. Just like channeling The Great Will's powers through your own body to heal the wounds of others, but instead you think about granting clarity. Illuminating the ignorance of others with his all-seeing eye. You reach over and touch Rowe on the shoulder.

You don't know if she even realized you touched her, but her focus on the crocodile is razor sharp. She shoots true and the arrow pierces the crocodile's eye.

In it's painful thrashing it lets go of Dolah who is able to pull herself back onto shore by getting both hands on the rope. You rush over to her to help her up, when the crocodile comes back up and bites you around the leg.

You thought that arrow must have pierced its brain, but apparently it's still alive. You feel its teeth sink into your flesh as it starts to drag you back under the water. Your legs fall out from under you in the slick mud and you quickly scramble for your bandoleers before grabbing one of those darts and chucking it right into the crocodile's last good eye. It reels again in pain, falling beneath the waters. You smirk.

“Bullseye.” Your leg hurts like hell and so does Dolah's. You quickly channel some healing energy into your own leg before healing Dolah. She thanks you.

“Huh. Good thing you didn't throw me I guess.” Your journey across the stream is rather hassle-free after that. The only major issue is how Eve is going to cross, which Gabby solves by allowing her to ride on her shoulders.

You're all on the other side and rather wet. After a quick ten minute break to deal with drying yourselves as best as possible, you continue onwards. (1/2)
>>
File: Stone dragon head.jpg (26 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
Stone dragon head.jpg
26 KB, 400x291
You travel through the tunnel for another fifteen minutes before you arrive in a large circular chamber that seems to be crudely carved out of the more hardy rock deeper down. Half of the chamber seems to be submerged underwater and you can tell this water goes down deep. Maybe 30 or 40 feet. On the other side there is a crude dirt altar that is surrounded by ten or so burning candles. On top of the altar is what appears to be a broken off stone dragon head that has it's own candle burning in between what look to be it's horns. It was most likely broken off one of the statues that was in the temple. Around the stone head of the dragon lay multiple scales of an emerald green color.

>Investigate the dragon head
>Investigate the scales
>Investigate the candles
>Investigate the submerged section

Choose one!
>>
>>43958086
>Investigate the candles
If this is supposed to be an abandoned ruin, who replaced the candles?
>>
>>43958086
>>Investigate the submerged section
>>
>>43958119
+1.
>>
>>43958086
>Investigate the dragon head
>>
Writing!
>>
If this is supposed to be an abandoned ruin, who replaced the candles? You stride over to the candles and pick one of them up. You look intently at the wick and where the wax is. If you had to guess, you'd say this candle has been burning for maybe ten to twenty minutes, no more. Which means this was lit recently. Very recently in fact. Whoever lit this did it after all of you entered the temple in fact. Probably during the time it took you to dry yourselves off. And they couldn't have left, because there's only one entrance to this place. You would have seen them.

“I don't think we're –” SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH! You turn to look as you see man-sized hulking lizards leap out of the submerged section of the chamber. There's a dozen of them, outnumbering you two to one. And they look a lot meaner than those kobolds you dealt with earlier. They start to hiss at you in Draconic.

“Invaders! Invaders!” Eve backs up behind Dolah, who's moved forward with Gabby. Rowe pulls back towards the altar ready to knock an arrow into her bow. Kyra has seemed to slink back behind the altar.

There's a second of calm before they rush at you from where they're hunched with their clubs and claws.

>Charge in
>Stay back, wait for them
>Try diplomacy?
>Something else? (write-in)
>>
>>43958490
>>Try diplomacy?
>>
File: Lizardfolk.jpg (167 KB, 680x646) Image search: [Google]
Lizardfolk.jpg
167 KB, 680x646
This is the picture that I had to fight 4chan to upload.
>>
>>43958490
>>Stay back, wait for them
>>Try diplomacy?
They can't say afterwards we didn't try it.
>>
>>43958490
>Try diplomacy?
We were told to attempt diplomacy and TALK to people by Blackburn.
>>
Alright, 1d100 + 3, best of 3.

Also, what do you say to them?
>>
Rolled 56 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>43958673
>>
Rolled 6 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>43958673
>>
Rolled 97 + 3 (1d100 + 3)

>>43958673
Not Invaders. Lets talk.
>>
>>43958718
Best way to start diplomacy ever.
>>
>>43958733
I think you can still write in stuff if you want to. I just did something really basic.
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43958673
>>43958718
We ARE invaders, though.
"We are scholars, and we came to learn more of this temple, and of the dragon it is for."
>>
“Not invaders!” you shout in Draconic. The lizard-creatures seem to be stunned. They're clearly quite perplexed that you can speak their language. “Let's talk!” They seem to look at one another after you say this. After a couple seconds, they all seem to be waiting for the actions of one of the larger ones near the front who has some odd-looking bone armor on. Probably made from some large fish. He looks at the rest of your group, who are all still in battle position. You can almost see him assessing the situation. He finally speaks.

“Not invaders? You come into our temple. You wound our war beast. You bring weapons. What are you then?” War-beast? Are they talking about that crocodile? That thing still isn't dead?!

“Scholars.” He squints his eyes as you say that. “We came to learn of this temple. And of the dragon it is for.” Dolah starts to lower her lucerne hammer. Gabby takes a more relaxed stance. The one you're speaking to lowers his club a tad bit.

“Is for The First Dragon. Temple is ours. The lizard-folk. We made it.” Hmm, there may be some confusion between the two of you about what you mean when you say temple. You doubt if they made the other temple they would be all the way over here.

>Ask about the stone temple up top
>Ask how long ago did they make it
>Ask about The First Dragon
>Ask about the altar
>Offer to heal their crocodile
>Offer to trade (write-in)
>Leave
>>
>>43959010
>Ask about the stone temple up top
>Ask how long ago did they make it
>Ask about the altar
>>
>>43959010
>>Ask about the stone temple up top
>>Ask how long ago did they make it
>>Ask about The First Dragon
>>Ask about the altar
>>Offer to heal their crocodile

All the things!
>>
Writing!
>>
>>43959010
>Apologize, but it DID bite first and there were no written warnings.
>>
“You made this temple?” You ask their leader, you guess.

“Yes.”

“What about the temple above? On surface, made of stone.” He seems to snort in what you guess is disgust.

“Sahuagin. They made it long ago. Attack us on sight, keep us away. Recently found it abandoned, sahuagin dead. We take from them and start our own temple.”

“How long ago?”

“Since our last fertilizing time.” Mating season then? Less than a year or two in that case.

“Who is The First Dragon?”

“The original. The dragon who made magic. The dragon who made kobold, lizard-folk, wyvern and all other dragons. This altar is made for us to worship The First Dragon. Ask him to bless our egg clutches with strength.” Okay, so they're worshiping this thing as if it was a fertility God. But they also see it as a creator God.

This last part you're a little hesitant to do, but it's the right thing.

“I apologize for hurting warbeast. It bit first. There were no warnings. But I will heal it if you desire?”

He looks at you intently. “I will put up warnings next time.” He motions for a few of his men to go. They jump into the water and swim down. “They will bring warbeast. You will heal it.” Both of your two groups have lowered your weapons completely. You have a few minutes before you imagine those things will be able to guide a blind crocodile to you from wherever it went.

>Ask his name
>Ask to trade (write-in)
>Ask to bring one of them to Seaside
>Ask anything else you would like (write-in)
>>
>>43959439
>>Ask his name
If we get a representative from one of the natives on our first outing that would look pretty good.
>>
>>43959439
>>Ask his name
>Ask to trade (write-in)
ask what they might be looking for
>Ask anything else you would like (write-in)
ask about the surrounding area and if they can provide useful information relating to wildlife, climate, seasons/weather, potential dangers.
>>
>>43959439
>>Ask his name
>>
>>43959439
>Ask his name
>Ask if his people would be willing to trade with Seaside.
>Ask about the kobolds, and if his people have contact with the orcs.
>>
Writing!
>>
“What are you called?”

“Chieftan Ssazz, of the Acidspit Clutch.”

“Have you had any encounters with the kobolds in this area? Or orcs?”

“Kobolds outside swamp. They wander in from time to time, but we just kill and eat them.” You're finally catching some of the more subtle sounds of the Draconic language. “Orcs we see rarely.” He points to Dolah. “First one I've seen in many seasons.” Dolah looks a bit upset at that.

“Can you provide information about the local wildlife, climate, weather? Any potential dangers?” He seems to grow a bit angered at that.

“Yes, I have information. I've given much of it to you freely already.” This works as a nice seque.

“My people would be willing to trade some of what we have for this information. What might you want?” He thinks for a bit.

“Weapons. Armor. Food. Land. Things like that. What can you provide?” Again, nice segue.

“I don't know. I'm not the person in charge of all our supplies. My chief could tell you. But I'd have to bring you to him. Our settlement is not too far from here.” He squints, studying you to see if you're tricking him.

“No. A chieftain does not leave his tribe with no proof. We will swap diplomats if you wish to speak.” The four lizardfolk who swam away return, draggin a kicking and screaming crocodile with them. They drag it into the middle of the room and hold it down.

You approach with Dolah. With tensions still a little high, you aren't content to drop your guard just yet.
You place your marble in your hand and lay your hand on the crocodile. You focus and soon you feel the light of The Great Will spread through your fingers. When you let go, the crocodile's wounded eyes have healed
>>
Ssazz seems happy enough about that. You go back to your group and head towards the only exit while they spread out into their prayer room.

You gather with the rest of your group, quickly informing those who don't understand Draconic what's been going on. Apparently, Dolah also knows Draconic.

“Look if you're going to do this thing, I'd be down to stay here for a bit.” Eve volunteers. “Might be nice to learn about them.” She knows the language well and she's personable enough, but if this is a trap you doubt she could really escape.

Dolah could also do it, but you don't know if putting someone as devout as Dolah here would not create destructive tension.

You could be the swapped diplomat, but you'd be stuck here for a while if you do that.

You could also just say no and leave them in peace for now.

>Swap Eve with their diplomat
>Swap Dolah with their diplomat
>Swap yourself with their diplomat
>Decline and leave
>>
>>43959822
>>
>>43959822
>>Swap yourself with their diplomat
>>
>>43959822
She can apparently speak Ancient Draconic well enough that she can tell jokes in it, and get people to laugh.
Far better than Dolah who'd just get them angry at her evangelizing the Great Will.
>>
Writing!
>>
“Alright Eve. If you think you can handle this, I won't stop you.” She gives a thumbs up.

“Cool, I'll probably get paid up the wazoo for this.” You walk back to Ssazz and agree to swap diplomats. You show him Eve, who bows gracefully to him. He doesn't seem to understand the gesture, but doesn't seem displeased by it either. He speaks to two of his men in a whisper who then head back into the water.

You wait in silence for a bit before they come back with a third lizard. This one seems slightly smaller and scrawnier than the others. He has what looks like an annoyed look on his face. It's hard to tell with these creatures. The Chieftan speaks with this new one for a bit in private, making sure you can't hear him. Eve seems to be humming something as she looks over at the stone dragon head on the altar.
>>
Eventually, Ssazz comes back and ushers the other lizardman towards you. “Hello. My name is Ssett, of the Acidspit Clutch. I am pleased to meet you.” he sticks out his scaly, 4-pronged claws. That's odd, you didn't think these things would know what a handshake is. You put out your own hand and shake with him. Even through your gloves it feels clammy and slightly slimy.

“Alan Rodain. Of Seaside.” He follows after you as you begin to exit. After you give a short wave goodbye to Eve, you start introducing him to the rest of your companions. He actually asks you about what type of food you usually eat and which ones of you are female or male and if you're all part of the same race. He seems inquisitive.

After you have all gotten out of earshot and the sounds of your voices die down, Eve turns to the dozen or so lizardmen that are all staring at her. She looks from one to the next and then looks around at the rather dark, wet cave she's in. She looks back at the chieftain and begins.

“So, a human and a giant fire-breathing monster meet each other on the road. And the monster asks . . .”

>End of Thread
I will most likely run next time this Saturday. https://twitter.com/TrickQM
>>
>>43960096
thanks for running
Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.