[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fixing Broken Shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1436635489468.png (174 KB, 569x504) Image search: [Google]
1436635489468.png
174 KB, 569x504
As a Chaos player, i've been a little annoyed how underpowered we are at the moment, when you consider that most of our best firepower comes from Forgeworld, and most people won't let you run FW unique stuff outside of 30k games.

So, I pose you the important question, /tg/.

How do you fix the underpowered Codeces without breaking them? I mean stuff like Dark Eldar, Chaos, Orks, Blood Angels, etc.

Diomedededes is always relevant
>>
>>43916536
For Orks, it's easy. Bring back Looted Vehicles and give Choppa's a weaker rending, like, 6's To Wound are resolved at AP-3
>>
File: 1255211271580.jpg (53 KB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1255211271580.jpg
53 KB, 400x236
>>
I've said it loads of times exactly how to make them runable:

1) Bring back Mark of Undivided (only make it something like "All units gain ATSKNF, all units with ATSKNF, Fearless and Zealot instead gain +1 leadership" but make it standard on all units, with the mono-marks being an upgrade. Also, the Undivided mark removes any mono-god restrictions (E.G. a Sorcerer of Undivided would be able to take the Nurgle Discipline, but ride a Disk of Tzeench.)
2) decrease the points for the Mono-god marines, making their costs multiples of their gods number (E.G. Berzerkers cost 16 points each, Plague Marines cost 21 points each, Noise Marines and Ruberic's cost 18 points each)
3) special Vehicle marks of the gods (E.G. Khorne gives them rerolls to wound, Nurgle gives them +1 to all armour fronts, up to a max of 14, Tzeench gives +1 invuln, Slaanesh allows them to move 3" before determining what speed they are moving at.)
4) Khorne Berzerkers get to take a 16 point, each, upgrade to give them Juggernaut mounts.
5) Half the cost of the Palanquin of Nurgle (That shit is NOT worth 40 points)
>>
File: Orc Changes.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Orc Changes.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>43916536
use fan rules

HOLY SHIT NO ONE THOUGH OF THIS BEFORE!
>>
File: Fun[tm].jpg (75 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Fun[tm].jpg
75 KB, 250x250
>>43916536
>at the moment

2007 would like a word.
>>
>>43916536

>and most people won't let you run FW unique stuff outside of 30k games.

Sounds like a problem with the people you play against.
>>
>>43916536
Thank you for not mentioning Nids, we deeply appreciate that.
>>
>>43916536

The thing is, power is relative to the most powerful and presently Tau and Eldar are almost at 'roll 6 to win game' levels of power. Chaos, Orks and Nids don't need to be raised up, everyone else should be nerfed back down to the same level.
>>
>>43924928
>Chaos, Orks and Nids don't need to be raised up

Oh yes they do. The internal balance of the Tyranid codex is abysmal, with several special rules being so badly written that they don't serve any actual use. These codexes should be raised in power, while books like Tau, Necrons and Eldar should be scaled back until both sides meet somewhere in the middle.
>>
>>43924956
Not him, but i think DEldar are in a pretty good spot as far as internal balance goes, with no complete autotake options and few completely useless units. Maybe a muhreens/KDK powerlevel used as the base, with tau/eldar/crons bullshit scaled back and most others given a slight, or not-so-slight, bump up.
>>
>>43924993
I actually don't disagree. People overstate how weak they think the Dark Eldar codex is. Wyches and Hellions are rubbish and their anti-tank can be a bit lacking a times, but those problems aside the army is pretty well balanced. It's a nice midlevel book which can hold its own and doesn't feel unfair to play against.
>>
I've been out of the 40k loop for ages. What is the current totem pole of cheese right now? I love Deldar and Nids and I feel they've been bottom rung for a good while now.
>>
>>43925083

>People talking about my codex

Hallelujah, But seriously i almost always take 1 or 2 farseers with my DE, buffs them immensely. Maybe some Harlequin IC' for free hit and run/morale stuff
>>
>mob rule
Any ork unit benefits from a +1Ld modifier for every 10 orks (not gretchin) it contains. Furthermore, if an ork unit fails a leadership, pinning or fear test it may elect to allocate and immediately resolve wounds to that unit equal to the amount the test was failed by, in order to count as automatically passing the previously failed leadership, fear or pinning test.

>Waaagh!
Once per game, at the beginning of either player's turn an ork warboss may issue a Waaagh! For the duration of the turn all friendly ork units within 12" gain the following:
>fearless
>hammer of wrath
>twin-linked
In addition, all friendly ork vehicles within 12" ignore crew stunned and crew shaken results.
>>
>>43925207
War in Heaven tier: Max-cheese Eldar
Top tier: Eldar, Space Marines, Tau, Necrons
High tier: Ravenwing, Adeptus Mechanicus, Daemons, Imperial Knights, Khorne Daemonkin
Meh tier: Space Wolves, Tyranids, Dark Angels, Bolter Bitches, Grey Knights
Bad tier: Dark Eldar, Harlequins (when played solo), Blood Angels, Militarum Tempestus, Guard
THE BEATEN AND THE DAMNED tier: Orks, Chaos Space Marines
Actually RAW unplayable tier: Deathwing
>>
>>43928289
>playing chaos space marines
>the guys I play the most with are Elder + Elder + Necrons + Daemons + space wolves

Well aint I a pork
>>
>>43916536
Simple: give them 30k Word Bearers rules. Ever since having built these I have traded all 40k Chaos as they are what I imagined CSM to feel like.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.