[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All Flesh Must Be Eaten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Night_of_the_Living_Dead.jpg (191 KB, 456x723) Image search: [Google]
Night_of_the_Living_Dead.jpg
191 KB, 456x723
How's All Flesh Must Be Eaten as a system? Does it have any glaring mechanical issues?
>>
There isn't any room for stat + skill in the d10 number range, the exploding dice mechanic is fucked up and weird, the margins of success are also vaguely retarded, and the core mechanic is in general shit.

A .38 revolver takes like 3 shots to kill a nerdy college kid. Not okay for gritty horror.

Everything has too many fucking life points.

The stats are lame and the vehicle rules are crappy.

Overall, it's reminiscent of the shitty 80s-era RIFTS rpgs from Kevin Simbieda or however you pronounce that weird Italian name.

So overall, not very good. Savage Worlds is probably a lot better for zombies.
>>
>>43847542
Someone who isn't this guy: is this accurate?
>>
>>43847585

Yes.
>>
>>43847640
Aw, that's a disappointment.
>>
Those gun damages are easily upped. The vehicle rules are fairly average. Nothing special. Exploding dice is optional and success levels are easy to learn if you can math at a basic level
>>
>>43847815
>Exploding dice is optional and success levels are easy to learn if you can math at a basic level

Yes, you CAN do the success levels. But it is more complex than it needs to be. Just like, yes, I CAN roll 7d6 and add it up every time I want to make a check. But it's slow as fuck and requires me to do math in a badly-explained way.

I'm curious if there are any good 1d10 systems though.
>>
>>43847815
Sound's reasonable. What's actually wrong with exploding dice?
>>
I find the exploding dice to take away the grit that can be used in the system. Also it's mildly clunky.
I am bias. I use unisystem classic as my main system but I understand its faults. It has its strengths though. Very easily made more lethal using some of the optional rules in the book/s
>>
*biased
>>
>>43847890
Alright, if I wanted to run a game of this with the players exploring a ruined city (let's use Resident Evil 3 here as an example) and wanted combat to be gritty, but not terribly unfair, what would you recommend I do?
>>
Don't make them survivors. Something inbetween norm and survivor if you want them to be semi capable. Up damage multipliers by one for melee and ranged combat. Make bludgeon weapons halve armour (otherwise they're useless). Exploding dice are nono. Look at the combat rules. Willpower checks when getting shot at to not freeze up etc. Possibly use hit location rules.
>>
>>43847961
Alright, I'll take note of this when I give it a shot. Thank you.
>>
Np. It's a fun system. I've used it for post apoc, star wars and hyborean fantasy. It's great and easily changed as needed. Have fun. Good luck
>>
>>43847542
Sure your hatred isn't caused by the fact your ex sent you the copy and you forced yourself to play it?
>>
Ouch
>>
>>43848028

What?

No, it's shit because it's a mix of clunky mechanics that don't work well together. Try something like FATE or Savage Worlds for examples of a well put together game. Or Mini Six. Hell even d20 modern is better than fucking AFMBE.
>>
Hide BH threads.
Ignore BH posts.
Do not reply to BH posters.
>>
File: OUO.gif (1 MB, 350x265) Image search: [Google]
OUO.gif
1 MB, 350x265
>>43848851
>>
>>43847385
Any system with a flat single die roll + modifier system is going to have mechanical problems. There's no probability curve on the die rolls. Your chance of rolling the lowest possible number, the highest possible number, and the dead average, are identical. This usually results in a coin-flip system. The modifier creates the curve, and rolling high or low is just a 50/50 determination of success and failure. Leads to all around bad crunch.
>>
I like to shit myself on a regular basis and masturbate, covered in my own shit. I then collect the shit and semen in little jars. I fill shelves in my basement with jars. When the shelves get full, I dump the jars into a swimming pool and kidnap a local prostitute by inviting her in and drugging her. When she wakes up, she is suspended over a swimming pool, held aloft by a flimsy rope. She is not only tied up, but is cuffed hand and foot. I then slap her with a small wooden pole, and sing and dance a little jig whilst she cries. Once I finish my jig, I cut the rope suspending her aloft. She falls into the swimming pool, yet is still cuffed, so she can only wriggle like a caterpillar while she screams and gets my various excretions all over herself. I masturbate to this, edging myself for 4 hours. I then set the swimming pool, shit, semen, and prostitute alight. Then I move house the next day. Rinse and repeat.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.