[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1446182011681.jpg (662 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1446182011681.jpg
662 KB, 1024x768
Salamanders Don't Get their Save Against Baleflamers Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.blacklibrary.com/faqs-and-errata.html

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V6.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index
>>
I'm working on a small CSM force for more casual play, because lord knows I'm not going to be competitive with them and they're more of a re-introduction to learning the game. Either way, I've got a pack of chaos terminators lying around and I wanted to build em. Normally I'd want to convert and do all lightning claws but only the lord will have em.

Anyway, if I just build them with the shit they come with, most likely a Reaper and a heavy flamer with a combi bolter and chainfist in the squad, will they even be worth taking just in casual games? Or do they just suck, full stop?
>>
Why hasn't there been a Spartacus-like slave revolt in the Dark City?
>>
>>43841133

They aren't awful, they're just a bit overpriced.

They will perform great against lighter infantry but get smashed by other termies. A land raider makes them so much better.
>>
>>43841278

Because you're a faggot.
>>
>>43841404
Yeah...but it's a ChaosLR
>>
>>43841420
What about it?
>>
>>43841453
it sucks donkey ass, being as it has a mixture of heavy bolters and lascannons, meaning it will waste shots, and no PotMS to power a gun while you drive fast towards the enemy. basically the worst of both worlds, pay for both
>>
I got Dark Angels Battleforce kit yesterday. I plan making Sableclaw and the attack bike with melta. I don't know how I want to build the black knights/command squad. Is the ravenwing banner worth it? Apothecary? Champion? Or just build them as black knights?
>>
>>43841420

Fair point but if they deepstrike into the enemy battle line, they survive max one turn.
>>
>>43841278
not sexy enough to get started and vect wouldn't allow it
>>
>>43841278
Most of the slaves are ordinary civilians, being ruled over by a brutal warrior culture that delights in terrifying and crippling them. Any rebellion they try will be short-lived and pointless.
The dangerous captives, Space Marines and Orks and such, tend to die pretty quickly in the Arena, or be tortured and mutilated beyond all functionality.
Finally, a lot of them slowly learn to love their masters and become horrible things like Wracks and Grotesques.
I don't doubt that some of them have tried, but in the end, they're mostly ordinary people suffering from severe trauma and malnourishment against immortal torture ninjas with acid guns.
>>
>>43841133
Make them into obliterators.
>>
>>43841278

There has been.
>>
Which are more efficient for their points, death cult assassins or acro-flagellants?

I have warband with a melee inquisitor and priest hiding behind lots of melee acolytes and two crusaders and I was thinking about giving them more punch.
They're both 15 points but the assassins with their 3 s4 ap3 I6 attacks seems clearly superior to the acro's 4 S5 ap- I3 attacks, is there an argument for taking them?
>>
Any way i can improve my 1500 points of blood angels?

2 10 Death company(bolters and jumpack 460 points)
1 land raider with storm bolter extra armor and multimelta (275 points)
1 5 assault terminators(200 points)
2 5 tactical squads(2 plasma each) with Rhinos(280 points)
1 Librarian, level 2 psyker with gallians staff and jumppack(115 points)
1 death company dreadnought with blood talons, magna and drop pod locator beacon(175 points)
>>
File: How.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
How.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
I have a few questions. When did the Blood Ravens get anywhere near the Maelstrom? How do they have any connection to the Badab War? And how and why did the Tech Marine fail?
>>
>>43841967
i'm tempted to say go with acro flagellants since they're a tad tougher and stronger. i6 with ap3 means you're great against tau/eldar/dark eldar/nids/daemonettes but everything tougher then t3 is gonna give you issues wounding
>>
I would really like a Brother Craig mini, the metal space marine that is listening to a pistol magazine, but I can't find any on eBay. Does anyone know where I could find one?
>>
>>43841967
Death Cultists are enormously better. Arco-Flagellants might deal out slightly more damage against low-save enemies, but their low Initiative means many will be killed before getting to fight, and their inability to bypass saves makes them really unreliable against MEQ's. I guess they might be superior against Orks, but on the whole DCA's are more useful.
>>
File: This is going to be tough.png (2 MB, 1280x994) Image search: [Google]
This is going to be tough.png
2 MB, 1280x994
Advice on how to remove Eldar and not destroy the monuments?
>>
Is there something like a list of the best/most important novels for the different factions? I'd be interested in expanding my knowledge of 40k lore so I'd like to read some novels
>>
>>43841133
you cant take both a heavy flamer and a reaper autocannon, just so you know
>>
What would a good tau list that includes at least one squad of fire warriors and one squad of crisis battle suits look like?
>>
Every once in a while there is some anon asking "How do we make faction X strong?", but we can't obviously go that way, since it would just end up being S:D for everyone and the game would basically be a race for who can reach range with its 48" S:D Assault18 weapons, at least until an army will come out able to take invulnerable even against a 6 on the D table.
So new game: how would you make the current top tier armies weaker so that they are on the same level of the mid tier armies?
Hard difficulty: no "Make unit X as it was Y editions ago"
Harder difficulty: no "Make unit X cost Y points more"
>>
>>43842320
The immediate solution that springs to mind is to change the way Eldar D weapons, markerlights and graviton works. Sure, they'll still be more powerful, but not nearly as bad. Nerfing MCs in some fashion would probably go a long way too.
>>
>>43842320
Eldar: remove massed sD (WK could probably still keep it since one big model with 2 shots at D isn't really that game breaking), make jetbikes only be able to take one scatterlaser/shuricannon per three bikes, remove the option to take multiple WKs in the decurion.
Necrons: remove the Canoptek Harvest. Make Wraiths t4 again. Maybe also remove the +1 to reanimation from Decurion.
Tau: Remove Optimised Stealth Cadre, and make the decurion bonus just give +1 bs if multiple units shoot at same targets. Really, Tau were pretty mid-tier before the codex update (aside from that one Riptide + Broadsides formation) so keeping them at that level basically boils down the removing the most OP stuff they just got.
Imperium: Don't let battle brothers ride on each others drop pods. Also for Marines, don't give them free drop pods from the decurion.
>>
>>43841989
You can remove the stormbolter off the LR
If memory serves you can't run dual special weapons on BA tacticals anymore, but check your codex. Make one a combi-plasma if you must.
You don't need a locator on the pod since it's probably dead after it arrives.

To improve, the dread could be another librarian or a libby dread. Swap the rhinos for drop pods, so you have 3 pods.

I would honestly suggest dropping the landraider for more dreads in pods, or more stuff with ap2 or ability to kill tanks. The landraider and termies are slow and expensive in a list that's fast.

>>43842252
That depends on what you want in the list
If you take one squad of FW, they are anti infanty. One squad of crisis is plasma or fusion, so anti TEQ and vehicle/monster.

From there, I would say add sniper kroot for your other troops.
You could then add a stealth suit unit or two for more anti infantry if you really wanted.
With no battlesuit commander, you use either an ethereal (who needs a unit of FW and devilfish to hide in) or shadowsun

If you take tons of kroot, then the ethereal is better because his bonuses confer to them.

From that, pathfinders are really really useful for you. Then hammerheads can provide anti-tank and such, but your list technically lacks good TEQ and monster killing power, but with sniper kroot you should have enough. Something like 4 squads of 20 would obliterate everything.

You can take a stormsurge, which is great for killing everything, and a single burst cannon riptide can provide good fire support as well.
>>
>>43842065
>>43842118
So what's a good unit to convert in to death cult assassins? They would need to be human sized and roughly human shaped with two swordish weapons.

Is there enough weapons in the DE wyches pack to give them dual swords/knives?
>>
>>43842320

Orks:

Warbosses can take the trophies that increase their LD to 10

Cybork Body becomes 5+ invuln, 6+ FNP

Stompas become SH walkers, basically cheaper Imperial Knights but worse overall (so a 1 on 1 the knight will win, but likely lose when ganged up on)

If an Ork character challenges, his unit becomes fearless for the assault phase. If he wins the challenge, they get Fearless for the next turn.

Mob Rule becomes something like: on a failed LD test take a number of S4 hits equal to the number you rolled vs your LD (roll an 11 against LD 8, take 3 hits and pass the test.)
>>
>>43842058
1.When they were looking for shit to steal
2.They stole shit like they always do
3.Because he didn't use enough oils and chants Fucking Techmarine amateurs
>>
1826/1850 List

Iron Hands/Grey Knights
-Combined Arms Detachment

-Nemesis Strike Force

Combined Arms Detachment 1091
---
Smashbro 255
-The Gorgon's Chain, Power Fist, Lightning Claw, Artificer Armor, Space Marine Bike

Techmarine 85
Space Marine Bike

5x Command Squad 200
Space Marine Bikes, 4x Meltagun, 2x Stormshield, Apothecary

3x Bike Squad 93
-2x Grav-gun 30

3x Bike Squad 93
-2x Grav-gun 30

Space Marine Fire Raptor Gunship 225
-2x Twin-Linked Auto Cannons

Space Marine Sicaran Battle Tank 135

Nemesis Strike Force Formation 740
---
Grey Knight Librarian 135
Mastery Level 3

5x Grey Knight Terminator Squad 155

Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight 225
Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight 225
Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis Greatsword, Personal Teleporter

Thoughts on this list? How do you think it would fair in a competitive meta? I have 19 points left to spend, which gives me some options. I can give my Librarian a cuirass or give a GK termy an incinerator. Both option lets me give one-two terminators a fancy pair of falchions.

My other option is making this White Scars, cutting Smashbro for Khan or a Hunter's Eye Librarian and adding more bike troops.
Disclaimer: I am just getting back into 40k, I haven't played in years and this is my attempt at building a list that can survive in a scary Tau/Eldar world. The idea is that I have 3 models that are quite good at smashing Wraith/Riptide/Knights, with relatively good firepower between 2 NDK, my bikes, Fire Raptor and Sicaran.
>>
Is it worth holding onto my CSM or will the update be a disappointment?
Im selling Red Corsairs, debating letting the rest go too.
>>
>>43842580
>>43842058
I always thought blood magpies was just a meme but the more I learn about them the more it seems like the ONLY way they could have all this wargear was if they stole it. I mean they didn't even take part in the badab war, how the hell would they explain this shit if interrogated over it?!

Like roving bands of blood ravens sneaking about imperial worlds just stealing shit. scouts sent on training missions to loot the fresh corpses mid-battle, just some dark eldar descending on a tau world only to turn around to find some magpies making off with his wargear and slaves.
>>
File: Five wraithguard.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Five wraithguard.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>43842580
It could be worse. He could have been Thule dealing with those wraithguard.
>>43842679
I imagine it as Ocean 11 mixed with the Emperor's Champion.
>>
>>43842534
He meant making strong things weaker
Like making eldar wraith weapons not fucking d and wraithknights not fucking garg creatures
>>
So the new Tau shit is coming out in like, what, 2 days?

Don't we have any leaks other than shitty low-res images? It's all I've been able to scrounge up so far.
>>
File: cover.jpg (159 KB, 1009x1346) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
159 KB, 1009x1346
Been thinking of using this as a compact maelstrom mission force.

++ Chaos Space Marines: Crimson Slaughter (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1847pts)

+ HQ (195pts) +

Chaos Lord (195pts) [Bolt Pistol, Daemonheart (30pts), Mark of Nurgle (15pts), Melta bombs (5pts), Palanquin of Nurgle (40pts), Sigil of corruption (25pts), Warlord]

+ Elites (392pts) +

Chaos Terminators (392pts) [Mark of Nurgle (18pts)]
····Chaos Land Raider (245pts) [Dirge caster (5pts), Extra Armour (10pts), Searchlights, Smoke Launchers, 2x Sponson mounted Twin-linked Lascannons, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter]

+ Troops (988pts) +

4x Plague Marines (Troops) (238pts)
····Rules: Fearless, Feel no Pain, Mark of Nurgle
····Chaos Rhino (40pts) [Combi-bolter, Dirge caster (5pts), Searchlight, Smoke launchers]

+ Heavy Support (272pts) +

Chaos Vindicator (120pts) [Demolisher Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers]

Obliterators (152pts) [Mark of Nurgle (12pts), 2x Obliterator (140pts)]
>>
so, are there any current chinamen alive?
>>
no pdf yet? ...ffs
>>
Had to get Tarkus and Hairgel to the beacon nearby to call up some more boys, and had to bring Thule back to life for the third time in the fight.
>>
>>43842873
We wont get a pdf. We'll get pictures and, at most, some fuck awful "epub" version that is worse than literal shit.

Fuck GW and their insistence on using a file format that is literally "PDF without a ton of good functions, a ton of pointless limitation, and only properly useable on a specific devise for arbitrary reasons. - Oh, and it's a pain in the ass to convert, because fuck being accessible, it only cost you 44£ :^)"
>>
>>43843000
>43843000â–¶
>>>43842873
i guess im waiting for battlescribe to update their shit
>>
>>43842394
How do death company survive being mulched without a tank wall to shield them? 230 points into a squishy unit really makes me antsy. They'll deepstrike on the board and be smeared instantly
>>
>>43841516

All of the upgrades are worth it. 6 man squad, 1 grenade launcher, banner and champ to take challenge off hq
>>
>>43841516
The Apothecary gives you FNP; if I recall correctly you jink on 2+ and then have FNP 5+? That's like Termies on a bike.
>>
File: Time to test the new gits out.png (2 MB, 1280x992) Image search: [Google]
Time to test the new gits out.png
2 MB, 1280x992
>>
>>43842058
well, some dude dropped the armor on the battlefield and you collected the item or not?
That doesn't mean the BRs got it from the Badab war directly.
>>
>>43842210
you have to destroy the monument on purpose or you have to be one greater moron if you destroy it as collateral damage
>>
>>43842232
there are probably as many factions as there are books, you need to be more specific
>>
>>43842585
You take the book on the librarian for reference, always

All things considered your list is borderling op as shit and wouldn't get many games. Minmax grav spam and smashHQ, plus max dreadknights and fireraptors and such...

I mean it's a good list, everything is basically top tier except the command squad and techmarine. I would recommend toning it to be in line with you local meta

Then again if your local meta is eldar D spam, invisiblity always, superheavies for days, then it's probably not worth playing those faggots.

>>43842625
Hold strong, the false emperor has fallen for our trap, thinking CSM are no longer a threat.

>>43843065
What do you mean how? You put some first turn drop pod dreads in the enemies face and then the death company easily cover the field. Stick to cover just in case.
>>
>>43843152
I found it on the mission where you have to destroy Chaos structures on Thaddeus's homeworld. The Vandiss House has stolen BR relics before and I doubt they wouldn't give Eliphas and Arraghast's boys some of the Raven's toys. We don't even know when those relics were stolen.
>>43843189
I'm past that, and had to get Hairgel to deal with the Eldar on the monument himself. I didn't want Thule to wreck anything but that led to him drowning in Banshees and getting gunned down by guardians and Wraithguards.
>>
>>43843201
I meant something like 1 book/series of books for each playable faction (except SM that are basically half the factions and I expect that they would appear anyway in more than half of the other novels)
>>
Not really got any good feedback on this yet.

++1st Company Task Force++

+Elites+

10x Sternguard Veterans [Plasma Gun, Heavy Bolter] 245

5x Terminator Squad [Cyclone Missile Launcher, 5 Chain Fists] 225

9x Sternguard Veterans [Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Power Sword, Drop Pod] 228

+Dedicated Transport+

Drop Pod [Locator Beacon] 45

++Void Claws++

5x Wolf Guard Terminator [All x2 Wolf Claws] 240 points

++Storm Wing++

Stormraven [Twin-linked Lascannons, Multimelta's] 200

Stormtalon [Skyhammer missiles] 115

Stormtalon [Skyhammer missiles] 115

++Librarius++

Librarian [Psyker ML2, Terminator Armour, Storm Shield] 125

Librarian [ML2, Digital Weapons, Auspex] 105

Librarian [ML2, Digital Weapons, Auspex] 105
>>
>>43842526
>So what's a good unit to convert in to death cult assassins?

Witch Elves. Wyches come with a pistol and a close combat weapon, while WE's come with a pair of knives. Pop them on round bases, shave down the ears and paint them to look like they're wearing bodysuits and you're good to go.
>>
>>43841278
I wonder if GW could pull off a piece where Angron musters up a war host and raids the Dark Eldar turf, freeing some slaves and giving them the power to reek bloody mayhem in the name of Khorne to those deviants who enslaved them
>>
File: Mart.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Mart.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
This man is your friend. Treat him nicely or he'll beat you to death with a Chaos Predator.
>>
>>43843297
His Chaos Predator is a pussy. Just bring Meltaguns and he falls over pretty quick.
>>
>>43843347
I only have two. Three if I count Thaddeus's melta bombs. How bad is Cyrus if he's the traitor?
>>
>>43843281
But they're so expensive compared to other units.
>>
>>43841278

Because you can't make it into a three part campaign available as hardcover sold only at Games Workshop and games-workshop.com
>>
>>43842526
Dark Elves are always goof for Death-cult stuff. In my headcanon, my Ordo Xenos Inquisitor is the head of her own Death Cult. So, I converted a load of the Dark Elf Executioners into Death Cult-style Crusaders (I just Green-stuffed a load of spare Grey Knight Personal Teleporter backpacks to them and say that they are super-advanced Force-Field generators made using "Liberated" alien technology.)
>>
So /tg/ I was gifted a BA army by an old friend of mine who left the game and I'm looking at what I can do with it.

1 Captain Kharlaen
1 converted Astorath the Grim
1 Captain with jump pack
1 Librarian with jump pack
1 Apothecary with jump pack
1 standard bearer with jump pack
1 Company Champion with jump pack
1 Vet with jump pack
5 DC with jump packs, 4 with bolt pistol/chainsword, 1 with thunder hammer
16 Assault Marines (14 with jump packs) - 4 have inferno pistols, 4 have melta guns, 8 have bolt pistol/chainsword.
11 Tact Marines - 7 with boltguns, 2 with bolt pistol/chainsword, 1 plama gun, 1 missile launcher. 9 painted, 2 part-painted.
1 Furioso Dreadnought
2 Landspeeder Typhoons with Typhoon Missile Launchers and multi-meltas
1 Landspeeder storm
1 Baal Predator
1 Whirlwind
1 Razorback with lascannon/twin-linked plasma gun
1 Stormraven
1 Commander Dante
1 Mepphy Lord of Deathy

So what can I do with this? What sorta units do I need to pick up?
>>
>>43843427
15 points per melee rape machine is not expensive. Anyway, you should only really need about 5-7 of them. Because generally, you want:

3-5 Crusaders
5-7 Death Cult Assassins
Priest
Psyker.

That way, if you are lucky, your Psyker has a chance to learn Stronghold (+1 to Invuln saves) and you can get your priest to pop his "Reroll all failed Armour/Invuln saves and you can sit back and laugh as your opponent rages from the fact that you have a melee rape squad with 2+ rerollable invuln saves.
>>
>>43843522
No I mean in real money, the wych box is so much more expensive now it's combine with sisters of slaughter.

I'm thinking about DE corsairs now, just looking in my bits box and thinking about how to make them look less fantasy.
>>
>>43842320

>Optimized Stealth Cadre
>Units can use JSJ before shooting
>Units gain Pinning, Blind
None of this "nothing personell kid" teleporting bullshit.

>Markerlights
>Scour: Each Markerlight spent reduces cover saves by one
>NEW OPTION: Spend two Markerlight to force rerolls of successful cover saves
>>
>>43843588
>the wych box is so much more expensive now it's combine with sisters of slaughter.

The models are lovely, though. They're expensive as hell, but one box is all you really need.

If you're looking for something similar but cheaper, Avatars of War did pretty nice sets of not-Witch Elves and not-Daemonettes that could work as a starting point for conversions.
>>
>>43843672
>that model is lovely but very expensive

Gw story in a nutshell
>>
>>43843257
The sternguard don't need the plasma or bolter, if anything give them all a combi weapon, otherwise leave with no guns, maybe dual meltas at most, need drop pod or some other ride
I don't think the termi sarge can take a weapon, would check, otherwise they look ok
Same as sternguard above
You don't really need the digital weapons on the librarians, melta bombs would be better. Also only 1 auxpex as I don't think they stack.

Change stormtalons to lascannons, give your stormraven extra armor so he doesn't screw up and die.

>>43843509
You should wait until the codex gets updated and just see what to do then.
If you must, then another 2 dreads, 3 drop pods at minimum. Take libby dread and put in the stormraven or a pod.
>>
>>43842320
Skitarii: drop pods may only be used by space marines.

In a similar vein preventing craftworlders borrowing an archon's webway portal helps somewhat.
>>
>>43843878
For all the bullshit Age of Sigmar did the keyword system is something that would be extremely beneficial to 40k.
>>
>>43843672
second that. I couldn't resist and got me a bx (not from GW directly, I'm not made of money) and I really luv the kit.

I use it to convert Bloodbrides (I know, not the strongest Dark Eldar have to offer, but muh fluff). It combines suprosingly well with Dark Eldar parts, the arms are thicker, however with the right paintjob it should look like the gladiator style armour that just covers one arm etc.

The shield things from the Sisters of Slaughter make nice counts as Hydra gauntlets
>>
>>43843509
Seeing all those assault marines, I bet he played BA when they were troops. My friend cleaned and repainted his assault marines to be death company and has no regrets
>>
>>43843864
Are BA due a codex update soon? I haven't been following too closely and I heard no mention of an update.

Also thanks for the advice, I'll see how my budget is looking after Christmas.
>>
>>43843218

I have to take the Techmarine to take 2 relic vehicles, and the command squad gets 4++ FNP cause Iron Hands. Maybe that's not worth, but it seems pretty good. I don't plan to play this unless I'm playing some serious shit.
>>
Alright, I am a Space Wolves player that recently did a Doubles tournament with a friend who uses Blood Angels, he brought 7 Death Company blokes with Power Swords and a Sanguinary Priest.

Now, I had heard how absolutely fucking nuts these guys were, but had no clue exactly how fucking nuts until I saw these blokes eat Ghazkull and a sea of boys in 1 turn of combat.

So, I've decided to get a Sanguinary Priest and a Death Company and run them as allies, taking our my Blood Claws and some Hammernators to get the points necessary to get them in there. Because, if there is one thing I have learned, it's "15 Blood-Claws+Wolf Priest charging out of a Stormwolf will kill damn near anything." So, I'm wondering what will happen if I replace 15 Blood-claws with 10 Death Company, who have Furious Charge, BS5 (thanks to Sanguinary Priest), 1 more attack each, and all of them using Power Weapons? Because I imagine it to be rather enjoyable to watch.

Anyway, what Power Weapon do I bring them with? I'd rather have any charging they do last 1 turn, so, I was thinking of giving them Power Lance's. Would it be better to give them Power Axes and confirm that they are all going to die, but at the cost of possibly losing some of my men in the process?
>>
>>43843949
>Are BA due a codex update soon?

Nope. Chaos, Orks, Tyranids, and IG are, IIRC, currently the oldest Codexes still in the game. IG recently got a minor update in the new campaign book, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's them for the time being. If there's any justice in the world, GW will make the other three at least semi-playable some time soon.

So I'm expecting eight months of Age of Sigmar and plastic Horus Heresy releases instead.
>>
>>43843911

Mind explaining what that is

Haven't looked into Sigmar at all to be honest
>>
>>43843949
BA already got their 7th ed update so it'll be years. Also >>43843948
>>
File: 1442886279267.jpg (361 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
1442886279267.jpg
361 KB, 800x1066
>>43843948
Yeah I tried building a list out of it and the fast attack slot was bloated as fuck. Not really worth using then when DC is an option then?

>>43843986
Oh boy... well... hopefully I'll get some more cheap dreads and DC until then.
>>
>>43844006
Each model has a number of keywords associated with it - usually the name of the unit, their species, faction, and unit type. So a Khorne Slaughterpriest might have "Khorne Bloodbound, Khorne, Chaos, Human, Priest". Abilities and special rules only affect certain units based on what Keywords they have, so you could have an area of effect ability that buffs "All Chaos units" or "all Friendly human units", or a terrain feature that only activates if a Priest is in base contact.

As much as I loathe AoS, it's a pretty neat system.
>>
>>43843986

Nah Orks already got their 7th edition Codex, first one in fact.

I'm already settled on the fact that when they do get their Orkurion equivalent it's just going to be something like "Hammer of Wrath on charge roll of a 10" and that's it.
>>
>>43842058
I imagine domitus is a unspecified techmarine of another chapter, and that the armor showed up in your game because chaos gained a new brother in domitus.
>>
>>43843400
Annoying more than anything, though if you have low armor on anyone he'll gib them
>>
>>43843977
Give them one or two power fists. It's 4 S9 AP2 attacks for each model. Use the others without power weapons.

With 2 PF and the other naked you have 8 power fist attacks and 40 normal attacks. Enought to rape absolutely everything.

Other power weapons can still be good, but I personally wouldn't put not AP2 on them. They have so many attacks that anything with a 3+ would die from pure wounds saturation even with AP -.
>>
>>43844060
The problem with AoS is that is just too simplified.
>>
Hello. Im trying to get in the hobby and i would like to play an haemonculus only dark eldars ( no cabals shit ) is it possible ?
>>
Which is more important to achieve, a coherent force or cheap allied forces that supplement what I'm missing?
>>
>>43844241
Possible and pretty good. Look for the haemonculus coven supplement in the mega.
>>
>>43844241
There's a supplement for it yes
>>
File: Grotesques (2).jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Grotesques (2).jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>43844241
Yes.

The Haemonculi Covens supplement lets you build a pure Haemonculi army. I would recommend the Dark Artisan, Grotesquerie, and Scalpel squadron formations as good things to build first.

Fair warning: Grotesque models are expensive beyond belief, so you'll want to come up with something else to use for your Grotesques. I use Eldar Wraithblades plus parts from the Talos Pain Engine kit to make my Grotesques(pictured) because my theme is the Coven of the Brother's Bone, who make all their stuff out of skeletons and corrupted Wraithbone constructs.
>>
File: Talos.jpg (218 KB, 681x1031) Image search: [Google]
Talos.jpg
218 KB, 681x1031
>>43844297
Talos Pain Engine from the same army
>>
>>43844281
Thanks ! Another Quick question , should i get a lot of wracks , and can i use them as troops with the supplément ?
>>
+ do i need the original Deldar codex ?
>>
>>43844336
Groteques are much better, but wracks favor shooting to make up for less toughness.
>>
>>43844359
I don't think so, all the profiles and rules should be in the supplement but don't hold me to that.
>>
>>43844336
The supplement gives you an alternate Force Organization Chart that lets you take nothing but HQ, Elites, and Heavy Support with no need for troops(you can still take Raiders and Venoms as dedicated transports). However, Wracks are generally not very good, and you're probably better off running Grotesques.

>>43844359
Yes, but you can download it from the mega link in the first post of this thread.
>>
>>43844336
You can't take them as troops, but the supplement allows you to take elite as the mandatory units, so basically you don't have to ( and can't) take anything but wracks, grotesques, pain engines and transports.
>>
>>43844405
And homunculus.
>>
>>43844269
To tack on, I'm looking at grey knights for an allied detachment or one of the new IG formations since I lack shooting in general.
>>
>>43844336
Grotesques and Talos/Cronos engines will be doing the real heavy lifting in your army. Wracks are mostly useful in Scalpel Squadrons, as >>43844297 said; You can take four small squads of five in Venoms, which automatically Deep Strike on the first turn. They can distract and annoy the opponent in the first few turns while your Grotesques and Engines get stuck in, then towards the end of the game, shuffle onto the objectives.
>>
>>43844131
I think Domitus is a marine that has been mentioned in other items for the Ravens too.
>>
>>43844434
Grey knight allies are so expensive, I don't know what to do with them on my IG army. It's like 450 points for some termies and a grandmaster beatstick, 6 models and 8 wounds.
>>
>>43842743
Garg creatures in general should be given the shaft.

It is utter nonsense to make them basically immune to the kinds of things (poison, snipers, hellfire rounds) that basically exist for the purpose of killing big things.
>>
>>43844434
>I run IG
>I need more Shooting
>What about Grey Knights.

I assume that was a Typo and you meant that you lack Melee. If you lack Melee, then Grey Knights are pretty fucking awesome. If you are playing IG and lack shooting, then you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>43844555
this anon knows what he is talking about.
get your shit together GW!
>>
>>43844555
>Garg creatures in general should be given the shaft
Yeah, damn those pesky Tyranid Lords of Wars!
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 640x640
>>43844060
>As much as I loathe AoS, it's a pretty neat system

Stop.
>>
>>43844555
MCs > Vehicles
GCs < Super-heavy Vehicles
>>
Does anyone think GW will combine the two ad mech codices into one with more models and eventually just call it "Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus"? I really think it's kind of dumb they split the forces in the first place.

Also does anyone have the picture of the chaos renegade mourning over a burnt corpse with some chaos space marine comforting him?
>>
>>43844607
Well, its about as balanced as 40k is these days
>>
So, here's an 1850 point list, with one concern: Do I put Grav or Las/Missile on the centurions? Everything else is already glued together, but I keep waffling back and forth on them.

+ 1850/1850 Celestial Lions (Imperial Fists) Gladius Strike Force +

Commander: Captain Darnath Lysander (230)
Heavy: 3 Centurions w/ ????? (240)
Fast: 3 Land Speeders w/ multi-meltas (165)
Tactical: 5 Tactical Marines w/ TL Laserback (145)
Tactical: 10 Tactical Marines w/ plasmagun, combi-plasmagun, and Rhino (200)
Tactical: 10 Tactical Marines w/ meltagun, combi-meltagun, and Drop Pod (195)
Veterans: 5 Assault Terminators w/ Thunderhammer and Storm Shield (225)
>>
So I'm writing a list for Militia in 30k but battlescribe is telling me I can only put 25% of my points towards a lord of war, and therefore I cannot take a baneblade. Is this correct?
>>
>>43844700
>Does anyone think GW will combine the two ad mech codices into one with more models and eventually just call it "Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus"?
Nope. There's no money to be gained by it, only lost
>>
>>43844607
>neat system
>stahp

they were talking about the keyword system, not about point(s)less base-don't-count sigmarite bullshit

and the keyword system is indeed a good idea - would put an end to arguments like last (I think?) thread about chapter tactics and IronHand vehicles and such
>>
>>43844700
>Does anyone think GW will combine the two ad mech codices into one with more models and eventually just call it "Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus"? I really think it's kind of dumb they split the forces in the first place.
I think they were trying an awful lot of things then, but I also think it'd be troublesome for them to combine it now, since Canticles and Doctorinas are such different and necessary things.
>>
>>43844709
That just isn't true and you know it
AoS is balanced by the players rather than the GW rules team and is therefore far more balanced than 40k ever will be
>>
File: 14460995969150.jpg (37 KB, 590x576) Image search: [Google]
14460995969150.jpg
37 KB, 590x576
>>43844731
>>
>>43844569
Whoops
I forgot to list what army I'm using at all.

I've been running dark angels for awhile and I can't deal with mobs or lots of vehicles so I figured better shooting and tough guys would help.
>>
>>43844723
>>43844728
Ah, well that's unfortunate. I guess it's not horrible with allies and such. They just don't feel complete even when combined they don't seem to have as large of a range of models as I'd like but with a little more I feel it could be a whole codex.
>>
>>43843952
You can run command squads with iron hands very well, but your army has to beneift from doing so. Make sure to destroy stuff that will ignore their FNP and let them mop up, I do it all the time, 3 command squads. Lots of points but it works, Helps if they are on bikes.

>>43844712
I would suggest keeping the plasma and melta tacticals to a 5 main squad and switching them to drop pod
Then take another pod with some other unit, and put locator beacons on two of the pods that arrive turn 1.
That way your terminators can arrive and hopefully not scatter
You actually lack horde killing power, so take heavy bolter and hurricane bolters on the centurions. Hell give them a drop pod if you can to fill the 3rd pod.

Add a little extra anti-tank shooting or maybe just a little plasma somehow when you upgrade to 2k points. Otherwise looks fine.

>>43844723
They will clearly combine the two old codexes into a third with more units to get even more money out of you. There's the one mechanicum part that doesn't have a book yet.

>>43844787
IG can handle mobs with lasguns. The same platoon can handle vehicles by having krak grenades and melta bombs. Ally a single lord commisar, take a priest, take a platoon command, take 5 infantry squads, give them krak, 5 melta bombs, power weapons on the sarges if you have the points. Should run around 500 points and will obliterate stuff for you.
>>
Well I finally found where I am supposed to stay in Curaçao. If anybody by chance is around Carol Estate I wouldn't mind for some booze and a 500 point match with my somewhat complete Crimson Fists.

>>43844712
Grav cannon + Devastator Centurion's where it's at. Use Terminators if you wanna be fluffy or look cool Honour Guard are a better assault investment overall.
>>
>>43844849
I am not enthused by the number of models to paint but It was gonna happen someday.
>>
>>43844957
>Use Terminators if you wanna be fluffy or look cool Honour Guard are a better assault investment overall.
The Celestial Lions are really sort of light on veterans they could call Honor Guard right now, fluffwise. Terminators, they just need to pillage/borrow a set of Terminator Armour and hope. Plus, I don't know where to get good Honor Guard models that aren't the eagle-faces, and I wanted some sort of full Gladius
>>
>>43844801
> they don't seem to have as large of a range of models as I'd like

It's a completely new army. They have as many units as Tau did when they were first added to the game. It might seem like less since a lot of them come from combo-kits, but for an army that didn't exist prior to their Codexes they don't have a bad selection at all.
>>
>>43844731
Yea..you are right
>>
>>43844962
The mental image of some fucking Anon muttering under his breath as he paints rows of IG models and grumbling about how he seen this coming is the funniest thing to me for some reason.
>>
>>43845002
Speaking of IG, I seriously hope they are gonna have better fomations in new codex than they have in that campaign book
>>
>>43845041
It's honestly sort of sad watching the local IG player losing his shit over finally having Formations, while looking at them from a Necron player's perspective and realizing just how bad those Formations are.

A++ fluff-to-rules writing on the 3-superheavies formation, though. I LOVE the 'everything is difficult' bubble.
>>
>>43841133
Put combi meltas on all of 'em and run them all with power axes.

That way they're as cheap as possible and you can still use them in competitive games. (Since "competitive" chaos terminators are squads of 3 suicidal multi-melta drop-n-pop)
>>
>>43842803
Find a way for a sorceror with a balestar and put him in a sqaud of conversion beamer rapiers in the army. Static yes, but with some lucky rolling you can get st 10 ap 1 ignore cover pie plates.
>>
>>43845083
It´s that they unnecessarily big and you end up with too many useless company command squads,while you usually only need one.

The only fun thing I can think of doing is putting an ordnance officer in each of them
>>
>>43842320
Tau: units get a cover save against Marker lights
You can just use 2 Markerlights to remove cover entirely, each markerlight can lessen a cover save by 1 point
Riptides lose FNP
>>
>>43845041
>>43845083
So what's bad about the formations they get?
>>
>>43843000
I still don't understand the change to the new format, they have added nothing to the epub version other than shit conversion. Luckily bran knows someone who can concert it to PDF, although I have no idea how they do it.
>>
>>43845083
On that note, OH NO, /tg/! The AdMech are teaming up with the Necrons to try to create Pariahs! You've sent a force of IG to try to crush this heresy - do you think it would be a fair fight, 1850 points of Guard vs. the following?

+ Necrons CAD: 1420/1850 +
Overlord: 160
- Phase Shifter
- Nightmare Shroud
- Warscythe

8 Lychguard: 240
- Sword and Shield

Triarch Stalker: 125
- Heat Ray

8 Immortals: 136
- Gauss

10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark

10 Warriors: 235
- Ghost Ark

3 Wraiths: 129
- Whip Coils

4 Destroyers: 160

+ Cult Mechanicus Allies: 290 +
Tech-Priest Dominus: 125
- Eradication Ray
- Conversion Field

3 Kataphron Destroyers: 165
- Heavy Grav and Phosphor

+ Assassin +
Culexus Assassin/Pariah: 140
>>
>>43845114
Good lord the blasts
>>
File: 1399084218459.gif (3 MB, 340x384) Image search: [Google]
1399084218459.gif
3 MB, 340x384
>>43845156

They're not auto-win like Necron, Elfdar and Tau formations.

Plus many of them require a lot of models. One of them is like 155 infantry models.
>>
>>43845156
A lot of chaff units, most notably company command squads, when they're already inefficient as fuck. They get better with the formations, but only enough to push them towards the middle of the pack. There's some formations in other armies that have chaff units, but EVERY formation in IG has at least one, possibly two.

Who the fuck wants that many enginseers, anyway?
>>
>>43845182
I imagine the guard dying to half of that.
>>
>>43845206
Parking lots I imagine, does the leman russ formation require the tanks effected by the enginseer to be from that formation?
>>
>>43845206
>Who the fuck wants that many enginseers, anyway?

Any formations that require techpriests let you get by with just one.
>>
>>43845156

They're all just kind of lame.
The only one that might be vaguely useful is the arty one.

All of their formations are reminiscent of the kind of one's we got towards the beginning of 7th, ones that were just filled with suboptimal units with some minor but fluffy buffs that didn't overcome their points value but were still fun.
Also this is on the heels of the Tau "I get to shoot 4 times with each Riptide" Formations so people are a little salty.
>>
>>43845225
Yes
>>
>>43845253
Nuts, maximum of nine tanks does damped my tank erection some, but not terribly.
>>
>>43845156

Also expensive as shit, the only two core choices are composed of 5+ Leman Russes or like 170 Guardsmen. In a normal 1500 pt game you'll be able to field 1 auxiliary choice unless you seriously minmax.
>>
>>43845251
I can understand the salt, maybe the codex will be radically different?
>>
>>43845156
What it all boils down to is them trying to make the IG "Thing" work. Necrons' "Thing" was reanimation, Tau's "Thing" was combined arms, sure. Guard's "Thing" is orders, and so they focused on that. But you have to have a specific unit able to give the orders, right? So, since formations can be taken separately, they had to make sure every formation had some way to give the orders they were changing/buffing. This quickly escalates to you having seven Company Command Squads and only three orders you actually want to give. Guard players are ignoring their thing, focusing on other aspects of the army, and right to do so because the orders just aren't good enough, even with the formations, to carry them.
>>
>>43845156
There are some fun auxillary formations, but the cores are huge so will barely ever use them and they force you to take a lot of useless company commands
>>
>>43845317
>company commands
>bs4 guardsmen
>useless
:^)
>>
>>43845317
Oh god you have to use the core.
I've been using my RWAS wrong for months
>>
>>43845361
So..you tickle a thunderwolf deathstar a little more than usual, but you will still die by turn 3.
>>
>>43845156
Well, everybody gets OP shit. Guard just gets shit
>>
>>43845002
Friend of mine actually does that. It is kind of funny.
>>
>>43845364
I'm not going field the core formations, there's only a few things I think are actually good, and the cores aren't any of them. Houserule that shit
>>
>>43845361
Where do you get bs4 guardsmen?
>>
>>43845447

company command squads

veteran squads
>>
>>43845447

...Company Command Squads are composed of Veterans, who have BS4 (as does the commander.)
>>
>>43845386
Yiff yiffers riding yiffees
>>
>>43845284
>maybe the codex will be radically different?

If the Tau update is anything to go by then no, not really. This is the IG update just like it updated the Tau.

Only Tau/Eldar/Necrons get buffs, everyone else gets shit and monolists.
>>
>>43845083

I don't feel I'm experienced enough gameplay-wise to give a final say on the formations, but that artillery one seemed kind of nice. My big beef with non-Wyvern arty has always been its inaccuracy, so getting re-rolls (via a spotter, no less, which is AWESOME) is almost exactly what I'd want to make me want to run the big guns.
>>
File: 1328587945773.png (362 KB, 963x563) Image search: [Google]
1328587945773.png
362 KB, 963x563
>>43845485
Forgot my pic.
>>43845504
They're still objectively worse than wyverns, who gain no benefit from it.
>>
>>43845399
Guard has great stuff though!
Cheap bs4 squads with 3 plasma guns
Powerful, cheap tanks
Cheap level 2 psykers
ignores cover on everything

I never understood why people called them shit, I mean they're not eldar but they're by no means shit.
>>
>>43845405
Beautiful. Truly beautiful. Does he do it in the basement with a single bare bulb to complete the look?
>>
>>43845537

>Cheap bs4 squads with 3 plasma guns
I'll give you that. Vets and CCS are pretty fantastic and flexible.

>Powerful, cheap tanks
powerful, eh. cheap, nah. Especially Hellhound variants.

>Cheap level 2 psykers
Kinda useful, depends on your opponent.

>ignores cover on everything
lol, on infantry weapons that are largely S3 AP-.
>>
>>43845537
Toughness 3 is a bigger deal than many people give it credit for - Especially when they're swinging s3 ap- back. And who the fuck told you IG tanks were cheap? For the chassis and guns, they're pretty overcosted - not Ork Stompa level, but pretty damn bad.
>>
>>43845691
They used to be cheap, then Eldar wraithknights and Tau riptides came in and blew everyone else.
>>
>>43845648
>lol, on infantry weapons that are largely S3 AP-.
plasma vets? lascannon teams? It's great for anything tough that can jink.
>>
>>43845156
They seem to be Blood Angels and Dark Eldar tier, specifically Blood Angels.

A bunch of weird, wonky formations that cost a stupid amount of points for minor benefit. And are unweildy as hell. And a re filled with suboptimal units.
>>
File: 1432112807576.png (194 KB, 291x545) Image search: [Google]
1432112807576.png
194 KB, 291x545
>>43845535
>>
File: RetardedScience.jpg (57 KB, 883x719) Image search: [Google]
RetardedScience.jpg
57 KB, 883x719
>>43845799
> lascannons
> Stopping anything tough
Like what, stompas? What the hell is your metric that a lascannon can handle it?
>>
>>43845691
>For the chassis and guns, they're pretty overcosted
Really? is 155 points for AV14 and a 3 shot plasma cannon too much? Maybe it's just my opinion but that sounds like a steal to me.
>>
Necrons player here if I'm playing Eldar what should I be more afraid of scat or shuriken fire?
I'm thinking even with the good strength the scatter spam at AP6 can be laughed off by most units with a 4+ FNP, right?
>>
>>43845868
Not an IG player here, but aren't multi shot plasma weapons bad on vehicles?
>>
>>43845849
He said "anything tough that can jink"

Most stuff that can jink folds to repeated applications of lascannons
>>
>>43845868
Yes, it's too much, because you're putting AV on something you want firing its guns - Unless the Guard have a way of ignoring Shaken, Stunned, Weapon Destroyed, and Explodes! I'm unaware of? The day of guntanks is over, friend - the only thing vehicles are good for with as much incidental anti-tank as the game has is transports.
>>
>>43845849
Dark angels jinking everywhere?
Terminators in ruins?
Bike squads?
Big Nurgle daemons, Escapcally jinking nurgle daemon princes?
Dark eldar?
Devastators in ruins?

S9 ap2 is nothing to turn your noise at even if it's not quite your list of ebin tournament approved weapons.
>>
>>43844101
Their special Ork detachment in their current book already gives them that.

I do think you're probably right though - the benefits of the Orkcurion won't cure the inherent problems with the army.
>>
>>43845893
What the hell are you using as a measure that's both "Tough" and jink-capable? The only thing I can think of is Necron Vehicles and Wave Serpents, both of which are known to not give a shit about lascannons.
>>43845874
Scatter fire. The problem isn't making a save. The problem is making fifteen of them. Scatter fire is a lot of shots in very compact units that are mobile enough to hide from you - they may have elf stats, but they can hide from all but like one unit and absorb that one unit.
>>43845929
Dark Angels I'll give you. Bike squads are under the same heading.
Who the fuck is running Terminators without Storm Shields?
Nurgle daemons...You're getting Skyfire how, exactly?
Dark Eldar and Devastators aren't exactly what I'd call "Tough" targets, either. Maybe we're working under different definitions of tough.
>>
>>43845905
Is a 3+ cover save good enough? I mean holy shit av14 with a 3+ cover what more do you want from it?!
>>
>>43845941
>Nurgle daemons...You're getting Skyfire how, exactly?
Vengeance Weapons Battery with quad icarus las
>>
>>43845942
To not melt to the first dedicated anti-tank that looks at it - which ANY AV, in a game with Tau, Eldar, and AdMech, will.
>>43845949
And you can use your Ignores Cover order on this?
>>
>>43841071
So are all those Black Friday deals that are out now... actually saving you any money?

Because I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>43845959
You use it on the unit that operates the gun and it gains it.
>>
>>43846039
Sadly doesn't work with the Vengeance battery, it's locked on automated fire.
>>
>>43846039
Vengeance Batteries can't be controlled-fired, only auto-fired. Are you thinking of the gun mount on an Aegis Line?
>>
>>43846059
Oh, maybe that then.
Anyway, you can also get skyfire on missiles and some objectives give it to you as well.
>>
>>43845809
>tfw your army is a measure of bad
Man, that hit so close to home I had to move house.
>>
>>43846127
Hahaha.

What army do you play man?
>>
>>43845493
>Only Tau/Eldar/Necrons get buffs
Marines and DA got a lot of buffs.
>>
>>43845535
I love this new theme of putting him on furries it's hilarious
>>
>>43846153
Blood Angels.
>>
There any decent 40k Vgames to play that are out?
>>
>>43846236
Why not go... I dunno... Raven Guard or something?

Or even use the Raven Giard formations but use your Blood Angels models.
>>
File: assassindaycare.jpg (201 KB, 1200x766) Image search: [Google]
assassindaycare.jpg
201 KB, 1200x766
>>43846223
"New"? It's been going on since Thunderwolves came out.
>>
>>43846240
Dawn of War, Space Marine, and maybe Fire Warrior.
>>
File: 1301470718949.jpg (80 KB, 777x461) Image search: [Google]
1301470718949.jpg
80 KB, 777x461
>>
File: 1267267286869.jpg (287 KB, 716x406) Image search: [Google]
1267267286869.jpg
287 KB, 716x406
>>43846223
>>
>>43846276
https://youtu.be/SyPggk6x310
>>
File: 1281681436035.jpg (358 KB, 739x1348) Image search: [Google]
1281681436035.jpg
358 KB, 739x1348
>>
>>43846255
I'm a proud Blood Angel damn it! Besides, I refuse to repaint my models, they look perfect like our glorious primarch (RIP).
>>
>>43846295
Any recommendations on what to take in a Kill Team, specifcially one for Heralds of Ruin? We know there's going to be a Dark Angel, an AdMech, and either an Ork or a Space Marine depending on how much he feels like losing.
>>
File: 1392917602419.png (728 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
1392917602419.png
728 KB, 800x593
>>43846293
>>
File: 1242366615164.jpg (638 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1242366615164.jpg
638 KB, 1280x1024
>>
>>43845122
>Tau: units get a cover save against Marker lights
This continues to be the most retarded concept ever thought of by the salty hordes
>>
File: 1220345840515.jpg (199 KB, 900x800) Image search: [Google]
1220345840515.jpg
199 KB, 900x800
>>
>>43846308
Depends on how much you wanna cheese it up. I'm not familiar with Herald's of Ruin but I know a friend of mine asked to borrow my Dante as a warlord. He took it to kill team. He's not allowed back onto kill team.
>>
File: 1375837110236.gif (1 MB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
1375837110236.gif
1 MB, 220x200
>>43846262

>they will never put Fire Warrior on steam
>>
>>43846322

The only other option is to severely nerf the bonuses you get for spending a single markerlight token.

As it is right now, with 2 markerlights you can give your entire army BS5 or ignore cover due to the new decurion.
>>
>>43846344
Sadly, like most named HQs, Dante isn't available in Kill Teams. I don't know how to make the link readable and not trigger the spam filter, but look up Heralds of Ruin and you'll find the rules fairly quickly.
>>
>>43846295
That's why I said to use BA models but use RG rules.
>>
How are Khorne Daemonkin? I'm thinking of converting my Crimson Slaughter to such. Would it be a good idea to switch over, or should I stick to CS? For reference, my primary enemy is an Ultramarine army with three stormtalons and two Predators along with a good balance of dakka and choppa, and my army is primarily choppa
>>
>>43846350
It's not even on GOG, it's bullshit.
>>
>>43844849
Pretty close, 455 points in total.
Since my store might allow FW at some point, can I do something similar with Kriegers?
>>
File: shutupaun'vayou'renotmyrealdad.jpg (172 KB, 895x620) Image search: [Google]
shutupaun'vayou'renotmyrealdad.jpg
172 KB, 895x620
>stormsurge crew shoots the Obsidian knight off the ledge
>get all the Tau bitches
>even shadowsun probably jumps their dicks
>get promoted but there's not really a promotion system based on merit in the fire caste
>oh shit he's back
>>
>>43846373

They're better than CSM. Don't know if they're better than Crimson Slaughter but they probably are.
>>
>>43846364
I agree
>>
>>43846395
I imagine blood tithe points make them better on their own, no access to vehicles outside of rhino chassis I think though.
>>
>>43846364
Yeah, when they're firing at a single enemy unit.

It's not like you can use 2 markerlights to give your entire army BS5 against your opponent's entire army, so don't try to misrepresent the ability.

Having used the Hunter Contingent repeatedly over the last few weeks, I can admit that the bonuses are powerful, but they come at the expense of flexibility and choice. They also cause your shooting to become (at times) extremely inefficient, since you need to declare all the units you want to combine to shoot at the same time.

This leads to instances where you declare that 3 units are all firing, but after resolving the first one or two units' shots, the enemy unit has been destroyed, so the third unit's shots are entirely lost.

Frankly, I'm planning on running the Mont'ka detachment instead, as it doesn't require me to sacrifice flexibility.
>>
>>43846287
keep it up and so will I ',:)
>>
>>43846413

Because Split Fire is hard to get with Tau.
>>
>>43846384
>There's not really a promotion system based on merit in the fire caste

Their promotion system is -entirely based- on merit, even the highest level of commanders started as lowly foot soldiers and worked their way up through the ranks due to their demonstrated ability.
>>
>>43846372
It's mainly all the work redoing the list and learning the new rules. I'm only getting back in properly with 7th and haven't got my own codex nailed down yet. I'll look into it though but not right now.

>>43846366
Aye, I got them up here. Honestly it's the same deal as running BA as an army. Take your DC to wreak shit, Sangy Priest for your "FNP fuck you" or Warden for making DC a troop and slot in troops as you desire. It depends what you're really doing with it but if you want just to smash fuck an enemy team, well equipped jump DC will always be a good choice.
>>
>>43846406

You can ally in CSM or LatD and then attach KDK Heralds and stuff to high volume units to generate lots of blood tithe. Same goes vice versa for ally HQs who can score lots of kills, just attach him to a KDK squad.
>>
Just posting an ork list I'll be using over the weekend. Lotsa bodies and lotsa dakka.

+++ Waaaagh Crushgore (2000pts) +++

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Horde Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [Gift: Da Fixer Upperz, 2x Grot Oiler]
····Mega Armour [Kustom Force Field, Kustom Mega-blasta]

Painboy [Bosspole]

Warboss [Attack Squig, Bosspole, Cybork Body, Gift: Da Lucky Stikk, Warlord]
····'Eavy Armour [Kombi-weapon w/ Skorcha, Power Klaw]

+ Troops +

Boyz ['Eavy Armour for Mob]
····Boss Nob [Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga]
····19x Boy [19x Slugga]

Boyz [2x Boy w/ Big Shoota]
····17x Boy [17x Slugga]

Boyz
····19x Boy [19x Slugga]

Boyz [2x Boy w/ Big Shoota]
····17x Boy [17x Slugga]

Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
····Runtherd [Grabba stik]

+ Fast Attack +

Blitza-Bommer [Fighter Ace, Red Paint Job]

Blitza-Bommer [Fighter Ace, Red Paint Job]

Deffkoptas
····Deffkopta [Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha]

+ Heavy Support +

Big Trakks (FW)
····Big Trakk ['Ard Case, 2x Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram, Supa-kannon]

Lootas [6x Loota]
····Mek [Choppa, Grot Oiler, Kustom Mega-blasta]

Mek Gunz [5x Ammo Runt, 10x Extra Gretchin, 5x Kannon w/ Grots]
>>
>>43846442
I meant based on individual merit which isn't putting it any better. There's no spontaneous promotion.
Their promotion system is based on their Trials By Fire which are taken ever 4 years or something if I'm remembering it correctly.
>>
>>43846295

FT > BA
>>
>>43845535
Literally the best image in the thread
>>
>>43846434
On battlesuits it's available at 5pts/model and takes up a hard point that could be used more usefully on something else. This is especially relevant with Riptides which only have a single support slot open, you're sacrificing taking a velocity tracker or an early warning override to do so, both of which are likely to be more helpful to you.

The same holds true for Broadsides.

That's battlesuits, but the Hunter Cadre forces you to take at least 3 fire warrior squads, and they cannot split fire. Pathfinders can't split fire, drone squadrons can't split fire, units of hammerheads/skyrays can't split fire, etc etc etc
>>
>>43846469
You mean the Imperial Taxi Service?
>>
>>43846457
Yes, but you only gain access to the Trials if you demonstrate the requisite capability.

It might not be spontaneous, but it's a lot more merit-based than most promotion systems.
>>
>>43846350
This movie is really bad
>>
>>43846493

Wow you're really bad at Tau.
>>
Hey /tg/.

I don't know all that much about Tau fluff and all of this complaining about the new Damocles Gulf stuff got me curious.

Could anyone tell me if the Tau have suffered any major crippling loss lorewise?

Imperial fluff, being much older and dense, has a bunch of them (Half of their engagements against Nids, 13th Black Crusade, Armageddon, etc.).
I was wondering if the Tau were as Sue-ish as everyone was making them out to be or if it was just overreactions.
>>
>>43846493

What is Buffmander.

What is THE FUCKING TOPIC WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WHERE SPLIT FIRE WOULD BE SHARED WITH ALL THOSE UNITS ANYWAY DUE TO THEM COUNTING AS ONE UNIT AND WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU EVEN RUNNING PATHFINDERS
>>
>>43846469
Literally who?
>>
>>43846536

Nope. They only ever tie. They've beaten hive fleets with less losses than the Ultramarines and fought an entire imperial force with both infinite guardsmen and multiple marine chapters to a standstill. Shadowsun also fought back Khan and killed the Raven Guard master, both times in melee.
>>
>>43846493

Isn't a Devilfish like 2 units right there?

And if that's too pricey points-wise then a 40 point Piranha is 2 units too.
>>
>>43846555

They lost a system to the 'Crons, and when you're as small as the Tau, that is a pretty big loss.
>>
>>43846536
>Could anyone tell me if the Tau have suffered any major crippling loss lorewise?
To my knowledge they've never had a situation comparable to the Horus Heresy, no Black Crusade has ever been directed at them, and their AI hasn't rebelled yet. So no. The Tau haven't been crippled on the galatic scale before. It's probably annoying in the eyes of the Imperium too. But their AI will rebel one day. I can feel it coming.
>>
>>43846609
Was the system highly important?
>>
>>43846536
I think there was a story in the 5ed Dark Eldar codex about the Tau getting BTFO. It involved taking some Tau to Commoragh on a "cultural exchange", but were actually just experimented on by the Haemonculi and then turned loose on some Tau world to wreak havoc. This was pretty small scale though.
>>
>>43846671
Obviously not if it happened before the "recent" events.
>>
>>43846536
They were thrown back from the Damolces Gulf in their first major war with the Imperium.
On Arthas Moloch Farsight lost (since his ethereals died) but that's a technicality I guess.
In Farsight Enclaves Farsight's first major engagement against the Orks on a desert planet was a loss.

Tau losses come from military assets expended against assets gained not so much ground gained/lost. The Tau don't accept pyrrhic victories as victories, although they wouldn't say this in their propaganda.
>>
Ugh they added WAY more liquor than coffee in my coffee liquor. As a result, daily "where the fuck is the SoB support" bitching post. I swear the day they release new SoB stuff, Imma throwdown hard and everyone here and everywhere else is gonna be invited to the party. Still wondering if I quit smoking for a year if I can use the additional $1600 made as a result to finally make an SoB splurge (or Death Korps splurge.)

>>43844975
I feel ya. Not like I don't use Assault Termies myself. 30k Imperial Fists army's got a full squad cuz Imperial Fists TH/SS Assault Termies are imo some of the coolest looking units. Good looks on running an IF successor Chapter btw. I do IF in 30k and part of my Rogue Trader narrative army is Crimson Fists.

>>43845535
>>43846293
Chaos wishes on an everyday basis they could be 1/10th as heretical as you guys.
>>
>>43844311
Oooh that;s a good use for my extra raider bits.
>>
I just realised that I can take inquisition acolytes with bolt guns CCW and las-pistols for 5 points meaning for the same price as guardsmen they are pretty much superior to guardsmen in every way. I am also putting a 10 point divination psyker for rerolls/rending.

But where can I get 10 bolters to put on the models?
>>
>>43846779
I think the problem is that the entire sisters range needs redone, and that's a big commitment for an army that has been throughout the years (even upon release) not all too popular, especially when you can hammer out some new big model every now and then and always make a good return. That's why sisters are in purgatory.

>>43846868
Bits sites should have bolters of all kinds for ten a penny.
>>
>>43846709
Would making the Tau play Hunt the Last Webway Gate on a galatic scale would cripple them?
>>
>>43846929
yes?
>>
>>43846287
Space Wolves new battle hymn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc
>>
>>43846899
They made that commitment for fantasy despite it's failings.
>you now realise AoS succeeding is the sisters last hope and 40k's worst nightmare.
>>
>>43847025
That is the most grimdark 40k thing I've ever read.
>>
>>43847025
enough with the fucking sob story
>>
>>43847025
They did what I said they do, released big models and made a safe return on them.
>>
>>43846899
Sisters are so much cooler in concept than almost everything else in 40k. They are certainly better and more original than the other holy knight shit, too (Black Templar/Grey Knights.) Nuns with guns is a somewhat uncommon yet cool trope and Sisters are among the best in fiction to pull it off. Why can't people get behind them? They are so much more than the popularly conceived "oh these are just female Space Marines."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.