[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: gen.jpg (726 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
gen.jpg
726 KB, 1024x768
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ’s and Errata (outdated but official)
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s).
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

> The Black Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

Previous Thread
>>48320507

Dreadful naughts edition
>>
hey, how does my list look? For a 1850 nova.

+ Command +

"Council of Waaagh!" [Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss]
Big Mek (WG) ['Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, Slugga]
Ghazghkull Thraka [Warlord]
Nobz ['Eavy Armour for Mob, Waaagh! Banner]
Boss Nob [Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Warboss ['Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga]
Warboss ['Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Slugga]

+ Core +

"Waaagh!-band"
Boyz [Boy w/ Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota, Red Paint Job]
Boyz [Boy w/ Big Shoota]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Boyz ['Eavy Armour for Mob, Boy w/ Big Shoota]
9x Boy [9x Slugga]
Boyz ['Eavy Armour for Mob, Boy w/ Rokkit Launcha]
9x Boy [9x Slugga]
Boyz ['Eavy Armour for Mob]
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grabba stik]
Mek [Choppa, Kustom Mega-blasta]
Nobz
Boss Nob [Big Choppa, Shoota]
Nob [Big Choppa, Shoota]
Nob [Big Choppa, Shoota]
Warboss (WG) ['Eavy Armour, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota]

+ Auxiliary +

Deffkoptas
Deffkopta [Twin-linked Rokkit Launcha]

Deffkoptas
>>
What's everyone's opinion of the physic phase? Does it need redesigning and if so how?
>>
>>48328942
>Physic Phase
Gravity overpowered.
>>
>>48328942
It's fine as is.
>>
File: dragon.jpg (90 KB, 575x383) Image search: [Google]
dragon.jpg
90 KB, 575x383
So I had an idea for an Imperial planet's local Arbites and regiment.
>Arbites get Komodo Dragons to aid them in crushing criminal scum
>veteran law abiding Komodos get their own Dredd helmets
>the local regiment gets Megalanias in space as mounts while the Arbites can only bring them out in case of a riot
How do I make this cooler?
>>
Looking in all these codexes, it's strange that melee armies don't get assault transports and fragile shooting armies do.
Is there a melee army that has easy access to them?
>>
>>48328532
I see a lot of upgrades on trukks like red paint job that I wouldn't take. Reinforced ram is probably more useful. Also it looks like you've got some 9 man boys squads without nobs, it's hard to tell with the formatting.

I doubt it will be super competitive, but it might be fun having every turn fearless Waaagh! Having said that, I'd trim all the boss poles from the list. And wait wait wait are Ghazghkull and friends footslogging? That's gonna suck. Also ghazzy's Waaagh! lets meganobz run, so unless you already have the nobz and don't have any MANz you should for sure take MANz instead.

It's too bad that wazbom blastajet isn't listed as an option in that formation. The Tellyport Mega-Blasta is Assault 1 so it would be able to shoot twice every turn with Waaagh Plane!

Let us know how it goes I guess.
>>
>>48329066
Orks. Everything is open topped so it's assault. It doesn't help all that much, but imagine how screwed the boys would be if trukks weren't even Assault Vehicles.
>>
>>48328942
As a Tau player, I'm defenseless to everything in it, so I don't like it in a sense that it's a weakness I have to work to play around. I'm decent enough to respect that I'm supposedly overpowered as is and I believe the psychic phase is done well enough for the game as a whole rather than overpowering the Tau players everyone seems to hate here. I wish Farsight's talisman relic was a tad more useful against it though.
>>
>>48329100
I was planning on having war bosses take over for the nobz. Should I give ghazzy and co a mekboy junka, or a trukk? Or a battle wagon with a supa kannon?
>>
>>48328942

Trash. Absolute trash. 90% utterly useless, 10% horribly overpowered with certain builds, almost no middle ground.

Clunky and awkward too. Overcomplex. Unintuitive. Bad.
>>
>>48329140
>Orks
>Melee race
>I2
>S3
HA, good one!
>>
>>48329200
Boys mobs of less than 10 aren't legal. Unless it's some Nova thing that I don't know about.

Also I'd go with a Battle Wagon for sure. Ghazghkull will have a big target on his head.
>>
>>48329238
I guess I walked into that one. But they sure as hell aren't a shooty army.
>>
>>48329199

As a non-Tau player I wish Tau players would stop posting in these generals.
>>
>>48329199
>As a Tau player, I'm defenseless to everything in it, so I don't like it in a sense that it's a weakness I have to work to play around.

Kind of like markerlights against every army, stormsurges and riptides against non-D/grav armies, and jetpack movement, plasma, and missile spam against weak armies?
>>
>>48329387
Chaos here reminding space marine players that they're all a bunch of little bitches. Complain more faggot tau are fine.
>>
>>48329349
>cheap as fuck, assault 1 missle launchers that you can spam
>mek gunz
>dakka bikers
>dakka jet
I dunno anon, they actually do much better shooting.
>>
>>48329463
>randomly assumes someone is a space marine player while playing space marines himself
>claims tau are fine

Guess that means CSM are fine too. Chaos players claiming others are little whiny bunches is hilarious. Don't you have legion rules and 3.5 to cry about? Or how CSM is the worst book ever?

If you play Daemons that's even more hilarious.
>>
File: buisness caste.jpg (27 KB, 336x400) Image search: [Google]
buisness caste.jpg
27 KB, 336x400
>>48329414
Whine more
>>
>>48329463
These generals could do without Chaosfags, Orks, and Tyranids too. It used to be just IG faglords complaining about regiment diversity and BT faggots crying about their codex, but I guess there's always going to be some kind of faggot shitting up these shithole generals.
>>
>>48329463
Chaos marines are competing with Orks for worst codex in the game, what gives you the right to judge a good codex when you've never seen one?
>>
>>48329510
>he said, after whining about the psychic phase

Thanks for proof number #2462575 of Tau players all being worthless, cancerous faggots who make the entire hobby worse for their existence. There's a reason people other than your close friends refuse to associate with you IRL in the store.
>>
>>48329498
What's wrong with daemons.
>>
Guess I better play Eldar
>>
File: wensleydale.gif (427 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
wensleydale.gif
427 KB, 320x240
>>48329537
Keep it up you deluded fag.
I'm not the same anon as before if you believe me, I'm just somebody else.
>>
Besides WAACfags who can't run WarConvo anymore I guess AdMechfags don't whine?
>>
File: Shitposting Time.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting Time.gif
2 MB, 300x169
is it that time of day(?) already
>>
>>48329510
If you say so

There was this one game where this guy sent an empty Land Raider at my Pathfinders in ruins, and I was forced to go to ground to have them survive. I lost TWO guys, the nerve of this guy! I had to spend like 2-3 markerlights to make their snap-shooting even useful!

Really though, I'm on the lower end of my casual-friendly meta even with a Riptide, and I'm sorta sad about how much hate my faction gets. To spark some hopefully informative discussion, how should Tau with their current rules and models be played/added in lists to keep things fun and balanced in games below the WAAC level?
>>
>>48329316
Oh, my bad. Supa kannon battle wagon it is.Should I take a deff roller, more dakka, or a reinforced ram?

"Council of Waaagh!" [Mad Dok Grotsnik, Da Painboss]
Big Mek (WG) ['Eavy Armour, Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, Slugga]
Ghazghkull Thraka [Warlord]
Nobz [Waaagh! Banner]
Battlewagon ['Ard Case, 2x Big Shoota, Reinforced Ram, Supa-kannon (FW)]
Boss Nob [Power Klaw, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Warboss [Power Klaw, Slugga]
Warboss [Power Klaw, Slugga]

+ Core +

"Waaagh!-band"
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Trukk [Big Shoota]
Boyz
10x Boy [10x Slugga]
Gretchin [10x Gretchin]
Runtherd [Grabba stik]
Mek [Choppa, Slugga]
Nobz
Boss Nob [Big Choppa, Slugga]
Nob [Choppa, Slugga]
Nob [Choppa, Slugga]
Warboss w/ Mega Armour (WG) [Mega Armour, Power Klaw, Twin-linked Shoota]

+ Auxiliary +

Deffkoptas

Deffkoptas

Going to footslog the one group of boyz without a vehicle, use them as objective bitches like the grots.
>>
>>48329658
>Tau with their current rules and models be played/added in lists to keep things fun and balanced in games below the WAAC level?
Don't play pissy cunts who can't stand losing to someone they don't like because they play an army they don't like.
>>
>>48329925
Piss off
>>
>>48329977
Done.
>>
Havent kept up with 40k in a while, did orks/chaos ever get some love?
>>
File: image.gif (975 KB, 205x179) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
975 KB, 205x179
>>48329199
>supposedly overpowered

Hey asshole, how about this: You play an army that actually has to make sacrifices and decisions during the game.

Then you tell me how you feel about myopic, self-absorbed faggots who can't admit that they're playing the game on 'beginner'.

Until then go fuck yourself.
>>
>>48330039
Nope.
>>
>>48330039
Nope. People only play Marines now, except a few faggots who play Eldar because they want to win and get beaten up. Forge World even invented a new version of the game where you can only play as marines.
>>
>>48329510
>get spotlighted for being a retarded faggot with a retarded complaint
>go full retard even harder

Taufag behavior.
>>
>>48329516
The faggot complaining about other people complaining is the biggest complaining faggot of all. Keep that in mind anon.
>>
File: 1457005925770.jpg (35 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457005925770.jpg
35 KB, 500x281
>>48330094
>>48330102
>>
>>48329797
Or, you know ..just tone down the list you're using? your stupidly powerful codex is full of gifts designed to nudge waac retards into buying a Tau army. That doesnt mean you have to see how badly you can beat lesser opponents in every game you play. It's no wonder everyone hates Tau players. The vast majority of them have zero social awareness/skills.
>>
>>48330212
You still have raw converting potential, anon.
But that's not much, is it?
>>
stupid question but are tau and eldar the only ones who can consistently field D weapons in moderate point games, putting asside markerlight and general eldar having pyschic rerolls, fleet, auto dodge, and whatevre else
>>
How do eldar corsairs compare to the following armies
Tau
Deldar
Skitmech
Space Marines
Orks
Tyranids
>>
>>48330298
Eldar outshadow everyone else by a lot, the Tau can only field D out of the stormsurge, Eldar have multiple, commonplace units with S:D weapons
Everyone can field S:D in moderate point games because of Lords of War though, so your question should be re-worded as consistently field D weapons with just their codex.
>>
>>48330371
Better than all of them.
>>
Fuck xenos. Thank you and good night.
>>
File: Mmmmmmmacha.jpg (104 KB, 809x629) Image search: [Google]
Mmmmmmmacha.jpg
104 KB, 809x629
>>48330588
>Fuck xenos
Heresy
>>
>>48330298
Tau and Eldar are the only codexes with Str D available to non-LoW. The psychic Vortex ability notwithstanding.
>>
>>48330371
Corsairs are about equal to Eldar in strength. I cant recall off the top of my head, but they have a trick or two that are absurd. In addition to having Eldar units.
>>
File: numale tumblrina.jpg (567 KB, 1140x783) Image search: [Google]
numale tumblrina.jpg
567 KB, 1140x783
I hope the people in your store don't act like this.
>>
>>48330588
>>I'm such an autistic faggot that I live inside my own toy soldiers' universe and I can't stand seeing non-humans on the tabletop even though they're only there so I can kill them for fun
>>
>>48330371
>moving everytime they shoot
they are very very good
>>
Everyone at my lgs vapes :(
>>
>>48330884
>>48330670
>>48330461
>good
>don't access to wraith knights
>only good thing they get is move d6 inches when shooting and their own gay second movement phase like tau
They're shit
>>
File: 1466378295188.gif (18 KB, 181x124) Image search: [Google]
1466378295188.gif
18 KB, 181x124
>>48330997
I'm sorry to hear that
>tfw the only stoner at flgs
>>
>>48331034
and overwatch
>>
File: 1461687473679.jpg (99 KB, 850x878) Image search: [Google]
1461687473679.jpg
99 KB, 850x878
>>48329238
>Implying boys are what gets it done, or that what gets it done cares about I.
Yer a grot
>>
File: BoldMove.png (120 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
BoldMove.png
120 KB, 500x280
>>48331039
>tfw you set up for a game and ask your opponent if you could step out for a smoke before the game.
>In your pocket are a joint and a cigarette and you've been gauging your opponent.
>He follows you outside to talk about the hobby and you ask if he smokes
>"Smoke what"
>Got 'em

We have our flgs in a good neighborhood near a Community College. I would never ask one of the vets or familymen if they would want to but if they are like me in my mid 20s, no kid and a blue collar job I have had 80% accuracy with judging if my opponent smokes.
>>
>>48329059
Anyone?
>>
>>48330102

I am interested in playing 40k again, but I want to play 30k.

Is 30k actually a thing or am I better off just spamming space marines or csm with the current rules for 40k?
>>
>>48331409
get a 30k legion you can play in 40k
>>
File: osho.jpg (67 KB, 918x622) Image search: [Google]
osho.jpg
67 KB, 918x622
>>48331231
nice nice
I mean I wear a bone thugs hat and always come in high as shit
Its one of the few times I can have fun and shit
Plus it keeps the games more relaxed

>Dude starts comin back to the club
>do basically your move with the joint
>burn one in my car and smoke a cig
>go back in, start drinking scotch and infiltrating my GSC
>dude's opponent comes in to see if I am functioning correctly, obviously I am
>go to dude's table
>dude's trying to keep it together
>looks at me and says "das bretty guud weede mang"
>tfw crossfaded as fuck every league game
>tfw play nids and I re-roll failed to hits with my devourers
>>
>>48331463
I can only really smoke on my days off because I work a lot and it makes me groggy the morning after.
My most usual adversary has a similar situation with his work and the first time we smoked before playing he admitted he was a lightweight.
We walked around the block and smoked my a small joint and when we get back to playing he was all red eyed and almost hysterical. We had a good time and I am glad not too many people were in the shop but I creamed him and he made the game take way longer than need be.
Now he may just take a hit or two and be relaxed and want to sit instead of stand the whole game.
>>
>>48331572
I usually get into trouble when I drink beer
Ive dropped my models n shiit, not even real drunk
So I usually drink scotch and it kinda bears it down

I'm always playing against super sober, although very nice and fair, guys and it just sobers me up some too

>also sober opponents remember the rules
>>
>>48331653
Not a big drinker myself though with the Bar right next door we would go for rounds after a campaign night.
I wouldnt get super ripped and try to play but just a small joint to stand around and tolerate the time the games can take as it isn't uncommon to play 3000/4000 point games every few months.
Luckily my army is pretty fast and the action goes fairly quick. I hate playing my Necrons because they are so dumb and slow.
>>
File: Techpriest.png (558 KB, 900x850) Image search: [Google]
Techpriest.png
558 KB, 900x850
>Went to the Open Day
>Spoke with some of the FW designers

There was SO much subtle butthurt out of them regarding Fires of Cyraxus.

>They didn't want to transfer the 30k stuff over, to show the decay of technology. GW forced them after there was complaints from Admech players. "We were given a directive from on high to merge the two."
>They are replacing any volkite gear on HH stuff with Arc Rifles. They don't agree with GW's statement that volkite survived (after I pointed out standard gun for magos in cult mech), and intend to undermine it where they can.
>They didn't want to port over the robots. Now they're doing it as relics, but they promised the insane rules (not as in OP, but as in the robots lost their minds) means they're a double edged sword.
>They didn't want to port over Skitarii. They wanted to do feral warriors like in Titanicus. GW made them synch up to the new release. that's why we're getting peltasts and hoplites. They were forbidden from using the words hyspasists and praetorians.

I almost feel bad for them.
>>
I know you two mates are having a conversation but if I could get a bit of help that'd be neat.

Recently bought B@C to start my first army and I am realizing that it needs a ton of transports and I do not find rhino/razorbacks that interesting at all.

I have done a bit of research and Grey Knights and Deathwing both seem like more of the Space Marines I was interested in.
Looking for more of an Elite force that kicks ass with good fluff to support them.
>>
Wanting to get some heavy weapons teams for my astra militarum, what are better in general - autocannons or missile launchers?
>>
>>48331947
I should add that I'm not overly concerned about being supercompetitive, and I do love the look of missile launchers
>>
>>48331962
Missile Launchers it is then mate.
>>
>>48331034
I thought Corsairs had a Wraithknight variant called Scathatch or something like that.
>>
>>48331435

Cool

I'm hoping 30k armies aren't ridiculously OP, what is the likely hood of other players agreeing to games?
>>
>>48332111

30k armies are low power compared to 40k because they don't get the free unit formations, insane LoWs, or superfriends bullshit.
>>
>>48331934
B@C isnt good for GK or Deathwing.
>>
>>48330637
Daemons and KDK can bring/summon a bloodthirster with a D weapon and the new Tzeentch spells has a strength D spell. (although it is one of the worse spells on the list imo)
>>
>>48332111
HH is mostly vehicles and meq. Their are Legion RoW, but they arent as gamechanging as the better formations in 40k.
You can do it, but you'll get worked by competitive lists.
>>
>>48331784
Yeah moving flyrants around is pretty easy

but playing a warconvocation when drunk, thats a bitch
so many buffs to keep track of
>>
>>48331934
Going dark angels means your tac marines can still be useable, you can't really go mono deathwing anymore anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 1600x900
I run only suits, drones, and PF.
I have all suits magnetized, so while my opponent and I unpack our armies, I stick the optimal loadouts on everything. Haters feel free to kiss my ass.
>>
What army offers the most versatility AFTER you've chosen your list and placed your initial forces?

Or, to put another way, what army plays the least one dimensionally?
>>
>>48332292
I don't know how you can manage it drunk, that shit's obnoxious to follow sober. Add in a Librarian for 2x the fun!
>>
File: CObSTFZWIAATQbu.jpg (62 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
CObSTFZWIAATQbu.jpg
62 KB, 600x418
>tfw someone steals an idea before you do
>>
>>48332326
Your Stormsurges are useless now, faggot.
>>
>>48332350
That looks fucking abominable even without the cringeworthy paintjob
>>
>>48332330
Marines. Eldar is only specialists, Tau only shoot, 'Nids Zerg rush, Orks and CSM die, daemons and GK Psych you out, Necrons don't fucking die, and Admech holds its 10k pose. Marines have the most options (shocker, the most popular and focused on army has more dimension) for gear, tactics, etc., and base can do everything pretty well.
>>
>>48332356
I truly do not understand this mindset, it just means you can't put the anchors down without fear anymore if the opponent has tanks or vehicles that can tank shock
>>
>>48332330
Marines.
>>
>>48332326
>haters kiss my ass
spotted the guy who still listens to rap at 35+
>>
>>48332378
>>48332390
Is there another army that offers a similar level of versatility?
>>
>>48332330
Daemons you can literally summon a completely different army comp after the game begins.
>>
>>48332189
>>48332132

Well atleast people won't be able to deny me bevause of how OP forge world is.

I am very interested in playing the Death Guard. I really like the idea of spamming foot slogging infantry backed by some heavy weapons.

I'm going to be mixing the FW nurgle marine kits with calth tactical marines for that fall to chaos look. I want them to look like they just fell to chaos thanks to typhus being a dick hole.
>>
>>48332350

Fucking disgusting, ruining a knight with memes
>>
File: purgethatshit.png (230 KB, 398x261) Image search: [Google]
purgethatshit.png
230 KB, 398x261
>>48332331
I ran it with a White Scars Librius conclave
But I'm trying to build an Iron Hands Fist of Medusa Force to go with the war convo and switch the white scars to IH obviously

I'm pretty excited about 4000 pt games of IH/Warconvo
>so much OP flavour
>>
>>48332326
you really like winning huh
>>
>>48332436
On demand, or through randomness?

Either way, neato. I'll look into the codex.
>>
>>48332444
>atleast people won't be able to deny me bevause of how OP forge world is.

They will, because FW FEELS overpowered. Logic ends where a gamer's feelings begin, so be prepared for a lot of denied games.
>>
>>48332449
Knights are already a meme.
>>
>>48332428
Other marines. Besides the chaos kind. Or the wolfy kind. Or the vampire kind.
Sometimes the closest heretic kind.
But no, only the vanilla kind really. But, given all the different chapters that exist, I'm sure you can find one you like.

Do you have a problem with mrines or something?
>>
>>48332461
Look at malefic psychic powers.
>>
File: 1466285284739.jpg (404 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1466285284739.jpg
404 KB, 1024x1024
>>48332377
>>48332449
Could it be done subtley?
>>
>>48332486
I don't have a problem with them, I just don't have much interest in their fluff.
>>
>>48332504
That actually looks good, and you could also do the sun design around the shield-bit of the battlecannon. But the thick paint, awful conversion and bland details of the other one was mediocre at best.
>>
>>48332428
Yes and no; most every other army does something better than Marines, whether it's shooting, Psykers, Assault, or map control, but the Marines special thing is that they're solid in all of them, the sort of Jack of all trades master of none type deal (theoretically). In reality, marines are always the best choice because they can take fantastic gear and formations as well as really good base stats for some unholy cheese. The closest you could get is the various forms of Eldar, but the issue with them is each unit does one thing fantastically but dies instantly outside of it. Other than that, Daemons have a lot of selections but have the same problem as Eldar in that outside of their job they will die.

tl;dr no
>>
>>48332504

No. You're shoehorning Dark Souls into 40k regardless of how you do it. It's jarring, and basically breaks immersion, because here I am setting up for 40k and you're spouting PRAISE LE SUN XDDDDD like a braindead redditor.
>>
>>48332513
Fair enough.

Though, with a thousand options to choose from, you're almost guaranteed to find a chapter whose fluff you do like. And if you don't, ypu can always make your own.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (157 KB, 471x1284) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
157 KB, 471x1284
>>48332498
>>48332461
Technically anyone can use these powers but non-daemons peril on any doubles instead of just double 6's.
>>
>>48332452
I look forward to seeing your opponent spamming "Cataphractii IH with Sanctuary and Gorgon a Chain too OP, plz nerf". Whatever it takes, play against Riptide Spam Tau, and show the fucker how real cheese is made.
>>
>>48332594
Not to mention that, funnily enough, the ar,y that is most likely to succeed with these powers (besides daemons), is marines.

Even fucking CSM aren't as good as a libby conclave with tiggy when using malefic
>>
>>48332577
I have always had a soft spot for the blood ravens thieving ways. Probably more because of a fondness for the dawn of war series than anything. Did they ever get an official codex?

>>48332594
Cool stuff. What is this captured from? I just skimmed the chaos demons codex, but couldn't find it.
>>
File: 1466530692006.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1466530692006.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>48332563
I hate when memes are forced into my grimdark 40k, too.
>>
File: image.png (529 KB, 788x466) Image search: [Google]
image.png
529 KB, 788x466
>>48332647
No, they don't have their own Codex, which means they can do any Tactics, which is nice- not a lot of notable chapters with unknown foundings. Plus they've got a rocking color scheme, that's always a plus.
>>
>>48332647
>What is this captured from?
7th ed rule book.
>>
>>48332647
>I have always had a soft spot for the blood ravens thieving ways. Probably more because of a fondness for the dawn of war series than anything. Did they ever get an official codex?
Nope. But, I'm actually a blood ravens player myself. They actually have very little support (though with DoW3 and rountree, that may change), and don't have their own chapter tactics even, but they are the chapter explicitly named in regards to unknown foundings, which means they can take any chapter tactics.
Which in turn means they can take and special characters or relic, which is basically what you would expect from a blood Ravens chapter tactics anyways: using other peoples stuff. And psykers. Lots and lots of psykers.
>>
File: 1462136450421.jpg (448 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462136450421.jpg
448 KB, 1920x1080
Talk mechanicus to be baby. Tell me what kind of good shit they got coming
>>
>>48332326
You do not have enough drones
>>
>>48332707

Stolen shit.

Have fun with no vulkite.
>>
>>48332690
>>48332703
That does seem incredibly appropriate. If I do space marines, I'll build up a blood raven's army.

But, looking at these chaos demon rules, this army here, and this army seems incredibly fun. I may finally have a 40k army to invest in.
>>
File: RniC05Y.png (331 KB, 594x548) Image search: [Google]
RniC05Y.png
331 KB, 594x548
GW has released two Blood Ravens minis now. The Deathwatch librarian (named Vidya) and an exclusive captain that had a thunderhammer.
>>
>>48332688
Every general with a "general image" is shit tier anyway.
>>
Can an independent character that's cavalry (chaos sorcerer on steed) join a squad of bikers?
>>
>>48332835
His name isn't Vidya, Vidya is one of their most respected chapter masters.
>>
>>48332872
The entire point of the whole general image is that it makes it easier for people to find the general in the catalog. It's necessary for a good general.
>>
>>48332900
Vidya Gaem
>>
>>48332746
It can be pretty great with summoning/sacrifice, but the biggest warning I can give you is that they are INCREDIBLY up to chance- one bad Warp Storm can fuck your entire strategy, or a missed psychic power will lose you a depressing amount of abilities. But they are a great army, they do the Psychic phase better than anyone, Tzeentch is the best, and watch out for Grey Knights. Have fun with the D-thirster!
>>
>>48332835
That captain wasn't blood ravens specific. There's no chapter heraldry on the mini. I've got one.
>>
>>48332732
I don't care about that, I need to know unit rumors!
>>
>>48332905
Bringing in the sort that can't f3 40k isn't good for any general.
>>
>>48332707
At the rate we're going expect the combined admech codex to be next year...
>>
>>48332923
Vidya was a god well before /v/ came along.
>>
>>48332941
I thought he had a feathered shoulderpad but maybe I'm misremembering. It's been a long time since I've seen it and I can't even find it on google.
>>
File: TRUMPLORDKEK.png (224 KB, 337x412) Image search: [Google]
TRUMPLORDKEK.png
224 KB, 337x412
>>48332615
Well they have ruled that Cataphractii cant be taken on a bike so I just get a normal smashfucker set-up.

Its a pretty tame deathstar/list in general
Runnin the armoured task force cause it'll be cool
Tzeench/Eldar's D are the only serious problems
I'll fuck up tau with some IH and/or WarConvo

>tfw Taufag calls you OP
>>
>>48332950
People who complain about general images existing/not existing are the worst. You are the true cancer.
>>
>>48333086
remov chikin
>>
File: 1403194483786.jpg (113 KB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
1403194483786.jpg
113 KB, 950x1200
>>48333040
> GW rules on Cataphractii Bikes
Source.
>>
>>48333040
If you do face off either of them, no real need to worry. The War Convo pumps out enough Dakka to kill an army twice its size, just send in the Marines to clean up what's left. And unless I'm mistaken, only the Wraithknight can take the Wraithcannon, meaning you can mulch through whatever else comes your way with Kataphrons. And even with Wraithknight, you can shoot that shit to hell.
>>
Anyone else have a hard time building mehreens lists? I'm trying to do a drop pod list for Star Phantoms without falling into the gladius rabbit hole of fuckery and I can't figure out a good way to do it, I feel like I don't have enough boots on the ground if I go for 5 man pods, but not enough points for fancy stuff if I run 4 10 man pods
>>
Would anyone players would care if I put the Scrolls of Magnus on a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch? It says you need the Mark of Tzeentch, however, a Deamon Prince can only get the Daemon of Tzeentch rule. I dunno, just makes me sad.
>>
File: spongefun.gif (420 KB, 450x342) Image search: [Google]
spongefun.gif
420 KB, 450x342
>>48333123
Na its just how they are playing it at the FLGS
I made the case, as any IH player would...
even mentioned that its almost a nerf since I lose a wound and an attack
They are like, its called Cataphractii TERMINATOR ARMOUR so its terminator armour
I was like, but thats not how rules work and it EXPLICITLY does not include it as counting as terminator armour for wargear options
>but its still says terminator armour

Its not a big deal I guess, I just ended the conversation saying that I'd allow it against me because thats what it says
>>
>>48333159
yeah screamerstars are the most frustrating thing
Basically the match is me trying to kill the Fateweaver and pink horrors
>>
>>48333108
remov yourself
>>
>>48333207
Why would you even argue that? You really thought it was cool to put a terminator in a bike? Time for some self-reflection, anon.
>>
File: booger1.jpg (13 KB, 465x281) Image search: [Google]
booger1.jpg
13 KB, 465x281
>>48333325
I was mostly seeing how they would fall on the RAW
I never expected it to fly or ever tried to run it
I was honestly kinda confused as to why the rule is written so specifically poorly

>do you know the rule to which we are referring?
>>
>>48333389
To be fair, the entire angels of death supplement was insultingly bad in terms of writing, featuring bullshit like these:
> a Crimson Fists formation not being able to take pedro kantor.
> Cataphractii Bikes
> Contemptors losing the entirety of their awesome weapon options table, in exchange for 4 attacks and chapter tactics
>>
>>48332945

Well, I play 30k mech. Ask me anything.
>>
>>48333436
Thats kinda what I was asking them
I figured it was a mistake, but I was kinda wondering why it was so explicitly incorrect/confusing

>AoD buffs IH pretty well anyway, so I was never complaining
>I just want those 4+IWND and PoTMS Predators
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>48329518
>Chaos marines are competing with Orks for worst codex in the game
>CSM
>Worse than works
>Worse than Tyranids
>Worse than dark eldars
Cry me a river faggot, go fuck yourself with your 3+, FW privilege
>>
>>48329540
Chaos daemons have very solid high tier builds and are no way underpowered, but csm like to pretend they always were different codex when in reality they were split only back in 5th edition.
>>
>>48331865
I feel like GW stashed all the decent people in the company into ForgeWorld and then set the prices so high that no one would ever really give a shit about their work.

Just to spite them.
>>
>>48329646
No because I'm not a waac faggot and use pure skitarii, but I'm tempted to get some sweet robots.
>>
>>48333515
Tyranids are good
Just take forge world models, 4 flyrants with Egrubs and Dspitters and a living artillery node with a venomthrope
>>
>>48329646
>can't run war convo anymore
What do you mean?
I was planing on taking one to the waac tournament at my flgs at the end of the month
>>
>>48332835
Why do force weapons have squiggles on them like a Mexican's car?
>>
File: 12347616375892.jpg (27 KB, 640x424) Image search: [Google]
12347616375892.jpg
27 KB, 640x424
>tfw i play a fluffy Imperial Fists army and just want to have fun and enjoy the hobby with other people who care about fluff too.
>>
>>48333759
I have some good news, don't worry: it's not as bad as tg says it is.

Really, unless by "fluffy" you mean everybody footslogging and no heavy weapons, you can still do okay against most things. Maybe not Riptide wing, but I'm guessing your list is static gunline-ish since, you know, masters of the siege and fortified positions. Those are actually quite good.

Think about it: If you have even Plasma Cannon Devastators deployed in ruins at the edge of your deployment zone, you're covering MOST of the board with your guns. And it's likely you've got two groups of those, and even better they probably have lascannons for total board coverage.

heavy bolters are even fluffier, and with Fists tactics they actually become decent.

You can get some serious firepower with fluffy lists, especially marines.
>>
>>48333123
im running Abhumans and nobody can stop my cat girls going 2mins2Midnight.
>>
>>48333792
Yeah. I have a squad of Devastators with lascannons but the angels of death strike force doesn't have any slot for fortifications so i have more of an offensive siege. It also doesn't help that the people I play with run Tau suit lists and Necron Decurions...
>>
>>48332330

Eldar and marines by far have the most viable options and different ways to play.
>>
File: 1999187716.jpg (8 KB, 220x230) Image search: [Google]
1999187716.jpg
8 KB, 220x230
>>48333792
I play fluffy Mechanicus with a cobbled together army list of 30k robots and priests leading around a big pack of 40k Skitarii, the shooting phase is the best phase.

Though I am troubled by the rumors upthread, I hope they don't special rule the robots into the ground. They're the main thing I love about Mechanicus.
>>
>>48333841
There's an easy way to beat Necrons at their own game if you ally in Raven Guard. Fluff them as RG successors who worked with the Fists so often that they started to come around to their style of warfare. Or whatever you want really.

Raven Guard Allied Detachment - 445

HQ - Librarian - 125
ML 2
Armor of Shadows

TROOPS - Tactical Squad - 85
Plasma Gun
Rhino - 35

HEAVY SUPPORT - Devastators - 200
4x Plasma Cannons
+5 Marines

Inquisitor - 34
Servo Skulls

Divination on the Librarian, hide your dudes in ruins for 2+ cover saves and Gets Hot! rerolls. Servo Skulls make you basically not scatter. At all. Kek. Bring Coteaz too if you want to stop STEEHL REHN shenanigans.

Waste those metal deathbots as they crawl across the field, and while you do, make sure to declare:

POSITION FORTIFIED.
>>
>>48333515
>3+ privilege
Implying there's a shortage of AP3/AP2 in this game.

>FW privilege
Implying IA13 isn't filled with shit that's blatantly worse than anything SM has and somehow overcosted as well.
>>
File: 1466578747375.jpg (83 KB, 563x800) Image search: [Google]
1466578747375.jpg
83 KB, 563x800
hey whats better for killing stuff ded?
a Demolisher or a 'Hound/D'Dog? or a Wyvern?
also, Who else likes to have attractive Vehicle Operators?
>>
>>48330042
You are talking about Marines or Tau here?

Because that post applies to both factions.
>>
>>48334420
I'm assuming he means Tau since he replied to the Tau player.
>>
>>48330637
>Tau and Eldar are the only codexes with Str D available to non-LoW
>Tau
>Non-LoW S:D
Where, exactly?

Or are you just a pissy kid who doesn't play the game, and assumes Pulse Rifles are S:D because the internet told you?
>>
>>48334369
If it's infantry, wyvern, if it's everything, demolisher.
>>
File: 1466576734565.jpg (56 KB, 500x462) Image search: [Google]
1466576734565.jpg
56 KB, 500x462
>>48334463
thanks man.
Snub Tonk it is.
>>
>>48333515

For every model that gets killed by AP2 or swept off the board or ran off by leadership or psychic powers, the CSM player lost 13 points, Orks only lost 6.
>>
>>48333207
>Marine faggots going at it again
You and Tau fags need to kill yourself, so we stop seeing these fucking retarded rule "interpretations".

If you don't have the mental capabilities to read and understand simple sentences, and are too autistic to understand basic logical problems, then you probably shouldn't be playing a game as complex as 40k

Though I suppose you playing marines makes sense, considering these two facts. Tau would also work out nicely for you.
>>
https://discord.gg/FpVfNKp

Don't forget we've got a discord guys
>>
>>48329700
Supa kannon is not available to codex battlewaggons.
>>
>>48333650
He just means that the WAAC version, Skittles loaded into drop pods bristling with arc rifles and plasma calivers, can no longer be played. Regualr War COnvo is fine, not as WAAC as you're going to see in a proper tournament but with good play, could see you through. Just remember that dakka Knight is best knight and don't be lured in by the plasma cannons on destroyers, you're going to need all the grav you can get against Scatspam and drop pod cunts.
>>
>>48334883
I prefer text, less snivelling, stammering, lisping, laboured breathing, constant memes, thats what she said and BEING THE LOUDEST MEANS I'M RIGHT!
>>
>>48335298
Discord is both, and going by the other /tg/ discord's I've been in that one probably has no one but a music bot in the voice channels anyway.
>>
I just played a game against eldar corsairs as space wolves. That was.. Miserable. They are effectively immune to melee unless they chose to engage it, have almost complete board control, and pack way more shooting and anti-vehicle than I can put down. Dude offered a rematch later.

What the fuck do I do to deal with these guys?
>>
>>48335554
>eldar corsairs
That is like saying you played against Chaos.

What list did he field? He has a million choices, so you need to provide a lot more info on what he was using.
>>
>>48335554
>2016
>actually wasting your time and accepting games against Eldar and Tau players

You deserved what you got. Corsairs are still fucking Eldar.
>>
>>48335620
So are Deldar
>>
>>48329066
Dark eldar vehicles are open topped, but if they are a melee army is questionable.

So is the LandSpeeder Scout, if you count scouts as meleeunits.
>>
>>48328942
It does work with 0-3 mastery levels per side and quickly degrades with more.
And some spells are ridiculous (invisibility for example)
>>
>>48335554

If you manage to break a unit they'll all run off the board. They have 2 leadership values, one is the "we are fucked and running now" value and it's like, 4 or 5.

Most of their shit is paper-thin and will die if you concentrate fire. They run Venoms and Hornets ("look at it and it died" tier unless the Hornets have the movement-induced cover save thing) and also non-Wave Serpent Craftworld tanks, which really aren't that strong. If he's not using Aethermancy he's not really that fast, and if he is there's a chance he'll perils and BTFO his own shit on the Corsairs perils chart.

You can get into combat with their vehicles. As far as I remember, they don't get the bullshit run away from anything move. Further, if you surround the infantry with 2 squads they can't run (1" distance from all squads or unit can't go there, as per BRB). He'll have map control but you can probably kill him entirely if you target things in the correct order and make a big invincible wedge thing. Unless he had Fire Prisms, he has no blast templates.

Basically they're like if DEldar were good, so just do whatever you do to kill DEldar. I'm now familiar with the space yiff codex at all so I can't really offer anything specific. If he is running heavy weapons on every single bike he is a dick, fuck playing him again. If he doesn't have bikes then you should easily blow him the fuck out on the troops side of things. Keep in mind your bolters can kill basically every single unit he has, including most of the vehicles...
>>
>>48332326
People like you are why I nowadays expect a written armylist with the weapon upgrades listed.
>>
>>48335600
> What list did he field?
Mostly bikes with viper and hornet support.

I managed to actually deal with most of the hornets in the first turn. He had them in two squads of three, and I managed to blow up all but one with some lucky rolls from two five-man WG suicide drop pod squads with combi-meltas.

The rest of the game though, the bikes ate me alive. Ridiculous amounts of mobility and firepower, and to make matters worse they were all on combat drugs. i watched him roll the table +1 toughness, so they were all on T5.
>>
>>48335647
>but if they are a melee army is questionable.
>DEldar
Having seen a unit of 10 Incubi crash into a 20 man Crusader Squad, and promptly clean them off the board without even getting to strike back, I can tell you that these fuckers are RIDICULOUSLY good in melee. Their only drawback is being squishy and having problems getting there, and open topped transports help s lot in that regard, just not enough when the vehicle is made of paper. A tactical squad with no special or heavy weapons will still down it even outside of rapidfire range.
>>
>>48335786
No grenades though.
>>
>>48335763
>bikes
Well, that makes i easy.

You do the same you'd do against Riptide/grav-spammers. Don't fucking play against them.
>>
>>48329066
Space wolves aren't too bad off. Land Raiders are the bog standard and kinda meh, but their flyer is a pretty decent way to get a load of wulfen or blood claws into combat. I'm pretty sure they can be taken as a dedicated transport.
>>
>>48335801
Right, that is also a problem, but can be fixed with a HQ. A bit dumb and overcosted, but that is DEldar for you.
>>
>>48335600
>eldar corsairs
>comparable to chaos
What are you on about?
>>
File: 20169.jpg (327 KB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
20169.jpg
327 KB, 1778x1000
What can this be, it just arrived today .
>>
>>48335843
Read the post m8.

What would yu suggest bringing against "Chaos"? Because that would vary WILDLY depending on what God(s) they are using, whether it is CSM or just Daemons, or a mix of them.

Can't give advice to that.
>>
>>48333997
>Implying there's a shortage of AP3/AP2 in this game.
Which is better than being as 5+ or 6+, because the tau and everything else can ignore our as without even needing ap2 or ap 3 for that matter, we have far less durability than you even without the ap spam

>Implying IA13 isn't filled with shit that's blatantly worse than anything SM has and somehow overcosted as well.
Cry me a river, at least you're supported rather than being forgotten and left for dead, and IA13 still adds many viable options to CSM, so excuse me if I can't spare a shred of pity for your middle tier army.
>>
>>48335821
No.
Assault Grenades are per model.
>>
>>48335861
Really, even trying to argue that CSM is on the same level as Orks is absurd.

Orks are so shit that literally no one minds homebrew shit because GW clearly gives 0 fucks about them.

Chaos actually gets supplements and support.
>>
>>48334509
>Implying the works won't kill themselves afterwards
The csm are less likely to kill themselves and/or run from the table than orks, Tyranids or deldars.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking to start building an army of my own and the grey Knights really caught my eye but I'm trying to optimize them the best I can since I'm very new to this. I've noticed some inquestion units that have snipers and I'm also wondering if they go well with them.
>>
>>48335850
what the fuck is that doorstop placement about
>>
>>48335877
>Chaos actually gets supplement
So do Orks. Orks actually have a decurion.

The lack of Ork FW support is pretty absurd, especially now that FW itself just straight up acknowledges that they don't have valid rules for any of their ork shit.
>>48335861
Get fucked, you mewling wretch. Everyone knows Chaos, Orks, Dark Eldar, and Tyranids are all fucked.
>>
>>48335908
Deldar player. Can confirm. I basically quit playing after our last dex.
>>
Could someone explain to me how GW are now categorising the factions. Back when I played before, lots of the models in the 'Inquisition' tab used to be under grey knights. So are they their own thing now? There doesn't seem to be enough of them.
>>
File: 20160713.jpg (637 KB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
20160713.jpg
637 KB, 1778x1000
>>48335904
Screw not set properly, it works though. Hmm russia ?
>>
>>48335916
Short version: it's really easy to take multiple detachments as allies now. So to replicate a 5e Grey knight codex, you'd be running Grey Knights with Inquisition as allies.
>>
So I've got my second game today, my 500 pts Eldar vs whoever is around in the shop and can be bothered to break in a newbie. I've got my list down, and I took Runes of Fate on my Farseer last time. Was thinking of trying a different discipline this time for flavour, but the others seem kinda lacklustre. Telepathy only has 2 powers that are useful for me, one being the Primaris and the other being cheesy invis. So I guess I'm asking what the benefits of the other are.

Sanctic has some fun stuff, but perils is meh and the primaris is completely useless to me, same with Hammerhand. So I guess Divination? Gives my squishy pansies some protection I spose. Or should I just stick with RoF?
>>
>>48335916
Yeah they split the codex up for 7th for some reason. Now only the inquisition can get psybolt ammunition.
>>
>>48335911
Dark Eldar suffer the most from the proliferation of mid-strength shooting caused by the most recent Tau and Eldar codexes. If you tell the tier one armies to fuck off, Dark Eldar can do quite a bit better. Orks and CSM especially lack the ranged mid-strength shooting to effectively deal with large numbers of mechanized DE, as do Tyranids that don't spam flyrants.
>>
>>48335911
Play Corsairs instead. Same models, but infinitely better.
>>
>>48335937
Orks have s5-8 by the buckets.
>>
I want to start an army built around the Inquisition. Advice on the best way to do it?
>>
File: 201150.jpg (403 KB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
201150.jpg
403 KB, 1422x800
Maybe they sent vodka ?
>>
File: 20160704_143037.jpg (3 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
20160704_143037.jpg
3 MB, 2988x5312
Hey rules fags, riddle me this:

If I buy a Taurox Prime for a 5 man bare bones squad of scions, can I deploy a Astra Militarum demo veteren squad inside it at the start of the match or do the demo vets have to wait outside and then get inside turn one??
>>
>>48335954
Sure, concentrated in a few expensive, unreliable platforms with shit saves and low leadership.
>>
>>48335924
So I'm gonna need a separate codex. Yet another way to get screwed out of money. At least my models haven't really changed.
>>
>>48335987
Why don't you try reading the rules?
>>
>>48335993
>Rules databases
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
>>
>>48335988
Dakkajets get 9 s6 shots and being fliers saves matter little.
>>
>>48335995
why dont you tell me faggit
>>
File: 2016039.jpg (131 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
2016039.jpg
131 KB, 1000x563
Ohhh, mystery thickens but it wont be solved unless there is enough interest in it.
>>
File: Grumpy_cat_'good'.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
Grumpy_cat_'good'.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
>>48336038
> but it wont be solved unless there is enough interest in it.
>>
>>48336038
Are you going to get the boy scouts badge for buying recasts online?
>>
>>48335921
Did you buy those sweet russian Sisters?

If yes, i would like to see them.
>>
>>48335801

Well they can't have everything. They're still an AP2, WS5, I5, S5 pile of rape that generate extra hits on 6s, get power from pain benefits AND have webway and assault vehicle access. One deficiency doesn't make them useless. It just takes a tiny bit of forethought to get them into combat
>>
>>48335647
The way their codex is written it seems to me they were intended to be the melee eldar.

Not even incubi and grotesques, the upgrades to the kabalite warriors give them extra attacks and all their leaders have access to poisoned power swords.
>>
>>48336097
Well the overwhelming force faction.
Move first, shoot first, assault first, hit first, hope you don't die first.
>>
>>48335669
So what can be done about those armys that can field more like Demons and Gray Knights? We could go the AoS route and say only 1 power and only one dispel but that's quite the nerf to some units.
>>
File: 19137647981.gif (2 MB, 390x285) Image search: [Google]
19137647981.gif
2 MB, 390x285
>>48336038
Those Russian SoB casts everyone was warbling about for a few weeks back in the day. Here's your (You), shit or get off the pot.
>>
File: 1429662869214.jpg (169 KB, 830x900) Image search: [Google]
1429662869214.jpg
169 KB, 830x900
>>48335987

[spoonfeed]No one but the unit it was bought for can start the game in a dedicated transport.[/spoonfeed]
>>
>>48335988
They get whole squads if rocket launchers for almost nothing and BS2 doesn't matter when you have to decide to jink before I roll to hit.
>>
File: 2016033.jpg (133 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
2016033.jpg
133 KB, 1000x563
Nice packages
>>
>>48336038

Pictures please.
>>
Who ever said yesterday that Dark Angels suck can go suck cocks. DA battle company just won Bay Area Open.
>>
File: 2016843.jpg (150 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
2016843.jpg
150 KB, 1000x563
They finally arrived.
>>
>>48336176
When you said thank you for the gift and their reply was "it was nothing" they were being literal.
>>
>>48336141
>>48336203

Check it. Nice models though, how many did you get? Planning to play them, attach them to another army, or just build and paint?
>>
File: 201600400.jpg (429 KB, 1000x1778) Image search: [Google]
201600400.jpg
429 KB, 1000x1778
Anyone knows slav? More pics to follow(higher res)
>>
>>48336227
Top says to cut detail sections of the model out with knife.
not sure about middle.
3 says that section has something to do with making combination weapons
>>
>>48336227

I don't understand much slav, but those pictures are pretty clear. Looks like you can turn any bolter into combi-weapon by cutting a little piece off. That's cool.
>>
File: very-drunk.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
very-drunk.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>48336227
>[drunk noises]
>Grishnak models
>[drunk noises]
>>
>>48328429
hey guys, new to the game wondering if you could help a fellah out. im going with orks, i have the codex but a guy at the store said if i wanted all the rules i needed more things. he said a magazine had some vehicle rules, and another codex had more rules, and another book had more tank rules,
is this standard for this game, i thought id just need the codex and rulebook, or is what hes talking about extra stuff i dont need? thanks for the help
>>
>>48336201
>Marines are top tier
Are you surprised? Hell, is *anybody* surprised? Marines are always solid or better, and winning tournaments is not weird at all.

Stop listening to Muhreen babies who can't figure out how to play the game. Shitters will be shit, even if they are playing the objectively most broken and overpowered army in the game. It is easier to cry about the competition being OP, than learning how to play the game.
>>
File: 2016427.jpg (1 MB, 2000x3556) Image search: [Google]
2016427.jpg
1 MB, 2000x3556
>>48336241
Maybe something about bending the arms ?

>>48336215
10 , enough to make a single squad.
I am planning to include them as allies to my IG if slavs make more various models in the future(hq , seraphim , heavy support etc) Otherwise kill team probably.
>>
From what I understand there are 3 big recasters right now.

zhanchui, Aliexpress, and con

None of the websites I've found for them work, but I keep reading that they are still producing models.

Can somebody please help me out, it's ridiculous how secretive people are with this shit... as if they don't just make new websites within 5 minutes of the old one being shut down.
>>
>>48336326
None of the big Chinese recasters use websites anymore.
>>
File: TotesNotANarc.jpg (204 KB, 1312x1501) Image search: [Google]
TotesNotANarc.jpg
204 KB, 1312x1501
>>48336326
Nice try.
>>
>>48336326
you wont find any help here, you just will get a bunch of people calling you a GW man trying to find him out
>>
File: 2010510.jpg (346 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
2010510.jpg
346 KB, 2000x1125
>>48336326
Lurk more

Also close up on the models.
>>
>>48336378
They look so much better than the actually GW models, how much were they?
>>
Advice on using Inquisition with an IG army? I'm trying to learn both codexes simultaneously and trying to figure out where I'm better off using inquisition warband stuff vs leaning on existing IG units.
>>
>>48336168
thanks bud.
>>
>>48336297
But muh Eldar and tau hate!!!
>>
>>48336378
I did not expect such quality.
>>
>>48336378
It looks awesome. I need those in my life.
>>
>>48336378
I've been away for a while - where are these from?
>>
>>48336474
The name is literally written on the sprue.
>>
File: 20160718_120451.jpg (348 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
20160718_120451.jpg
348 KB, 2000x1125
>>48336387
Something like 50 usd or so for a squad of 10 (shiping included )
So that makes a single sister worth 5 usd , pricey but better than even FW.
>>
>>48332563
Oh no! Another setting in my Dune-alien-tolkien-2000AD-terminator-morcock pop-culture mashup in SPAAAAAAACE! This Knight wouldn't work in the same naunced and entirely original setting that spawned such characters as Inquisitor Obi-wan Sherlock Clousseau and Lion El'Johnson of the Dark Angels.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.