[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
>resources
pastebin.com/M09HXnQQ

Order pwnz you edition

>Point system pdf for matched game
>Thx, Based Leaker!
sendspace.com/file/n3nkx2
mega.nz/#!7lZ2yDYI!ANWwfQHiJjr5ZbH6sfyruGRPGgWiDjso2uSGyJem1lg

>OP image album
imgur.com/gallery/12eeL

>Cheer for your faction!
seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/

Old thread
>>48305806

Summer campaign finished already?
>>
The only way Order can be toppled is for Death, Destruction, and Chaos players to unite against it.
>>
repost from last thread:
Still tinkering with a flesheater courts list,thoughts on this?
I originally had a vampire lord instead of the extra varghulf for his command ability.. But I think red fury on my ghoul king would be better so making him my general instead?
Or I can keep the vampire lord and give him the command trait that gives ignore wounds on a 5+ for allegiance trait?

HEROES
Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist (400) - Red Fury, Ring of Immortality
Necromancer (120)
Crypt Ghast Courtier (80)
Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
Varghulf Courtier (160)
UNITS
Crypt Ghouls x 30 (300)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Horrors x 3 (140)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Crypt Ghouls x 10 (100)
Dire Wolves x 10 (120)
FORMATIONS
Abattoir (60)

A semi unrelated question about summoning- do I have to indicate on a list what's held in reserves, or merely that I have a certain amount of points set aside to summon whatever I like?
>>
whats the least played army/faction ? Ogors?
>>
My local GW has only one Death player, and that's the blackshirt. And yet Death are well in the lead with almost half of the store points. Methinks the cheeki breeki may have been giving himself a lot of painting and collecting points...

>>48318832
>Summer campaign finished already?
I still think it's too early to claim that. If Order's been sitting at top spot all the way to hte halfway point then yeah, that lead might be unassailable.

It's not the worst thing though, there were suggestions this would be a bit of a learning experience for GW, so they may do stuff differently in future (split the factions up more, count losses as well as wins so simply playing more games with a faction doesn't mean more points, etc.).
>>
>>48318850
How? It's not like you can "target" your points against Order.

>>48318885
Oh, and the 2nd highest faction is Destruction, played by the store's redshirt assistant.
>>
Perhaps after two weeks if two factions are really lacking they'll come up with some fluff where they unite/ally to take a city
>>
>>48318885
There's no collecting points. Only painting and winning.
>>
Anyone got the image for Dispossessed in the Generals handbook?

Are there also any formations for Dispossessed?
>>
>>48318898
By bullying Order players/
>>
>>48318885

I think some of the reason Order has so many points as well is because of painting score from people buying the new Sylvaneth, as well as the Stormcast Eternals and Fyreslayers being newer ranges.

The other factions have only, in terms of new things, received the Ironjawz, Bloodbound, and Everchosen, and the Everchosen is literally just 3 very expensive model releases.
>>
>>48318875
Depends what you count as a faction. Likely nobody is playing a pure Thunderscorn force.
Ogres are decently popular though. I'd say pure grot armies are probably quite rare.
>>
Currently tossing up between a few chaos factions
Slaves to Darkness
Pestilens/Rotbringers
Bloodbound/Khorne Demons
Which one do people think are the most engaging, as in ones where you have to think on your feet the most?
>>
>Urgronk Wurrteef had a powerful vision from Gork after being hit on the head by a drunken gargant. In it, the greenskin followed a great tree beast walking across the Realm of Life, its savage spirit taking on the shape of Gorkamorka as it smashed apart sylvaneth armies.

>He ranted about the tree creature until, tired of his babbling, his warclan threw him through a Realmgate. As Gork had predicted, Urgronk awoke to find himself in the Jade Kingdoms, and set off in search of the mythical tree monster with his god’s face. In his journeys and battles, other orruks, entranced by his vision, joined his quest. These savage greenskins started bringing Urgronk gifts, including an especially magical bone to use as a staff, and a beast mask carved of heartwood to help him see the signs of Gorkamorka.

>The orruks called Urgronk ‘Splinterfoot’ because he followed in the path of the tree spirit, and soon, his growing army became known as the Splinterfoot Warclan. His quest led the warclan to one bloody battle after another across Ghyran, the vision of the tree beast filling Urgronk’s mind. No matter how many sylvaneth they killed and cut open, he never seemed to find the spirit he was looking for. Each night, Gork sent Urgronk fresh visions, and his boys started calling him a Wurrgog Prophet. All Urgronk wants is to find the tree beast and scoop out its soul.

Being the sylvaneth is suffering.
>>
>>48318962
That probably doesn't help but I doubt it's the main reason. The current spread in the three cities fits pretty much exactly the spread of army distribution from WHFB to AoS.
Order is made up of seven armies from WHFB.
Chaos is made up of four armies from WHFB.
Destruction is made up of two armies from WHFB.
Death is made up of two armies from WHFB.

Adding to that, Order got the most new releases in AoS, Chaos second, destruction only Ironjawz and Death nothing.

Besides Phoenicium, where death is slightly bigger than destruction, the summer campaign simply reflects the selection size of the three Alliances.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160715_0004.png (1 MB, 941x768) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160715_0004.png
1 MB, 941x768
>>48318961
>mfw
>>
>>48319029
>No Wurrteef, you are the tree beast.
>>
Are the battalions from the Realmgate Wars campaign books getting matched play points?
>>
>>48319149
Nope, only battalions from Battletomes and website do.
>>
>>48319029
>>He ranted about the tree creature until, tired of his babbling, his warclan threw him through a Realmgate

Why are Orruks so much fun?
>>
>>48318975
Would pure thunderscorn work well though? i have a shaggoth and 6 old dragon ogres lying around.
>>
>>48318961
Clearly Order is the actual position to bully death, destruction and Chaos players.

How does it feel to be a part of the unholy trinity of fuckboi players?
>>
>Pop into TCR GW
>Hard selling as soon as i step in the door
>Had light convo about dice, got my paints and left
Nice staff but their sales tactics fuck me off so goddamn much
>>
File: reading.png (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
reading.png
8 KB, 256x256
How did your stores do lads? mine is pretty close. Chaos winning just.
>>
File: GW Mt Gravatt.png (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
GW Mt Gravatt.png
8 KB, 256x256
>>48319687

First time I've looked, holy crap does Order have the advantage. Not sure if I should paint up and play with my Chaos now in hopes of swinging things back, or do my Daughters of Khaine instead to be on the 'winning side'.
>>
File: gwsw.png (97 KB, 300x274) Image search: [Google]
gwsw.png
97 KB, 300x274
my local store
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 561x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 561x366
So is it worth using Empire artillery in AoS compared ro handgunners? Because I love artillery.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 454x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 454x458
Chaos confirmed for the local fuckboy faction that gets sandwiched between Order and Destruction. Meanwhile Death watches through a twoway mirror while giving the old bone a rub.
>>
File: Untitled.png (120 KB, 324x300) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
120 KB, 324x300
It's pretty spooky round these parts.
>>
>>48319417
You could take a Shaggoth and 5 units of 3 Dragon ogres and have a legal list of 980 pts. Could probably even win a few games but would be crazy boring.

I was just taking them as an example because that guy asked what the least played faction was, which is kind of difficult to answer since there are so many factions that only have one or two unit types.
>>
File: download.png (6 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
download.png
6 KB, 256x256
not so good
>>
>>48319952
Glorious!
>>
File: Wierdnob wip2.jpg (371 KB, 1000x506) Image search: [Google]
Wierdnob wip2.jpg
371 KB, 1000x506
Posted this model yesterday as kind of a wip series of my first AoS model.
Got a bit further down the line today, the staff is almost complete, will work on the OSL a bit more, and will try to do some "sparks" inside the cloud.
The upper body/head is mostly complete as well, will have to try and work on some more highlights on the robes, but I don't want to go to bright, its still black´ish afterall. Fixed the bone parts as well.
Whats really left in terms of big jobs, is the base and the skirt, but after that I'm calling it finished!
>>
File: season.png (246 KB, 600x271) Image search: [Google]
season.png
246 KB, 600x271
>>48319687
Left is my local GW, right is my FLGS
>>
hey guys, how come i cant find bretonnian peasant archers on the gdub interwebs?
>>
>>48320069
Bretonnia is kill.
>>
>>48320061
Looks great, I love the eyes and source lighting on the skull
>>
>>48320061
Looks very good, Anon.
>>
>>48319699
Check the websocket data. I found a store that was clearly punching in false results for order.
>>
>>48320061
Even better!
>>
Treelord Ancient 300

Branchwych 100

Drycha hamadreth 280

Outcasts 40

5x Spite revenants 100

5x Spite revenants 100

5x Spite revenants 100

20x Dryads 240

20x Dryads 240

5x Tree revenants 100

3x Kurnoth hunters 180

3x Kurnoth hunters 180

I was thining of putting scythes on both kurnoth units.

But does this look alright? I know i'm not giving a lot of info arounding it, but i don't know
>>
Whats flesheater courts answer to big gribblies like alarielle glotkin e.t.c.?
>>
File: Untitled.png (167 KB, 543x273) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
167 KB, 543x273
>>48319687
Reppin' Chaos (I want order to win two and Destruction/Death to win one. Unlikely tho).
>>
>>48320069
They're out of print along with the rest of the brettonian model range
>>
>>48320358
Where are you seeing the websocket data? I can't find it. And surely the data goes to their server and should be invisible front end?
>>
>>48318832
So is it possible to play one faction, but support another? Like, I play Chaos, but I want order to win?

Also, whats the strongest non-skaven Chaos Faction? Bloodbound? Nurgle rotbringers? A daemons group
>>
>>48320662
Sure, play against order and tank your games.
>>
Glaive or Blade for my Revenant Scion?
I don't know if the +2 attack is really worth it compared to 2 Damage

Both work out to 4 damage
>>
>>48320662
>Also, whats the strongest non-skaven Chaos Faction? Bloodbound? Nurgle rotbringers? A daemons group

I like Tzeentch Daemons personally, but all the gods are reasonably strong in my experience.
>>
>>48320662

I haven't played a game with them yet, but Bloodbound seem strong from their synergies between Heroes and their units. I know nearly every Hero buffs units from their own faction, but Bloodbound seem to get a lot more by using Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, and some of the Battalions.
>>
How are the Magic and Relic choices anons?
>Leader
Treelord Ancient: Circlet, Reaping - 300

>Battleline
20x Dryads - 240
20x Dryads - 240
5x Tree Revenants - 100
5x Tree Revenants - 100

>Behemoth
Treelord Ancient: Regrowth - 300

>Other
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Bows - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
3x Kurnoth Hunters with Scythes - 180
--2000 points
>>
In the generals handbook, when they say 2+ battleline, that means two individual units of any size right? I cant have a 40 man grot squad and say im good?
>>
>>48321231
kinda obvious what it means
>>
>>48321231
>american education
>>
>>48320767
I'd personally prefer the blade. As you said the damage averages out but with 4 attacks you're more likely to hit at least one on a bad roll.
>>
>>48321306
>>48321231
>>48321297
if i have two apples and i eat one would i still have two apples?
>>
>>48321231
Yes it seems to be that it has to be that many individual units. I personally don't like that, since it puts the elite style armies at a bit of an advantage over the more blobby choices that have 'bonus if unit is larger than x' rules. It's only really a problem in 1000 pts though so I guess I can live with it.
>>
File: image.png (25 KB, 535x653) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25 KB, 535x653
current local players are favoring 2500 for larger games, since they don't take that much longer than 2k and add some flexibility, with 1k being standard for short games.

C&C on this 2500 list? I know my modelcount is low, but its semi-intentional, order draconis units are battleshock immune within 16" of a noble or lord, and the helms are decent bravery if used in pairs, current plan is to try and keep mobility advantage and aim for a heavy charge.
>>
>>48321472
The Repeaters look kinda out-of-place in a fast mounted force.
>>
So, question, do you think anyone wpuld be up for a Regiments of Reknown Tournament, with the restrictions on Heros and Magics were lifted?
>>
>>48319788
Hm, maybe a shaggoth, 2x3 ogres and a wizard and some chosen/warriors for a 1k/1,5k list as a tzeentch beast list.
>>
>>48321613

Really want to run your Nagash, eh little Timmy?
>>
>>48321626
I just want to run a Exalted hero of Chaos in a smaller game
>>
>>48321621
You'd need to fulfill the battleline restriction with warriors obviously since the dragon ogres wouldn't be battleline anymore.
>>
>>48321472
Depending on what you play against you could run into the same issue I've seen some other elf players face: the lack of rend. Your stuff hits really hard on the charge like most cavalry lists but outside of your heroes and the repeaters you have no rend. Against some blocky lists like stormcasts and nurgle you could face the issue that you fail to deal as much damage as you wish on your charge turn, followed by your guys being slowly grinded down.

It seems to be a bit of a 'all-in' type of list but our Bretonnia player is doing pretty well with something similar, so I might just be overstating the problem.
>>
A Wargrove or a Branchwraith?
Both are 100 points and add something to an army
>>
>>48262960
You can use other chaos units too
Im taking two blocks on clanrats and a block of pink horrors
>>
>>48321613
100 points doesn't really allow for much of a Hero budget, mate. At best, a Crypt Ghast Courtier or Black Ark Fleetmaster would fit (also Packmaster, but why would you do that?). If we say 250 points, choose ONE Hero, or if we do it like Heralds of Ruin for 40k, where the leaders are squad champions with an extra wound, then yes, that'd do. But that'd be one hell of a homebrew.
>>
>>48321774
>not enough data
Normally I'd say Branchwraith as she adds another spell a turn and something more substantial than a bunch of special rules, but depending on the rest of your army and the Wargrove in question, different rules apply.

Do you already have an Ancient and a Branchwhatever and want to add Gnarlroot? Then yes, the Wargrove is better.
Is like half your army made up of Dryads and you want to add Winterleaf? Then yes, the Wargrove is better.
Do you have two units of Tree-Revenants and a bunch of Dryads and want Harvestboon? Definitely do take the Wargrove.
Already have all the requirements for Dreadwood but not yet the Wargrove itself? Add it immediately.
In most other cases, the Branchwraith will give you better mileage though.
>>
>Want to play Dispossessed.

Do they have any formations?

Do I use Longbeards over Warriors?
>>
>>48320061
Holy shit, it's a million times better than it was yesterday. Incredible work!
>>
>>48321899
see >>48320835 + a Spirit of Durthu
Thanks anon
>>
Is there any reason to take Karl Franz, Reiko guard knights, etc?

I wanted to have them alongside some demigryph knights and a Battleline of SCE. I like the SCE heroes well enough but none of the General option s astound me the way a gryphon general or KF does.
>>
>>48322064

Reiksguard*

Plus I just like those cavalry modeks better than dracothian. The monopole nature of those kits makes me hesitate.
>>
>>48322064
>>48322105
I'd say take the models you like. You'll enjoy building and painting them more, and you'll enjoy looking at them on the shelf/table more.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 512x501) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 512x501
>>48322137
This.
>>
>>48320069

>thisisbait.jpg
>>
>>48322209
Sometimes, I'm inches away from getting Stormcasts just to experiment some paintings ideas.
>>
>>48322222
FUKKEN CHECKED
>>
>>48322222
Quints make this true.
>>
>>48322275
I'm thinking about giving them these helmets.
>http://maxmini.eu/conversion-bits/head-swaps/Tribe-Black-Lotus-heads-bits
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 625x626
>>48322222
Nice digits.
>>
>>48322376
That might look nice, good idea.
>>
>>48321917
There are three formations technically, two in the compendium and one in GA:Order. Except for the artillery formation (which is shit), they are too huge and restrictive to be worth their rules.

You absolutely and definitely use one unit of Longbeards, no ifs, no buts. Whether you take another block of Longbeards or fill your other min battleline choice(s) with Warriors is up to you. After that, you will want Irondrakes and Ironbreakers and one unit of Hammerers. Any leftover points will go into Quarrelers/Thunderers and Heroes.
There is absolutely no shame in using legacy rules either, so Burlokson buffing your Thunderers is not just alright, it's recommended.

>>48321982
Well, you might want to think about removing the second Ancient so you can take a Branchwych and the Gnarlroot, as their resurrection spell is superb with all your Kurnoth Hunters. You could also use the Heartwood, but it's kind of iffy whether the unit recycling falls under the summoning clause or the reinforcement clause and aside from that recycling, Heartwood is just not that good.
>>
>>48320061
Looks great anon, but will you be putting more colors on the robes?
>>
Need help with choosing a paint scheme, AGAIN, for my Ironjawz since I cant make up my mind.

Thinking about either doing the black with bone bits, however I am a bit tired of painting black, so I am also thinking about the red and yellow, the orange, the yellow or maybe the blue.
>>
is there any reason not to shove as many starsoul maces as possible into paladin units?
>>
>>48321560
the repeaters are really the only good source of multi-hit rend I have outside swordsmasters or heroes/monsters. I tried to compensate for it by use of "wizard artillery" (mortal wounds from spells and dragonfire) and to give me some shooting options. I'd run ellyrian reavers but I don't have any, and finding plastics from IoB on ebay is proving a pain in the ass.

on the subject of elves, thoughts on glittering host? I don't have a huge number of archers/spearmen, so I'd at most be able to field 2 20-blocks of spears and 2 10-blocks of archers, and they just seem too meh to make the battalion benefits worth it.

>>48321770
see above, repeaters were in there as a source of rend, along with "wizard artillery" for the same problem, thoughts on other ways to handle it? most of what I've got with rend is heroes or 6" infantry that is heavily costed. (10 swordsmasters is 200)
>>
>>48322782
Well that's the dilemma i suppose anon:
>Spirit + Heartwood or Wych, Ancient + Gnarlwood
@ 2.5k i'll either have a g2gfast set of Hunters and Durthu or Magic coming out of my ass, yet limited by 1 spell use per phase
>>
>>48323317
Strictly speaking under ideal conditions a lightning hammer can do more damage, but in reality you'll always want the full number of starsoul maces, yeah.
>>
I have a mostly mortal Chaos army, should my WoK Bloodthirster be the general so he can use his command ability for himself, or should I take someone else that will better support the Bloodbound/Slaves elements of the army?
>>
>>48323317
Depends on the paladins
>Retributors
go nuts, max number
>Protectors
the ranges don't mix. Taking maces means you lose attacks when standing behind a shieldwall of Liberators
>Decimators
never ever. You want them to be horde killers. Fixed amount of damage isn't very conducive to that

>>48323362
Well, Heartwood has the added benefit of you not having to change your list much. And the Free Spirits battalion is amazing, especially for its cost.
>>
>>48323344
>3 fucking dragons
>3 wizards
Truly, you have such trouble with you lack of rend, how would you ever manage?
>>
>>48323317
Decimators and protectors don't want them at all. Retributors want as many as they can get.
>>
>>48323405
I should add that that only refers to retributors. Decimators and protectors have different jobs and can't make much use of them at all.
>>
>>48323471
Heartwood it is
Thanks for helping
>>
>>48323483
chill out, that's why I'm posting it for C&C, I don't have as much experience so overcompensation for perceived weakness is likely.

2 of those dragons are unlikely to see direct combat, or will be fighting weaker units as they do not have a decent save and can easily get punked by other units, (drakeseer and archmage are 5+) hard to believe but that's the case. I'm dubious about their ability to cause enough damage if they're first activation to avoid a counterstrike.

the wizards are the replacement for lack of rend, but since I've not run this list I figured I'd ask and see if it worked for others in practice or if unbinding is prevalent enough I might run into issues there.
>>
>check Season of War results for my store
>Order is the weakest faction there
>Chaos second place
>the lone Destruction player has brawled his faction to second place
I am so proud of those guys. Next week I'll help Chaos win some more games
>>
File: image.jpg (382 KB, 1200x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382 KB, 1200x905
Have they released a unified setting book yet?

I want to learn more about the setting, but the last time I checked, everything was spread out over a ton of books, with very little in the way of a "This is our setting. This is what an Ogor is. This is how the Realms work. Have some history on the world.".

Also, if nothing like that is out yet, is there any idea of when that will come
>>
>>48323652
Not using those dragons in melee is a waste of points. Have them use mobility to hunt warmachines, suport heroes and shooty troops first or tag-team units with your noble on dragon. Activate the drakeseer/archmage first at which your foe must pick between attacking the tough noble in an attempt to bring him down before he attacks, or attack the squishier mage that has already attacked.
You have enough mortal wounds and rend, don't sweat it.
>>
File: gettingstarted.jpg (72 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
gettingstarted.jpg
72 KB, 600x620
>>48323734
I think this is it. Currently up for pre-order.

8$/5£ 96 pages.

>A great introduction to Warhammer Age of Sigmar, this 96-page book contains a wealth of easy-to-follow information and guides welcoming the newcomer to this game system – and the rich and diverse stories it contains.

>Inside This Book

>The Age of Sigmar: this is a history of the war for the mortal realms; a tale of gods and monster, brave heroes and diabolical villains;
>an introduction to the hobby of collecting Citadel miniatures – where to start, what to choose and where to go from there;
>a guide to the Grand Alliances – the four major factions in the war for the mortal realms;
>Great Rivals: in the mortal realms, a fierce battle rages. The Bloodbound and the Stormcast Eternals are the bitterest of rivals, one side fighting to restore order, the other revelling in absolute chaos. Included here is their story!
>2 full guides to painting: a guide to painting Citadel miniatures in general, with explanations of the types of Citadel paint, brushes and their uses; and detailed, specific guides to painting the miniatures from the Warhammer Age of Sigmar starter set;
>2 showcases: some amazing collections of Warhammer Age of Sigmar miniatures sit alongside a variety of stunningly painted individual models by the ‘Eavy Metal team;
>and of course the full rules for playing games or Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Grab some dice and play right away!
>>
>>48323791
Oh wow, eight dollars?

Even if I don't like it it won't be a huge loss as that price.
>>
>>48323791
I saw the getting started box for like, £25(?) when I looked earlier. That's actually...good value.

What has happened to GW? They've got...ideas that aren't terrible.
>>
>>48323791
Is that the book that's included in Storm of Sigmar?
>>
>>48323847
There's small getting started and easy to build boxes up there too, yeah.

There's also bigger boxes for 50£, that are also great value, and they're available for 40k too.

>>48323872
No, that looks to be something different covering Stormcasts and Bloodbound only.
>>
>>48323872
Nope, that's a seperate magazine. It also contains a liberator.
>>
File: 60010299007_StormofSigmarENG01.jpg (58 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
60010299007_StormofSigmarENG01.jpg
58 KB, 600x620
>>48323791
>>48323847
Scratch that, £20.

>>48323872
That book is titled Storm of Sigmar and has a different cover so no. I had to check though.
>>
>>48323847
>What has happened to GW? They've got...ideas that aren't terrible.

New leadership, someone who actually plays the games.
>>
>>48323925
Yeah it was a rhetorical question really. But yes, the change in leadership is exactly what they needed. five years ago..
>>
>>48323940
Better late than never.
>>
>>48319708
>Is it worth doing something because I love it?
Yes
>>48319699
Join the forces of Order, we don't get to play the temptation game very often but the dark side is lying about the cookies.
>>
File: Demoman unemployed.png (145 KB, 304x304) Image search: [Google]
Demoman unemployed.png
145 KB, 304x304
>>48323954
>Finally release points for this shit so people can actually care about their army composition
>Everything is in the warscroll guys! this is all you need to play!
>A-and these alliegience buffs, and this handbook, and don't forget your six new spells and relic items!

And not to mention dropping Sylvaneth right before the season campaign as if that won't blatantly tip it for Order. GW is still shit-tier.

Is anyone even going to bother picking up Bonesplittaz?
>>
>>48323919
I still can't quite get over this box. And also the fact that you can buy each of these unit snap fits separately. I mean, that bodes pretty well for Kairic Acolytes and Tzaangors. It's also damn cheap, the two Retributors are just what you need to make the 3 from the starter set fieldable in Matched and getting more of the great Bloodreaver champion sculpt without paying some bloke on Ebay a small fortune is always great.
>>
>>48324048
It's non essential and costs 15£.

Not going to break the bank, is it?
>>
>>48324048
None of those things are even remotely shit-tier, especially in comparison to what they used to be like.
>>
>>48324048
I will. My stormcast are largely done until GW releases more stuff for them, so I am itching to pick up a new force. The savage monster-hunter angle is pretty cool, and 2 wound horde infantry is fairly unique force on the tabletop.
Also, that greentext seems familiar. At least try to come up with something new when baiting.
>>
File: 1462810254907.jpg (47 KB, 462x525) Image search: [Google]
1462810254907.jpg
47 KB, 462x525
>>48324048
pretty shitty b8 sempai.

The core rules, i.e. everything you NEED to play, IS free. If you're such a WAAC faggot that you cannot live without optional point values and optional bonus abilities, then you'll have to shell out the money for it.
>>
>>48323734
The 1d4chan article seems to sum up all the major events.
>>
File: Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg (175 KB, 1134x1689) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Clan Morbidus.jpg
175 KB, 1134x1689
>>48324126
It's the principle of it. And i'm not just referring to the handbook. I didn't even touch upon the fact that several books are already out of date.

>>48324129
You can celebrate them fucking you over slightly less if you want. Do so with a smile even.

All i'm doing is railing against the 'GW is getting better' meme, for that's all it is. A very nice fantasy to entertain, but it's nothing more than a bullshit dream conjured up by people with more hope than sense
>>
>>48324240
>It's the principle of it. And i'm not just referring to the handbook. I didn't even touch upon the fact that several books are already out of date.

Explain.
>>
>>48324240
Your reasons weren't enough to convince me otherwise, so that's all I've got to go on.
>>
>>48324221
I assume we still only have the one page?
>>
>>48324048
>Is anyone even going to bother picking up Bonesplittaz?

Over here. Crazy, naked tattoed Monster hunters. What's not to love? Gonna start small though with just the Battletome and a Unit of Infantry. Already have the Boss.
>>
>>48324256
He might be talking about the fact that the first few battletomes don't have their own spell lores and artifacts.

I hope that gets updated at some point.
>>
File: Skaven tfw no clan.jpg (129 KB, 958x844) Image search: [Google]
Skaven tfw no clan.jpg
129 KB, 958x844
>>48324192
>Anything i don't like is bait XDD

>>48324153
The monster hunter thing sounds cool sure. But how can what is essentially DLC for Savage Ork players not bother you?

>Tfw opinions are now considered bait

I thought these threads were getting better, what the fuck is this overly defensive mentality that's sprung up? can't handle any criticism against oh so based GW?
>>
>>48324290
Hopefully sooner than later but GW have really improved with their communications and gave in with the 40k Dread FAQ. So hope is not misplaced.
>>
>>48324312
They also want to open a forum again.
>>
>>48324269
It should really be divided up into several pages instead of being a giant blob of a page.
>>
>>48319029

That's amazing, a heart felt smile.

brilliant.
>>
>>48324048
>>48324240
>>48324297
Yes, you sure showed us. We will now all reevaluate our life choices and move away from the evil that is GW. Good job anon. You will forever be remembered as the guy who saved AoS General from its own faggotry. Thank you.
>>
>>48324048

No, I'm still finishing my Hordes of Chaos style army (allegiance and keywords be damned!) then I'm building and painting my friend's 1k size SCE force and helping the gf with her 1k of Seraphon.

After that, I do think know, maybe a small model count, super elite Soulblight army. Or Ironjawz, I admit I just want a Maw Krusha and some megabosses.
>>
File: 12314123.jpg (107 KB, 1163x687) Image search: [Google]
12314123.jpg
107 KB, 1163x687
>>48324297
>But how can what is essentially DLC for Savage Ork players not bother you?

I would love Skryre DLC. Or Moulder. Or Eshin. Or any Skaven DLC really.
>>
I didn't take have a lot if set piece modeks so are any of these worth it monetarily and points-wise; Archaon, Varanguard, Chaos Warshrine, Manticore Lord, Gargant or a Ghorgon/Cygor?
>>
>>48324443
Translation?
>>
>>48324336
I would but I'm cursed, machine spirits reject me.
I lost my email address once (it stopped accepting my password) then my Facebook.
>>
>>48324048
Bonesplittaz lore is the fucking bomb though. I know the wife has a few of the old heroes lying around and a box of savage boar boys, might have to pick up a couple of foot boys myself later.
>>
>>48324297
I've not played orcs before, so I couldn't give any less of a shit. I have always liked the models, but couldn't be bothered to pick them up, since I don't like the rest of the greenskins very much. But now I've got a reason to do so.
In addition, why does the additional content bother you so much? I for one am glad to get more fluff and additional rules.
>but money
I don't care. I didn't care that now the rules are free, either. If I cannot afford a 20€ book once every once in a while I am clearly in the wrong hobby, given the overall costs involved here.
>but out of date
Well, shit, books in tabletop become out of date, what do you know? That's a big fucking surprise.
My Brets were like three editions out of date and I still had a hoot with them.
>>
>>48324443
Might want to try that again, mate?

>>48324319
Oh dear. That'll work out well...
>>
File: Really now.png (134 KB, 372x334) Image search: [Google]
Really now.png
134 KB, 372x334
>>48324382
>getting this asspained over humble expressions
>implying i said GW were evil as opposed to merely unchanging.

Not even baiting and you're getting flustered as fuck. Projecting this hard will do that to a person i guess.

If you're waiting for some silver-tongued liberator on 4chan of all places to free you from your own ignorance then you're lost already. You shine on, and i guess thanks for all those (You)'s.
>>
Oh wow, just noticed that Lord-Relictor Ramos (in the audio dramas) when praying to Sigmar is actually speaking a bastardized english-sounding version of norwegian! Something like "Kallar Sigmars vrede!" Basically " I call upon Sigmar's wrath!"
>>
>>48324653
That's neat.
>>
Seeing as the other gods of the realms have minis, when is Sigmar gonna get rules and a mini?
>>
>>48324696
when Gorkamorka and Sotek get one
>>
So any news about that Season One Finale in pdf yet?
>>
>>48324490
>>48324532

>I do not have any set piece models for my Army, are any of these worth my time?
>>
>>48324443
If I had to pick one thing out of that list I'd get a warshrine. Some nice buffs for nearby units, but even better it works across the Chaos allegiance, not just Slaves to Darkness, and can buff single-god armies too. And not too expensive (money or points) either.
>>
File: savage-Orruks-crop.jpg (66 KB, 514x428) Image search: [Google]
savage-Orruks-crop.jpg
66 KB, 514x428
Is any of the Bonesplitterz stuff new? Even "new" like the undead unit that was just a mixing of parts?
>>
>>48325053
No, the only "newnesss" is that what were certain weapon loadouts are now different units entirely. Savage orks with two hand weapons, for example, now have their own rules as a specialised monster killing unit.
>>
Could someone please post the points for StD chaos and legacy chaos? I'm on my phone and it won't let me access sendspace.
>>
Can any kind anons post Realm of Fire maps?
>>
Do we have any etiquette agreed upon for updating on the campaign? As of this post Order still holds all 3 sight. Should we add a update to the OP of each thread? Say when there is a change? Or ignore it?
www.seasonofwar.games-workshop.com/
>>
>>48324920
Archaon is beastly powerful, but has a shit model.
Warshrine is good, cheap utility, but the model is skub.
Manticore Lord is fairly weak for a big unit, but is cheap and has a nice sculpt.
Gargant is good fun, but not terribly competetive.
>>
File: 55132415.jpg (484 KB, 780x1144) Image search: [Google]
55132415.jpg
484 KB, 780x1144
I think I broke the game or at least my friends Sylvaneth spirit today.

>Skaven Engine Coven
>Rattlegauge Coven
>12 Jezzails
>Arch Warlock as General
>Has the Lord of War Trait (this adds +1 to ALL HIT ROLLS)
>Coven lets the Jezzails shoot twice per turn
>Making them effectively 24 shots of 3+/3+/-2/2 on 30" with rerollable 1s and every 5 and 6 on hit resulting in 2 direct mortal wounds

I shit you not I fucking DELETED Allarielle in my first round of shooting. This is absolute bonkers.
>>
>>48325224
>manticore
>nice sculpt
nigga, you high?
>>
>>48325333
What are your battle-line units exactly?
>>
>>48324297
Because that's how AoS is structured, and if you're buying into the game at all then you're presumably fine with it?

I mean how long have you had to figure out that the only free part are the basic rules for the game and the units themselves are free? I don't know why this bothers you now of all times, given that you're getting more content now with your purchase than before.
>>
>>48325540
2x3 Stormfiends and one 5 man Skryre Acoyltes.

I just mathed it a little bit, with halfways average rolls you can kill Archaon without cover or mystical shield with that unit.
>>
>>48322064
if you have spare Leader & Behemoth keywords, then an Empire General (greathammer?) is a lovely kit & well worth its points/$, if you fluff your own guy then you can give him Artefacts like the Quicksilver potion that let's him attack first, even on an opponent's turn, & his Rousing Battlecry Command Ability would work nice on a charging unit of knights.

& then Freeguild Handgunners are a bargain as cheap supporting Battleline units (give the marksman a Long Rifle to snipe with!)

Demigryphs are fun to paint, but unlike 8th Ed. are no longer auto-includes. Demi's are nice with a Collegiate Arcane Battlemage buffing their To-Wound.
>>
What would be best, color-wise for a tzeentch warband? Dark blue armor plate with yellow or red cloth or green-blue steel (30k alpha legion style) and maybe purple cloth?
>>
>>48324696
After the Forgeworld 30k Emperor.
Sigmar doesn't fight no more atm. But since AoS has a moving Storyline that may change in the future. I'm more hyped about Malerion as an Elf Shadow Dragon Mutant. Shoulld be neat.
>>
File: StD.jpg (906 KB, 3828x2517) Image search: [Google]
StD.jpg
906 KB, 3828x2517
>>48325125
>>
So, with the approaching point cost I am writing a first draft for a skaven tactica for 1d4chan. Would you guys care to read over it once I got done with the first draft?
>>
>>48325948
Sure, I'm considering at least starting on one for the new highborn factions, but nearly all my experience is eldritch council/order draconis
>>
>>48318832
According to Alan Bligh, we can expect to see more Firmir as time goes on.
>>
>>48325830
Thanks! That would give me a tzeentch/beast list of
Lord on foot - 100
Exalted hero - 80
Sorcerer - 140
Dragon ogres - 160
Dragon ogres - 160
Chaos warriors - 180
Chaos warriors - 180
For a 1000 pt list.
For 1,5k add a hellcannon and a warshrine, 500 total, and 2k list add
Chosen - 160
Knights - 200
Gorebeast - 100
Is this too tame, or will it work in any way shape or form?
>>
>>48325948
>>48325993
Sure, post it here for us to tear into.
>>
>>48326037
That's a bit vague, haven't you got anything firmir?
>>
>>48325948
Yes, please. Take the Skaven article, give it some actual tactical remarks and fix the fucking grammar. The existing article is so godawful I can't even bring myself to edit it. Make that one decent, please.
>>
>>48318870
you set aside a point value on your list and can summon whatever you want to summon with it as long as it is within the point range.

example you reserve 500 points

you can either summon a 1 500 point unit
or 2x 100 + 1x 300 etc.
>>
>>48326039
I like. The 1000 point list gets you some heavy "cav", decent core of infantry (hide the Exalted Hero in one of those blobs) and the excellent Chaos Sorcerer Lord.
For the 1500, I'd suggest leaving the Warshrine and immediately adding the Chosen. Chosen are incredible. They are killy and they dish out a nice buff. In fact, I wonder if leaving 3 Dragon Ogres and taking the Chosen in 1000 points wouldn't be a good idea.
>>
>>48325798
So is Malekith happy about becoming an otherkin or not?
>>
>>48326235
Apparently he fused with his Black Dragon and is the Lord of Ulgu, God of Shadows.
>>
>>48324401
I'd fuck that skaven.
>>
So, Nurgle list anon here, thought up a new list. The idea this time is to give some faster cannon fodder to run in front of the (surprisingly fragile) Blightkings. Adding some Brayherd also lets me run a Chaos Allegiance, giving me access to all those sweet allegiance bonuses:

>Harbinger of Decay (Great Destroyer, Chaos Runeblade)
>Chaos Sorcerer Lord
>10 Gors w/ double weapons
>10 Ungors
>10 Putrid Blightkings
>3 Plague Drones
= 1000 points flat

The (Un)Gors with their run+charge musicians run forward as fast as possible, the Harbinger moves in a way that allows him to keep the Gors, Drones and Blightkings within his auras.
>>
>>48325333
Damn, that's a pretty incredible comp.
>>
>>48320061

Just want to point out to other anons that this is the dudes first model .... fucking hell man it looks great.

I'm wondering, did you undercoat him in black or white? Normally i've been spraying them black but i'm wondering if i might do white just to make the green skin pop more.
>>
File: orruk1.jpg (179 KB, 983x1092) Image search: [Google]
orruk1.jpg
179 KB, 983x1092
>>48320061

Sweet as shit, love the brazier.

I just started mine today as well, face in next pic

1/2
>>
File: orruk2.jpg (171 KB, 967x752) Image search: [Google]
orruk2.jpg
171 KB, 967x752
>>48326601

>I've seen some shit

Loving this model 2/2
>>
How do you counter these?
>>
>>48326230
So say I kick out 3 ogres for the chosen, that would give me a hella unshiftable brick with tzeentch keyword, should I rather mount the sorc and have him ride behind the ogres for demonic power + thunderstrike and oracular visions? It would make them quite killy as well.
>>
>>48326642
Shoot the little rat on the back. It's their weak spot.
>>
>>48325333
Okay, just curious. How do you combine Rattlegauge and Chaos allegiance? Because no Skryre unit can be Battleline in an army that'd allow you to take Lord of War. So you'd either have to take a fucking tiny Clan Skryre (which you didn't with your 12 Jezzails) and a bunch of Chaos-universal Battlelines or some part of that list is illegal.
>>
File: 1377528198536.gif (639 KB, 200x152) Image search: [Google]
1377528198536.gif
639 KB, 200x152
Hey guys, i've got my first mob of 5 brutes to start my ironjawz. I really don't know what weapon set up is considered good though, or if both is acceptable for different situations? Anything obvious i should avoid? Can i have a mixed squad of jagged gore hakkas and brute choppas? I'm presuming the klaw is a safe bet for the boss but then i don't know, i've never played a game and i mainly want to collect just to get back into a hobby but it would be nice if i didnt build a squad of total shitters.
>>
>>48326683
I'd say keep the Sorcerer behind the brick. Have him buff the Chosen so they'll be more likely to do damage, thus in turn making it more likely for your other stuff to do damage.
The lightning spell for your Dragon Ogres has 20" range, so don't fret over being out of range.

Btw, of course the mounted Chaos Sorcerer is better, but you'd have to convert the model unless you have one of the ancient models lying around.
>>
>>48326852
The Klaw is a really fun option for the boss, and I recommend taking it. For the rest of the squad I ended up going 2x dual wielding, 2x hackas. This way when I position them, I can keep the 2x hackas behind the others for piling in. You can have different weapons on each model in a unit in sigmar, just make sure you roll them separately. Also, usually dual wielding weapons will just give you a special effect, otherwise it will be listed as its own weapon. Dual wielding weapons never lets you use the weapon twice, unless stated on the warscroll (never)
>>
>>48326852
The gore hackas look awesome, but are fucking useless compared to the choppas and no, you can't mix, it says "some units of X have Y while other units have Z". You can only mix if it says "some MODELS of X have Y while others have Z".
The giant choppa is always recommended. The claw/smasha combo is recommended for the boss, as all your extra attack buffs target both those weapons, thus making that combo a lot better in the long run.
>>
>>48326852
Mixed squads are not allowed, but you should always take the boss' special weapon as a general rule - it tends to be much better than the default weapon!
>>
>>48326039
>>48326230
Isn't it just free to put the Sorcerer Lord on a mount? I mean you get an additional attack and extra movement if you do so.
>>
>>48326859
I do have ancient chaos sorcerers! But they are all on foot... (The 5-6 old metal ones from the 90's they used to sell)
>>
>>48326917
Yes, it is free. But the clampack of the Sorcerer comes without a horse, so you'd have to convert the model on your own, for example with a Marauder Horseman and Sorcerer parts. So most people take the easier route and make do with the footslogging version.
Also, ignore the extra weapon profile, the Sorcerer Lord is shit in melee, even with all three melee profiles.
>>
>>48326906
>>48326902
>>48326895

Thank you guys, that cleared it up!
>>
So how exactly do hornblowers/stand bearers/drummers work? Here is the text from Chaos Warriors:

"A unit of Chaos Warriors has 10 or more
models. Some units wield either Chaos
Hand Weapons or Halberds and carry
Chaos Runeshields. Some units eschew
defence, hefting double-handed Chaos
Greatblades or entering battle with a Chaos
Hand Weapon in each hand."

Pretty straight forward. The entire unit either uses shields, dual wields, or uses 2h weapons. But then the text for standard bearers reads:

"Models in this unit may be Standard
Bearers. If the unit includes any Standard
Bearers, add 1 to the Bravery of all
itsmodels."

So does a standard bearer also have a weapon? Why would you not just always have a standard bearer. I'm confused.
>>
>>48326642
probably with heavy infantry and rend weapons, with some kind of method for save-after-save (can we get an agreed wording for that? Feel no pain from 40k seems to fit well, and ward already exists as a term)

stuff like phoenix guard could wear them down, or something like paladins with monster-hunting weapons.
>>
>>48327057
They have a weapon, and you should always take one. It's a free bonus. Easy.
>>
so anons, I've been reading through the leaks, and referring back to warscrolls, and some of the warscroll battalions require units that don't have a points cost listed, because they have been adapted to new subfactions. wat do?
common sense says use old warscroll new unit cost, since there are usually minimal differences, but it still seems odd to me that the GH would have that kind of wierdness without addressing it
>>
>>48327057
Yes, musicians and standard bearers also get the weapon. And yes, you'd always want one. Theoretically you'd want nothing but musicians and standard bearers but that'd look like shit.

The ONLY model that does not get a regular weapon when it takes a banner is the Orc Warboss whose banner has its own weapon profile.

>>48326642
depends on the weapon. Poison Wind? Ignore em, horrible damage output. Shock Gauntlets? Kill the inevitable Packmaster behind them. Warpfire? Keep your distance. Warp Grinders? Bubblewrap your important shit. Ratlings? Roll over, present your lubed up asshole and pray to Lady Luck that he rolls horribly for them.
>>
File: faq.png (26 KB, 468x166) Image search: [Google]
faq.png
26 KB, 468x166
>>48327057
From the FAQ, so yeah always have a standard bearer
>>
>>48327142
>>48327172
Good to know! Thanks guys
>>
>>48326859
So a brick of Chaos Lord, Exalted Hero, Sorcerer, 5 Chosen and 20 Warriors to bash in the heads of anyone who comes close, and 3 Dragon ogres to nab objectives/counter cavalry, with extra points to add on a shrine for rerollling saves and a hellcannon to punish dangerous enemies. Yeah, I can roll with that.
>>
>>48327057
Yes, you should always standard bearers and musicians in your units.

I'm assuming it's sort of awkward that way because GW wanted to avoiding making the upgrade models irrelevant, but didn't want to go backwards in design by making them cost extra. Beyond autists, I don't think anyone would ever give you shit for just including their bonuses into the unit stats itself.
>>
>>48327236they'll probably FAQ it by saying only 1 model may be each from a unit, so that there is some tactics around keeping them safe for continued bonuses.
>>
File: image.png (5 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 1536x2048
>>48326895
>you can mix weapons
Telling lies on the internet? Who'd do that?
>>
>>48327256
>tactics around keeping them safe for continued bonuses.

just don't pick them when you choose which models are slain?
>>
>>48327279
He probably got them confused with Ardboys, who can mix and match.
>>
>>48327306
It isn't that simple. If you place them wrong, you might have to choose between keeping your standard bearer safe and making sure an enemy unit cannot shoot you. Or, more commonly, you'd have to choose between removing your standard bearer and being close enough for an unpleasant unit to be able to pile in with you.
>>
Bought the Stormcast half of the starter box today as well as a Knight Venator (split the contents of a Silver Tower expansion box).

I am just trying to get up to 1000pt so I can play something besides Seraphon - all my opponents are getting sick of losing to my lizards.

What's the easiest way to get 2 more Retributors, preferably with Starsoul maces?
>>
>>48327414
>2 more Retributors
this coming Saturday, a box with exactly 2 Retributors comes out.
>preferably with Starsoul maces
unfortunately not with those, though
>>
>>48327395
buy this
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Easy-to-Build-Stormcast-Eternals-Retributors

or buy a starter set of retributors from a bits seller or ebay

Then make your own starsoul maces. Use some bits, be creative, paint them differently. They can be counts-as starsoul maces

Or buy a box of paladins and use the starsoul maces in it on the 2 retributors, and make the box of paladins into protectors or decimators, because neither of those really work well with the starsoul maces.
>>
>>48327484

>being so autistic you won't let your opponent just say 'yeah they're maces' with the existing hammer models

Why is this so hard for everyone to accept?
>>
File: 20160511_061500_0.jpg (910 KB, 2060x3235) Image search: [Google]
20160511_061500_0.jpg
910 KB, 2060x3235
So i got some skaven from Battle of the blood isle and im pretty new too AOS, i was thinking of sharing the starter box of it with a friend me getting chaos and he getting the stormcast, so do the units play well with skaven or should i just run pure skaven?
>>
>>48327523
>yeah I just decided the model you just killed wasn't the mace after all, I mean they all look the same way anyway, sorry not sorry, deal with it
yeah, because that's totally fair
>>
>>48327523
There is no autism about it. It's just being courteous to your opponent. The unique looking hammers in the unit are the starsoul maces.

I wouldn't use a platoon of guardsmen and point to a single lasgun guy and tell my opponent it's a meltagun, and expect him, or myself, to remember it.

It's just table etiquette. Besides most tournaments or events will want wysiwyg. Even with wysiwyg you can have counts-as, but having unique hammer bits for starsouls is an easier sell than just 2 of the lightning hammers.
>>
>>48327571
Beyond both sharing the Chaos keyword there'll be very little interaction between both forces. Bloodbound *really* like their Khorne keyword, even more so if there's also the Mortal keyword, neither of which Skaven have.
>>
Getting into AoS with 2000 points of DAelvs
Lets be good while also being completely evil

Heroes
Dreadlord on Dragon
Lance and Shield
340 pts
Sorceress
100 pts
Sorceress
100 pts

Battleline
x20 bleakswords
200 pts
x20 bleakswords
200 pts
x20 Dreadspears
160 pts

Other
x10 Executioners
200 pts
Drakespawn Chariot
100 pts
x10 Drakespawn Knights
320 pts
War Hydra
240 pts

Total: 1960 pts
>>
>>48327571
Both skaven and chaos heroes can give bonuses to their units via their command abilities - however, skaven buffs are often only able to buff skaven units, and chaos buffs are often only allowed to buff chaos units. As such, it's often better to have an army of one "type." That said, there's nothing to stop you from mixing factions for additional versatility, but be aware that they won't synergise so well.
>>
File: 1460842812730.png (158 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1460842812730.png
158 KB, 512x384
>>48327601

You play against people that act like this?
>>
>>48327657
I heard Nurgle and skaven are best friends this time around, antything special there?
>>
>>48327571
Well nurgle units have good synergy with clan pestilence, but seeing as none of those units are included in BoBI this whole post is slightly irrelevant I guess.
>>
>>48327601

>can't mark on their base what they are

Stop being lazy and/or playing against cheaters, anon.
>>
>>48327627

Retributor units don't have so many models that its difficult to track who is what. Also >>48327715
>>
>>48327682
Well, Nurgle and Pestilens Skaven have some synergy, though synergy here means "they don't kill each other as fast as they kill anything else".
>>
>>48327601

>I know these guys all look the same but this one here has a mace
This one here? <points>
>Yeah that one
put this token on his base please
>Ok

I mean come on....
>>
>>48327696
Uhm, Blood Isle has some Plague Monks iirc.
>>
Anybody know whether you can make two or just one big stabba out of one savage orc box?
>>
>>48327769
No it dident
>>
>>48327523
well you know he did imply you could just paint one of the hammers uniquely to differentiate it

i usually plan these things in advance. buy two boxes of units, paint one sergeant with a red hat or whatever, put the two units together and he's still the sergeant, the other one isn't.

easy peezy and no one can call shenanigans 'cuz i wrote it down at the start.
>>
>>48327752
That may be for you, but some people just enjoy keeping things wysiwyg, and there's nothing wrong with that. The original anon asked for some suggestions so I gave him some. It seems like you are more attacking people who like to keep wysiwyg, calling it 'autistic', which is a rather stupid way of looking at it.
>>
>>48327780

That is true. Sorry to be so obnoxious about it, I've had people get pissy about conversions I've done in the past ('Its a Chaos Marine power fist! It doesn't count as a Space Marine power fist even though you sanded off the chaos symbols and sculpted on Chapter iconography!') so its something of a raw nerve for me. Plus you'll only ever have 1 unless you're fielding a unit of 10, but I find 10+ units of SCE to be way too unwieldy personally.
>>
>Do you wanna play with the new points system?
>"Na, just go freeform"
>So I'll put my khrone "daemonkin" on the table.
>"Whoa, who said you could put so many powerful models on the table?!"

I wish people would make up their fucking minds.
>>
>>48327858

Common sense takes place over wysiwyg

>these three night goblins are actually 3 star drakes
>fuck off

>One of these hammers is a mace, I'll token the model
>ok

If I was playing someone who protested me portraying a single weapon in the unit as something else because wysiwyg i'd pack my stuff up.
>>
File: 1468772723519.jpg (693 KB, 2840x933) Image search: [Google]
1468772723519.jpg
693 KB, 2840x933
Here is another anon's work. As far as i know these are just the starter set rets, and he used some of his dwarf bits to scratchbuild counts-as maces. That's part of the fun of the hobby.

I would rather play against this than 2 retributors with pieces of putty on them. It's all part of player etiquette and immersion.
>>
>>48327948
I play in some WYSIWYG tournaments so it's important that I get 2 more Retributors with Starsoul Maces.

How many Starsoul Maces does a box of Paladins come with?
>>
>>48327961
Yeah those are mine. I have since made another dragonhammer for the one on far right. I originally made these back when one warscroll said starsoul maces are 1 in 5 and another said 2 in 5. Once it was later clarified, I like to keep WYSIWYG so I built another one. It's just my personal preference.

>>48328052
There are 2 in the box. Like another anon said, use those 2 on the starter set retributors, and make the box of paladins into protectors or decimators.
>>
>>48328052
Two per box.
Which did lead to endless discussions when some warscrolls allowed two maces, but others only allowed for one. Thank fuck that's been cleared up.
>>
If i'm reading this correctly all Heroes count as a Leader in Matched Play?
>>
>>48328107
>Thank fuck that's been cleared up.

Which way did the clear up go?
>>
>>48328163
Two won out.
>>
>>48327961
how did he do the winged bits behind the head, might ally these guys with my dorfs + a knight Vellixor...
>>
File: retributors_all.jpg (326 KB, 1706x663) Image search: [Google]
retributors_all.jpg
326 KB, 1706x663
>>48328412
Those are little icon bearer bits from the dwarf warriors kit. I put them on in place of the little reliquary bits that you stick on their backs.
>>
Is there any reason to take Chaos Warriors without Runeshields when they're your Battleline? Yes not having to pay for the weapon upgrades is an excuse.
>>
File: Sigmar, no!.jpg (82 KB, 721x586) Image search: [Google]
Sigmar, no!.jpg
82 KB, 721x586
How should I equip my Chaos Knights, gents?
>>
>>48327771
Looks like two according to the GW page.
>>
>>48328548
Aw shit, I looked at that picture for a minute and only saw one, thank you mang
>>
>>48328548
Makes sense. The old box was 10 orcs, with 1 set of big stabba bits. The new kit is essentially it doubled.

BTW, how much did the old kit cost?
>>
>>48328690
£15.60 I think
>>
>>48328882
how much was that in burger bucks? because they didn't follow the exchange rate, especially now.
>>
>>48328882

£18.
>>
If you have multiple Heroes with command abilities can only one of them use theirs per Hero phase?
>>
>>48328949
Yes. Only the general can use a command ability (either from his warscroll, or the battleplan, or the basic one from the rules) and only once per turn. And only one of your models can be the general.
>>
Thundertusk or stonehorn?
>>
Are Skullcrushers not worth taking? I have three from back during 8th edition, debating if I should use them as a unit or just turn one into a Juggerlord.
>>
>>48329043
wait until their faction gets the next update, because their warscroll is likely to change.
>>
>>48329043
can the stonehorn deal a nearly guaranteed 6 mortal wounds in every shooting phase?

build the thundertusk and never look back
>>
>>48327155
anyone care to weigh in on this?
>>
>>48328918

$21.50
>>
>>48320139
>>48320550

Damn. i really did want to go mass bow man
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.