[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imperium Asunder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: ukvT5Qa.jpg (277 KB, 1024x975) Image search: [Google]
ukvT5Qa.jpg
277 KB, 1024x975
Super-Catachan Edition
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder

It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Galaxy has been beset by strife and torn by war. The Emperor, who had once dreamed of uniting the Galaxy under His banner, is long dead. Half of the Primarchs, his demigod sons turned against him, and in a climactic battle on Terra the Emperor was cast down. With his death, Terra was consumed by a Warpstorm and half the Imperium fell forever under the shadow of Chaos.

The Dark Imperium reigns in the ring of Segmentum Solar, where the watchful Eyes of the Warmaster consume the souls of the weak. A 1984 state of utter madness where groupthink doesn't even begin to describe things. The Warmaster's agents could be anywhere, and you can be sure they are watching you at all times. Dark foundries churn out metric gigatons of munitions for the Long War, Temples to the Gods of Chaos are found on every street and Daemons lurk in the shadows. Those who grow tired or too weak to work are never heard from again. Those who ask questions are never heard from again. Those who deviate, those who hesitate, all who are doubted even a hair, are never heard from again. Men who whisper dark rumors about the dark things that happen to those who are never heard from again, are never heard from again.

Surrounding the 'ordered' heartland of the Dark Imperium is the Chaos Marches, a screaming anarchy comprising hundreds of chaos warlord states. Some are ruled by Veterans of the Long War that still wear the colors of their legions, but most are ruled by warbands of outcasts, exiles and dissidents with their own ways. Some of these states may last for centures or millenia, while others rise and fall in a matter of years. The borders between them are constantly shifting as Warlords rise and fall. The citizens of this area live in permanent fear that the Angels of Hell may come from the skies to reap and enslave, to sacrifice and feast.
>>
From last thread:

Falk knew not what crime the populace of DrĂ¼gal 6 had committed, only that they had incurred the warmaster's wrath. Their commissar had led Falk's squad in prayer to the Four before the battle so that they may survive to bring glory to the Warmaster and sight to His eyes. Imperial Army soldiers were taught that the enemies of the Imperium were disorganized and disheveled, but their foes on that day wore uniforms and seemed to have the demeanor of professional soldiers. Falk had assumed they would be ill-equipped, but that was before half of his squad were wiped out by a burst from a heavy bolter emplacement as they tried to storm a dug in position. His faith in the Four and the Warmaster was bolstered when he saw meteors rocket to the surface from space and the commissar told him that his squad would be able to say that they had fought alongside the Warmaster's own angels.

The commissar was dead now, torn to shreds by the guns of the angels as he had strode out to meet them. With the angels was a mechanical monstrosity that roared with a fury that shook the earth and forced Falk to the ground, holding his ears and howling in pain. Falk watched as the support chimera was torn in half by the massive sword wielded by the metal monster, as the angels smote his squad with bolter-fire. Falk could not move as he was held in the cold metallic embrace of a massive power claw, his faith in the Four well and truly fled. The last thing Falk did was ask for an explanation for the angels' actions, and the last thing he felt was terror at the answer.
"We are the angels of the true Emperor. This world has been returned to His light, and the chains of the Warmaster have been cast off. The punishment for treason is purgation."
"Death to the false Imperium!"
>>
Previous thread: >>48215957
>>
File: Captain Gaspar.png (32 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
Captain Gaspar.png
32 KB, 201x281
Also from last thread: 1/2

Captain Gaspar Armistead stood on the embarcation deck of the Executioner, flagship of the 46th expeditionary fleet, and personal vessel to Balthasar the Bloody. The Gloriana class ship floated elegantly in high orbit above the planet 46-8. 46 because of the fleet which discovered it, and 8 because it was the 8th world discovered by that fleet. Gaspar's men had taken to calling the planet Octarius, and now that the Remembrancers had heard it, the name was likely to stick. Gaspar himself stood on a gantry overlooking the rows of Thunderhawk dropships filling the deck. His armor was the deep red of wet blood. Speckles of dried blood, deliberately left uncleaned, made a camoflage pattern across the red plate. He wore no helm, instead favoring an eye-mounted auspex. Strong across the top of his power pack and over his shoulder was a long black cloak made of fine, dagger-sharp quills. On his equipment belt were two blades, one crimson, and one black. The crimson blade was a sawtoothed beast, three feet long and with a chainblade which could tear a man apart in seconds. The black sword was simple thing, its blade apparently of knapped flint, and its hilt of unpolished gold.
>>
File: 1435695022248.jpg (229 KB, 1680x902) Image search: [Google]
1435695022248.jpg
229 KB, 1680x902
>>48267990
2/2
Gaspar came to this gantry every time a ship launched, or near enough. He liked to marvel at the sheer audacity of it all. Their ship, and thousands of support vessels, had been parked above 46-8 for six years, and showed no signs of leaving. The planet below was an unending mountain range, with each peak climbing higher than the last. In the steep valleys between the mountains, however, lived billions of brutal Ork xenos, green monstrosities the size of an Astartes with an insane lust for war. In that way, Gaspar supposed, the Bloodhounds and the Orks were alike. Thunderbirds deployed down to the surface of the world in squadrons, dropping off companies of marines on their three week hunting expeditions. When they returned, they would bring back trophies of the hunt: Ork teeth strung along wires, weapons of the enemy, and even, if the marine were boastful enough, the decapitated heads of the foe. Gaspar had seen and liberated dozens of worlds which the foul greenskins had torn asunder, terrorizing the human populace for centuries. But here, on this crinkled ball of a world, the Bloodhounds hunted them for sport.
>>
>>48266540
Oh yeah, about Catachan. I had it written earlier in a pastebin that Saul Sheridan had the whole planet burned to ash with Phosphex, turning the toxic jungle deathworld into a toxic desert deathworld but with basically the same levels of badass potential deathworld recruits and monsters.
>>
>>48268084
>burned to ash with Phosphex
within 2 years its back to where it started, now with fire immunity - thanks Sheridan.
>>
File: 1417215425300.jpg (344 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
1417215425300.jpg
344 KB, 1200x812
>>48268001
3/4 i wrote more

The voxcasters lining the walls of the deck crackled to life, jostling Captain Gaspar out of his ruminations. The mechanical voices of a thousand speakers all spoke in unison, "A fleet has entered the system. All hands, all hands, a fleet has entered the system. Await orders as the fleet enters auspex range." The marines below stood in bemusement, unsure if they should continue boarding. The Captain, however, acted with knife-like certainty. "Disembark and muster on decks. Whether they are friend or foe, they will board us, and we must be prepared for it. Gear-check all chainswords and get your breacher shields." A holo-display on Gaspar's eyepiece informed him he was summoned to the bridge. "I am summoned to the Hunting Lodge, brothers, see to your orders."
>>
File: U90qt5w.jpg (111 KB, 1593x714) Image search: [Google]
U90qt5w.jpg
111 KB, 1593x714
>>48268439
4/4

The Captain climbed up the many passageways of the ship to it's command center, the Hunting Lodge. It was a massive circular chamber with a hololithic windowed dome, through which one could see the surface of 46-8. On the walls of the chamber were arrayed thousands of trophies of war. Rows of ork heads, monstrous talons of the megarachnids, and countless trophies of the myriad beasts of a thousand worlds. Arranged against the many taxedermied trophies hung the thousands of weapons taken from the many worlds who had surrendered before the might of Balthasar's Bloodhounds. In the center of the chamber stood six men, wearing power armor as Gaspar did. They were his brother captains of the Warpack, highest and greatest officers of the legion. One among them was absent, as Captain Blackburn was on expedition with his soldiers on the planet below. Each of Gaspar's brothers was armed as he was, with crimson chainsword and black flint blade.
>>
Anon wandering what exactly this is, looks cool as fuck
>>
File: my go it's full of stars.jpg (7 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
my go it's full of stars.jpg
7 KB, 250x251
>>48267333
>loyalist marines screaming "Death to the false emperor!"

This setting rules.
>>
>>48268399
Not true, Phosphex is worse for the enviroment than radiation or any other poison the Imperium has. It seeks out movement too, so it could get into every nook and cranny.
>>
>>48268670
I thought it was just white phosphorous. I should really download a 30k book one of these days.
>>
>>48268670
>fire and radiation immunity.

you're only making it stronger!
>>
>>48268771
I mean, yeah. They basically just all became desert creatures. So instead of your Catachan devils hiding in the undergrowth, they're just under the shifting sands.

>>48268698
Phosphex has the capacity to burn without oxygen and with next to no fuel source. It is capable of burning underwater (being also able to set water alight) and can burn through solid rock, adamantium, and ceramite. Known as the 'living fire', 'crawling death' and 'ice-fire' due to its attraction to movement and sub-zero burning temperature, once unleashed the green cloud of Phosphex expands exponentially, burning everything in its path. The taint of Phosphex residue is far more enduring even than radiation from nuclear fallout, rendering any area exposed to its touch uninhabitable. During the Great Crusade, not even the Death Guard would use it in any but the most extreme circumstances, and even then only on the order of the Legion's most senior commanders.
>>
>>48268827
Wouldn't it then just literally burn the entire planet up?

It needs no oxygen, and (almost) no fuel. So when does it stop? It burns everything so it would continue to burn until only it was left no?
>>
>>48268827
>They basically just all became desert creatures.

We already have Tallarn thanks.
>>
>>48268892
Tallarn only became a desert because the Iron Warriors virus bombed it during the Heresy. Which, I now realize, makes this whole Second Sons doing it thing kind of derivative. Though they do it for totally different reasons.

>>48268878
It goes out when the actual phosphex chemical is all burned away. It still lights regular stuff on fire, but that obviously will go out normally.
>>
>>48268878
>Wouldn't it then just literally burn the entire planet up?
Yes. Like the Red Death virus bombs, it's a weapon designed to exterminate all life.
>>
>>48268975
I mean, like the planet itself. As in where once was a planet, now there is no longer a planet.
>>
>>48269002
Once the phosphex runs out there's no more fire.
>>
>>48269002
Lexicanum implies that it needs carbon to burn.
>>
File: image.jpg (394 KB, 760x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
394 KB, 760x1000
No death for the weary souls of this blasted place. Not yet.
>>
File: 5684925142_51e6acbbb4_o.jpg (3 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
5684925142_51e6acbbb4_o.jpg
3 MB, 5184x3456
slow thread is slow
>>
>>48270598
Is this the Asura/Tiger Claws or whatever from last thread? Did you draw this yourself?
>>
>>48270812
Naw, they're just a homebrew chapter I've been working on for a long while. I got that done in a drawthread a few months back. I have no artistic talent or skill.
>>
>>48270862
we should get a drawfag in here
>>
>>48271196

If you could ever find the guy who illustrated all the Hektort Heresy Primarchs that would be a massive boon for you.
>>
Unyielding, unwavering, undying.
>>
With the unpopular/controversial decision to make Catachan an ash wasteland might I suggest a failed exterminates of Catachan that turned it into Ash Hell for all of 3 months before it reverted back to Greenhouse Hell.

Maccragge could have been give the BURN ALL OFTHE THINGS treatment. Maccragge is no Arrakis. For added Dune influence have it house the biggest concentration of Navigator Houses in the eastern half of the galaxy.

Catachan is where the forces of the Dark Imperium got to make a name for themselves. If they can survive any real amount of time on the surface then they are hard as fuck and everyone knows it. They have to contend with the dinosaurs, ants, diseases, carnivorous trees, everything is poisonous or venomous or predatory, exploding toads, mutants, ancient feral tyrannid breeds, big flying things that carry off cows, spiders the size of cars, orkoids of every variation, ogyrn, psychic ogyrns, the most unlucky gene-stealer cults in the galaxy, ork gene-stealers (bug boyz) and worst of all the humans.

It's also suspected that the planet may have some sort of weak hive mind going on. Nothing ever proven.

The Catachan Shaman are also known to summon deamons. Unlike the forces of Chaos who lure and bribe and make deals with otherworldly things the Catachan psykers beat the shit out of the deamons with mind bullets until the thing learns who is wearing the pants in this relationship. Their attitude is that deamons should know their place and come when called.

This makes Catachans prized allies and mercenaries. Problem is that once they start fighting it becomes difficult to get them to stop.

When they see that you needed their help they see you as weak and they challenge you for the right to rule.

This has led to a number of interplanetary catachan empires. None lasting more than about 30 years at most. Lasting effects of catachan on an interstellar scale is the propagation of their Small Gods faith and the spread of Catachan genetic material.
>>
>>48273145
I believe that Macragge has been renamed and is the capital of Imperiun Minorum.
>>
>>48273318
Any other famous planets in that part of space we could make into Arrakis?

Tellaran this time round is a walled garden and jewel of the Kor Protectorate.
>>
>>48273348
Does it have to be in the galactic east? Tallarn is in the Unyielding Vigil near the firewall. You could also just make your own planet.
>>
>>48273145
Regardless of whether or not it will actually be Catachan that is permanently a desert, it should have to be a planet that is similarly notable for it's life/verdant nature. In canon, Tallarn was a beautiful agri-world before the Iron Warriors destroyed it.

Though, I don't think I've actually heard anyone complaining about it being Catachan. In this thread or the last one.
>>
>>48273813
In the last thread towards there was some disagreement on whether from at least 2 anons.
>>
Did we figure out which of the loyalist Legions was sent to bring Kor and his Legion back into line?

If it was a plot by the Warmaster, could it be possible that they ended up stationed toward the galactic east, to keep Anders hemmed in, meaning they had even further to trek when the Heresy took place?
>>
>>48273880
What do you mean? Kor didn't go renegade until after the Heresy, so nobody would be "sent" to take care of the Paladins. Before then he was just a pain in the ass.
>>
>>48274146
Oh, really?

The timeline on the wiki has them going renegade prior to the Tournament. I guess that's in need of updating.
>>
>>48274392
Yeah, we realized a little while ago that what I was saying and what I meant were completely different things. Anders is just has a little rebellious streak, and is always "busy" when the Emperor wants him to do something.
>>
>>48266540
How the Crusaders travel the warp without the Astronomicon or chaos sorcerers to guide them?
>>
>>48274529
Psychic lighthouses on various systems. They work in the same way as the golden throne in that you need to sacrifice psykers to them, but ships can't go nearly as far in one go.
>>
I've been busy in the last few days but the wiki page for the Storm Hammers will get finished eventually.
>>
>>48275506
I'd make a page for the Scions myself but I'm terrible at formatting.
>>
>>48275506
By the way in case people wonder 'well what do the Storm Hammers DO in the setting today': you are right, that IS a good question as at times it seems like their empire is 'just there'. And you are entirely and utterly right to believe that!

They are there to crusade. They are there to wreck shit and try to retake the Imperium. I don't think they really need some higher purpose in the story since I feel they are evocative enough to be interesting (when they actually do get fleshed out and aren't reduced to 'those blue hammer dudes'). Its like asking why certain Space Marine chapters really exist in the canon lore: they exist because its cool. If we go, with the Imperium Asunder project, with the assumption of a certain status quo then the Storm Hammers fit right in. They are heroic. They are tragic. They, in fact, fucked up more than once and even lost their Primarch yet they keep fighting.

Just like the other Crusader States, they embody that potentially foolish and pointless dream of an Imperium the Emperor once had.
>>
Do the assassin temples still exist? Given that were created by Malcador I doubt they'd go over to the Warmaster after Terra.
>>
Hey, been a busy past few days. What did I miss and what needs doing?

Also I need to finish that story.
>>
>>48276102
VANTH wrote some stuff up for the Giant Slayers, now called the Negators. We had a discussion about a resurgent Eldar empire and whether Catachan got phosphexed or not.
>>
>>48275621
I'm thinking that the Jade Empire keeps them well stocked, out of old bonds, but also because the Storm Hammers keep the pressure off.
>>48276047
I'd assume so. Traitors probably have parallel institutions.
>>
File: eldar9.jpg (205 KB, 846x945) Image search: [Google]
eldar9.jpg
205 KB, 846x945
Possible timeline for the Eldar Empire stuff:

Late M37
>Biel-Tan moves to defend various Exodite worlds scattered across several sectors of Segmentum Tempestus. They find themselves drawn into an arduous campaign that feels like putting out fires.
Early M38
>Corsair Fleets begin to arrive in the beleaguered sectors in greater numbers, drawn by romantic notions of Biel-Tan's constant struggle.
Late M38
>More and more Exodites begin to abandon their lifestyles, joining Biel-Tan in the hopes of defending their homes. The beginnings of industrial capacity sprout across the less conservative worlds.
Early M39
>In an unprecedented move, Craftworld Mymeara declares its intent to assist Biel-Tan. It is soon followed by Craftworld Lugganath.
Mid M39
>The first rumblings of a resurgent Eldar Empire begin to spread.
>Corsairs arrive in greater numbers, and begin the first tentative trade agreements with the Webway Satellites.
Late M39
>Stirred by the awakening of Idrias Stern, the Undying Scions launch a crusade across the Segmentum. They crash into the tenuous Eldar territories, resulting a drawn-out, bloody war.
>Eventually, the crusade is driven back, but at great cost, Biel-Tan losing well over half its population. Incensed with rage and the swell of victory, Biel-Tan declares a resurgent Eldar Empire.
>By now few traditional Exodites remain, their worlds having to advance in order to survive. Massive industrial projects spring up across the Eldar territories and, to make up for their losses, the newborn empire produces wraith constructs on a massive scale, ensuring that every fallen Eldar can fight for their people.
>>
File: eldarfighter.jpg (184 KB, 658x978) Image search: [Google]
eldarfighter.jpg
184 KB, 658x978
Early M40
>Iyanden, Idharae, Iybraesil, Telennar and Mynathensar join the allied craftworlds.
>A Corsair fleet of unprecedented size tears its fangs across the western edge of the Undying Vigil, wreaking a terrible vengeance.
>As the Empire fights to secure its borders, Muirthandril, a Seer of Craftworld Mymeara, experiences a vision, and sets out with his fleet.
Mid M40
>Muirthandril's expedition recovers an ancient Vaul Engine, known to humans as Blackstone Fortress. Spurred by further visions, the forces of the Empire move to secure various other such stations littered through the Orphus Sector of the Segmentum.
>Muirthrandril is not alone in this prediction, and the Eldar find themselves once again faced with the forces of the Undying Vigil. The Orphic Wars begin over the seven Blackstone Fortresses abandoned throughout the sector. There are heroes on both sides - the Vigil will forever remember Brother Estram Yorick, Interred after acting as a lone vanguard to his Brothers, and to this day Hemlock ace Jhainen Khaine-Handed is celebrated for her achievements by the Eldar Empire.
>Mynathensar is rendered inhospitable, and its survivors (the living and the enshrined) are evacuated before Autarch Vaeleryss sets the craftworld on a collision course with the nearby world of Provinus IX, annihilating the Vigil forces regrouping there and cracking the planet's mantle
>The war concludes with six of the Fortresses in Eldar hands, but the seventh is destroyed in a daring boarding action by Idrias Stern, who fells Muirthandril in the process. The Farseer is saved by the timely intervention of a Solitaire, but much of his body is replaced with wraithbone prosthetics.
>>
File: eldar14.png (858 KB, 627x860) Image search: [Google]
eldar14.png
858 KB, 627x860
Late M40
>The Vaul Engines are stationed on the eastern edge of the Empire. Together, they form a region of veiled space where conventional Warp travel is even more difficult. Without the seventh Fortress, however, there is a small gap in this net.
>More and more advanced Commorrite technology begins to reach the Empire, many planets beginning to resemble the worlds of the old Empire
>Prince Uriel pushes back Waaagh! Gnarlgut, which proceeds to smash into a sector where the Behemoth Guard are establishing a number of forward bases. Two enemies are dealt with in a single blow, but the Seers fear that Gnarlgut will return with an even greater horde.
>A troupe of Harlequins deliver an unknown artifact of the Old Empire into the hands of Lugganath's Seer Council. There is much discussion, but none of it is public.
>Farseer Muirthrandil's prosthesis begin to fail, and his spirit is interred in a wraithseer shell.
>>
File: eldar8.png (1 MB, 672x945) Image search: [Google]
eldar8.png
1 MB, 672x945
Early M41
>Waaagh! Gnarlgut returns, savaging several systems before being turned away by a vast ghost legion of wraith constructs.
>Many Corsairs begin establishing satellite abodes beyond the established borders of the Empire. They are bawdy and lawless by craftworlder standards, and continually draw the Empire into squabbles with minor powers. They also begin to employ a great many alien mercenaries.
>The first forays into the use of automated, non wraith-guided constructs are made in secret, based on designs scrapped together in trade with various Webway States
Mid M41
The raiding activities of a Corsair Princedom draw the Empire into yet another conflict with the Undying Vigil. The war quickly escalates, more Corsairs joining the fray, spurred by the ancestral bloodlust of the Eldar.
>Wraithseer Muirthandril leads a considerable ghost legion to support the outlier Corsair territories, and once again faces Idrias Stern in battle, this time on an equal footing
>The conflict is interrupted when a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan tears through the Tempestus. Both forces find themselves struggling to survive against an utterly alien foe, and ultimately withdraw to reinforce their own borders.
>>
...and that's all I've got so far.
>>
>>48276540
I need to change my underwear. MOAR!
>>
>>48276560
Bad ass. I imagine that the Jade Empire, being far away from Tempestus and wanting to hamper traitor expansion is supportive of Bel-Tain and the corsair, putting them in an awkward position when they come into conflict with the Undying Vigil.
>>
>I remember their names, the fallen. All of them. Not those interred in dreadnought sarcophagi, for they are not truly lost to us. I remember those torn from life entirely in one fell swoop by the arms of the Ork savage, the Traitorous slave, the Eldar witch. When a titan falls, I remember them too. Their names echo in my head when the Legion is called to war, a private litany of vengeance that steels the mind in preparation for battle.

-from the memoirs of Captain Venthros, senior councilor of the Faranin system.
>>
File: eldar5.jpg (901 KB, 900x1245) Image search: [Google]
eldar5.jpg
901 KB, 900x1245
Late M1
>Spread out by its initial contact with Idrias' and Muirthandil's forces, the Tyranid swarm continues to wreak havoc on isolated systems throughout the Segmentum. Considerable resources have to be diverted to keep the swarm from growing.
>The ripples of a terrible premonition stir the minds of the Seer Council. They fear the worst.
>A cadre of Warp Raiders attempt to plunder Lugganath for its artifacts. They make off with a number of rare items before being expelled, and brutally dismember the eldest of the craftworld's Seer Council, but the true object of their search, a wonder of the Black Library, is swapped for a replica. It explodes in Warpspace, shredding one of the Warp Raider vessels and hurling its crew to the mercies of the Immaterium.
>A Chaos Cult is uprooted on the border world of Israbael. The planet is plunged into civil war, the traitors having even infiltrated its Seer Council and much of its warhost. Eventually, the planet is abandoned when the cultists re-purpose its Webway gates to draw their infernal masters from the Warp. The Empire scrabbles to investigate any and all possibilities of similar Chaos corruption. Many Corsair Princes face such accusations, and react with indignation. A secretive circle of Warlocks with previous ranger or Scorpion experience is formed to watch their realms from the shadows and strike down any hint of corruption.
>>
>>48278038
uhh, that should read 'Late M41'
>>
File: eldarreaper.jpg (226 KB, 1450x1500) Image search: [Google]
eldarreaper.jpg
226 KB, 1450x1500
Early M2
>Jhainen Khaine-Handed, a hero thought killed in a controlled distort detonation, emerges from the Warp, initially believing herself gone for merely a year. She immediately sets out in her Hemlock fighter, pursuing some unknown cause.
>Forces of the Extropian Collective are reported to be preying upon isolated worlds at the very edge of the Empire. Gathering a hundred Corsair Fleets, Prince Uriel hunts these vultures back to their own territories. He is joined by the forces of Duke Sliscus, and the two persecute a bloody campaign of revenge and/or enjoyment against the Collective's outer territories, withdrawing only when they are certain that the Extropians will reconsider their aggression.
>As prior visions of doom begin to crystallize into a definite form, twin Farseers Sgathaich and Aoifea deliver a message to Commorragh through their Corsair intermediaries
>Catastrophe strikes in the form of a Dark Crusade. The Forces of Chaos rampage through Segmentum Tempestus, the Crusader States amassing their full force to counter the wave of death. In the midst of the Crusade, forces belonging to the Silver Spears besiege the western worlds of the Empire. As the Dark Crusade is gradually driven back across the upper Tempestus, more and more Chaos Marines join their brothers in the assault.
>Intent on carving through the Empire and securing further tracts of the Segmentum, the Undying Scions launch another attack from the galactic east. The Empire is caught between two vying forces, both intent on grinding it to dust and fighting for supremacy atop its ashes. Only minimal forces can be redirected from the galactic west, but Wraithseer Muirthrandil spearheads the counter-offensive, sensing the hand of his old foe Idrias.
>>
>>48266540
That picture might be the coolest thing i've ever seen.
>>
File: eldar.jpg (542 KB, 1024x1164) Image search: [Google]
eldar.jpg
542 KB, 1024x1164
More Early M42
>While the warhosts mobilized to the west begin to push back the forces of Chaos, the Undying Scions tear through the satellite Corsair states in the east, the defense steadily losing ground. When it seems that the Scions will soon breach the Blackstone Array and penetrate deep into the heartlands of the Empire, the Eldar forces dig in, determined to hold the line, choosing to lay down their lives to grant their comrades in the west even a tiny morsel of time. Determined to inflict as much damage as possible upon the Scions, they take the conflict to new heights of brutality.
>On the world of Ikarius II (Rhondgromryn to the Eldar), Muirthandil and Idrias meet once again, but again, their feud is interrupted. Stirred by Sgathaich and Aoifea's promise that Sarco Funerus would be present, a full compliment of Negators descend upon the world, the Giantslayer himself at their fore. A maelstrom of blood and carnage envelops the planet.
>Eventually realizing that he has been tricked, AodhĂ¡n explodes into a furious rage, distraught at Sarco's absence, howling for his brother. His Legions rampage across the sector, battling Eldar and Astartes alike, until a tenuous alliance sees Idrias and Muirthrandil leading a vast host of venerable giants against the Warp-touched Primarch. Eventually overcome, a sullen AodhĂ¡n withdraws to his flagship, the Resolute Will, departing the sector. In a fit of spite, he tracks down Sgathaich and Aoifea in their personal vessel and returns to the Webway with them in tow, claiming them as payment for his services.
>Both sides still licking their wounds, the Scions and Muirthrandil's forces retreat, leaving a decimated system in their wake. The Eldar still in fighting shape move to reinforce their comrades in the west, and the forces of Chaos are finally fought to a standstill.
>Somewhere in the Webway, Eldrad Ulthran keks heartily.
>>
>>48278064
God dammit I fucked up again.

That should be 'Early M42'.
>>
>>48278102
>>48278055
Haha is your keyboard sticky or something?

How do you guys feel about sniper dreadnoughts?
>>
>>48278237
Nah, I'm just a twat apparently.

I could get used to the idea of sniper dreadnoughts. The concept reminds me of those long-range dread patterns FW puts out.
>>
>>48278237
>>48279448
Rifleman Dreads are a thing
>>
>>48279448
The deredeo is actually what made me want to create OC 'naughts. I can't decide what they'd be used for though, because most combat niches are filled by an existing pattern.
>>
>>48279590
I imagine you're thinking of something with a suped up lascannon? Low mobility, one extremely large, long-ranged las weapon, lots of targeting systems, etc...
>>
>>48280730
Yeah, something like that. Doesn't really fit the Scions' siege doctrine though.
>>
>>48281096
If you're manning a wall long-range weapons are pretty useful.
>>
Anyone here?
>>
>>48282214
Hello.
>>
>>48282214
Samson returns.
>>
>>48282708
How's it been? I think that while you were gone we decided that you should rename the Hekatonkires, but I don't remember the proposed replacement names.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (88 KB, 821x582) Image search: [Google]
Asura.jpg
88 KB, 821x582
>>48283260
Someone posted ideas about a chaos legion with !Indian (red dot kind) culture and a focus on daemonic posession, with imagery based around indian mythological Asura, many-armed dudes. Thus the connection to hekatonkires was born.

Another anon suggested that they worked as a re-design of the Hekatonkires, but that both Asura and Hekatonkire share the problem that you have to explain to the reader what the fuck those things are. He suggested Tiger Claws or something.
>>
>>48283509
I could totally see a Daemon Primarch based on Asura.
>>
>>48283260
The name stays.
>>
>>48283726
I'm neutral on this, so I'll let you hash it out with the people who were talking about it.
>>
>>48283796
It's been a while so I don't think I know the arguments. What was their reasoning?
>>
>>48283809
I think it was something about naming conventions for the legions. All the others are in English and it's a little jarring to have one in Greek.
>>
>>48283855
Oh right.

The Greek thing is true, but in reality there is no naming convention besides being English.
>>
So is this basically "if Horus won the heresy"? Or does it have original Space Marine chapters like that other tg project?
>>
>>48283957
The latter.
>>
>>48283892
>The Greek thing is true, but in reality there is no naming convention besides being English.
So comply with the literally one that exists?

>>48283957
both
>>
>>48284026
>So comply with the literally one that exists?
Why?
>>
>>48284026
To be fair, Hundred-handed-ones is kind of an awkward name in English.
>>
>>48284064
Think about it. Every single time someone wants to writefag about the hekkauniquenames, they have to dedicate two or three sentences to explain what the fuck one is. That's not a good idea in a medium that's 99% writing. Additionally, there's a lore presumption that the dialogue of the setting is translated to english for the reader's sake. The Word Bearers aren't colchisian, and we don't have to read dialogue in the mangled latin of Gothic.

>>48284078
The Hundred Arms?
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperium_Asunder#Timeline

edited it a little bit.
>>
>>48277057
Any feedback for this?
>>
>>48284078
>>48284377
What if their homeworld is called Asura?
>Asuran Warriors
>Arms of Asura
>>
>>48284480
>Arms of Asura
I like that one.
>>
File: 6062886307_3de0b2b40b_o.jpg (4 MB, 5184x3456) Image search: [Google]
6062886307_3de0b2b40b_o.jpg
4 MB, 5184x3456
>>48284476
Good stuff. The comment about Titans made me think maybe the Scions would also support a number of titan legions and knight houses. Big mech guys gotta stick together, right?

What did you think of my bloodhounds writefaggotry?
>>48267990
>>48268001
>>48268439
>>48268463
>>
File: orange.png (37 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
orange.png
37 KB, 201x281
>>48284502
Yeah, it's got a ring to it. The Asuran anon proposed an orange paintscheme, which is why Tiger Claws got suggested. It's definitely better than the clowny pink one.
>>
>>48284377
>Think about it. Every single time someone wants to writefag about the hekkauniquenames, they have to dedicate two or three sentences to explain what the fuck one is.
Not unless I'm explaining why they're named that, which I only have to do once on the Hekatonkires page. Writers don't have to explain what basilisks are, or why the chapter of black pyromaniacs is named after an amphibian.

Not to mention the shitton of chapters that use words you've never heard of.

>The Hundred Arms?
Not as good as Hundred Hands.

>>48284480
>>48284502
I once had an idea for a legion based on India called the Asura Tears. Their mutation was weird vestigial limbs that sprouted from random parted of their backs, which they lopped off and replaced with mechadendrites.
>>
>>48284555
Their primarch also had six arms.
>>
>>48284555
>>48284573
So, to paraphrase this and what I read in the last thread,

Legio ###: The Arms of Asura
>Six-armed primarch
>homeworld worshiped chaos long ago
>Join Warmaster
>Become obsessed with ritual posession
>Their marines are many-armed posessed marine monstrosities
>Tzeentchy?
>Animistic cultish organization, like the Tiger Clan, Elephant Clan, shit like that
>!Indian culture
>>
>>48284512
I liked it, but who was the fleet entering the system? Was I correct in thinking the daggers were athame blades? Speaking of the anathame, do the Interex exist in this setting?
>>
>>48284630
>who was the fleet entering the system?
Stay tuned to for more to find out.

>Was I correct in thinking the daggers were athame blades? Speaking of the anathame, do the Interex exist in this setting?
Yeah, they're athames. Nobody's talked about the Interex/Kinebrach but I brought up a while ago that Athames are thematically interesting in the hands of a hunter-themed legion. I thought it would be interesting to not explain where the blades came from, as if they were just more trophies like the ones on the wall. Presumably the Bloodhounds expeditionary fleet came upon the Interex and play nice like Horus did.
>>
>>48284686
Maybe the Marines first get possessed when they wear furs that were skinned using an athame.
>>
>>48284616
That sounds cool. Who's working on this?
>>
>>48284821
Me I guess.
>>
>>48285186
Whoa, careful now. Don't overwork yourself with too many legions.

By all means, work at your pace, but don't bite off more than you can chew.
>>
>>48285186
I actually misread and thought you were replying to >>48284739. I aint writin no more legions sempai, 2 is enough for me.
>>
>A small jingle plays, and an announcer says "This is a Special Imperium News Report!" A new man begins to speak in a very official-sounding voice.
The rebel group known as the "Emperor's Remnant" attacked yet another convoy of ships bringing food to impoverished citizens last night in a cowardly attempt to terrorize the Dark Imperium. A representative of the so-called freedom fighters has made a statement, saying "We have Space Marines on our side! The your days are numbered, Warmaster!". The man was quickly executed for crimes against the Imperium. Disturbingly, this seems to corroborate reports of the enemy Space Marine chapter known as the "Guardians of the Apocalypse" operating within our borders. Remember, citizens, to report any suspicious activity to the local authorities. Failure to do so will result in purgation!

This has been Dimius Lodrian and, as always, the Warmaster is watching. May the Gods be with you, good night.
>Report ends
>>
>>48286558
I really doubt that the Dark Imperium would allow a news report like this.
>>
>>48287893
I thought a 1984-style empire would be spewing out propaganda 24/7.
>>
>>48287905

1984 didn't have Daemons in it.
>>
>>48287905
Yeah, but I don't think they'd tell people that space marines exist who might be hostile. Even the normal Imperium doesn't do that.
>>
>>48287937
You're presenting that as if you have a point
>>
>>48287967
You've gotta keep people aware of the danger, so they're scared and submissive. Half the reason the regular Imperium keeps it a secret is because even KNOWING CHAOS EXISTS can fuck things up.
>>
>>48287981

This is literally a Chaos Empire. All they'd need to say is that the Gods would smite anyone who doesn't give them the appropriate worship, and Chaos is the only true answer. Because let's he honest, there is no chance of Marines of the Dark Imperium or the Chaos Marches turning, unlike in canon where there is a constant fear Marines might fall to Chaos.
>>
>>48288018
Right, I agree with you there. But I fail to see how this relates
>>
Fun question: In his infinite knowledge, the Emperor arranges a teambuilding exercise for his sons comprised of a casual session of the ancient Earth game 'Dee and Dee'.

What kind of characters do our Primarchs make and what kind of players are they?
>>
>>48288319
I think Anders Kor Primarch of the Paladins of Kor's choice is pretty obvious.
>>
>>48288319
What edition?
>>
>>48288319
Samson would either be a ranger or a paladin, depending on how HONORABLE he's feeling that campaign.
>>
>>48288391
7th
>>
>>48288391
The last edition ever published before the fall of the Golden Age.

So, 5E.
>>
>>48288644
Are revenants still a thing? He'd probably play one of those.
>>
>>48288793
Actually scratch that, he hates being a dreadnought and was basically Tarzan before Emps came. He'd play a barbarian.
>>
I think getting away from the assassin temples isn't a bad idea. I feel like the lack of a true central Imperial power in this universe opens up the flexibility of more "private" enterprises.

Like instead of assassin temples, why not like an assassin guild that basically works for money and fame? Do the stuff most marines are too honorable for, but are rivals to the eyes of the war master? Like spy vs. spy or something? Sell intelligence to the Imperium and all. All headed by like a Good Guy Little Finger. A masked leader who knows damn near everyone in the segmentum but could be anyone.
>>
Also, had an idea....

Sons of Malice? It's the manifestation of Chaos's need to destroy itself, a rope fraying under its own weight. Some kind of element in the Dark Imperium where Chaos Marines start going crazy and just blowing themselves up at random? Killing fellow marines for no reason? Forming cells and secret cults to oppose the Eyes of the Warmaster? Maybe one of the bigger threats from within? No fear of marines "falling to the Imperium" like regular marines had the chance to fall to chaos in the original setting but maybe there's a fear that Malal will possess them or whatever.
>>
>>48289322
I like this idea. When the Imperium fell, so did the Assassinorum. There's a brief period of time where each individual assassin goes out and does their own things, becoming mercenaries and the like.

After a while, some of them get back together. They decided it makes more sense to have a guild, and TA-DA! The Assassin's Guild is formed. Contracts are sent in, assassins sent out. Maybe there's a ranking system if you want to go that direction. Allegiance is up to the individual, but at the end of the day the Guild is strictly neutral.
>>
So, the legions maintain their own fleets right?
>>
>>48290635
AKTHUALLY, they commission the Guild of Getting to Places to taxi them between worlds.

Of course they do!
>>
>>48290635
Yes.

>>48290667
Also yes.
>>
>>48290667
Also, are ships like the Lunar and Dauntless are used by the dark imperium and the ships that we generally associate with chaos are used by the crusader states?
>>
File: COEXIST-Original.png (40 KB, 2400x614) Image search: [Google]
COEXIST-Original.png
40 KB, 2400x614
>>48290718
Maybe the tech-guilds or whatever of each legion develop different designs that diverge from M31 patterns in philosophy. Like the Fists of Mars's vessels would be covered in inexplicable gears while Protectorate Vessels would look like smartcars with pic related on their sides.
>>
>>48290785
This is how you get slapped son
>>
>>48290785
Kek
>>
File: Kodiak ain't scare.png (526 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kodiak ain't scare.png
526 KB, 640x480
>>48290804
fite me tr8r
>>
>>48290854
No, I'm going to TOLERATE YOU instead.
>>
File: SCAREBEAR STARE.png (137 KB, 457x605) Image search: [Google]
SCAREBEAR STARE.png
137 KB, 457x605
>>48290897
You're damn right you're gonna tolerate me!

I'm serious though, everybody's ships would be different and ship.
>>
What's your Primarch's theme song?
>>
>>48292827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdJGsZKnTc
>>
>>48292827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMP6EUqtb9s
>>
>>48292827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dNrmGD7mU
>>
>>48292827
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0lMzaljTk
>>
>>48293702
10/10 made me go watch Hercules.
>>
>>48292827
https://youtu.be/djF5QGQ0fyY

Though, Nuclear Man would probably be more appropriate.
>>
Is Alexios still around?
>>
Alright, alright, I know we're full up on Space Marines right now but I just had an idea that I'm surprised no one has had before. Deep South, fire and brimstone preacher marines. Complete with white collars, shotguns, and "PRAISE THE LORD".
>>
>>48294837
We've got room for as many successors as people want to make, actually.
>>
>>48294837
Chaos or Loyalist?
>>
>>48294825
I am now. I was sleepin.
>>
>>48295417
>he needs to sleep
Weeeeeak
>>
>>48295460
>Thought for the day: a moment of sleep is a moment of weakness.

Remember your duty. The Emperor Protects with caffeine.
>>
>>48295923
Recaff sucks.
>>
File: 1Acqjmy.jpg (38 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1Acqjmy.jpg
38 KB, 800x600
I found some lookalike pics in my 40k folder for inspiration and fun.

Second Sons Dreadnought?
>>
>>48296184
Behemoth Guard Captain
>>
>>48296196
Eyes of the Warmaster
>>
>>48296184
>>48296214
God damn those look awesome.
>>
>>48296214
Paladin of Kor
>>
>>48296262
Extropian Collectors
>>
>>48296280
>>
File: kmqgpju.jpg (192 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
kmqgpju.jpg
192 KB, 2048x1365
>>48296308
Sky Serpent guardsmen
>>
>>48296322
Angel of Light
>>
>>48296101
You're right. Meth is better.
>>
File: pNN4MWi.png (3 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
pNN4MWi.png
3 MB, 1024x1024
>>48296335
Second Sons marine
>>
I also changed the Hekatonkires on the wiki page to the Arms of Asura (with a link for when someone can get around to making a page) I moved the Extropians down to a new 'Non-Astartes Factions' section which also has the Resurgent Eldar. I held off on adding Dust Harpies/Negators because we seem to still be figuring stuff out for them, especially the name. Personally I like Dust Harpies.
>>
>>48296401
I never said you could do that.
>>
>>48296531
I'm still here.
>>
>>48296531
>>48296554
Don't be so posessive, this is a collaborative project. The Hekatonkires concept was lazy tankmarines with a weird name. The Arms Of Asura !Indian posessed marines is a way cooler idea. We've discussed this for two threads now.
>>
>>48296646
That doesn't mean you can replace a legion just because you don't like their name. I also like the concept of Indian Marines, but don't go tearing out my legion to put them in.

> The Hekatonkires concept was lazy tankmarines with a weird name.
Lazy? My page has more on it than some other legions'. Some legions don't even have pages. Find someone else who isn't isn't actually contributing and replace THEIR legion. Or, if that's not an option, say,"Fuck Prime 40K,"and have 21 legions. Which you totally can do.

In the meantime, I'm putting the Hekatonkires back in.
>>
>>48296711
>That doesn't mean you can replace a legion just because you don't like their name.
I did it because everyone seemed to agree we should, including you.

>my legion
It's not your legion, it's our legion

>My page
It's not your page, it's our page.
>>
File: 1468521803773.gif (2 MB, 244x194) Image search: [Google]
1468521803773.gif
2 MB, 244x194
>>
>>48296747
>I did it because everyone seemed to agree we should, including you.
No, I said the Indian legion was cool. I didn't say it could replace the Hekatonkires.

>It's not your legion, it's our legion
>It's not your page, it's our page.
No, it's my legion. I'm the one who works on it.

This is a collaborative project. We each have our ideas, and they come together. Cutting content just because you don't like it for whatever reason while the person who works on it is still there is not kosher. You're supposed to give legitimate criticisms, not flat out shut me down or dismiss my opinion.
>>
>>48296811
What do you think about this? Is there honestly any gripe about my legion other than its name?
>>
>>48296856
>>48296876
You know what, if the name honestly bothers you people that much I can change it. I can rename them to something like the Avalon Guard to show respect for their primarch and his world of origin. I can find some other big strong mythological creature with a name more familiar. Is it really such a terrible name that it causes somebody on this thread a loss of life, limb, or pay?
>>
Not this shit again.
>>
>>48297082
And what about you? Is it just the name, or is it something else?
>>
>>48296856
>>48296970

Just because you exist doesn't mean your ideas are good. IMO even an empty slot is better than the Hekkatonkires were. We had a copypasta about this in the early threads. Just beacuse you post an idea doesn't mean everybody else accepts it into the canon. Contributing does not get you an automatic seat at the table, and no one just has absolute control over what their legion is. We post, we discuss, and most importantly, we adjust. It's not YOUR legion any more than the Angels are mine. It's an idea. Once it's out there, it's everyone's, and we collectively decide if it's a good one or not.

Let's review the Hekatonkires concept:
>They like tanks
>They come from a deathworld with monsters on it

whoa man gr8 idea that really adds something to the setting
>>
File: 1468522939993.gif (725 KB, 245x172) Image search: [Google]
1468522939993.gif
725 KB, 245x172
>>48297119
Oh Jesus
>>
>>48297102
To be honest I don't know anything about the Legion other than the name, but judging from >>48297119 they don't seem really inspired.
>>
>>48297155
>To be honest I don't know anything about the Legion other than the name
You know everything there is to know, then.
>>
>>48297119
They don't come from a deathworld, their primarch does. In fact, you're stripping the concept to such bare bones that it doesn't actually describe the legion accurately.

Hey, I'm still working on it. It's only been like a week or two and I essentially have work from 5 to 5.

>Just because you exist doesn't mean your ideas are good. IMO even an empty slot is better than the Hekkatonkires were. We had a copypasta about this in the early threads. Just beacuse you post an idea doesn't mean everybody else accepts it into the canon. Contributing does not get you an automatic seat at the table, and no one just has absolute control over what their legion is. We post, we discuss, and most importantly, we adjust. It's not YOUR legion any more than the Angels are mine. It's an idea. Once it's out there, it's everyone's, and we collectively decide if it's a good one or not.
Okay, I get that. It was the same thing in Hektor Heresy: I can't just put something up if it's too disagreeable. I said it a minute ago, I'm willing to compromise.
>>
...I like the name Hekatonkires. It's cool.

>>48296401
Dust Harpies is a nice name but it does not suit their Primarch's tastes or Legion culture at all. They'd never name themselves after a primarily female mythological species.
>>
>>48297155
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hekatonkires#The_Primarch.27s_Return

Here's what I have so far for history. I had to cut my work on the primarch's meeting with his legion short so I could at least put part of it out.
>>
>>48297281
Wrong link.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hekatonkires
>>
>>48297261
I agree with you 100% but I'd like to point out that Astarte is a Hellenized form of Ishtar, the Babylonian goddess of war whose symbol is an eight pointed star.
>>
>>48297336
I think she was also a fertility goddess.
>>
>>48297336
>>48297346
This was true.

She was a god of sexuality as well. And, to a few cults, hunting.
>>
>>48297226
>They don't come from a deathworld, their primarch does.
Legions generally recruit from their homeworlds.

> In fact, you're stripping the concept to such bare bones that it doesn't actually describe the legion accurately.
There's only bare bones there.
>They are the Hekatonkires of Morgoth, a host of supermen with an affinity for armored warfare. Their Primarch is Samson of Avalon, though he does not lead them. He is not a general first, but rather a hunter and a gentleman, and leads his own order of fellow hunters against the beasts of Chaos. They are total opposites, but their distinct traits complement each other, and together make a deadly team.

This is the only description on the page of the Legion. The rest is the primarch origin story. There's just not much to the idea. The hunting stuff is derivative of the Bloodhounds and the beastworld stuff is derivative of the behemoth guard. It's not a good fit. This is not a personal attack.

>>48297261
>Dust Harpies is a nice name but it does not suit their Primarch's tastes or Legion culture at all. They'd never name themselves after a primarily female mythological species.
I don't really see that. Can you elaborate on why?

I'm still strongly opposed to them living in Commoragh, by the way. Ideally a legion's fluff shouldn't overlap with another's, and we literally already have a legion who live in the webway with their eldar buddies.
>>
File: bullets.gif (261 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bullets.gif
261 KB, 640x360
>>48297433
>>
>>48297433
>I don't really see that. Can you elaborate on why?

AodhĂ¡n is from a pretty typical heroic age culture, and he recruits from worlds with similar societies. Most such societies femininity with servility and weakness. The Negators' beef with sorcery is mostly that it's unmanly.

>I'm still strongly opposed to them living in Commoragh, by the way. Ideally a legion's fluff shouldn't overlap with another's, and we literally already have a legion who live in the webway with their eldar buddies.

I think some level of overlap is okay, it's not like either Legion is after the same things. Though, I wasn't aware the Warp Raiders still hung around with Eldar, I though they just pilfered their stuff.
>>
>>48297433
>>48297564
Perhaps they just live in a ruined webway city and trade with the Deldar sometimes. Though with the resurgent Eldar empire VANTH might want to rethink some things regarding their ties to the Negators.
>>
>>48297564
>AodhĂ¡n is from a pretty typical heroic age culture
So is the concept of Harpies.

>>48297604
the Negators name is slowly growing on me
>>
>>48297210
Do you really want to go there?

Maybe I should point out how bland and original the Ultra- I mean, err, Angels of Light are.

>Specialty is empire-building
>Wrote the Codex Astartes
>Highly ordered and organized

Hey, never mind all the subtleties, they're uninspired.

>Legions generally recruit from their homeworlds.
Yeah, well these don't.

>There's only bare bones there.
Not as bare as you're suggesting.

Development is a slow and ongoing process. I felt like covering the history first, so that's what I did first. Details on the legion culture and doctrine will follow.

>This is the only description on the page of the Legion.
And that description alone suggests more nuance than,"tank legion from a jungle deathworld," which is what you implied was all the information available.

>The hunting stuff is derivative of the Bloodhounds and the beastworld stuff is derivative of the behemoth guard. It's not a good fit.
I can't find the thread that talks about Balthasar, besides mentions of him being a hunter. Same for the Behemoth Guard. Could you post links to these legions and primarchs?
>>
>>48297613
>So is the concept of Harpies.

Sure. My point is they're basically pastiches of the loud, shrill female cliche, turned into monsters for Herakles to slay. They're not something AodhĂ¡n or his Legion would see as powerful or good to be associated with.

The Negators don't see themselves as monsters. They see themselves as monster slayers and heroes.

>>48297604
I really like the idea of these thuggish bravos indulging in all the gladiatorial horror and revelry of Commorragh, but it's a n option. The reason I went for Commorragh wasn't really the Eldar connection, it's that it's the place that most suits the Legion.
>>
>>48297687
Look, I'll be working on the Fifteenth for about an hour. At least wait until I describe the doctrine and culture to make a judgement about whether they're actually crap.

I'll even suggest a new name right here: Avalon Guard, the new name the legion took to show respect to their primarch when he earned it.
>>
>>48297796
That sounds fair to me.
>>
Imma just put some notes here.

>Avalon Guard/Hekatonkires
>Named for the homeworld of their primarch, though not the homeworld of their legion/named after the hundred-armed giants of ancient legends for their affinity for large things with lots of "arms"
>They are a headstrong legion who do not owe respect to outside authorities, and only trust those who fight alongside them earnestly.
>Their main method of warfare is armoured combat with predators and Land raiders
>They are predisposed towards large weapons and high volumes of firepower, and often attach additional weapons to their vehicles for increased lethality; their vehicles are easily identified by the extra weapons on their hulls
>Samson has a special unit within the legion which draws from Avalon instead of Morgoth called the Hunters of Avalon, who are the legion's special reconnaissance and infiltrators
>Samson's equerries are the cautious Briareos, the first legion master; and headstrong Giges the Invincible, the legion's first dreadnought
>The AG/HK follow the Chthonic Cult, a collection of teachings from Briareos and Giges, eldest of the Legion, which espouses the importance of respect for their ancestors' legacy, camaraderie of battle brothers, and honorable sacrifice for the legion and the Imperium
>>
>>48297687
>Hey, never mind all the subtleties, they're uninspired.
I'd love to learn what those are. Inform me.

>Yeah, well these don't.
Maybe you should say that somewhere?

>And that description alone suggests more nuance than,"tank legion from a jungle deathworld," which is what you implied was all the information available.
Maybe to you, but not to me. Remember, the ideas are in your head, so you read them into things. Other people don't have that luxury.
>>
>>48298030
>Maybe you should say that somewhere?
>They are the Hekatonkires of Morgoth... Their Primarch is Samson of Avalon...
>Homeworld: Morgoth, Avalon

>Maybe to you, but not to me. Remember, the ideas are in your head, so you read them into things. Other people don't have that luxury.
Fair enough. That's why I'm working on it right now.
>>
>>48297998
>for their affinity for large things with lots of "arms"
...what?

>>They are predisposed towards large weapons and high volumes of firepower
Literally the Judgement Bringers

>The AG/HK follow the Chthonic Cult, a collection of teachings from Briareos and Giges, eldest of the Legion, which espouses the importance of respect for their ancestors' legacy, camaraderie of battle brothers, and honorable sacrifice for the legion and the Imperium
Why does the Cthonic cult not come from Cthonia and why is it different from the cult that exists on Cthonia?

Overall this is an improvement over the literally nothing we had before, but IMO it's not cooler than posessed indian marines. To be clear, the intention in the last thread and in this one isn't to REPLACE the Hekatonkires, but to synthesize them together with the Asuran idea. The idea was to add to them, not subtract.
>>
>>48298080
>...what?
A pun

>Literally the Judgement Bringers
>Specialty: Shock and awe, heavy ordnance
Tad distinction, and the HK/AG are tankers, not shock and awe.

>To be clear, the intention in the last thread and in this one isn't to REPLACE the Hekatonkires, but to synthesize them together with the Asuran idea. The idea was to add to them, not subtract.
Fair enough, since I hadn't posted enough details on them to establish what exactly they're going. Though we can still have the Asura guys since they're traitor. It's a win-win.

Now's probably not a good time to mention that a concept I wrote way back involved medic librarians and how their medical biomancy accidentally turned a large chunk of the legion into deformed mutants that had too many arms.
>>
>>48298170
>Tad distinction
By this I meant tad distinction between ordnance and heavy weapons.
>>
>>48298170
>>48298184
Actually, I may have my old notes somewhere on Drive, though they're in pages. Hold on.
>>
>>48298184
Can you sum up the Hekkatonkires in a single sentence?
>>
>>48298170

How does their culture synthesize with their method of war? Tanks aren't usually good weapons for monster hunting (See every Godzilla Movie ever and most monster movies in general) and a Primarch from a beast hunting world isn't likely to use a method of war contrary to what he grew up with. Either the backstory needs to change, or the Legion's method of war needs to.
>>
>>48298268
The legion of brutes and tankers who like dakka and their primarch, a gentlemen and a hunter. Together, they fight heresy Yeah I know that's two sentences, but the second one doesn't count since it's not serious at all

>>48298271
That's the point, the legion and the primarch are opposites. Samson found his legion was too different from his ideals that he didn't try to change it to fit them.
>>
>>48298268
I turned the pages document into a pdf.

These are the original notes from over a year ago. They were my attempt at getting a legion in the Hektor Heresy.
>>48298385
>The legion of brutes and tankers who like dakka and their primarch, a gentlemen and a hunter.
Also, Greek mythology.
>>
>>48298385
>The legion of brutes and tankers who like dakka and their primarch, a gentlemen and a hunter. Together, they fight heresy
DESU that's just not a very tight, unique, or in-demand concept. It's reminiscent of things that already exist and doesn't add anything new. The core idea isn't a good fit. Try another one.
>>
>>48298419
Note that these are not my current notes, but some of the concepts are still ones I want to use.

>>48298080
>Why does the Cthonic cult not come from Cthonia and why is it different from the cult that exists on Cthonia?
Huh? Who?
>>
>>48298438
>Huh? Who?
Never mind, I don't remember 90% of homeworlds.

>>48298428
>DESU that's just not a very tight, unique, or in-demand concept. It's reminiscent of things that already exist and doesn't add anything new. The core idea isn't a good fit. Try another one.
We already have a legion of tankers that are completely different from their gentlemanly primarch? Which one is that?
>>
Let's see

>Homeworld full of big beasts
The Behemoth Guard and Bloodhounds already have this

>Huntsman primarch
Balthasar already is this

>So Samson does what comes naturally and invites him to a formal party where he challenges the Emperor to a hunting game in the inner continent, which the Emperor accepts, naturally. For seven days the two hunt creatures comparable to tanks, and at the end they presented their prizes.
Balthasar LITERALLY already does this except they hunt a specific beast

>Specialty: Armored Warfare
The Fists of Mars already do this

>>48298438
>Huh? Who?
In OU the homeworld of Lorgar is Cthonia. There is a cult of Cthonia. They worship chaos. Kor Phaeron was their high priest.
>>
>>48298385

Either the Primarch remakes the Legion in his Image, or he remakes himself in the Legion's image. There is no middle ground. To try and stay in the middle would undermine both and reduce their effectiveness in war.
>>
>>48298501
>>Homeworld full of big beasts
>The Behemoth Guard and Bloodhounds already have this
Okay. Do they have a second homeworld which is a hiveworld?

>Huntsman primarch
>Balthasar already is this
Is he a British gentleman hunter?

>Specialty: Armored Warfare
>The Fists of Mars already do this
The Fists of Mars are also infused with Mechanicus. It's not just about the category, it's also about the nuance. The HK/AG use the weight and momentum of their tank forces to stubbornly smash the enemy.

How do the FoM fight exactly? Because their page only says they do mechanized warfare without elaborating. Are they mechanized INFANTRY? Do they use MECHANICAL things in bulk such as centurion suits, dreadnoughts, and tanks ? Do they enhance their equipment with MECHANICUS knowledge? Are their logistics sped up due to the MECHANIZATION of their forces? Are they MECHANIZED in that they have lots of tanks?

>>48298585
I could do him doing what his legion does, although I don't see how not doing that reduces effectiveness.
>>
>>48298753

All Prtimarchs remake their Legions to suit their own experiences (Even resorting to decimation and killing the entire command structure to do so). And their Legions are coded to fight in a way which compliments their Primarch. A Primarch is not just the leader of a Legion, they are the heart and soul of the Legion as well. So if Samson is an expert at killing beasts, than his legion will also specialize in beast killing. If he's an expert in armor, then his legion will also specialize in tanks. The synergy between Legion and Primarch is very important.
>>
>>48298753
>Okay. Do they have a second homeworld which is a hiveworld?
That's not the massive twist you seem to think it is.

>Is he a British gentleman hunter?
Actually literally yes.

>It's not just about the category, it's also about the nuance
Disagree completely. If your legions are too similar on the face of things, the subtle nuances are irrelevant.

>How do the FoM fight exactly? Because their page only says they do mechanized warfare without elaborating. Are they mechanized INFANTRY? Do they use MECHANICAL things in bulk such as centurion suits, dreadnoughts, and tanks ? Do they enhance their equipment with MECHANICUS knowledge? Are their logistics sped up due to the MECHANIZATION of their forces? Are they MECHANIZED in that they have lots of tanks?
All of the above.

When literally every aspect of your legion is something another legion does, maybe you should re-think things instead of digging your feet in.
>>
File: What the fuck is this shit.png (119 KB, 333x432) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck is this shit.png
119 KB, 333x432
>>48298844
>Actually literally yes.
No fucking way. You're shitting me?

>When literally every aspect of your legion is something another legion does, maybe you should re-think things instead of digging your feet in.
You're serious about the Balthasar thing?
>>
>>48298901
Like seriously, is the thread that supports that a reasonable number of clicks away?
>>
>>48298901
>No fucking way. You're shitting me?
He's literally a proper roight jolly british nobleman who goes on victorian hunting expeditions
>>
>>48298973
>https://warosu.org/tg/thread/S48101621#p48106786
>The Bloodhounds are lead by Balthasar the Bloody, whose jovial nature and early discovery lead him to be a mentor to several primarchs. They hunt trophies from worthy foes and are experts at things like rooting out Orks from a world.

What. The. Fuck.

That's not the stone-age hunter I imagined somebody who leads a close combat legion to be.

>When literally every aspect of your legion is something another legion does, maybe you should re-think things instead of digging your feet in.
Fuck these guys, it's like I subconsciously stole from every other legion without even knowing what they were about, an entire year before this thread existed. Fucking shoot me, man.
>>
>>48299050
Like holy shit, if I was actually able to track these threads properly I would've scrapped the concept. Now it's either back to the drawing board or bye Felicia. I'm not eve angry, I'm actually laughing at the irony.

I mean cut these guys like a back-talking hooker, but I'll be back with another concept if one of the legions isn't being worked on.
>>
File: Asura2.jpg (89 KB, 669x1000) Image search: [Google]
Asura2.jpg
89 KB, 669x1000
>>48299050
I wish I could find that copypasta from like the second thread. It was real useful in setting the tone of our feedback.

Just beacuse an idea is rejected doesn't mean you are rejected. When people give you feedback, pivot instead of digging your feet in. The Hekatonkires are an ok to good concept but they simply don't fit well into pre-existing legions. Pivot. Merge the concept with the Arms of Asura like we suggested. Instead of being sad, why not write kickass stuff for kickass hyper-religious posessed marines who have a six-armed primarch who was treated as a demigod on his homeworld before the Emperor set him straight?

We ALL need to be willing to adjust, and write for the setting as a whole rather than our own little pet projects.
>>
>>48299050
For the record, Sarco Funerus was basically super-Tarzan before the Emperor found him.
>>
>>48299152
>We ALL need to be willing to adjust, and write for the setting as a whole rather than our own little pet projects.

On that subject, I'll bring up something that's been on my mind for the last few days:
Is 'Angels of Light' a bad/cumbersome name? Every time I read it, especially coupled with their love of jetbikes, all I read is "Dark Angels but made slightly different."
>>
File: That one army.png (383 KB, 644x540) Image search: [Google]
That one army.png
383 KB, 644x540
>>48299106
Well, I PROBABLY would've scrapped it, anyway.

>>48299152
Bitch, I don't pivot! I... Actually, yeah, I do pivot. Army and right face left face and all that good stuff.

>Instead of being sad,
I'm actually pretty damn amused right now. I mean, I shouldn't be laughing at how much I didn't notice about other legions.

>Merge the concept with the Arms of Asura like we suggested. Instead of being sad, why not write kickass stuff for kickass hyper-religious posessed marines who have a six-armed primarch who was treated as a demigod on his homeworld before the Emperor set him straight?
I mean, yeah, I fucking love the Asura idea. I've even written several times in different places besides this thread that this is a fucking amazing idea. I'm not really feeling it though

>>48299226
You mean Golgothas? :^)

Also, let's all start putting the content we created on the wiki please. It keeps the relevant information concentrated and free of breaks by other people's content. That way it's easier to find what we're looking for.

>>48299281
>On that subject, I'll bring up something that's been on my mind for the last few days:
>Is 'Angels of Light' a bad/cumbersome name? Every time I read it, especially coupled with their love of jetbikes, all I read is "Dark Angels but made slightly different."
I suggest naming them the Supermarines.

Get it? Because RAF! And Ultramarines!
>>
>>48299324
>I suggest naming them the Supermarines.
>Get it? Because RAF! And Ultramarines!
Though desu, it's more befitting of the Crimson Warhawks, who are the air specialists.
>>
>>48299324
I actually don't get the RAF reference.
>>
On the subject of names, I think the name "Arms of Asura" is too cumbersome.

Suggestions:
Asura Tears
Tiger Warriors
Naraka Fighters
Knights of Naraka
Children of Asura

>>48299399
Supermarine Spitfire. Supermarine was a plane manufacturer.
>>
>Eyes of the Warmaster
>Number: REDACTED
It's XVI.
>>
>Search: Amaranth
+++Accessing File+++

Name: Amaranth

Segmentum: Ultima

Sector: Amaranth

Subsector: Amaranth Major

System: Amaranth

Population: 5,000,000

Tech level: Feral
>>
>>48299920
+++File Continues+++

Affiliation: Aeternalis Vigilis

Threats: Xenos majoris, astartes traitoris, xenos minoris (local, unintelligent)

Threat level: 4/5

Assets: Astartes recruiting world

Strategic value: Absolute

Tithe grade: Adeptus non
>>
>>48298080
>Why does the Cthonic cult not come from Cthonia and why is it different from the cult that exists on Cthonia?
>>48298501
>In OU the homeworld of Lorgar is Cthonia. There is a cult of Cthonia. They worship chaos. Kor Phaeron was their high priest.

I'm dumb. Cthonia is Horus' homeworld, not Lorgar's. That's Colchis.
>>
>>48300412
>I'm dumb. Cthonia is Horus' homeworld, not Lorgar's. That's Colchis.
It's okay. It's not really relevant anymore.
>>
>>48299438
I'm team tiger, or some sort of animal. We don't have enough animals.

>>48299495
It's unclear. XVI is open/unclaimed so someone posted XVI? when they summarized them.
>>
>>48300448
>It's unclear. XVI is open/unclaimed so someone posted XVI? when they summarized them.
If there are 20 legions, and the only numeral not taken is XVI, and the only legion without a number is the Eyes of the Warmaster, then logically Legion XVI is the Eyes of the Warmaster.
>>
These threads have given me an idea for a 40k civ thread where anons post their primarchs/legions and they roll dice to make worlds compliant n stuff.

Good idea/Bad idea?
>>
>>48300478
Or XVI is a legion we haven't added yet, like the Negators. There's no XIX either.
>>
>>48300448
Scions' heraldry includes either an alligator or a panther. I have yet to decide which.
>>
>>48300526
Team Panther.
>>
So, the mechanicus- what if after finding out the emperor lost, they activated an unknown ancient technology that revealed that the entire planet of mars had been turned into a warp capable ship of massive proportions, and then fled to parts unknown
>>
>>48300654
What if I did a cowboy legion?
>>
Currently editing legion list to try to put the sub-groups in numerical order.

After that, more Bloodhounds writefagging.
>>
>>48300526
Sarco-sama I made you a wiki page.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Undying_Scions
Please fill it up with cool shit.
>>
>>48300860
Will do, tomorrow. I'm pretty tired at the moment.

Captcha an electrical box is not a street sign.
>>
>>48300860
For now I did change Council of Titans to Council of Giants because titans are already a thing.
>>
>>48301182
Primarchs are referred to as Titans in the books, among other descriptors. They even get called titans in scenes on Istvaan where there are literal titans that get mentioned in the same paragraph.
>>
>>48301245
Oh, then I will change it back. Confusing writing, that is...
>>
>>48300486
Would play
>>
On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have the rules for seismic hammers? I can't find them in IA 2.
>>
>>48302129
they're thunderhammers with melta iirc
>>
I'm back bitches!
>>
Okay, so what do we think about successor chapters? Without the codex astartes, what could have spurred their creation? Are foundings as big a deal as they are in 40k proper? Am I missing any questions?
>>
File: Cossacks.jpg (423 KB, 900x666) Image search: [Google]
Cossacks.jpg
423 KB, 900x666
Eh, can't think of anything for a legion, so I think I'll just put some ideas out for the forces of Etcetera since literally nobody's done anything with what was the Imperial Army.

>Tor Ironheads
Space-Prussians, ride cybernetic mounts.

>Brimstone Fire-Eaters
Space-KKK/Antebellum South, like fire and chemicals.

>Argon Silverbacks
Heavy infantry, utilize Ogryns heavily, urban and tunnel fighters

>Karadon Cold Ones
Ride raptor mounts.

>Suka (Working name) Steelborn
Not!Destiny Guardians, archeotech, void fighters

>Anthrax Chem Guard
Medieval Europe (Grail-shaped beacon, anyone), siege bio and chemical

>Corps 0
Super sekret semi-supersoldiers, literally Guard on steroids, close combat and suicide attacks

>Vytorian High Guard
Patton IN SPACE, armored warfare

>Grogan Thunderheads
Space North to the Fire-Eaters' Space South, artillery specialists

>Sabbath Ice Maidens
Totally not Night Witches, air attack

>>48306728
I would think successor chapters aren't really so much a deliberate thing so much as a political or economic move by legions to get rid of dissidents, or an attempt by a small part of the legion to secede, or a pragmatic move due to a conflict of interests.
>>
>>48306794
>Karadon Cold Ones
That's almost as badass as the OP picture.
>>
>>48306794
Working on how legions' human forces operate.
>>
>>48307040
Also, Fenris Shield-brothers

And I'm at lunch on my phone so I'm working on the above.
>>
>>48307051
I mean not working on the above.
>>
>>48306794
>Crimson Warhawks
Due to the nature of their behind-the-lines work, the Crimson Warhawks would be slow to trust normal humans with defeating Chaos. Auxiliary Forces are rather few.

>Fists of Mars
The techno-realm of the Fists of Mars is an empire of steel and flesh, and is likewise protected by the steel and flesh of its inhabitants. It inherits the Skitarii from the long-gone Mechanicus, and enhances its human forces with the technology of the techpriests.

>Storm Hammers
Are fast-moving, hard-hitting; and so must their human forces be. The Realm Guard of Storm Kingdom keep pace with the Astartes in armored transports and Valkyrie dropships.

OR If the Storm Hammers are the maul of Engerand, then the Realm Guard are his shield. The Realm Guard exist to hold the enemy long enough to permit the Storm Hammers to arrive and break through in a decisive blow.

>Void Lords
The Void Lords live somewhere between the light and the darkness, the contested space where the bulwark is slowly worn away by the tides of war and time. The Void Lords take whatever rabble they can salvage from the worlds they burn, resulting in this hodgepodge of funnies and possible traitors who can neither be trusted nor purged.
>>
>>48307298
>Angels of Light
The Angels of Light built the Imperium Minoris to protect the Emperor's legacy, far from the gaze of the Dark Imperium. Though they do not need to fight the warriors of Chaos, the Realm Guard must contend with foul xenos, and insurrections by cultists.

>Sky Serpents
The Sky Serpents have always utilized their auxiliary forces, for their numbers are key in achieving encirclement of the enemy.

Aaaaand ran out of steam. I'm gonna stop with the flowery writing and get friendly.
>Undying Scions
Eh, you tell me.

>Knights Exemplar
Guard ain't good enough for being knightly and shit.

>Warp Raiders
Normal humans are allergic to the Warp.

>Paladins of Kor
They love the people. Too bad they got cults in their Realm Guard and shit. And xenos. Yeah, these guys are going down.

>Oathsworn
The Apothecaries Without Borders have no need for massive armies.
>>
>>48307298
>>48307511
>Eyes of the Warmaster
idk, cannon fodder I guess?

>Bloodhounds
Cannon fodder, bait

>Silver Spears
Cannon fodder

>Judgement Bringers
Cannon fodder, sometimes literally

>Second Sons
Cannon fodder, daemon fodder

>Iron Hearts
Cannon fodder

Also, I need to do a Nausicaa regiment. I absolutely have to ever since I read the manga.
>>
File: Realm Guard.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3401) Image search: [Google]
Realm Guard.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3401
>>48306794
Locations are pink.
>>
>>48307654
And tiny.
>>
File: 0mKXcg1.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
0mKXcg1.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>48306794
>>48307298
>>48307511
>>48307525
>>48307654
>>48307666
Dude. Nice.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.