[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #40
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 43
File: KamehamehaZ.jpg (346 KB, 800x1007) Image search: [Google]
KamehamehaZ.jpg
346 KB, 800x1007
>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

And a pastebin: http://pastebin.com/5P4NfuUh

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You got to meet the Galactic King on his visit to Earth, but soon found yourself locked in battle with another alien visitor: a blue space monster that looked like Godzilla! You had a couple near misses in combat with the alien, but ultimately prevailed thanks to Trip unlocking a hidden power with the King of the Monsters himself! After more training with Chi-chi, two major developments hit: King Cold is still alive, and...
>>
File: SuperSaiyanVegeta.jpg (329 KB, 757x1055) Image search: [Google]
SuperSaiyanVegeta.jpg
329 KB, 757x1055
>>48291721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBVXitx0ylw

Vegeta stands before you all with the smuggest, most arrogant grin on his face, his prominent golden glow highlighting the bleached color of his hair. You can sense a lot of people converging on your location, Goku, Raditz, Chuu Lee, seems even Nappa is headed towards you. There's a silence as the Saiyan prince steps forward, interrupted only by...

"How?" your brother asks. "How'd you do it?"

"Hah! Turns out I was looking at this the wrong way." Vegeta responds with a laugh. "I kept projecting my rage outwards, blaming everyone else for my misfortunes. But it finally hit me. I finally took that rage inwards. I realized my limits, how far I, Prince Vegeta, had fallen..." he clenches his fist, then points at you. "...my loathing towards you, Tuffle, became self-loathing. I thank you for this. Because as I internalized that rage, as I realized how much of this was my own doing, I was able to tap into this Legendary power." He stares you down with a slightly sadistic smirk. "I really, truly thank you, Tuffle."

Your brother furrows his brow, then, with a smile, gives you a telepathic message, 'So he shouted "I WANNA BE A SUPER SAIYAN! I WANNA I WANNA I WANNA!" hard enough for it to finally happen.'

You try to hold back a laugh as people arrive.

>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!
>B. You know, Goku's still stronger than you
>C. What were you doing on the Lookout?
>D. Something esle?
>>
File: 1432843284140.png (28 KB, 242x188) Image search: [Google]
1432843284140.png
28 KB, 242x188
>>
>>48291732
>>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!
>>
>>48291732
>>A. Well, congratulations Vegeta, you're a Super Saiyan!
>>
>>48291732
>C. What were you doing on the Lookout?
>>
>>48291732
>D. Fist bump!
>Still gonna need a few more tricks to beat me though.
>>
>>48291732
>D. 'Acer, what did I fucking tell you about prying into people's minds'
>>
File: Vegeta-SuperSaiyan-vf.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Vegeta-SuperSaiyan-vf.jpg
56 KB, 1280x720
>>48291732
You do give your brother a look of reminding him to not pry into people's minds. He proclaims innocence, he just figured that's what it sounded like. "Well, congratulations, Vegeta! You're a Super Saiyan! I've still got a few tricks up my sleeves myself, but you've certainly got an upper hand in strength." you tell the Prince genuinely, grinning wide. "Fist bump?" you ask, holding up your hand.

He gives you a confused expression. You don't even need to read his mind to tell he wanted you to be at least a LITTLE worried over this. Certainly was not expecting you to be congratulatory. He snorts dismissively as he spots your kids peek in from a doorway. You notice them too, and while Gohan does seem a little worried about this situation, Peppa seems a little upset at the Saiyan prince. Jealous, almost.

"Tch. So, you did it." Raditz's voice calls to Vegeta, full of frustration. The new Super Saiyan gains a smile at Raditz's misfortune... that vanishes immediately when Goku walks in.

"Nice job, Vegeta!" your husband tells him, a grin as wide and genuine as your own. "Guess you really will be able to beat Freeza."

"Just... agh!" he groans, walking away from you. Peppa immediately runs to your side, holding your leg tight and glaring at Vegeta.

"So, what were you doing at the Lookout?" Yamcha asks, giving the alien a suspicious look.

"I was allowed use of that Pendulum... whatever place with Nappa. We went back to Planet Vegeta as Freeza was about to destroy it." he tells your scar-faced friend.

"Freeza stood no chance against you." Nappa praises.

>A. ...that gives me an idea. Guys, we should test out how prepared we all are in there
>B. You sure she "allowed" it, or did you threaten your way in?
>C. Peppa, sweetie, what's wrong?
>D. Something else?
>>
>>48291732
"I'm sure Raditz and Nappa will kick into high gear and be right behind you once they see this."
>>
>>48292382
>A. ...that gives me an idea. Guys, we should test out how prepared we all are in there
"What form did you beat him in Vegeta?"
>>
>>48292382
>>
>>48292382
>>
>>48292382
>D. Saiyans don't know the word for "Room," really? No wonder y'all needed two weeks of full moon to win that war.
>>
>>48292382
>D. The same Frieza that destroyed a whole planet with his finger? There could stand to be a bit more planning involved in his takedown even with this transformation.
>>
>>48292382
>>
>D. "You know that Frieza has 4 transformations right?"
>>
File: Freezas-thirdform.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Freezas-thirdform.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>48292382
"What form did you beat him in, Vegeta?" you question. "And it's 'Pendulum Room.'"

He gives you a suspicious look. "...he had transformed twice."

"Hrmn. You could still beat him in his final form, I guess... but we'll have to give it a test ourselves." You clap your hands together. "All right folks, let's get a plan set. If we use the Pendulum Room ourselves to see what Cooler and King Cold are capable of, we'll have a better chance when they arrive. Vegeta wants to take on Freeza, and if he fights smart, he can probably do it."

"Sounds like a plan!" Goku states with a wide grin, your friends nodding in agreement.

Vegeta gives a satisfied grunt. "'Probably?' Oh he will definitely die at my hands, no matter how many times he transforms."

Raditz gives him an uncomfortable look, Goku seeming curious, while Nappa's face is full of pride. Your daughter holds onto your leg harder. "Peppa, sweetie, what's wrong?"

"...dun like him." she grumbles into your clothing.

You pick her up and pet her hair gently. "And why's that?"

"He's mean." she says in a voice barely louder than a whisper.

>A. I know sweetie, but it'll be fine, promise
>B. Doesn't mean we have to be mean back
>C. All right, let's all head to the Lookout!
>D. Something else?
>>
>>48292888
Telepathically: 'And I think being not mean annoys him more.'

>C. All right, let's all head to the Lookout!
>>
>>48292888

Pretty much this: >>48292949

Vegeta's looking to get a rise out of people. It's probably better to react in a way that he absolutely doesn't know how to deal with than to feed his ego.
>>
>>48292888

>>48292949
This!
>>
>>48292888
>D. It's because he's short, poopoo
>>
>>48293055
Aren't we still shorter than him? We're shorter than Krillin, right?
>>
>>48293077
Yup, I guess it fits with B.
>>
>>48292888
>>
>>48292949
I'll back this.
>>
>>48292888
"Just because he's mean and rude, doesn't mean we have to be mean back." you tell your daughter. Then, you telepathically add, 'Besides, he gets upset when you're nice to him too. Probably moreso. So better to be the bigger girl and be nice. Even if you're shorter than him. He probably hears a lot of short jokes himself.'

"Like mommy?" she asks innocently.

You sigh and hang your head a little. "Like mommy. Anyway, people, we've got a plan! Everyone, head to the Lookout."

A short trip there later, you explain to Trip your plan. She gives a mildly concerned look, telling you to be careful, but agrees to allow you to use the Pendulum Room to practice against Cooler and Freeza. Popo guides you all to the room, Vegeta begrudgingly powering down at Goku's recommendation.

Once inside the room, you're transported back to the incident. And there, you hear a voice you haven't heard in a while. "FREEEEZZAAAAAA!" Goku's dad roars, plowing his way through soldiers. Nappa, to your surprise, gives him an approving comment.

"At least he went out like a proper Saiyan. Fighting to the end."

Raditz gives a nod as well. "Didn't work. But he had the guts to do it on his own."

Vegeta readies himself. "Freeza is mine. Don't interfere."

>A. Seek out Cooler's ship
>B. Stick with Vegeta
>C. Try to help out Bardock
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!
>E. Something else?
>>
>>48293451
>E. Go kill King Vegeta, that never gets old.
>>
>>48293451
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!
>>
>>48293451
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>48293451
>>48293479
backing
backing
backing
>>
>>48293479
King Vegeta is already dead.
>>
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!
>>
>>48293525
No he isn't.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9d9e7yu9ug
Story: Bullshit.
>>
>>48293451
>D. Chi-chi, fusion!

But now the question is: do we try to see if we can gank Cooler ASAP, or draw it out so that he pulls out all the stops?
>>
>>48293596
Probably draw it out so we don't get surprised by anything in the real world.
>>
>>48293525
Since that bit about his death is told by an unreliable narrator, there is a 50/50 chance he's alive right now.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>>48293648
1-Heads
2-Frieza's new belt
>>
>>48293677
Welp, he's not Frieza's new belt.
>>
>>48293451
>E. Something else?
Can we have someone IT over to Bardock and bring'em over to Goku?

I always love father-son time...
>>
So do you guys think Towa can interfere with the pendulum room at all?
>>
>>48293793
>>
>>48293793
Don't think so unless we meet 'Penedulum Towa'
>>
>>48291721
Hi Kato hi questers
>>
>>48293648
Hey, he could've sent a look-a-like in his place to die, and then go off to form a Saiyan Colony out somewhere. Probably name the new world after Vegeta and Tarble's momma.
>>
File: Queen_Hotness.png (874 KB, 672x1149) Image search: [Google]
Queen_Hotness.png
874 KB, 672x1149
>>48293944
>Vegeta and Tarble's momma.
>>
>>48293451
"Good luck, Vegeta!" you tell him, Lapis teleporting you to Cooler's ship with everyone but Vegeta, Nappa, and to your surprise, Raditz, who moves to Bardock. "Chi-chi, before he's out, fusion."

She nods in agreement, the two of you readying yourselves. "Fuuuuuu..."

"-sion!"

"HA!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akDKRow0QiA

You slam your fist into your palm. Machi's back, baby!

Lapis and Yamcha fuse as well, Lacha standing beside you as Acer, Lazuli, and Chuu Lee ready themselves. Goku powers up, places his hands on his hips, and shouts, "Come on out Cooler!"

A door on the top of the ship opens, Cooler floating out in the same hoverchair Freeza has, flanked by his henchmen. Lazuli glares at them all, her body trembling. The alien tyrant gives a dismissive look at you all. "If you're trying to challenge me, you're all making a terrible mistake."

"The only mistake here is the one you made by ruining people's lives, Cooler." Lazuli roars at him.

The three minions with him try to check you all with their Scouters... which promptly explode as Goku goes Super Saiyan.

>A. Attack! Go after Cooler!
>B. Take out the minions first
>C. Lazuli, give your trick a try! Everyone else, here're some sunglasses!
>D. RAIO-TEN!
>E. KAIO-KEN!
>F. Spirit Bits, ready to go!
>G. Something else?
>>
>>48293984

Looks more like a Tenchi Muyo Jurai character, rather than a Toriyama-style Saiyan.

I think it's the lack of spiky hair, really.
>>
>>48294027
>D. RAIO-TEN!
>>
>>48294027
>G. Something else?
I wanna see how much Samma Vaca weakens Cooler compared to his brother.
>>
>>48294027
>G. Something else?

Samma Ajiva (or whatever that ally support boost one is) on Vegeta.
>>
>>48294027
>B. Take out the minions first
>>
>>48294027

>>48294063

Pretty much this. We have to make it clear to Cooler that we're a big threat and that he's going to have to defend himself seriously.
>>
>>48294081
Vegeta is in a different fight. Besides he wants to do it alone.
>>
>>48294027
>D. RAIO-TEN!

I feel like the henchman are just going to evaporate or stay the fuck away with how much high powered shit is about to be thrown around.
>>
Did Cooler start training inbetween the time Frieza blew up Planet Vegeta in order to get his next form?

I figure the pendulum room is a good measure of their power since Frieza, and Cold don't actually train. However Cooler said it himself he worked his ass off to get one over his brother.
>>
>>48294027
>G. We can do better than just spirit bits, we're MaCHI, after all! Spirit Slicers and decapsuled weapons enhanced with Z-Spirit Stingers.
>>
Does Machi have a fused version of the rainbow sword and bansho fan?

Bansho Rainbow?
>>
Rolled 19, 1, 18, 7, 1 = 46 (5d20)

Roll me 1d20, best of five. DC is 14.
>>
>G. power blade bits
>>
Rolled 16 (1d20)

>>48294177
NO WHAMMIES PLEASE.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>48294177
give us time to get some fused tactics out for voting, goddamn
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>48294177
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>48294177
>>
A list of techniques we can combine with Chichi's would be nice...

DESU a known technique list for all our people would be nice but that's time consuming as fuck.
>>
dice+1d20

first roll... hopefully
>>
Rolled 20 (1d20)

>>48294177
:^)
>>
>>48294223

thank you pointy nosed smiley man!
>>
>>48294223
just keep on smilln' buddy, you've earned it.
>>
>>48294177
>>48294223
Those Spirit Slicers better produce Blood Fountains out of the Armored Squadron. Like, tiny tornados of blade.
>>
Rolled 1, 10, 18, 19, 16 = 64 (5d20)

>>48294189
>>48294197
>>48294208
>>48294211
>>48294223
Well damn, Tuffle luck lasts even through the fusion.

Writing after this roll...
>>
>>48294251
Um...
>>
>>48294251
>all these 1, and 19's.
Liam is funny today.

Can we show the Armored Squadron our Ginyu Badge or magic materalize one up before we taken them out?

I WANT THEM TO KNOW THAT THEY WERE BEATEN BY GINYU FORCES' BEST!
>>
Rolled 7, 12, 16, 10, 20 = 65 (5d20)

>>48294267
>Liam is funny today.
[bleat of disapproval]
>>
Could we combine our Geist Magnum and Phantom Shotgun into a new technique in our fused state?

Basically take the burst of power from Phantom Shotgun and add it to the speed of geist magnum.

Ecto-Plasma Blast!
>>
File: Machi.png (157 KB, 223x640) Image search: [Google]
Machi.png
157 KB, 223x640
>>48294027
You take your stance alongside Goku and Lacha, while Acer, Lazuli, and Chuu Lee ready themselves against Cooler's goons.

The three aliens strike a pose. "We of Cooler's Armored Squadron will not let you freaks get past us!"

With a combined roar, everyone powers up and charges. Lazuli takes on the Brench alien while Acer and Chuu Lee fight the frog-like one and green, hulking one respectively. You, Goku, and Lacha bolt at Cooler, taking turns attacking him. At first he seems to have the upper hand against the other fusion, but with your Spirit Bits coming to aid to shield him against Cooler's attacks. Goku then enters the fray, his fist slamming into Cooler's jaw hard enough to send him crashing through his ship. Lacha forms a sphere of Ki in his palm, but a strange aura surrounds it, power swirling around.

"DRAGON SPHERE!" he roars, firing what seems to be a purple, black, and blue Ki attack shaped like Goku's Dragon Fist with the Spirit Ball inside it. The dragon strikes Cooler repeatedly, Lacha directing it.

"Samma Vaca!" you shout, weakening Cooler further. He's probably only at 75 million right now. Goku follows through with his Meteor Combination, the final attack blasting Cooler right at you. You drop it long enough to form a Spirit Sword, and, with an added bit of ingenuity, manage to combine part of it with the Power Slicer, the blade becoming less of a sword and more of a Ki chainsaw. The attack slashes Cooler in the side, missing his vitals, but cutting his tail clear off halfway.

(cont.)
>>
File: Cooler-final_4.png (363 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Cooler-final_4.png
363 KB, 640x480
>>48294727
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u98OekvRTw

Cooler looks back at you all. He's... livid. "You... YOU CUT OFF MY TAIL." Goku and Lacha move to you, ready to strike again... but then you sense Cooler's Ki rise. "I guess it was good that I tried training myself. You fools will be the first to ever witness this form in combat!"

Cooler's body grows, armor shifting, head gaining a strange crown of sorts as spikes jet out from his arms and legs, eyes becoming blood-red. To complete the transformation, his face gains a mouth plate. What's more... his wounds seem to heal up. His power level... it's enormous. It feels closer to Towa's than anything you've felt before. As soon as he's done... he immediately fires a beam at Lacha, striking him in the shoulder as he barely dodges in time to avoid it hitting his heart. Goku quickly tries to fire a Kamehameha and...

...Cooler SWIMS THROUGH IT, popping out the other side and punching the Super Saiyan's jaw, sending him flying. You barely manage to make a barrier with the Spirit Bits as he fires at you as well, almost nonchalantly. The barrier can barely hold the attack, shattering but keeping it from harming you. "It was a mistake to cut off my tail. You will suffer for that."

>A. KAIO-KEN! TIMES FIVE!
>B. Guys, some backup!
>C. Heal Lacha, quickly!
>D. Spirit Saw! Try to make it count!
>E. Something else?
>>
>>48294739
>E. Something else?
LUNAR SIREN!
>>
>E.Magnified Phantom Shotgun
>>
>>48294739
>D. Spirit Saw! Try to make it count!

Alright good. We learned of Coolers 5th form IC.
>>
>>48294739
Need another attack.
>>
>>48294739
Grab his severed tail and start beating him with it.
>>
Rolled 5, 19, 4, 4, 12 = 44 (5d20)

Okay, 1d20, best of five. DC is 18.
>>
Rolled 13 (1d20)

>>48294980
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>48294980
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>48294980
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>48294980
>>
>>48295001
>>48295027
Welp. Liam's abandoned us.

Time for Cooler to rip our fusion apart like cotton candy.
>>
Rolled 13, 10, 20, 8, 15 = 66 (5d20)

>>48294989
>>48295001
>>48295027
>>48295034
>>48295041
...welp.
>>
Rolled 20, 7, 4, 2, 10 = 43 (5d20)

>>48295067
...WELP!

Writing after this roll...
>>
>two 20's

Well I guess we know who's pulling the weight around here.
>>
>>48295091
Interesting... I mean the dice know how to create drama.
>>
>First roll
Friends get 1s, we get 20.

>Second roll
We get 1, Friends get 20s

Liam is an equal opportunist.
>>
File: cooler05.jpg (35 KB, 480x375) Image search: [Google]
cooler05.jpg
35 KB, 480x375
>>48294739
You try to brace yourself, forming a sphere of Ki in your hand... only for Cooler to shoot it, barely missing your hand as he does. You let your Ki surge. "KAIO-KEN TIMES FIVE!" you scream, forming the Spirit Saw again... only for Cooler to catch your arm, breaking it in his grip.

"Not this time."

A beam shoots right through your heart next. Your vision starts to fade as you see him prepare to fire at you again. You see... a golden glow moving towards the battle as you hear Acer and Goku scream your names.

...you wake up, rubbing your head. Chi-chi gets up next to you, checking to make sure there isn't a hole in her chest, then sighing in relief. "Ugh... that... hurt like hell."

"Well, lesson learned, Cooler is way, way stronger than us..."

"MAMA!" two voices scream... breaking the door to the Pendulum room. Gohan and Peppa nearly pounce at you, tears in their eyes.

"Shh, shh, I'm okay, it's okay sweeties." You try to comfort them, fingers gently going through their blonde hair.

...wait.

WAIT, WHAT?!

Trip comes in, having chased after them, panting. "Th-there you two ar- ...oh my."

You look at your kids, lip trembling a little. They sob into your shirt, not really aware of what's going on. "Thought... thought you were..."

You just hold the two tight. "I'm... I'm right here."

(cont.)
>>
>>48295509
More presences seem to come in after you. First is Goku, who bolts over to you and picks you up in relief, Acer heading to Chi-chi. "Sorry Maple, I didn't-" Goku starts, but stops. Gohan and Peppa's hair returns to normal the moment their dad notices, the two of them starting to rest against you. Vegeta didn't seem to catch it himself, as he leaves in a bit of a huff, Nappa following. But before he goes, Nappa turns to Raditz and gives an approving nod. "Guess you're really not such a weakling after all, kid."

You look to Raditz. Seems your kids weren't the only ones who managed it today either.

>A. Sorry about that, guys. How did the fight with Cooler go?
>B. Goku! Goku Goku Goku! They did it!
>C. The blonde looks nice on you, Raditz
>D. Something else?
>>
Goddamn!!
>>
>>48295521

Well we know how dangerous this is.
>>
>>48295521
Too hype

Then

Then
>>
>>48295521
>D. Something else?
"This means the kids can start training!"
>>
>>48295550
>>48295546
>>48295545
This
>>
>D. Whats up with Vegeta?
>>
File: GkP.jpg (91 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GkP.jpg
91 KB, 1920x1080
Okay but really though.
Those 20s.

Stealth rolls had 20s as well.
>>
>Maple makes an awesome map of Earth for all the sweet locations to take the kids to go training

Time for a trip down memory lane!
>>
>>48295610
What did they do specifically?
>>
>>48295521
>D. Something else?

It's a Super Saiyan bargain sale!
>>
File: goku-so-happy.jpg (156 KB, 680x498) Image search: [Google]
goku-so-happy.jpg
156 KB, 680x498
>>48295521
You can barely contain your excitement. Neither can Goku. "Goku! Goku, Goku, Goku! Monkey boy they did it! THEY DID IT!" you say gleefully, trying not to say it too loud as the kids start to fall asleep in your arms. "This might be a Super Saiyan bargain sale, but it came in at just the right time!" You grin gleefully, turning to Raditz. "The blonde looks good on you, Raditz! What triggered it?"

He looks away. "...I saw Freeza kill my father and gloat. Vegeta didn't even try to prevent it. I... I felt helpless. Then I started to feel others die. Like you... I couldn't help anyone. My comrades, my father. After everything I'd done, I felt so weak. Weakling Raditz." He clenches his fist. "I wouldn't have that happen again. I took that self-loathing and worked to do something about it."

You give him a thumb's up with Goku. "So, uh... sorry about that. What all happened with the fight against Cooler?"

"After you scared us half to death, we all tried to converge on Cooler. He... he's stronger than we thought he'd be. Nearly killed the rest of us." Acer starts.

(cont.)
>>
File: Super_Saiyan_Raditz.jpg (157 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Super_Saiyan_Raditz.jpg
157 KB, 1024x768
>>48296011
"Goku and Raditz worked together to attack him. I..." Lazuli looks away. "I tried to shove a Destructo Disk in his neck at point blank range. Didn't work, he broke my arm and nearly my neck when I got close, but gave Yamcha and my brother a chance to attack him with their 'Dragon Ball' thing."

"Dragon Sphere." Lapis corrects her. "Combination of my Dragon Flare and Yamcha's Spirit Ball, yes, but it'd get confusing if we called it that. Looks like that Shadow Magic came in handy after all. Managed to wear him down enough that Goku and Raditz could finish him off with Chuu Lee's help. Only barely, though."

"Just please, PLEASE don't do that when he's actually here." your brother pleads. "We know King Cold is dangerous too."

"I wouldn't mind giving more of a support role. This is going to be a real challenge." Chi-chi comments, looking at her chest again.

>A. I think the front lines would be better, we need to take him down quickly
>B. You're right, we can stay back and put our other skills to good use
>C. So, after Freeza's dealt with, ready to give the kids some training?
>D. Trip, how did the kids know?
>E. Something else?
>>
>>48296035
>>B. You're right, we can stay back and put our other skills to good use
Lets be honest guys. We aren't the strongest in this fight, but we fucking EXCEL at support.
>>
>>48296035
>>
>>48296074
This.
>>
>>48296035

>E. Something else?
Should we try getting the Kaiju to help us out? After that Space Godzilla battle I'm sure Gamera and Godzilla both wanna test out their new power. Plus the other kaiju would be very helpful.
>>
>>
>>48296074
supporting
>>
File: Chi-chi-dbo.png (130 KB, 353x578) Image search: [Google]
Chi-chi-dbo.png
130 KB, 353x578
>>48296035
You smile warmly at your brother and Chi-chi. "That's a good point. I guess we'll be able to help more as support than on the front lines. I mean, we might be as strong as you, Goku, when we fuse, but even that has its limits. I doubt we have enough time to really surpass you guys before Freeza, Cooler, and Cold get here. But you bet your ass we can make sure you stay alive long enough to kick theirs."

"Completely reasonable." Chi-chi states.

"I won't let you down, Maple." Goku says with a confident smile.

"Me neither!" Chuu Lee adds. "I'll be able to give immediate support in case it's needed, and I was able to do some damage to Cooler. We can win this."

You look to Trip. "Say, uh, how did the kids know about... you know?"

She hangs her head. "My apologies, I tried to watch over them, but they managed to sneak into the control room with Mr. Popo. Right... right when you were..."

You pat your kids gently. "It's all right. They know we're fine, now. Better that they don't end up seeing something like that up and close."

Goku takes Peppa into his arms, her tail wrapping around one as she snuggles peacefully. "You two are gonna be catching up to us in no time."

"...say, after we finally beat Cooler and Freeza, think it'd be a good idea to take the kids on a 'field trip' of sorts? If they wanna practice martial arts like us, might as well show them all the people we trained from."

"Heh, trip down memory lane?" Acer questions. "That'd be nice. Maybe we can bring Izumi along."

>A. Check up on Vegeta, see how he really fared against Freeza this time
>B. Try to see if you can contact Tien's group for progress on finding Korin
>C. Start planning this all out, see who'd be better suited to fighting whom
>D. You're ready. Bing it on, PTO Tyrants! (skip to invasion day)
>E. Something else?

For reference:

Going into this you have 8 Senzus available, a Mighty Smoothie, and the Tree of Might revival sap.
>>
>>48296623
>>E. Something else?
Telepathically ask Nappa how Vegeta's fight went. I think we'll get a better accounting from him.

>>
>>48296623
>E. Something else?
>Ask Konpei if he has any rooms like the Pendulum Room to help the group prepare and permission to use it.
>>
>>48296623

We need to get all the information we can get on Cold. We don't know much of anything about him. Information on Frieza's methods of fighting would also be good.
>>
>A. Check up on Vegeta, see how he really fared against Freeza this time
>>
>>48296623
Could we scry the Ginyu Force using our Ginyu Badge as the foci? I bet their with Frieza.
>>
All right folks, let's do some planning.

Vegeta definitely wants to be the one to fight Freeza. Nappa will go with him.
Raditz is going to stick with Goku.
Chuu Lee is just a bit stronger than Goku. Could help by teaming up with him and Raditz, or could face someone on her own.
Lazuli may try to use herself as bait to single out Cooler and King Cold.

King Cold is around the strength of 5th form Cooler, now. Slightly weaker, but not significantly so. Freeza is Freeza. Note that Freeza may have an ulterior motive in coming along.

Tien's group is going to face off with a very, very dangerous foe soon and won't be able to help.

What's the game plan?
>>
>>48297075
Can we call in the Kaiju for help, or any of our many powerful allies in for helping?

After all, Annin can't guard the furnace if the entire planet is blown the fuck up.

Also what's Beelz doin'? I imagine he's fighting like...Demigra or something.
>>
>>48297101
Spike the Devilman would also be useful!
>>
>>48297075
We turn the moon into a spaceship and fly it to them as an arena.
>>
>>48297101
The Kaiju are busy with something in Arale's world.

Annin should stick with the furnace.

>>48297126
Spike could help.

>>48297149
You don't have enough time to accomplish that.

Also reminder that they have armies coming with.
>>
>>48297184
Of course we do, all we need is some capsule houses and someone to get out and push.
>>
>>48297075
We set up tournament called 'THE Son- MAHOGANY GAMES' and force King Cold, Frieza and Cooler to fight one at a time.
>>
>>48297075

Well, we should avoid fighting on Earth if at all possible. Perhaps we could scout out if there are other locations that we could fight on? Perhaps some sort of uninhabited planet right in the path of the PTO fleet?

Vegeta's good enough right now to keep Freeza occupied, if nothing else. If he trains like crazy, he may even become powerful to 1v1 Freeza.

The rub here is getting King Cold or Cooler to commit to a 1v1 fight. If they're within range of each other and aware of each other, I'd bet that any one of them will intervene the moment one or the other is about to bite it. Not to mention that facing down Cooler by himself was a pretty big team effort.

I'm thinking that we could try to lure Cooler or King Cold away from the main fleet to deal with Lazuli, while the rest of the defense force confronts Freeza on their way to Earth or on Earth.

If we manage to peel off King Cold or Cooler for a 1v1, we'll have to gank him quickly as a group and ensure that no communications gets out about what he's dealing with. That means that all of their retinue gets destroyed the moment the battle is joined.
>>
>>48297075
Can we have Trip do the power unlocking on Mark and the other B list Martial artists who will be helping with the army?
Hell, is Nail or anyone else we know willing to swing by and help out?
>>
>>48297075
Use our foresight to see how the battle goes and make contingency plans for everything that goes wrong. Then we review how each plan effects the battle and how it could change.
>>
>>48297075

Just make the entire thing a pose off.

Ginyu Force and the Armored Squadron would respect it.
>>
>>48297259

Basic rundown:

Priority: avoid fighting on Earth.

Vegeta gets to take on Frieza. He's strong enough to at the very least delay him, and could train up to a point where he could solo him.

Lazuli is used as bait to lure King Cold OR Cooler away from the main PTO fleet on a distant planet that is pretty far away from the Milky Way galaxy.

When the bait is taken, we destroy the PTO retinue that is brought along with them. At this point, we can either try to deal with whoever took the bait right away, or maroon them on said planet by annihilating their ships and any means of communication. Then we use Instant Transmission to travel back to where-ever the other remnant of the PTO fleet is.

Hopefully, we can intercept the remaining PTO fleet before it reaches Earth proper, and try to gank Cold/Cooler while Freeza is trying to deal with Vegeta.
>>
Is Instant Transmission able to move large objects like the PTO's ships at all?
>>
>>48297259
>>48297367
Where exactly would you be fighting?
>>
File: FakeNamek.png (159 KB, 437x337) Image search: [Google]
FakeNamek.png
159 KB, 437x337
>>48297412
FAKE NAMEK!

FAKE NAMEK!
>>
>>48297447
....The robo lion's power level should still be there...

I say we sick him on the PTO.
>>
>>48297412

Like another poster suggested, Fake Namek might be good if it's not too far away.
>>
Rolled 1, 17, 20, 6, 15 = 59 (5d20)

All right, let's give this a shot. Best of five, 1d20. DC is 17.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d20)

>>48297550
The fuck is up today Liam?
>>
Rolled 2 (1d20)

>>48297550
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>48297550
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>48297550
This is the roll to save the day
>>
>>48297597
>>48295001
I Should Stop Rolling.
>>
Rolled 12 (1d20)

>>48297550
>>
WE'RE FUCKED. WE'RE TOTALLY FUCKED.

BAIL

BAAAIL!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d20)

>>48297550
well fine. If no one wants to roll then I will
>>
BAIL OUT

GODS HAVE FORSAKEN US

IT'S OUR LAST DAY AND I'M NOT SPENDING IT HERE
>>
>>48297558
>>48297578
>>48297597
>>48297611
>>48297680
I'm going to revoke your right to complain about Acer's rolling from now on.

Writing...
>>
File: bleating.jpg (88 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
bleating.jpg
88 KB, 400x267
Rolled 17, 8, 19, 15, 19, 7, 20, 3, 19, 3 = 130 (10d20)

>Distant bleating is heard
>>
>>48297683
That could have been even worse if it was roll 5.
>>
>>48297723
...I need an adult
>>
>>48297703
>>48297681

Anyone remember where the dimensional portal-gun is?
>>
Hey, Kato, once the thread is done for the night, would you mind if I were to ask the thread some questions regarding starting my own DBZ quest? I know the board is already pretty saturated with them, but I've got some ideas that I think might make for a more unique experience. Obviously, any advice you would be willing to give would be immensely appreciated, as well.

Regardless, I don't want to clog up the thread until we're done for the night, but I figured I'd ask in advance; both so I could check with you, and also so anyone interested can stick around, as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 299x168
Kato is kill, post bad Super screencaps
>>
File: ohgodno.jpg (150 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
ohgodno.jpg
150 KB, 1024x639
>>48298205
This is what we're going to be facing isn't it.
>>
File: FakePlanet.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FakePlanet.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>48296623
You give Nappa a telepathic questioning of how Vegeta's battle with Freeza went. Initially surprised by this, he seems to shrug and think it over. Apparently, it was in Vegeta's favor most of the fight, but once Freeza hit his final form, it was a lucky shot from Bardock that distracted Freeza long enough for Vegeta to gain a second wind. Freeza... retaliated like Raditz claimed. But Vegeta managed to claim the victory. He's frustrated by this. Nappa recognizes why Vegeta would be, but personally finds what Bardock did to be justifiable in the eyes of Saiyan culture.

In the next few days, you try to gather information on King Cold... but there's very little to find, even with the Pendulum Room. Trip comments that it's straining the room's capabilities to keep trying to find more, and aside from him being Freeza and Cooler's father and the king of his race, he's shrouded in mystery. And entering the sneak attack Lazuli planned on him... just results in Cooler attacking first.

You do come up with a truly genius idea: try and lure the PTO forces to that Fake Planet you met the two shapeshifting aliens on. But the problem is that it's too far away to travel to, and there's no large Ki signatures to lock onto, the lion monster being mechanical and only detected by your Scouter. You attempt to scry for it with your brother, and while he manages a lead, you...

Well.

That's definitely Towa's natural hair color. Ugh.

(cont.)
>>
>>48298253
You even try to meditate on your foresight, to see if there's anything you can plan for by looking into the future. What you do see is a boy with hair like Bulma's, not yet a teen, and a boy about his age that looks like Goku, the two of them with a Namekian, who reminds you of Nail. They're... fighting Lapis and Lazuli, but something is off about them. There's... an aura of malice in how they fight.

A couple fighters do manage to get their Potential Unlocked, but Trip all too quickly realizes how straining the skill can be. Lapis and Lazuli are ready, and even Spike manages to get himself ready for the incoming invasion. Your attempts to convince King Cold, Cooler, and Freeza to meet on another planet get interrupted by... of all things, a very annoyed communications officer going by the name of "Jenkins" who keeps telling you that they have all information on "Number 18" that they need.

A chill goes down your spine the day they arrive in the Sol system. Two ships, with three titanic Ki signatures, followed by several dozen less strong ones and possibly a thousand or more grunt ones. To your honest surprise and relief, the Ginyu Force and Kuriza can't be sensed on the ships.

>A. Try one last time to convince them to fight somewhere other than Earth
>B. Suggest to try to strike first, before they land (that worked out so well the last time, right?)
>C. Tell everyone to get ready and congregate where the ships land
>D. Something else?
>>
File: toei forgot to pay the bills.png (53 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
toei forgot to pay the bills.png
53 KB, 1000x1000
>>48298059
I could, sure.

>>48298231
Not yet.

>>48298205
>>
>>48298272
>Take the time to apply all the buffs we possibly can before the big fight
>>
>>48298272
>D. Something else? Mind reading, tell the invaders landing coordinates to wasteland for the fight. Also galactic greeting
>>
>>48298272
>D. Something else?
Contact Kuriza. Tell him we're finally going to pull in that favor for not ratting him out.

Then dial space 9-11 and call the Galactic Patrol. See if they wanna actually do something about that PTO problem or just be ineffectual figure heads in a broken system.

Remind them that

>The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
>>
>>48298272

Also this: >>48298371

Stupid Jenkins, being so good at his job!
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>48298296
>>
>>48298253
>Well.

>That's definitely Towa's natural hair color. Ugh.

L-Lewd

>>48298296
Thanks, friend Kato.
>>
>>48298371
Call GP good idea
>>
...I kinda want Lapis and Lazuli to become Galactic Patrolmen.

Just the irony of those two becoming space cops...delicious. Especially if they ever do meet 17 and 18 in some bizarre way.
>>
>>48298716
It'll never happen. 17 is obviously destined to become a galactic park ranger.
>>
File: Freeza-smug.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Freeza-smug.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
>>48298272
After you've given the Galactic Patrol contact on Freeza's arrival, with, to your relief their statement that they'll send some people your way, you stand with Bulma and her father as the two of you try as hard as you both can to get the PTO forces away from Earth, going through several people in communications. The ones on King Cold and Cooler's ship are... disturbingly nice, claiming that they mean no ill will and are simply there to apprehend "the terrorist." More worryingly, Freeza's ship seems to have ulterior motives. Your calls are eventually directly taken to Freeza himself.

"I see that the inhabitants of this planet are not as simple as they seemed. Sadly if you are not currently aware, this planet was scheduled for conquest for quite some time. We promise not to bring too much harm to this pristine world. Who knows! I may be nice enough to allow some of you to survive. Though it seems one of you has already put his chips in with the winning team."

"...one of us?" Bulma repeats nervously. "Who... who are you talking about?"

"Why, the man who saved my father's life of course!" Freeza answers with malice masked through polite tone. "He's currently enjoying time with some of our best and most brilliant scientists. I believe his name is... Dr. Gero, was it?"

(cont.)
>>
>>48298894
...GODS DAMN IT. You and Bulma look at each other. Of course. Of course she has her hands in this. Her and Gero. I bet he's made some sort of deal with Freeza as well. "How... how long has he been working with you?"

"I doubt you will find much use for this information, Earthling. Unless you're willing to submit to my rule like the rest of your people should. Oh, and while you're at it... allow me usage of certain... tools, your planet has access to. Actually, no need in asking. We'll get them one way or another."

Communications are cut. You find your head hitting a wall a couple times. "Gods. Damn. It."

"It all makes sense now." Acer comments. "Towa was probably watching the whole thing. She might have seen Lazuli attack Cooler and hatched a plan with Gero to save Cold's life. And by approaching Freeza with it, the two would have something to argue over to keep them apart. And... if Freeza knows about the Dragon Balls..."

"They're still stone, aren't they?" Bulma asks.

"Freeza doesn't know that." you grumble, quickly trying to fix the dent you made in Bulma's wall. You sense Vegeta and Nappa start to fly off as Freeza and Cold's ships enter the Earth's atmosphere.

>A. Someone needs to clean up Freeza's soldiers as they hunt for the Dragon Balls, and hopefully keep Vegeta and Nappa from hearing about them
>B. Brobro, let's meet everyone at the Cold's landing site
>C. Pray, because you'll need a small miracle to get through this if a single thing goes wrong
>D. Something else?
>>
>>48298906
>C. Pray, because you'll need a small miracle to get through this if a single thing goes wrong
>>
>>48298906
>A. Someone needs to clean up Freeza's soldiers as they hunt for the Dragon Balls, and hopefully keep Vegeta and Nappa from hearing about them
>>
>>48298906
>>A. Someone needs to clean up Freeza's soldiers as they hunt for the Dragon Balls, and hopefully keep Vegeta and Nappa from hearing about them
>>B. Brobro, let's meet everyone at the Cold's landing site
>>C. Pray, because you'll need a small miracle to get through this if a single thing goes wrong
>>
File: technicallyhesourbrother.png (204 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
technicallyhesourbrother.png
204 KB, 640x480
>>48298906
>D. Something else?
>IT with Brobro to Ghost Dad's world. Tell him we've completed our mission but now Frieza and the PTO is attacking Neo Planet Plant.. Ask for Ghost Warrior reinforcements, destron gas for the soldiers and fuggin God Guardon. Maybe Hatchiyak too.

THIS PLAN WON'T FAIL.

as for the Saiyan living thing?

Uuuh...we're so evil we enslaved him, gave him brain damage (scan his head Raichi! confirming it) and made him our SSJ boytoy.

We even had a couple of experiments of our own, with less sophisticated means since Raichi can make test tube babies.
>>
>>
>>48298906
>D. Meditate before they get close, calm your mind. Need to mentally prepare before the battle of your life begins
>>
File: Goku-huh.png (1 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Goku-huh.png
1 MB, 1600x900
>>48298906
You take a deep breath. "Brobro... somebody needs to head there to make sure they can pick off Freeza's men hunting the Dragon Balls. And hopefully make sure Vegeta and Nappa don't catch wind of Freeza's plan."

"I'll... I'll see who we can get over there." He looks down. "...Maple."

"Yeah?"

"The odds aren't in our favor." he states grimly. "If we take one wrong step..."

You put your hand on his shoulder. "Then we pray for a small miracle. I know, a single thing going wrong could make things go ugly really quickly... but we're not gonna lose hope. Not before it's started."

He looks up and smiles. "Yeah."

"Let's get going." You turn to Bulma. "Take care."

She gives a small laugh. "I should be the one telling you two that. Good luck."

Yamcha walks over and gives her a kiss. "I'll see you after this. I promise."

Peppa and Gohan run to you and hug your legs tight. "Mama, dun go!"

Goku gently picks them both up. "We gotta go, kiddos. To make sure we can start training you two, starting tomorrow. Gotta make sure there is a tomorrow first."

Gohan holds out his pinkies to you and Goku. "Promise?"

With a Pinky swear, you and your husband repeat. "Promise."

You all start flying, meeting Raditz and Chuu Lee. Along the way, you sense something peculiar: Mark seems to be headed to Vegeta and Nappa, with Spike... but there's someone else there. You have no idea who it could be, doesn't feel like anyone you know... and whoever this person is, they're definitely suppressing their Ki. Scouter would only give them a reading of 5 if you checked. As you arrive, you see Lapis and Lazuli stare down the ship, thankfully landing in a wasteland. Goku and Raditz look to each other and nod, Chuu Lee giving a little stretch. To your surprise, Goku then turns to you and asks, "Say, Maple... I know this is sudden, but mind giving me a new outfit for this? Kinda want something like yours."

>A. Heh, sure thing, monkey boy
>B. Maybe after we're done
>C. Something else?
>>
File: monkey king.jpg (203 KB, 909x1287) Image search: [Google]
monkey king.jpg
203 KB, 909x1287
>>48299693
"Any thing for my Monkey King."

EVERY FUCKING ENCHANTMENT WE HAVE GOES INTO IT.
>>
>>48299742
This. Our man can use every edge we can give him.
>>
>>48299693

Let me guess. That swag as fuck new DB Heroes outfit Kato?
>>
>>48299693
Traditional Roshi colors, all the usual durability enhancements and anti-magic stuff. Also, instead of the turtle symbol can we put a maple tree there?
>>
>>48299742
This!
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 1000x1824) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 1000x1824
>>48299778
I think Kato means the one like this. Turtle Master Gi, but in Goku's red-orange and blue
>>
>>48299848
Ah. I was referring to the one at the end of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pypIQZbWHQ
>>
>>
>>48299778
Let's put it to a vote. Your options are:

>>48299742

>>48299790

>>48299848

Or pic related.

10 minutes to decide.
>>
>>48299877
I'll go w/ >>48299877
>>
>>48299877
Turtle master
>>
>>48299877
Your pic related. Even has the power pole.
>>
>>48299877
I'm >>48299742

Can we give him the Son Wukong look over this one? Because I was not aware of this and this looks dope. It could get destroyed and reveal this bitchin' outfit and be the one that's reinforced with all our enchantments.

I dunno, I think it'd be cool.
>>
>>48299877

>>48299848
That is a very stylish outfit. It has my vote.
>>
>>48299877
Holy shit that outfit looks awesome. It has my vote.
>>
Rolled 6, 10, 4, 11, 7 = 38 (5d20)

>>48299877
20S FOR THE 20S GOD
17-19S FOR THE 17-19 THRONE
>>
>>48299948
... The gods do not care for my sacrifice ._.

Knew I should've sacrificed a beetle and a spider instead.
>>
>>48299877
Your pic. Man why is Heroes so good?
>>
Haven't seen Heroes, but >>48299877's a pretty bitchin' outfit for sure. But monkey boy requested one like ours, so >>48299848
>>
>>48299877
Yeah going with that outfit. Goddamn it looks awesome.
>>
>>48299848
I'll go with this one in orange
>>
>>48299877
That one, Heroes one.
>>
Well, all right. Looks like we're going with >>48299877

Writing...
>>
>>48300064
Oh boy. Not even mad I lost
>>
>>48300064

When we greet the Cold Family, when we do our usual pose introducton we should incorporate it with the fusion dance so it doesn't get stopped during the fight.
So that means everyone who fuses needs to pose. NO CHOICE! Intro, and everything. These guys usually get a Ginyu Force show, so we gotta go all out.
>>
>>48300064
Being honest, I wouldn't mind if that became TuffleQuest!Goku's default outfit.
>>
>>48300199
We could slowly add or change it over the years too.

We should play dress up with everyone more often. It's fun.
>>
>>48300199
And
>>48300223
Someone summon Xenoverse anon
>>
>>48300223
Lazuli and Chichi deserve an expanded wardrobe.
>>
File: Masamune.png (19 KB, 141x132) Image search: [Google]
Masamune.png
19 KB, 141x132
>>48300249
Ok.

Uh....let our powers combine?

Swords!
>>
>>48300305
>>48300249
Hey guys sorry, can't post wardrobe now. If thread's still up or part 2s after noon tomorrow can throw some ideas out.
>>
Is Kato kill?
>>
>>48299693
You giggle sweetly at him. "Of course, monkey boy." You start to design something like yours... but then you get an idea. "Actually, I think you'll like this one better." With one CLOTHES BEAM away, you give Goku an outfit similar to your own, but with a few clear differences. Goku looks it over, then gives you a thumb's up. You spot Cooler and King Cold exit their ship with their minions.

"Guess he's seen better days." Lazuli comments as the clearly cyborg King Cold looks around. Looks like they couldn't save a lot of him, given all those spare parts sticking out of his body.

Goku and Raditz fly down first, followed by Chuu Lee, then Lapis and Lazuli, with you, Acer, Chi-chi, and Yamcha staying back. Cooler steps forward, as does Lazuli. The tyrant gives her a smug look, even through his transformed state. "You finally have the courage to face me, girl. It takes a lot of guts to look down your certain demise like that. I commend you... but don't think your head will not be mounted as an example of what happens to those who defy my family's father."

"The only one with the certain demise is you, Cooler." she replies.

"And this is the pitiful defense force your planet offers? One... no, two Saiyans? Some other pathetic humans?" the cyborg King Cold comments. "I thought my son wiped out most of you."

(cont.)
>>
File: Future-Trunks37072200-500-323.gif (500 KB, 500x323) Image search: [Google]
Future-Trunks37072200-500-323.gif
500 KB, 500x323
>>48300522
"He did." Raditz confirms. "And forced most of the rest of us into serving him. I am Raditz. I use to be a lackey of Vegeta and Nappa's. Not anymore. I'll carve out my own destiny, my own future, with my brother Kakarot, the one raised on this planet as 'Goku.'" He smirks. "Who became the one that Freeza fears. The warrior of Legend. A Super Saiyan."

Goku powers up, his golden glow illuminating the area. The soldiers' Scouters all start to explode as they try to get a reading on Goku. "Oh, but you won't just be facing one Super Saiyan."

Raditz clenches his fists and lets out a roar. The ground beneath him trembles as his hair changes color, gaining the same golden aura your husband has. Chuu Lee and Lapis ready themselves, Lazuli moving back. Raditz cracks his knuckles. "It'll be two Super Saiyans."

You head down with everyone else... but then you sense someone approach. Who... wait a minute! That's-!

"Actually, make that three!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0aj2PUSgD8

>DRAGON BALL TUFFLE QUEST Z #40 END
>Twitter account is @KatoQm, will have status updates there
>Got some questions for the QM? Characters? Suggestions? Throw them at ask.fm/QMKato and I'll try to answer them as best I can

And that's all for tonight, folks. I'll be around for questions like usual. Did y'all have fun?
>>
>>48300540
Time Patrol! You've finally done something useful for once!
Thanks for running, sorry for the bad rolls.
>>
>>48300540
Holy fuck Kato, this thread has been a roller coaster! And here I was thinking the quest was going to bad end here in a thread or three. What a ride. Question tho: how the fuck does that trunks exist in this time? Did Supreme Kai of Time lend us a Super Saiyan?
>>
>>48300616
Normal Trunks did show up in Human Quest as well.
>>
>>48300540
....Well shit.

We should call Blue and tell him his Great White Buffalo is here.

>>48300637
He also arrived once in our time line already!
>>
>>48300540
Fun as usual, Kato. Things are definitely not shaping up the way I expected them to.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1136x640
>>48300637
But patroller Trunks has appeared in this world twice already. Also we have talked with the SKoT once. And since Towa is influencing events like keeping Cold alive, may have had no other choice but to send the champion. Much more reliable than the hero of time DUMPLIN
>>
>>48300583
Well, it might be a bit more complicated than that...

>>48300616
He doesn't, and she's currently panicking. Time Patrol Trunks is panicking as well.

>>48300649
You... certainly could do that.

And technically... yes.

>>48300653
Glad to hear. This won't be the only surprise of the fight, I promise.

Anon wishing to run a quest, still want some pointers?
>>
>>48300715
Wait wat? Then how...? Fuck!
>>
>>48300715
So if this Trunks hadn't shown up how bad do you think this would have went for us? Also what does patroller Bardock think of this?
>>
>>48300776
Let me clarify. By 'this' I mean how this fight was shaping up, Maple and Goku, and the fact both of his sons and grandchildren are super saiyans.
>>
Also what did the twenties on these rolls mean?
>>48295067
>>48295084
>>
What if this Trunks is Pantea's and Gohan's son?
>>
File: HGH_shantae_ready_for_battle.png (141 KB, 873x925) Image search: [Google]
HGH_shantae_ready_for_battle.png
141 KB, 873x925
>>48300715
Why yes, I do. The basis for my main character is pic related, by the way.

So, for starters, I've followed pretty much all the Dragonball quests off and on for as long as I've been aware of them, including the ones that aren't running anymore. They've all had things about them I liked, but none of them have really done much different with the original plot aside from maybe changing the order in which villains arrive. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and there have certainly been exceptions, but I'm looking to try something different:

Maybe not all the Z Fighters join up. Maybe some other people have replaced them, or maybe certain less-useful characters from the original series have a little more time to shine. Oolong, in particular, is a character who could probably be really helpful under the right circumstances, even if he's really never going to be a fighter. In addition, I think there's a lot to be said for potentially setting some guidelines for differences between the characters' fighting styles. I'm the one who, months back, wrote up the post with suggestions for how each of the Z Fighters could progress differently in this quest, and I stand by that idea. When you think about it, how different are the characters' fighting styles, aside from maybe their signature moves?

I also had an idea regarding how to handle rolls: This quest has a leveling system, and I liked that idea, but I've often found myself wondering how much of a difference each level actually makes. Even with our HP stat, we're never really tracking that, and it all comes down to the narrative; which is a good thing, for the record, but I also want tracking improvement should go beyond that. My idea was to use a variety of dice, depending upon what sort of technique the main character uses. Something they're more familiar with would probably be something like 3d6, rather than a d20, to show a greater level of consistency.

(character limit blargh)
>>
>>48300892
Basically, I'm looking to try something new both story-wise and gameplay-wise. I want to challenge everyone's expectations of the story, while still keeping it very recognizable. Small differences with far-reaching consequences and all that.

So, here are my questions: First of all, should I start it at the beginning of Dragon Ball or DBZ? On one hand, Dragon Ball has so much stuff going on in it that's really important, and it gives the potential for the characters to build rapport long before space things happen. On the other hand, Dragon Ball has SO MUCH stuff going on in it that I'm probably going to need a refresher on it. Also, a lot of the changes I already have in mind are things that would happen during Z, but that's ultimately not a big deal.

Second, should Goku be in it at all? One of my ideas involved Goku either not being part of the story at all, or still being feral and essentially just being an early-story antagonist. This is more just a brainstorming idea, but it's something I figured I should ask.

Third, cast bloat is a problem that I'm going to try very hard to avoid, but there are a lot of supporting characters who are a lot more important than they seem at first. How would you recommend I handle that?

And finally, how much of a focus should gains have? On one hand, watching power levels rise is fun. On the other hand, fighting by the numbers isn't very fun at all. I'd like the fights to be much more about technique and strategy than just pure power, like how Dragon Ball and early DBZ fights tended to be. What's a good balance to strike there?

Thanks in advance, guys. Let me know what you all think.
>>
>>48300743
Strap yourself in. Because things are gonna get... interesting.

>>48300776
It would be a far harder struggle, and people would die. This doesn't mean the fight is going to be a cakewalk, though.

>>48300807
Bardock is more proud than he'd want to openly admit. He's interested in what's going on, but realizes it might be bad news. Peppa and Gohan transforming so quickly was a surprise, but he figured they had it in them. Peppa especially.

>>48300841
One was Goku, the other Raditz.
I don't actually show all the rolls I make, only ones that should have some kind of immediate impact. Gohan and Peppa was a complete surprise to me, believe me. But it did feel appropriate enough.

>>48300882
You already know what Trunks this is, if you follow the clues.
>>
>>48301145
>You already know what Trunks this is
GokuXBulma Trunks we saw with foresight once?
>>
File: BulmaLeigh.png (350 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
BulmaLeigh.png
350 KB, 640x480
>>48300892
>>48300989
I find this idea really interesting. Here are a few thoughts on this:

For the character you seem to want to let players run, I have three suggestions where she could fit best: Early Dragon Ball, where things are familiar but altered in some way (maybe Goku ended up on Namek instead of Earth, or Yardrat, or Metamor, or one of the GT planets if you feel like you don't want him in the story). This gives you familiar territory to run with and go through, but allows you to take some more dramatic turns (Grandpa Gohan still alive, for example). Trying to introduce someone in Z already has the "baggage" of Dragon Ball, where it's fine to start off as a point of divergence, but Z means there's either a lot to change or a lot to have people recall.

Next up is actually the Dragon Ball Online backstory timeline, where things have some similarity to Dragon Ball in the decrease in super strong fighters and lots more mystical beings and strange goings on happening. Your character could fit in easily, probably have an actual Majin companion to work with or something. This eliminates cast bloat and allows you to come up with new characters depending on how far you set it in the timeline. Although, this does mean more work for you as a QM, to get a decent cast set up. More freedom, but more work.

Lastly, you could potentially work with the Hero's Legacy timeline with Goku Jr. and Vegeta Jr. This depends on if you are good with a "like Goku/Vegeta, but..." stance on character. Neither one are flat, exactly, but both could be molded into different people than their ancestors if you want to take things down that route. This option also allows you more freedom to utilize new characters alongside having "established" ones to work off of. It also lets your own protagonist stand out a bit more, compared to the DBO timeline. As a final bonus, well, someone had to give Vegeta Jr. some pointers on fighting. And his mom, Bulma Leigh, has Saiyan blood...
>>
>>48301214
More than once, now.
>>
>>48301394
Wait so was >>48298272
That Trunks and Gohan too? Is that actually Nail with them? Oh shit is Nail their "Future Gohan?"
>>
>>48301394
Does that mean our forsight Created this other world? Does that mean multidimensional Towa conflict? Are we gonna have to train trunks so he can save it? Am I ever going to run out of questions?
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.