[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternative Roleplay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: ironbreaker-look-01.jpg (371 KB, 1000x1153) Image search: [Google]
ironbreaker-look-01.jpg
371 KB, 1000x1153
Have you guys ever did an adventure roleplay with no mechanics whatsoever?

As in, no dice rolls, no stats, nothing,
just descriptions and Dm's judgement?

Is there a name for that kind of roleplay style?
pic unrelated
>>
I did some acting in college and high school. With "Just Descriptions and GM's Judgement" it's very close to having a director and doing stage improv.
>>
>>48273237
It's called freeforming.

Could be fun with mature players who have similar tastes, but I find that at least a little guidance from mechanics helps.
>>
>>48273248
Yeah, it kinda works that way, Dm describes the immediate area and objects of interest,
while the character interacts with the world

now, its a sensitive system as ive experienced, as there's nothing concrete to the
extent of the character's ability and skill so, if the DM deems an action a faliure and the
player thinks it should have worked there could be an argument fast

>>48273269
True, the system works best with players that are on the same level
>>
>>48273237
Yes. Freeform. It sucks
>>
>>48273237
So are you asking for good diceless rpgs, or do you just mean freeform with GM?
>>
>>48273317
I wasnt sure how it was specifically called, so i just asked for some info
but diceless rpgs sound interesting, id like to hear a few
>>
>>48273329
I had a short oneshot with a few guys once at an event. I think the game was called Swords Without Master. It was overall pretty fun, but one of the dudes was fucking terrible.
>>
>>48273341
Mary Sue?
>>
>>48273349
No, he just... didn't get it. It's a game with a somewhat somber tone, and he was making jokes about trannies.

Like, I don't consider myself artistic, or even a good roleplayer, but holy shit dude, get a clue.
>>
>>48273329
You've got Amber Diceless, which is specifically for playing games in the Chronicles of Amber fantasy setting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Diceless_Roleplaying_Game#System

Active Exploits, which is a generic diceless system.
https://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/11/11964.phtml

Nobilis, known for being a game people love to talk about, but never end up playing. You play as gods who each have control over a specific element of the world around you which you can bend to your will in crazy ways.

And Sufficiently Advanced, which is a game all about transhumanism in a sort of Star Trek-y kind of optimism. Humanity is no longer the same, but it's all about alien ethics rather then the world being shit because of it.
http://suffadv.wikidot.com/
>>
>>48273361
Ah, i see

>>48273379
Thank you for sharing, il read on them more thoroughly later
>>
Oh god please stop it. Diceless does not fucking mean "without mechanics" - if you bring up Amber in a thread about freeform you are a moron.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.