[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Accidental Magical Girl CYOA: 1d10 edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: MagicalGirlCYOA.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MagicalGirlCYOA.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Welcome to the Accidental Magical Girl thread!

Various worlds and multiverses have become connected together via the mysterious Overcity, a sprawling landscape inhabited by monsters and magical beings. Girls and boys endowed with their new supernatural powers can work together solving conflicts that arise!

>This is NOT a greentext adventure style CYOA with one GM and thread posting to dictate the adventure, but rather a hub thread for multiple storycrafters to use. A majority of activity (including campaigns) instead happens in the IRC, which is open for newbies to join.
Characters can be rolled with either the CYOA's purple PDF which is intended as a writing prompt and is in the process of developing an independent auxiliary combat system, or AMGC's blue pdf which contains combat rules for PNP campaigns along with the rolls. The IRC mostly uses AMGC.

Post builds, roleplay, write stuff.

1.5 CHANGELOG (Important if you intend to update a character that was created with the CYOA writing prompt in mind): http://pastebin.com/KZAyNZF2

CYOA Stuff:
Writefag Archive: http://pastebin.com/rSvTGQzP
Magical Girl Images (updated 02/26/16): https://mega.nz/#F!xINWxCqY!HsVA2LnU9RDMMmZieoqv9w

Character Archive:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ugcJa0fs2KkZ-oXy7kexzqAySUzsbUJ42GydS_kV_w/
Add your character here!

RPNP Stuff:
IRC Linkboard:
https://titanpad.com/RWlqAHmERq
Spec Trees (spells for all 19 normal Specializations, updated often):
https://titanpad.com/FUjuIO6cfH

IRC on Rizon:
OOC Chat: #MGCYOA
In Character RP Pub: #TheWand&Circlet or #TheRedLine
IC Campaigns: #MGChronicle or #MGPnP
IC Shenanigans: #Overcity
IC Cafe: #MGCafe
IC School: #MGSchool or #MGClass
https://www.rizon.net/chat

Early 2015 Old Thread OP Text: http://pastebin.com/usMM2EC7
>>
File: attempted_lewdness.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
attempted_lewdness.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: Patrons.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Patrons.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148256
The CYOA's Patron Module, which determines just who bestows your character's magical abilities. But be wary, for not all of these patrons are after your best interests...

See the changelog for the edits which came with the 1.5 update!
>>
File: MagicalGirlCore.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
MagicalGirlCore.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148431
This PDF is for AMGC 1.12, used for PnP in the IRC.
>Features 10 additional powers and 20 extra perks, as well as combat actions, point buy, and more.

>Character generator for AMGC, made by Doxy using RandomGen by Orteil.
Just one click and your mahou will be finished!
http://orteil.dashnet.org/randomgen/?gen=xvJyAbps

!! IMPORTANT !!
>Add-Ons to AMGC Core including the Corruption, Fusion, and Puchuu docs, now in one convenient spot!
https://mega.nz/#F!b58XRCQL!z50OFF70hX_OsfPpBMgCJQ
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hzcmi8mwy455ydm/AACCowTNhIZ_Nni1zXpQgpBma?dl=0

System updates related to CYOA 1.5 are in progress, but will NOT be including any of the mechanical effects of Origins at this time.

!! NEW !!
Character sharing thing made by emperor_
http://mgcyoa.azurewebsites.net/
>>
File: Corruption.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Corruption.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148476
Said Add-Ons are also linked here for convenience.

Corruption, for all things fluffy, feathery, scaly, or otherwise monstrous.
>>
File: Fusion.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fusion.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148509
Fusion, for girls who are like best friends, but closer.
>>
File: Puuchu.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Puuchu.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148531
And lastly, the Puchuu Expansion, for people who like it when their fluffy mascot creatures come in many flavors, not just marshmallow.
>>
File: AlternativeCombat.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
AlternativeCombat.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148544
An overhauled version for the combat system.
>>
File: OverhauledPatrons.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
OverhauledPatrons.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48148600
Overhauled patrons.
>>
>>48148628
Puchuu's Cagey and Isolated seem exactly the same.
>>
>>48149446
Oh, wait, they're different things from the Puchuu expansion. Ignore me.
>>
File: 1467690095-1.jpg (536 KB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
1467690095-1.jpg
536 KB, 800x1227
>>48038948
[BATTLE MUSIC COMMENCES]
>>
>>48149623
I forgot to ask the last time, but from what comic this is?
>>
>>48149737
Sleepless Domain.
>>
>>48149446
Isolated and Cagey are mechanically identical, but narratively different. Also, it's possible to have both, which can potentially screw you out of two pieces of info.
>>
File: Typity Type Type.jpg (23 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
Typity Type Type.jpg
23 KB, 400x345
Didn't actually get to a combat test, but found a lot of small errors in Spell Point distribution. Namely, a spell that lets you restore 1 of any stat up to twice per turn (more if you have more MS from Wings or something), for free, for roughly the same Spell Point value as "Heal anyone anywhere for 20 HP".

Yeah, that got fixed.

Will probably post info on a future test involving Conditions and the like in the next week or two.
>>
File: 1280344887982.png (356 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1280344887982.png
356 KB, 640x480
To shut people up and to give them a taste of what is going on behind closed doors...
Drakons Update: Magic Spell Rework

>Adding a set list of mechanics and rules to spells to quickly convey purpose and strengths of certain spells.
>Creating new spells and reworking old ones.
>No single spec will be superior to all others.

All magic specializations to be catagorized by Passive, Offensive, Defensive, Utility and Buff. Passives will remain active in and out of costume where appropriate and function even without available mana to the girl.
All other spells are useable during the casting girls turn unless expressly stated otherwise.

Special Rules
Brace Yourself: To use these spells you may not have moved this turn.
Knockback: That spells was strong enough to put you off balance. -1 to your defense dice until your next turn.
Instant: Does not count towards an action during this turn.
Intangible: Impacts any physical and any non-physical target.
Overwhelming: You need a moment to collect yourself, you may not use any mana until the end of your next turn.
Phased: Penetrates all Soak.
Physical: Only impacts the physical environment and anything normally tangible.
Reaction: Spell may only be cast during someone elses turn.
Surge: May be cast if you spent your turn recharging.
>>
>>48152184
Cool! Looking forward to seeing more of your rework and your take on trees.
>>
File: 1256627188898.jpg (122 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1256627188898.jpg
122 KB, 400x400
I suppose we can just let this thread DIE...

But you should bump it or else the fury of the Old Gods will be unleashed... all over your back...
>>
File: PC-101.png (133 KB, 335x482) Image search: [Google]
PC-101.png
133 KB, 335x482
>>48154814
To be honest I was about to bump it, and then you did.
>>
>>48152184
Sounds like MAG builds will be OP, what are you planning to add for AGI/STR ones?
>>
File: dolls.jpg (274 KB, 1843x652) Image search: [Google]
dolls.jpg
274 KB, 1843x652
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 1, 15, 18, 5, 16, 11, 1, 11, 14, 4 = 104 (12d20)

>>
>>48155289
Where do you get that from? All he did was post sample mechanics. Why do people jump to conclusions like this?
>>
File: Mordred (Miffed).png (80 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Mordred (Miffed).png
80 KB, 256x256
>Page 10
No.
>>
Are Puchuu's male or female? Or are they just sexless creatures?
>>
>>48161702
Is your favorite stuffed animal a male or a female?

It can be differentiated or not. You couldn't tell what Kubey was, but Luna and Artemis are obviously male/female and might be married, and Kero is male and hits on girls.
>>
Fluff time.

We were talking about the shopping district of the Overcity: the Overmall.

It's so huge, it's an overcity within the Overcity.

Buy everything from every dimension ever!
>>
>>48157940
He posted NINE mechanics specific to ONE type of build.
If the others don't get cool toys to compensate then it will be overpowered shit.
>>
File: Nuclear Explosion.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Explosion.png
1 MB, 1280x800
>>48162567
>Over City Mall
>>
>>48163118
He posted nine KEYWORDS for all spells

And while several of them are really strong, three of them are explicitly drawbacks
>Brace Yourself: To use these spells you may not have moved this turn.
>Knockback: That spells was strong enough to put you off balance. -1 to your defense dice until your next turn.
>Overwhelming: You need a moment to collect yourself, you may not use any mana until the end of your next turn.
>>
>>48163164
Str/agi still aren't getting fun toys for their kit, which is my issue. Unless every type of build is going to be reflavored I don't see why mag should hog all the cool stuff.
>>
>>48163218
A reminder that this is a MAGICAL Girl system. Key word there, "Magic". It makes sense for there to be fancier abilities and more options for that particular style of play.
>>
>>48163275
It's a ROLEPLAY community. Meaning your character shouldn't be inherently better than others JUST because you dumped your coins in ONE stat.
Enhanced strength and agility are ALSO forms of magic btw. So they should be on par with spells.
If you disagree you're actively making sure a large amount of the community won't have fun. What's the harm in buffing EVERYONE?
>>
>>48163401
I don't see you giving any suggestions on how to buff str/agi. Instead you seem to be demanding others to make it for you. And there is only so much you can do with str/agi, unlike with mag.
>>
>>48163561
I'm not claiming to be an expert game designer. I just don't want my experience here to be ruined because someone decided to shaft the other two playstyles for basically NO reason.
The squeaky wheel gets oiled as the saying goes.
We STILL don't have basic skills for STR/AGI like jumping, climbing, throwing objects or anything which is standard in Pathfinder.
So.

Speaking of, why doesn't the IRC use >>48148600
>>48148628

It looks a LOT more complete.
>>
>>48163118
Yeah, wait until you see his finished system before you scream OP PLS NERF maybe? I mean, you can say "agi and str currently in system seem a little bland compared to magic with new mechanics" but OP? Ehhh.

Also "saying overpowered shit" for a system that literally hasn't even been released yet or even had any balance stuff shown, several of which are explicitly drawbacks?

Cool it.
>>
>>48163401
Sigh.

You know, I actually AGREE with your point, but I don't think a hateboner for magic helps anything. The answer is to make sure other builds have a way to use some, more limited magic and for mag stat to act as more of a mana bar.
>>
>>48163561
>unlike with mag
That's a bad way to think about it, and is exactly why D&D gets a lot of flack.
>>
>>48163634
Because that system is shit, the designer is a sockpuppeting, toxic asshole who drove off the dev team for AMGC and ate a well-deserved permaban for the bullshit he was pulling, and frankly, it's nothing special design-wise either.

No one actually likes the SCS/alternative combat/notice me senpai system other than DSD and his handful of sockpuppets when he's feeling particularly needy this week.
>>
>>48163695
I don't hate magic. Enhanced agility and strength IS ALSO MAGIC and should be reflected as such.
> Easily hit a double bull at 20 feet with a thrown fly
isn't fucking awesome.
But NOTHING reflects that. No called shots. No targeting specific parts for bonus damage. Nothing.
Nada.

>>48163686
I'm asking for the CONSIDERATION of how it will affect other builds beforehand. There's nothing wrong with that.

>>48163747
The development team is obviously still here, for one thing.
>>48152184 is updating it.

I looked through it and it feels more complete, complex, and detailed. I don't see why drama should influence how the final product is reviewed.
Seems petty.
>>
>>48163792
>The development team
You mean the community? Because the people who started this all left. And this is someone completely different who decided to take matters into his own hands.
>>
>>48164693
Quasar is still around and the system is still being updated. I don't understand what you're getting at.
>>
File: 1467917225-0.jpg (610 KB, 800x1227) Image search: [Google]
1467917225-0.jpg
610 KB, 800x1227
>>48149623
>"Don't push that button, Heartful Punch will be back right after these messages!"
>>
>>48164747
Quasar works on the Base CYOA. Not AMGCore, which is what is used in the IRC. Which incidentally is what the spell trees are for. The makers of AMGCore are gone and that is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>48165140
Quasar is around AND as mentioned AMGC is still being updated by, what appears to be, more competent makers. It shouldn't matter that nobodies are gone and certainly it shouldn't cause a different perfectly fine system to be discarded.
>>
>>48165186
We seem to be on the same page that it is a fine system, or at least can become one. I never said to discard it. And without those "nobodies" we wouldn't have it in the first place. But Quasar being around doesn't mean he's helping with AMGCore. He works on the CYOA not Core.

I was only clarifying that the original creators have left and that it is someone new making the updates.
>>
>>48163218
The low MAG req spells are often designed to be useful for STR and AGI, and Drak's rework comments have no indication that this will change. If you're never using your mana as a melee, you're playing suboptimally and can't blame system balance.
>>
>>48162567
Lewd stores?
>>
>>48163792
You...uh, seem to be mixing up >>48152184
with the SCS shitstain. The guy doing >>48152184 is Drakon, who's in IRC and working on AMGC stuff and is pretty cool. The guy "making" SCS is the one who got permabanned for being a toxic scumbag. They're completely different people, thank god.

Basically, anything to do with >>48148600
>>48148628 or by MaidOfCharts doesn't actually have anything to do with the systems used by the community.

>>48166072
He does have a point though about the way the system is right now- which is why people generally agree str/agi should have some decent toys, be they lower mag spells that those types of specs can use, making mag more of a mana bar, alternative not-spells that just use str or agi to "cast"...People just disagree over how to put that overhaul into practice.
>>
Rolled 5, 8, 16, 20, 18, 4, 18, 8, 5, 2, 7, 11 = 122 (12d20)

Back! Back up you go!
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 7, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9, 3, 6, 9 = 78 (12d10)

>>
>>48163695
>I don't think a hateboner for magic helps anything.
>>48163792
>I don't hate magic.
I actually hate magic, true story. I'm still here though. I will Metal Spec my way to barely bending the laws of physics at all.
>>
File: Guys, why.jpg (172 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
Guys, why.jpg
172 KB, 500x600
Guys, why.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 720x1100) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 720x1100
>>48172914
Because there's like 3 of us bumping.
>>
I'm new here and this looks interesting but also confusing. What... is it? Seems a jumble of game/system/campaign/RP/community that I don't know how to interact with.
>>
>>48174252
It was originally a CYOA that then developed an RP community, which then made a few different systems to handle actual gameplay.
Start with the main PDF and cobble together something, then lurk on the IRC with your character at the ready until you feel like you know the system, the lore and a few people. From there on, it's all natural.
>>
Rolled 11, 7, 5, 3, 11, 3, 15, 8, 12, 19, 1, 4 = 99 (12d20)

>>
File: 50631045_p7.png (216 KB, 952x864) Image search: [Google]
50631045_p7.png
216 KB, 952x864
No, thread doesn't get to die... Not yet.
>>
>>48174319
I have cobbled together something. Which IRC channels should I be lurking beyond #mgcyoa to start with?
>>
>>48174252
>>48176628
The pink PDFs are for non-dice RP.
The blue ones are for either.

#MGCYOA links to the other channels in the OP, which are all RP rooms.
Just join and we can fill you in there.
>>
>>48176889
Any good reading material of past exchanges so I don't have to wait for one to develop as I watch?
>>
>>48177573
There's a archive link in one of the op
>>
>tfw no Kaylees in the thread
Why do I even check the thread anymore?
>>
>>48178596
Kaylee is fine. Spamming the thread with her is annoying. You want Kaylee? RP with her. Problem solved.
>>
>>48179204
>bumping the thread with relevant content is bad
wew lad
>>
>>48179383
>Relevant
One character that Anon doesn't recognize is barely relevant. And not everyone on the irc RPs with her or cares. It is only relevant to a few people.

There are other pictures that can be used that aren't her. Use those instead of the same handful of pictures.
>>
File: image.gif (90 KB, 480x400) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
90 KB, 480x400
>>48179383
>one persons character is relevant to the entire thread
>>
File: Hey.png (46 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
Hey.png
46 KB, 500x231
>>48166612
Look, I don't particularly care that you hate me. People have opinions and you're allowed to have yours. If you think I'm a shitstain or toxic or whatever, that's your deal. In the end the only one that has to live with your decisions is you.

However, I'll thank you to not blatantly lie and imply that I didn't do vast majority of the designing for the SCS' mechanics, and that I ripped off other people. I didn't. I have many many design notes, both paper and digital, as well as conversation logs with QB to prove that, yes, I DID in fact manage to have the brain power to perform productive activity on the subject.

That said, I'd like to openly thank you and anyone else shitposting me. It's been invaluable advertisement. I think that without your efforts, I would've died into complete obscurity long ago, but with you constantly shitting over anything I post, you've ensured that I will be as relevant as long as you remain salty and vocal about it.

And that's the last I'll say regarding the subject. Good day.
>>
>>48180017
Well, he's not wrong about what he said. As long as a certain member keeps shitposting about DSD, he'll continue to get the advertisement. And not only that, but the constant shit flinging does not make the community look good and probably deters people from actually joining. Which happens to be what that person wants, the community to grow. So their hateboner just serves to do the opposite of what they want.
>>
>>48152184
So, if you plan on not having single specs be superior to other single specs, do you intend to implement a Counter-based system (where, say, Water will beat Fire because Water's toolkit happens to strike in a way that happens to be the Fire spec's primary weakness), or will you be making it so that specific Specs are better at certain THINGS, but lacking somewhere else so that they can't be overall superior?

How will Utility and Buff spells be differentiated?
Will every spell have a Special Property, or will it be mostly for unusual spells?

There's honestly not much information, but it sounds interesting so I'll reserve judgement for the time being.
>>
>>48178596
I want more Kaylees :(
>>
>>48180017
QB's called you on your shit before. Don't lie when the person you're trying to hide behind yet again is a IRC and thread regular- you'll just embarrass yourself again. "Making" is because at this point SCS just seems to be the excuse you use to spam shit no one cares about in thread- and the community doesn't use it, so it's about as much of a system for people RPing megucas as FATAL would be.

You're an irrelevant piece of shit beyond your occasional none-too-subtle shitposts about better people who made better systems. You could've been a contributor- they gave you more than enough chances to do so. You decided not to be- you decided to drive people off instead and to generally be an attention whoring, whining incompetent and liar, which is why that'll be the only thing you'll ever be known for.

>>48180106
DSD isn't part of the community, and for very good reason. I'll happily correct that misunderstanding if it comes up.
>>
>>48181665
It does not matter if he is part of the IRC community, because you are and you have reacted violently to mere mention of him or materials he has produced. Furthermore, this thread, while maintained by the IRC community, is NOT for its exclusive use and if others happen to prefer DSD's materials to our own, that's how it is.

Let the stuff stay, cool your jets, and just let him actually fade into obscurity. Or you can keep feeding him. Your choice.
>>
>>48179710
>>48179920
Using characters from the RP is absolutely relevant, moreso than random unrelated magical girls. Rather than criticizing, you should work to produce content for your own characters that others might like. Because no actual RP occurs here, the thread exists to advertise either the IRC or writefaggotry.

>>48182171
Not that anon, but if DSD goes uncriticized then new people will naturally try to include him because this is a social place. They will say things without realizing that he was banned for very good reasons.
>>
File: IPRrqqJ.png (361 KB, 540x958) Image search: [Google]
IPRrqqJ.png
361 KB, 540x958
>>48179710
Problem solved.
>>
>>48182390
Except DSD is perma-banned. And not going to be allowed back. They can include him elsewhere and who knows maybe he'll change or have changed. But this shit-flinging is getting old and could be causing new blood to be hesitant in joining.
>>
>>48183299
Sigh. He hasn't changed. He doesn't seem to be capable of it.

That said, other than clarifying that DSD has nothing to do with the community if someone confuses the systems or when he actively lies about it or about some of the very people he pretty much drove off ...I get the point.
>>
>>48183299
He's probably just testing to see if the memory of him faded enough to rejoin.
>>
>>48183413
But he never drove anyone off. There's nothing you can use to back up this claim.
>>
File: 1328793770152.gif (2 MB, 240x192) Image search: [Google]
1328793770152.gif
2 MB, 240x192
>IRC right now
>>
>>48184105
Bug girls when
>>
File: cooking time.png (911 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
cooking time.png
911 KB, 1200x675
>>48184115
Monster girls are only good for eating.
>>
>>48184162
kaylee no that's not justice
>>
>>48184105
Stop posting pics of me it's really creepy
>>
File: aldrich(1).jpg (42 KB, 900x385) Image search: [Google]
aldrich(1).jpg
42 KB, 900x385
What's your next monstergirl going to be, MGCYOA?
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 12, 18, 12, 19 = 72 (6d20)

>>48185836
Let's find out
>>
>>48179920
What's SDA doing here?
>>
Rolled 18, 18, 18, 13, 13, 17, 7, 8, 3, 17, 15 = 147 (11d20)

Turtle
>>
>>48186437
I think you're missing a d20.
>>
>>48180646
The general idea that is currently being observed is that no spec truly acts as a counter to any others, save for weaknesses for a Monster Girl. With this in mind, I feel that leaving the stance of certain specs excelling while being lackluster in other areas helps to preserve the core ideas behind the systems and lore.

Utility and Buffs are going to be handled with common sense in mind. Firstly to begin in low/mid level MAG (8-14) to help encourage alternatives to standard attack spam while not disrupting the current status quo. Secondly to differentiate the two, new mechanics are being written in to these spells that will help separate the two, think Instant and Sorcery spells from MtG.

All spells will have unique properties per spec. Many spells will show scaling in their effects per tier of magic.
For some insight in the specs I have completed...
Fire - AoE and DoT heavy
Water - Heavy Offense, AoE
Air - Fast, AoE
Stone - Heavy Offense/Defense balance
Lightning - Fast, Utility
Metal - Strong Offense/Defense, Utility
Time - Wibbly-Wobbly, Timey-Wimey, Spacey-Wacey
Gravity - Environmental Control, AoE, Utility
>>
File: 1448386033069.gif (296 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1448386033069.gif
296 KB, 500x400
>>48186738
>>
>>48186738
Huh, fire always seemed more heavy offense/shitty defense while water being heavy offense rather than balanced like stone or having lots of utility seems odd.

That said, cool!
>>
>>48155289
Adjust your bust, Anon.
You'll like what you see, I guarantee it.
>>
>>48186811
Correction:
>Stone - Heavy Offense/Defense balance, Environmental Control
>>
>>48186738
wh-what about plant?
>>
>>48186959
I am currently working on Plant.

So far my plans for Plant are heavily about buff/debuff and DoT with some environmental control weaved in there. Don't worry, there will still be a shrubbery!
>>
Rolled 7, 15, 13, 4, 17, 19, 20, 3, 18, 14, 10, 18 = 158 (12d20)

>>
>>48186738
Any chance of a few guidelines for people who want to write oddball spells?
>>
>>48148256
I'm not a regular of this thread. I like how sinister the Puuchuu are. Are there any animes that emphasise just how much of a raw deal the offer is?
>>
>>48190137
I have a hard time imagining you don't know about Madoka Magica.
>>
Rolled 18, 8, 15, 17, 10, 15, 12, 20, 15, 13, 20, 7 = 170 (12d20)

>>
>>48190137
Madoka as said, yeah. Nanoha is another good series but maybe not what you're after.
>>
>>48190137
Madoka, Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
>>
>>48191230
Yu3 had the same problem as for example Gen'ei or Wixoss, though. It started with a very Madoka-esque feel to it, which then got the strongest around the later episodes, and in the end the themes and tension were completely punctured by ham-handedly inserted plot tools that cleared everything up and invalidated the characters' trials by fixing everything for them. That completely negates everything that happens during the story and shows that the narrative and characters are all subordinate to the happy ending and its importance, which makes it into a bad exercise in what the other anon is asking for.
Madoka does it a bit too, I'll give you that, but Rebellion fixes that.
>>
Rolled 8, 8, 2, 8, 20, 4, 2, 2, 10, 4, 19, 6 = 93 (12d20)

Rolling for building shenanigans
>>
Rolled 15, 9, 11, 3, 15, 4, 10, 12, 6, 15, 12, 14 = 126 (12d20)

Okay, I got perks I've got a quadrillion times before with that roll, so I'mma reroll.
>>
File: 1467475624857.jpg (237 KB, 1017x786) Image search: [Google]
1467475624857.jpg
237 KB, 1017x786
>>48190137
Not really in regards to puchuu. Only Madoka and Bokurano(not mahou) have the "dark" puchuu aspect and even then, neither were wrong, just fucked up morals.

If you're talking about the dark aspects in the shows themselves, that's nearly every magical series that isn't a parody.
>>
>>48189554
"Stick to your guns."
Stand for what you believe in while being open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and network with people who are willing to assist you. The most important part, have fun with it. Let the ideas flow naturally and see where it takes you.
>>
Rolled 18, 2, 15, 14, 17, 3, 13, 10, 11, 3, 5, 3 = 114 (12d20)

oh boy
>>
>>48186325
Who? I don't even go in IRC.
>>
>>48189554
Know what you want in an oddball. Too many times I've had people ask about Oddballs that are shit like "Physics" or "Tomatoes" but had no actual idea what the fuck they wanted, they just wanted to say lolsorandumb shit.

If you actually think about the shit you want, you can make Oddball(Morgan Freeman), but you have to actually try and not just say "this sounds cool I'll do it".
>>
>>48193007
SDA is an author from /cyoag/, not IRC.

Or at least isn't obviously someone in IRC.
>>
Rolled 6, 11, 13, 11, 8, 14, 2, 2, 8, 2, 6 = 83 (11d20)

For Great Meguca.

Please give beast spec.
>>
Rolled 19, 8, 18, 17, 10, 16, 2, 18, 20, 17, 3, 6 = 154 (12d20)

>>
Rolled 3, 13, 7, 2, 2, 16 = 43 (6d20)

>>
Rolled 8, 4, 15, 11, 9, 9, 1, 9, 4, 20, 2 = 92 (11d20)

Rolling like a maniac for my harem
>>
File: image.png (149 KB, 721x692) Image search: [Google]
image.png
149 KB, 721x692
>>48196266
>>
Rolled 15, 15, 10, 2, 16, 12, 9, 5, 7, 8, 1 = 100 (11d20)

>>
File: rowan.png (225 KB, 374x411) Image search: [Google]
rowan.png
225 KB, 374x411
become meguca
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 17, 12, 1, 10, 7, 15, 5, 12, 15, 17 = 123 (12d20)

let's do this then
>>
File: 1463793624128.jpg (2 MB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
1463793624128.jpg
2 MB, 1000x1415
>>
File: 1256626914019.jpg (132 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1256626914019.jpg
132 KB, 736x736
>>48201869
>Use spoilers for ecchi.
>>
>>48201979
My bad wasn't really paying attention to what I grabbed.
>>
File: 1257992317810.png (272 KB, 408x469) Image search: [Google]
1257992317810.png
272 KB, 408x469
>>48202106
Drakon is ALWAYS watching...
>>
File: samurai_sweat.png (318 KB, 449x425) Image search: [Google]
samurai_sweat.png
318 KB, 449x425
>>48201869
Alice pls
>>
>Squawk, squawk. All around him, baby monsters meet their deaths at the hands of vengeful magical girls.

Just another day in MGCYOA.
>>
File: shavyla2.jpg (110 KB, 752x502) Image search: [Google]
shavyla2.jpg
110 KB, 752x502
>>48203498
Kaylee pls
>>
File: 1468083686339.jpg (348 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468083686339.jpg
348 KB, 1920x1080
I was thinking that Ange Vierge could be an anime MGCYOA likes. It features "progress girls" with different powers and from different homeworlds, and the main heroines are in a bath scene as soon as the OP in the 1st episode is over
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 678x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 678x600
>>48203866
Is it any good?
>>
>>48203920
So far it looks about as good as a trading card game can possibly be without being WIXOSS.
>>
>>48203944
*trading card game adaptation
>>
>>48203920
I finished the 1st Ange Vierge episode. When the protagonists aren't fighting, they are naked. That was the most efficient use of screentime I've ever seen.
>>
>>48204096
...so a fanservice anime?
>>
>>48205011
Yes.
>>
>>48203920
This is a cute.
>>
File: 1428685310992.jpg (162 KB, 1012x1400) Image search: [Google]
1428685310992.jpg
162 KB, 1012x1400
Wow go away for half a year and everything changes. I'm beyond happy to see that this is still going strong. You Dames have no shortage 'a Moxy.
>>
File: seal.gif (296 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
seal.gif
296 KB, 400x300
>>48206455
Lynnia left us, she was best girl...
>>
>>48206455
Hey, yeah, know the feeling! Good to see you.
>>
File: 1441658916251.png (149 KB, 500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441658916251.png
149 KB, 500x1000
Good to be back
>>
>>48206455
How do you do? There's indeed been a lot of changes and a lot of new folk. Some old favorites have left, but I hope you can still find some new girls to like. Or, whatever.
>>
File: Riri-RiaRiki.jpg (151 KB, 667x577) Image search: [Google]
Riri-RiaRiki.jpg
151 KB, 667x577
>>48207459
Ria Riki is best girl.
>>
Why haven't you written a historical story in this setting yet, anon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZNIKZdoehE
>>
>>48209814
Because so many of our grills come from many alternate histories instead.
>>
>>48209814
Prehistoric MG frozen in a block of ice is your next villain... that's what your post made me think.
>>
File: image.jpg (413 KB, 850x1203) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
413 KB, 850x1203
>>48209814
https://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/6355
>>
When STR builds meet.
>>
>>48210839
You sir have taught me that Hugo Chavez had giant breasts. This is historical fact now to me.
>>
File: tief 1466479654714.png (402 KB, 737x1272) Image search: [Google]
tief 1466479654714.png
402 KB, 737x1272
>>48211647
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6eC_klO21I
>>
>>48207459
She was just another of the former mods friends. She had good art but its better she left. Especially after she started banning people for NO REASON and never got punished.
>>
File: 1459427797561.jpg (11 KB, 235x175) Image search: [Google]
1459427797561.jpg
11 KB, 235x175
>>48215897
She did receive a strike for that. And she never "banned" anyone. She repeatedly kicked them from the channel when she was reportedly drunk. And I do not believe she was ever actually a mod, she just somehow got Mod privileges for a period of time where the others were either not on or not paying attention. I could be wrong about that though, she might have been a mod and then had her privileges revoked after that.

Check your facts before you start spouting shit, mkay?

-Signed by the one who called her out in the thread during that whole debacle.
>>
>>48216003
I also realize I misread something that >>48215897 said.
>former mods friends

Okay, I read it as "former mods". So yes, I was wrong there.

But it's still sad she left, especially since she really enjoys the Magical Girl genre and had friends in the community.
>>
>>48216003
>Being drunk is an excuse to abuse powers
>>
>>48216291
Didn't say it was. She was given a strike for it and never gained that power again. So she didn't get away with it either.

So please don't put words in my mouth. And again, I was the one who bitched about it the most when it happened and held a fucking grudge for quite a while. I moved past it. You should too.
>>
>>48216103
It's not sad. The community is MUCH better now that we've cut away the former circle jerk group. Zene and Wander have done more for the community that they ever have.
>>
>>48216374
You guys only like Lynn because she made some half-decent doodles of your characters that anyone who took Art-1 could have created
>>
>>48216482
Exactly. She was toxic, elitist, barely role played... if I remember she asked Sahara to ban people who thought her quest was poorly planned , which IT WAS, as well. There's no reason to like someone who puts themselves above everyone else.
>>
>>48216554
Why is Sahara still in the IRC? Can't we ban him already?
>>
>>48216482
She actively declined offers to draw my characters. So, you're kinda wrong in that regard. At least for me.

>>48216471
Okay, let's be real here. What have they actually done besides keep DSD banned? Sure, they're nice but Zene has only done what the mods before had been doing. And that's updating stuff. Wander keeps the peace and listens to people. But as for things they've actually DONE that the previous group didn't? I hadn't really seen a big difference between the two sets of Mods.

>>48216554
And you're not helping. You call someone elitist and put them down. So how are you any better?

>>48216590
Why are you there? Can we ban you?

You all speak on your own opinion, as I do. But come on people, you wouldn't say this shit if you had a name attached to you. If you don't like it, don't be here. Make your own channels or something. Grow up, or grow a pair.
>>
File: Kaylee and Nico.jpg (295 KB, 1066x918) Image search: [Google]
Kaylee and Nico.jpg
295 KB, 1066x918
>>
>>48216471
>Wander
He's done some good, but is too dedicated to the status quo, and won't punish out of line mods for misconduct.

He also doesn't take being proven wrong well and will use his position to punish people that make him look like an idiot, publicly or privately. It's just that he doesn't care that often, so it's not a trait that comes up a lot.
>>
>>48216652
>You cannot call out out people for being elitist otherwise you're elitist too
If it's a genuine criticism you can make it.
>>
>>48207459
Yeah, hope she comes back.

>>48216554
Bullshit. She was fairly friendly and open in general, if a bit flighty.

And barely roleplayed? Yeah, that'd be why her leaving meant no one even noticed. It totally didn't pretty much stall an entire RP channel and setting for over a month or anything, nope...

>>48216482
Lyn was a decent person with some good ideas, art aside, and given that you're talking to someone there who I'm pretty sure DIDN'T get or ask for any art...

>>48216471
Considering the "circlejerk group" is the reason the community existed long enough to be a thing in the first place- and I should know, I was there before and after- I'm just going to say you're full of shit.
>>
>>48216688
Just because she made that school at the last minute that 3 people were stuck in a scene about doesn't mean everyone got stalled. There was other more important topics of drama that caused the freeze, which really wasn't even as big as people made it out to be
>>
>>48216680
From someone who knows Wander personally, it's kinda BS about him not liking to be proved wrong. Nobody does, but when he is, he'll admit it and apologize. It's called being a mature adult.

>Publicly or privately
I do both of those fairly regularly. I mean, come on.

>he doesn't care that often,
He cares more often than you might think. But he generally tries to think before acting. It just so happens that he often spends too much time thinking that when he comes to a decision, a compromise has already been reached. So if things work out on their own, then no problem. Right?

Of course, you can take my word with a grain of salt. I'm biased towards him after all.
>>
>>48217111
And to be fair, I'm biased against him. We shall agree to disagree.
>>
>>48217219
I suppose so. I mean, I don't really like people saying negative things about my best friend, that's my job. But I can't really do anything about it and you're free to do and say as you wish.
>>
>>48216688
The community existed because of Quasar, Tangent, madBrewer, DrEvilKitteh and others who NEVER get the recognition they deserve.
Sahara, Ai-n and co. STOLE channel ownership as far as I'm aware from people who preceded them such as Alicious and Agatha.
They then stole content from Quasar and DarkSun in order to keep themselves relevant. They also refused to play games with new people.
Lynnia was the nicest of that group but she still was given a TON of leeway and frankly never deserved the power she was granted, temporary or not.
As a whole the IRC is doing INFINITELY better now that the crew is gone. It's a shame their grudge passed on to discriminate against Skinny, Ali, and DSD but nothing will convince the new mods that the old were petty motherfuckers who just wanted to ban anyone they didn't agree with.
>>
>>48217368
Wander's biggest flaw is blindly believing the old mods. If he could think for himself he would be fine.
>>
>>48217584
Pretty sure literally everyone you've just mentioned except DSD would disagree with you on everything you've just said. And your story's utter bullshit on every level.
>>
>>48216652
I don't feel comfortable having someone there with mod powers who doesn't interact with the current community. At any given whim Sahara could ban anyone in spite of being disliked and called out for banning to further his own agenda in the past.
I would suggest the current mod team banning him if nothing else.
>>
>>48217667
It's a known fact Alicious was discriminated against by Ai-n and Lily for 0 reason ever explained. Necro would agree as well.
>>
>>48217683
Okay, enough of this charade. Knock it off, DSD.

We all know who it is screaming the same few lines of made-up nonsense every time about "the AMGC mods were evil! They were bad!" in case new people wouldn't know better. It's not subtle and it's not fooling anybody.

Smearing mud over someone who did more for the community than you ever did after you pretty much harassed them into leaving just shows what a worthless scumbag you are. Eat shit.
>>
>>48217584
This post is such a painfully misguided shot in the dark that either the person who knows who they are doesn't know shit and is making an utter fool of themselves or knows exactly what they're doing to slander someone they don't like via posting on an anonymous imageboard but only when that person is online on IRC on a channel said slanderer doesn't even visit.

Boy, wonder what this guy's story is.
>>
>>48217667
I'm DSD and I disagree with most of the parts of that post that are actually not just raw opinion.

As far as I know, Sahara and Ai-n never actually stole any content from me or QB. Any stuff that they have is stuff I either designed myself for AMGC's use or let them use willingly. Even if they did steal content from me, it's not like I didn't have ample opportunity to ask them to not use any shit I didn't want them to use.

As much as I may have butted heads with them, I don't think the old mods were "bad" per-se, just clearly not up for the job. Well, Tian was pretty bad. She openly admitted to farming user IPs, though, so it's hard to excuse that no matter how not suited to the job you are.
>>
>>48217841
Your sockpuppetry is pathetic and you were never, ever relevant in the way you like to pretend you were.

Also concession accepted that you were guilty as hell when it comes to your ban with the mention of "IP farming".
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 448x252
All this drama about the irc happening outside the irc.
Why not keep this shit in there?
>>
>>48217953
Because then they have to have a name associated with themselves. And then people will see them for who they really are.

Either everyone just grow up, move on, and stop slandering people who are no longer in the community. OR Grow a pair and take it to the IRC. Stop shitting up the thread with this and possibly deterring new members with all the mud-flinging!
>>
>>48217946
>We have evidence that matches your IP with the shitposter's IP because a "4chan mod friend" told us.
>We will not give you the contact info for this mod so that you can backcheck our information for veracity, even though we are legally required to on request.
>Also on an unrelated note, we're farming user IPs by way of redirects on the mini URLs, and we have no legal documentation such as a ToS or a Privacy Policy stating that you give us the rights to do this.

Surely these statements are all unrelated.
>>
>>48217946
To be fair, I know when people stop listening to me I'll give on it and attack at another angle, even though I know it's still not true.
And no, I'm not DSD/Shitposterkun/Whoever.
>>
>>48218061
>legally
>ToS
>Privacy policy

kek

Keep pretending you have a leg to stand on when you've been pulling the same shit in this very thread and were caught red handed at the time.

Face it, you're not a lawyer any more than you're a professional game designer, and the only court of law that mattered was that you pulled enough shit that you weren't welcome anymore.

Good riddance to human garbage, DSD. You were a toxic asshole before your ban and you're little more than a forgettable annoyance now.
>>
File: canary2.jpg (140 KB, 1539x1746) Image search: [Google]
canary2.jpg
140 KB, 1539x1746
Damn. This is gettin' boring guys.
Let's talk about more important things.
Like, uh...
>>
>>48218300
Music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJpGHR6ofus

This song's for anyone who's had to deal with the dice roller.
>>
>>48218300
Disproportionately few magical girls seem like they have Wings perk these days.
>>
File: image.jpg (663 KB, 791x1068) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
663 KB, 791x1068
>>48218687
Permantly sleeping on your stomach or sides sucks.
Winged mounts on the other hand...
>>
>>48217841
If you're DSD why don't you use your trip?
>>
>>48218781
Some people prefer to sleep on their stomachs or sides.

And presumably the wings disappear when out of costume, so the need to sleep while accounting for them probably wouldn't come up often enough to be very relevant.
>>
>>48218838
Because the post isn't directly related to the SCS (meaning it would invalidate the point of the trip), it is responding to obvious drama bait, and even if I proved that one post was mine, every other post would still be decried as "sockpuppeting" by the opposition.

Since the accusations of sockpuppeting invalidate the point of my identity being verified, and it's not related to the content that the trip is meant to promote, it is utterly worthless to bother putting on the trip.

You can take my statement at whatever value you'd like.
>>
>>48218864
>>48218781
Wings are useful for hugging.
>>
>>48217584
Alright just gonna chime in to call bullshit on this mess, with being around before Jayne's system even was introduced, which Sahara/Ain then improved into something half usable. (which if anyone wants to thank/blame for, was actually BulletHarpy, who didn't even stick around for this place anyway.)

There's been a bunch of stuff, but admitably a large part of what kicked off the stuff starting up and continuing on indeed was a stable system, there were vague attempts (mostly brewer, thank you) at making/running one but there wasn't really anything barely stable and secure. In addition, it wasn't even really registered, so there wasn't anything to steal, we didn't even have bots for dice. TheWandAndCirclet was the only channel before Jayne's system even for RP, to put in perspective how limited it was. Keep in mind, QB at most poked in at times but inconsistantly because they're a busy person and it's already a decently nice treat that they have time to make updates like 1.5 is now. QB explictly stated that it was more ment as a story base for Core, and that's what the chat mostly was, stories, some vague RP, at best. With lack of rules on how to fight a monster, it was left ambiguous and kinda stagnant. Hell, it was more a meme for power armor magical girls than actual talk on a magical girl fighting or otherwise. Yes Kitteh/Brewer/Agatha/etc have been around for ages but we were more focused on writing story stuff than playing game/active RP stuff back then. Yes, the community exists cause QB made a cyoa and a bunch of folks went to it, but small.

So, to shoot down two claims instantly, Sahara/Ai-n didn't steal channel ownership, they more or less gave the channel some vague ownership/moderation in the first place, and folks were fine with this anyway. DSD wasn't around to 'steal' from, and Quasar was totally fine with someone expanding on their vague cyoa, and if I'm not mistaken at the time still even just a red single image CYOA at the time. (cont)
>>
>>48219000
DarkSunDuelist aka DSD showed up later, more or less to help with the system, which if I'm not mistaken was originally as Ain wanted halp. They then decided the system was too much to salvage and instead started on making the SCS system (which runs on it's own idea/case of balance, consistancy over ridiculously fluxuating power, I don't get the hate for it honestly, it expands on things and touches on everything it can.)

The case of Sahara and co leaving I won't really touch on, because quite frankly that's a huge mess that is full of possible ambiguities and things that will never be confirmed for the sake of both parties so lets not go there, but I'll touch on the last two points:

There's not so much 'discrimination' more 'they have strikes towards banning, the end' with DSD being the only one to hit full ban amount of strikes. Including Lynnia, as stated, over the whole kicking fest while given mod powers for... well, a joke, which turned out as poorly as you'd expect a drunk person to turn out as. The strikes are there but the only 'discrimination' I can really say is around is folks not liking other folks over whatever specific reasons, generally which none are 'because of strikes' but 'because of why you got the strike' at that, typically those strikes cropped up cause someone was mad enough at someone else to be verbal and it to get attention and otherwise. Generally. (Lynnia/Ali's cases being just taking jokes too far that mods had to intervine)

So, yea, tl;dr: That post is pretty hilariously inaccurate for the most part, there's a vague grain of truth in that there's plenty of other people to thank for many other reasons besides giving a system, but considering that a main concern they had explicitly was splitting into cliques because that's what sunk their previous RP place they were from, which they somewhat HAD to anyway due to constant harassment that eventually lead to them leaving? Yea, no. Hilariously misguided and wrong there.
>>
>>48219082
>scared of splitting into cliques
>kick and ban everyone they disagree with
>refuse to have campaigns with anyone they didn't approve of
>ban people without a reason
I can only laugh and say thank god they left. Why are you sticking up for people who tried to make the irc stick to their ripoff of the CYOA?
>>
Imoutos please, you're all just... so loud. How about we stop the booty bothered express here at the corner station of get over it and Move along?

...damned kids these days, making me dust off my damn trip...
>>
>>48219227
Except the ONLY person who is banned is DSD and some spam-bot. So... apparently they only disagreed with something that is a a nuisance and a tool.

You can decide which is which.
>>
>>48219227
...Just to call you out again: DSD was indeed the only one really 'refused' off after the whole mess with my run. There was however near the end, them just more or less private RP situation stuff, but that was due to all the excessive harrassment to begin with as to why they did this. They listed reasons every time, and as stated, the only ones really banned off were DSD and a spam-bot. Alicious too for a bit but upon some review anyway they reeled it back down to 2nd strike instead of banned on that strike alone. Similar happened with Necro's situation and Wander.

If they indeed kick/banned everyone they disagreed with, then they really wouldn'tve had reason to leave, so this attempt to smear their case also makes no sense, by the way.

Also the main reason we use AMGC only is mostly was cause DSD didn't want anyone to use his system till it was finished from the crowd, to the point that they made legal claims on it. So, that naturally drove off any and all bothered inspiration/attempts to use SCS, even after that ban on using SCS was lifted due to him finishing it. And also because MGX is still in development too, and not really in a public usable state unless Flamy hasn't mentioned it yet.

So yea. Please shut the fuck up.
>>
>>48219227

I think it's beyond clear by now that you never set foot in the IRC.
>>
>>48219420
See: >>48219255
>>
>>48219446
See: >>48219455
>>
>>48219446
You're a mods brownnoser so you should gtfo too
>>
File: 1376025078344.jpg (18 KB, 270x200) Image search: [Google]
1376025078344.jpg
18 KB, 270x200
>>48219505
See: >>48219473
>>
>>48219473
Drakon, you are "Literally who?" to most of the people here. You really have no sway over things you weren't involved in. So why not let the people who do state the facts?

You're involved in the IRC now, but you weren't then. It doesn't matter who you think you are.
>>
>>48219520
>SEE: >>48219518
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy seeming to rile everyone up isn't someone who constantly lurks on the IRC but doesn't talk. Wouldn't surprise me with how much people seem to be trying to point fingers but get (seemingly) nowhere.
>>
>>48219549
It's just DSD. He wants to blame people who aren't even playing anymore so that he can rejoin the game as some kind of martyr.
Report and move on.
>>
>>48219520
Bullshit. It's clear who the real pariah is here, and it isn't the guy who the channel wants to see make his own take on spells.

>>48219588
This.

The joke is that he's such an amazing faggot that even if people did put up with his bullshit again despite the countless reasons not to, he'd just kill the community by being his toxic self.
>>
>>48218781
As someone physically incapable of going to sleep in any position that's not lying on my right side, barring the occasional total exhaustion, I will have to disagree with you on that.
>>
>>48219588
I keep hearing that but honestly I don't believe it. DSD reminds me pretty decently of a guy I know. And if I had to bet, I'd bet that DSD doesn't care anymore. Call me a retard for believing that, but I don't think it's him.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 720x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 720x585
>>48218966
I completely forgot about that even though I love it when that happens. Thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>48219675
If he didn't care he wouldn't still post in the threads - or remove his trip when attempting to stir drama. He would also stop trying to evade his ban when he quote accidentally end quote joins the IRC.
>>
File: samefag.png (471 KB, 656x597) Image search: [Google]
samefag.png
471 KB, 656x597
>>48220084
If it's possible for DSD to be sockpuppeting all over the place in an attempt to stir drama, it's equally likely that somebody else could be doing the exact same thing in the opposite manner: sockpuppeting to stir drama and make DSD the fall guy.

There's no proof either way. It's not like shouting "SAMEFAG" is going to make them suddenly not able to samefag. It only serves to generate pointless drama. Not to mention that "lol sockpuppet" isn't an actual counterargument, meaning you only prove the people you're claiming are sockpuppeting you right by refusing to actually argue against their points. If there was a real argument, you'd have made it already, but instead you just cry "samefag" like it means something.

If you're going to try to make yourself look good or make other people look bad, the least you could do is not make it obvious that you're doing something other than blatantly stirring shit up.
>>
...Not this shit again.

>>48220084 is absolutely right but frankly given a)he's been caught before, b)this shit's been going on forever and with the same claims made by the shitposter against the same people that DSD just so HAPPENS to be known to dislike or make the same false claims that DSD has made in the past under his own name about people like QB, c)DSD's a pathological liar who's really not as good at acting as he thinks he is...everyone who's been around knows the source of the thread shitposts is the guy who keeps trash talking Sahara and the rest after he'd already pretty much driven them off through his harassment and bullshit.

The only thing DSD is doing at this point is trying to shit the bed for everyone else because he's a worthless, bitter little asshole who couldn't play nice with others. Every community has a bad apple or two, and we've been lucky that literally the only one like that in all this time was DSD.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled megucas.
>>
File: 1341633510592.jpg (82 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1341633510592.jpg
82 KB, 640x800
>>48148256
>>48148431
Went with specialisation selection
Overdeveloped + Vit

Str: 4
AGI: 5
VIT: 8 - 2 bronze
MAG: 14 - 2 silver, 1 bronze
LCK: 4

Spirit + 3 mag

Weapon: Mystic + 1 MAG

Outfit: Elaborate

Rolled 13, spend bronze to change to Third Eye
Regeneration - Spent Gold
Perks:
Silver - Blood Magic + 1 VIT
Flexibility + AGI
Training (Investigation)
Overcity Shift
Absolute Direction

Patron: Solo/None

Universal Benefit:
Mana Font

I work as a PI/Mercenary, doing jobs for coins to increase my own power. I consult my spirits for information and use them as spies, it won't be as good as a patron's but it's better than nothing. I focus on retrieval and investigation jobs, as overcity shift, third eye and absolute direction give me a huge advantage in that regard. I'd be difficult to capture or kill, and my magic lets me throw goons at people while staying back at a safe distance. Regeneration lets me use my vitality a lot easier for blood magic too. Overtime build up a reputation for reliability, stay relatively under the radar and just amass coins for power.
>>
>>48220224
Why'd you just respond to yourself?
>>
>>48220243
Nice. Typical film noir personality?

Spirit detective is a great archetype to play.
>>
File: uwotDSD.png (28 KB, 276x129) Image search: [Google]
uwotDSD.png
28 KB, 276x129
>>48220254
Not even trying anymore, are you?
>>
>>48220224
>Blanket Statements
>Declaring what public opinion is
>"My opinion is everyone's opinion" fallacy
>using opinionated buzzwords with no basis like "bitter little asshole" and "pathological liar" to attempt to steer public opinion with no proof.
>Uses vague claims of alleged past atrocities but doesn't provide concrete examples nor proof (and will avoid providing such things if confronted)
>Refuses to actually argue against the argument and insists on arguing the alleged source of the argument.
>Attacks the arguer instead of actually forming a counterpoint in an attempt to devalue the opposing statements in the eyes of the public.

You're very bad at this.
>>
>>48220278
You can edit the page pretty easily to be fair, but nah I concede that I made a bad read. Seemed like samefagging to be, but yeah, my bad.
>>
>>48220257
Yeah, going classic noir. Anticipating getting the shit beat out of me, torture, being thrown off a bridge with concrete shoes etc. so regen makes it a bit easier. With spirit magic, murder investigation should be a piece of cake!
>>
>>48220314
Good stuff, good stuff. Hope your mahou's a people person.

>>48220281
Ain't personal attacks or opinion if it's all on record, buddy- literally spelled-out as the last straw he was banned for. It's what he was banned for, it's what anyone who was around will tell you he was known for- as mentioned in this very thread, guy's a worthless asshole, and there's no argument worth refuting here.

DSD is literally the only human being to get and stay permabanned from the channel. Given how tolerant the channel is as a rule, draw your own conclusions about what sort of person it is.
>>
>>48220398
>literally spelled-out as the last straw he was banned for
What was? You keep saying "it" but don't state the specific offense that led to the ban. You can't say "being an asshole", either, as that's just as vague.

Specific examples or you're bullshitting. Deflecting the burden of proof to "everyone knows it" doesn't work, since the fact that it's an argument at all means that no, everyone does NOT know it.

>guy's a worthless asshole
An opinion statement with no basis in fact. You cannot use an opinion as if it were fact to justify an argument.
>>
>>48220645
Uh huh. Sure. Here we fucking go again.

The last straw was DSD getting caught being the guy shitposting in thread about the AMGC crew who he'd pretty much driven off with his bullshit- hence the salt about ISPs earlier since he got caught redhanded.

Happy to link you more direct details if you hop into the channel and ask for them. Of course, if you're just a sock, you'll probably find that a bit difficult so I don't expect to see you asking #MGCYOA about this...

Otherwise, just read this very thread in which "someone" shitposted about AMGC and its creators and tried to associate DSD with QB in a way that QB himself denied, the last one where DSD tried to claim to be a bigshot contributor who got conned out of credit when he emphatically wasn't, the countless ones before that where "shitposter" kun said exactly the same fucking thing DSD spouted all the time about the exactly same people DSD hated...

To put in perspective:
He got caught.
He had a bunch of strikes.
Literally the entire old guard of community members agreed this was the right course of action.
There was a poll about if the bans should be upheld. Some troll votes in "unban no one aside", DSD lost by a landslide. He was toxic waste and people knew it.
>>
>>48220773
>The last straw was DSD getting caught being the guy shitposting in thread about the AMGC crew who he'd pretty much driven off with his bullshit
The evidence presented was never given any weight and could've easily been falsified. The mods never presented their sources for the information they obtained and absolutely ignored anyone and everyone that tried to get it from them. "LA LA LA I can't hear you over how RIGHT I AM" isn't evidence.
>Otherwise, just read this very thread in which "someone" shitposted about AMGC and its creators and tried to associate DSD with QB in a way that QB himself denied, the last one where DSD tried to claim to be a bigshot contributor who got conned out of credit when he emphatically wasn't, the countless ones before that where "shitposter" kun said exactly the same fucking thing DSD spouted all the time about the exactly same people DSD hated...
It's really easy to mimic words you've heard if you know that those words make people angry. People get mad at things without knowing the full context all the time.
>He got caught.
With no real evidence but a bunch of hearsay.
>He had a bunch of strikes.
Unless you're a mod or DSD himself, you wouldn't know how many strikes he had.
>Literally the entire old guard of community members agreed this was the right course of action.
This is irrelevant because they left over the incident, and thus gave up their right to have an opinion on the subject. Also, using somebody else's opinions in an argument doesn't make them facts.
>There was a poll about if the bans should be upheld. Some troll votes in "unban no one aside", DSD lost by a landslide.
The poll was among a select few members chosen by the moderation at the time, and the moderation themselves, which is the very definition of a circlejerk. There was a public poll that was not taken into consideration in the slightest.
>Of course, if you're just a sock
"Doesn't count" is not an argument. Are you taking this seriously or shitposting?
>>
>>48220773
I wouldn't trust a poll made by a biased mod AFTER the person in question has had their name smeared, anyway.
>>
>>48220969
>>48220928
Socks gonna sock, huh?

>>48220928
Oh, look. It won't come in the channel and it's spouting off DSD's type of arguments from memory...and it stopped pretended to not be deeply, personally invested in spreading just how butthurt it is about its long-overdue permaban somewhere along the line.

I wonder who this could possibly be?

You're lying trash, DSD. You had every chance to be a positive influence on one of the most welcoming RPG communities I've ever seen and you pissed it away by being your worthless, toxic self.

Most of all, though, you're a really shitty actor and baldly obvious liar. As said when you "Accidentally" ban evaded, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
>>
>>48220928
I'm pretty sure the strikes were publicly explained? The first was for complaining about some quest, the second was also in the same vein iirc, and the last had something to do with the wikia.
Ain also got banned for abusing moderation powers so there's that to consider as well.
>>
>>48221003
So what you're saying is that everying I just said is accurate, then? You don't have an actual argument anywhere in that post, so that means that either you consider the post logically sound or you don't have any counter to the logic itself.

By refusing to actually argue against my logic and reason, you confirm it. Shouting "samefag" and "doesn't count" only actually helps me. Once again you've been an invaluable aid.
>>
>>48221042
Publically explained by who? Punishment info is meant to be private. If a moderator is spreading information about users around, then they should not be a moderator.

Additionally, as previously stated, the old moderation left, meaning their opinions on the subject are completely invalid now (by their own choice). So the only moderators whose logic matters are Wander and the rest of the current moderation. Note how I said "logic", not "opinions". Even moderators don't get to bring feelings and opinions to an argument over facts and logic, and any that try to have no business running so much as a popsicle stand, let alone a community.
>>
>>48221050
"Once again"?

Your mask's slipping, DSD. I guess that if you have nothing else to do with your life and you're never getting unbanned, shitting up the thread is all you'll ever be good at.

But hey, I'm happy to give information...to anyone that can actually join the IRC channel. Ask for Tangent.

>>48221042
Actually, it was being a bully OOC in said quest, and sperging out and harassing people over the wiki and other things in said IRC.

>>48221109
You're repeating yourself DSD. Bit too obvious there when you pulled "buh THE NEW MODERATORS WILL OVERTURN IT" countless times including in this very thread.

Now, time for meguca pics and not worthless trolls.
>>
>>48221145
Note that I never tried to hide who I was. It's your assumptive language that implies that I did.

You still also haven't actually argued the logic, so by continuing to refuse to actually play the game by its rules, you essentially surrender, and admit that at the very least, my logic is sound.

In doing so, you have tainted your own views on the subject, and invalidated yourself as a proper and unbiased source of information. Anybody who gets info from you would suffer your bias.

You're either intentionally trying to cause problems, or you're just really bad at debate.
>>
>>48221109
I disagree completely. If punishment info is private no one in the community will feel like whatever fucker is causing problems is being held accountable. Same with rules. They should be PUBLIC but a) that's since been fixed and b) no one else caused problems warranting a permaban outside of one guy.
You can have your opinion but mods are people too. The old group left, sure, but if the community feels the same way as before then why should new mods go against the grain to prove a point?
>>
>>48221207
I would agree, however the old grain was found to be on fairly rotten wood, so forgive me if I'm apprehensive.

Not all of the sour elements of the old moderation have been removed. There are still non-moderators who are allowed to have clout beyond their position, and there are still moderators allowed to exert the power of their position to punish anyone they like with flimsy excuses.

Also, any community-viewed punishment should be given the opportunity to be fairly seen from both sides. Punishing somebody and giving them no chance to defend themselves in the public eye is straight out of the Salem Witch Trials. After all, if they're truly so completely irredeemably worthless, wouldn't it be better to have them make a total ass of themselves in a public, identifiable place?
>>
>>48221230
Uhhhhhh I'm not sure we're talking about the same place. Rotten? My time here has been nothing but positive. Sure there's some drama from time to time but everyone is taking it easy now.
No idea who you mean by having clout beyond their position. Quasar I guess? He made the CYOA so he SHOULD have VIP position.
To the last point how does that translate into an actual action. It sounds like the thread is a good public board as any so... I don't get it.
>>
>>48221195
You're an even worse lawyer RPer than you are a system designer. More importantly, you're not going to get unbanned for the shit you pulled and that anyone who isn't permabanned from the channel could easily find out about...if anyone but you and the sock on your right hand actually cared.

Toodles, DSD. Go find something else to pollute with your life.
>>
>>48221289
The problem with the thread is that it's almost impossible to prove anyone is anybody that they say they are.

For all you know, I could be Tangent, I could be DSD, I could be Sahara, or I could be some random fuck that isn't invovled in anything at all. Maybe all 4 of those people are the same person, even. Maybe DSD and Tangent have been each others' sockpuppets this entire time, only pretending to have such hatred and loathing for each other to put on a convincing performance for the community. Hell, maybe you're just a sockpuppet of me, only presenting a perspective to allow me to make this post. You can't really prove that is or isn't happening, though, can you? Especially not in the thread.

If you are suspicious of one person on almost no basis, then it stands to reason that you're suspicious of everyone on similar levels of basis, or that you have some sort of innate prejudice.

Regarding "clout beyond their position", I'm not talking about QB.

The current head moderator (Wander) reviewed DSD's case and was given permission to peruse the entirety of DSD's logs to check for notifications of strikes (since channel policy is that you have to be notified of being punished, otherwise obviously how are you supposed to know). Wander refused, stating that such logs could be doctored, but also refused to not account for the "information" that the logs were meant to invalidate (that DSD had 3 strikes against him after his initial ban). It was argued that Wander's own logic invalidated this statement, since by his own logic the information he had could've easily been faked.

At this juncture, Wander was given a choice: adhere to his logic and the rules of the chat and overturn DSD's ban, or admit that he was willing to contradict himself and the rules that he wrote in order to punish somebody without proof.

He chose the latter.
>>
File: Bum7lJeCcAEIius.jpg (97 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
Bum7lJeCcAEIius.jpg
97 KB, 600x849
>>48221467
Okay, DSD, keep salting like anyone cares. You got caught redhanded to the point where you were hammered and you had an entire laundry list of offenses beforehand.

Noted that you've just confessed to your entire "but you can't prove who I am!" shitposting when you're blatantly DSD. It'll make interesting reading if anyone actually cares in future.

And they won't. You'll never be unbanned because you're an unrepentant, shitposting asshole who never stopped being the same piece of work that drove people off. And no amount of attempts at rules lawyering will change that.

So in short, shut up.
>>
>>48221517
>Arguing a point that the post itself states is a dumb point for the very reasons you outlined.
>Personal attacks
>Claiming a "laundry list" of offenses in a vague manner and refusing to elaborate on ANY of them without a condition or restriction or bias.
>Speaking for other people's thoughts and opinions.
>"actually thinking and using logic is bad because RULES LAWYERING" when the entire point of a lawyer is to debate the facts over a dispute of law, be that law an international crime or some random fucks from a 4chan community.

Either make a real argument, admit you're doing nothing but shitposting, or shut the fuck up. You've done nothing to contribute to the conversation and your input has had nothing of value in it except buzzwords and attempts to make public view of somebody you don't even know look bad.

If you're going to post images of magical girls, fine, but do so quietly or provide a genuine contribution.
>>
File: atsuki.jpg (77 KB, 574x800) Image search: [Google]
atsuki.jpg
77 KB, 574x800
>>48148256
>>48148431
(19,8,1,8,3,8)
Start: Emergency!
Name: Atsuki
Body: Average [+1 AGI*]

STATS (out of costume/in costume)
STR 3/4
AGI 4/15 (Bronze x1)
VIT 3/6 (Bronze x2)
MAG 5/20 (Silver x3)(Bronze x1)
LCK 3/4

Specialization: Fire [+3 MAG]
Weapon: Ranged II, Mystic I [+2 AGI, +1 MAG]
(G) Weapon: Ranged II, Mystic I [+2 AGI, +1 MAG]
Dark Weapon: Ranged IV, Mystic II [+4 AGI, +2 MAG]
Outfit: Skimpy [+1 AGI]
Power: Focused Assault
PERKS (13,5,5,16,20)
Healing Artifact
Gifted [+1 MAG*]
Interdimensional Home
Sorcery [+1 MAG*]
Power Artifact (Darkness - Shadowstep)
(E) Dual Weapon
(E) Enhanced Weapon

PATRON
Ebon Mint + Lesser Forces
Benefits, EM: Black Coin, Non-Exclusivity
Benefits, LF: Focused, Subtle, Payment
Drawbacks, EM: Debt, Betrayal
Drawbacks, LF: Limited, Rival Force
Black Coin: Dark Magical Girl, Additional Weapon
Mental Mutation: Builder

Atsuki doesn't think twice about sacrificing freedom for security. She's had too many close calls where the shrine spirit she borrows power from was nearly destroyed. Since a fateful encounter with a black coin in a troublesome spot, she's since supplemented her twin ofuda with a ceremonial sword of spells, something that seeps of sinister intent. Bravery and confidence have long given way to hysteria and self-hatred, an upsetting personality for someone so skilled at Fire.

Yet the spirit remembers when she was the first to offer herself to protect the lands from a creeping evil. Even if it means breaking a self-imposed policy of solitude and non-interference, the girls of old rivals might be a last resort worth pursing. Anything, anyone, so long as they could break Atsuki from her unseeable debt.
>>
>>48221576
Come and say that in the channel- or I suppose we all know who and what you are. DSD, banned shitposter and incompetent sockpuppeteer.

You're not a lawyer. You're not a member of the community. You're not even relevant other than for this clutter in a thread. And you're definitely not coming back, so you're just deadweight on the thread shitposting about people who've already left thanks to YOUR bullshit.

All you CAN do now is lie about how you got banned, lie about the people who banned you, and lie about a community that has exactly no place for something like you.

You're toxic, DSD, but you're also pretty much irrelevant now. Just a waste of posts.
>>
>>48221580
Nice. Hope to see more of her story if you plan on writing it?
>>
>>48221736
Hopefully I can find enough time to. For now, I need a couple other characters to get involved in Atsuki's story. Might just use the next few builds that show up.

I also don't have a terribly good reference point for how powerful Atsuki is relative to her environment and other characters. The character archive uses AMGC Core so those stat values are inflated. Should I just play it fast and loose? (Does Gifted even do anything outside of the +1 stat point?)
>>
>>48221890
Gifted in AMGC uses benchmarks set by how many points of MAG you dump in.
Unfortunately it doesn't have much use if you already have 20/+ MAG except you'll have a little more leeway with creating your own custom spells.
>>
>>48221890
In the CYOA, Gifted makes you better at spellcasting, and lets you use weak versions of your specialization's magic even while not transformed.

The AMGC archive is fairly outdated anyway. If I recall, a number of the stats are likely overinflated anywho.
>>
>>48221949
So essentially I'm looking at "fun with explosions." Good to know.

>>48222078
>use weak versions of your specialization's magic even while not transformed
Isn't that what Sorcery is for? Atsuki has it too, but that just brings up the possibility of stacking.
>>
>>48221890
She looks pretty strong if not a little glass cannony. Slightly lacking in HP but her stat average is a few points above the average of AMGCore (even taking the inflation into account). There isn't much disparity since the CYOA has origins AND different patrons which gives 1-6 points in a stat boost which AMGC doesn't take into account. Honestly both have inflated in stats through the last few months, not JUST Core.
However, I'd suggest going Monster girl instead of DMG in Core. You get more stats and utility.
>>
>>48222116
Oh, sorry. I got Sorcery and Gifted mixed up.
Gifted makes it so that you can perform tricks with your specialization that most other people of your skill level can't.

With just the base CYOA in a roleplaying context, I'd consider Gifted being something akin to half a bonus point in the stat.
>>
>>48222218
Quasar said Gifted was the special snowflake skill. I believe the example he gave was Darkness or Spirit specialization girls being able to see the darkness in someone's soul. Quite a bit more substantial than the stat system in its current state is able to represent.
>>
>>48222238
In that case, it'd probably be more like the + notation for Servant skills in the Nasuverse. A Rank C skill is pretty decent, and a Rank C+ skill is just as decent, but has a weird something that makes that skill perform above the norm.
>>
>>48222152
>There isn't much disparity
Okay, that makes sense. As for her HP, thankfully she's designed to be a glass cannon to back up her paranoia. She has a Healing Artifact which might help in a pinch, maybe.

Monster girl wasn't a great idea because I still wanted to keep her human and relatable. Monster girl is more of a separate existence, even if it is more powerful (especially with that second specialization).
>>
>>48222280
To be specific, a + can be interpreted mechanically to mean "double effective value in specific situations," but it's better not to worry about that, because Servant stats aren't hard and fast rules, but narrative aids.
>>
>>48222289
If you're a single spec monster girl you don't have to take a motivation, and you can pick your monster girl perks to keep her looking human.
Off your theme I can imagine the
Berserker/Diehard
Cursed
Legacy
Immortality
Sanctum
Sealed
or
Numb
perks to make a lot of sense, and none of those explicitly modify appearance.
>>
>>48222324
Aren't those from AMGC Core instead of the original?
>>
>>48222365
Oh right!
Just some suggestions in case you did want to join the IRC then. There's no discrimination against characters rolled from the CYOA, of course.
>>
>>48222324
Not having a mon motivation means you're like a DMG. It doesn't mean you're normal.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 450x600
>>
File: 1459663195603.jpg (390 KB, 2227x2925) Image search: [Google]
1459663195603.jpg
390 KB, 2227x2925
After all the drama here, having to start a new thread would not be an issue in my opinion.

But, oh well. Might as well bump it.
>>
File: image.png (442 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
442 KB, 600x600
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.