[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: Duels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: clue.jpg (60 KB, 506x709) Image search: [Google]
clue.jpg
60 KB, 506x709
Anyone here plays Magic: Duels?

I know it is online and such but it is magic so I guess this is a right board?

What are you playing?
What are your tricks to get rank 40?
Did you find any cheat level combos?
How do you like current meta?

I'm currently at rank 23, but I have been testing some new builds that showed not to be very efficient. Playing mainly GW control with a lots of investigate, but also some mono red, BR and BW aggro (damn, meta is so full of aggro right now) some esper controls and such... can post a decklist(s) if anyone is interested.
>>
>>48237093
What are you playing?
RUG good cards.dec

What are your tricks to get rank 40?
Mana-fixing via 4 sylvan rangers helps alot.

Did you find any cheat level combos?
The game is shitty and full of glitches so you can abuse them. For example flipwalker Jace's -3 ability doesnt exile the card so you can keep casting boardwipes again and again if that sounds like something you'd want to do.

How do you like current meta?
Mostly I just play bot games to complete my daily quests. I occasionally play against actual players just to get the win of the day coins.
>>
File: 635862793734437067.jpg (44 KB, 615x346) Image search: [Google]
635862793734437067.jpg
44 KB, 615x346
I might occasionally bump this thread.
>>
File: bolas.jpg (39 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
bolas.jpg
39 KB, 500x447
>>48237215
What is your rank?

Sylvan ranger is really good, I can confirm. Playing only 3 though, the forth being Nissa who basically fits the same role.

Also great fan of Bellower and Gaea's revenge (most decks have zero answers for that, usually ends up being 3 for 1)

Care to post your RUG good cards.dec?
Bet you are playing Chandra's ignition =)

Interesting point about Jace. Never noticed although I play him in almost every deck.
>>
>>48237280

You should run Nissa in addition to the 4 rangers. Nissa can't color fix like they can. Plus the deck thinning matters.

Bellower is great in 4 or 5 color decks but you shouldn't run Gaea's revenge unless you're a ramp deck. 7 mana is just too high. You'll die to the aggro deck while it sits in your hand being worthless.

>Bet you are playing Chandra's ignition =)
God no. Card's terrible. Can't do anything by itself.

Decklist. (still dont have all packs so technically this is unfinished)
2 sulfur falls
2Hinterland Harbor
2 Rootbound Crag
2 Cinder Glade
2 Wandering Fumarole
2 lumbering falls
5 forest
3 islands
3 mountains
1 westvale abbey

1 Fall of the titan
2 Fiery impulse
2 Sylvan advocate
4 Sylvan ranger
3 Elvish Visionary
2 Oath of Chandra
4 Press for answers
1 flipwalker Nissa
2 Tireless tracker
3 Bounding Krasis
3 Ulvenwald mysteries
2 Exquisite firecraft
2 Altered ego (copying reality smashers is orgasmic)
1 Brutal expulsion
1 Arlinn Kord
1 Jace, unraveler of secrets
1 Chandra flamecaller
1 woodland bellower
>>
>>48237430
Thanks for tips. I run revenge in ramp with explosive vegetation. I run multiple 1/3 creatures with Ulvenwald mysteries to slow down aggro until my Outland colossus can hit the board and thats usually it for them.

How do you like press for answers? I was considering it in my UG investigate.

I also have just origins and 90% of Innistrad.
There is a lot of powerfull cards in Zendikar that I'm really missing, like Ulamog, big Chandra, Greenwarden or Advocate.

Thanks for a decklist, seems pretty sweet.
When you are farming hard AIs, do you run monored aggro for speed?
>>
File: magic4.jpg (92 KB, 640x409) Image search: [Google]
magic4.jpg
92 KB, 640x409
Art for the cause
>>
>>48237534
>How do you like press for answers? I was considering it in my UG investigate.
Well if i didn't think it was great I wouldn't be running a playset of it would I? Additionally its a bad idea to play an investigate deck. Many of the most important cards for it were excluded from Magic Duels. Investigate should be a side-dish in a deck whose main focus is elsewhere.

>When you are farming hard AIs, do you run monored aggro for speed?
Nah. Takes the fun out of it. Besides, if you make a deck as inconsistent as monored in this highly constricted format you'll just get frustrated on the games you don't win. No deck thinning or draw power.
>>
Run it once in a while to scratch that mtg itch without spending all of my jew gold on it.
>>
>>48237603
Jew gold is a term we are using too, where are you from?

>>48237592
Thanks.
>>
>>48237647
I don't know if it matters, i got it from 4chan
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.