[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Gods turn evil > Kill 'em > Tentacle monsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 21
> Gods turn evil
> Kill 'em
> Tentacle monsters from space
> Better keep killin' those things until it sticks, it worked last time.

What the fuck, tg? He's doesn't even have like a magic sword or bullshit plot powers or anything, and he's still REM KAROLUS, SLAYER OF ELDRAZI! How many do you have to slay until they start calling you that? He has a crossbow and he's sick of your shit, Emrakul.

Where is my card of that guy?
>>
>Where is my card of that guy?
Sets get made in steps.

>The design people start come up bare-bones mechanics-only cards.
>The development people try to make it not be brroken as shit.
>The people who can't write good try to make it pretty.

By the time it gets the writers at the end, the cards for the set are locked in.
If there isn't a Legendary card to give to a character they make... that character just doesn't get a card.
Sometimes they try to stick it on a non-Legendary (Laboratory Maniac is totally Ludevic), but that can be hard to do.
>>
File: fifteen squirrels.jpg (37 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
fifteen squirrels.jpg
37 KB, 320x320
>>48193804
Rem is little kill stealing bitch, that fucker was already dead from 15 squirrels
>>
I'm still waiting for Old Rutstein to get a card
>>
>>48193804
Is that the crossbow thingy from Open the Armory? That'd presumably be a piece of Equipment and therefore a magical artifact of some kind.
>>
>>48193804

Rem can't touch me with that.

Can't even tie a rancid rat to a bolt to kill Brisela either.
>>
File: Slayer's Cleaver.png (177 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Slayer's Cleaver.png
177 KB, 265x370
>>48194504
But he can hack you up, you wretched piece of overgrown calamari,
>>
What I'd like to know is why are they shoving her into the moon when they KILLED the other two? Didn't they try containing that bitch multiple times and it didn't work?
>>
>>48196931
Zendikar is a special plane with ADHD magic.
>>
File: Image.png (117 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117 KB, 223x311
>>48193804
Pretty sure they just call him Rem Karolus, Slayer of Our Biggest Current Problem
>>
>>48196931
Marketing shows that she's the most popular villain so creative's been ordered to put her in the closet instead of killing her off so she can be dragged back out for nostalgia appeal at a later date.
>>
>>48196931
They used the Leylines of Zendikar, which are ridiculously overpowered. They just could't do it, specially without the Hedrons.
>>
>>48197187
also the leylines of zendikar were engineered specifically to drag eldrazi out of the blind eternities. Innistrad's leylines weren't engineered for quite the same purpose.
>>
>>48197167
>"It was all these fuckers' fault."
>Rem Karolus, Slayer of the Gatewatch
>>
>>48197220
Actually, Nahiri went through an arduous process of assembling the cryptoliths to drag Emrakul, willing or otherwise, through the Blind Eternities towards Innistrad.
>>
gonna play u/w spirit control and call it hellen queller

worth or no
>>
>>>48197246 inb4 he gets a planeswalker card
If that happens before Hedron Crab, I will be thoroughly pissed
>>
>>48196931
>when they KILLED the other two?
Zendikar itself (which is alive, absurdly powerful, and generally FURIOUS at all times) channeled through Chandra to unleash a firestorm that could consume two planet-sized god-creatures.
Nissa could only manage that due to the Khalni Heart. It's not an option off of Zendikar, unless other planes are also sentient and have magic flowers that allow you to become living conduits of their phenomenal powers.
In other words, they just do not have enough mana. They had to borrow an entire plane's worth last time.
>>
>>48197347
hedron crab is probably dead
>>
File: confirmed not dead tho.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
confirmed not dead tho.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>48197605

That's the method for becoming a planeswalker.
>>
>>48197267
She didn't drag it, she focused all the mana at one spot to attract Emrakul. Hence Coax from the BE rather than Drag from the BE
>>
>>48197167
So you're saying Rem Karolus is the hero we need?
>>
>>48193804
>How many do you have to slay until they start calling you that?
I built a bridge once and did they call me the Bridge Builder?
I hunted down entire pack of wolves once and did they call me the Wolf Hunter?
But get wild with your drinking once ...
t. Boris the Goatfucker
>>
>>48197167
>Rem Karolus, Slayer of Maro.
>>
>>48197834
Good job. I laughed. I am sorry to hear about your troubles, Boris.

But you really shouldn't fuck goats...
>>
>>48193804
Rem is Innistrad's Solomon Kane, remember?

Homeboy wrestled a ghost once.
>>
>>>48198056 I laughed.
It's a /really/ old joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A85ipUgy5B4
>>
>>48198146
I'm allowed to laugh at old stuff. Plus, it was new to me.
>>
>>48196165
this card kinda looks like a World of Warcraft skill icon
>>
File: Rem Karolus, Slayer.png (218 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Rem Karolus, Slayer.png
218 KB, 375x524
>>48193804
Here ya go anon
>>
>>48196165
>the pieces in the background were clearly chopped more than once
>>
>>48198823
Disregarding everything else wrong with that, the first ability should mention the Creature supertype, and the second ability should refer to creature type as "subtype".
>>
>>48198916
Card text does not mention super or sub types retard.
>>
>>48198916
>the first ability should mention the Creature supertype
I fail to see why it would not hit any (nonexistent and likely never existent) Tribal Enchantment - Angels.
>>
>>48199737
Because the third ability has you pick a supertype.
I'm surprised it doesn't say non-Land.
>>
I like this Rem Karolus guy, he's the hero we need to fight off the memedrazi.
>>
>>48199778
You never slain a Mountain?
>>
Why don't more people on Innistrad have bear trap launchers
>>
File: m0x0p4L.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
m0x0p4L.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
Fuck outta here yall
I have 60 mox opals.
I have a rifle that fires rounds made from raw mox opal ore. They travel at 9,500 feet per second and have immense knockdown power

I also have grenades made from a reactive compound containing a bismuth-fluoroantimonic acid-mox opal mix. Highly explosive, which is an understatement.

I am the true slayer of Emrakul.
>>
>>48200398
Because 2 damage wouldn't kill much more than a bear.
>>
>>48200497
But we don't know what the bear trap launcher does. It's not a card. It needed to be.
>>
>>48198823
Maybe something like: You get an emblem with "Angels lose hexproof, shroud, and indestructible and can not gain those abilities." for the third ability.
>>
>>48197667
Mind blown
>>
Anyone here use any three color decks for modern?

I know three color isn't the most popular option but I think it'd be fun to have a blue/white/black control just to piss people off. Kill spells and counters.
>>
I didn't want to start a new thread and this one is closest to appropriate.
What if the Gate watch was Mystery Inc.
>>
>>48197380
>unless other planes are also sentient
Wouldn't most planes have a worldsoul? Except for artificial planes.
>>
>>48198823
>Not G/W

unplayable jank
>>
>>48200689
Zoinks, Jace! Like, let's get outta here!
>>
>>48200689
then who is Emrakul, Tibalt in disguise?
>>
>>48200359
Rem Karolus has. The same way he did angels
>>
File: en_afvqwhtqoq_souls.jpg (144 KB, 620x480) Image search: [Google]
en_afvqwhtqoq_souls.jpg
144 KB, 620x480
>>48200709
Sort of, maybe. But Zendikar is uniquely alive in that it is conscious and makes active decisions with what's going on with the world above, reaching out to the mortals crawling on its skin.
There's no indication that Innistrad has ever talked with Sorin, for example.

I don't know if there's any lore about the Soul of Planes cycle but maybe they are all alive.
>>
>>48200750
Old man Bolas!
"and I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling neo walkers"
>>
>>48201032
I don't believe there's any lore, flavor, or reason in context for the Souls cycle.
>>
>>48201071
I think the most that can be gleaned from the cycle is a hint at what the dominant color on those planes is.

Zendikar is very wild, Ravnica is rather advanced, Innistrad is 2spooky, Shandalar has pyromancers and that's it. The main one that doesn't fit is Theros being mainly White, as it too seems to lean more towards Green like Zendikar.
>>
>>48201167
The lead god of Theros is Heliod and he's monowhite.
>>
>>48201038
Kek
>>
>>48201167
Theros = Heroic = White.
>>
>>48201201
>>48201376
I suppose it could also be white due to the heavy enchantment focus.

So yeah, all that cycle really does is showcase what 'tint' each of those planes has. It's not some sort of thing that represents the plane as a sentient being, just a really strong elemental-style creature.
>>
>>48201167
>>48201392
I know Mark said he believed Theros was more Green than white but I honestly don't buy that. The whole plane's theocracy and gimmick is literally powered by faith, and 2/3 of the trio of motifs that make up the plane (gods/heroes/monsters) lean white. It's not like Innistrad where the monotheistic religion there is very white despite being a plane associated with black, since the WG humans are only one faction on the plane whereas the main focus are the death and destruction caused by the monsters. Theros is Greek world but the front and center theme of Greek world are the gods first and foremost.
>>
>>48198916
You're an idiot. Creature isn't a supertype, and "creature type" is the correct way to refer to subtypes of the Creature type. Yes, that second one is kind of obtuse, but you're the one trying to be pedantic here.
>>
>>48200512
Presumably, a bear trap has:

"~ doesn't untap during your untap step.
T: ~ deals 1 damage to target attacking bear. Tap that creature and remove it from combat.
{1}: Untap ~."

A bear trap launcher, presumably, then reads

"{1}, Tap target untapped permanent named Bear Trap: ~ deals 1 damage to target creature. Tap that creature."
>>
>>48197167
> this guy has been slaying eldrazi, angels, vampires and werewolves for years with zero fucked given
> gets no card
I'm still upset gitrog didn't get an eldrazified card too
>>
>>48201651
>Creature isn't a supertype
:^)
>is the correct way to refer to subtypes of the Creature type
Those aren't the only relevant subtypes.
>>
>>48197180
She's the most popular villain because she's like the only one left fucking doing anything. Obs fingers are up his ass somewhere, dragon boy has been plotting, the fucking huntsman didn't even show up in this plane even though it's the last place we saw him.

Wizards fucking blow at making villains, they are always defeated in the most contrived manner.

This sets got some great cards but is an absolute failure lore wise
>>
>>48201929
What? This block's story was handled extremely well, especially given the subject matter and after how most people percieved OGW.
>>
>>48201984
SOI maybe, but Moon is a rushed travesty.
>>
>>48201929
>the fucking huntsman didn't even show up in this plane even though it's the last place we saw him.
Garruk was last seen on Shandalar where his curse was sealed by Nahiri's hedron.
It's unclear if he's even a planeswalker anymore.
>>
>>48201984
Plot was great until em hit. Then it's just super friends save the day with the power of friendship, again.
Oh you wondered what's in the moon for years? Oh it's fucken nothing lets just shove emrakul in there because its a giant helvault floating above the planet for no reason other than convenience. Raven man? Fuck we forgot to even mention him this time, whoops. Tune in next set to hear his master plan!

Magic lacks a villain to give a shit about. You got the fucking super hero group with nobody to fight except the villain of the week.
>>
>>48202095
I like Ob Nixilis and hope he has a long and successful revenge crusade.
>>
>>48200686
>I know three color isn't the most popular option
nigga wat
Jund, Naya Burn, Abzan Company and Jeskai Control are three of the most popular decks in modern and are all considered Tier 1
>>
How this set could have ended with something interesting. The ravenman is not a figment of Lilianas madness, but is actually manipulating all of the planeswalkers. He made nahiri into an emotional bitch willing to do anything to harm sorin (instead of showing up for five minutes, losing her shit and attempting to kill him because she's too fucking stupid to understand sorin might be busy for ten minutes), coaxed Liliana into assisting nahiri into bringing emrakul to innistrad (instead of gisa who helped doom her entire plane because some chalky bitch gave her the attention she always craved) and was all an elaborate setup to free something ancient entombed in the moon eons ago. Marit lage, an elder dragon, a shrew, fucking ANYTHING.

Instead we get a weekend vacation excursion by the super friends that solves all the problems and nothing interesting happens. They will go to kaladesh seeking skilled artificers to help Liliana with the chain veil and then something interesting might happen.

Maybe its just me, but one of my pet peeves is witnessing blatant wasted potential, and eldritch moon just drips with it.
>>
File: just chuck 'er in the moon, ay.png (2 MB, 1200x878) Image search: [Google]
just chuck 'er in the moon, ay.png
2 MB, 1200x878
>>48202297
This pretty much sums up what I hate about the new Jacetice League centric storyline. You introduce the big bad, then they just show up, plow everything with the power of friendship then Deus Ex Machina the problem, then there's no mentions of the long term impacts of everyone getting Cthulhu'd by Emrakul or everyone getting dusted by Kozilek and Ulamog.
>>
>>48202352
>it happened twice during this rocky transition of block creation storytelling
>therefore it will certainly happen every block thereafter!
This kind of attitude is tiresome to me.
>>
>>48202297
>>48202352
This is literally the best Magic storyline we've ever had, what the fuck are you guys talking about?
>>
>>48202398
How many blocks will it take for you to sing a different tune?
>>
>>48202398
It's just something we can expect to happen because a two block system is pretty shitty for storytelling, especially if they're going to jump to a new plane every block.

With three blocks, it basically went:
>Set up
>Conflict
>Resolution

Now, with two blocks, it has gone:
>Set up
>Conflict/Resolution/Jacetice League

The pacing is just completely fucked. While we cannot say for certain that every block in the future will be like this, what evidence we have so far is not particularly comforting.
>>
>>48202432
One, since Kaladesh will be written with the new block schema in mind. Shadows Over Innistrad was never intended to exist. Eldritch Moon was meant to be part of Battle For Zendikar.
>>
>>48194406
"Artifcats" aren't necessarily magical artifacts. There's equipment that is a pitchforks and torches.
>>
File: en_Fjlx5Te35A.jpg (64 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
en_Fjlx5Te35A.jpg
64 KB, 358x500
>>48202454
Sometimes not even that advanced.
>>
>>48198916
You are wrong on both accounts.

For examples, see Slayer of the Wicked and Adaptive Automaton. You do not need to say "Angel creature" and you do not need to say "creature subtype". You are shit at formatting.
>>
>>48202445
Yeah. BFZ oddly had a better position, since it already had the set-up done in ROE, and could therefore focus the first set on conflict, and the second on resolution.

But instead they doubled up on conflict in the second set by having Kozi show up. It could have worked great as Fighting Ulamog/Beating Ulamog.

SOI was trickier, as it needed set-up to establish a mystery, and the second set when the mystery was revealed. However, I think that rather than having Emrakul blow up everything and get sealed, they needed to make the conflict something that would get diminished by the end of the set, but not fully resolved. Have Emrakul get sealed sooner, but also have cards and stories showing that even with her sealed, the madness and corruption is still cropping up.
>>
> buy the blessed vs cursed duel deck because my sister wants to try magic
> she wants the blue white deck so I take the black blue
> turns out the white blue is cobbled together garbage while the black blue is a pretty decent well oiled and synergized machine
> wreck her shit eight times in a row while even coaching her next moves
Seriously what the fuck I thought these decks were supposed to at least be close power wise. I'm shitting zombies left and right while she's struggling to even get on the board. We swapped decks and the white blue still got fucking murdered.
What's the point of duel decks if ones way better than the other?
>>
>>48202673
A generally failed experiment. Should've waited for the Planeswalker decks coming out with Kaladesh, they're built for novices.
>>
>>48202697
>please look forward to this product that's not actually out it will surely be good
is this actual fucking shilling
>>
>>48202673
Humans deck is all about abusing every mechanic you have.
>>
>>48202754
I guess the good thing about this deck is you really do feel like your trying to fight off a zombie fucking horde and are usually a turn or two away from everything falling to pieces. Definitely some tension playing Wu while the Bu just shits zombies like they are going out of style.
>>
>>48202673
I don't know of any of the duel decks that are actually on a level playing field. Somehow the fucking Tibalt deck was miles ahead of Sorin's. Kiora just murders Elspeth. Dragons can't do shit to Knights. So on and so forth.
>>
>>48203366
I found Jace v Vraska and Ajani v Bolas were fairly well balanced.
>>
>>48202673
If the Humans get a decent equipment out early, you may be fucked, cause a 1/1 gets 4 power, first strike or lifelink. Generally zombies get a bigger field at any given time.
>>
>>48202054
probably uncontained veil energies keeping his spark from flatlining like obnix's did.
>>
>>48201929
>only one left fucking doing anything
Do you want more than one villain per block (other than the two we had this block already?)

>Obs fingers are up his ass somewhere
He was a villain in the last block. Jesus Christ are you amnesiatic?
>>
>>48202095
>with nobody to fight except the villain of the week

I bet that changes next block.
>>
>>48200497
bear trap should be a green red card
1green1red
Deal 2 damage to target creature you control
Deal 4 damage to target creature you don't control
Gain 2 life
Oops atleast i get to eat - gob the best bear trapper
Picture is an explosion killing both goblins and bear
>>
>>48193804
>implying Rem Karolus will get a card in next Innistrad

The Lesbian Hunters will though
>>
Would you like a block with Garruk as the main villain hunting for the superfriends?
>>
>>48205178
If he kills them all
>>
>>48205185
They could make all the Garruk related cards slasher themed flavorwise, like art depicting a clueless Jace with Garruk's shadow behind him.
>>
>>48203366
Izzet vs Golgari was pretty balanced, and tonnes of fun.
>>
>>48205203
I want it
>>
>>48205178
not just one block.
garruk following/hunting the jacetice league throughout the multiverse because of Lil needs to become a thing
>>
>>48205268
Only if he actually kills some of the fuckers
>>
>>48205178
You just gave me a chubby
>>
>>48205178
>The Jacetice League
>Having any extended conflict

Jace is literally Maro's Sonichu and the Gatewatch are his Chaotic Combo.
>>
>>48205178
>Would you like a block with Garruk as the main villain hunting for the superfriends?

that will wait till the Dark Jacetice League assemble with Garruk, Nahiri, etc
>>
>>48206281
So sad.

So true.
>>
>>48205203
>spooky slasher garruk in the art of an entire set
>doesn't have a card
>doesn't show up in the story
>he's just waiting in the background
>>
>>48202095
There was never implied to be anything in the moon. And many people guessed that the block woudl end with Emrakul trapped in it based on how the Helvault worked before we even knew Emrakul was in it. Are you serious right now? This conclusion was very possible and very clear. This is not some random asspull deus ex machina like OGW's leyline hail mary was. This was very clearly set up and well within the realms of possibility. I can't believe there are people who think this came out of nowhere and this was all just contrivance when it very easily and provably was not. I know OGW put a bad taste in your mouth and magic storytelling is never a masterpiece or anything but think fucking logically for one second.
>>
>>48202352
Tamiyo is looking kinda Sailor Moon-y in this.
>>
>>48202095
The helvault has been made out of moon silver since dark ascension.

>Plot was great until em hit. Then it's just super friends save the day with the power of friendship, again.

Oh so you literally haven't read the plot, got it
>>
>>48202429
Lad status: [] not wew
[x] wew
>>
File: Loosey Noosey.png (129 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Loosey Noosey.png
129 KB, 223x311
Loosey Noosey wants a hug
A Warm embrace, nice and snug
Around, around like a knot
Twirling about, neck to gut
Loosey Noosey and his friend
Together until the end
>>
>>48207747
More rope may not be necessary
>>
>>48205178
It wouldn't have any tension unless he at least managed to severely injure someone, so no.

If he manages to leave a couple of them comatose before Gideon drives him off? I'd be for that. It lets Gideon show off his actual fighting skills, while they can knock out Nissa so she can't just solve every problem with 'lolinfinitemana'
>>
File: Image.png (137 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
137 KB, 223x311
>>48207508
It also helps that emrakul was scheduled to show up on innistrad since avacyn restored

http://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/146825508113/how-much-of-current-story-was-already-decided
>>
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&flavor=+[rem]+[karolus]

Naya Rem Karolus, Defender of Innistrad when?
>>
>>48207771
it would be neat to have her unable to use mana hacks on him because of his natural affinity for green.

even though I know it's impossible, he should maul liliana. Because losing her beauty would be the best pottery for forcing the veil curse on someone else.
>>
File: Rabbit_Shock.jpg (20 KB, 245x262) Image search: [Google]
Rabbit_Shock.jpg
20 KB, 245x262
>>48207747
>mfw /tg/ starts another mtg meme
>>
>>48207896
>Lili's face gets fucked up
>Every art featuring her from then on has her covering her face with the Chain Veil
>>
>>48207929
Holy shit
>>
>>48201929
>She's the most popular villain because she's like the only one left fucking doing anything
Nahiri just almost fucking wrecked Zendikar.
Yes, she's a villain, so is Sorin.
Maro put a "favorite villains" competition or something on his tumblr/twitter and they were both on it. Both officially villains
>>
>>48208183
Sorin has literally never been in an antagonistic role. Nahiri is pretty obviously villain, especially after information in the art book.
>>
>>48203366
The Jace/Vraska one felt pretty balanced.
>>
>>48201525
It's also a plane heavily based on tradition, destiny, and the status quo - all things that are very, very green.
That said, Theros is Green/White rather than monoanything, and they wanted a monocolor cycle and Zendikar is green as fuck, so they shoved it into white.
>>
>>48208288
Tradition, destiny, and status quo are also all things that could be considered white as well. I don't think I'd call them "very, very green". IT depends a lot on the mindset (green is "let he chips fall where they may, let nature run its course", etc., white believes it can be blessed for a higher calling, driven by some greater force it believes in-- which is much more Theros than the former), but it definitely leans white in my opinion.
>>
>>48202095
>the nonphysical entity's plan, which involves Liliana, is not revealed.
Gee. It's not like he's in Liliana's head or anything.
>>
>>48208316
Tradition and Status Quo are both extremely Green. They're some of the things listed under the articles.

Destiny is the main one that I think could be justified elsewhere, such as Blue as it's often associated with prohpecy on Theros.

Not trying to argue that Theros isn't more heavily White, but those specific aspects of it are more Green. I think the biggest thing making Theros more green is the vast amounts of monstrous wilderness, but even that seems to be there mostly as a way to give heroes a chance to prove themselves.
>>
>>48198823
You did it
You made a call of duty killstreak into a card
Are you proud?
>>
>>48193804
>He has a crossbow and he's sick of your shit, Emrakul.
DEBT.
Emrakul can't be targeted by Clear Shot.
>Where is my card of that guy?
Right there.
>>
>>48208380
"Status quo" is one of the reasons Azorius and Selesnya are the way they are. White likes things to be consistent and subdue outliers. It wants things to be uniform. and I do think Maybe Tradition leans a little more green than white because the word feels more "spiritual" than "religious" but I can't really give any consistent explanation why.
>>
>>48196165
>3 to play
>4 to equip
>uncommon
at least I won't see many in my cardpool...
>>
>>48208516
There better be some amazing equipment in Kaladesh for being an artifact block because they have all these equipment plants but they haven't introduced shit all for good equipment. I said the same though for SOI since Humans have always had an equipment subtheme for the plants in OGW so probably not.
>>
>>48208546
I expect the block to be largely artifact equipment, artifact, and enchant creature spells.

Creatures will obviously have some artifact synergy.
>>
>>48207870
Probably in a Commander deck or something like that. Probably just a GW Human tribe commander though since Shard decks have already been done.
>>
>>48208472
>Emrakul can't be targeted by Clear Shot.
Forgive me if my early morning rules comprehension is lacking, but isn't it the creature dealing damage? Not clear shot?
>>
>>48196931
Innistrad doesn't allow them to use the ol' Channel+Fireball trick, but it does have a nice big moon made of special capture silver. Plus, Emrakul has Protection from Instants and Imprison in the Moon is an Enchantment.

>>48200709
>Except for artificial planes
But New Phyrexia has a soul.
>>48201032
I thought Zendikar's schtick wasn't so much that it was alive, but that the Eldrazi presence made Zendikar's huge, rich mana want to get it OUT. The Roil and shifting landscape and all the land becoming Elemental was less a conscious effort and more your immune system going haywire when you've got a gross thorn in your side and it needs to be removed.

>>48198916
>the first ability should mention the Creature supertype
Fuck you, Tribal will return some day!
>>
>>48208614
>Fuck you, Tribal will return some day!
>There are people who actually believe this
Let it go old man
>>
>>48208489
>Azorius
>Satus Quo

Except they're always trying to make more and more laws to expand their power. White likes Order, but it isn't afraid of changing things in order to get that order.

To use further examples from Ravnica, there's the Gruul Clans, who are probably the most wrapped up in Tradition and wanting things to go back to the way they were.

To put it another way, Tradition and Status Quo are Green because Progress and Change are Blue.
>>
>>48208546
I'm hoping to see Colored Artifacts return in Kaladesh, though I get the sneaking suspicion that they're gonna call that too complicated or something.
>>
>>48208708
But Azorius is the guild whose main gimmick is bureaucracy and the use of it to stymy change. Their symbol was previously literally a maze to represent the difficulty of navigating and changing laws, and they got a gimmick rare in RTR block that used filibuster counters. Its one of their main identities, the bureacrats who can't make efficient change.
>>
>>48208614
>Fuck you, Tribal will return some day!
Sure it will, right alongside World cards.
>>
>>48208829
I think the main thing is that Azoriuous isn't so much trying to maintain a status quo, as they are trying to prevent disorder.

For Green's status quo, things can happen rather drastically, but overall not much will change. On Naya, a tribe might get wiped out by a Behemoth one day, but there are many tribes, and ultimately it's all just nature. Circle of life and all that.

Conversely, Azorius is about control. It doesn't want anything to happen that it doesn't approve of. They'll change whatever rules they need to in order to stop people from doing things, resulting in a lot of changes made to accomplish nothing.

It's not the biggest distinction, but they are trying to do these things for different reasons. Theros has a version that's closer to Green, where a random monster might ruin a town, but a hero might show up and stop it. Overall, not much changes, but it isn't happening in the orderly Azorius way where people actively work towards nothing happening.
>>
>>48205178
We may well get this.. Ob Nixilis has vowed revenge against the Jacetice league, so perhaps he could team up with Garruk and mess them up.
>>
>>48208860
Please, I hate having to run Concordant Crossroads to blow up Nether Void's
>>
>>48211505
We're going to get a League of Evil Planeswalkers at some point, just you wait and see.

Black: Obby Nix
Green: Garruk
White: Nahiri
Blue: Tezzeret
Red: Tibalt
>>
>>48194229
>I am Emrakul, the most fearsome of the Eldrazi!
>I can destroy entire planes of existence!
>What?! Fifty zombies?!
>>
>>48202095
Jace actually manages to see the Raven Man while he was in Lilliana's head, so he was mentioned.
>>
>>48211646
>>What?! Fifty zombies?!
>"You came to the wrong neighborhood, bitch."
>>
>>48211646
They literally killed the other 2 eldrazis using fucking fire.
>>
>>48212415
What next, they defeat Bolas with Flaming Zombies?
>>
>>48211611
... Oh god...

Can you see a set based around the Jacetice League and the Legion of Nix?
>>
>>48212437
I love the praetors, but I wouldn't be mad if they were defeated by an army of Myrs coated with some kind of anti-oil.
>>
File: kizaru_miffed.jpg (42 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
kizaru_miffed.jpg
42 KB, 704x400
>>48202673

> wreck her shit eight times in a row

Senpai against a brand new player, you probably should have sandbagged after it was clear the decks were imbalanced.
>>
>>48202673
They are not well balanced, since they have to make sure the deck worth isn't much lower or higher than the msrp.

I actually think that what >>48202697
said is right, but because the decks will come with a planeswalker and a lot of support for it, like 1/3 of the nonland cards of the deck are supposed to interact with the planeswalker somehow, so the chances of the guy who got the planeswalker out first wrecking the other is fairly high. Even more considering that all of the new intro decks planeswalkers will be highly costed, so that the advantage of the planeswalker is very clear and they won't die as easily. Of course they can fuck it up, but considering that there will be only 2 decks, and their value is concentrated on 1 card, my bets are on that they will be more balanced.
>>
>>48208596
The creature is dealing damage, but the instant is what chooses targets.
>>
>>48211646
It's not just 50 zombies. Liliana is tapping into the massive power of the chain veil, itself an eldritch artifact of massive power that would not be out of place in a Lovecraft story.
>>
The objectively best part about the Kaladesh release will be CoCo rotating out. Can't wait for it.
>>
>>48212415
Its a bit dumb, but it was a throwback to the actual Channel + Fireball combo of old.

It was the only good thing about BFZ block. Chandra actually did something for once.
>>
>>48196165
WELL HE'S HACKIN AND WHACKIN AND SMACKIN
>>
>>48214129
>it was a throwback to the actual Channel + Fireball combo
What? Can you give a link to the official source of that? Also, channel fireball can't kill both Ulamog and Kozilek without killing yourself, without to mention that there is nothing like channel to fuel the frieball.
>>
why is the moon a helvault again? How does a helvault the source of turning people to werewolves?
>>
>>48217826
They channeled a fuckton of energy from the plane into the fireball spell that killed both titans. And with the new spell, you can kill both titans at once and live afterwards since it hits two at once.
>>
>>48218230
The Helvault is just a shard of the moon itself. For some reason, Inistrad moonsilver is really magically potent and can be used for a variety of things. The moon radiates tons of magic which can set off the people cursed with lycanthropy into changing into their wolf form.
>>
File: 52237321_p0.png (2 MB, 708x1000) Image search: [Google]
52237321_p0.png
2 MB, 708x1000
>>48218887
>The moon radiates tons of magic
>Stick godlike eldtritch being that has immensely corrupting influence inside
What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>48219678
Emrakul's mutating energy will radiate through the moon, twisting Innistrad's populace a bit. Way less than when it was schlorping around on he surface, though.
>>
>>48219703
Yep. Sets them up nicely for Innistrad 3 where the humans are down to 1 angel, monsters are still everywhere, and now people are going mad and sprouting 3rd eyes during the full moon. Then the second set can help resolve things back to a status quo.

Can't wait for 2025!
>>
>>48207416
>He's in the background of every card
>>
>>48217826
>Also, channel fireball can't kill both Ulamog and Kozilek without killing yourself

Nissa + Chandra = 2hg
>>
>>48197347

Is this a thing? Do people actually want hedron crab to be a planeswalker? Or is it just this one guy?
>>
>>48222219
Probably just one guy, and he is most likely insane.
>>
File: KTkgFYo[1].jpg (30 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
KTkgFYo[1].jpg
30 KB, 512x384
>>48198136
Where can I find about this? Solomon Kane is dope
>>
File: 1395629201526.jpg (38 KB, 381x365) Image search: [Google]
1395629201526.jpg
38 KB, 381x365
>>48207747
OP here, Im glad I could be a part of this
>>
>>48194383
I'm glad other people read into random flavor text characters. I loved Lavinia and Noyan Darr long before they got cards.
>>
File: Rem Karolus Slayer.jpg (51 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Rem Karolus Slayer.jpg
51 KB, 375x523
>>48198823
He's very specifically a creature. What about this?
>>
>>48225517
Strike and black should not be capitalized.
>>
>>48198823
>>48225517
>Rem Karolus, Slayer 2BG
Legendary Creature - Human

As Rem Karolus, Slayer enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Rem Karolus, Slayer has protection from that type, and deals damage to creatures of that type in the form of -1/-1 counters.

3/4

Not sure if he's in the right colors; maybe he should cost 2BW or 2BC?
>>
>>48227652
Phyrexiafag detected
>>
>>48227818
A conditional Deathtouch would've been hell to word smoothly, and Infect serves the same general purpose of "Fuck tribal decks" without completely gimping Eldrazi, Dragons, and other fatty tribes.
>>
>>48227818
>implying wither is Phyrexian
Get out
>>
>>48202454
He is however wearing slayer plate, which is magical.
>>
>>48227652
How on earth would Rem be black or colourless? White and maybe red is the way to go.
>>48227970
As Rem Karolus, Slayer enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Rem Karolus, Slayer has protection from that type, and damage dealt by Rem Karolus to creatures of that type is treated as if Rem Karolus had deathtouch and first strike.

Wording is a bit unprecedented really, feel free to correct me.

or even (...) and when Renm Karolus blocks or becomes blocked by creature of chosen type, he gains first strike and deathtouch until end of turn.

works kinda different, but wording is a bit more clear.
>>
>>48228130
>damage dealt by Rem Karolus to creatures of that type is treated as if Rem Karolus had deathtouch and first strike.
That first strike bit doesn't do anything.
>>
>>48228180
you're right. Got to be replaced with lifelink or something.
>>
>>48196931
It worked for Princess Luna, why shouldn't it work here?
>>
>>48207747
On the plane full of hounds, wolves and werewolves, the knot joke goes to snake. Who would have guessed?
>>
>>48193804
Rem Karolus is so based, he has his own theme song:

https://youtu.be/-yIZBUgKfuw
>>
>>48228130
>black
His go-to tactic is large quantities of murder, and has budget Infect/Deathtouch/whatever.
>or colourless
His cards have been at least four different colors, and he doesn't seem like the sort to have WBURG cost.
>White
Maybe. I thought about BW, but he seems a bit too... grim, I guess? Just feels a bit off thematically.
>Red
He hasn't been portrayed as reckless or unpredictable, just as someone who is very good at shooting the monster of the block.

I mostly copied Adaptive Android (or whatever the name was)'s text for it, and modified it a little bit.

Also, Protection from, say, Eldrazi and Deathtouch together are completely broken for CMC 4, which is part of why I used -1/-1 counters instead.

>>48228180
>>48228205
It does if they have Trample or you're blocking with multiple creatures. Niche, yeah, but not nothing.
>>
>>48228180
>>48228205
Yes it does. It means the creature is dead before it gets a chance to strike back, due to deathtouch damage, regardless of its toughness.
>>
>>48205178
If Garruk doesn't end up murdering have nissa or Chandra I will be massively pissed. That's all his character is even set up for.
>>
>>48228619
Having damage be dealt as if it has first strike doesn't do anything since all first strike does is let a creature assign combat damage before creatures without first/double strike.
>>
>>48225517
>>48227652
>Not non-human
SoiledIt.jpg
>>
>>48219895
>"Where's garruk?" artbook
I'd buy it
>>
>>48228656
Yes, and...

702.2b Any nonzero amount of combat damage assigned to a creature by a source with deathtouch is considered to be lethal damage, regardless of that creature's toughness. See rule 510.1c-d

So even 1 point of damage dealt with deathtouch kilsl the creature immediately. State-based action kicks in and the creature is put in the graveyard. So a 1/1 first strike, deathtouch creature can kill a 9/9 vanilla without being dealt damage back.
>>
>>48228728
I'm not talking about deathtouch. I know how it works. I'm talking about the wording in >>48228130
>damage dealt by Rem Karolus to creatures of that type is treated as if Rem Karolus had deathtouch and first strike
It doesn't work because first strike doesn't work that way. In the wording, it's mean to give the creature first strike and deathtouch, but can only give it deathtouch.
>>
>>48228395
>>48193804
>Ludevic can Mcguyver up any monstrous creation.
>Rem Karolus can slay any monster.

Who wins?
>>
>>48228786
Immovable Object / Unstoppable Force. You are venturing into quantum territory, for which there is no answer.

>>48228728
>>48228656
There are in-game examples of this interaction.
>>
>>48228774
>>48228728
Pretty sure he means that
>damage is treated as if
doesn't work with First strike because it affects when the damage is dealt, not the damage itself.

Debatable at best, but a possible interpretation.
>>
>>48228853
Oh, well if that's what you mean, then yeah, it doesn't work. Therein lies the problem with homebrewed cards.
>>
>>48228853
Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

>>48228852
I already said that I knew the interaction between first strike and deathtouch, you dangus.
>>
>>48219895
>he's in the background of every jacetice planeswalker card
>After they appear and save the day, they not seem again
>blocks later, jace calls them and they don't appear
>no signs of jace on the second set he stars in
>>
>>48228786
Rem Karolus obviously. It is not a tie, because Ludevic can only make strong stuff, while Rem Karolus IS the strongest being.
>>
>>48224022
I personally had to import Robert E. Howard's Horror Stories but maybe you'll have better luck in your local library?
>>
>>48228891
Each walker is double faced, flipping into a new variation of Garruk.
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.