[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #937: Alien-Squid-Dolphin Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71
File: 1466961775685.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1466961775685.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>48130861
>>
Rolled Tower of God, trying to decide how fucked I am. What's the danger/power level like? Comparable to Bleach/Naruto? Fairy Tail? Hopefully way less?
>>
>>48138725
Just in case you didn't see my last post >>48138641.
>>
Jump 91: Neopets
>Page of Pentacles, reversed (Irrationality and failure to recognize obvious facts, coupled with a poor work ethic.)
Oh come on, it's Neopets! There is literally NOTHING TO TAKE SERIOUSLY HERE.
>Age: 15
>Location: Darigan Citadel
>Identity: Scholar (-100)
>Drawbacks: It's Just A Carrot (+200)
That's... not how carrots are normally shaped, you know. ew.
>Studious (Free, Scholar)
I am pretty sure I had the patience to do this before, but it never hurts to have it spelled out.
>Arcane Education (1000, Scholar)
Joy. Magic! Let's go with darkness, just to change it up a little.
>Accelerated Arcanum (800, Scholar)
Increased study speed with magic? Yes please.
>Archmage (400, Scholar)
So I've mastered darkness? Right then. I can work with this.
>Fyora's Rod (0, Scholar)
Speaking of 'I can work with this, I'll be taking THAT, thank you.

I... have absolutely no idea how things are going to go. On the one hand there's plenty of potential for adventure, given the way the jump is laid out.

But on the other... it's fucking Neopets!
>>
>>48138820
What's been shown so far? Less then any of the ones you've mentioned by far.
>>
>>48138821
>>48138821

Nah, it's fine. I think I'll just use my heavily enchanted sword to fight him. It has some fairly powerful Holy/Bane of Evil enchantments applied.

And if it come down to it, I picked up a perk from Overlord just for this sort of situation, anyway.

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any
magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions
normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.
>>
Hey /jc/, is a simple method to make acceleration to faster than light travel possible and reasonable?

By mundane physics, things with mass can't hit light speed, but there's got to be a solution besides just hand-waiving the problem away with 'magic perks' or 'super-science perks'.

How would people feel about an Aurora 4x jump?
>>
>>48138824
>There is literally NOTHING TO TAKE SERIOUSLY HERE.
Except for the colony drop and the godlike fairies who can fuck your shit up.
>>
>>48138893
It's fucking Neopets. I wouldn't even take a colony drop seriously here.
>>
>>48138872
Why can't you quote correctly?

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.

It's not that hard, just don't press enter at random parts of the quote, dumbass.
>>
Whats a good reverse engineering perk you can take early (I.E. in a safe-ish setting)?
>>
>>48138882
Possible?
I stole the Professor's Drive from Futruama

Reasonable? Fucked if I know.
>>
File: 1454893484123.gif (4 MB, 158x223) Image search: [Google]
1454893484123.gif
4 MB, 158x223
Okay so explain what happened to the MK jump

I had this whole story arc planned and shit and then it disappeared on me

Am I just fucking blind?
>>
Jump 92: Wheel of Time
>The Moon (Occult forces, sensitivities and intense dreams.)
...gee, y'think?
>Age: 21
>Location: Seanchan
I don't know who this Sean guy is, but I don't like his chans. I would rather have four chans please.
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: Gai'shan (+100), Miasma (+200), Chosen (+300)
I'm stuck acting as a servant for an Aiel, in a place where anyone with power is scorned and controlled on a GOOD day. Let it not be said that life is not interesting. I think it's going to be amusing when shadowspawn start screwing with the guys here though. Less entertaining when one of the Forsaken comes after me, though.
>The Oneness (1500)
Because the setting's names aren't already bad enough. Bad guys are Darkfriends. Concentrating on a task is The Oneness. God damn, I'm going to come back here post spark and either give these people some fucking imagination, or turn it into a Saturday morning cartoon show.
>The Dark One's Own Luck (1250, Drop-In)
Plot armor, you say?
>The One Power (650, Drop-In)
Speaking of needing some god damned imagination. Oooh, spooky, it's that one power! This sounds like the opening to an Annoying Orange skit.
>Dice (Free, Drop-In)
...ivory dice? Well, I guess they're nice. Into the treasure room!
>Bag of Coin (600)
And this into the treasure room also, we don't need whoever I'm supposed to be acting as a servant for to take it.
>Sa'Angreal (0)
This on the other hand... hello, into my magical conglomeration of doom you go!

You know, I'm going to serve out my 366 days, but as soon as that ends I'm going to derail the plot with a vengeance.

Befriending. BEFRIENDING FOR EVERYONE.

God I hate Wheel of Time; so much wasted potential.
>>
>>48138820
Huh, Tower of God isn't actually that dangerous to most. You can just ease your way into things, taking the Trials only when you feel you're ready and so on. However if you are an Irregular get ready to be picked on by the local Small Gods of each Floor. The second strongest dude in the Tower is an Irregular who murdered the crap out of one of the Guardians so a few of them just fucking hate people like him now. However if you manage to keep you head down until you get enough power and ability over Shinsoo you'll be fine. I'd recommend Legacy even if you aren't of the Great Families for the instant ten years of training with the new energy you know of.

>>48138872
Yep, U.A.M.D is awesome.

>>48138909
Perhaps they're used to a different format or forum?

>>48138912
MCU has Retro Engineering and it is awesome.
>>
>>48138935
The one that looked all imaged and shit?

yeah, that was from a guy who got tweeted at to come in and make it after we already had a guy claim it. We kicked it out after the other guy said "please no, let me work on this."
>>
>>48138909
>>48138949
>Perhaps they're used to a different format or forum?
This is correct. I haven't quite gotten used to enlarging the reply box before I paste.

>Use Any Magic Item: A rare and potent innate talent. You possess the power to use any magical item regardless of whether or not you actually meet the prerequisites or conditions normally required to use it. Wield a Holy Avenger as a blackhearted demon? No problem. A book of spells only powerful wizards could even open, much less learn from, when you’re a fighter? You can use it. A specific magic item intended solely for its creator and that repels the touch of anyone else? As far as it's concerned you are its creator. While this innate talent has a very narrow effect within its purview it is virtually flawless.

Better?
>>
Jump 93: Legend of Mana
>Wheel of Fortune (An unexpected turn of good fortune.)
I think this means I don't have to roll to see how well I do against a 600 point drawback.
>Age: 20
>Location: Irrelevant
>Race: Human
>Drawbacks: No Future (+600)
Speaking of 600 point drawbacks. I'm going to be grinding against black rabites for a long time, aren't I?
>Abilities and Techniques (1500)
Because why get such abilities if I can't apply them to everything I use in combat?
>Green Thumb (1400)
So I can grow plants better? Sounds good to me.
>Duba Bubu? (1300)
And not only can I understand dudbears, I can also understand wookies!
>The Path of the Blacksmith (1100)
Well, this looks like it's going to be a very important part of surviving for the next however many years.
>Basic Golemology (900)
So let's use golems to do my dirty work for me.
>Tempering Tycoon (300)
I'm pretty sure that combining this with the other two perks I've attained will lead to some very interesting results.
>Mailbox (Free)
Gee. I've always wanted a mailbox for my warehouse.
>Blacksmithy (200)
This on the other hand... I don't recall if I have such a thing attached to my warehouse, but I definitely do now!
>Golem Laboratory (0)
A place to build golems and such automatons? Sounds good to me.

So. A decade spent grinding my way up to the more dangerous critters. This is going to be quite the ordeal, but as long as I play it smart, I'm pretty sure I should be able to go all the way.
>>
>>48138882
Mass Effect FTL is simple in it's theory and application, but you need Eezo to make it work, so that might not be up your alley.

...However, Dead Space features gravity manipulation, which they use to form a Alcubierre/Shockpoint Drive, so maybe that?
>>
>>48138975
Ah, that sucks. Thanks. At least I have an excuse to do Dogs of War or something now. I need me some vampire women. Delicious heresy.

Does anyone else write unholy amounts of shit for every jump?

That's just me, isn't it
>>
>>48138882
Nigga if we could figure that shit out do you think we'd be here, bullshitting around, playing make-believe?

Hell no.
We'd be orbiting Alpha Centauri, bullshitting around and playing make-believe.

Maybe an Alcubierre Drive? It's still sci-fi, but it's the closest thing to 'realistic' that you could get.
Or maybe an Einstein-Rosen Bridge? It's a bit more out there, though, imo.

This anon >>48139005 might be on to something. Dead Space FTL relies on the fact that they actually developed the Grand Unified Theorem, which let's them play with gravitons like we play with electrons.
>>
>>48138909
God you're needlessly anal.
>>
>>48138882
That name seems familiar. Is it the super duper realistic space simulator that has a shitton of windows and maybe spreadsheets and no real graphics.

That one'd be cool.
>>
>>48138949
Thanks. Another quick question: if you're an Irregular who takes King's Chosen, will breaking the rules make many more people want to kill you than already did?
>>
>>48138975
Has the dude who claimed it posted any WIP?
>>
>>48139026
Can I say how that's one of my favorite little tidbits about Dead Space? It's what drove me to find each and every one of those notes in the games, because that's the only place they ever talked about it.
>>
>>48139043
Nope. He vanished shortly after voicing his complaint.
>>
New Chain Time!

>Hello everyone! Welcome, to Generic Chain NºLike-hell-I'm-counting-all-of-those! I'm your host [INTENSE ELDRITCH NOISES], but you may call me Jessie. And here with me, providing snarky commentary (but not really), is our lovely tes- protagonist, Jay!
You were going to say 'test subject', wasn't you?
>...Of course not. That would be mean. Are you saying I'm mean to you Jay? How dare you! After everything I've-
You threw me in Borderlands as my first jump.
>You're a tough boy, you could take it. You did, in fact!
Hell, you didn't even appear to offer a deal, or ask or anything. One moment I'll comfy, asleep in the safety of my home, the next this asshole is shaking me awake and screaming, we're in a bus, and he's kicking me out, and I'm in the middle of Nowhere Desert. Also, have wings.
>Woah, stop right there. I din' du nuffin'. You agreed to everything out of your own free will. The destination was set to Pandora, yes, but you chose all the details. Even the wings. It's not my fault that your ((Meta Awareness)) and ((Transdimensional Lore)) are so low that you can't remember the ((Point Allocation)).
THE FUCK!?
>Thanks for proving my point.
NO, seriously, what the fuck was that?
>Ask me again after Lovecraft. Or after meeting Wade, whichever comes first.
Lovec- No. Não. Nope. Nuh-huh. Hell no. Fuck that shit with fire.
>Ah, common sense. Be sure to conserve it, wouldn't want to run out of it, right? Now come on, we're running out of ((Post Space)), so let's do this at once. People might get bored otherwise.
>>
>>48138797
>Jumpchain CYOA Thread #937: Alien-Squid-Dolphin Edition
Oh look, another hip twat who misnumbers the new thread to be ironic.
>>
>>48139005
But Mass Effect FTL is also bullshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2QsbFOCeD4
>>
>>48139043
Nope, and you've seen the last few arguments unless you're completely daft. Nothing good will come of advocating we keep the imaged one because the anon who claimed it hasn't given it up.
>>
>>48139056

Body Mod
>[000] Heavy
>[100] Athlete
Well, this is nice. Didn't change much, but thanks anyways.
>[050] I Stregth
>[100] II Endurance
>[000] II Speed
>[000] II Dexterity
>[000] 0 Appeal
>[000] 0 Shape
>[100] II Senses
>Huh, though you would have gone for more strenght, or maybe get rid of acne, you hate those.
Yeah, but as someone who had to use glasses for almost my entire life? Having good vision is worth the sacrifice, oh so very much.
>[000] Flexibility I
>[150] Winged
You said I chose it?
>Yep.
I mean, I can see the benefits, and I always wanted to get on the Air Force and all that. But they can be really inconvenient at times, restrict armor and equip choices. Not to mention the feathers match my hair. The guys in Pandora were rather chill with the 'fallen angel' jokes, but what if I had gone to some supersticious medieval place? Or somewhere with actual fallen angels? That would end badly.
>Well, spilt milk and all that. Maybe you should look for some shapeshifting.
>[100] Metavore
Awww Yissss.
>Ah, the sin of Gluttony. Stay classy, Jay.
Hey, good food is one of the greatest joys of life. And I'll still eat healthy, regardless. Besides, this fixed my liver, for which I shall be eternally thankful. Thank you again, by the way.
>Don't worry, sweety. I'm sure you'll need it.
...And that's not ominous, at all. Great
>>
>>48139040
Basically everyone... however I'm not the anon who wrote that so that's just what I understand from the comic/Jump as written.

>>48139056
>>48139092
I really like this idea. It'd be kinda cool to have it happen like that.

Forgot my name these last few posts, sorry.
>>
Does Primordial Might from SMT increase your durability any?
>>
>>48139092
>And here we are!

1. Borderlands
Did you really have nowhere else to send me to?
>Well, I could have just sent you to Pokémon, but that would be too mainstream.
What's that even supposed to mean? Also, that would have been great.
>And very misleading! You would have gotten lured into some false sense of security, and would get screwed the moment you landed in Marvel or some actually dangerous place.
Okay, that does make sense. In a roundabout, fucked up, 'hard love' way.
>I'm not your enemy, Jay. In fact, I'm cheering for you, wishing for you to succeed.
...thanks.
>[000] Old Haven (Rolled 5)
>[000] Drop In
Fucking Nowhere, The Middle of. Population: Lot of assholes.
>[000] Boom, Baby, Boom
>Cool guys don't look at explosions~ They blow things up and then walk away~
Who's got time to look at explosions?~ There's cool guy errands they have to walk to~
>[100] Fight for your Life
It's kinda dificult to aim when you have a baseball-sized hole in your guts, but hey, not complaining.
>[100] INCOMPREHENSIBLE SUBTITLE
Who the hell I think you are? I'll tell you: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO THE FUCK YOU ARE!
>[100] Your Face Will Remember That
>And now you'll always know when you've traumatized the time-travelling BBEG's child self.
So help. Much use. Woah.
>[200] Badass
>[200] Legendary Luck
>No sassy coment?
Those two saved my fucking life so many times. They're awesome.
>[300] Action Skill: Phase Pierce
Definitely worth the weird looks. People tend to stop making jokes after you snipe a fucker from the other side of a city. With a pistol.
>[000] ECHO

>And this is where the prologue pastebin link would be.
>You know.
>IF WE HAD ONE.
Don't look at me like that. Not my fault.
>Oh, don't worry, It's not yours. It's ((Yours)). Yes, I'm talking to ((You)), right there, ((Behind the Screen)).
((STOP. THAT. IT'LL GET DONE WHEN IT GETS DONE))
*Winces*
> Whatever.
>>
>>48139086
>Nothing good will come of advocating we keep the imaged one because the anon who claimed it hasn't given it up.
In that case, I'm claiming all of exalted right now. See you guys in eventually if I ever actually make it.
>>
>>48139037
Yeah.
>>
>>48139160
Actually, Babylon already claimed that one.
>>
>>48139200
inb4 some kind of fallacy designed to showcase what that anon is complaining about currently.
>>
>>48139086
Not trying stir anything up. However did he post as a name or something? Did anyone record his actual IP. Not advocating jump stealing, but if he was just another anon who didn't put his mark on things. How we know if someone claims to be him, and throws down a jump or even a WIP?

Not that I'm advocating anyone to do so.
>>
Hey /JC/ other than rolling, what do you think is a good way to order your jumps? How do you make the call?
>>
>>48139253
We don't. But we do need to trust that people will stick to their claims. If someone does it like that guy up there claiming exalted, then yeah, ignore it because it's obviously bullshit. But if someone, not during a shitstorm, claims a jump, then they shouldn't have to give out their IP or something so that people will believe them.
>>
>>48139263
Arcs? Strings of jumps back to back that all have a unifying theme? Like a Magic!arc, Bio!arc, etc.

Ask the thread to toss you to different places?

Or just choose for yourself. That's what I do.
>>
>>48139263
"Increasing level of difficulty/danger" or "Whatever lets you tell the story you want to tell"
>>
>>48139253
It doesn't really matter considering he's never coming back. If someone else wants to make it, they should go ahead, that guy's claim is as solid as air.
>>
>>48139253
>jump stealing
>when someone claims something with no credibility that they'll uphold it.
Yeah, no.
>>
>>48139294
My claim on exalted is more legitimate than that other guys claim though. At least I'm posting here right now and will probably be in every thread for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>48139359
Really? What proof do we have? That guy was at least present for several threads, while you've only posted in this one. From what I see, you've got less claim then he had at the time, yet you're saying yours is more legitimate?
>>
>>48139359
Except for the whole "already claimed" thing. It might help to use a franchise that isn't already being worked on as an example. It shouldn't be that hard to find something, it's 600-ish Jumps against the sum of human culture.
>>
>>48139068
Autism the Video

For fuck sake, it's a Sci-fi universe. With some exceptions, you need to just accept FTL as a fact of the setting.
>>
>>48139068
>yelling at the setting for pretending it knows special relativity
>while he himself is pretending at the same

>Theoretical fictional tech involving a theoretical principle has merit, but I'm going to bring it into the real world so I can properly bitch without your supporting sciences getting in the way.

People still watch these idiots?
>>
>>48139263
It's been fun.
In jumpchain I just roll d100 yearly for survival, percentage of success dependent on particular factors/Drawback. I also roll once for every drawback to see how badly it screws with me.

>>48139359
If you wanna you could take it up with the Anons IRC (Link in OP) however Babylon Anon has already delivered the goods before and has said he'd do so again, so in truth he has more legitimacy than you. Basically in Jumpchain if you wanna make a Jump you take it up as long as no one else has it.
If someone does already have it then usually I've seen two reactions. First they agree to collaborate or second one or the other steps down from the plate whilst the other finishes the Jump.
This is merely my own opinion and thus has no influence upon the rules as written.
>>
>>48139138
>Now, before we proceed, I have a gift for you.
...?
>Your own, personal pocket dimension!
What's the catch?
>None, silly! ...I mean, it looks like your regular warehouse, and it's up to you to find a way to summon and banish things there. But otherwise? Completely safe. No drawbacks.
I- Okay.

Warehouse
>[010] Electricity
>[010] Pumbling
>The basics.
>[020] Forcewall
Completely impenetrable, you say...
>Just don't decide to spend all your time inside. Remember-
"Live an interesting life", I know. Still, its a good last resort, in case I anger a dragon or something.
>[000] Shelving
>[020] Medbay
Not dying is always nice.
>[060] Stasis Pods x3
Wait, I can bring other people with me?
>Yes. They have to come out of their own free will, though. Not everyone is willing to leave all they've ever know behind just because a cosmic entity asked them to. Also, there may be special opportunities to recruit people, so you won't always need those.
>[030] Free Space
>SPAAAAAAACE!
That was bad, and you should feel bad.
>You still smiled.
...okay, yeah, fine.

>>48139119
>Why, thanks! It's so good that SOMEONE appreciates my creative talent.
Hey *snaps fingers* can you please stop talking to your fellow Outer Gods and continue this whole... thing here?
>Oh my fucking- They're not my 'fellow Outer Gods', they're - how can I explain with mininal SAN loss - It's like Deadpool, you know.
...Like, 4th Wall and- Is my life a fucking cartoon!?
>Fanfiction, actually.
I- bu- H- wa- gurh *deep breath* Okay, okay. So I'm, like, a Mary Sue Self-Insert avatar that's going to stomp over the multiverse?
>From a certain viewpoint? Yes. I do hope we'll have some quality content, though.
Oh. Okay, that's- that's fine. I can deal with... having a boring life of winning everything forever. There's worse fates to be had.
>>
>>48139458
Look in the comments section.
Not only do people watch these idiots, they compliment them and thank them for giving them insights.
>>
>>48139421
>Criticizing someone for autism
>In a place where the main export is autism

Not saying I support him but I can't believe he didn't mention the creation of energy ex nihilo thing Mass Effect guns have got going on. Did they ever explain how that was supposed to work?
>>
>>48139498
He makes Autistic people look normal he's so Autistic.

And I think he was specifically targeting the FTL.
>>
>>48139498
I think the idea is that they don't actually create energy when they transition from the low-mass state to high-mass state with no velocity change, they just draw it from the mass effect field. But that's still really sketchy physics.
>>
>>48139458
Honestly on all of the videos of his that I have seen he just kind of grabs one tangent of the subject and goes off on that ignoring everything else and taking whatever he has to some absurd extreme.
>>
>>48139485
What's funny, is that Science has proven that speed of light isn't as constant as it was once thought. He probably never mentioned the entire tech is based on highly advanced civilization that had millions of years to perfect it (Leviathans) and their creations (Reapers) were responsible for seeding the galaxy to make civilizations develop on a predictable path so they can harvest them to reproduce when time is right.
>>
>>48139529
Wait, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Mass Effect field in the first place?
I thought they were supposed to be more energy efficient or something?

Maybe it's just easier/cheaper/less resource intensive for them to make a gun that works on wonky MacGuffin physics than an actual railgun. Less parts to replace every couple of rounds. I'd buy that.
>>
>>48139567
Sorry, not MacGuffin physics, Phlebotinum physics.
>>
>>48139535
>He probably never mentioned

Of course he doesn't mention it, logic gets in the way of his BEING CORRECT.

But never we mind his need to be correct because it's all JUST A THEORY. Despite him pushing it as fact.
>>
Rolled 551, 223, 95 = 869 (3d595)

>>48139472
>Now, with that out of the way, onto the real business. Here's how things will be, I'll ((Roll)) three jumps-
Stop doing... whatever that is. It's giving me headaches.
>-and them I'll let you chose between them. Just so you can't blame about the location (you big crybaby).
Heard that.
>Now let's get this shit done.
>>
Jump 94: Homeworld
>Seven of Swords (A desperate attempt to resolve a matter without conflict. The use of cleverness or outright deception to turn the tide in your favor.)
Because the enemy cannot adapt to... DIPLOMACY!
>Age: 28
>Location: Kharak Orbit
https://youtu.be/u3fyt322eGo
>Identity: Drop-In
>Drawbacks: The Greatest War (+1000)
Okay, yeah, there's no fucking way that diplomacy is going to work. But getting my enemies to fight each other? That's promising.
>Unbound (1700, Drop-In)
WE WILL NOT BE BOUND!
>Capital Ship: Carrier (1500)
If I'm going to be in a position to guide a fleet, I'm going to damn well make sure I can build one. Of course, with any amount of luck, I can convince the Hiigarans to permit me to buy more carriers from them... one is good, but not sufficient for resupply and bolstering the fleet on short notice.
>Sajuuk (300)
And if I'm going to be in a position to guide a fleet, I'm damned well going to make it worthwhile. It's going to take a long time to build, but I'm going to bring Sajuuk to bear.
>Progenitor Dreadnaught (Free, Sajuuk)
So. This is the craft I'm tethered to, then. On the plus side, it is better than even the two Dreadnaughts that are the key to Sajuuk. On the negative... well, repairing it is going to be a chore. But with the carrier, I can make repair corvettes and frigates to attend to such duties.
>Advanced Phased Telemetry (200, Frigate+ Class)
This is how you use Unbound to truly control all aspects of a fleet. As time goes on I'll be working this technology into all of the craft under my control - I shall stand at the ready, conducting battles as a lesser man might conduct an orchestra.
>>
>>48139610
>Inertialess Drive (0, Frigate+ Class)
This... this is a technology I will keep in reserve. When the time comes, I'll have the Dreadnaught upgraded appropriately, but it will be a long time until it's installed where it belongs.
>Great Core (Free, Sajuuk)
Secreted within the Dreadnaught, no doubt - I can bring a fleet across the galaxy with this. And unlike the Hiigaran core during their flight from their scorched home, this is not working at six percent efficiency - this one fully operational.

This will be a very long jump. And I will be spending a great deal of time in cold sleep, between scenarios, but I have every intention of having a hand in all three of these scenarios. My greatest challenge is going to be taking everything appropriately, rather than just using some out-of-context ability to pave my way through what is clearly the HILARIOUSLY BROKEN fleet scaling that was in the Remastered release before it was patched.

Guess how completely fucked the later missions were for me before that was patched? We are talking HUNDREDS of ion cannon frigates, dozens of cap ships...

But enough about that. Let's take these scenarios one at a time, shall we?
>>
>>48139567
Well, the point is less that they're energy efficient and more that it gives you unlimited ammo because the actual projectiles are the size of a grain of sand. Though I never liked that idea. It makes the specialty ammo completely nonsensical. The sad thing is, when they switched to the ammo-based system in ME2, they could have easily fixed it. Instead of saying "everyone decided to stop using the integrated cooling systems in the guns and now ONLY use disposable heat sinks", they could have just had it that the guns fired larger, heavier rounds for better penetration in this more dangerous era. Limited ammo again, no need for the stupidity of thermal clips, ammo powers make sense, everyone wins.
>>
>>48139622
Kharak. Desert planet. Your time has come. As I arrive, the Exiles are simultaneously launching their craft to intercept the Taiidan frigates attacking the cryo trays. One Dreadnaught of unknown design, launched to intercept, lobbing plasma at the frigates and aiming to cripple them - and a lone carrier of design suspiciously similar to one the Kushan have a theoretical plan for. Regardless, the Dreadnaught cripples the frigates' drives and flips them about in space from the sheer force of its projectiles, and they're promptly captured by the Hiigarans-to-be. I remain silent, withdrawing until they make contact with me; I explain that I was thrown from another universe, lacking technical data, but confirm that I am using a carrier of their design. I know their objective. They need to reach Hiigara. I cannot offer advice on how to do it, but what I can do is offer my support. While the Dreadnaught cannot get involved for the most part... I can lend them support with my carrier, if they share technical data so that I may bolster my fleet.

Cooperative campaign is a go.

Much happens the way it otherwise would, until we reach the Great Nebula. I tell the Exiles not to use their harvesters and to remain in place - and the Dreadnaught advances instead, ever so slowly. Once I am well enough away from them, I announce myself.

>"Brothers. Sisters. I have been sent here at the behest of He Whose Hand Shapes What Is. I am not his chosen, but witness: I am his herald, his prophet, and he has sent me to your Garden. I know of your defeat of the raiders who thought they could take what they wanted from the Garden, and I congratulate you on a job well done. Come forth, and let us speak of what was and what is to be."
>>
>>48139567
Technically the mass effect guns are railguns, with a mass effect field also playing part in there. iirc you reduce the mass of the projectile, then accelerate the low mass projectile with the rails, then it leaves the mass effect field and returns to it's former mass without losing speed somehow. It would make more sense in a way if it was using the mass effect field to accelerate the projectile without modifying it's mass, as the mass effect field does not have to have any components near the projectile, and you could have the acceleration of the projectile/gun from the mass effect field counteract the recoil from the railgun. Course as far as science that relies upon the fact that mass effect fields do not themselves transfer back on the device that produces them they straight up ignore the entire action and reaction thing.
>>
>>48139263
I go off node points. I pick a setting I know alot about and think about how I'd want to change the plot. Then I go through jumps that give me the perks I need to pull it off. I keep the in depth writing to the node points and do random stuff for the in between ones.

and thank you captcha, that statue had a very aesthetic stone penis.
>>
>>48139642
The Exiles were understandably shocked when a trio of Kadeshi motherships appeared from the clouds of the nebula and activate hyperspace inhibitors, boxing in my Dreadnaught. The Exiles are told to remain calm, and all shall become clear. And then I turn the diplomacy up full-force, abusing every bit of information that I should not know to bolster my position.

>"There is a great evil that drove you here. Drove you from your home, from Hiigara. For thirteen generations, you have watched. Waited. Kept the Garden of Kadesh from those who are unclean. Behold, your lost brothers and sisters - trapped for thirteen generations upon a desert world, Kharak, destroyed by that same great evil. All of you are the children of Hiigara, and fate has decreed that they are to return to the birthplace of our people. Fate has left unspoken whether you are to join them. Whether you shall hide forevermore within the sacred Garden... join them in purging the great evil... or set foot once more upon the ground of your home. It is up to you.

Much more discussion came after this... but not a shot was fired. In time, they came to state that their place was no longer on the ground, but amongst the stars in their holy place - but to drive a stake into the heart of the evil that drove them there would be nothing less than a holy war, and they took up arms beside the Exiles. Ship designs were shared between the two of them, and while their technologies were only barely compatible, it meant the Exiles still got multi-gun corvettes. And I, as Sajuuk's prophet... got the designs of their swarm fighters.

Hey, gotta start somewhere.
>>
234. Darkest Dungeon
Origin: Vicious
Classes: Apprentice Occultist (-100)
Estate: Stage Coach, Familiar Faces (-100), Town Square, Graveyard (-100), Alchemist (-200), Blacksmith (-200)
Perks: Ancestor's Shade, Heir's Light, Self Made Men (-100), Animal Cunning, Death By Inches (-100), Dance Around Death (-150), Foes in Disarray (-150), Executed With Impunity (-200)
Dungeons: Prophet (+300), The Hag (+300), The Swine King (+300), The Drowned Crew (+300), The Darkest Dungeon
Drawbacks: The Collector (+300)
Rewards: Stalwart Heroes [Chimmy, Asriel, Falco, Occultist], The Dankest Estate, Ancestor's Shade

So, I'm laying there on the weird fleshy floor, my whole crew dead and that weird pulsing thing finally falling down, with my clip emptied and whatever unholy things that survived our trip up here circling, and I'm thinking to myself that this is probably a loss that I deserve. I mean, I won, technically, but I sent too many people to their death to do it. Bleeding out on the floor of some dead non-ancestor is something I deserve, really.

Still, they saved this world, and were given heroes burials. I lost the Vestal after I knocked her out for spitting on the Abomination's grave. That did earn me some accolades from Chimmy, though Chris was shocked. That's a good memory to think about when you die. A combination of pride and the nervousness of someone who thought they knew you.

>"Are you done being melodramatic?"
Jumpchan picked me up. There was no weight to her lifting me, just a sense of motion as a (100-pounds soaking wet) young lady lifted up a rat monster.
>"You won. Don't worry about getting up, though, I'm hauling this whole place into the next universe."
>>
>>48139068
To refute the video, his assertion is based on the idea that Speed of Light is ABSOLUTELY static, where as he's explicitly wrong in that C is always relative to its observes own velocity. Speed of Light could be flexible, it's not his fucking place to make the assertion that it isn't.

Also, the only reason light takes years to travel from point A to point B, is because of our own speed as particles jostling against each other on a planet orbiting a sun moving through space in a galaxy moving who knows how fast. C is always constant relative to the perspective of the observer, regardless of who the observer is or how fast they're moving, but not constant in real terms due to time dilation.
>>
>>48139657
Linear cannon, technically, not railgun. I don't think they actually come in contact with the projectile.
>>
>>48138882
Doesn't that setting have something that rapes physics even harder than Element Zero called trans-newtonian metals?
>>
>>48139263
Jump pretty much at random, every 25 Jumps do a Jump that's really out of my Pay Grade, occasionally do Jumps to set things up to fit my ideas of what I do in that Jump or because they're fun/cool.
>>
>>48139668
Much of the remaining journey went as might be expected - the Kadeshi fighters had a key hand in negating the ghost ship's control, and the Bentusi shared super heavy chassis technology with the both of them, while I simply got to catch up with what I could produce with my carrier, and with the application of what I already have, it means I can operate them all unmanned. The combination of technologies under my design, Kushan and Kadeshi, makes for an interesting series of ships - ultimately they are no more effective than either side's, but they are slightly more compact, and lean toward the better in all respects.

The Kadeshi are ecstatic to receive super-heavy chassis research; this alone would have justified their journey out of the nebula. One of the two motherships that accompanied us out returns to the nebula, in order to make sure they have that technology and can build upon it for the future.

The attack on the Bentusi trade ship is routed quickly, though my carrier and the Dreadnaught both take damage as a result from a pair of heavy cruisers. Only partially repaired before the next jump, we are caught in a trap and all strike craft neutralized due to gravity wells. Fortunately, the trap was not for us, but for Captain Elson, a Taiidani rebel. Once the trap is dealt with, I go with the Kadeshi fleet, and let the Exiles follow up with him.

On our way to Hiigara, we act as the diversion to help them fly under the radar. Outposts are raided, technologies stolen, I manage to capture a Taiidani carrier and a couple of missile destroyers for myself (to say nothing of what the Kadeshi capture - salvage corvette army, anyone?), and we push on to Hiigara, reconnecting with the Exile fleet at the hyperspace inhibitor.
>>
Anybody know where I can get a clockwork! alt-form?
>>
>>48139741
They did in the first game, there was an upgrade, "Frictionless Materials" for the guns to reduce friction on the rails. Also two of the Barrel Upgrade were named such to imply rails, with the names of, "Rail Extension", and "Scram Rail".
>>
>>48139794
Girl Genius? Yes Girl Genius can get you that if you become the Science Experiment.
>>
>>48139794
You could Import a tech/industrial/steampunk/whatever pantheon into percy jackson and use the monster tree to create your altform.
I don't actually know of any such pantheons off hand but i"m sure they are out there.
>>
>>48139608
>Well, here's your options. #1: Twilight.
...'Sparkles'?
>*nods*
Bwaahahahahahaa. Fuck that.
>2nd is Generic Parenting.
Wait, what?
>Sorry, can't explain them. You'll have to draw your own conclusions.
>And, behind door number three, we have Claymore.
Fuck, the only thing I know about it is it has a ton of monsters and superhuman girls with bigass swords.
>I'm actually surprised you know about it, at all.
I... might have read a fanfic about it. It was a crossover.
>Let me guess: Naruto.
Fate, actually.
>*sighs* Anyways, (The List) is not quite up to date, so if none of the rolls are appealing, you'll also have the option to go to Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. This is valid for any future new jumps, but only until they get included on (The List).
...Is that the one with the slutty angels?
>...
>...fuck you Internet. Just choose one, already.
>>
>>48139795
The codex says differently. Then again, the codex tends to retcon how in-game items work a lot. Like, the particle beam ammo from the first game got retconned in the second into being completely impossible with any Citadel race's technology, going by the Collector Particle Beam's description. I don't think there was much effort put into coordinating it.
>>
>>48139874
If you're asking us to choose for the Jumper, then Claymore.
>>
>>48139887
I think I remember something about the codex stuff being written up first and separately, then no one bothering to check with it before they did something in the game writing that ended up contradicting it. It's also worse between games where they clearly didn't check back for what they had previously done.
>>
>>48139789
With the two fleets, the field generator at the Bridge of Sighs was annihilated, and the defending force... well, let's just say that this is where the Kadeshi knew that the Exiles were their brothers. Both sides sent in strike forces to distract the numerous defending frigates, before capturing them for salvage and using that to bolster their fleets. No less than eighty percent of those hundreds of frigates were captured and broken down by the Kushan and Kadeshi motherships and carriers. (Lucky me; I got a portion of them as well.) It was understood from that point forward that the Kadeshi and I would be dealing largely with strike craft, corvettes and frigates on the final approach to Hiigara, while the Exiles themselves would be primarily focused on heavy ships - destroyers and heavy cruisers.

And then, as we approached the Hiigaran system, we were wrenched out of hyperspace on the edge of the system and an asteroid was sent out way, on a collision course with the Exile mothership. An asteroid with a supporting fleet. At this point... the Kadeshi broke out their secret weapon: multibeam frigates. While the Exiles fought the defending cruisers and destroyers, the Kadeshi carved the asteroid to pieces most expertly. And then... we entered orbit around Hiigara.

Within range of the Emperor.

Whatever voodoo he worked on Karan to take her out of action... it worked on me, too. I was still able to guide my fleet, but 'sluggish' is too optimistic a word. It took me minutes to command the AI running my ships and it went very poorly for me as a result - my destroyers were lost, my carrier crippled, and if not for the Kadeshi covering for me, the Dreadnaught would have been destroyed by the simply massive fleet waiting there that came for us all.
>>
>>48139874
Give them a child!
>>
>>48139874
Generic Parenting. Single Dad Chain sounds like fun.
>>
>>48139920
In the end, I could only engage in one tactic that I know would work. I had dozens of strike craft under my command, and I sent them for the Emperor's mothership. Every single one of them.

He was fighting off the uncoordinated attacks of the Exiles, and his defenses were minimal at that point. The multi-beam frigates of the Kadeshi were punching well above their weight class, and for every two of them that was lost, a heavy cruiser or two destroyers were destroyed.

When it was least expected... my masses of fighters got into position above and below his mothership. And with one last command as I slipped into unconsciousness, I gave them their final command: kamikaze.

I woke once more after the battle had been won. My attack was not crucial - victory, as it turns out, had been inevitable - but it sped things along handily and losses were greatly lessened. When all was said and done... I left to rest within the Garden of Kadesh. I knew I would be needed again in the future, and I told the Hiigarans that when their time of need came... to send someone to awaken me, and I would aid them.

In the meantime, I made the Kadeshi an offer: I had a ship that needed to be built. A greater undertaking than any ship they had ever built before, but I could tell them how to build a shipyard that could assemble it. I could share its technologies, so that they might incorporate them into their own vessels.

And then, I slept.
>>
>>48139999
Years later, I was awoken with the news of an impending Imperial attack upon Hiigara. Relations between the Hiigarans and Kadeshi were friendly, though for obvious reasons the rest of the galaxy simply wanted nothing to do with Kadesh - which was fine by me, since all they ever wanted was to protect their Garden from the unclean. Still, I responded with a carrier, serving largely in a support role. After things had been mopped up, I offered to help the Kuun-Lan; after all, I was already awake, and I quietly confided that there was more to come; best to ensure their safety.

I went along with them, right up until the point that they located the distress beacon with the Beast infection upon it. At that point... well, I still had clout from helping secure Hiigara, but despite my warning, they elected to study the beacon anyway and things occurred as I warned them they might. When the Beast later attacked the Bentusi, however... I warned them - I told them EXACTLY what the Beast was, and that it must be avoided at all costs. When the heavy cruiser arrived, I launched my own ships; with remote control, as soon as I saw an infection beam lance toward a fighter, I immediately caused it to self-destruct, but ultimately the heavy cruiser was destroyed much earlier than it might have been.

With its destruction, things got much easier - there was only limited use of infected cruise missiles, none effective. The Caal-Shto, which itself had later been infected, made for a handy target for the siege cannon that the Somtaaw obtained. When the showdown with the Naggarok happened... sure, the ship could move with insane rapidity. But by then, I'd brought the Dreadnaught out of storage and was using that; a few choice words caused the Taiidan to turn on (and be destroyed by) the Beast, bombers crippled the Naggarok's engines, and the heart of the Beast was carved out by the siege cannon of the Somtaaw. The Beastslayers had earned their name.

And I slept once more.
>>
>>48138882
Basically? Nope. You need sufficiently advanced magic/science or some other kind of maguffin, because otherwise you're trying to make lemonade when all you've got is asparagus.
>>
So what is you hair color, Jumper? Do you dye? Do you change it constantly?
>>
>>48140137
>"The End Times have come. Prepare."

I awoke in the Garden of Kadesh. At last, the project I had set them to a hundred years prior was complete. The Fourth Great Core that had been secreted within the Dreadnaught was where it belonged, in the heart of a scratch-built, customized, and rather heavily upgraded mothership of my own - that is, Sajuuk with the addition of an onboard production facility. My carrier's berths were full of Kadeshi/Somtaaw hybrid fighters. I had, by that point, been reduced to little more than a rumor; the Hiigarans had made quite a name for themselves and no one questioned their capabilities.

And so... Makaan called himself the Sajuuk-Khar. Thus when I appeared in orbit, launching gravity well generators and fighters from my carrier to engage his forces even as they began bombardment of Hiigara, I made it my mission to destroy all Vagyr forces and kill him personally. And... he promptly hyperspaced out ANYWAY, because apparently plot armor trumps hyperspace inhibitors. But at least Hiigara was no longer besieged.

[03:58] <Crux|> Dice don't fail me now.
[03:58] <Crux|> .d 1000
[03:58] <+Internets> :: Total 7 / 1000 [0%] :: Results [7] ::
[03:58] <Crux|> fuck you dice.
[03:58] <Crux|> fuck you forever.

As a result of my actions... battlecruisers made an appearance faster than anticipated, and in larger numbers. I had to up my game as well - the fighters were largely upgraded to bombers with an anti-fighter turret. With the addition of Somtaaw technology, two fighters could latch together and work as a corvette, basically functioning as a multi-gun corvette with a very lethal forward-firing weapon. It was surprisingly effective, even if it was difficult to keep up numbers when Vaygr lance fighters started being fielded against them.
>>
>>48140313
>Spoiler
Did you piss off the dice gods or something?
>>
Just about to update the jump list again. Anyone know which of the jumps in the uploads folder are finished so I can add them?

Also, if you know of something missing from the list, let me know and I'll add it. Not just jumps, I haven't read them all so if there's a jump that has warehouse add-ons, free gender swaps, or ways to stay longer or leave sooner lemme know so I can put it on the list too.
>>
>>48140303
bald
>>
File: silverfawn-toyah.jpg (283 KB, 1280x821) Image search: [Google]
silverfawn-toyah.jpg
283 KB, 1280x821
>>48140303
>>
>>48140303
Shapeshifting ftw
>>
>>48140303
Honestly I never really changed it much, so it's still dark auburn as is naturally. In some jumps I lighten it so it goes bright red, though in Harry Potter I changed it constantly mostly to make note that I was a Metamorphmagus. Though in A Song of Ice and Fire it was white, due to going Targaryen.
>>
>>48140303
I change it up occasionally but I like to stick to a nice dark brown/red tone, similar to a dark cherry wood tone.

Or white, if I'm pretending to be an old man.
>>
File: Alice Winters.png (352 KB, 406x732) Image search: [Google]
Alice Winters.png
352 KB, 406x732
>>48140303
Well my hair was brown until Fallen London, where I took the Correspondence Course. So now it's dyed the Closest Neathy Equivalent of brown (Violant (25%) + Viric (13%) + Peligin (63%)), because I couldn't just buy hair dye like a normal person.
>>
>>48140303
White or silver. I normally go with the albino look
>>
>>48140313
I made it my mission thenceforth to deal with Makaan. I knew where he was going - he planned on getting Sajuuk. I knew what he needed - a Progenitor Dreadnaught. And so, when he went to the Karos Graveyard to hunt it down, I was there waiting for him, and Sajuuk's main cannon was charged and ready.

When the phased cannon array removed the engines from the flagship and caused breaches across all decks, it made me feel quite a bit better, and I got the Dreadnaught that Makaan would have gotten as a nice cherry on top.

The Vaygr forces were thrown into disarray with the death of their prophet and the proclamation that Karan S'Jet was the true chosen of Sajuuk - one that she proved when she recovered the true Sajuuk and brought it back to Hiigara. I'd already returned with my two Dreadnaughts and my version of Sajuuk, because I knew that the Vaygr would at least try to deny victory to her as well.

It turns out that three phased cannon arrays from Dreadnaughts and two main cannons from the Sajuuk(s) were EXTREMELY effective against the Planet Killers, and there was firepower to spare to deal with the fleet, as I had invited the Kadeshi to Hiigara (with the Hiigarans' blessing, of course - there was an open invitation and some had visited over the years). They were there to bear witness to the birth of the Age of S'jet; I left with three Dreadnaughts in total, my carrier, and my modified copy of Sajuur.

I wished all of the Hiigarans a prosperous and long life, Kadeshi and Kushan alike... and moved on. My time had come. One last trip into hyperspace... and into another universe.

>>48140338
No. Apparently it made for a better story. No anticlimax that fast. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with Sajuuk, I think.
>>
What is the most evil perk?
>>
I cant decide if Leaky Limiter from Mushoku is more important enough to take early or if Softcap from Elona is enough.

Thoughts /JC/?
>>
>>48140303
Silver it is and Silver it will remain unless a Jump necessitates otherwise.
>>
File: Sisters_of_Battle.jpg (90 KB, 620x565) Image search: [Google]
Sisters_of_Battle.jpg
90 KB, 620x565
>>48140303
Well, my favorite hair colour range is the blonde to silver pallet. But I ended up collecting too many companions with that hair style so I thought some contrast was in order.

Jet black.
>>
File: Doctor - Ten Smiles.gif (500 KB, 450x259) Image search: [Google]
Doctor - Ten Smiles.gif
500 KB, 450x259
>>48140397
Noice!
>>
>>48140403
There's one in 8bit theater that permanently reduces the amount of love in the universe whenever you use it.

>>48140435
I'd say Leaky Limiter if you really need the powerboost and have time to blow up mountains for practice. Attribute from skyrim allows you to level health, stamina, or magicka without diminishing returns unlike softcap, so thats also an option if you don't want to do Mushoku early.
>>
>>48140493
Thanks. I think this is the most I've actually written on a jump thus far.
>>
>>48140403
I'll throw in a few.
Scar Dead (Medaka Box): No use for it that doesn't involve being a dick.
Embodiment of Evil (God of War): Being the embodiment of a sin is pretty fucking evil.
Power...I need more POWER! (Devil Survivor): Incentivizes being evil. Because some people really need that.
Load State 1 (Murdertale): Requires you to murder a world to use it.
Forgot My Cell Phone (Worm): Not taking it makes you an asshole, taking it without being able to stop the plot might mean being implicit in the deaths of countless people.
Drop In Perk Tree (Valkyrie Profile): Run on being more than a bit awful.
>>
>>48140303
I turned it a nice blonde, up until... Rosario. Where I was a vampire, plus some other options along the line that involved white hair. I put it under a self-imposed limiter, though... Mostly because of Hellsing, rather than Rosario, funnily enough.

Besides, there's a great appeal to seeing people's reactions as all my tails turn silver and I invoke:

"Releasing restraints until such a time until the target is rendered SILENT."
>>
File: Bill hair.jpg (90 KB, 768x922) Image search: [Google]
Bill hair.jpg
90 KB, 768x922
>>48140303
Why would I use something as stupid as 'hair'?
>>
>>48140303
I tend to stick with my natural strawberry blond hair, it's one of my better features, but I change it depending on my mood or setting.

I had an electric cyan color in Harry Potter that went on for a while.
>>
>>48140403
There is also an entire tree of pure evil in Actraiser. You can distill and make people drink pure liquid corruption, and you get a very nice mansion that runs off and improves itself based on the amount of souls you consigned to eternal torment by tossing them into the basement.
>>
File: evilest.gif (391 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
evilest.gif
391 KB, 500x362
>>48140602
>>
File: Tyrantrum.full.1597141.jpg (383 KB, 700x864) Image search: [Google]
Tyrantrum.full.1597141.jpg
383 KB, 700x864
>>48140303
>hair

Don't have any in most forms. The ones that do, I use my Crazy Hair from Yu-Gi-Oh to have pic related color scheme on it.
>>
>>48140633
Why thank you, I didn't make the jump, but thank you anyway.
Things with their own internal hell dimension are great aren't they?
You should jump it. Come on, you know you want to.
What's the eternal torment of a few hundred thousand souls compared to your own comfort and entertainment?
Absolutely nothing, so get to it. Those Succubi groupies are just waiting for the invite to your sweet demonic bachelor pad you know.
You wouldn't want to let them down would you?
>>
File: smile.jpg (13 KB, 236x200) Image search: [Google]
smile.jpg
13 KB, 236x200
>just noticed X-Men Movies got updated a few threads back
>apparently the update's not finished yet

Huh. Not sure whether to update build or not. Changes look pretty sound, though.

Also if you're out there CCDT, question about Age of Mythology: If you purchase the Omniscience technology (not to be confused with actual omniscience) how does it work after the jump?

>>48140303
I used to be bald, and then I stopped because reasons.

Anyway, it's black now. Vantablack, to be specific. No, I didn't do anything else exciting with it before my journey and I don't see the point of doing anything exciting with it after all these aeons. Except briefly going through a blonde phase back when I briefly identified as Russian.

Sometimes my hair is tentacles, though.

>>48140403
Well, in absolute terms Embodiment of Evil from God of War. Or maybe Titan's Blood, for facilitating you becoming said embodiment of evil. Though the Drop-In perk tree from Valkyrie Profile deserves an honorable mention for being all about committing atrocities in exchange for learning special attacks and making your weapons more powerful.
>>
>>48140705
Already jumped it, actually. Didn't buy that. My build may still be in one of the archived threads, since I've made a point of posting every build I make.
>>
Ben 10 jump will be out in the next two or three days (that's a Paradox Promise). It's not going to have images yet and I'll be adding more aliens sometime in the future, but otherwise it's basically done besides from some proofreading and editing.
>>
>>48140886
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must ask in advance if there is an alien option and I can just be ripjaws without care for the omnitrix?
>>
>>48140886
>It's not going to have images yet and I'll be adding more aliens sometime in the future, but otherwise it's basically done besides from some proofreading and editing.

I am going to be so disappointed and angry if something happens to you and this doesn't happen, the Ben 10 jump has been in development hell for the longest time of any jump I can remember. I think I first remember hearing about it around thread 130!
>>
>>48140928
You can purchase aliens, although they are kind of expensive unless you go Plumber. Ripjaws is one of the ones I wrote up for the first release. I wasn't able to do as many aliens as I like though. I have like 5 saved on my broken computer, so if that ever gets fixed those are definitely going on it.

>>48140972
You're probably right. I believe I started it in September-November of 2014. I don't know why it was so hard for me to do. I got Soul Hackers done in like a month and Farscape done in like 3 months. I am not a quick worker.

If I do another jump I'm going to do something less ambitious. A problem with Farscape and Ben 10 is I have trouble writing up multiple species. I think Ben 10's biggest problem is a asked what people wanted which caused background bloat (I'm looking at you Forever Knights). That and way too many items. I hate writing items.
>>
>>48141039
Oh I feel you on that last one,can we get a new WIP?
>>
>>48141039
Alright, well then. Will aliens count as alt-forms? or separate like the morphs in animorphs?
>>
File: boxing.png (574 KB, 712x1000) Image search: [Google]
boxing.png
574 KB, 712x1000
>>48140303
Blue and black and yellow most of the time, but I just go blue and black when in most human forms.
>>
>>48141039
>I hate writing items.
As a jump maker, I agree. Honestly if I had someone else write up the items of the jumps I have made and they only took so long on it as I did the perks I would have finished them so much faster.
>>
File: cocky banchô-Anon.jpg (51 KB, 853x380) Image search: [Google]
cocky banchô-Anon.jpg
51 KB, 853x380
>>48140303
my hair color is #FFFFFF (255,255,255)
>>
>>48141086
Muscle girls is the best fetish.
>>
>>48141101
Just don't put items in, it's not like it's an official rule or anything.
>>
>>48141119
This is a bad idea but how bad an idea it is depends on the setting and how absolute it is. Imagine if you weren't able to pay CP for pokeballs.
>>
>>48141145
I don't see any problem like that. It's not like pokeballs are rare or anything.
>>
>>48141058
Sorry, but it's close enough to done that I rather just wait. There's one adjustment I need to make an addition to a certain drawback and add the secret bonus. The secret bonus is weird, but there is a hint for those who don't want to cheat (who am I kidding, everyone will cheat).

>>48141075
Alt-forms. Aliens in the Omnitrix are more like Animorphs though. As a heads up, the mutations from absorbing energy from living creatures with Osmosian do not count as an alt-form because it's the passive use of a power.
>>
>>48141119
Eh only one I might have done that with was Claymore, and I did half ass that with only 8 items. Honestly the thing that took the longest with Claymore though was that I wanted to reread the series several times over before I really started to work on it. Then I took as long as I did to make it in just holding onto a complete jump waiting for a chance to post it when I would be around to read feedback. Though in making Akame ga Kill it was actually the perks that took the most time, but the items were still a pain in the ass, though that is not counting the customization section which kind of counts as items but it was easier to come up with than perks.
>>
>>48141157
Fine.

Imagine if you weren't able to buy a Gundam/Evangelion/Zoid in Gundam/Evangelion/Zoid.
>>
>>48141185
Oh, it's you! Long time no see. By the way, are you working on anything at the moment?
>>
>>48141186
That's completely different, those settings are entirely based around items (giant robots)
>>
>>48138492
HYEEEEES
>>
>>48141200
I was working on Escaflowne, but I lost my focus for it even if it's at like 85%, though really it's a pain in the ass to balance that because of huge power disparity between things throughout. I have since started on Vampire Knight, because I don't know really, alright fine being a vampire princess is disturbingly appealing to me. Also I am almost always in thread, just as I am anon it's not often that I show up.
>>
File: Too bad.png (47 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
Too bad.png
47 KB, 1000x1200
For VA-11 Hall-a I've got 4 backgrounds

Drop-in, which will focus of the bar tending aspect
Digital Security, which will make you a professional hacker with some hacktivision on the side
Lilim, which will make you a robot with perks focusing on body upgrades like a singing voice and raw number crunching
and the tentatively named "investigations" which is a bit of a hybrid between investigative journalism and private eye as I see most of the skills involved in those professions crossing over.

I'm thinking about adding in a White Knight perk tree that will be built around combat medicine but it doesn't fit on the slide

What do you think about these options /jc/?
>>
>>48141202
Which is my point. There are some settings where items are more prominent like Bayonetta or Lord of Light, and some where they're less prominent like West Wing or One Punch Man. Either way "don't include items at all" strikes me as bad advice when you don't even know what jump's being worked on because there's seldom any settings that represetned at least a little better with some items available than without.
>>
>>48141228
That's a shame, but I understand. What's Vampire Knight about?
>>
>>48141119
Items are often an important part of a jump. I consider writing them a necessary evil. Depending on the jump I might not add them or at least not very many of them.
>>
>>48141249
It about the white haired pretty boy I liked soooo much getting shafted even though it was later retconned..... i'm still a little salty
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 736x907) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 736x907
A thing:

It makes me sad.
>>
>>48141108
Man, when I started jumping I had hopes of getting a muscle girl waifu. But now I've gotten so strong now that there will never be a muscle girl strong enough to pin me to a wall and force me to tenderly hold her hand.
>>
>>48141264
There's dentistry in 40k?
>>
>>48141228
>but I lost my focus for it even if it's at like 85%, though really it's a pain in the ass to balance that because of huge power disparity between things throughout.
That was a huge problem in writing Ben 10 jump as well. I suspect the aliens are probably going to need to be recosted to balance them against each other afterwords, but no one has had a problem with them yet.
>>
RWBY's Ahab special. It fires harpoons right? Is it also an achor? From sound of it, there's no melee weapon configuration.
>>
>>48141249
It's Japanese Twilight. Set in a school where the day class students are all human, and unbeknownst to them the night class students are all vampires, and all completely gorgeous. Main character has two different guys she is into, both vampires, one is her brother(not really her brother turns out he is secretly her ancestor and one of the first vampires), other is her adopted brother who is secretly a vampire that we find out about in chapter 3 I think. It is incredibly stupid, though despite the power disparity in it between pureblood vampires and basically everything else I think I can manage it. Though I think that by the end of this jump there is a chance I will have more appearance buffs in this jump than I put in Akame ga Kill, both by number and cp cost.
>>
>>48141230
You know I was planning on getting this game but All I heard about it that it's basically a VN and the drink mixing doesn't do much.
>>
>>48141257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxqm6htwcwk
>>
>>48139023
If you've written it in pastebin/gogole docs or any other thing like that I'd like to read it.
>>
>>48141267
You know you would most likely get amazons to come after you because you are strong but I feel sorry for you anon.
>>
>>48141291
>Japanese Twilight

MEIN GOTT

I'm totally going to be whatever the closest to the Japanese Bella background is, except male
>>
>>48141298
I read it back in highschool and I got really attached to a character named zero who in the manga loses the girl and degenerates into a zombie, in the anime he got better somehow
>>
>>48141308
>You know you would most likely get amazons to come after you because you are strong

That seems like getting all the alcohol you could want but being immune to it.
...which I am.
>>
>>48141267
You know what jumps would most likely have amazonian girls in it? I know DC, Dragon's crown and Marvel has some.
>>
>>48141323
>Ever being immune to alcohol
That just ruins the fun of getting drunk.
Why would you do that to yourself?
>>
>>48141312
Honestly I'm basing the drop in tree on her. It fits the best with her having amnesia, and by amnesia I mean her secretly being a pureblood vampire all along, with just having been sealed as a human by her mother.
>>
>>48141297
It's not for everyone but if it's your thing then you'll enjoy it. It establishes atmosphere quite well and the characters are nice.

The bar tending is actually quite well done, it's not majorly complicated but in order to get the most tips you need to remember what drinks certain customers like, and more than that it asks you to remember that shit for likeable characters. More than tips you actually cheer them up by coming through with the right drink.

And the guy who made it was clearly from our neck of the woods so it's got references but it's not memes.
>>
>>48141315
He was just in a coma because of losing in a children's card game
>>
>>48141337
Some people aren't degenerates who constantly feel the need to poison themselves.
>>
>>48141345
Well damn I was expecting something similar to Papers please. Oh well.
Might get it the next summer sale or whatever but for now doesn't seem interesting enough.
>>
>>48141315
He's actually the one that ends up with her in the manga, though she loses her virginity to her ancestor, and has a kid with each of them. Apparently the kids and Kaname have a series of their own going on now, though I haven't read it yet.
>>
>>48141352
And some people aren't puritans who can't have fun to save their life. Funny old world, really.
>>
>>48141291
>I will have more appearance buffs in this jump than I put in Akame ga Kill, both by number and cp cost.

Somewhere in the world, Red is squealing like a little girl.

>>48141315
Thank you for clarifying.

>>48141337
I didn't want any glaring weaknesses so I grabbed every poison immunity perk I could get.

I might have overdid it.
>>
>>48141361
It works similar if you break down the mechanics, messing up drinks and purchasing stuff after hours affects the story a little bit.

It's not as branching as papers please though which I did find disappointing.
>>
>>48141370
>200% more incest

Sasuga Japanese Twilight
>>
>>48141267
Not being able to keep your friends and family at around the same power level as me is one of my greatest pains. I try and deal with it by specializing them at certain things.

I plan to make my waifu a Servant once I hit Fate and pump all my choice points into her. That should let her keep up with me for a good while when I hit that level of power. I suspect she'll be stronger than me for a couple of jumps afterwards. I'm going to also give her a Noble Phantasm named Gemina: Daughter of Janus to let her split into Jeanette and Therese. Also, almost everyone is getting a Rinnegan or a Bijuu if I import them into Naruto jump and can swing the points.
>>
>>48141108
The lucario is not for sexual, anon.
>>
>>48141390
Everything is for sexual if you are brave enough
>>
>>48141298
>>48141370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r6fx_Yf60Y

WTF japan.
>>
>>48141375
Balance Bangle. You now have a drinking bracelet.
>>
>>48141390
Lucario is for sexual. Why do you think /vp/ exists?
>>
>>48141371
I don't like alcohol, but weed is pretty good. I think I can still smoke weed at the moment.
>>
>>48140358
PSG is definitely done
>>
>>48141431
It said it was 0.9 or something when I last saw it posted.
>>
>>48141431
The Jumpmaker's working on an update to replace Archetype with a perk based on sins/virtues
>>
>>48141264
fat face
>>
>>48141230
Sounds good, will there be a drawback where you keep getting stuck in stuff?

A buyable alcohol collection?

Maybe a kotatsu?
>>
Why is Cultist Chan best waifu?

And how immoral would it be to create her through science, "convince" various Chaos worshippers to raise her, and then waifu her?
>>
>>48141489
Sounds Chaotic.
>>
>>48141230
Im not sure what this is but a bar tending perk tree is a dream come true.
>>
>>48141371
Hey am I seriously the only one who used his servant's EX item Creation to have them develop conceptually intoxicating beverages?
>>
File: Fallout-shelter-burning.jpg (142 KB, 1024x1023) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-shelter-burning.jpg
142 KB, 1024x1023
>>48141489
We plan on getting ahold of some ork spores and make them grow green amazon ladies instead of regular orks so not to bad.
>>
>>48141503
Who was your servant? Hunter S. Thompson? or F.Scott Fitzgerald? Literary humor! haha!
>>
>>48141230
I want a big bad touch. Why are you laughing?
>>
File: Lewd.gif (254 KB, 236x199) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.gif
254 KB, 236x199
>>48141387
>I plan to make my waifu a Servant once I hit Fate and pump all my choice points into her.

See gif
>>
>>48141489
>Cultist Chan best waifu
>Not Hex Maniac.
Your waifu is shit son.
>>
File: Cultist-chan17.jpg (123 KB, 750x978) Image search: [Google]
Cultist-chan17.jpg
123 KB, 750x978
>>48141534
Hex maniac has no depth or background.
>>
File: PURGE TIME.jpg (60 KB, 613x599) Image search: [Google]
PURGE TIME.jpg
60 KB, 613x599
>>48141489
>Why is Cultist Chan best waifu?
Sounds like Heresy to me anon. Heresy and shit taste.

>>48141485
>will there be a drawback where you keep getting stuck in stuff?
I'm um... not following.

The drawbacks I've considered so far are "Studies suggest that 2/3 customers are shit" speaks for itself, "Just above the poverty line", no matter how much you earn your next set of bills will be difficult for your to pay off, "Broken Window Policy" the white knights have a protection racket going on and you've ticked them off, "Dangerio/u/s" the in universes version of 4chan knows about you and will scathingly critique your actions and performance.

What's this about getting stuck?

>A buyable alcohol collection?

Why would there be such a thing? No, I'm just a shitty jump maker that doesn't like fun, especially badwrong fun :^)

There will be an item that gives you a replenishing supply of the ingredients that can weirdly be used to make almost any drink.

>Maybe a kotatsu?

No! The Jump is already going to be mad comfy as it is! Any more and you'll all become slovenly puddles in your chairs!

>>48141501

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS0VQOHX7lM

>>48141523
kek
I really want to try a piano man
>>
>>48140303
Potterverse Metamorph, it is whatever the fuck I want it to be.
>>
>>48141518
no Hunter would have EX Independent Action Or executioner,and F Scott Fitzgerald would have some Overblown EX reality marble where you get hit with the Plaza Hotel or something. the Noble phantasms are the awesome thing so I went with Leonardo da Vinci back when he wasn't a Cannon servant and picked up EX item creation so that he could just make more later.
>>
>>48141597
Did you know that there was only one Sister of Battle that decided to go to the winning side of Chaos and became champion of Slaneesh?
>>
>>48141597
The boss constantly gets stuck in sruff. A tv, a wall, a helmet. It happens all the time.
>>
>>48141328
Ranma one half. Also Sailor Moon, if you could somehow waifu Makoto.

Have fun!
>>
>>48141489
It's possible to get her in a jump already.
>>
File: 1467565811918.gif (900 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1467565811918.gif
900 KB, 500x333
>>48139023
It's not just you. I write at least several pages per Jump. That's why I'm pretty slow at posting builds and the like.

Spice and Wolf is taking me a while. I think I'm getting a little carried away. But it's pretty good character development, I think.

>>48140303
I usually keep my natural color, but on special occasions I like to get a little wild. Borderlands was a great example. Red, white, and blue spike mohawk. Fun times.
>>
File: kuroglare.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
kuroglare.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>48141489
But she isn't. Cosmic Fire is.

...was.

I.

I need a moment.
>>
>>48141640
>Makoto
You sure that is amazonian and not just being a tomboy?
>>
File: 1459329334300.jpg (294 KB, 612x782) Image search: [Google]
1459329334300.jpg
294 KB, 612x782
>>48141639
Oh yeah

>>48141632
Slaneesh still isn't the winning side.
Entropy is the inevitable fate of the universe, which is Nurgle.

Besides, it might be the losing side, I'm not convinced it's the wrong side.
>>
>>48141652
You mean Badwrongfun path of LoT?

No thank you. Not powerful enough for that shit
>>
>>48141661
Ctarl-ctarls a cute. They are for lewd
>>
>>48141669
Yes and no, it's more based on what you were looking for.

She's pretty tall, the only Senshi taller is Haruka, she was pretty strong before her Senshi side was made known and it only made her stronger (to give you an idea of scale, the Senshi can jump into the stratosphere, Jupiter is physically the strongest of them).

And she's degenerate enough to care about hand-holding.You freak
>>
>>48141328
Magi has a race of super stronk redheads. As half of them are females, that'd be another one for the list.

Fanalis, man, they're no joke.
>>
>>48141710
Ah! Forgot about them!
>>
>>48141710
Too bad they're actually horrible raptor dog furries under a glamour caused by the metaphysics of the new continent only being for humans.
>>
>>48141264
>got a serious surgery and a nice orthodontics

It's a ruse. She still can't speak properly and she's trying to seduce you.
>>
>>48141790
Outta kuruso pics right now but cats could you please answer >>48140732?
>>
>>48141790
Hey cool cats, for the Monster Lord perk in Skyrim can we instead choose to become a werebear since they're also in Skyrim?
>>
File: I see what you did there.png (5 KB, 69x69) Image search: [Google]
I see what you did there.png
5 KB, 69x69
>>48140732
>If you purchase the Omniscience technology (not to be confused with actual omniscience) how does it work after the jump?

Probably doesn't.

It's not really technology exactly even though it's sold as such due to it being shoved into an Age of Empires format. At a guess the actual mechanic of it for the purposes of the jump would be donating several tonnes of gold (or more or less depending on how many enemies you've got) to the gods in the temple.

Without any gods or it getting purchased with jumpchain fiat it wouldn't work. I am planning to expand Age of Mythology and would have done so a while ago if I hadn't kept getting distracted. It's a big update planned as well so it may take a while, hopefully there'll be some sort of mechanic for this sort of thing.
>>
File: Werewolfskilltreedawnguard.png (263 KB, 649x396) Image search: [Google]
Werewolfskilltreedawnguard.png
263 KB, 649x396
>>48141905
Sure but in terms of skills granted we'd be talking about basically the same ones as the werewolf tree.
>>
>>48141905
>>48141916
Same basic physical abilities as well obviously.
>>
File: ayep.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
ayep.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>48141906
Duly noted, thanks. And sorry if I gave off that impression; I do know the AoM upgrades are usually mysticism but they're just called "technologies" within the game's context.

Also this was way back but-I don't recall if I ever told you about my attempt to become a Titan, just like how Arkantos was rewarded with godhood for his services? I figure I should check if I can do that now. It was before I regularly wrote up combos in pastebins but I recall there was a plan A (use nanomachines to build town centers absolutely EVERYWHERE to promote their dominance over the Earth, covertly demolish Olympus with fusion detonators and open some portals to Tartarus in order to free Kronos).

And a plan B that amounted to becoming a Titan Shifter using some HP potions expertise, Tsukihime's Artificer (to convert the Strange Notes tech from Pacific Rim into a Mystic Code), the Eye/Staff of Magnus, the Research Notes from Geneforge (based on some extrapolated knowledge from the Spirit line as laid out in BoredTears' suggestions: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/38347184/#38349119), Mage/Smelter from Blazblue to manipulate some Titanic samples using the Seithr Fluid Body Theory to create something similar to Arakune's procedure and the Simple/Advanced Formulae from FMA to create a transmutative circle centered around myself.
>>
I'd like to see a The General Series by David Drake Jump made as it has been a facinating read but I'm only a little ways into the second book and also a shitty jump maker. Would anyone else like this or am I alone?
>>
>>48140303
Mostly I stick with Black & Green, though I change it whenever I feel like.

Dying it is too much trouble, metamorphing/shapeshifting is much easier.
>>
>>48142117
Never heard of it.
>>
>>48142049
I have no idea what some of that stuff is but I can't really see why it would be any easier to become a titan here than it would to become a god anywhere else.

Plus I think the fact that you can only build settlements in certain places in the game is basically representative of the general human population in that area. Making Town Centers all over the place wouldn't really help unless you could populate them as well. As a real world it's probably not going to work exactly as the game.

Only part I fully understand is the Staff/Eye of Magnus and I'm pretty sure that would help at all. It ain't really magic.
>>
>>48142172
Should have been "wouldn't help" rather than "would".
>>
Why is odd hair color so expensive in BodyMod?
>>
>>48142150
The first five books are set on the planet Bellevue, previously part of a high-technology galactic civilization. Interplanetary civilization collapsed during "The Fall", when extensive civil war greatly reduced the planet's technology level. Technology has redeveloped only slowly: the most advanced groups have reached the level of double-expansion steam engines, wrapped-brass-cartridges breech-loading rifles (Martini-Henry lock or very similar) and lever-action carbines, cast-steel breech-loading cannon, simple revolvers, etc. Progress is slow: the breech-loading rifle design has not changed for over two hundred years, and other groups still use flintlock or percussion cap weapons.

The concept of computer technology has become the basis of religion throughout the world. This religion is split into two competing sects: The Spirit of Man of the Stars, the state religion of the Civil Government, and Spirit of Man of This Earth, which is more popular among the barbarian Military Governments. The people of Bellevue speak various evolved dialects, including Sponglish, Spanjol, Namerique and Paytoiz, with elements of English, French and Spanish apparent. At the time of the Fall the planet had no horses, so now cavalry is mounted on thousand-pound dogs of various breeds.

The books begin in the Year of the Fall 1103, when the protagonist Raj Whitehall and his friend Thom Poplanich stumble on a still-working remnant of the old technology, the quantum supercomputer "Center", which Raj and Thom regard as an angel. Center describes itself as a "sentient artificial entity of photonic subsystems tasked with the politico-military supervision" of Bellevue. Center tasks Whitehall with uniting Bellevue and provides him, through a constant mental link, with predictive visions that simulate probable situational outcomes, historical data, eidetic memory, and minor enhancements to physical abilities including accuracy with firearms.
>>
>>48142232
Because Quicksilver is based and punishes animefags for being stupid idiots.
>>
File: contemplative.png (254 KB, 610x520) Image search: [Google]
contemplative.png
254 KB, 610x520
>>48142172
I admit it's sometimes hard to tell what's supposed to be gameplay elements and what's supposed to be real going-ons, but I was also thinking of bringing advanced technology to the table in the form of robotics and plasmids and atmospheric flight (and uh, plumbing and electriity for that matter) to really improve the quality of life for my citizens in order to achieve a population boom, in addition to convincing defeated settlements to ally with me. Well, that and all the pro-Titan (and also objectively correct) propaganda about how awesome the Golden Age will be compared to living in fear of Zeus' family feuds.

(I know, I know-it was a different time)

As for the becoming a Titan thing-it's because AoM follows the mythological legends fairly closely, with some canonical demigods like Hercules running around indicating divine ancestry is in effect-not to mention the Son of Osiris miracle and Prometheus having been born mortal according to his in-game description indicating transitions between god and mortal are in effect. Since Arkantos was ascended by Athena, and Kronos is her grandad, I figured that doing great service in the Titans' name might let me request a similar reward-especially after telling them about my ideas for mystic Faraday cages.

As for the Eye and the Staff-I was thinking of using it as a sort of mystic energy for the process to stabilise and reinforce my Titanic form during the other mystic processes, given someone who tapped into it rendered himself invincible to in-game attacks as long as he used the Staff to maintain a conduit of energy from the Eye to him. Titanhood ain't really magic after all, and the crafting Mystic Code involves the manipulation/imbuing of concepts through magic.
>>
>>48142232
BodyMod is /weird/ about pricing.
>>
>>48142247
Huh, sounds pretty damn interesting. Though it also sounds like it falls a little out of reach for my jumpmaking skills, sorry.
>>
>>48142280
Ah well maybe some will pick it up if the interest is there. I'd still recommend it though, good stuff.
>>
>>48142247
Ooh. I've heard of that, though I've only read the ongoing LOTR crossover fanfic Saruman Of Many Devices, where Saruman accidentally connects to Central through a damaged Palantir before he can be fully indoctrinated by Sauron, and the Gunpowder Age comes thirty thousand years early to Middle Earth.
>>
>>48142377
Cool I'll look into it. The General series is fast becoming my new favorite Sci-Fi, but LOTR will always be a nice tour of an old favorite.
>>
File: the incredibles.jpg (276 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
the incredibles.jpg
276 KB, 1440x900
So, Incredibles anon here. Finally got a bit of inspiration/motivation, and started getting some work done on the jump again.

Items are giving me a bit of a problem though. Anything people would like to see? (Aside from the practically mandatory Super Suit?)
>>
>>48142486
Syndromes gadgets like the jet boots or telekinesis rays? Plans to build that robot if not the robot itself? Private jet? Replenishing stock of mimosa? Caravan maybe? Some of those flying buzzsaw hovercraft? Maybe even a whole secret villain base/island for a whole bunch of cp?
>>
>>48142486
What >>48142524 says and perhaps a very advanced adaptive learning AI, or at least syndromes notes on how to make them.
>>
>>48142486
Robots and general gadgets (I liked that cannon thing that shot sticky black blobs). Maybe some sort of volcano/desert island/house/lab/paramilitary complex option.

There's a slight issue if there's a tech based origin as most of the items in the film that are worth getting are gadgets made by one guy.
>>
>>48142486
I want a cape.

I don't really care how you do it. It can be a super cheap item with a list of warnings, or a special cape that magically never gets caught on things or in the way, or even just a drawback that says, "You always wear a cape and it is a huge hassle."

I just want to wear a cape in the Incredibles despite being specifically told not to.
>>
>>48142524
Obligatory request for hammy acting and appearance perks.
>>
>>48142486
Basically all I want out of an Incredibles jump is the ability to take a drawback like When Everyone is Super, No One Will Be where we're restricted to our perk/power/items/etc of the Jump and everyone is super. I mean everyone.
>>
>>48142486
A strangely sturdy RV, complete with surveillance equipment. I mean I probably won't buy it, or any other items, but the RV does stick out in my mind as one of the more memorable things.
>>
>>48142486
A cape that defies all attempts to involve it in the death of its wearer.

Stylish classic automobile with built in crimefighting computer, automatic suit-changer, autopilot, turbo-sports-car-mode and unwanted sidekick ejector.

Flying buzzsaw hovercraft.

Secret island base (optional volcano).

Zero-point tractor-beam glove.

Remote controlled surveillance drone.

Remote controlled death bot.

VTOL jet that conveniently turns up to fly you wherever you want in first-class luxury.
>>
>>48142486
giant mole machine, Omni droid, superhero restraining devices
>>
>>48142596
>VTOL jet that conveniently turns up to fly you wherever you want in first-class luxury.
(counter-missile defences sold separately)
>>
>>48141740
>glamour
>not de-evolution caused by the New World's metaphysics until they return to the Dark Continent

They stay badass redheads post-jump son.
>>
>>48142232
Because it's a shit supplement made by a shit individual.
>>
>>48142524
Seconded. Those are all good ideas.

>>48142486
I'd like to request a man cave Warehouse add-on.
>>
>>48142640
>>48142249 detected
>>
>>48142524
>>48142540
All done. Though those seems to mostly fit the villain/Syndrome origin.

Should I split up the robot/ai/plans into pieces (so you could just buy one of them if you like) or just give it as one purchase?

>>48142551
Right, the blob cannons. Those are fun, yeah. Going in.

And yes, that's mostly my issue. Though there's actually three origins with tech capstones. Drop-In, Designer, and Villain. For NSA, Edna, and Syndrome tech respectively.

>>48142559
Sure. Drawback's already in there, but magic never-catches cape can be done too.

>>48142560
Don't worry. It's there.

>>48142581
Huh. Alright, going in. Two different drawbacks with the same general concept then.

>>48142586
Point, can't believe I forgot that.

>>48142596
Sure, all of those going in.

>>48142620
M'kay.

>>48142653
Alright then. Consider it done.
>>
>>48142679
>>Should I split up the robot/ai/plans into pieces (so you could just buy one of them if you like) or just give it as one purchase?

Personally I'd suggest allowing people to buy them separately or aa a package at a slight discount.
>>
>>48142714
Was leaning towards that, especially with people specifically asking for the plans/ai.

So, sure. Sounds good to me.
>>
File: 1467384063403.jpg (152 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1467384063403.jpg
152 KB, 640x720
>>48142727
Woo! I'm helping!
>>
File: The Incredibles 2.png (187 KB, 450x705) Image search: [Google]
The Incredibles 2.png
187 KB, 450x705
>>48142679
A nice little house in a small town/city. Perhaps a phone with the number of a babysitter who can look after almost anything. Last thing I can really think of would be some form of training yard, like the train yard Mr Incredible used. Perhaps have it scale to match your strength/ the setting. Also will you be updating when The Incredibles 2 comes out?
>>
>>48142596
>A cape that defies all attempts to involve it in the death of its wearer.
I'm suddenly imagine using the cape for divination.

>Hmm... All but one of these glasses is poisoned, so I'll throw my cape in the air and drink whichever one it lands on
>I'm hopelessly lost in the desert, so I'll walk in whichever direction my cape blows
>>
>>48142792
My god it's perfect. You're about to go out and your cape gets caught in the door thus saving you later on. You're in the middle of a fight and a random gust of wind comes along and blows your cape into the eyes of the guy who was gonna stab you in the back causing him to stab his teammate.
>>
>>48142792
Er, that's "divine" isn't it? I think he just means a cape that won't kill you by snagging on missiles or getting sucked into plane engines.
>>
>>48141670

Are you sure? I thought the winning side was the Orks. I mean consider what that universe is like. Now consider what the Orks would consider their ideal universe.

Do you see any difference between the two, because I don't?
>>
File: facepalm.png (352 KB, 533x526) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.png
352 KB, 533x526
>>48142792
... gold star, anon.
>>
>>48142777
Ah, yes. Those are all nice. Going in.

And... assuming I'm still here, and /jc/ is still here... Yes. That's three years from now though, so we'll see.

>>48142792
>>48142809
>>48142812
>>48142830
...I'm really tempted to make it actually that good, though it would also be a /really/ expensive.
>>
>>48142837
Stick to something that reflects canon, rather then a joke made in thread. It'll work out better in the end that way.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 71

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.