[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I roleplay /tg/? I've been reading some screencapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
How do I roleplay /tg/?

I've been reading some screencapped stories from this board, and it looks pretty fun, but after looking at some of main roleplay sites that google mustered up, everything that pops up is either abandoned or is some anime cringy shit.

Help a complete noob here? The whole point system and battles in stories really caught my eye and this all just seems plain fun
>>
Roleplay websites are inherently weird, most are set up by weebs and bronies to yell BAKKA at eachother till the sun explodes.

Most of the stories on here are from Table TopRole Playing Games, pen and paper games mostly. They're a bit more interactive so try looking into some different systems? Gonna get flammed for it but check out critcal role, a D&D web series with some pretty good rp.

As for the last part yeh, it is pretty good fun. Try find some friends that play RPG's, try get some into it or just jump into it online/in a flgs.
>>
>>48120993
Where would I go about finding some of these pen and paper games? Are they like online or do I need to buy actual board games? Is pen and paper all I need to play them? Sorry for the interrogation but I am pretty new to this stuff hehe.
>>
>>48120875
If you're going to try and get into an online roleplaying COMMUNITY, I'd recommend against it.

Spoony was completely correct when he said that those are pretty much run by an inner circle of friends, and if you're not in that inner-circle, you'll get fucked over hard.

Years ago, I had a similar experience where some fuck head kicked me out of a Star Wars RP community on steam because I called one of his friends an idiot after a huge, annoying, argument where we introduced our faction and this kid didn't like it even though we were approved by the head admin of the community, so he talked behind our backs and used his stupid little "rp character" to permanently disable our faction. So, I did the reasonable thing (seeing as the idiot over-looked the fact that I was an admin on around 4 of the Star Wars RP groups) and posted the argument chat-log as an announcement in all the groups I was admin of, called out the head admin for abusing and exploiting his position to make his friend feel better, and generally tore down the community as a whole.

It died about a month later.

-----

My tip to you, use the game-finder threads on /tg/ so you don't have to go through the hassle of being pigeon-holed because a bunch of egotistical losers don't like their power fantasies being interrupted.
>>
>>48120875
What kind of story interests you Anon?
>>
File: 1261172828214.jpg (151 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
1261172828214.jpg
151 KB, 800x521
>>48120875

Since you seem to be asking "How do I get into roleplaying games," I will answer that question.

In short, find a community of people who are interested in having you play with them. People often advertise games you can join online on roll20, mythweaver, or here on /tg/. Depending on where you live, your friendly local game store (FLGS) may have a decently popular p&p scene that you get into.

In order to play, you'll have to be willing to familiarize yourself with the game system the gamemaster is using for his game, socialize with people who will likely be total strangers, and get over the initial awkwardness that is playing pretend with some impromptu acting in the name of answering what you'd do in response to hypothetical situations, which is all roleplaying games really are.

https://youtu.be/gH4z1vmubpY

Also, that may be helpful.
>>
>>48121185
Well Im a big supernatural and superhero fan, I like pretty much anything with a fantasy or Sci-Fi scenarios. Basically universes where there are mythical creatures, magic and superpowers.
>>
>>48121244
Very helpful, much apreciated it!
>>
>>48121281
>supernatural
call of Cthulu, World of darknes

>superhero fan,
Mutants & Masterminds

>I like pretty much anything with a fantasy
D&D, Pathfinder

>or Sci-Fi scenarios.
Traveller, 40KRPG, Stars Without Number

>Basically universes where there are mythical creatures, magic and superpowers.
There are lots of shit like that here.
>>
>How do I roleplay /tg/?
Loudly voice your opinions on topics you have scarce knowledge about. Recommend GURPS to everyone regardless of the kind of campaign they run. Also cry magical realm at any RPG plot concept you don't like.
>>
File: 1467695132456.png (159 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1467695132456.png
159 KB, 300x300
>>48120875
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.