[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am going to be playind D&D for my first time this week.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nlwaeeJf0D1qc21tao1_500.jpg (87 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlwaeeJf0D1qc21tao1_500.jpg
87 KB, 500x372
I am going to be playind D&D for my first time this week.

What should I know?

What are some warning signs that the game is going south?

One of my friends insists that his character is a 13 year old, chinese, bisexual samurai girl. Should that be permitted?
>>
Are you GM or player?
What edition?
How many people are in group?
>>
>>48091539
If everyone is fine with his character being a 13 year old bisexual samurai girl, then there's nothing wrong with it. The only real rule is "if everyone is having fun with it, then it's 100% fine".
>>
>>48091539
>One of my friends insists that his character is a 13 year old, chinese, bisexual samurai girl. Should that be permitted?

If you're not the GM, that's not your call. If you are the GM, the fact that you're posting with that image and feel the need to call this out says you probably don't want it in your game, so you ought to work that out with him like an adult instead of bitching to /tg/. Also depends on edition. 4E would make that character pretty viable and possibly even interesting, for example.
>>
>>48091572
>>48091572
>>48091602

I am a player, and not the GM. All players except the GM will be brand new to D&D, and we're super excited!

There will be five players + the DM

I just feel like the fact that he's already picking a sort of weeabo character is a sign of impending doom, but I wanted to ask since I don't know much about the game.

I thought characters were meant to be more along the lines of Clerics, Dwarves, Elf rogues etc, not bisexual children

What edition would be good for beginners to play?
>>
>>48091668
Beginners? 5e. Simpler than 3.5, not as boring as 4e.
>>
>>48091668
Those are just the classes, a lawful human paladin can be anything from your standard knight in armor to fucking DOOM guy. DnD is a Role Playing game, nothing particular forces you to be generic fighter, paladin, cleric and so on. If he can play the character well and everyone enjoys it, as in he's not this horribly out of place weaboo piece of trash, then there's nothing wrong with his choice. If he ends up playing a weaboo piece of trash that's ruining a game, talk to him and tell him he's annoying the rest of the group (assuming he is).Also 5E is very good for new players to get started with.
>>
>>48091828

I didn't know that we can customize characters to that extent, thank you for the advice
>>
File: YallN1ggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg (18 KB, 240x249) Image search: [Google]
YallN1ggazPostinInATrollThread.jpg
18 KB, 240x249
Obvious bait thread, 0/10.
>>
>>48091613
>chinese, bisexual samurai girl.
He's playing Coleen Wing?
>>
>>48091842
Yeah man, the class is just a set of guidelines that determines abilities. How you play it is up to you. My current paladin is a 5 ft tall woman who has temper issues and throws people around like ragdolls. Just play a character any you want as long as you have fun doing what you do.
>>
>>48091859
Poe's law
>>
>>48091886
Perhaps, but ironic shitposting is just shitposting.
>>
>>48091866
kek
>>
>>48091690
>not as boring as 4e

As long as you are playing a full caster and you compare it to essentials anyway.
>>
>>48091539
>What are some warning signs that the game is going south?

Well, for starters:

>One of my friends insists that his character is a 13 year old, chinese, bisexual samurai girl.

Derail or bail.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.