[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /tg/ I'm looking to buy/build my first magic deck, are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: PAS OP! GEVAAR! NIET OPENEN!.jpg (64 KB, 486x365) Image search: [Google]
PAS OP! GEVAAR! NIET OPENEN!.jpg
64 KB, 486x365
sup /tg/
I'm looking to buy/build my first magic deck, are those intro packs any good?
>>
>>43819970
they can be pretty good as a base but they will need some work there perfectly fine to play with out of the box at first though.

in fact I still use them as a basis for my decks sometimes
>>
>>43819970
No.

Also don't start if you're not prepared for:
-hyper-competitive jackasses with a twisted sense of 'having a fun time';
-Spending 300+ on a competitive deck found on Internet and having to adapt it or scrap it and start another one entirely every other month to remain competitive, or otherwise, losing miserably every game;
-People of age 30+ who will gladly strip children of their best cards in exchange for some flashy shit;
And so on.

If you don't want to keep up with such stuff and don't have a group that plays non-competitive games for actual fun (in which case intro pack are as fine as anything else if you like the flavor), MTG might not be the game for you.
>>
>>43820137
i was also thinking of buying the deck builders toolkit., but i think thats better to play with a balanced deck instead of builidng one from scratch.

>>43820176
i know a group which plays casual games from time to time
>>
>>43820176
>Casual MTG doesn't exist

OP, if you want to have fun, find a group of friends to play with
Also this >>43820137
>>
>>43820176
>>43819970
First of all, fuck this guy >>43820176
Second of all. Intro packs are allright for a casual beginner. I got one myself, got another one for my gf, fun ensued and is still up. However soon you'll get boosters/singles once you know where you want to push your intro deck and polish your strategy or find out that this one is not your drill and modify it into something wholly new with deck builder etc. As far as kitchen table goes - they're great, I used mine with minor tweaks on a several casual constructed tournaments with success and most importantly fuckload of fun. I managed to tweak my gf intro deck into several diffrent feel decks with couple of boosters.
Intro decks are allright, just read what color/strategy or even cards they contain so you know what strategy to expect with it.
>>
>>43820176
Ignore this guy, hes an asshole
>>
>>43820191
>>43820230
I didn't say every single player of MtG is a walking pile of shit, I'm saying walking piles of shit tend to pester most MtG playing circles, so as I already wrote, either you're alright with dealing with them or you have to find a group that plays casual games.
>>
And how about booster battle packs? Got a deal where i can buy a booster battle pack, a booster, 50 lands, 100 commons and some foils, dice and tokens etc. for about 33% more
>>
>>43820176
your a massive fucking fagot anon
>>
>>43819970
Get the most recent event decks/clash packs and upgrade them with singles if you wanna get into the metagame right away

Or find some guy who's selling bulk cards for cheap. I've seen some facebook guys selling a shitton of bulk for under 10 dollars. Great foundation for some casual fun or just learning the basics.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.