[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Worst Player
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: groans.gif (308 KB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
groans.gif
308 KB, 245x150
>Be me, been hosting an online table for a long time
>Have about 16 regular players
>Can jump on at literally any time, any day and start up a session
>Have around 3-4 different game-types
>1 game-type we haven't used in a while called "Heroes"
>Basically X-Men, but Mutants are the majority instead of minority
>Everyone wants a reboot, hype is big
>Agree, reboot and add new NPC's as well as tweaking old ones
>Things are going pretty good
>2 players talk about a new player they're good friends with is coming to join the table
>Sweet, always cool to get new people.
>He joins, first thing he says is he has 3 character ideas
>Good guy, Neutral, and Evil
>Constantly making Undertale references
>Suggest Neutral
>"Nah."
>Suggest Good
>"Nah."
>Okaythen.jpg
>Goes evil guy, names him "Chara"
>Tell him he can't be Chara, a character from Undertale
>Says he's not going to be, he's gonna be a dragon-kin
>"Dragon-kin don't exist."
>"I'm just mutated to look like one"
>Not the worst mutation/power I've seen, allow it since no one else seems to mind
>Makes his character sheet, says nowhere that he looks like a dragon
>Has "Cruel" trait that boost offensive damage
>Has "Determination" trait that lets him get back up with 1 HP at the cost of all his power if downed
>Refuses to tell anyone whether his character is male or female
>Literally the first thing he does when he joins is scratch his knife against a wall (In a school, btw) while walking
>Other character goes out, asks him to put knife away
>Tells him to fuck off
>Literally gets to the point where I just have a strong NPC come force him to put the knife away
>A couple seconds later, takes knife out again
>Threatens to kill literally anyone when they talk to him/her
>PC from earlier, Chris, is tired of his shit, fights him and gets really good rolls, kicking his ass
>Chara uses Determination to get back up
>Knocked back down
>"Aaaannndd I'm done."
>Whines in OOC about how Chris is OP
cont
>>
>>43811605

cont
>"No he's not."
>He keeps whining and literally everyone straight up ignores him
>Throughout the entire session he keeps being the edgiest mother fucker in existence, talks to NPC's that would rape him as if they'd be no challenge for him
>Ends up getting in fight with NPC and getting his ass kicked
>He's been in 2 fights and lost both of them so far, but still acts like he's above everyone else
>Eventually I just ban him
>2 friends plead with me to give him another chance next session
>Eventually agree

I don't know what to do. I know he's not going to change at all, and I'm trying to be friends with this guy.
Should I keep letting him get his ass kicked until he stops being an edgelord?
>>
>>43811661
Maybe give him one more shot. He doesn't seem to be causing too much trouble so far, but don't hesitate about kicking him out if he doesn't shape up.
>>
>>43811661
>I don't know what to do

Keep passively-aggressively complaining about it on the Internet rather than talking to him about it like an adult. That always works.
>>
File: 13462342.jpg (28 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
13462342.jpg
28 KB, 600x600
>>43811605
>thinking that just because they made an expy of an insane and dangerous character means they'll automatically be as dangerous as them or that it's ok to act that insane
>>
File: nothing gets past this guy.png (16 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
nothing gets past this guy.png
16 KB, 210x300
>>43811684
Did you even read the post? I had to ask him to stop multiple times, no matter what I say he does the same shit.
>>
>>43811661
>I know he's not going to change at all
That's your fault, then, and you can wallow in it.

If you don't want to be a pansy however, it's a very simple process of taking him aside before the next session, explaining what was okay/not okay with how he was and was playing last session, and what he needs to change in order to keep playing with you guys.
>>
>>43811790
>That's your fault, then, and you can wallow in it.

"It's your fault he's a fanboy trying to copy an edgy character from a videogame, and refuses to listen to anything you say."
>>
>>43811661
let him play the good/neutral character, since many people thinks:
evil = edgelord
>>
>>43811813
His decision that the other guy could not change is what makes him the one at fault, but you can keep being a dumbass if you want.

>>43811790
If he's unresponsive to this, then your hands are clean when you kick and block him, because he made the choice. You're currently assume he's an observant, reflective person who can work out shit on his own and judge him as such, which is fucking baffling given our hobby's renown for autism level social inadequacy.
>>
>>43811743
>I had to ask him to stop multiple times

Sorry, I didn't really get that from
>He keeps whining and literally everyone straight up ignores him
>Eventually I just ban him

But seriously, if you have asked him to stop multiple times and "no matter what I say he does the same shit", then what's the question here? Do you think asking him a few dozen more times will get him to stop acting like a shit?
>>
>>43811605
I played Undertale, enjoyed it and I'm sorry people like this exist.
I'm really sorry.

That said, if kicking him out with either brutal sincerity or kind strictness is not a viable option, I suggest you force him against a nemesis he can't get around.

A Undertale-based nemesis sounds good if you want to fight him with his own weapons, but you can refluff the idea however you want.
Send a very kind, merciful enemy against him.
The forgiver kind. Make him the absolute dodger, a total survivor that never really attakcs, just wants to force him into prison forever.
Also make him either retcon all his good attacks due to time-travel, or just make him appear again every time he kills him, like nothing happened.
Worse yet, make it as if he doesn't remember killing him the first time.
If he metagames to prepare for the next attack, just make the guy immortal, just plain unable to be killed.
He'll be forced to admit he has to either walk away or accept his foolishness.

But, since it's a faggot we're talking about, one just like the OP that can't say 'no' in the face of being forced to letting him in again and bragging about it on /tg/, that probably never happened.
>>
>>43811605
As soon as he fucks up this session, just ban him and be done with it.
>>
File: 1444186128447.png (20 KB, 896x768) Image search: [Google]
1444186128447.png
20 KB, 896x768
>>43811605
>Decide to make an expy of Chara
>Get fucked up by a player he think is "OP" when he's not

Oh man, the irony of this.
Play Megalovania if the player fight Chris again, and give Chris unlimited dodging. And time travel abilities, just for the fight.

Anyway, if he keep his shit up, just kick him. Make it clear you gave him a warning, and that if he doesn't quit, then he can fuck off.
>>
>>43814540
Fucking this
>>
>>43811605
>>Refuses to tell anyone whether his character is male or female
That is ok.
>>
>>43814540
this.

undertale kicks your ass for trying to play like an edgy fuck, you should follow that.
>>
>>43814540
This needs to happen now.
>>
>>43814540
Make sure to tell him that if he keeps playing like this... he's gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>43817828
I laughed too much at this.
>>
>>43814540
I mean, that IS the point of the battle.

You're supposed to quit. That's what his goal is- to make you give up and go back to mercy.

So make him quit. the rest of the party can stay out of it, they're okay.
>>
>>43811605
I, personally, would give this guy a second chance, because I myself have been in a similar position to that guy.

The difference is, though, I made the "Edgiest of Edgelords" with full intention of him getting constantly taken down a peg. Hell, the first fight I picked was one I intended to lose, because my character was convinced that he was the 3rd most powerful man in the universe (After his father and his mentor) and he slunk off going "Yeah, but I'm still the best and better than you and I let you win..." Unfortunately, I went a little overboard with the asshole factor and was pretty much asked to leave after the first session, but that's because everyone else was convinced that I was playing him seriously.

Talk to the guy, ask him to either:

A) Throttle back on the asshole factor.
B) Take the character less seriously.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.