[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /tg/ like their Fairies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: fae.jpg (29 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
fae.jpg
29 KB, 400x500
I want to have them play more of a role in campaigns and I wanted general opinions.

What would be some good trickery to do to PCs?
Any encounters with them that were particularly memorable?
>>
File: main.jpg (219 KB, 980x600) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
219 KB, 980x600
Neopets had the best fairies.
>>
>>43807874
>What would be some good trickery to do to PCs?

Let powerful fairies use hypnosis/suggestion spells to control NPCs and put them in hilarious situations.

E.g. super macho NPC suddenly gets in touch with his feminine side thanks to a fairy's magic suggestion and his low magic resistance.

Normally trustworthy goody-two-shoes NPC gets hypnotized and leads the party out into the woods after some treasure, they open up a chest to find nothing but bear dung. NPC is flustered and can't stop apologizing for what happened. Fairies giggle in the distance.
>>
Creatures from beyond reality that mock us and eat sanity.
>>
>>43807874
I like my fairies tiny, about small enough to fit in your palm, and as natural as possible. Minimal clothing, if any it's made of leaves, vines, and flowers. Basically, NOT >>43807915 this halloween costume-looking stuff.
>>
>>43807915

I do so love when little girls' idols are slut-faced and slut-dressed. That's what I call a proper upbringing!
>>
File: gdgd.jpg (144 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
gdgd.jpg
144 KB, 620x349
The gdgder the better
>>
File: 1403850420515.jpg (409 KB, 600x942) Image search: [Google]
1403850420515.jpg
409 KB, 600x942
>>43807998
>Let powerful fairies use hypnosis/suggestion spells to control NPCs and put them in hilarious situations.
>E.g. super macho NPC suddenly gets in touch with his feminine side thanks to a fairy's magic suggestion and his low magic resistance.

And they mind control the cute boy into becoming a drooling crossdresser with glazed-over, empty eyes, right?
>>
>>43807874
Tiny humanoids flying and not which have completely bought into their own hype as spooky eldritch fae despite being much weaker than the other races.
>>
>>43807874
Deep fried with a side of salad.
>>
>>43811805
I always thought that faries counted as salad.
>>
>>43807874
You know lantern archeons? I like to throw them in as companions or helpers for religious characters, mostly clerics and paladins. Fairies could be a nature-themed version of that.

If you don't like forcing a companion on a player, you can work them in as NPCs that help for a quest or maybe are part of a quest themselves - if I remember right, 3.5e fairies will hypnotize people to protect natural places for them.
>>
>>43807874
Fairies? Small tinklebastards ranging from humanoid insects to actually intelligent minor spellcasters who happen to be less than a foot high. Not bad.
Fae? Viscious elfy bastards who will rip you apart for amusement. Haughty and noble or wild and feral at their whim. That whim might last centuries but it is a whim nonetheless. AVOID.
>>
>>43808630
>drooling ... with glazed-over, empty eyes, right?
everypart except this yes, though after the enchantment is broken he can't help but fondly remember how nice and soft the clothing they gave him was and how surprisingly good it felt to be so pretty
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.