[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/HHG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: The_Sigillite_clean.jpg (51 KB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
The_Sigillite_clean.jpg
51 KB, 500x495
Horus Heresy/30k General Discussion/List Thread
Where were you when Malcador sacrified himself? X 2 Edition
Threadus penultimatus:
>>43728193
Rulebooks link:
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
>>
Can't post in the other thread anymore. But the guy who said why the Word Bearers got their shit kicked despite having years to prepare or w/e. I have no idea what you're talking about. He practically helps kill off half the Ultramarines while being outnumbered, and then "lost" because Kairos Fateweaver told him that Guilliman must survive Calth so he can create Imperium Secundus using up so many resources so Terra will not have enough resources to counter Horus' direct attack. This is literally the only reason Ultramarines had anything close to a "win" against them.
>>
File: perturabo2.jpg (667 KB, 2203x2937) Image search: [Google]
perturabo2.jpg
667 KB, 2203x2937
Show me your primarch, anons! Honor demands it!
>>
>>43760191
>Guilliman must survive Calth so he can create Imperium Secundus
Boy, fatweaver must have been pissed when the Lion and Sanguinius showed up
>>
>>43760192
>>
>>43760464
fug, that looks good. did you magnetize the base?
>>
>>43760492
Yup base is magnetized as well as Forgebreaker so I can use him pre-Isstvan.
>>
>>43760278
Somewhat. It did leave the hole Horus needed to hit Terra directly. Though a bigger shitstorm would've started if Lion and Sanguinius didn't work the whole Secundus thing so diplomatically.

>>43760192
Can't for the life of me decide between finally buying Lorgar or buying a Bloodthirster. Can't decide what would be the better 500 point addition to my army

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury - 300 points
-Greater Reward: Blade Of Blood (replaces Lash Of Khorne)
-Exalted Reward: Grimoire Of True Names

---Troops---

(20) Pink Horrors - 200 points
-Instrument of Chaos
-Icon of Chaos

OR

-2 Phosphex bombs plus melta bombs for everyone else that don't have it in my army - 50 points

---Lords of War---

Lorgar - 450 points
-Transfigured
>>
>>43760573
Are you going Deamon heavy already, or lots of Word Bearer infantry?
>>
>>43760642
Main army's Word Bearers infantry mostly, but quite a few of these guys have the daemon special rule with a chance for the tac squads to be daemons, too.

2500 points

Rite Of War: The Dark Brethren

---HQ---

Legion Praetor - 155 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor
-Paragon Blade
-Iron Halo

Legion Chaplain - 155 points
-Legion Jetbike with Heavy Bolter
-Refractor field
-Artificer Armor
-Melta-bombs

Legion Diabolist - 125 points
-Burning Lore

---Troops---

(19) Legion Tactical Squad - 290 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent
-Artificer Armor for Sargent

(18) Legion Tactical Squad - 280 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 360 points
-9 Power Axes
-Artificer Armor for Iconoclast
-1 Phosphex Bomb for Iconoclast

Storm Eagle Gunship - 220 points
-Extra Armor

-Extra Armor

---Elites---

(10) Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren - 390 points
-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)
-Tainted Weapon for Dark Martyr
-Artificer Armor for Dark Martyr

Mhara Gal Tainted Dreadnought - 305 points
>>
File: skub.jpg (433 KB, 1019x784) Image search: [Google]
skub.jpg
433 KB, 1019x784
Reminder.
>>
>>43761073
i dun get kurze...(or sang t.b.h)
>>
>>43761073
Shouldn't 'it's also a hammer' be attributed to Vulkan?
>>
File: sanguinius.png (1 MB, 1662x1058) Image search: [Google]
sanguinius.png
1 MB, 1662x1058
>>43761872
>Curze
/tg/ likes to joke about him forgetting Vulkan's weapon was also a hammer.

>Sanguinius
It's a reference to a Tumblr meme.
>pic related
>>
>>43762034
>Hammer
Still I dont get it.
>>
>>43761073
I don't get why Curze has it's also a hammer that's a Vulkan thing. For Curze you could easily done THE HORROR! THE HORROR!
>>
File: uguuuuuuuuu.png (225 KB, 459x599) Image search: [Google]
uguuuuuuuuu.png
225 KB, 459x599
>>43762111
>For Curze you could easily done THE HORROR! THE HORROR!
Or "moe"
>>
File: Gorgon.jpg (27 KB, 315x241) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon.jpg
27 KB, 315x241
Am I reading this right, the Gorgon has a transport capacity of 40, but the only units that can take it, max out at 20 (infantry and grenadiers)? And there's no way of taking it other than Dedicated?
>>
>>43762579
Im sure you can take a couple as LoW, but superheavy transports can carry more than one unit so you could have 2 different 20 man grenadier squads in one Gorgon.
>>
I'm buying and building my Raven Guard army as a step away from my Orks, and want them to be a lot more orderly and fluff-accurate. As such, I don't want to scratchbuild any unique units.

Have we heard anything in regards to when Dark Fruries, Corax, or Khades Nex will be released?
>>
>>43762778
>Im sure you can take a couple as LoW

How does that exactly work? Like I've read that piece over and over, but I'm not sure I completely get it.

>superheavy transports can carry more than one unit

Sure, but they're still restricted by the limitations of Dedicated Transport, so the second squad has to start on the board and get in during their movement phase.
>>
Thinking of getting into this. How're Emperor's Children, Word Bearers, and World Eaters? They're my favourite Legions, so I was wondering how they fared ingame.
>>
>forge world prices converted to canuck bucks
>170 pounds
>345 bucks
>plus shipping AND exorbitant canuck taxes
m-muh wallet...
>>
>>43762068
In Vulkan Lives Curze had Vulkan go through a deadly maze with his hammer at its center, which had a teleporter built in it.
When Vulkan gets to it he finds out the teleporter has been disabled and Curze swoops down to rub it in his face.
Vulkan then tells him "It's also a hammer" and beats him up
>>
>>43763020

ROFLMAO

how is kurze this dumb gawd
>>
>>43763017
Hey, at least you ain't Strayan.
;____;
>>
>>43763041
Well, Nostromo doesn't exactly have much of an education system...
>>
>>43763062
Except it does.
>>
>>43762929
>Sure, but they are still restricted by the limitations of dedicated transport
Then what if we take it as a lord of war instead of a dedicated transport?
>>
>>43762778
How many units can super heavy transports carry? Wondering if I replace the Spartans from my Ultramarines build last topic with a Stormbird if I can fight the one tac squad and two invictarii into it. Also where I can more easily beg my friend to get a Stormbird since he already got the Invictarii and return the Roboute and use that money to get it.
>>
>>43763260

>If a Super-heavy vehicle has a Transport Capacity, then it may transport any number of Infantry units (plus any characters that have joined the units), so long as the total number of models in the transported units do not exceed the vehicle's Transport Capacity.
>>
>>43763325
Beautiful. Thank you
>>
>>43760573
A D-thirster is way better than a unfettered fury, is 125 points cheaper than lorgar transfigured, and is much better in melee than either of them, will shank a primarch in the nuts with it's axe of D, and is way faster and much easier to deliver than a primarch. TL;DR: take one. though if you want to be REALLY mean take be'lakor instead
>>
>>43763045

Or Kiwi. Though I've spent over $2000 on resin HH before the new Plastic Box came out.
>>
What do you think life was like right after the Heresy? How quickly did the god-emperor cults rise, and how hard did "truthers" fight against them? How many subjugated worlds made a bid for independence or even fell to chaos? Did any embittered xenos take advantage of humanity faltering?
>>
>>43761073

Kurze should be "I'm batmanl"
>>
>>43763673

"I have stuff on my belt."
>>
>>43763343
Hmmm...I thought he was supposed to be another waste of points like the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster. Lotsa shenanigans to be had with my Diabolist casting invisibility on D-Thirster, Cursed Earth from horrors, and Grimoire (the one reason I don't take Be'Lakor.) I liked this. Thanks! So now my army is:

2500 points

---HQ---

Legion Praetor - 155 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor
-Paragon Blade
-Iron Halo

Legion Chaplain - 155 points
-Legion Jetbike with Heavy Bolter
-Refractor field
-Artificer Armor
-Melta-bombs

Legion Diabolist - 125 points
-Burning Lore

---Troops---

(19) Legion Tactical Squad - 290 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent

-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 360 points
-9 Power Axes
-1 Phosphex Bomb for Iconoclast

-Extra Armor

-Extra Armor

---Elites---

-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)

+++Optional 497 Points Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment+++

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury - 375 points
-Greater Rewards (random)

---Troops---

(13) Pink Horrors - 122 points
-Irridescent Horror
>>
>>43763045
>>43763537
Isn't forgeworld shit cheaper for kiwis and kangaroos?
>>
>>43763223
Well that's the thing I have trouble understanding. As in, how exactly does it work? Like, can any super-heavy be taken as a LoW? Even if they're not in the LoW list for the army? Even if it's in the same list? Or does it have to be from the IA books (in which cause you lose out on all the upgrades and options in the Militia list)?
>>
File: rad.png (2 MB, 1600x800) Image search: [Google]
rad.png
2 MB, 1600x800
What legion is best for Orbital Assault Rite/Despoilers? I like the idea of dropping in a fuck ton of marines and saying Fuck Your Shit. Gonna use BaC as base, and then buy some despoilers from there. I already have 3 drop pods from my 40k that I will instead construct and paint for 30k.
>>
>>43764324
If it wasn't LOW to begin with then no you can't take it as LOW. I am out and drunk right now so I can't look it up, but if Gorgons can be taken for a slot beside Dedicated Transport take it.

>>43765315
Ummmm I guess Imperial Fists because of Pollux's special rule and because if you take everything Orbital Assault lets you take it would still kick massive levels of ass thanks to Disciplined Fire?
>>
File: NL.png (12 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
NL.png
12 KB, 217x232
Alright guys I've been lurking this general for a bit off and on thinking about making a 30k army after I finish my 40k orks. I've been eyeballing 30k ever since the 7e formations started taking over everything. I liked the game more when it was a simple CAD. Restrictions give your creativity something to work on, vs no restrictions like unbound or a preset formation with little wiggle room to make an army yours.

Obviously there has been an influx of new potential players with BaC, and it sort of motivated me to maybe get a 30k army started. Honestly though I've been considering doing an assault marine army. I hear that they aren't very good, but I'm wondering if a Night Lords list with Angel's Wrath RoW would be viable if I included two big blobs of assault marines, some Night Raptors as body guards for Curze, Flyers and Javelin Land Speeders for AV. And then I realized BaC would give me zero of this. But fuck it, I could start small and do five models a month or something. I'm more of a modeler/ painter than a competitive player hence I play Orks. but I like HH fluff and at the risk of being called out as an edgelord I think the Night Lords are cool. Mostly the Terran ones, before they went full murder rape, but I like reading about Sevatar too.

I figure Curze gives me guaranteed night fighting, so turn one I get +1 to all cover saves which is pretty good if I can get my jump dudes in cover, and a 5+ cover save when in the open from the legion's rules. I should be able to get some units into assault range for turn two I would hope, and then I get +1 to wound for outnumbering them (and I should because bulky models count as two). Flyers and skimmers shoot vehicles I guess. How viable would an army like that be? I rarely see Angel's Wrath lists and never see assault marine lists.

I haven't started collecting HH yet, but I'm painting up some CSM as Night Lords for a kill team to scratch this marine-painting itch and as test models. Pretty fun.
>>
>>43765424
>fellow Night Lords fan
Ayyy
>>
>>43765424
Tac squads are the only compulsory troop options. You gotta take Assault on top of that unless the Night Lords ROW/rules say otherwise.
>>
>>43765315
We don't know their rules yet, but the idea of Orbital Assault Blood Angels sounds pretty rad to me, and BaC marines look pretty good in red.
>>
>>43765455
How the fuck did I miss that? I somehow thought tacs, breachers and assault were able to be taken as compulsory. Oops.
>>
>>43765485
>I somehow thought tacs, breachers and assault were able to be taken as compulsory.

That is right, the other anon is a faggot, ignore him.

Take a look at their Row, I think the BaC box is a good start for that as you can make the tactical squads as Terror Squads.
>>
>>43765510
I looked at the Terror Assault RoW and it looks cool, but T Squads are capped at 10 and that seems to lose potential for extra wounds from Talent for Murder.

But they can take volkite chargers so I guess thats a good trade. And it would be waaaaaaaay easier to get started with the BaC box and some drop pods. Plus BaC would give me termies for Atramentar and a reason to add my super-special-favorite Sevatar. I like this.
>>
>>43765661
Also bear in mind that Sanguinary Guard jump packs are literally plastic versions of the super nice MK IV ones. You can get them pretty cheap on Ebay without the wings, and put them on your BaC marines.
>>
>>43763761
Slam Erebus in there for HQ.

He's a Praetor, Chaplain, and a Diabolist all at once. RAW I'm pretty sure that you can take just him.

That would save like 350 points. Use that to take a Fire Raptor, apothecaries, CCW for tacs, etc.

And for Ashen circle, don't go all power axe. Leave a couple stock.
>>
>>43765661
My b like I said >>43765423 I am drunk and out so I can't look shit up. BUT You take the Terror Squad cuz they have Infiltrate, can cause Fear (and 30k doesn't have ATSKNF all over the place), and have Preffered Enemy (Infantry). That's Night Lords as fuck.
>>
>>43765661
You could just infiltrate the Terror Squads and then have a bunch of special weapon squads arrive by drop pod, I think that can work very well and is fucking cool.
>>
>>43765791
>Slam Erebus in there for HQ.
I have, own, and used to have Erebus there for HQ. I really wanted a guy with Terminator armor, a guy with a jetbike, and a Diabolist with Burning Lore. It's for fluff reasons.

>That would save like 350 points. Use that to take a Fire Raptor, apothecaries, CCW for tacs, etc.
BUT for some reason I didn't think about this and like this idea. I feel stupid for not having thought this cuz I have a Fire Raptor, but thanks though I guess someone had to mention that to my dumb ass.

>And for Ashen circle, don't go all power axe. Leave a couple stock.
The Iconoclast has their default weapon so I am still getting that bonus.
>>
>>43765737
Hmm. I'll keep that in mind.

>>43765824
>>43765874

Oh shit! I forgot about preferred enemy and infiltrate. Yeah that's what I'm gonna do.
>>
>>43765791
But this semi-works cuz I still have to take two HQs no matter what.
>>
So coming back after an age, never really got into SM at all but the Calth set and in particular Death Guard (since I always liked Mortarion's visage). What's the minimum amount of Marines for an average game size? What even is the average game size? I was wanting to do a termie-heavy army because y'know, all them Death Guard specific termies, what might that look like, and would such a termie-heavy army be also playable in 40K?
>>
I really like the idea of big tactical squad blobs on the table. I think it helps to make an army look more like a legion then a chapter. Are there any good legions which suppprt that line of play?

Im thinking alpha legion, infiltrating 20 marines then moving into rapid fire range with fury of the legion sounds awesome, but might be too much of a one trick pony. Are there any better choices?
>>
>>43765965
If you're looking to start small, with terminators, think about looking into Zone Mortalis. It's a smaller game in much tighter confines. I find it a great style to play without spending a crazy amount.
>>
>>43765980
Raven Guard are easily the most TACTICAL legion
>>
>>43765929
Nvm if Erebus is there I don't need The Dark Brethren
>>
>>43766075
Cool, thanks, that's 40K-based then right? Initially I was hoping to buy Calth, another FW dread and Mortarion (maybe Typhon) then sell off 10-20 of the Tac marines to recover some costs, slowly upgrading later with more DG termies. So Zone Mortalis (from what I've seen of the game size) seems to be ideal.
>>
Can you attach an apothecary and HQ to the same squad?

>>43765980
Imperial Fists easily. Download Horus Heresy 3: Extermination from the mega link in the OP, get to the Imperial Fists section, and read Disciplined Fire special rule.
>>
>>43766264
Has all sorts of 30k special scenarios. I think it's Massacre that has them?
>>
>>43766453
Extermination has got the special Zone Mortalis missions.
>>
>>43766285
Nvm I know there's no limit; stupid Dawn of War thinking.

>>43765791
Okay, took what you said into consideration, came up with this. Gotta keep one Terminator guy for fluff reasons:

2500 points

---HQ---

Erebus - 195 points

Legion Champion - 120 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor with Combi-bolter and power maul

---Troops---

-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent

(17) Legion Tactical Squad - 270 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 380 points
-9 Power Axes
-3 Phosphex Bombs for Iconoclast

-Extra Armor

-Extra Armor

---Elites---

-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)

(2) Apothercary - 120 points
-Artificer Armor
-Augury Scanner

+++Optional 497 Points Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment+++

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury - 375 points

---Troops---

(13) Pink Horrors - 122 points
-Irridescent Horror
>>
>>43766594
You priced your upgrades wrong.

An exalted reward is 30, a greater is 20. I can't remember which thirsters you have, but costing 375 is impossible. 325 or 350.

I'd drop 1 or 2 axes, 1 phospex, and get some meltabombs.

Give a fist to the vorbak, right now a dread makes them sad. S10 will double out almost everything anyway.
>>
>>43766892
>An exalted reward is 30, a greater is 20. I can't remember which thirsters you have, but costing 375 is impossible. 325 or 350.
Isn't Unfettered 325 points though no upgrades? Or is he 275?

>Give a fist to the vorbak, right now a dread makes them sad. S10 will double out almost everything anyway.
If the Unfettered isn't 325 points hell yes.

>I'd drop 1 or 2 axes, 1 phospex, and get some meltabombs.

True I don't have much anti-vehicle
>>
>>43760464
How high do you think he can raise his arms in that?
>>
>>43767002
How much is a tainted weapon for the Vorbak? A fist is 15.

I have no idea which bloodthister is which, but it goes like this

Stock-250
D-axe-275
Flail-300

Consider a Nuncio-vox on a squad or 3, as you can use it to no-scatter deeps trike your dread and Vorbak
>>
>>43760464
How did you paint the base?

I want to start on my perty but I have no idea how to get the base done
>>
>>43767352
>I have no idea which bloodthister is which, but it goes like this
D-Axe is Thirster of Insensate Rage.

Stock is Thirster of Unfettered Fury

Flail is Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster

>How much is a tainted weapon for the Vorbak? A fist is 15.

Tainted is just 10 points. Actually nvm I thought I could switch the weapons of the other guys to power fists.

Tainted weapon>>>power fist

But considering what you suggested, I came up with:

2500 points

---HQ---

Erebus - 195 points

Legion Champion - 120 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor with Combi-bolter and Crozius Arcanum

---Troops---

(18) Legion Tactical Squad - 285 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent
-Melta-bombs for Sargent

(17) Legion Tactical Squad - 275 points
-Dark Channelling
-Power Fist for Sargent
-Melta-bombs for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 365 points
-7 Power Axes
-2 Phosphex Bombs for Iconoclast
-Melta-bombs for Iconoclast

-Extra Armor

-Extra Armor

---Elites---

-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)
-Melta-bombs for Dark Martyr

-Artificer Armor
-Augury Scanner

+++Optional 498 Points Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment+++

-Both Tac Squads with Nuncio Vox - 20 points

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage - 325 points

---Troops---

(17) Pink Horrors - 153 points
>>
>>43763673
"I'm batferine" >extends claws
>>
Decided to finally cave and pick up a Typhon for my Iron Warriors. Whats the consensus on sponson weapons? I initially thought that the lascannons would be best, but some pinning heavy bolters could be nice as well.
>>
So, are the red books scanned anywhere?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>43760192
>>
>>43768918
Really like the face, nicely done Anon.

The black of the armour could use some gentle highlighting though, to break up the giant black surfaces a little bit.
>>
>>43768970
Yeah. It's a work in progress. I've never really been good at highlighting.
>>
>>43768996
Keep the highlights relatively simple then.

Just painting the edges of the black plates in a colour like P3 Coal Black (a very dark greyish turquoise) can break up the black and give it a little more of a colder look, especially combined with the cold metal silver tones you have going on.

You could also use grey, but I feel that grey too quickly makes the black look grey, coal black (or colours like it) doesn't really do that in my opinion.
>>
Here's a question, when exactly did the modern space marine jetpack come into use?
>>
>>43769256
A few thousand years after the Heresy I think.
The standard armour pattern is Mk 7 or 8 for assault Marines.
>>
Are Graviton Rapiers basically the best gun for the unit?
>>
File: 1448003065667.png (3 MB, 1600x1304) Image search: [Google]
1448003065667.png
3 MB, 1600x1304
>>
What types of Imperial battleships where the most common/available during the cruaside era for explorator fleet?
Trying to write some personal writefaggotry for a explorator fleet but I have no idea on what ships they used.
>>
>>43762111
I'd go with 'nothin' personnel... kid'
>>
>>43770710
selfbump
>>
>>43769899
>Shitty looking attempt at a 3d-seeming frame
>Shitty word art text
>Horribly ill fitting on some sand paper that's probably supposed to be parchment

JUST
>>
>>43762111
>I don't get why Curze has it's also a hammer that's a Vulkan thing.

Because Curze got smacked by him like a retard because he apparently forgot that a hammer could be used as a hammer.
They're not exactly supposed to be complimentary.
>>
File: Paint - Space Wolves.jpg (20 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Paint - Space Wolves.jpg
20 KB, 400x500
Is this an acceptable paint scheme for a Space Wolf army?
>>
Which Legion is the shootiest legion?

In terms of actual shootiness, not just CAD fuckery like death guard.
>>
>>43771393
I think lore wise the Iron Warriors and Iron Hands both preferred shooting and bombardment over hand-to-hand combat, but not sure which of the two is the shootiest. They're both Siege specialists after a fashion.
>>
>>43767699
>Tainted weapon>>>power fist
and LCs>>>>>> Tainted
the LCs give you natively ap3, an extra attack, and lest you re-roll wounds for when you wnt to rend terminators. its just a whole bunch better
>>
>>43767699
> Legion Champion - 120 points
>Crozius Arcanum
wut

also the champion is fucking piss
>>
>>43767699
Only chaplain gets croz. Dumpkopf
>>
>>43762034

Fuck, that looks like a good cinnamon roll.
>>
>>43763762
its not cheaper, per se. its just that the price gap between FW and GW is smaller in aus/nz than in the US, because we get fucked by GWs dumb price hikes, while FW is just straight currency conversion.
>>
File: nutted but she still sucking.jpg (3 KB, 141x124) Image search: [Google]
nutted but she still sucking.jpg
3 KB, 141x124
>>43768918
>>
>>43771393
>CAD fuckery like death guard
Huh?

Will some of the Legions we got earlier - particularly the victims of the Dropsite Massacre - get new units?

I'd quite like to see all the remaining Bodyguard units fleshed out - Perty's Iron Circle, Dorn's Huskarls, Corax's Shadow Wardens and possibly others (some, like Ferrus's Morlocks, can just be considered Legion Termies acting in bodyguard roles, but that can feel kinda copout-ish)
>>
How easily can I make my CSM playable in 30k? I was thinking of running my heldrakes as fire raptors, are they good?
>>
File: Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg (253 KB, 864x983) Image search: [Google]
Konrad_Curze_sketch.jpg
253 KB, 864x983
>>43772254
ATRAMENTAR WHEN?
>>
>>43765980

World Eaters get *free* chainaxes on all of their Tacticals, effectively giving you +1A and AP4 built over what everybody else gets. This is in addition to the actual Legiones Astartes rule which includes Rage, and Rites of War on top.

A 10pt model with A2(4) and AP4 that still shoots just as well as any Tactical from any other Legion? World Eaters are built to horde.
>>
>>43772307
I don't care about rules, I just want the models
>>
>>43772273
Hopefully we'll get spooky terminators next time the Night Lords show up - and they should be good for A talent for Murder, being Bulky
>>
>>43761073
Pert looks like he's looking at something with varying interest. Magnus looks like he's looking at something with extreme interest.
>>
Is it just me, or are Paragon Blades ludicrously overpowered? I mean, there's literally no reason to ever take anything else on any model that can take them, including faction specific special weapons. +1 S, instant death on a 6 AND AP2 seem kind of overkill. They probably could've done away with at least one of those things. Or make it an actual Relic or bump up the cost or something. As things are, I don't think I've ever seen a Praetor/Lord Marshal/Magos that didn't use one. And monobuild characters are kind of boring. Hell, the Alpha Legion have a piece of wargear that only seems to exist to make the Paragon Blade better. I guess it's kind of a minor nitpick, but when I can know what gear your HQ is carrying beforehand because it's the only viable option, it gets kind of dull, especially when I'm using the same exact character too.

Also, if they made it a Relic, that would stop people from taking it and the Combat Augment Array for that guaranteed instant death.
>>
>>43763144
Well, it doesn't really matter when you have to raise yourself in the middle of the murder ghetto and resort to eating people and drinking their blood for sustenance.
>>
>>43765315
Anyone who doesn't need to charge. So pretty much any of the top tier Legions. Imperial Fists, Alpha Legion, Ultramarines, Iron Hands, Salamanders.
>>
>>43772473

I don't think they are too bad all-told. No shit that they're awesome, and certainly one of the best melee upgrades in the game, but I wouldn't call them overpowered.

1- Specialist Weapon. Right off the bat you need to further invest into a Lightning Claw or Power Fist to fight at full effectiveness, so the cost is closer to 50/60pts. Unless you're Alpha Legion who can make do with a Dagger.
2- AP2 and ID don't help you kill mooks. It's a simple and easily-solved problem, but for everything outside TDA or the HQ slot, a Claw will do a better job for less than half the price. Of course if you're actually gunning for HQ then it's gravy.
3- I consider it one of the major reasons to play a Praetor / Marshal / Magos over a named equivalent or support piece. When you're paying ~200pts to make a melee beatstick, you want said beatstick to actually excel at their job. Quite frankly when you see a character who is both specialised AND more expensive than your own, you should expect that he'll eat you alive. It's very simple, try to Contempt him, shoot him, or accept that he's a melee piece that will actually do a good job if he gets close.

That said, even for a Praetor there are often better options. Blood Angels get a lightsaber, and the Raven Guard get a better infantry destroyer. If your army absolutely needs more anti-TEQ or anti-character and you can't get it from shooting? The Praetor deserves a niche.
>>
>>43770710
shameless 2nd selfbump
>>
>>43765661
A Talent for Murder is very situational. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have when you get into melee, but this still runs on 7th edition, and charging ain't that awesome. Stick Volkites on your dudes, blast away, and charge. You still have Fear (with that delicious Ld penalty if you brought Curze along), Preferred Enemy, two attacks base, and the Volkites don't actually replace your pistols, so you always get that two weapon bonus attack too. Sure, you probably won't outnumber the enemy if you went after a 20 man Tactical Squad, but the pre-charge salvo will probably shave off a few dudes (allowing you to outnumber low model count squads) and you still hit with four attacks a piece (possibly against WS1) on the charge, with Preferred Enemy to boot. You're probably going to beat most large blobs in melee unless you're charging 20 World Eater or Sons of Horus Despoilers or something (in which case I have to wonder why the fuck you would ever do that).

A Talent for Murder isn't there to encourage huge blobs of melee dudes, because you're either going to beat them anyway, or you're going to charge something that's simply much better than you in melee. It's there to give you an edge against elite units that cost an arm and a leg. And in a pinch, a slight shot at burying a Primarch in wounds. It's not your gameplan, it's a nice option when the opportunity arrives.
>>
>>43772693
Most of the common type of Navy ships in Battlefleet Gothic will be common in the 30K setting.
Most of the ship designs are older than that (the Emperor Class being a likely exception), they could probably build them faster during the Crusade than after the Heresy, but I imagine it being mostly the same stuff. Check Lexicanum or so if a particular design is post-heresy, but I'm fairly sure most won't be.
>>
>>43772725
Don't forget +1 initiative at night
>>
>>43772605
Lightning Claw is a pretty terrible alternative when every sergeant and their mom can take artificer armour.
>>
>>43772746

I've heard this before and still have absolutely no idea where this comes from.
It's not part of Night Vision, or Talent for Murder, or the Rite, or from Terror Squads themselves.
So where the hell is this coming from? Did I miss a FAQ somewhere?
>>
>>43772796
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
>>
>>43771617
>>43771703
Ugh my bad I was tired last night but yeah it's just power weapon.

>Legion Champion is piss
Any recommendations for the second HQ choice then? Preferably with the option of wearing Terminator Armor?
>>
>>43772808
Neat. Much obliged.

On that note, anybody ever noticed that Kaedes Nex is fucking nuts?
Besides Chain-Firing with Concussive, BS6 and Rending, he can deploy where he fucking likes and has no restriction against Turn 1 charges. You have full freedom to deploy anywhere, almost guarantee first turn between the Rite and Maun, and then bury people under bullets. Even after all that he can get a Turn 1 assault and tie up some expensive heavy weapons piece.
>>
>>43772605
>AP2 and ID don't help you kill mooks
It sure doesn't hurt when Sergeants can take Artificer Armour and there are several units with multiple wounds and/or 2+ saves. +1 S is also really nice in a game where over 90% of all factions have at least T4 standard on everything. Not to mention that if you take a Lightning Claw for your secondary weapon you get a pretty solid infantry shredder. The Relic weapons are probably better used on a model that actually can't take a Paragon Blade. The Blood Angels one, for example, is better than a Paragon Blade against a lot of stuff, but only marginally so while being twice as expensive. It's better served on a Centurion, since that lets you field both the lightsaber and the Paragon Blade. Hell, a Paragon Blade and the Combat Augment Array are probably better than the Photonic Blade if you're just bringing the one Praetor anyway. Not to mention that most Relic weapons are strictly worse than a Paragon Blade against pretty much anything (I'm looking at you, Nostaman Mancatcher).

I would just like to see other options be viable, is all. With extremely few exceptions, there is no reason to not take a Paragon Blade, and it's just kind of a bummer, because with some small alterations every single big melee HQ will be some variation of "Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo/Cataphractii Armour (insert Cyber-Familiar/Sonic Screecher/Power Dagger as necessary)".
>>
>>43771603
LCs suck against vehicles. But I guess that doesn't matter cuz melta bombs
>>
>>43769899
>Be Faithful ! Be strong ! Be Vigilant !

Man, the emperor sounded like Torquemada from Nemesis the warlock with that line...
>>
>>43772305
They only get AP4 over everyone else, they still need to swap out the bolters for +1 attack like all the other legions.
>>
>>43771617
why
>>
>>43773168
He was dying, and couldn't think of anything more inspiring. You try to come up with something inspiring when you're dying.
>>
>>43772003
I will eternally kind of regret linking that ferrus paint job.
>>
>>43772693
Most common would be pretty hard to say, but known classes from the crusade include:

Emperor, Goliath, Victory and Retribution class battleships (also Gloriana, but those were Primarch flagship material)

Vengeance or Avenger Class Grand Cruiser is probably the next biggest ship down
>>
>>43773190
It's underwhelming since you pay 35 points for +1 WS and master-crafted. Because let's face it, how often are you really going to use that Heroic Intervention re-roll? Chaplains cost the same, buff their entire unit, and get a free power weapon. Not to mention that for Legions like the World Eaters and the Imperial Fists (who fluff-wise probably would have the most Champions) it's pretty much useless since their Legion benefits pretty much already do one of those things anyway.

I would probably go for something else, like a Librarian or a Chaplain. Or just save the points. A vanilla Centurion is pretty much just as good against most stuff anyway.
>>
>>43773258
I'm glad you did.
>>
>>43773343
>Forge World
>balanced rules
:
^
)
>>
>>43772985
its just like Dark Eldar 5th edition

there was no reason to take anything other than an Agonizer despite having access to like 6 or so different weapons
>>
>>43772305
The problem with the World Eaters is that 1) shooting is better than melee, particularly since assault vehicles are expensive as balls for Space Marines (doubly so for units larger than 10), 2) chainaxes are completely pointless against anything except Solar Auxilia and like one unit in every other faction, and 3) you can't shoot a bolter and then charge, so you're pretty much locked into pistols.

Don't get me wrong, they're better off than 40k World Eaters for a lot of reasons, but they have their issues. But if you're going with the bolter+pistol+melee weapon blob, I'd probably go for Reaping Death Guard, since that encourages large footslogging shooty blobs while giving them access to rad grenades that actually make them scary as fuck in melee. It's actually a pretty decent anti-melee build since you can just walk around guns blazing, fire overwatch, and then still hit with two attacks and wound on a 3+ when you get charged.
>>
>>43773343
Ahhhh that makes sense. Jeez why didn't I think of just running a vanilla centurion with terminator armor?

>>43773387
As a CSM player in 40k these are a hell of a lot more balanced than the bullshit I have to put up with in 40k.
>>
>>43772808
Holy shit. That's a fun bonus.
>>
>>43771293
Yes, waaay back in the day their official color scheme was black/red/white but it was changed by 2ed.
>>
>>43771393
Iron Warriors and Iron Hands. Though if you're cool with running a fuckton of bolters and Heavy Support Squads, Imperial Fists are top tier as fuck. Their Disciplined Fire special rule makes an army of Imperial Fists Tac/Heavy Support squad like 15% more effective than the same squad of any other army.
>>
>>43773656
Was thinking of going with IF.

Is MKIV fluffy for them though? I keep on hearing people say its not but I dont understand why if they were on terra the whole time and stole a bunch of shit from mars.
>>
Is there a pdf of the red book? The only one in the new OP is the black book with outdated rules.
>>
>>43773978
It's fluffy. All Legions used all marks of power armour, given their size and needs for different specialties. The Imperial Fists generally preferred the MkIII since it was thicker and more durable, and therefore preferable for siege warfare. But there were plenty of MkIV suits among them. I'd skip the upgrade kit, though, because MkIII heads on MkIV suits just looks weird to me.
>>
>>43773387
you have no idea what you're talking about, I honestly think you are trolling if you think that GW makes more balanced rules than FW
>>
>>43774100
theyre both shit t b h
forge worlds just slightly less shit
>>
>>43774167
Stop evading the word filter.
>>
>>43773472
desu Iron Warriors actually do that better with their rite of war as they can shoot their boltgun and still charge.

WE's can be good if you manage to get close enough though as you can't shoot after using Fury of the Legion anyway so being awesome on the charge is a pretty good follow-up.
>>
>>43774188
I'm shaking my head at you. You're not my family, to be honest.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 257x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 257x200
>>43774209
Slightly better. Take this.
>>
>>43773978
MKII, III, and IV are all fluffy for them. Like the other anon said, MKIII is the most commonly used among them, but II and IV are also viable. My own IFs (and even my Word Bearers) use MKII cuz I love the look and cuz in the popular Horus vs Emperor pic the IFs had MKII armor on and they look cool as shit there.
>>
>>43773173
Tacticals already have a bolt pistol and with chainaxe there are now 2 ccw's...
>>
The Iron Hands were called the Storm Walkers before Ferrus right? This makes the thunder effects in the song more fitting http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zRjFsOuuvzE
>>
>>43774201
You're still delaying your charge by a turn and leaving yourself open to be decimated by return fire and possibly having the enemy charge you instead. Hardly a good option for a Legion that pretty much only gets melee bonuses and desperately want the charge.

And Iron Warriors don't really do it better than Death Guard. They don't really get any melee buffs and count as making a disordered charge when charging after firing bolters, so there's very little incentive for them to charge unless they're just tying up a shooty unit in melee (maybe possibly if you have a really shitty round of shooting against World Eaters to deny them the charge, but why the fuck are you getting that close to World Eaters). Death Guard are a giant wall of FUCK YOUR MELEE since they actively want to get charged so they can use their rad grenades.
>>
>>43774188
N
O
>>
>>43774350
Read the chainaxe entry closely again. They get to replace their chainswords with chainaxes. Tacticals don't come with chainswords as standard, so you either need to replace the bolters with chainswords or buy chainswords for 1 point a piece.
>>
>>43774350
>>43773173

This is a RAW dispute related to the World Eaters rules and the specific wording of Chainaxes.
The rule says that if you have access to a combat weapon, instead get a free Chainaxe.
The argument is about what 'access to' actually means.

So a Tactical can buy a CCW for +2pts. Is this 'access to' a CCW? Because if it is, he 'instead gets a free Chainaxe'.
Or does he only have 'access to' a CCW after he's paid his 2pts, and only the upgrade is free?

I've emailed Forge World and their response was 'Good thinking, we'll have a word and then FAQ it!' with absolutely no indication of how they'd actually rule it.
>>
>>43774444
Read
>>43774464

This debate will live forever. Unless FW stops during in their hands and kill it once and for All!
>>
>>43773173
What use has AP4 in pure HH games? Good against Solar Auxilia?

Damn I wish FW did some 30k Alien races like the Interex and other more freaky shit.
>>
>>43774444
>>43774464

Observe a 40-response thread on this exact topic.
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/308364-do-world-eater-tacticals-get-free-chainaxes/
>>
>>43773493
Honestly you may as well run a primeus medicae: same fighting power, but grants FnP to you catiis. 2+/4++/5+++ is a very potent mix
>>
>>43774188
baka desu senpai , you are a faggot
>>
>>43763020
Thank you. Cool for Vulkan, shitty saturday morning villain for Curze. They dont really care about depicting demigods with intelects beyond human comprehension.
>>
Well, this is how my Word Bearers look like now. Turned the Legion Champion back into a Vanilla Centurion. The Dark Martyr in my Gal Vorbak squad has a Pair Of Lightning Claws since anything that those won't be good against he can use melta-bombs. The Tainted Weapon is then given to the vanilla Legion Centurion with Cataphractii Terminator Armor so from a fluffy perspective he has something daemonic on him. No melta-bombs for Tac Squad Sargents cuz Power Fists. Chainswords for Tac cuz Storm Eagles. Last points for Armored Ceramite on Storm Eagles.

2500 points

---HQ---

Erebus - 195 points

Legion Centurion - 85 points
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon
-Power weapon is Tainted Weapon

---Troops---

-Dark Channelling
-Chainwords/Bolt Pistols instead of Bolters
-Power Fist for Sargent

(17) Legion Tactical Squad - 270 points
-Dark Channelling
-Chainwords/Bolt Pistols instead of Bolters
-Power Fist for Sargent

---Fast Attack---

(10) The Ashen Circle - 365 points
-7 Power Axes
-2 Phosphex Bombs for Iconoclast
-Melta-bombs for Iconoclast

Storm Eagle Gunship - 240 points
-Extra Armor
-Armored Ceramite

Storm Eagle Gunship - 240 points
-Extra Armor
-Armored Ceramite

---Elites---

(10) Gal Vorbak Dark Brethren - 400 points
-2 Power Weapons (Mauls)
-Pair Of Lightning Claws for Dark Martyr
-Melta-bombs for Dark Martyr

-Artificer Armor
-Augury Scanner

+++Optional 498 Points Chaos Daemons Allied Detachment (overall army is 2998 points as a result)+++

-Both Tac Squads with Nuncio Vox - 20 points

---HQ---

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage - 325 points

---Troops---

(17) Pink Horrors - 153 points
>>
File: 01-01.jpg (141 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
01-01.jpg
141 KB, 800x800
Is there any guides or conversions of the BaC terminator captain with a different weapon than the chainfist? The model doesn't look like slapping a regular cataprachtii arm on there will work.
>>
>>43774652
man that was funnier than i expected
>>
>>43774718
You can do it, you just need to cut up the shoulder of the sword arm that comes with BaC
>>
>>43774495
>>43774506
I think it's fairly obvious by the wording that it's intended to be replacing the chainsword. But whatever. World Eaters get bolters they will almost never use for one point less. Woop-de-fucking-doo. If that's my opponent's interpretation, I'm probably not going to fight him over it even though I think he's wrong.

I would like an FAQ on the Sons of Horus/Night Lords outnumbering shit, though, because per RAW it technically doesn't work for/on models with jump packs, and I'm pretty sure it's actually supposed to. Also, why not just give them the bonus if they outnumber the enemy regardless of model type? It's not like it would be overpowered if bikes could be affected as well. It's a minor thing that probably won't come up in games most of the time, but it just seems weird that the enemy would go "whoa, I thought we were done for what with being outnumbered and all, but those guys are wearing jump packs, and everyone knows being outnumbered by guys with jump packs isn't nearly as bad as guys on foot!"
>>
>>43774638
I only have one Catii and that's the centurion himself. Used those extra points for Armored Ceramite so the Storm Eagles will do a better job at getting my troops near the enemy.
>>
>>43774738
There's a lot of precise cutting involved and equal amounts of green stuffing. The shoulder plates and straps of the arm are part of the captain's body, while on regular terminators they're part of the arm.

Which is why I'm asking if anyone has any pictures to give some reference on how to proceed.
>>
>>43774808
Just trim the shoulder until it fits into the cavity. You only really need greenstuff for the straps.
>>
>>43774832
And the cape, which comes from under the shoulder pad.
>>
>>43774740
>because per RAW it technically doesn't work for/on models with jump packs
Sure it does. Jump infantry have both the jump and infantry tags.
>>
>>43774167
if it's such shit then what are you doing here hmm?
>>
If I convince my friend to get a Sokar Pattern Stormbird, use his Suzerains, convert my Chaos Fire Raptor Gunship, and use my Betrayal At Calth leftovers, would this work as an Ultramarines army at all?

2500 points

Onslaught FOC (1 HQ, 1 Troop, 1 Heavy Support compulsory)

---HQ---

Legion Praetor - 210 points
-Gladius Invictus
-Archaeotech Pistol
-Iron Halo
-Mantle of Ultramar
-Melta-Bombs

Legion Centurion - 185 points
-Forge Lord
-Cataphractii Terminator Armor with combi-bolter and power weapon
-Cyber Familiar
-Rad Grenades
-Chainfist

---Troops---

(20) Legion Tactical Squad - 305 points
-Addtional CCWs
-Melta-bombs for Sargent

---Elites---

(10) Invictarus Suzerain Squad - 350 points

---Heavy Support---

Legion Fire Raptor Gunship - 250 points
-Reaper Autocannon Battery
-Armored Ceramite
-4 Hellstrike Missiles

---Lords Of War---

Sokar Pattern Stormbird - 850 points

>>43772262
Very easily. 30k is a lot of fun because the rules have quite the similarities to CSM rules, but minus the GW rules neglect that makes most CSM builds suck.
>>
What's the best way to run World Eaters in 30k?

They seem like one of the shittest armies atm but I'd quite like to make them work.

I was thinking 20-man tac squads with extra CC weapons, making use of Fury of the Legion when up close because I'll be charging the next turn anyway.

What should be assisting them?

I was thinking conversion beamer preds as they encourage the enemy to move closer.

I'd like to run some termies as well but I'm not sure how I'd fit them in.

Has anyone got any successful strategies?
>>
>>43775223
If the tactical squad dies, you lose. That army isn't likely to be able to table everything it comes across, so it needs to be able to score. Two Suzerain squads is probably overkill, particularly since you don't have enough transports to carry them. I have no idea what the fore lord is actually for.
>>
>>43772262
>I was thinking of running my heldrakes as fire raptors
pls no
>>
>>43775096
cause its better than 40gay evidently :^)
>>
>>43774965
Nope. They sure don't.
>>
>>43775265
I don't play WE, but I can practically guarantee you that you're not going to be using fury of the legion. You can't have moved in the prior movement phase, and that means you're spending a turn standing still. Conversion beamer predators are risky due to the high probability of intervening cover or even LoS-blocking terrain somewhere in that very long 42".
>>
>>43775316

'Jump' is not a unit type. It's a prefix added on to other types. It's why you can have 'Jump Infantry' and 'Jump Monstrous Creature'. The Jump rule just adds a few extras onto the basic unit type.
Otherwise we'd have silly situations like Monster Hunter not working on Wraithknights and Riptides because they are Jump and Jet MCs instead of 'pure' MC.

See also:
> Blight Drones are Jet Cavalry
> FMCs are Jump MC when out of Swoop mode
>>
File: Untitled.png (176 KB, 938x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
176 KB, 938x513
Forgot my pic didn't I.
>>
I'm thinking about getting 10 Indomitus terminators for my Fists, since they are the ones testing that pattern. Should I cut the Crux Terminatus and the Aquila, or the aquila only?
(10 man squad, 2 Vigil storm shields, 2 Asscannons, rest with power axes)
>>
>>43775461
I opened up my rulebook to find a page number to cite to you to prove you wrong and... what the fuck... I am actually wrong. Thank you for opening my eyes to the Truth.
>>
>>43774886
Nope, you don't need to touch the cape at all. By trimming the shoulder I mean the shoulder of the sword arm, if that's what you want to use.
>>
>>43775505

If you want to be fluffy, probably both.

The Crux definitely has no place. It was only introduced after the Emperor's death. At best, you might be able to fluff it for a Scouring force.
The Aquila probably shouldn't be there either. It was Emperors Children only, until the Siege. After that point you're ok but again, it is so late in the Heresy that you've painted yourself into a corner.

> Or you could just fuck the fluff and do what you want.
>>
>>43775289
Why not?
>>
>>43775571
because heldrakes look ridiculous even in 40k with all the weird xeno shit floating about.

They'll look even more retarded in 30k and there isn't anything that fits their rules.

It'd be like proxying a defilier for the new leviathan dread
>>
>>43775328
Yeah I was kind of being hopeful.

I like WE a lot but I'm a big fan of vanilla-esque bolter tac squads and the two don't really compute.

I wish they had access to relentless just for their tac squads.
>>
>>43775287
Sokar is a super heavy transport it can take as many units as it can fit (which is everything that I have that's not the Fire Raptor.) Forge Lord is there to increase the dueling effectiveness of the Invictarii with his rad grenades.

>If the tactical squad dies, you lose. That army isn't likely to be able to table everything it comes across, so it needs to be able to score.
That's why I probably will have them dropped off at objectives while the rest of the army does the fighting. Also the Stormbird has a lot of weaponry in of itself for support, too.
>>
>>43760069
>Where were you when Malcador sacrified himself? X 2 Edition
Sweeping the floors of our ship.
>>
>>43775307
You don't think so?
>>
>>43775571
Because a fire raptor is in no way, shape or form a giant daemonic dragon?
>>
>>43775686
So you plan on having a single transport wandering around, dropping off bits of your army? I definitely wouldn't call that a particularly safe solution. I also wouldn't advise dropping them all off in a single spot. Just because your transport CAN hold your whole army doesn't mean it's a good idea. Also, I don't believe that the forge lord is worth the points for what you're doing. It's quite a few points for what is, in reality, only a marginal improvement. Suzerain are already pretty killy.
>>
>>43775686
Well if you've got it all figured out then why ask us about your super special plan. I don't think it's a good strategy either. Roubette would be ashamed. You would have to table your enemy to win. One troop choice, no matter how delivered won't do enough.

Why don't you grab a couple of heldrakes and proxy this list for a game or two and see how well it works?
>>
>>43760192

I own every primarch but haven't built a single one. My paint job skills are too poor to risk it. I want to find someone I can pay to do it for me.
>>
>>43775549
>he Aquila probably shouldn't be there either. It was Emperors Children only
Incorrect. The Palatine Aquila was used by the Emperor's Children. The Imperial Aquila, which is the one everyone knows, was used by everyone.
>>
>>43775841
You just lack imagination
>>
>>43776174
>>43776333
Aight cool. I just wanted to hear y'all out.

>One troop choice, no matter how delivered won't do enough.
What's your opinion on the Onslaught FOC that only needs 1 troop choice?
>>
>>43776511
says the dude who wants to use shitty proxies just because he can't *imagine* any better alternative
>>
>>43776789
I've already used them as storm ravens and nobody has had a problem with that. Fire raptor is basically the same thing.
>>
>>43776333
>Why don't you grab a couple of heldrakes and proxy this list for a game or two and see how well it works?
I am not the Heldrake anon btw. In 40k I prefer my Helltalons to the Heldrake.
>>
>>43776737
It's only good to take one minimum troop choice when you can table your opponent. Otherwise you are hurting yourself.
>>
>>43767683
Various shades of rust, metallics. Washed with enamel washes and then weathered.
>>
Anybody ever use Legiones Astartes lists for Kill team or HoR?
>>
So...days after having done it, I have realized that replacing the Breacher and Phalanx Warder squads with more Tac Squads and Heavy Support in my Imperial Fists army is the best decision I have so far in my short almost three month long stint at TT wargaming. They never fucking lose its ridiculous. Do the 40k Imperial Fists have similar rules giving guys with bolters a small boost that's massive in big numbers while giving heavy weapons squads Tank Hunter? If so I might make a 40k IF army, too.
>>
>>43777497
I'd rather play Zone Mortalis or Victory is Vengeance.
>>
Completely new to the entire 30K scene after the Betrayal box got me interested, and it seemed like a good affordable starting point. Downloaded the books from the OP and gave them a quick skim through, but Thousand Sons -the legion I was hoping to play- seems horribly absent for now. Is there any idea when we might be seeing the Thousand Sons enter the scene?
>>
>>43777545
Late next year. They're two books away. They'll be in Inferno, along with Space Wolves, Adeptus Custodes, and Sisters of Silence.
>>
>>43775265
Does no one on /tg/ play WE?

Please share with me you're wisdom
>>
>>43777615
Here's some wisdom. "You're" is a contraction of "you are."

Other than that, stick your tac blobs into spartan assault tanks and forget about bolters.
>>
>>43777580
Thanks. Hmm, might as well get started with the Betrayal models and work of a different army's ruleset for now. Would Word Bearers work as an in between?
>>
>>43777672
>please share with me, you are wisdom
thats what I meant to say fuck you
>>
>>43772254

I could see SoH, EC, WE, WB, and possibly DG getting new units influenced by Chaos.

>>43775612

>because heldrakes look ridiculous even in 40k with all the weird xeno shit floating about.

Nah, Heldrakes are a good example of what Chaos should be.

>>43776505

What makes the Palantine different?
>>
>>43777997
I guess I am not wisdom.
>>
File: palatine aquila.jpg (76 KB, 900x416) Image search: [Google]
palatine aquila.jpg
76 KB, 900x416
>>43778051
Note the upward swept wings, the claws part of the body, and triangular body span, compared to the wider wings, separate claws, and much more diamond-shaped body of the Imperial Aquila.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (374 KB, 2698x710) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
374 KB, 2698x710
>>43778524
Shit, wrong one.
>>
>>43778524
Not to mention that the Imperial Aquila was a symbol of the Imperium as a whole and was found everywhere, whereas the Palatine Aquila was specifically a heraldry used by the Emperor.
>>
>Ultramarine Rite of War says no deep strike reserves
>"lol btw you gotta bring a Master of Signal or Command Rhino. Both help deep strike reserves a lot"
Fuck this tax. I'm sticking with Pride of the Legion.
>>
>>43778590
So, can I use the basic FW dreadnought in 30k without removing the aquila on the front?
>>
>>43779057
Sure. Heck the Aquila is pretty badass even on other Chaos. Just gotta add some desecration and its a walking insult to the imperium.
>>
>>43779023
Master of Signal's great when hanging in the back with Artillery though.
>>
File: Rhomioi disgust.png (1 MB, 900x1069) Image search: [Google]
Rhomioi disgust.png
1 MB, 900x1069
>>43760069

>The_Sigilite_clean.jpg
> clean

Uhhh
>>
>>43779395
The first time I ever played with one he hung out with my Iron Havocs. Hecmay as well be the Squad Sarge because he has never left.
>>
>>43778524
>>43778561

Thanks
>>
Where the fuck are Corvus, alpharius and dorn?
>>
>>43780865
>Where the fuck are Corvus, alpharius and dorn?
Hiding
Disguised as your dudes
Behind a wall
in that order
Rumor has it Corax is the next primarch to come out.
>>
File: 1447409724893.jpg (1 MB, 1756x1440) Image search: [Google]
1447409724893.jpg
1 MB, 1756x1440
>>43780865
I FUCK LIKE A BEAST
>>
File: AL_Pre-Heresy_Iconography.jpg (68 KB, 413x357) Image search: [Google]
AL_Pre-Heresy_Iconography.jpg
68 KB, 413x357
So, /hhg/, your thoughts on Headhunters versus seekers.

I like the heavy bolter and the power daggers, but is it worth it over the specialized ammo types?

Also, am I missing something, or are combi-bolters kind of useless on something with PE: Infantry and BS5?
>>
>>43779023
I hear you man but it's worth it if you build around it IMO.

You don't need to take any dedicated anti-air with BS2 snap shots and you can rip melee based legions a new arsehole in overwatch (or just take counterattack).

Semi-fleet is very useful for those 20 man tac blobs as well.

You also don't really need deepstrike or transports for termies as they can take weapons with 36" range anyway.

I'm planning on just sticking the Master of Signals on an artillery battery and calling it a day.
>>
>>43781103
pretty meh in my opinion.

Power daggers are pretty pointless as they won't ever be charging and they don't provide enough firepower to outshoot anything for the same cost.

For like 5 points more per model you could take a termy with banestrike bolter ammo on his combi bolter and power sword rather than dagger.
>>
>>43761073
>Magnus
>two eyes
REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>43781478
Thanks for the perspective, anon.

>BS2
Would a Deredeo be overkill then? A single dual Assault Cannon Contemptor could do fine with BS2. Maybe two.

>20 man blobs
I was planning on building a Rhino based army but, as an Ork player, 20 footslogging Tacs does sound appealing.
>>
>>43781993
>Would a Deredeo be overkill then?
Probably not, they're pretty useful to have and IIRC the whole army has to have the same bonus at once.

Mortis' dreads are usually way better than generic contemptors with 2 gun arms though.

I'm personally planing on taking the Ultrasmurf legion specific termies (can never remember how to spell their fucking name) 10 BS5 TL autocannons with tank hunters and -1 to cover can fuck with most things, but with the BS2 snap shot bonus im hoping they can just shred flyers.
>>
>>43782159
Fumentarus
>>
Okay, so for an actually decent Ultramarines army. I got this so far. Tac Squads, Locutarus (praetor attached), and Invictarus all go in for the kill, meanwhile the Fulmentarus Terminators, Deredeo Dreadnought, and the Rapier Battery sit back along with the Master Of Signals shooting stuff from the back lines. BUT, I am not trying to figure out: for the Invictarii do I take a Land Raider or a Storm Eagle? Meant to be 2500 points once a Land Raider or Storm Eagle is added.

---HQ---

Legion Praetor - 230 points
-Gladius Invictus
-Archaeotech Pistol
-Iron Halo
-Mantle of Ultramar
-Melta-Bombs
-Jump Pack

Legion Centurion - 85 points
-Master Of Signal

---Troops---

(10) Legion Tactical Squad - 150 points

---Fast Attack---

(10) Locutarus Storm Squad - 330 points
-2 Plasma Pistols
-Plasma Pistol for Strike Leader
-Power Axe for Strike Leader

---Elites---

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery - 55 points
-Laser Destroyer Array

---Heavy Support---

(5) Fulmentarus Terminator Squad - 375 points
-5 Cyclone Missile Launchers

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought - 255 points
-Atomantic Pavaise
-Armored Ceramite

---Dedicated Transports---

Rhino - 40 points
-Dozer Blade

Rhino - 40 points
-Dozer Blade

Rhino - 40 points
-Dozer Blade
>>
>>43761073
Please go back to 40k general.
>>
File: image.jpg (411 KB, 2122x1415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
411 KB, 2122x1415
>>43765424
>I've been eyeballing 30k ever since the 7e formations started taking over everything. I liked the game more when it was a simple CAD.

Welcome brother, it's good to see you here.
>>
First World Eater list: Hows it looking? I use the terminators as distractions and try to get 1-2 of the squads in and munching.

Total: 2491

HQ: Kharn the Bloody 170pts

Elites: 3 Apothecary 135pts

Elite: 5 Man Terminator Squad, 1 Reaper, 3 Combi- Melta, 3 PowerFist, 2 Lightning Claw, 238pts

Elite: 5 Man Terminator Squad, 1 Reaper, 3 Combi- Melta, 3 PowerFist, 2 Lightning Claw, 238pts

Troops: 18 Tactical Marines, Sargent with melta bomb 235pts

Troops: 18 Tactical Marines, Sargent, with melta bomb, 235pts
Troops: 18 Tactical Marines, Sargent with melta bomb 235pts
Fast Attack: Anvillus Dreadclaw 100pts

Fast Attack: Anvillus Dreadclaw 100pts

Fast Attack: Storm Eagle with Twin Linked Lascannons, Multimelta 265pts

Heavy: 1 Predator with Lascannon sponsons 110pts

Heavy Spartan Assault Tank, Armored Ceramite, Dozer Blade 320pts

Heavy: 1 Predator with Lascannon sponsons 110pts
>>
>>43782998
Forgot to mention the tacts had chainaxes, but that should probably go without saying.
>>
>>43765791
I thought Erebus couldnt be taken as your mandatory HQ choice.
>>
>>43765824
Yeah I have two ten man terror squads that I always field. They either embarass infantry units, and/or draw alot of attention.
>>
>>43783090
He can be the main choice, but you still have to take a second one no matter what. Thankfully, with Erebus the second one can be whatever the hell you want.
>>
>>43775461
It's not nearly as neat as that though, for example "Jump Infantry" can't ride in (most) transports even though Infantry can.

So you're right, except when you're not. Sadly, most rules work this way (that is, inconsistently).
>>
>>43774167
FW is at least full flavor. And no Eldar, Tau, Necrons, or formations. It's honestly the formation stuff thats made 40k a joke.
>>
Because someone has to ask in every thread: Which primarch do you identify with/relate to most and why?
>>
>>43774740

A Talent for Murder works on jump infantry.
>>
>>43783792
Sanguinius because of his ideals, but my confidence issues probably make me relate to Mortartion and Perturabo.
>>
>>43783738
What transports cant jump infantry ride in?
>>
>>43777504
Not really, sadly. 40K Tactical marines are just tax units even with the bolter buff.
>>
>>43783916
Thunderhawks is the obvious example, some Tau transports too if I recall correctly.

Probably that's mostly vestigial from the original Apocalypse rules, that generalized transport rules to allow transporting everything up to and including MCs and other vehicles.
>>
>>43783792
Probably Perturabo. Pessimistic and a jerk, and unable to see all human interactions as different from non-human interactions (i.e. glorified equations to be solved).

Also I want to fuck up optimists for their smug audacity just like Dorn.
>>
>>43783916
>>43784105
I mean, Thunderhawks are the ones they explicitly can ride in.

All others they explicitly cannot, the rulebook section on transports specifically prohibits it ("Transport Capacity", "Only Infantry models can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise.", page 78).
>>
What legion dos drop pods the best? Luna wolves?
>>
>>43785403
World Eaters.
>>
>>43760069
>Horus Heresy
how expensive is this game and what do i need to start?
>>
>>43786469
2x battle for calth is a good start
change according to the legion you like the best and what their tactics are
>>
>>43785403
In rules? Raven Guard, SoH, Iron Warriors
In fluff? SoH, WE and don't know who else
>>
>>43786475
do they have thousand suns and can i use psychics
>>
>>43786495
thousand sons dont have rules yet, and arent looking to till late 2016/early 2017
there is psychic powers but they arent as good/widespread as in 40k, unless you want to play word bearers
>>
>>43786495
No and before you buy any models, read the rules first.
>>
>>43786492

That's just completely wrong and fucking random you faggot. Best legions in fluff were Luna Wolves, Ultramarines, and Dark Angels. If you knew anythign about the Great Crusade you will know exactly why I named those three.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.