[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rags to Riches Quest 2k16 Episode 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 9
File: 1409950965728.png (451 KB, 977x342) Image search: [Google]
1409950965728.png
451 KB, 977x342
Previously, the young woman who was robbed of her innocent childhood by the ravages of disease and self-interest decided to turn her life around by joining a secretive order known as the Rangers.

With her new companions Sophia, a young Ranger in training, and Mona, a single-minded witch, she spent years training her mind and body under the tutelage of her new instructors.

Soon the trials to ascend from Flegdling to Sparrow will take place, and she and her comrades are nervously anticipating the challenges ahead.

It is night, just after dinner, and you find yourself sitting alone atop a high branch of one of the trees which stand sentinel around the camp of the Rangers. Tomorrow morning, you will be given the first task of your trials, and you have no earthly idea what it might entail.

>Get to bed early
>Find Sophia and compare strategies
>Find Mona and ask for advice
>Other
>>
>>43754193
>>Find Sophia and compare strategies
>>Find Mona and ask for advice
>>
>>43754193
Love your quest OP. Very good writing. I'm not a waifufag at all but even I developed attachment for Mona.

>Find Sophia and compare strategies
>Find Mona and ask for advice
>>
>>43754314
>>43754342
You climb down gracefully and reach the grassy earth. Stretching out your tired limbs, you search for Sophia, eventually finding her hacking away at one of the training dummies set up to practice Ranger combat techniques.

She whirls elegantly and viciously around the dummy, slicing away at it's body and sending bunches of loose grass flying about. Upon seeing you approach, she stops and smiles, still panting lightly.

Sophia has nearly grown into a woman now, with all the odds and ends that come with it. Her figure isn't very full, and she's quite lean and muscular, same as you, but you couldn't imagine a man turning her down just on her looks.

When you reach her, she stows her hatchets and greets you.

"Hey! I just wanted to get a little more practice in. I'm sure they'll have us do some fighting, if not tomorrow then soon. I'm honestly really nervous." She reaches behind her head and pulls her blonde braid to the front, playing with it as she groans. "It's gonna suck to wait another year to be a Sparrow. Especially if you make it without me."

>"You'll make it."
>"It'll be tough, so we have to be aswell."
>"I don't know if you're ready."
>Other
>>
>>43754407
>>"It'll be tough, so we have to be as well."
>>
>>43754433
Sophia nods in agreement, though you suspect she's still quite nervous.

"Wanna go a round or two? I won't use the sharp ones this time."

>Accept, practice is always a good idea
>Decline, you don't want to risk hurting yourself before tomorrow
>Other

>>43754342
Thank you kindly
>>
>>43754493
>>Accept, practice is always a good idea
>>
>>43754493
>>Accept, practice is always a good idea
>>
You agree to spar with Sophia. The two of you take up practice weapons and stand apart from one another, just a few meters.

Sophis quickly moves into an aggressive stance, indicating a charge, which you find very characteristic of her. You must respond quickly.

>Attack first to catch her off guard
>Go on the defensive and wait for an opening
>Evase and attempt to counter
>>
>>
>>43754717
>>Evase and attempt to counter
>>
>>43754717
>>
>>43754717
>>Evase and attempt to counter
>>
>>43754784
You wait for Sophia to move. She does, and with all the swiftness you'd expect and more. For a moment, she is a blur of gold and green, on you like an arrow, but your reflexes are sharp and you narrowly avoid taking a blow to the head. Your own swing is true, striking her back with a thud. She grunts, and you can see she is hurt but not impeded.

>Go on the offensive
>Continue dodging
>>
>>43754850
>>Go on the offensive
>>
>>43754850
>>Go on the offensive
>>
>>43754858
You press the attack, forcing Sophia back with your superior physical strength. She is fast on the draw, but has never been good at reading her opponent, and soon you have her on her backfoot. Out of desperation, she attempts to reset the pace, and catches a swing thrown at her chest, grappling your arm and attempting to bring you to the ground.

>counter grapple
>escape
>go for the finishimg blow
>>
>>43754902
>>go for the finishimg blow
>>
>>43754902
>>counter grapple
>>
Just a reminder that actions are decided by popular vote, or in the event of a tie the option which had all of its votes blast first
>>
>>43754902
>counter grapple
>>
>>43754983
You meet Sophia head on, using the close combat techniques tought to you by the Rangers. Sophia is nimble, but your strength wins again, and you manage to reverse her grapple and turn it into an armbar.

Crying in pain, Sophia struggles.to break free, not for a moment considering asking for mercy.

>Release her
>Tighten your grip
>>
>>43755035
>Tighten your grip
>>
>>43755035
>> Release her
>>
>>43755035
>>Tighten your grip
>>
>>43755121
You flex, and Sophia is totally trapped. After si long, she fibally gives in and you release her to groan over her nearly broken limb.

>Brag
>help her up
>other
>>
>>43756326
>help her up
>>
Sorry, things got out of hand, but there settled
>>
>>43756326
>help her up
>>
>>43756326
>>help her up
>>
>>43756326
>>help her up
>>
>>43756340
You extend a hand of courtesy, and Sophia takes it begrudgingly. You hoist her up, and pat her on the back, and she can't help but perk up like she always does.

"I almost had you. If you'd have taken my bait at the beginning I would have laid you on your perky little butt."

>"You might have, but you didn't."
>"You didnt make it easy."
>"Let's go again, then."
>other
>>
>>43756450
>"You might have, but you didn't."
>>
>>43756450
>"You didnt make it easy."
>>
>>43756450
>>"You didnt make it easy."
>>
>>43756498
You reassure Sophia that her loss wasn't an easy win or you, and you both laugh it off. With that, she decides to turn in for bed, and you go searching for Mona.

She isn't hard to find, most of the time. She's more often than not just following you, but cloaked in sight and smell. Today however, she's decided to go to one of her favorite secluded reading spots, just near a creek that masks her page flipping and mumbling.

When you arrive, she is standing over a tome, waving her hands and trying to capture the form it describes along with the correct words.

>Watch her
>Surprise her
>Sneak up on her
>Call to her
>Other
>>
>>43756571
>>Sneak up on her
>>
>>43756571
>Watch her
>>
>>43756571
>>Sneak up on her
>>
>>43756634
You quietly approach, careful not to make so much as the crackling of a leaf.

As you reach Mona, she completes a chant, and a few blue sparks come from her hand, causing her to cheer with joy.

>compliment
>question
>>
>>43757596
>compliment
>>
>>43757596
>compliment
>>
>>43757596
>>compliment
>>
>>43757604
You tell Mona that she's grown more impressive, startling her to the point she nearly drops her book.

"You two are so mean, always sneaking around like fieldmice. Young people can have heart attacks to!"

>"I wanted to talk about tomorrow"
>"What was that spell just now?"
>Other
>>
>>43757648
>>"I wanted to talk about tomorrow"
>>
>>43757648
>>
>>43757648
>>
>>43757690
Mona seems a little embarrassed.

"Um, well, it's just a little defense magic. It's supposed to stun an enemy, so I learned it to help keep you safe from bad people and things..." Monas face burns red, and she tries to avoid looking directly at you.

>tell her you'll be fine
>thank her for the thought
>encourage her
>tease her
>Other
>>
>>43757788
>>thank her for the thought
>>encourage her
>>
>>43757788
>thank her for the thought
>encourage her
>>
>>43757788
>>tease her
>>
>>43757839
You thank Mona for always keeping you so close in mind, and tell her that her help would be greatly appreciated in te future. Her face lights up, and she can't hold back her smile.

"Y-yeah! I'll keep practicing, if you really think it will help. Oh, your trial is tomorrow, right? I was thinking, and I remembered I heard your teachers talking about it. If you wanted, I maybe could eavesdrop and try to figure out what they'll have you do?"

>yes
>no
>>
>>43757955
>no

I feel like that'll go really badly.
>>
>>43757955
>>no
>>
>>43757955
>no

disaster waiting to happen
>>
>>43757993
You tell Mona that it won't be necessary, and she turns a bit red again.

"Wow, you're so confident you'll make it you don't even need to cheat." She raises her hands to her cheeks. "Oh gosh, you're so...so..."

>Calm Mona down
>Tease Mona
>Other
>>
>>43758081
>>Tease Mona
>>
>rags finally comes back
>writes a yuri quest
This is true suffering
>>
>>43758081
>Tease Mona
>>
>>43758087
You reach out and pet Mona's head, and she responds by leaning into it with an expression of bliss. Her raven black hair is softer than it would seem, and is quite pleasing to run your fingers through.

"Mmm. I wish I could help you though." Mona angles her head to place your flexing.fingers in the spots she prefers as you go on.

>Assure her you'll be okay
>other
>>
>>43758289
>>Assure her you'll be okay
>>
>>43758253
It's not my fault everyone picked the female companions to start
>>
>>43758289
>Assure her you'll be okay
>>
>>43758305
Mona seems to be at ease now, even when you cease petting her. As it is growing late, you think it's time to turn in, and Mona's yawn alerts you to her sympathy.

>Mona Mona to bed, but stay out a little longer
>Get some rest
>>
>>43758289
>>Assure her you'll be okay
>>
>>43758451
>>Get some rest
>>
>>43758451
>>Get some rest
>>
>>43758465
The two of you return to the cramped cot you share and get a full night's sleep.

The next morning you and Sophia rise early and eat well before reporting to the training ground. There your instructor awaits, stern as ever, and looking particularly annoyed.

"Morning, pups. In accordance with our laws, the two of you are to be considered for full Rangerhood. We're it up to me, I'd have thrown you out for the bear's to have years ago, but here we are. Are the two of you prepared to do whatever is needed of you, always obeying the ancient code of our order? Are you prepared to place your lives at the foot of our proud banner?"

>"Yes"
>"Get on with it"
>>
>>43758624
>>"Get on with it
>>
>>43758624
>>"Yes"
>>
>>43758649
Your instructor is taken slightly aback, but his sneer soon turns to a grin.

"Very well. Since you're so eager, we'll get started. Both of you will spar. But today, there will be no armor, and no blunted weapons. It will be an exercise in judgment as well as skill."

The old Ranger tosses you each true weapons, which you pick up nervously.

"Begin."

You look to Sophoa, who seems entirely unwilling to strike you with a blade that may truly kill. You're own feelings are uncertain.

>Refuse
>Enter combat stance
>Surprise attack
>Other
>>
>>43758816
>>Enter combat stance
But keep the blade in your off hand, and make sure to point it away from Sophia.
>>
>>43758816
>Refuse
I'm not here to fight my comrades like this.
>>
>>43758851
You enter a ready stance, though your heart isn't truly prepared to harm Sophia. She sees this in you, and enters a halfhearted stance herself. The two of you stare each other down, nervously waiting for the other to begin. After a minute, Sophia speaks up.

"W-well? Come at me!"

>"You first."
>Attack
>Surrender
>Other
>>
>>43759051
>>Attack
make short probing attacks to test her defenses.
>>
>>43759051
>>Attack
>>
>>43759078

You step forward and begin swinging with weak attacks. Sophia avoids them easily, but she also does not put up any sort of aggressive defense. Her strategy seems to entirely consist of waiting for you to get tired and give up. You feel that neither of you is truly entertaining the spirit of battle, and a brief glance at your instructor shows that he feels the same way.

"Both of ye had better take this setiously, or you'll stick as Fledgling for another year!"

>Get serious
>Refuse to harm Sophia
>Other
>>
>>43759258
Grapple her and put her into a submission hold.
>>
>>43759258
>Other
>We're friends, we can't harm each other. That's not what being rangers is about
>...
>Why don't me and Sophia go after you?
>>
File: kakashi.jpg (183 KB, 530x399) Image search: [Google]
kakashi.jpg
183 KB, 530x399
>>43759318
>>
>>43759292
>>43759258
Yes yes, a sweaty and sticky submission hold
>>
>>43759292
Thirding
>>
>>43759318
>>43759334
You reach out and grab hold of Sophia's shirt, pulling her in and forcing her to grapple. The two of you wrestle for a few monents, reversing and throwing elbows in an attempt to gain the advantage, until you finally lock Sophia uo, and whisper into her ear. She is surprised at first, then nods.

You break away from each other, and turn on your instructor. His face is one of utter shock.

>Strike first
>Send Sophia in first
>Other
>>
>>43759473
>>Strike first
>>
>>43759473
>>Strike first
>>
>>43759473
Yell at her to remember the snake. We distracted and she attacked from the side. Throw a knife, if we have one.
>>
>>43759520
>>43759543
You rush forward with your weapon drawn, but te old Ranger has te advantage in reach, and in a flash you are grabbed by the neck, hoisted up, and tossed aside like so much rubbish.

You hit the ground hard, but return to your feet quickly enough to see Sophia hit with a brutal punch to the stomach before being thrown over the old Rangers shoulder and into the mud.

You prepare to charge again when you hear a voice whisper quietly into your ear.

"Psst. I can help you!"

>Accept
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43759710
>>Accept
>>
>>43759710
>>Refuse
>>
>>43759710
>Other
what's the catch homes
>>
>>43759710
>Refuse
>>
>>43759725
You hear rushed footsteps and observe traces of mud being flung up from the ground. Just a moment later, your instructor recoils, swings at the air, and howls with pain as e is enveloped by a burst of blue lightning. He collapses to one knee, stunned.

Sophia finds her feet, and together the two of you move for a united attack.

>Killing blow
>Knockout
>Other
>>
>>43759918
>Knockout
>>
>>43759918
>>Knockout
In the head. Hard. Let him not remember the last 5 seconds.
>>
>>43759918
>>Knockout
>>
>>43759918
>>Knockout
>>
>>43759948
>>43759986
The two of you charge into Tge old Ranger, each delivering a powerful knee to the opposite temple, knocking him out cold. Shaking, our look at one another and smile.

"Impressive, girls. You've surprised me with your loyalty and ferocity both."

Approaching now is the head Ranger. An intimidating man in his 30s, with dark brown hair untamed buy a brush, and a handsome face blemished only by a burn mark which cuts through the side of his head. He strides toward you with a sly grin, but appears to bear no animosity. When he finally reaches you, he places a hand on each of your shoulders.

" though the test was one of wisdom and strength, you showed us a great deal more. It may very well have been something that we ourselves forgot to ponder in all of these long years of exile. Normally, attacking your instructor would be grounds for punishment. However just this once, I will release you with a congratulation, and absolve you of any wrongdoing. The rest of your day is free, I will attend to your instructor."

You look to Sophoa, who is blushing, and apparently unable to speak.

>Thank him
>Pull Sophia away
>Other
>>
>>43760129
>>Thank him
>>Pull Sophia away
>>
>>43760129
>>Thank him
>>Pull Sophia away
>>
>>43760129
>Thank him
>Pull Sophia away
>>
>>43760129
>>Thank him
>Walk away
>Realise Sophia hasn't moved
>Go back
>>Pull Sophia away
>>
>>43760159
You thank him for his kindness and lead Sophia out of sight as he gathers up the heap of leather and wool that is your instructor.

Once alone, Sophia begins hopping around excitedly.

"Wow, that was amazing! I never thought we'd take down someone like him, even together! I didn't even see how you stunned him, what happened?"

>He slipped
>I had a knife concealed
>Mona helped
>Other
>>
still gotta catch up, is this yuri or is it sismance?
>>
>>43760277
>>I had a knife concealed
>>
>>43760277
>Mona helped
>>
>>43760280
Vote decides
>>
>>43760277
>>Other
"Cunning and treachery."
Reveal not our secrets in an area we have less than absolute control over.

>>43760280
Jury's still out.
>>
>>43760280
For her it's yuri. For us, it could still be either
>>
>>43760336
Hey boss, was EP3 part of this canon? I forgot. It was only 1, 2, and 5 right?
>>
>>43760456
They're the only ones that have happened by now
>>
>>43760329
You tell Sophia that in a critical moment, you flung a concealed dagger at him and struck a joint. She is thoroughly impressed.

"We never would have won without that. Hey, since we have a free day do you want to go pick berries and make jam? It's the season for the red ones!"

You ignore Sophia's negligence in studying her field manual on foraging.

>Sure
>Not now
>Other
>>
>>43760542
>Sure
>>
>>43760542
>>Sure
>>
>>43760542
>>Sure
>>
>>43760542
>>Sure
>>
>>43760562
You join Sophia in picking select berries from the forest surrounding the camp. In a few hours you have a basketfull, and retro to store them in the pantry for preserving later.

As the two of you exit the pantry, you hear hoofbeats approaching. All present Rangers take up positions, including you, and watch as two horses enter, carrying two Rangers in the saddles as well as something slung over the back of one. The Ranger mounted on that horse steps down and fetches the heap, carrying it a few paces before carelessly tossing it on the ground.

"Sir!" he salutes the head Ranger. "We were performing our scouting duties when we found an intruder. She was sobbing into the east pond, and we took her by surprise." The head Ranger approaches the intruder, weapon ready.

"Why did you bring her back here? You know the rules, all outsiders must be taken to the forests edge and left to find their own way." He begins peeling back the tarp concealing the intruder but stops when the Ranger speaks again.

"We would have sir, had we not found this nearby." The scouting Ranger produces a wreath of woven grass. "It's sweetgrass, sir. Same stuff we use to throw off hunting dogs. Someone has been harboring er, I'm sure of it. There is a traitor among us."

The other Rangers gasp and mumble amongst each other. None of them seem to want to believe what the scouting Ranger has to say. The head Ranger himself seem skeptical.

" This is a grave accusation Ranger." The head Ranger finally pulled back the tarp, and indeed, Mona lies unconscious beneath.

>Run
>Remain stoic
>Speak up
>Other
>>
>>43760786
Shit shit shit shit shit shit.

>Remain stoic
>>
>>43760786
>>Speak up
>>
>>43760835
She's gonna wake up and get questioned. Not speaking now would be even more severe. Should be done on our own terms at least
>>
>>43760786
>Speak up
>>
>>43760845
>>43760869
You shout, drawing the attention of the entire camp. The head Ranger stands and faces you with cold, calculating eyes.

"You've something to say, Ranger?"

>Bravery
>Cowardice
>Other
>>
>>43761032
>Bravery
>>
>>43761032
>>Bravery
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (19 KB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
19 KB, 320x272
>>43761032
Something about, she had your trust for two years, you just didn't know it yet.
>>
>>43761032
>Bravery
>G-guile? (rangers need it right?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw
>>
>>43761054
You confess that it was you who had been hiding Mona, and you who gave her the grass to conceal herself. The other Rangers are speechless. You look to Sophia, but her face shows not courage, only fear and anxiety.

>Involve Sophia
>Leave Sophia out
>>
>>43761249
>>Leave Sophia out
>>
>>43761249
>>Leave Sophia out
>>
>>43761249
>Leave Sophia out
It is her choice if she wants to open up alongside us.
>>
>>43761249
>>Leave Sophia out
As if it's even a question.
>>
>>43761297
You do not involve Sophoa, keeping her safe from the wrath of the others. The head Ranger approaches you, exuding a pressure you can barely stand against.

"You have betrayed a century old law of out order. You have endangered us, and committed an act of treachery and cowardice. Do you understand the charge we would levy against you, and accept the due punishment?"

>Yes
>No
>Other
>>
>>43761374
>>Yes
>>
>>43761374
>>Yes
>>
>>43761374
>Yes
>Question if it was the wrong thing to do
It's 2016, COME ON
A bundle of sticks yadda yadda, allies and friends, heats and minds
>>
>>43761374
>Yes
>>
>>43761374
>>Yes
>>
>>43761387
You agree, and in an instant two of the other Rangers grab you and drag you away. Sophia takes a step forward, but is still too afraid to say anything.

You are able to see another Ranger pick up Mona, but she is out of sight before you see where thy take her.

Sometime later, you find yourself in an empty room, tied to a chair by your ankles and wrists. Your weapons and armor have been taken. All that you have is your trousers, tunic, and boots.

You await punishment with anxiety, unail finally someone steps through the door. It is dark now, and they bare a lantern, the flame of which barely illuminates the room. It does not take long for you to deduce that it is the head Ranger. He approaches and stands before you, sturdy as an oak.

"Why. Tell me why."

>Say nothing
>Truth
>Ask something
>Other
>>
>>43761505
>Truth
>>
>>43761505
>Ask something
First, genuine concern. What did they do with Mona?
>>Truth
She's in our care more than anything, and we're attached to her
>>
>>43761505
>>Truth
>>
>>43761505
>>43761525
Second.
>>
>>43761505
>Truth

>>43761525
yep
>>
>>43761505
>>Other
>>Ask something
"Because it was the right thing to do. What did you do with her?"
Rangers, man. Bag of dicks.
>>
>>43761525
The head Ranger seems genuinely taken aback, but quixjly recovers.

"How like rats to be loyal to their own. To think I had such bright hope for you and Sophia. I thought you may have been our most promising generation. Hmph. Your friend is being questioned. We will learn all she knows of us, even if we have to squeeze it out of her one drop of blood at a time. Witholding your own intentions will only worsen her fate. So tell me, why did you turn? How long have you been plotting against us? We're you paid?"

You tell him the whole truth, but he does not take it as is.

"Lies. The offerings of a penned animal with the fear of death in them. Speak honestly now, or I'll ice your comrade a second black eye myself, to match the first."

>Insist on the truth
>Tell him what he wants to hear
>Other
>>
>>43761660
>>Insist on the truth
>>
>>43761660
>>Insist on the truth
>>
Well I'm out. Thanks for the thread OP. Good writing.
>>
>>43761660
>Insist on the truth
Cut my hands, cut my feet, lash me or drown me, our word is the truth and it shall remain so.
Should you cut my tongue, it will echo within your head until you come to understand it.
>>
>>43761660
>>Insist on the truth
>>
>>43761747
You press harder on what you've said, but he still seems unconvinced.

"Very well. If what you say is true, you never bore ill will toward the order. Would you even know pledge yourself to us? If so, we may release your comrade, so long as she never returns."

>Agree
>Refuse
>Other
>>
>>43761798
>>Other
have them make Mona a Ranger, too.
>>
>>43761798
>>Refuse
Not feeling it.
>>
>>43761798
>>43761798
>Other
Agree, but ask him if it wouldn't be better to turn her into something of use to the order. Mention her talents?
>>
>>43761901
You feel a harsh stinging pain as his hand comes across your face.

"To think that after the events of today you would be able to muster the nerve to order me. It would be admirable if it wasn't disgusting. If I cannot depend on your undying loyalty, then we have no choice. You will be executed at dawn tomorrow." The had Ranger exits, and two other come to take you away.

You are taken from the room and thrown into another, locked in and left. As the Rangers leave, you hear a voice in the dark behind you, and realize it's Mona. She is crying, as she often does, and you follow the sound until you reach her.

"Is it you? What's gonna h-happen to us?"

>lie
>truth
>other
>>
>>43762015
>>truth
BAG. OF. DICKS.
>>
>>43762015
>truth
>other
Take in your surroundings, see if we have any opportunities for an escape. If not then we'll have to do it while we're on the move, in which case we better prepare to create new chances impromptu

Sugestions are orders now, kek
Worse than the military
>>
>>43762015
>>truth
>>
>>43762063
Mona begins to sob, leaning against you.

"I'm sorry...it's my fault...after I helped you I got hit by that man. I ran away because it hurt so much, and you weren't there and I couldn't stop bawling like a baby...they caught me and now they'll hurt you. I wanted to help, buy I'm useless. I'm sorry. I never wanted this to happen."

>Tell her to get ahold of herself
>Soothe her
>Leave her and try to find a way out
>Other
>>
>>43762157
>Soothe her
>>
>>43762157
>Soothe her
Tell her it's okay, she only had your well being in mind. You'll find a way to fix things, but she needs to calm down and help you think this through.
>>
>>43762157
>>Soothe her
>>
>>43762157
>>Soothe her
>>
>>43762207
You hug Mona, and she stops sobbing eventually. She merely clings to you, shaking with fear. You try to think of a plan, but without lraving Mona on her own, you can't explore the room.

"I...I want to tell you something. Before the end."

>Listen
>Tell her to hold out
>Other
>>
>>43762270
>>Listen
>>
>>43762270

>Listen
>>
>>43762270
>>Tell her to hold out
"End's a while off, yet."
>>
>>43762300
>>43762331
"I never had a friend before I met you. I was always lonely. Sometimes I feel like this warmth I get inside when I'm with you is just something everyone feels, but I never had. I don't really know if what I'm going through is what I like to think it is, but... I really think I love you. I don't know if you feel the same way, and I would understand if you dont. But since tomorrow is..." You can tell she is holding back more tears. "Do you think you can love me back, just for tonight?"

>Pretend
>Love
>Decline
>Other
>>
>>43762432
>>Other
We're not done yet. We can do sweet nothings after we break out.
>>
File: Yuru.Yuri.full.514579.jpg (654 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Yuru.Yuri.full.514579.jpg
654 KB, 900x1200
>>43762432
>Decline
>Other
a true friend's love will last than just one night c-cutie
this isn't over yet, we'll find a way - together -

give her a sweet kissu on the the cheek
>>
File: TheAdorableEyesReflectYourSoul.jpg (41 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
TheAdorableEyesReflectYourSoul.jpg
41 KB, 500x518
>>43762432
Hnng. Too much adorable.
Don't want. Want? No.
Not sure what to do here.
>>Pretend
>>
>>43762432
>Love
>>
>>43762468
You turn Mona down. You feel her shaking stop, and soon after she rises from her seat beside you and steps away. You stand as well, but cannot see her, nor do you have time to track her by scent or sound before she acts.

"Its my fault this happened. I'll be the one to pay. I don't want to stop loving you. But it's the only thing I can give."

The room begins to feel hot and it becomes hard to breath. Suddenly two bright lights glow against the pitch black dark, and you realize it's Mona. She begins screaming bloody murder, and you hear the Rangers outside shouting.

"Get it open! He wants them alive!" The sound of keys frantically being sorted and inserted into the heavy lock follow, but before the Rangers can open the door, the walls of te room burst outward, and the Rangers are sent flying in all directions.

Mona hovers a few inches above the ground, her hair whipping wildly around d her head, still screaming. When at last she begins to settle as well as descend to the floor, all the Rangers are unconscious, including Sophia, clutching a ring of keys in her hand.

>Check on Sophia
>Check on Mona
>Other
>>
>>43762763
>Check on Mona
Is this the power of PURE LOVE?
>>
>>43762763
>>Check on Sophia
>>Check on Mona
>>
>>43762763
>>Check on Mona
Girl be crazy.
I approve. We can check Sophia in a moment.
>>
>>43762779
>>43762789
You rush to Mona's side. She seems alright save for a bad black eye and swollen cheek, and her breathing is steady, but she is fading in and out of consciousness. You try to keep her alert, but are interrupted by a heavy bootstep a few meters away. The head Ranger stands before you, hale and hardy, saber at the ready.

"Hubris. Hubris and paranoia were the villains tonight. I thought to test your honor and loyalty, and it has cost me not only my men, but also the kingdoms safety." He bows his head, sighing. "The Rangers are no more. Any left alive will be crippled. I have failed. Please, if you have any mercy in you, just go. Go and leave me to care for my charges."

He stows his weapon and kneels to pick up Sophia, cradling her to his chest.

>Leave
>Ask something
>Other
>>
>>43762933
>Leave
>>
>>43762933
>Ask
"Are there none alive? Is Sophia..."
>Other
Tell him we'll be in debt with them for helping cause this
>>
>>43762933
>>Ask something
ask about Sophia.
>>
>>43762933
>>Leave
Not feeling much in the way of pity for this arsehole.
>>
>>43762933
>Ask about Sophia
>>
>>43763000
Nice trips.
That said, if he was really just testing us and it ended with a little genocide it kinda went awry in a really fucked up way.
>>
>>43762973
>>43762982
>>43763027
"She will live. But she took a great deal of the force of that blast. What life she will awake to I cannot say. She defended you to the last. When I told her the truth, she nearly took my head." He brushes some of the hair from her face. "The poor babe we took in. The child we nursed and raised. If I could have given you a better home, it was my own sentiment that prevented me."

>Leave
>Other
>>
>>43763100
>Other
pledge that we will owe Sophia/the Rangers for what transpired here
then leave, uh we taking Mona right?
>>
>>43763100
>>Leave

>>43763137
>pledge that we will owe Sophia/the Rangers for what transpired here
Fuck that. They brought it on themselves.
>>
>>43763100
>>Leave
>>
>>43763156
Did Sophia? He just said she tried to defend us. And while I understand that he acted like a dick, e v e r y o n e just died, probably everyone that lived and raised the girl too,.
>>
>>43763207
Sophia's good. And were she conscious to hear it I would vote to thank her.
But pledging to this guy? Really?
He got his own people killed. And while he recognised that this is because he tried to be clever and fucked up, he still fucked up. Badly. For no discernible reason. He is owed nothing.
>>
>>43763314
Okay then.
Well like you said, if she was awake. Then instead leave the parting words for the dude to relay, no?
>>
>>43763137
Your words fall on def ears, as the Ranger solemnly gazes at Sophia's silent face.

"Your honor is not in doubt. Leave now, before the night grows too dark."

You sling Mona over your back and carry her away from the silent camp. The further you walk, the thicker the night seems to grow.

After what feels like hours, you must finally stop to rest. You have no food it water, but the forest will provide. Suddenly you hear noise, like low panting. You stand and peer around. The dark is blinding, but you know the sound of a dog, and can deduce what the creatures are that surround you now.

You pick up a branch and brandish it.

"Now now, there's no need for that. We're not going to hurt you, little bird."

The voice cimes.from everywhere and nowhere.

>Warn the wolves
>Remain silent
>Other
>>
>>43763338
Fair dos. We owe her.
Not the rangers. Her, and her alone.
>>
>>43763359
>Warn the wolves
>>
>>43763359
>Other
Ask if it is related to Russ? That cheeky smile reminded me of that naughty boy

>>43763369
Agreed
>>
>>43763359
>>Warn the wolves
>>
>>43763359
>>Remain silent
Curious. Warn them of what, I wonder?
>>
>>43763377
>>43763414
You tell the wolves to stay back. There eyes glow in the night, instilling dread in you. Now and then one grows bold and steps forward, but you manage to hold them off with the threat of violence.

"Little bird locked away. Now she's free, but doesn't know how to fly. I can teach you to fly." A new set of eyes, these blue where the others have been yellow, moves closer. The stick does not deter them. Before you in the dark, they rise high, nearly to the level of your own, and a cold, damp hand clutches the side of your neck.

"Would you like to learn?"

>Fight
>Run
>Other
>>
>>43763531
>>Fight
>>
>>43763531
>Other
Who are you and what do you want from us?
>>
File: BraveSirRobin.jpg (63 KB, 720x276) Image search: [Google]
BraveSirRobin.jpg
63 KB, 720x276
>>43763531
>>Run
NOPENOPENOPENOPE
Scary mofo senses triggered. Leg it.
>>
You guys want to go a few more hours or should we wrap
>>
>>43763602
I wouldn't mind a few more hours, but if you're tired now, we should probably take a break.
>>
>>43763602
If you're asking, I'm guessing you're as tired as I am.
Wrap it up for now. There's always the morning.
>>
>>43763602
I'm pretty tired.
>>
File: 1423699240563.jpg (207 KB, 627x500) Image search: [Google]
1423699240563.jpg
207 KB, 627x500
>>43763602
Up to you boss, certainly would love more but if you decide to call it quits then that's that.
>>
>>43763614
>>43763636
>>43763644
>>43763650
I'm pretty wide awake, but this feels like a good cliffhanger. We'll continue the adventure next time.

Thanks to everyone who came by, keep an eye on the twitter for thread times.

Hope everyone had fun
>>
>>43763683
good night, Rags. It was fun playing with you again.
>>
>>43763683
Sure had plenty of fun. See you next time!
And damn, the 2 year anniversary of RtR is in 14 days
>>
>>43763683
Thanks for running, Rags. Have a nice night.
>>
>>43763719
It all started with a silent farmboy who loved redheads
>>
File: jmXru.jpg (64 KB, 868x333) Image search: [Google]
jmXru.jpg
64 KB, 868x333
All great heroes enjoy the pleasures of redheads.
>>
>>43763748
archived, by the way
>>
>>43754193
Oh shit, when'd RtRQ come back? I'll try to be here for some of it, after I've gotten back up to date.
>>
>Propose she helps our test
>Few hours later genocide and exile
I don't even. Why did we leave Sophia there
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.