[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Quest Of The Faceless: Act 1, Scene 7: The Ones That Return
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 3
File: The Faceless.jpg (116 KB, 644x482) Image search: [Google]
The Faceless.jpg
116 KB, 644x482
Welcome one, and I welcome you all to the tale of a world called Thespia.

Here is the odyssey of one that clings to this world with no face of their own! In a place where magic is fundamental to all of creation, all who live wear their lives upon their face, where a fire might wish to be the cooking fire of an inn!

Previously the Faceless set boundaries with a clingy Protean foxwoman, letting her know of his role's status as a widowed man. Bereft with guilt, she had begun to flee yet the faceless urged her to stay.

Feeling that the rebels could potentially become a greater fighting force with the right "Allies," The Faceless incites them to seek out pacts, finding the old innkeep, Valce a friend in a simple campfire while the Huntress, Oddette, made do with a far more vicious partner.

As she performed her trial, The faceless assisted Mira in getting her two pacts to work together and let the girl train on her own as he fell into slumber and saw visions of his Face's past.

His old allies and friends under the cloak of night and a young Hylon King by the name of Acer...

What trials shall we overcome? We shall see.

The Twitter!
> https://twitter.com/Faceless_Quest
If you have questions...
>http://ask.fm/Dranzy

And a log of the quest!
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Quest%20Of%20The%20Faceless

And The Faceless!
http://pastebin.com/dDstf0SN
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tSSj5LC8tI

Reliving a memory from your face's past, you awake with a start in the late evening of the day. You awaken with your heart racing fast and a cold sweat despite the cloak of the Ursarinn you wear. Some of the Guisi are eating, enjoying a dinner around Valce's newly pacted fire, you still hear the sounds of heavy arrows striking wood like an ax from Odette's trial.

Rubbing your face, you realize that you've a newly found sense of loss and loneliness from the memory of old comrades. They were people that you had known all your life. Cas was a ratcatcher's daughter, Lupei a carpenter from the very same family that'd built Aurel up from the ground... And others that had all sworn vengeance against the Hylon.
The greatest talent of the Guisi perhaps is the ability to rise from their professions and take up arms when the need arises...

The end however, with that Hylon King and yourself clashing? Everything stops there. You feel as though that's the last memory you had before..

“Avar and Rava took me.” The face whispers bitterly from within.

Letting out a slow breath, you steady your nerves and think more on the dream. You learned two more things in fact: This face's real name, Dramir. Dramir of Aurel, and he can fly.

Resting with your eyes closed for a moment, you center yourself, letting yourself relax before heading over to see how Odette's trial is going.
>>
>>43746170

As you walk over, the white-haired woman's still got her horns out, curling back long and underneath her ears before flowing forward and accentuating her ebon beauty. Her eyes have turned a dark blood red as she unleashes one powerful arrow after another. Her black bow has grown more savage in appearance, sweeping back and bearing a complex latticework of tendons to create something of a facsimile of a compound bow. You can only imagine the strength that Odette must have to keep pulling it into full draw and letting an arrow, causing a tree to be nearly cut in half from the impact.

Blood stains the bandages that you'd wrapped her fingers in, and still she continues, watched by other Guisi in awe, and feared by the ones retrieving her arrows.

“Have you completed the pact yet, Odette?”

“Nay Reaper. Till Luna kisses the night again.”Odette says between clenched teeth before looking up at the slowly darkening sky, “Soon.”

>[Watch the ends of her trial, be there for her when she makes her pact.]
>[Seek out Mira and teach her through sparring.]
>[Separate yourself from the rest to test out your abilities]
>[Ask The Protean, Eko, how to use magic.]
>[Write in]
>>
>>43746188
>>
>>43746188
>[Watch the ends of her trial, be there for her when she makes her pact.]
>>
>>43746188
She seems to have the situation under control so we should test our own strength.
double feature is going to kill me
>>
>>43746188
We could meet a Hylon like in the flashback so better safe than sorry
>>
>>43746188
>[Ask The Protean, Eko, how to use magic.]
>>
>>43746188

With a nod to one of the others spectating Odette's trial, you slip off into the woods, heading away from the others to train alone.

You take a deep breath of the evening air and listen carefully to the crunch of fallen leaves underfoot. Some of them complain halfheartedly, at the end of their own cycles as it is. The air itself is cool and the wind breaks upon the trees, rustling their canopies as you trudge the under story. Reaching a clearing, you still yourself and hold a breath as you listen to ensure that you weren't followed.

A moment passes and you let yourself relax.

“What will we be doing this time, boy?” Your scythe whispers from around your arm.

With a flourish, you snap its shape from gauntlet to its original form in one movement. “I had another dream of who I used to be... It was brief, however I believe we flew.”

“... Aye.” Says the scythe, “Do you know your name yet?”

“Dramir. It's not a bad name, reminds me of something peaceful.”

“Indeed, boy. Finally learned the name of who you impersonate. Yes, Dramir once flew with the power of the owl and my wind under his wings. It took him a long time to practice long flight...”

“Could I have that ability ready in time for a fight?” You ask, getting to the point and staying critical of your immediate “If you're capable. You could at least learn to charge blindly into the enemy's sword.”

You stare at the scythe in silence.

Its blade seems to catch the evening light and grin with the orange glow of Sol's set. “If you're capable, you could do more than that.”

>[Practice extensive form changing(Write in what you want, accepting 3 most voted if this wins)]
>[Practice flight... Though you're not sure how well you'll do at it yet.]
>[Practice already known forms and try to glean The Reaper's martial skills.]
>[Work on wind mastery, you're sure you can get that blade to become sharper and fly farther.]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>43746657
Most utility
>>
>>43746657
Or
>[Work on wind mastery, you're sure you can get that blade to become sharper and fly farther.]
Flight could horribly backfire
>>
>>43746657
Fuck yeah flight.
>>
>>43746657
and
best synergy
>>
>>43746657
>>
>>43746657
This is like candy
>>
>>43746657
>>
I almost forgot to mention that "Extensive form changing" also applies to The Reaper's ability to shapeshift his appearance.
>>
>>43746657
>>
>>43746815
You gave us flying as an option
>>
>>43746657
>>
>>43746657

You think for some moments on what you'll focus upon, and you resolve that flight is the best answer. Though you may need to work on wind mastery as well to increase its accuracy, it is clearly the greatest utility

Unsure of exactly where to start, you decide to look inward and listen to the one that you wear.

“I have possessed the owl's shadow for a very long time, yet flight is one of the last things I learned... Here is where you should start...”

Following the instructions of your face, you find yourself enough room for a running start, the scythe drawn in its more scythe-like form, yet with its blade perpendicular to the haft. Hunkering low into a runner's stance, you drive forward in full sprint as the scythe seizes the wind with its wicked blade. As you feel your feet begin to lift off of the ground, you suddenly panic and tumble, rolling into a tree, slamming into it with your back.

Getting up with the groan of an old man, you shake off the damage, realizing it's just a start.

“Don't lead, let the scythe lead you. It is your wind.”

Assuming the stance again, you drive forward once more, letting the scythe take more control of your movements, suddenly feeling a pull as you fly forward, straight for a tree. Taken with sudden panic you lean away and the scythe follows suit as you barely evade the tree in your path and then lean back as though to stop, planting your feet upon another tree and pushing off, letting the wind carry you and the scythe lead the flight.

This time, you let yourself come to a stop among the grasses and give the scythe a twirl, feeling a twister updraft suddenly pick up around you.

You look up, and get to thinking that maybe, just maybe you could take this farther.

>[Fly higher, you will have no limit!]
>[Stick to the ground for now, can't risk a broken anything from a fall like that.]
>>
>>43747067
You're an asshole
>>
>>43747067
What could possibly go wrong
>>
>>43747067
Forgot to put
>[Write In.]
As an option.
It's almost always an option.

>>43747108
What?
>>
>>43747067
We need this ability we just have to trust the scythe
>>
>>43747067
>[Stick to the ground for now, can't risk a broken anything from a fall like that.]
>>
>>43747133
>What?
I hate this prompt.
I want to take "Fly higher" but there's a 60% chance it blows up in our face because you're you
>>
>>43747067
>>
>>43747067
>>
>>43747067
>>
File: img000009.png (110 KB, 339x443) Image search: [Google]
img000009.png
110 KB, 339x443
>>43747182

Can't make an omelette without breaking a few leggs.

Writing.
>>
>>43747229
That's a bad pun even for you
>>
>>43747067
>>[Fly higher, you will have no limit!]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzDVaKRApcg

I hope we get a super cool flying montage to this song
>>
>>43747067

You close your eyes and feel for the voice of the scythe, the subtle whispers and the dialogue it has with the wind. Once more, you twirl it about with a great flourish, letting it rapture the wind into another updraft. As it blows up, stronger than before you feel your courage and determination building.

Once again, you twirl the scythe, this time letting yourself go from the earth as the wind picks you up a few feet before dropping back down.

“I want us to fly through the air.” You state out loud.

“If you are capable.” The scythe grins back again, “And I'm really believing that you are. This took The Reaper months of training to master.”

“I'm privileged to wear his experience.” You raise the scythe up for this final flourish, “Let's go.” Spinning the scythe, this time you dance with it, letting the scythe spin by itself across your arms. You can hear the mad thing laughing as though it's having a jolly good time as the wind is ensnared by its presence. With a pause, you hold the scythe still before the final motion and you can see the faint threads leading out into the air that it's latched onto. Sweeping, you let it all go and lift off, blasting up through the canopy. The force catches you off guard, but you recover as you instinctively regain balance and let the scythe lead.
>>
>>43747468

Feeling the wind brush against your face, you look down to see the forest becoming smaller as you draw more than a couple hundred feet up. Aiming downward, you sweep an arm back and let yourself fall after the scythe. With a deep breath, you can feel your heart racing as the fear of the fall encroaches upon you, yet you trust the scythe and its wind as the fall turns into speed and that speed into a forward flight. Once you realize that you've begun to acquire more lift and ceased to full you find yourself breaking out into a smile even as the rush of wind stings your eyes.

You let the scythe guide you, and let the wind carry you naturally. Bringing the blade back, you sweep toward the ground and send yourself into a spin as more wind rushes after you, ensnared by the scythe's power.

As Sol rides the horizon, you realize that Luna's night is almost here. It's almost time for Odette to make her pact.

>[Come down for a landing near the camp. Likely Odette will appreciate your presence.]
>[Look for the slave mines. Might as well use this opportunity to scout.]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>43747486
Inb4 we get shot down or spotted
>>
>>43747486
>[Come down for a landing near the camp. Likely Odette will appreciate your presence.]
Let's not push it
>>
>>43747486
>>
>>43747486
>>
>>43747486
>>
>>43747486
>>
>>43747486
Want to see crazy she's becoming
>>
File: Dramir and mira.gif (2 MB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
Dramir and mira.gif
2 MB, 500x275
Anyone else getting a Zaheer vibe from Dramir?
>>
>>43748034
I don't watch Avatar.
>>
>>43748070
You're missing out man, its pretty good, but Zaheer is this crazy anarchist revolutionary who can fly, and can be pretty brutal sometimes
>>
>>43748034
I don't see it.
Also interaction with Mira reminds me in some way of Alucard/Seras.
Though I don't know why
>>
>>43748122
The reaper isn't an anarchist though.
Like at all
>>
>>43748126
It's the shadow powers.
>>
>>43747486

As you fly, letting your life by controlled by the whims of the wind your scythe ensnares, you let yourself come down lower as you bank long for a turn back to your camp. You can see their fires among the growing shadows of the woods and come in low, sweeping the scythe across to catch air for a sudden halt, and drop down into a tree, catching yourself by the hooked blade of your scythe.

With a swing for momentum, you pop to another branch and then land on the ground upon hands and feet to distribute the impact. Wiping a cold sweat from your brow, only now do you realize how much that all took out of you. It'll take more practice to take flight more quickly, though you feel as though you have a good grasp of the skill now.

The other Guisi seem mildly surprised by your return. “Off to train again, Reaper?” One of them says.

“Aye, how'd you know?”

The Guisi chuckles, and gives you shrug, “It's what we're all up to. We've heard from Mira what you can do with that Scythe of yours, likely takes more room than anything here I figure.”

You look over the Guisi man, acknowledging him with your eyes. You can tell that he has a decent build, dirty fingernails like the others. His face however, it bears the slightest scaling upon his cheek, likely from another arche. “I don't believe I ever caught your name.”

“Name's Yurik.” He touches the scales on his cheek, “Oh, these?”

You nod, refraining from asking about them outright.

“Drezar scales. Parents always told me I was clever. Made me proud until the Danhor mocked me for being half lamb, and part lizard. Can't wait to put an arrow between that one's eyes.”

You nod, and walk on as the young man follows after, “Odette, has she made her pact yet?”

“Not yet...” Says Yurick.
>>
Still here Dran?
>>
>>43748326

You come upon Odette's clearing, still firing away arrows with red determination burning in her eyes like a woman possessed. The camp's crowded around her to see the end of her feat. Indeed, this is cause that they'd all be excited for. After an entire day of shooting arrows with only an hour's rest, she'll have partnered with a bow that's every bit as thirsty for blood.

Another arrow flies and it cuts down a sapling with its incredible force.

You take a seat where she can see you and another Guisi gives you a waterskin that you're incredibly thankful for. Three more arrows fly until Luna kisses her with light, and the entire swath of the woods felled by her berserk bow.

Once the tension passes, and Odette realizes she's won, she wobbles in place as the red resolve vanishes from her eyes. Sweat and tears run down her face as she holds her left arm, still holding the bow, the fingers of her right hand bleeding.

“Congratulations woman, you are not so useless after all.” The vile voice of the black bow whispers to its master.

“With... This deed... I sign our pact with blood. Black Bow Of Unyielding Woe. I am your master, and we will butcher our foes.” Odette declares with a painful triumph.

“With this deed I acknowledge our pact. You are my master, and I shall fly arrows that cut your prey asunder.” The bow whispers back as though its smile is dripping already with gore.

Dark red threads erupt from the bow's string and bend, wrapping around Odette's left arm before seeking out her heart and then reaching for her face. Unlike Valce, the process is invasive, painful as she cries out from the Bow's violent embrace. The threads finally settle and the fates of Odette and that bow are bound.
>>
>>43748347

“Show them our power!” The Bow roars and Odette picks up another arrow, drawing it back with renewed fervor. With her horns fully out that redness returns to her eyes as she lets an arrow fly for a full grown tree, the impact great and resounding before the old tree falls with a terrified wail.

You cringe, yet see that a simple arrow's cleaved out more than a meter of wood from its victim.

The other Guisi clap, and cheer for Odette. She smiles painfully back to them as she drops her bow to the side. As you watch her, you notice her wavering...

>[Rush up to catch her.]
>[Tell the others that she's going to fall.]
>[Let it happen.]
>[Write In.]
>>
>>43748358
>[Rush up to catch her.]
>>
>>43748358
>[Rush up to catch her.]
>>
>>43748358
>[Rush up to catch her.]
>>
>>43748358
>[Let it happen.]
>>
>>43748358
>[Rush up to catch her.]
If we have enough energy otherwise
>>
>>43748358
this >>43748434
>>
>>43748358
>>
>>43748358
>>
>>43748358

Your eyes don't fail you, you can tell that she's well beyond her limit after all that. You rush up, while she's in the middle of receiving the cheers from the others. As you move toward her, your eyes meet right before they start to roll up from her fatigue and her body sways one last time before falling.

You catch her in your arms, and she blearily looks up at you.

“You've done well Odette. You can rest now, you've won your trial.” You say with a gentleness in your voice that actually pulls the strings of your own heart by the lingering of some other memory.

Slowly, you set her down and look to the others, “I'll need someone to help me carry her, she needs water and Valce's fire to treat her exhaustion.”

Yurik is the one to answer first, and helps you lift Odette up to carry her away. Aside from the merciless slaughter of trees, the night is quiet...

Someone brings Odette a cloak to keep away the cold, while Valce's fire steadily banishes the exhaustion. Mira comes back from the woods, and takes a seat, holding her needle with a long strong of rawhide wrapped around her hand. Mira wears a haunted look for someone so young and you don't blame her. Needless to say, by the amount of dirt and grass stains she's gotten on her clothes, she's been busy herself.

“Odette won her pact?” Mira asks with a quiet voice as she stares on.

“Aye,” You say flatly, staying beside the woman. “Seems like she went through a lot for it... What did you need to do for that snake?”

Mira looks from the fire, to you, frowns, and then looks back to the fire. “I had to let it bite me. It said that if I was a liar the venom would kill me.”

“Kind of ironic to say to a Guisi, isn't it?”

Mira shakes her head, “It asked me if I took the Ursarinn's eye. It wanted to know for sure.”

“The venom your needle has may have that sort of property as well.”
>>
>>43748887

Mira nods into her knees, “I thought about that. I'll try it on the Hylon and Danhor. They deserve it.” Mira gets up, “I'm going to keep practicing. Tell Odette I said “Congratulations.”

You nod and Mira heads back into the woods, vanishing again.

Looking down to Odette, you find your eyes drawn to her features. Her snow white hair spills over her shoulders with nothing to tie it back. Her face is marked by the Guisi horns that you've come to know as well as the gentle long ears of your kind.

You recall that her teeth were different from the others however, sharp or pointed?

You can't quite remember what Arche that feature is from...

>[Pull back Odette's lips gently to check her teeth.]
>[Stay by Odette's side until she awakens.]
>[Leave Odette's side and assist Mira with training through sparing.]
>[Let sleep take you and wash away your exhaustion.]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>43748903
>>
>>43748903
Need to be fresh for the fight
>>
>>43748903
I want to know
>>
>>43748903
>>
>>43748903
>>
>>43748903
We need to work on our technique anyway
>>
>>43748903
>>
>>43748903
>>
>>43748903
>[Stay by Odette's side until she awakens.]
>>
>>43748903

Under the crackle of campfire, you stay beside Odette during her recovery, making yourself comfortable against the chill of Luna's night in your own cloak. Weary from the day, you end up leaning back against a stone jutting out of the earth. A hard, but welcome comfort as you watch the slowly float by in the sky.

You start thinking again about the Arches, and realize that Dramir must know at least the basic idea behind each one, yes? You search out for the constellation that had shown more brightly to you, though you can't quite see it yet.

Looking over, you can't quite stop thinking about Odette's teeth, and like a child, you let that curiosity take you. After looking out, to make sure that the others are occupied with sleep or some other task, you lean towards Odette and gently move her hair out of the way of her face. With a gentle touch, you place your finger upon the corner of her mouth. With a slow push, her lips pull back to reveal her ivory teeth. They're wide at the bottom, yet narrow and pointed at the top, not unlike a bear trap.

With close examination, you start to look over her other less noticeable features...

Over the crest of her right eyebrow there's a small silver mark that looks almost like a bow. Her nose is dainty for a woman of the fields, maybe implying some case of personal preening? Her lips are plush and feminine, what you'd expect of any woman. Her cheekbones are set a little low, likely implying that she's not adverse to brawls.

As you look her over, you notice a mark upon her collarbone, the mark of a lash scarred over and healed. It's likely that she has marks such as that hidden under her clothes like the others. Something in you wonders how a Thespian could ever claim themselves to be good and kind, or even have happiness with a family when they inflict such horror upon others.

What kind of monster would...
>>
>>43749624

Kneeling beside Odette, you start to feel something else within you. As you look at her deeply, you feel a strange sort of bond... and then something knocks against your being.

You feel a rush of warmth as the smell of a roast wafts from an open oven, your children playing outside. Poking your head out of the window, you tell them that dinner's ready. As they wrap up their games, you set the roast by the window and place a small cut of meat on the floor for the shy Dormouse to collect. It looks up to you, squeaking, before scampering off to its own little family.

The memories shift suddenly to the smell of roasting flesh, everyone gathered in a square a Danhor with glowing red eyes from neath a visor takes off his helm to let his statue-like features displayed to the world. Despite the malice in his eyes, his expression is serene until his lips part into a Makoh-toothed smile, made all the more wicked by the contrast. “Is this all of them?” He says to another as he tosses away his helm to his squire.

A distant voice says “All that chose not to fight, sir.”

“Good.” The Makoh-toothed Danhor looks back to the pyres. “You Guisi, when will you ever learn? Fight against the lord's wishes and your bodies will burn, and spirits turned to dust.”

You scream inaudibly at the man as they throw another eviscerated corpse into the fire. He turns to you and fear shakes your being.

“This woman?”

“From the outskirts, sir. We believe her to be the Huntsman's wife.”

“I don't think I like the look in ” The man brings his gauntlet across your face and you snap out of the memories with a sudden flinch.
>>
>>43749632

Squinting hard, you don't notice that Odette's woken up. She looks up at you and reaches for your cheek as you kneel besides her, “Reaper, you can't cry.” She says with a tired expression as she brushes the tears away from your face. “It doesn't suit those silver eyes of yours.” She smiles slightly as she looks up to you.

>[“You've lost much, haven't you?”]
>[Say nothing and hold her hand.]
>[Go to sleep.]
>[Write in]
>>
>>43749655
>>
>>43749655
>[Go to sleep.]
>>
>>43749632
>“I don't think I like the look in her eyes,” The man brings his gauntlet across your face and you snap out of the memories with a sudden flinch.
>>
>>43749655
>[Go to sleep.]
>>
>>43749655
Or
>[Go to sleep.]
>>
>>43749655
>[Go to sleep.]
>>
>>43749655
>>
>>43749655
>[Say nothing and hold her hand.]
>>
>>43749655
You look into Odette's eyes for a moment and the woman stares back into yours before turning away. She rolls over, clutching the cloak, flinching at the pain in her fingers, shifting, and finally settling. “Good night Reaper. Don't cry in front of the others... They need you to be strong.”

You turn away, pulling your own cloak over yourself for the night. You press your eyes closed, and still smell the burning flesh from the memory and the force of that gauntlet against your face. It takes you a moment to shake it off, but you finally close your eyes and find darkness. Before you sleep, you look back to her, staring quietly for a moment. By the way she's breathing, you figure her for asleep and say, “You've lost much, haven't you?”

Her breath chokes for a moment and her body trembles.

You close your eyes and let sleep take you.
In your dreams, you feel as though you're slowly falling. It feels like an eternity, yet you finally stop. Getting up, you see a figure curled up before you. It slowly stands, looking back to you. “Hello, Whoever you are.” The voice is similar to that of the one you wear. It's-

“Dramir.” You say with a solemn, methodical tone. “I suppose, this is the only way for us to speak man to man... I am sorry that we've had to meet like this.”

You offer a hand as an extension of friendship. Dramir turns and walks up, taking your hand in his. He looks at you with pale yellow eyes, “I'd feared the worse when I was worn by a nobody like you. I wanted to say... You're not a bad person. I can respect you.”
>>
>>43750015

He lets go of your hand. “I've been... trying to help you along the way here. I do not know when our adventures will end so long as we dance in the palms of that brother and sister.” He looks down, “I am a simple man, I know nothing of curses or the threads of fate. I've simply done what I thought was right, and killed those that make Thespia a worse place to be. If you need my help with anything, don't be afraid to ask, so long as the cause is just, I'm here with you.”

>[“That means a lot to me Dramir... Thank you.”]
>[“Do you resent Rava and Avar?”]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>43750029
and
>What should we expect for the battle?
>>
>>43750029
Do you know what to expect during our raid/battle tomorrow (?)
>>
>>43750029
>>
>>43750029
and one of these
>>43750075
>>43750055
>>
>>43750029
>>
>>43750075
This
>>
>>43750029

“That means a lot to me Dramir, thank you.” You say with a bow of your head. “You've helped me discover parts about myself, of my own memories, that were long forgotten...” You shake your head, feeling a little strange all of a sudden.

“I suppose it would be in poor taste to say that I think of us as friends... Though I don't think friends wear each other's faces.

Dramir stifles a small laugh that echoes out into the white, “Nay, indeed they do not.”

“What should we expect for the battle?” You ask, and Dramir shrugs his shoulders.

“I'd think that everyone would be concentrated into bunkhouses for slaves or “The Help” as Hylon like to call it. There will be guards and patrols at key location and watches change like clockwork. Never expect a Danhor to be tired, their loyalty to their oaths is stronger than any sand Luna might sprinkle in their eyes.”

Dramir thinks for a moment, “I'd also recommend my rules for engagement: One, never engage an enemy when they have the advantage. Two, Always engage when you have the advantage. Three, cut off the head and the snake dies. Danhor are nothing without their chain of command and if their Hylon dies they lose their reason to fight.”

You bow your head again, “Thank you, I'll take this to heart... I do have another question for you.” You say, somewhat hesitant as you're not certain how you feel yourself.

“What is it?”

“Do you resent Rava and Avar?”

Dramir is silent for a moment as he thinks, “I'm not sure if I resent them. I'd like to see my old comrades again. But if my face wasn't here, then these people would've died. I can't say that I like their methods, however as far as I can tell they're out for the greater good and you're just trying to do the right thing. I'll say that I hate them, but I'm scared of them more than anything else.”
>>
>>43750259

“Why is that?”

“Because I get the feeling, especially if they're telling the truth, they've seen everything happen countless times. You can't stay normal, or even sane like that.”

You nod slightly to that, “I hadn't considered...”

“Be careful with them.” The white of this empty space seems to expand, consuming everything, “For both our sakes.”
You blink your eyes open to the warmth of Sol, the busy sounds of the rebels practicing bright and early. You find Odette still asleep beside you as you shake off the heat from the blanket and perform some slow stretches.

You eat some cured meat for breakfast and down some water from a skin as you wait for the rest of the stragglers to shake off their slumber.

Today is the day that you all move again. It's time to free the others and cut down the Danhor that serve cruel masters.

The group moves forward with you at the lead. It's not long before you start to see the signs of civilization. Logged trees, and steady streams of smoke pouring from crudely burning fires.

Though three days away for a ragged bunch, you all manage to pathfind very easily to get to the outskirts of an extensive mining encampment.

Keeping your distance, you peer from the end the treeline that's been logged for acres. The soil is dark and gray from scorched terra and ash and unearthed. There's streams of smoke pouring out of the entrances to tunnels. You see that some carts wheel out ores, and others are covered in tarps. Multiple wooden watchtowers built up to keep sight over everyone in the camp, being manned by archers with bells for alert. This seems like the type of place that's hard to get in, and harder to get out.

You see many tents and some loghouses made shabby without the touch of a proper carpenter.

It's far bigger than you'd thought, and without the woods for a good mile around it'll be hard to perform the guerrilla warfare that you've been preparing for.
>>
>>43750434

Though if there were cause for some of the guards to investigate, that could lead them into your territory...

Approaching them in a full frontal assault might be an option, even if it is a stupid one. If an assault force distracted the guards while a splinter detachment sneaked in it could be possible to sabotage the camp and kill the guards and taskmaster as they sleep.

Conversely, sneaking in under cover of night is also an option, though you and Mira are the only ones with any sort of nightvision.

Or you could let everyone be captured, and fight your way out from within. If you found the head of the snake, the rest would fall...

>[Assault and sabotage route.]
>[Night operations, they won't know what hit them.]
>[Let the contracted be captured, the others will wait wait for a signal.]
>[Write in.]
>>
>>43750446
If they carry torches or stand around fires they are easy targets for Archers
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750468

That's a good point to make. Anyone else have anything to add for how they'd like the stealth operation to go down?

Could run with distraction, sabotage, some kind of destruction. Let's hear it.
>>
>>43750580
Sneaking in and after a set time the Archer's start shooting.
That will distract the guards and leave the commanders open for assassination.
That one Guisi who contracted fire can set fire to buildings inside the fortification to create further chaos
>>
>>43750446
>>
>>43750580
How destructive is the fire Valce contracted?
Could it be used to set huts etc. on fire?
>>
Whelp, late to the party

>>43748347
......waaaait. So she WASN'T irreversibly bonded yet? We could have unstrung the sinew and strung it to the actual bows kept by the scouts? I thought the only reason we didn't was due to the strength requirement, but if she was firing enough arrows to fell trees ANYWAY....

>>43750446
for night operations, wind blades are better than arrows for putting out torches without seeming strange.

if Mira can string thread with her needle, tripwires set in the cover of the put out torches can be used.

actual kills should be done by the non-contracted, to maintain the illusion of weakness until the last moment.
>>
>>43750580
Does the faceless know the "speciality" of the Danhor and Hylon arches?
If yes what are they?
>>
>>43750675
>>43750580
when accuracy and speed is favored more over not leaving evidence: tie a loose net or cloth between 2 arrows, and fire them at once at a single torch. Or would bolas be more appropriate?
>>
>>43750675
>but if she was firing enough arrows to fell trees
I thought that was because she contracted the bow of suffering and murder
>>
>>43750796
which is why I'm confused. I mean, if she managed to fire enough arrows from the compound bow for the contract to start, wouldn't it be the same?
>>
>>43750816
The bow had been changing to meet her needs. It understood that it had untapped power and a weak spine. It fixed those and took on a form that better suits the desired power.

In this case, it's become a bow that doesn't necessarily have the greatest range, but its power is very real. Although she'd fired enough arrows before the pact to fell saplings, post-pact it took down a tree in one shot.
>>
>>43750852
that doesn't answer the question: So she WASN'T irreversibly bonded yet? We could have unstrung the sinew and strung it to the actual bows kept by the scouts?

Like, is the pact thing something that you can't stop once the contract starts, even before it finalizes? Is there some leftover hatred from the scout's bow against Guisi that prevented contracts?
>>
>>43750887
I wondered for a while what bows you were talking about
>>
>>43750676
Neither Dramir nor the faceless are sure what the details of Danhor pacts are.

However, Dramir seems to know that Hylon pact's specialties are centered around their pride.
When a Hylon is "King Of" It refers to them being peerless in a given skill and contracted as such.

The extent of power that these pacts give vary from Hylon to Hylon.

>>43750887
It was the voice of that bow that she heard, if it'd been restrung, she might not have been able to hear its whisper.

Aside, there's significance about the fact that the String and wood both came from the same place.

>>43750675
So wind blades to snuff out the lights, Mira handles tripwires with what thread she has, and rely on the non-contracted for kills.

Anything you'd like Odette to do in particular? Or just stay with the other archers?

>>43750652
Valce's fire is more for rest and recuperation. It may need some convincing to cause outright destruction.
>>
>>43750966
>It was the voice of that bow that she heard, if it'd been restrung, she might not have been able to hear its whisper.
ah, that would be bad.

>Aside, there's significance about the fact that the String and wood both came from the same place.
oooh, interesting.

>Oddete
I'm personally voting to have her hang back. Stay hidden until they pull out their own contracted and let her take a cheap shot with extreme prejudice.
>>
>>43750966
Than don't use the fire and tell Odette to aim at the highest ranked target.
Assuming they have special uniforms
>>
>>43750966
Just have her stay with the Archers to destroy things too tuff for uncontracted guisi
>>
>>43750446

Pulling the others back into the treeline, you hash out a rough plan with what they remember of the encampments looking like. The main things to worry about for a night assault are: The spotters from the watchtowers catching sight of anyone under Lunlight. Getting past the Palisade, and then finding the higher ranking guards and taskmaster. At the very least there shouldn't be Hylon here as it's not in their agenda to oversee operations such as this. Likely, the self-proclaimed lord would be at a manor some distance away reaping the wealth of the labor that your people commit.

Out of the six contracted you have among your forces, only three are inherently combat ready, Yourself, Odette, and Mira. Ira has a hoe from his family's fields, Valce has his campfire, and Cornel has a pickaxe. Cornel's pickaxe could be useful in removing a piece of the Palisade rather quietly and if he wields it right, could probably probably take out a couple guards.

“Odette, you'll stay back with the other archers. You'll fire upon the watchtowers from one side, we'll let them react as the infiltration team enters from the other side. We can only bring a few people, and Mira and I are the only ones with proper dark vision as far as I'm aware- so.”

“I'm coming too.” Odette states firmly, “I didn't fire that bow for a full day to provide backup. At ten paces, my arrows can eviscerate those scum.”

“Your arrows could do the same at a hundred Odette, when they see that, they'll realize the pressure and the fact that there's a powerful contractor in the woods. Danhor may be loyal and strong-willed, however they do get unnerved and shaken at things like that.”

Odette looks down for a moment, “I need to... I need to make sure that my family is still safe. If something were to happen to them now, when I could've been there... I don't know what I'd do.” She holds her fist over her heart, trembling at the thought.

>[Let Odette come with the infiltration party.]
>[No, she stays.]
>>
>>43751152
She can only come if she promises to only fire when we tell her to. Cut the head of the snake, and all that.
>>
>>43751152

“You can only come with us if you're capable of holding yourself back.”

“Hold myself... back?” Odette seems dumbfounded to hear you say those words, yet you continue on to explain yourself.

“We need to find their leader to send them into disarray. If their leadership fails, then they'll be easier to chase off, slaughter, or both.” You take in a breath as you look around to see the acknowledging faces of the others, “This is not a massacre, not until we cut the head off of the snake.”

Odette considers your words and seems to understand, “So only shoot what you tell me to. Fair enough.”

“Valce, when the time comes, I want you to light several fires to increase pressure on their watch. If they think there's hundreds of us out there, they may be less inclined to rush out and meet the other archers.

All archers provide suppressing firr with the primary team moving in.

With the plan set, it's time to attack.

>End Scene.
>>
>>43751327

[The Siblings]

Watching from a hill quite far away, Avar peers through a long tube of several glassy eyes. Another little marvel of the Arche known as Drezar. He finally sees the party of the Faceless's Guisi as they finally arrive to the next major scene.

In a sudden flash of light, his sister Rava appears, shaking off the daze from her long jaunt over the countryside. “They are here about now, yes? I was getting so bored of waiting!”

“Indeed, they are now as uninvited guests. As they are not striking now, it's likely they are awaiting the nightfall.” Avar squeezes the contraption closed, and slips it away into his bag, “And what of the group? The Faceless caused some of them to take up contracts, no?”

“Oh!” Rava jumps up, suddenly clapping with excitement, “Yes! Yes! A man contracted with fire that heals! Isn't that quaint? And the woman with white hair; she contracted with her bow!”

Avar scratches his chin in thought, “Troublesome, this is not according to canon, so the best we can do is predict.”

Rava leans over , looking up at her brother, “The girl Mira, I sense her potential as a hero fading. Perhaps there is another that could become heroine?”

Avar looks to his sister with his usual somber expression. “Indeed. However she will require more... Tragedy in her life.”

“Yes, that is so brother.” Rava's smile grows wider.

As Avar turns, he says, “You know what must be done.”

“Yes, yes...” Rava vanishes...
Sorry about cutting this short right as it comes down to the action. Getting pretty tired here.

Next thread will start tomorrow 5pm pacific.(today for some.) for a nice friday/saturday double feature.

As always, comments questions, concerns?
the good, the bad, the weird?
>>
>>43751341
>Sorry about cutting this short right as it comes down to the action. Getting pretty tired here.
>
>Next thread will start tomorrow 5pm pacific.(today for some.) for a nice friday/saturday double feature.
>
>As always, comments questions, concerns?
>the good, the bad, the weird?

Supposed to be far more spacing there than it gave me.
>>
>>43751341
>“Indeed. However she will require more... Tragedy in her life.”
Haha, maybe we should have left her with the archers.

>>43751345
Do we need a heroine?
>>
>>43751363
A heroine doesn't necessitate a love interest. But you'll find out more about what it means to be a hero in Thespia.
>>
>>43751345
I can understand because I feel asleep.
Thanks for running
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.