[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do evil, uncontrolled unintelligent undead do? Like if the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 181x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 181x278
What do evil, uncontrolled unintelligent undead do? Like if the necromancer General dies, what does his skeleton army get up to?
>>
Depends on the setting.jpg
>>
File: 1446399682010.jpg (72 KB, 575x800) Image search: [Google]
1446399682010.jpg
72 KB, 575x800
>>43744769

I imagine they just amble around, not really going after anyone or anything. Maybe they'll be hostile towards anyone showing up in their patch of the Spooky Forest, but that could depend on the overall malevolence of their masters.

If there are ghouls/zombies, maybe they'll go feral and start hunting people to eat, but I still don't understand why something that's dead needs to eat. A wood full of feral ghouls might be kind of creepy and a good setting for a side-adventure.

Of course, if we go by Warcraft rules, then the necromancer's minions actually become significantly more dangerous and menacing after he jobs it. For some reason.
>>
They immediately swarm into formation and dance-walk to an open area where they can perform large-scale choreographed movements.
A core of skeletons form up in the centre and connect their bodies to make a raised platform while the main host spins, dances, circles and chants around it.
After their requisite song and dance number, they clear a path for the intelligent undead to make their way to the platform, where the new warchief will be decided by danceoff and/or rap battle

Adventurers are of course invited to view the spectacle as guests of honour, and if their rhymes are sufficiently fire then they will be granted the chance to throw shade on stage
>>
They stand around making skeleton puns all day.
>>
File: Danse Macabre.png (1 MB, 703x598) Image search: [Google]
Danse Macabre.png
1 MB, 703x598
>>43744890
Fuck yeah.
>>
>>43744769
I always use Planescape torments Rule of three for this exact scenario. They just carry out a repetitive task that can't consist of more than 3 steps.
>>
File: izombie2.jpg (22 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
izombie2.jpg
22 KB, 480x270
>>
>>43744841
I think usually the deal with the dead cannibals isn't that they need to eat but that they are hungry. If filling their bellies actually did anything for them maybe they'd have reason to feel sated, but it doesn't and they never do.
>>
>>43744841
>but I still don't understand why something that's dead needs to eat

It's metaphorical as much as it is literal, bruh: they hunger for the life they can no longer have.
Also like a superstitious explanation for vicious animal attacks or whatever who cares.
>>
File: GettinSpookyWithIt.jpg (15 KB, 374x220) Image search: [Google]
GettinSpookyWithIt.jpg
15 KB, 374x220
>>
File: Ghouls_Don_t_Post_on_4chan.jpg (187 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Ghouls_Don_t_Post_on_4chan.jpg
187 KB, 900x900
>>43744841
Scout makes my dick harder than anything else in the world.

Why the fuck is there no r34 of her?
>>
>>43745109

Jesus, I get the appeal of the broody goth chick. Hell, I'm totally into it.

But seriously I see so many people saying stuff like this. She's just a girl in a hoodie.
>>
>>43745109
>Raven and/or Kylie Griffin in a hoodie

I'm sure you'll manage.
>>
>>43745109
Is she a heroin addict?
>>
>>43745157
For me- and I assume others, it's a childhood crush.
I've fapped to Misty, Sora, Ivy, Taki, Zelda, and other staples for adolescent bullshit, but never have I fapped to Scout.

Art needs to be made for her.
Not just for my dick.
But for all the nostalgic dicks in the world.
Of her original cover, that is. The new cover is fucking garbage.
>>
>>43745277
>Art needs to be made for her.

Alright I wasn't going to tell you this, but sometimes you can trick an artist into drawing a thing you want...
A surprising majority of artists have a weakness for money, and will draw dang near anything if you wave a couple bucks around their paypals.
>>
>>43744769
They single-mindedly carry out their last assigned task, or they go dormant. I like both.

First one, I like the spookiness of having skeletons just mindlessly performing something, like you're in an abandoned mineshaft and you see a skeleton fruitlessly picking away with a pickaxe that's long since been blunted, with no indication of how long it's been working there. Just a constant, rhythmic *tnk... tnk... tnk... tnk...*

Second one, I also like the idea of dormant undead. The classic trope of a body apparently at rest jerking to "life" when someone approaches, less as a trap, and more as a self-preservation program. The skeleton's master has long since passed or abandoned it. Entire dungeons filled with armies of the undead just laying there until disturbed, their creator having long since succumbed to his own mortality.

I dunno man, undead are cool.
>>
>>43745277
Did you know
YOU can draw?
All it takes is practise.
>>
>>43745373
I agree, but from the other perspective. People will pay artists any price to draw their waifu turning into a toaster and getting shit on, or whatever the fuck. So, loads artists will do nsfw art because it's damn profitable. You should be spoiled for choice!
Surf the interweb, dude! Find an artist to your tastes who'll draw the deed, check their prices to see if they are palatable, explain to them what you want to see (in detail and with references preferably) and wait! Soon, you will have glorious R34 to share or hoard as you see fit!
Now go! Let the boner come back to life!
>>
>>43745157

Tokyo Ghoul: The Prequel
>>
>>43744769

Wander mindlessly, perhaps towards the smell of the living, perhaps towards a darker power, like a compass towards evil.
>>43744841
In Warcraft I'm pretty sure it's because there are higher level undeads that aren't mindless that will direct them, not that they independently cross the sea to the eastern kingdoms. That or the writers decided to rip off an older blizzard IP because they can't be sued by the same company.
>>
>>43744769
I like to go for them going around and killing all living things. This includes grass, trees, etc. If they don't have a weapon, they will try to punch it to death.
>>
>>43745647

>I'm pretty sure it's because there are higher level undeads that aren't mindless that will direct them

But they were already being directed by someone who was unquestionably interested in overwhelming the rest of the world.

Why would his armies be more dangerous in the hands of his underlings if he was never shown to be interested in holding anything back?
>>
>>43745727
well, Sylvanis's undead broke free from Arthas, so that already implies a modicum of power above the standard ghoul, and she's allowed them to keep their free will, which would, reasonably speaking, make them more threatening than the mindless hordes of the Scourge.

I haven't kept up with anything past early WoW, though, so I might not know what you're talking about
>>
>>43745924

The Scourge-centered xpac revealed should the Lich King be killed his minions would go apeshit and swarm the world

This of course makes little sense, since it very firmly establishes him as someone who is actively trying to swarm the world and is the greatest thread the world (currently) faces.

So at the end when Arthas becomes kill a guy who we all thought was dead shows up to take his helmet and by extension control of the Scourge and keep them in check because apparently the Scourge is more interested in overrunning the world when they aren't being lead by someone interested in overrunning the world.
>>
>>43745924
>>43746045
>>43745727
I was under the impression that deep down, Arthas didn't want to win. Like when he dies in the cinematic.
"Father, is it over? I see... only darkness."

On the same note, watching this just gave me a ridiculous dose of nostalgia.
>>
>>43744769
>What do evil, uncontrolled unintelligent undead do? Like if the necromancer General dies, what does his skeleton army get up to?

Unintelligent undead I'm defining as skeletons and really poorly made or deteriorated zombies & mummies as both are too poorly preserved to host a complex soul capable of dynamic intelligence or free-thought.
Ultimately though they will revert back to their default settings and execute their basic programming:

>Kill and consume anything alive encountered within a certain square mile radius.
Undead of all sorts are inherently aggressive towards the living and crave fresh living flesh to consume- even skeletons find satisfaction from the act of shoveling flesh into their mouths just for it to fall out of their hollow bodies. Intelligent undead have enough self-control to dull these cravings to a more subtle hunger, but unintelligent undead are constantly hungry. If given no commands they'll simply patrol a self-designated territory in an attempt to kill and eat anything.

>Avoid Sunlight.
All undead are either irritated or outright harmed by sunlight- sunlight is one of the few external stimulai they can actually feel and it always hurts. Unintelligent undead will usually seek shelter and play "dead" while hiding in containers/enclosed spaces until night comes.
This is why you often find zombies or skeletons insides boxes or pots- they put themselves in there.

>Await further orders and commands from a new user of sufficient necrotic power.
With the death of their leader or creator undead will look for a new user to register themselves with and do their bidding- this does in fact not have to be another necromancer. Unintelligent undead are not sophisticated enough to scrutinize and will follow any sufficient source of necrotic power: a large ghoul, a tree with a piece of a necromancer's reincarnated soul, they'll even sheepishly follow sapient undead who want nothing to do with them.
>>
>>43744890
THIS IS NOW CANON IN ALL MY SETTINGS FOREVER

But more seriously, at least as far as Muh Settan goes, the energy that is normally used by necromancers to animate corpses and skellies is anathema to what animates 'natural life', which is why unintelligent uncontrolled undead will randomly and violently assault the living, especially the young, the strong and the healthy - simply being in the presence of 'natural life' energy is so much opposed to their animating force that it is actually painful on a metaphysical level, causing them to lash out like a wild animal would.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.