[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Certain Academic City Quest II Ep 46
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11
File: Academy City.jpg (291 KB, 1600x810) Image search: [Google]
Academy City.jpg
291 KB, 1600x810
Welcome to Academy City. The time is late night, the weather is frosty, and the date is January 28.

You are Kyril Torikov, Level 3 telekinetic ‘business owner’, and you were working late. It wasn’t like you couldn’t put it off for tomorrow. Though with Lupin slated to act tomorrow, and your commitment to stopping her, you certainly didn’t want to leave things unfinished if you could help it. Your number’s man had class the very next day so you had told him to retire early for the night. The same could be said of your girlfriend. As for your right hand man, well he certainly had his own affairs to attend to. Besides, you had to know how your little ‘business’ in School District 10 was functioning. It was as you were finishing up for the night that you were aware of someone trying to sneak in to your top floor office.

The climb couldn’t have been easy, if it was a climb at all, and you had already dealt with one attempt at your life. This could very well be another. Thankfully you didn’t keep your gun on your desk so drawing and shooting would be the best course of action. Not only would you seize the initiative but also alert your henchmen in the building. That said, the intruder had yet to make a move. Other than slinking in to your office through the window, they looked like they were waiting for something. It could mean that they were here to talk, though the potential topics of discussion escaped you. That would allow you to finish up whatever you were doing. Or you could just greet them and get it over with. As sneaky as they were, they were not Tadakuni, or even Sagara.

>Greet the intruder, diplomacy first
>Give no fucks, finish your work
>Shoot first, ask questions later

Info: http://pastebin.com/x6GsFVTj
>>
>>43741765
>Greet the intruder, diplomacy first

be a polite host
>>
>>43741765
Immobilize them completely with TK and then talk
>>
File: Less a cape more a cowl.jpg (72 KB, 379x333) Image search: [Google]
Less a cape more a cowl.jpg
72 KB, 379x333
They weren’t being subtle, so you weren’t going to be either. That said, you had to take some precautions. Slipping off the limiter, you raised your head and spoke,

“What can I do for you?”

The intruder stiffened. It wasn’t because of fright, nervousness, or even an anticipation of an attack. They were simply struggling as you tried to pin them down with your Ability. It was partially successful seeing as you didn’t want to hurt them too much. On the other hand they were still capable of moving which could only be explained either by another Ability or superhuman strength. You gave a good look at the intruder in your office. It was Grímsdóttir.

“To talk,” she squeezed out.

You didn’t let her leave your telekinetic grip though you relaxed it around her head.

“I’d like to offer you a seat,” you gestured to one of the gouges in the wall, “Someone’s already tried to kill me once so I hope you don’t take offence.”

“None taken,” she made a show of looking around, “I know Taylor told you to get out of the game but.”

“Just get to the point, do you need me to pass on something to VERDICT or?”

She caught on to your annoyance quickly enough.

“No, nothing like that, just wanted you to know that I have my eyes on you.”

“As opposed to the drug dealers or pimps two blocks down?”

“I keep an eye on all the big players,” she spoke casually, “consider this a courtesy call.”

“Not very courteous are you,” your tone was dry, “breaking in to my office like this.”

“Well I’m also investigating something.”

It was a weak excuse.

“What do I have to do with it?”

“The girls who used to work here,” she enunciated slowly, “They’re dead.”

Even if you did know anything about it wasn’t like you were going to simply hand it over to her for free. You remembered who owned the place but beyond that you would have to ask Sagara to dig deeper.

>Offer her what you knew as an olive branch
>Tell her to find her own information broker
>Disavow all knowledge and interest
>>
>>43742476
>>
>>43742476

Did they OD?
>>
>>43742587
Do you really think they all OD'd at once? Thats ridiculous, anon.
>>
>>43742711
the batch could have gone bad or they were intentionally poisoned maybe?
>>
>>43742906
I don't get why you immediately assumed that drugs were involved
>>
File: Grímsdóttir.jpg (21 KB, 162x380) Image search: [Google]
Grímsdóttir.jpg
21 KB, 162x380
“Why, did they OD or something?” you asked.

Her expression remained unchanged. It was probably a negotiation tactics. As you were having second thoughts about offering the olive branch she finally admitted,

“I didn’t know that. What was their pimp like?”

“I only met him long enough to send him packing,” you prefaced your statements, “But he probably had his hookers hooked up on drugs. Where he got them from?”

You shrugged.

“Thanks,” she smiled, “You were a great help.”

The pronouncement was somewhat blunted by the fact that you hadn’t let her go yet.

“You still hadn’t answered my question.”

“They bled to death,” she finally replied, “Several of their body parts were missing so I can’t tell what exactly died of. They could have been killed for their organs, or we have a serial killer running loose in the district. Now can I go?”

You let her go.

“You can go.”

Her last words as she jumped out of your window were,

“We’ll be in touch, Torikov.”

You fucking hoped not.

The time is now morning, the weather is rainy, and the date is now January 29.

Another day and already you were split in what you had to do. Still you had sent Nayuta a small message before bed about the possible murders in School District 10. She had said that she was going to get back to you but so far she was quiet. As for you little ‘business’ in the district, Kyousuke had suggested you spend my time in the office. It would help for visibility and since Sagara wasn’t always available, you would be there to handle anything that came up. With the increased tenants and henchmen there were bound to be a couple. You first headed to,

>Your office
>Nayuta’s HQ
>>
>>43743016
>Your office
Call Nayuta too
>>
>>43743016
>Your office
>>
>>43743016
>Your office

>that pic
Everytime, hng
>>
>>43742941
its the only we know about them

they were paid with/ subjugated with drugs
>>
You headed to your office as you dialled Nayuta.

“Nii-chan, I said that I would get back to you,” she complained, “We don’t really have any resources to divert to the area. Plus you’re not really trained for this kinda thing.”

‘If it didn’t involve a Code M it was not your jurisdiction,’ was what she actually meant.

“Unless you have something new for me?” she continued.

“No, just checking in, making sure I don’t have to leave the office if I don’t have to.”

“I’ll let you know before you get bored nii-chan. It’s a promise.”

Her voice was like a bell, echoing after she hung up. You were probably hearing things. Shaking your head, you arrived at your office. Inside you found Sagara, as well as another one of your henchmen waiting. The latter was looking mightily roughed up, like someone had taken a sledgehammer to his face repeatedly.

“Ah, the boss is here,” Sagara told the thug, “You’re lucky you didn’t have to wait long.”

“Who’s this poor bastard?” you asked.

Sagara moved to your right side as you sat at your desk, opposite the beaten employee.

“That,” he began slowly, “is Kaniguma Endou. He’s got it in his head that you and VERDICT are the same person.”

“And why’s he like this?”

Sagara turned to the man in question and answered,

“He fell down some stairs.”

“I fell down some stairs,” Kaniguma repeated slowly.

“Uh huh,” you dropped that topic, “So why were you waiting for me.”

“Well I was hoping you could make it clear that you weren’t VERDICT. He deserves your answer at least.”

It seemed like someone had found you out, or appeared to. He could easily have displeased Sagara or any number of things. With the way you had been away, discipline and punishment had mostly been up to the discretion of your underlings. Now it was up to you to lay down the law. For a charge that seemed minor, Kaniguma had been thoroughly worked over. Was Sagara getting at something here?

[1/2]
>>
>>43743732
>”What does he have to say?”
>”I’m not VERDICT, now, let him go.”
>”No, he doesn’t. Get rid of him” (kill him)
>Other answer (write-in)
>>
>>43743732
>”What does he have to say?”
>>
“Alright, so what does he have to say?”

Your second turned his gaze on Kaniguma again and you had to warn him off.

“Sagara.”

“Alright, I’ll lay off,” he backed off.

You were aware of the trick, but the deeper reason for this confrontation was beyond you. If you had your helmet on maybe but that would definitely blow your secret identity. You turned to your henchman.

“Give it to me straight, why exactly did you think I was VERDICT, and if I was, not saying that I am, what are you going to do about it?”

“We don’t need no stinking PMS around in this district,” he almost spat, “You think you’re clever huh? Going around being all nice and everything but I know your type. You’ll hand us over when you don’t need us.”

He didn’t actually answer your questions, you noted.

“Now you’ve done it,” Sagara told you, “He’s gonna give us his whole goddamn life story now.”

“And I assume he’s just going to badmouth me the whole time.”

“Damn right!”

The two of you turned towards Kaniguma. Somehow, he’d stepped from potentially blowing your secret identity to just straight up insubordination. Maybe you should have phrased your question better. It was too late for that now.

“He’s the kinda guy who’d display such defiance,” Sagara added for your benefit, “Issues with authority I’ve been told. This is about the only place he has.”

“Thanks, I needed his life story.”

“No problem boss.”

“Are you going to answer my questions?” you asked Kaniguma one last time.

You were met with continued silence on his part.

“Let’s not play favourites here,” Sagara started, “He’s got to go. The only question of it is if we’re going to make a spectacle out of it.”

“Or if he’s going to alive after I’m through with him,” you finished.

“Well that too I guess,” Sagara frowned.

>Dispose of Kaniguma quietly
>An execution seems in order
>Public humiliation is enough
>Other (write-in)
>>
>>43744730
>>
>>43744730
>>
>>43744730
> An execution seems in order
Chuck his ass out the window after a pronouncement of offenses.
>>
File: District 10 the Strange.png (50 KB, 220x124) Image search: [Google]
District 10 the Strange.png
50 KB, 220x124
“Sagara, you wouldn’t happen to know a good fishing spot do you?”

“The kind that no one knows about?” your right hand smiled, “Of course I do.”

“Good.”

You got up and placed your hands on Kaniguma’s shoulders.

“I’m going to go get a new chair. For both our sakes, don’t be here when I get back alright?”

He wasn’t dumb. It was just futile. As much he grabbed and kicked, your arms didn’t operate on the same mechanics as a normal human’s. All you had to do was simply squeeze. Soon enough he was unconscious. Giving one last nod to Sagara, you walked out to find another chair for your office.

The time is now afternoon, the weather is humid, and the date remains unchanged.

There had been nothing of note happening until after lunch. Sagara wasn’t back yet but work like that takes time and there was no need to rush it. It also allowed you to take stock of the reaction around the place. Mostly, nobody gave a damn. For the guards, it was one less person they had to share a room with. Your tenants obviously didn’t want to know. They just paid the ‘rent’ and hoped that you wouldn’t bother them. There were a few who had asked since they had seen Sagara coming out with Kaniguma. You simply shrugged and kept your mouth shut. Nobody pressed further than that. It would take a while for it to sink in you supposed.

You supposed it was a good thing you were holding court in the afternoon when trouble strolled in. It wasn’t trouble for you exactly but it was still something you had to deal with. One of the smaller gangs a block or two down were in a fight with Judgement. You weren’t surprised that Judgement would try their luck near your FOB. You were surprised that you were being asked for help. In return the gang would gladly accept your protection and offer tribute. It was both an opportunity to expand and a risk of running afoul of your ‘undercover’ operation here.

>Lend your aid
>Too risky to go
>>
>>43745580
>Lend your aid
>>
>>43745580
>Lend your aid
>>
>>43745580
>Lend your aid
send mooks
>>
>>43745580
> Lend your aid
Let's see if we can negotiate their fucking off. Maybe we can come to an understanding.
>>
>>43745580
>>Lend your aid
>>
File: Shirai's iconic post.png (352 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Shirai's iconic post.png
352 KB, 800x450
To make sure that they don’t get to make demands of you, you took your time to scare up an umbrella before leaving. Your guards were just that, guards. They weren’t being paid to do anything more and you trusted them to do that. The envoy, if you could call a thug in a ratty hoodie and jeans an envoy, on top of being impatient was also rather incredulous that you were only bringing your august self. Surely the fact that you were personally attending to the matter should have been enough. Or maybe your rep hasn’t quite solidified yet. You gave the envoy a good glare. Nope, you definitely had it.

The fight was over by the time you got there. There was remarkably little blood but the rain had probably washed most of it away. Standing amidst the small gang of fifteen that tried to jump her was Shirai Kuroko. She was untouched. Well not literally, her uniform was damp from the rain though not as wet as the thugs face down on the pavement.

“There she is, get her.”

Pushed forward, you let out a snarl of annoyance before turning back to meet Shirai’s gaze. Her eyes narrowed.

“You.”

You made a show of looking around.

“Who me?”

“I suppose these gentlemen had to report to someone higher on the food chain.”

You smiled, bringing your hand to your heart.

“I’m touched you think so highly of me,” her left eye twitched, “But they don’t actually report to me, nor do I report to them.”

“You bastard,” the last remaining ganger spat.

Before he could turn on you, you put your hand firmly on his crown.

“See, my business is protection so I’d appreciate if you left these ‘gentlemen’ alone. Surely you can take a little bit of cat-calling, just as these guys can take a bit of rejection.”

She snorted. The ganger squirmed. Just then she tapped her headset, apparently listening to her support.

[1/2]
>>
>>43746452
“It seems that you are a prime suspect in my investigation.”

Crap, what was Nayuta up to, you thought.

“You know the best you could do is detain me,” you supplied, “Or we could get out of this rain and talk it out over tea like civilised people.”

You had to give her credit for not laughing then. She simply shook her head and said,

“I’m afraid that is standard procedure.”

>”Then how about a wager?” (name conditions)
>”Then I shall not go quietly.” (resist arrest)
>Talk your way out of this, somehow (write-in)
>>
>>43746492
>”Then how about a wager?” (name conditions)
I win, you leave
you win, I'll go for some questioning
>>
>>43746492
>”Then I shall not go quietly.” (resist arrest)
fuck da police
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

Rollan the dice then,
1. Wager
2. Resist
>>
File: Shirai is confident.jpg (127 KB, 1000x565) Image search: [Google]
Shirai is confident.jpg
127 KB, 1000x565
“Then how about a wager?” you tried.

She went silent, letting both her support digest the information and suggest a course of action. Finally, she answered,

“Your conditions?”

“Easy, I win, everyone gets to walk away, I lose, I’ll answer your questions.”

“Reasonable conditions, I can agree to that.”

“Good.”

You put up your dukes. In response she smiled.

“As the challenged, I get to name the contest for this wager and no one said we were going to fight.”

Well that was fair. Then you realised,

“You’re going to find something only you can do right?”

“Of course not,” she denied, “It wouldn’t be a contest otherwise. Even if I do pick something that is to your disadvantage, don’t tell me that you will back out now. The only remaining choice is for you to submit to questioning at our leisure.”

Given your experience, your chances against a teleporter were slim. Even if they went easy, they simply could not be touched.

“Here in my hand, is a warrant for your arrest,” Shirai held out her phone, “If I were to lose it in the say, next fifteen minutes, I could make a cause for having no due cause to bring you in immediately.”

“You attached to your phone?”

“I rather am, so please do not destroy it,” she answered, “I would be very distraught if it was.”

You rolled your eyes. A Lady of Tokiwadai like her could afford a new phone like that easily.

“Are we agreed on the contest?”

“Seems easy enough.”

“Well then,” she tossed her phone over her shoulder, “Oh no, I seem to have dropped my phone, whatever shall I do?”

That was the starting signal. Unlike the one you fought, Shirai was a touch range teleporter. She herself could teleport so your best bet was to,

>Intercept her at her destination
>Block her line of sight
>>
>>43747320
>Block her line of sight
>>
>>43747320
>Intercept her at her destination
>>
>>43747320
>Block her line of sight
>>
I wonder if she's investigating the dead prostitutes?
>>
>>43747320
>Block her line of sight
>>
Is there anyone we know that we can call up to hack her phone and delete the warrant? Or would something like that take too long.
>>
>>43747592
Third Echelon

She can be our ace in the hole
>>
>>43747640
Seconded. There's also the delicious irony we can privately savor of Kuroko being screwed over by Misaka clones.
>>
File: Shirai alley random encounter.jpg (614 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Shirai alley random encounter.jpg
614 KB, 1600x900
She had started turning around but your limiter came down faster. If she couldn’t see it, and she couldn’t touch it then she wouldn’t be able to teleport it. Debris from the alleys flooded in to the street as she turned. It didn’t give her pause as she disappeared and reappeared before her phone. That was a mistake on her part. She was going to take the time to reach down to grab it. It was a wonder you couldn’t see up her skirt. Then again she was much shorter than you were.

With a flick of Ability, he phone went flying in to the cloud of detritus and loose objects that you were building. She had the most annoyed look on her face when she turned to look at you. You kept the trash clustered together. Wooden planks, plastic bags, and other random assortment of garbage wove its way down the street as Shirai tried to find her tiny little phone in the mass of flying objects. With one sweep of your arms, more pieces of debris added to the mass of trash you kept aloft and moving. Honestly, in all that excitement, you almost lost track of her phone.

If she was smart then she wouldn’t actually comb through all that to find her phone. You too had to remain aware of the phone’s location. Light of sight worked both ways. It would only be a matter of time before she noticed the areas that you were paying the most attention to. You had to press the advantage. Bluffing her out by making a run for it would certainly attract her attention and keep her away long enough for you to win your wager. Or maybe you could have her phone hacked. As long it wasn’t written down, it doesn’t exist. You could certainly keep her phone away long enough for it to happen.

>Hack her phone
>Bluff her out
>Keep on as you were
>Other plan (write-in)
>>
>>43747769
>Bluff her out
>>
>>43747769
>Hack her phone
>>
>>43747769
>Hack her phone
>>
File: Shirai has the upper hand.jpg (78 KB, 542x515) Image search: [Google]
Shirai has the upper hand.jpg
78 KB, 542x515
Having Third Echelon hack her phone to delete the warrant as insurance was a delicious layer of irony on the cake you baking for Shirai. In a very roundabout way, she was being betrayed by the very onee-sama she was looking up to. Thus, you gave Last Order a ring. You could at least talk and maintain a shit storm at the same time.

“Onii-san what can Misaka do for you, says Misaka says Misaka as she pods the head of a rival Corp.”

Of course she wasn’t going to do this for free when you explained what you wanted done.

“Misaka will do it if onii-san promises to do Misaka a favour later says Misaka says Misaka as she names her price.”

It wasn’t an unreasonable request and Shirai had cottoned on to where you were hiding her phone. You accepted, pressed for time.

“Alright onii-san, Third Echelon shall wipe her phone so well it shall look like it came out of a factory says Misaka says Misaka as she closes the deal.”

That she attached an evil laugh to the tail end of that sentence was suspect but you really couldn’t worry about it now. Shirai teleported trash out of her way as she moved closer and closer to her phone. It was not a moment too soon as she landed triumphantly in front of you.

“I win,” she simply said.

You smiled back and replied,

“I promised to not destroy your phone.”

It took her a moment before she brought the screen up to her face. Her question was long, drawn out, and music to your ears,

“What?”

True to her word, Last Order had wiped all data from the phone. Shirai’s face hardened as she started dialling a number.

“I wouldn’t be so smug,” her tone was frosty, “There’s still five minutes left.”

Her call connected.

“Uiharu? It’s me, someone’s hacked my phone, can you restore it or at least send me the warrant again?”

Shit! You moved to grab her phone but Shirai was already behind you by the time you moved. The next five minutes were a futile struggle for her phone.

[1/2]
>>
>>43748611
“An inspired move, but unfortunately, no matter what third-rate black hat you’ve got on payroll, Uiharu is better.”

She took the time to rub the warrant in your face, literally.

“Kyril Torikov, you’re under arrest, please come quietly.”

“You gonna leave these gentlemen alone?”

“Unfortunately I will,” she sighed, “Murder charges are much more serious that public mischief.”

“Murder? Really?”

“That and obstruction of justice, but mostly obstruction of justice.”

“The cuffs seem a bit much though.”

“It’s the principle of the matter,” she argued.

Of course as soon as you were on the inside of an interrogation room you,

>Asked for a lawyer/Nayuta
>Answered their questions
>Were uncooperative
>Other (write-in)
>>
You guys played the trump card too soon

>>43748650
>Asked for a lawyer
>>
>>43748650
>Asked for a lawyer
Well that was dumb.
>>
>>43748650
>Answered their questions
Bored I feel like you try to juggle too many plotlines at once
>>
Is there a member of Judgement with huge tits?
>>
File: Kihara Nayuta (color).jpg (281 KB, 612x1306) Image search: [Google]
Kihara Nayuta (color).jpg
281 KB, 612x1306
First and foremost, you asked for a lawyer. Instead of a lawyer, it was Nayuta that walked in.

“You’re his lawyer?” Shirai asked incredulously.

“You’re a lawyer?” you echoed.

You weren’t sure why you expected your boss to not also be your sole legal representative and counsel. Nayuta smiled.

“What can I say? I’m a woman of many talents. Isn’t that right nii-chan?”

“Right.”

“Now, I have something for you here Shirai-san.”

Your boss rummaged around in her backpack as usual and produced a document. Shirai made a face as she read it.

“Basically, he’s my informant and you almost blew his cover,” she stated purely for your benefit, “And also those charges are patently false. My client can provide an alibi for each and every victim in your investigation.”

“Judgement Branch Office 49 huh?” Shirai merely repeated, “As if the rumours were true.”

“The Ghost Branch Office right?” Nayuta answered cheerily, “You don’t see me out very much nowadays, I mostly work through people like him. It’s how your investigation got started.”

“I don’t like this,” Shirai bit out, “Someone is killing innocent girls out there. If not him then who?”

“Clearly someone else and I can’t really go out there looking like this,” Nayuta said.

Shirai gestured at you,

“I have my eyes on you.”

Then she walked out. Nayuta released a breath.

“Phew, almost blew it there huh nii-chan?”

“This was for bothering you in the morning was it?”

Naturally you were suspicious since you had kicked the case upstairs. Your boss affected an air of innocence,

“Whatever do you mean nii-chan? If you were busy chasing dead courtesans then you’d never be ready to face off agains Lupin tonight.”

Oh right, your evening was booked. Nayuta leaned in closer, whispering in your ear.

“And just between the two of us? I’m not actually a lawyer.”

Episode End.
https://twitter.com/BoredofDirector
Silver Smile. Lupin IV in wonderland. Will she be caught this time? When writefag and /tg/ meet, the story begins.
>>
Also questions from the peanut gallery.

>>43748786
The dead whores are not actually that important. They serve as an excuse for people to show up and make Kyril's day interesting. And also to show that things go on without you.

>>43749254
Search,
character:konori mii
on sadpanda.

Really that's all I have time for tonight. Good night.
>>
>>43749370
thanks for running
>>
>>43748747
>this pedo
What's with you, lad? Why so mad?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.