[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Farmer's Quest Part 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
The land of Aeons, a beautiful land full of mystery, magic and adventure. A place were great heroes are at a constant battle with the forces of evil, great monsters and demons alike. Wizards and Clerics are common place, along with creatures such as ogres and dragons. A land where adventurers travel in search of wealth, fame and power.
Kings and queens, under the protection of these well payed and respected men and woman rule with absolute authority, bringing glory to their allies and death to their enemies. It is truly a wonderful and dangerous place, and to be a adventurer in these times would truly be a life of freedom and prosperity...
That is what you imagined, at least. So far it's been rather shit.

You are Joe the farmer, who in a terrible turn of evens was visited by a knight of the king, who had said that his land was to be taken from him unless he had decided to join the king's army. Joe, being the simple farmer that he is, refused, losing his home and his onion's for 74 gold pieces. In hopes of finding a better life, or at least finding a place to sleep at night without fear of animal attack, Joe decided to travel north towards the city of Aldres.
As night fell Joe took refuge in a small cave that had been dug into the side of a large grassy hill along the main road, rather then continue to the forest ahead. Inside, he had a bout with a rabid dog. In the end Joe finished the dog off with his old hoe, buried it, and decided to rest for the night.

Now, the day has begun anew, and farmer Joe's adventures continue.

Part 1 : http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/43718046/
Current Inventory :
3 Candles,
1 box of matches,
1 lantern,
1 rusted knife,
1 farming hoe,
Father's lucky fox's paw,
A few pieces of bread and cheese,
1 large flask of water,
1 deck of cards,
1 mule "Eustice",
1 bag of onions,
80 gold pieces,
>>
>>43734131
Here we go. Farmer time.
>>
>>43734131
It is a combination of the heat of the morning sun and Eustice's licks on your face that wake you up from an awful sleep. You brush off the dirt and bugs that had covered you in the night and stand up, nearly hitting your head against the low dirt ceiling above you. As you slowly bring yourself outside, you are greeted with the distinct smell of a rotting dog's corpse (although along with your own smell, it almost seems mild). It seems that something had tried to dig it out, but only managed the leg. Looking to the sky, you can tell it's at either late in the morning or very early noon.
You look down the road, seeing the forest up ahead. It seems whatever light you saw last night was coming from some sort of small, wooden shack, hardly bigger then the hill you slept in. Well, you've slept for a rather long time now. Perhaps its best to continue onwards.
>Eat some rations [bread, cheese, onions]
>Continue down the road, towards the forest.
>Look around the current area some more
>Try to go around the forest.
>Wait here a bit longer.
>Other.
>>
>>43734330
>>Continue down the road, towards the forest.
Maybe hit up the shack for info about a good path to take.
>>
>>43734330
>>Eat some rations [bread, cheese, onions]
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
>>
>>43734330

>Eat some Rations

Make a small brunch, gotta keep our energy up for the travel ahead. A bit of each would be good; raw onion isn't great, but it's already too late in the day to do anything else with it.
If we have any herbal/survival knowledge, would be a good idea to keep our eyes open for anything edible as we travel through/around the forest.
>>
>>43734419
>>43734424
>>43734438
You decide it'd be best to prepare a meal as you begin to head down the path. You look around as you travel down the road, grabbing at least a handful of berries that you believe aren't poisonous, eating it in a sandwhich of sorts along with the onion and cheese. Its not very good, at all, though it's better then plain onion and cheese like back on the farm.
Slowly you make your way down the road towards the forest, and coming up besides the cabin. The light seems to be gone now, and you can see that it looks rather worn down and old. The door seems to be open, just a crack.
>Continue into the forest.
>Knock on the cabin door.
>Have a peek inside.
>Investigate the area.
>Other.
>>
>>43734527
>Knock on the cabin door.
Hello.
>>
>>43734527
>>Knock on the cabin door.
Just for safe sake.
>>
>>43734527
>>43734551
>>43734600

You go up and knock on the door.
"Hello? Anyone in there?"
There's a bit of scuttling inside, and you hear something clatter to the ground. Then, after a second or two of whispered curses you see what hear what seems to be an old man's worn, rough voice calling out to you.
"Who the hell are ya? What do ya want? I ain't got no money so you'd better not be expectin no hand outs. I've got a weapon!"
>'I just need some help'
>'Just let me in, ya old fart.'
>Just go inside.
>Threaten him
>Leave him be
>Other
>>
>>43734689
>>'I just need some help'
What is the best path to get into town?
>>
>>43734721
"I just need to know how to get to Aldres, or the closest town?"
You hear a bit more clattering, before the head of an old man, hair down to his legs and a pot on his head peeks out from behind the door.
"Eh? Well, if yer hiding about three other men behind that ass of yours, then I'd say through the forest. Just keep on the path. If ya want a safer route, i'd say go around. It'll take at least a half a days worth o' travel more though."
Then, the old man reaches his arm out the door, palm up. He seems to be expecting some sort of payment for his help.
>Give him [x] gold.
>Shake his hand.
>Slap his hand away.
>Hand him an onion.
>Other
>>
>>43734858
I feel 1 gold should be more than good.

How do people feel about walking around? It would hurt our food stock, but it's just us Joe the hoe wielder to fight.
>>
>>43734919
You hand the man a gold piece, and as soon as he has hold of it, he clutches it in his hand, pulls it back and slams the door shut. Backing away, Joe plans. The forest would be faster, but it seems much more dangerous. As such, it would probably be better to simply go around it. Even if it did take longer, it's better then never making it to Aldres at all. Calling Eustice, Joe begins to travel around the outer edge of the forest. It's a rather long, and tiring walk. Finally, after a few uneventful hours, you find yourself beginning to make your way back around, towards where the main road should be. Your flask is refilled as you pass a small river, cutting along your path and into the forest, though you find yourself running out of nearly everything but onions and a piece of bread, with nothing around seeming to be edible. You feel you're only an hours walk until your back on the main road.
>Scavenge for food.
>Try and catch fish in the river.
>Go into the forest to find food.
>Continue on your way.
>Just take time to rest.
>Other.
>>
>>43735061
>Continue on your way
I don't have anything to fish with, and I don't want any more berries.
>>
>>43735061
>>Try and catch fish in the river.

>>Continue on your way.
>>
>>43735100
>>43735154

You go knee deep into the waters, trying to catch whatever you can with the little tools you have. After about a half an hour of trying, you come up with at least single small fish, though its better then nothing. After drying up you continue walking along, drenched in sweat and feeling a tinge of hunger. It takes you an hour and a half before you finally see the main road ahead of you. Taking a swig from your flask you push yourself forewards, before you notice something on the road just a bit ahead.
It seems to be a horse and cart, parked just to the side of the road, and behind it seems to be a man, swinging at something. "Help!" You think you can make out.
>Look over the scene some more.
>Rush over to help the poor man!
>Leave him and go around. Can't risk any more trouble.
>Try to sneak towards the scene. [Roll 1d20-2]
>Other
>>
Rolled 3 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43735179
>Try to sneak towards the scene. [Roll 1d20-2]
>>
>>43735179
>>Rush over to help the poor man!
Joe the farming hero goes into battle!
>>
>>43735227
>>43735260

You try hurry towards the man, feeling a burning desire to help. However, while trying to still keep stealthy so you may get an advantage in the fight, you find yourself accidentally stepping on a rather sharp stone, cutting into your foot.
"ARGE FUCK" You cry out, as you hold your foot, before remembering that you were trying to be stealthy.
"Eh? You two, go un find out wat dat waz!" You hear a high pitched, squeaky voice cry out.
Suddenly, from behind the cart, you see what seems to be two, two foot tall rats, standing on both legs rushing towards you, each with a rusted dagger in hand.
"Eh iz anotha piece o' meat!"
This doesn't seem very good. The hell are those anyway? You can't say you've ever seen them around your home.
>Take out your hoe and rush in for an attack. [1d20+2]
>Turn around and run in the other direction.
>Try and reason with them.
>Try to run past them, to the cart.
>Try and threaten them [1d20-2]
>Other.
>>
Rolled 4 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43735367
>Take out your hoe and rush in for an attack. [1d20+2]
>>
Rolled 1 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43735367
>>Try and threaten them [1d20-2]
We try the words and then pull out our weapon.
>>
>>43735389
>>43735389
Crap we both rolled so low.

And I messed up on the - sign.
>>
>>43735400
Oh well, it happens.
>>
Rolled 7, 20 = 27 (2d20)

>>43735367
>>43735389
>>43735391
You raise your mighty hoe up high, cry out the battle cry of the might Joe farmer, and go for a swing on one of the rat men. However, your cry comes out more as a feminine wail and your hoe misses completely, digging deep into the ground. The rat men seem almost stunned by the spectacular failure, before they each go for a stab.
>>
>>43735461
And while one misses as you jump to the side, you feel a sharp pain in your right leg, as the rat digs its knife almost completely in, dropping you to our knee in pain. For a moment, you think that, maybe your just not cut out for this.
You hear the mans continued cries for help as he fights off the rats.
>Try to pull the hoe free. [1d20+5]
>Take out your knife and start stabbing. [1d20+2]
>Try to disarm the rat. [1d20]
>Try to get away [1d20-4]
>Punch the rats. [1d20+5]
>Talk them down.
>Other
>>
Rolled 14 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43735509
>Try to pull the hoe free. [1d20+5]
>>
>>43735523
You manage to pull the hoe from the ground with ease, as you did back at your farm. Matter of fact, you do so quick and with enough skill to startle the rats back, if just a few steps.
>Swing one more with the hoe of Joe. [1d20+3]
>Take out your knife and start stabbing. [1d20+2]
>Try to disarm the rat. [1d20]
>Try to get away [1d20-4]
>Talk them down.
>Other
>>
Rolled 2 + 3 (1d20 + 3)

>>43735556
>Swing one more with the hoe of Joe. [1d20+3]
>>
Rolled 14 + 2 (1d20 + 2)

>>43735556
Fucking Skaven I can practically hear the squeaking from a mile away.
>>
Rolled 17 + 5 (1d20 + 5)

>>43735556
>>Punch the rats. [1d20+5]

Falcon Punch!!!
>>
>>43735556
>>
>>43735579
Seconding
>>
>>43735556
>>43735570
>>43735573
>>43735579
>>43735592
With a glare, a snarl and the strength of a hundred ancient farmers running through your veins, your grab your hoe free and swing it, causing the rats to leap back and roar in a squeaking laughter. However, you let the hoe fly from your hands, rushing forewards, curling your fingers into a fist and plunging it into the rats filthy, ugly face. A crack, snapple and pop is heard as the rat flies back, twitching and bleeding badly. The other, stares for a moment, before rushing back towards the others.
"IZ NEEDZ A BIT O' ELP, SCREE."
Your leg is still in bad shape, though you feel you can at least still move it.
>Go after the rat.
>Try to catch the rat. [1d20-4]
>Throw your hoe/knife at the rat. [1d20]
>Stay were you are, wrap up leg.
>Threaten the rest.
>Other.
>>
>>43735671
>Threaten the rest.
Rats are probably cowards and I just beat the shit out of one of them.
>>
>Other Leave

Lets get the hell out of here.
Skaven are just going to come back with more Skaven, We are only one man thing and not a very powerful one at that.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d20)

>>43735671
>>Throw your hoe/knife at the rat. [1d20]

Pull out the knife and "Give the knife back" to the rats.
>>
Rolled 1, 3 = 4 (2d3)

>>43735683
>>43735685
>>43735690
>>
>>43735715
>>43735690
>>43735685
>>43735683
>>43735671
"Get the hell outta here, you dirty stinkin rodents! I'v dealt with worse then you lot!" You call out, as you pull out the knife and throw it towards the rats. It falls rather far from them, but they get the message, as they refuse to go any where near you. The man seems to be rather quiet now as you see the rats pillage through the cart. You lift yourself, though you find trying to to the city or even back is going to be hell with this leg. It still seems to be bleeding a rather nasty amount.
>Wait for the rats to leave
>Keep going down the road, leaving
>Try to wrap your leg with some rags.
>Go try to search the cart.
>Other.
>>
>>43735773
>Other
Go check on the man, see if he's still alive.
>>
>>43735773
Ask the shitty merchant or whatever to help you bind your wound.

>healer to bully acquired
>>
>>43735773
>Other.

Roar at the rats who pillage through the cart with menacing look.
>>
>>43735773
>>43735787
>>43735789
>>43735805

You limp towards the cart, as the rats continue to pilfer different goods from the back. As you go closer, the rats themselves seem to move away more. As you roar and glare at the rats they suddenly shriek, and with a sack and handfuls of supplies, they begin to scurry off into the forest. Looking down at the man, laying next to the cart, he seems to be cut all over and wrapping himself up. He seems young, and at the moment, fairly terrified.
"Hey. How about you fix this up as a thanks for scaring those buggers off?" You tell the man, who seems surprised to see you. Almost immediately, he begins his thanks to you and the gods before starting to stitch and wrap your leg in bandages. "Gods be, thank you so much sir, you've really saved my hide back there!"
>Ask for a reward.
>Tell him to shut up and fix your leg.
>Ask what he's doing out here.
>Threaten him for his cart.
>Thank him and tell him your happy to help..
>Other
>>
>>43735859
>Ask him what he's doing out here.
>>
>>43735859
>>43735873
"What the hell are you doing out here?."
"I could ask you the same thing. At least I have a cart." He says in reply. You can't help but feel he's got a point. "Anyway, I am...or well, was on my way to deliver some goods to the Singing Serpent in Aldres, but as you can see, that's not really going to happen now." He sighs before looking over his supplies. "Well, at least I've got some fruits left." He takes out an apple and tosses it to you. Its gone in a moment, a single, wonderful, onion free moment.
The cart seems in rather alright condition itself, and the horse seems rather apathetic to the entire situation.
>Ask for a ride to the city.
>Grand Theft Horse and Cart
>Decide to limp the rest of the way.
>Other
>>
>>43735926
>Ask for a ride to the city.
It's the least he can do.
>>
>>43735926
>Ask for a ride to the city
Might as well, seeing as we are not a threat to him anymore.
>>
>>43735926
>>43735940
>>43735941
"Can you give me a ride to the city, since we both seem to be going down there?"
The man shrugs his shoulders. "Sure why not? Least I can do. Though I guess the jobs over now." He groans, befpre getting onto the cart and clearign some space in the back. You climb into it, with your mule tied to the cart it slowly starts to move down the road. "So, what brings you out here?"
>Tell him what happened
>Tell him to mind his own business
>Tell him you got lost
>Other
>>
>>43735989
>Tell him what happened.
It's not like it's a secret.
>>
>sell him the onions

We can buy proper rations in town
>>
>>43735989
>>43736007
You tell him of what happened to you. He see,s a mix of worried and proud for you. "I am very much sorry for your own. Sounds real rough. Well, hopefully I can get you to the city right quick. Maybe we hand hang out a bit more there too, since your probably new there.
>Agree, let him join party officially.
>No, Id rather do this myself.
>Just give me some supplies.
>Other
>>
>>43736055
He doesn't seem too interested in your onions, though he does offer more fruit.
>>
>>43736066
Whats wrong with our onions? Rude
>>
And so, with a passive agressive thought, you find yourselves on the way to Aldres, only a day's away from a new future.

And probably let it rest there for now, if a bit early.
Feeling a tad bit exausted for oms reason or another.
>>
>Agree, let him join party officially.

>43736058
>>
>>43736094
Agreed, never insult a farmer's crops, that's just plain rude.
>>
>>43736058
>Join party
Let him employ you as a guard so he can trade safely.
Just demand that he gets you some clean clothes, a spear and hand and leg guards.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.