[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW (embed)

Previous thread >>43719284

Discussion:
>What is the best Familiar in the game
>And why is it Pooka
>>
I'm from the last thread with the theoretical wizard organization.

But what I'm thinking is using profession and crafting rules to see how much my followers can make.

lets assume a character has on average a +2 mod in either wisdom or intelligence (if they're doing a profession or craft). So level 1s have a +6, 2s a +7, and so on.

We count undead on taking 10 on a profession check as an unskilled laborer.

At level 7 I have 28 undead, an int mod of +8, a guildhall, and a generous reputation, giving me a total leadership score of 18.

35 Level 1 followers get 16 per, so 8gp per week.

3 Level 2 followers get 17 per, so 8gp per week again.

1 level 3 follower gets 18 per, so 9gp per week.

1 level 4 follower gets 19 per, so 9gp per week.

38*8(level 1/2 followers)+2*9(level 2/3 followers)+.1*36(zombies)+8*2 (level 1/2 graduates)+9*2 (level 3/4 graduates)+10*2 (level 5/6 graduates) = 380gp per weeks of money generated. This is then put towards making constructs, namely homunculi, which can be made once every 3 weeks at this rate.

This only gets faster as I level up, heading towards

148*8+11*9+4*10+.1*88+8*2+9*2+10*2+11*2+12*2+13*2+14*2+15*2+16*2+17 = 1564.8 gp per weeks. This would be able to make a homunculi per weeks.

Each homunculi would be trained in a craft skill, and provide a 11 on a take 10, netting 5gp per weeks.
>>
Will we ever get a construct race that isn't small?
>>
>>43726960
Port over the warforged? If you drop their -2 to either wisdom or cha, they end up roughly balanced as a PF race.
>>
>>43726902
I'm posting this, from last thread, over here for people. I'm not the one who made the thread (any thread) but I figured it would be good to repost it here.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2t4rx?Was-Aroden-an-Anunnaki#1

Discussion on the Paizo forums about the theory that Aroden might have been an Anunnaki. Personally, while I don't expect any significant commentary from Paizo about it, I do hope they might talk about what if any relation the Aboleth and Anunnaki have, because I've been very curious about that and one of the competing theories from Occult Mysteries is that Aroden was an Aboleth.
>>
>>43726989
Aroden was an Aboleth is a thing? I guess it could happen.

Aroden was the vanguard of the Mind Flayer future invasion force when?
>>
File: sadmarine.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
sadmarine.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>43726902
>I will never get to play as a crab-man
>>
>>43726938
I wrote the level 10 version of this character's production line for Homunculi rate of growth in C.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
int i, total, homunculi, weeks, rate;
homunculi = 0;
total = 0;
weeks = 104;
for (i=1; i<=weeks; i++){
total = total + 148*8+11*9+4*10+.1*88+8*2+9*2+10*2+11*2+12*2+13*2+14*2+15*2+16*2+17+homunculi*5;
while (total >= 1050){
total = total-1050;
homunculi++;
}
}
rate = 148*8+11*9+4*10+.1*88+8*2+9*2+10*2+11*2+12*2+13*2+14*2+15*2+16*2+17+homunculi*5;
cout << "Total Homunculi at week " << weeks << " is " << homunculi << endl;
cout << "Current production rate " << rate << endl;
return 0;
}

Outputs are as followed:

Total Homunculi at week 52 is 87
Current production rate 1999

Total Homunculi at week 104 is 199
Current production rate 2559

Total Homunculi at week 156 is 342
Current production rate 3274

Total Homunculi at week 208 is 526
Current production rate 4194

Total Homunculi at week 260 is 761
Current production rate 5369

In five years we have over 750 functional homuncili working in the organization. At this point one can no longer produce them all on their own, as such some of the higher level graduated apprentices would take over.

Now lets see how many there are farther out.

Ten Years:
Total Homunculi at week 520 is 3381
Current production rate 18469

Twenty Five Years:
Total Homunculi at week 1300 is 149891
Current production rate 751019

Fifty Years:
Total Homunculi at week 2600 is 72241547
Current production rate 361209299

A Hundred Years:
My online compiler timed out, but it's a lot.
>>
>>43727027
Repostan again, from Occult Mysteries on the subject of the Veiled Masters, AKA aboleth:

>New Azlant: Some believe that the veiled masters have been working to restart the failed experiment that was Azlant—only this time, they are prepared for the onset of humanity’s hubris and arrogance. Conspiracy theorists hold that Aroden himself was no Azlant, but was in fact the greatest of the veiled masters. They point to Aroden’s raising of the Starstone as evidence, for what creature other than one who called down the stone from the sky could achieve such a feat? Largely viewed as a crackpot theory, the conjecture that Absalom was built to be a second, smaller-scale Azlant is strangely compelling. If true, it implies that the Starstone itself is nothing other than a bauble designed by the veiled masters, a possibility with disturbing implications for worshipers of the ascended gods. Are Iomedae, Norgorber, and Cayden Cailean nothing more than the greatest illusion the veiled masters have ever perpetrated upon the world? And if they are in act deities, was their ascendance simply part of a plan by the veiled masters to seat sleeper agents among the gods hemselves, waiting for the signal to put some unthinkably vast endgame into play?
>>
>>43727027
Mind Flayers won't be a thing on Golarion because they're not open content sadly
>>
>>43727061
But Mand Floyers could be, very similar but legally distinct from Mind Flayers!
>>
Hey, so Bestiary 5 is out now, right? I mean, folks have been posting pages from it for a few threads now, so I assume so. I can wait patiently for the full PDF to get scrubbed and posted, but what I'm particularly interested in about the book is if there are any great things to polymorph into with spells like Monstrous Physique (hilariously, the Anunnaki actually looks like a pretty great choice for Monstrous Physique II and onward, but my DM doesn't allow mythic stuff and so it's probably not going to be available to me) for my morphin' battlemage. Is there anything you folks that have the book have spotted in its pages that looks it's be sweet to polymorph into?
>>
File: turul.png (4 MB, 1841x1161) Image search: [Google]
turul.png
4 MB, 1841x1161
I like these guys
>>
how do i bard?
>>
>>43727121
That's what those wand worm things are.
>>
File: d08.gif (2 MB, 880x527) Image search: [Google]
d08.gif
2 MB, 880x527
>>43727144
That thing is fucking fabulous
>>
File: stormghost.png (2 MB, 921x1160) Image search: [Google]
stormghost.png
2 MB, 921x1160
>>43727141
>Monstrous Humanoid: anunnaki, deep one, elder deep one, gegenees, grioth, ichthyocentaur, ningen, storm hag, stormghost, thriae constructor, thriae dancer
These dudes from Reign of Winter are pretty spooky.
I don't know much about polymorphing techniques though.
>>
>>43726938
get some caps of human guise to cover your undead. You can't have them out and about unless you own vast tracts of land away from other people who'd be scared shitless.
>>
File: gegenees.png (2 MB, 921x1159) Image search: [Google]
gegenees.png
2 MB, 921x1159
Dude's got six arms.
Wait, aren't giants supposed to be humanoids?
>>
Heyo everybody. Anyone ever run a Western Marches game? I'm looking for advice and experiences.
>>
>>43727286
These guys aren't meant to be in Golarion, most likely are Akythonian.
>>
File: stormghost.png (2 MB, 921x1160) Image search: [Google]
stormghost.png
2 MB, 921x1160
>>43727219
Fuck I captured the cursor because I'm incompetent, my honor demands I correct this and then commit sudoku
>>
>>43727261
I was thinking ungent of timelessness and fresh bodies, so they don't look like dead people or smell like them, they're just cold. Then I don't let people near them.
>>
>>43727219
Looks pretty standard, climb speed is helpful and its gets a few natural attacks but not a bunch. The attacks themselves are okay, since I think you still get the extra 1d6 electricity damage with it. You can pick up the resistances once you're using Monstrous Physique IV, but otherwise I don't think you can get any of its abilities.

Looks really cool, though.

>>43727286
Huge size means fat bonuses (+6 size bonus to your Strength, a –4 penalty to your Dexterity, and a +6 natural armor bonus) and a lot of reach, plus it comes with 6 natural attacks. I know you can't make a claw attack with a hand that's holding a weapon you're attacking with when you combine natural and manufactured weapons, but I'm not sure the same restriction applies to slams attacks with your arms. Either way, you're still getting 4-6 slam attacks (or fewer, I guess, if you carry around a bunch of weapons sized for huge creatures) depending on what kind of weapon you're using. The attacks themselves deal greatsword damage plus grab, so that's pretty awesome. No special abilities you can pick up and I don't think you can increase your base running speed with Monstrous Physique so that's really all it offers, but it still seems pretty good if you just want something that can totally beat the shit out of anything stuck on the ground.
>>
>>43727286
>name is literally "gg"
Pppfht.
>>
>>43726902
>Invisibility
>Rides on back
>Can use wands
>Adorable
>Infinite alcohol
>>
What is the qualitative difference between aberrations and magical beasts or monstrous humanoids? Why is the type system so annoyingly arbitrary and pointless? Does anyone have suggestions to fix it? Throw it out and build a replacement from scratch?
>>
>>43727056
Ok, so I've improved it greatly. It now uses the rules for generating capital to make magic capital for the Homunculi.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
int i, total, homunculi, weeks, rate, gen, required, temp, requireddiff;
homunculi = 50;
total = 0;
weeks = 52*25;
temp = 0;

for (i=1; i<=weeks; i++){
rate = 148*8+11*9+4*10+.1*88+8*2+9*2+10*2+11*2+12*2+13*2+14*2+15*2+16*2+17+homunculi*5;

gen = rate/525;
required = gen*10.5;
requireddiff = required-temp;
homunculi = homunculi-requireddiff;

total = total + 148*8+11*9+4*10+.1*88+8*2+9*2+10*2+11*2+12*2+13*2+14*2+15*2+16*2+17+homunculi*5;

while (total >= 525){
total = total-525;
homunculi++;
}

temp = required;

}
cout << "Total Homunculi at week " << weeks << " is " << homunculi+required << endl;
cout << "Totel working Homuncili at week " << weeks << " is " << homunculi << endl;
cout << "Totel capital generating Homuncili at week " << weeks << " is " << required << endl;
cout << "Current production rate " << rate << endl;

return 0;
}

At 25 years there are nearly half a billion homunculi.
>>
First time playing a class with item crafting. Anyone mind checking if I understood it properly?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items#TOC-Magic-Item-Creation

>The DC to create a magic item is 5 + the caster level for the item.
So for belts and headbands, will the CL always remain 8 regardless if its +2,+4,+6?

On Cloaks of resistance it explicitly states on the item that
>"creator’s caster level must be at least three times the cloak’s bonus"
Does this mean that the CL for determining the crafting DC also increases or is it just a prerequisite for crafting that item?

On the craft rod section it says:
>Skill(s) Required: Spellcraft, Craft (jewelry), Craft (sculptures), or Craft (weapons).
First off seeing as there are multiple skills required to I need to roll all three (spellcraft, jewelry and sculptures/weapons) skills or does it mean that I only need to have one rank in there to qualify?
>>
>>43728150
For Rod it means it required one of them. That's why it says or, not and.
>>
>>43727884

Aberrations are generally "weird and unnatural." Magical beats are "magical animals." Monstrous humanoids are "people who are too ugly to be considered humanoids."

A bit ago, some friends and I had put some thought into condensing the types of this game into a much simpler setup, while keeping the same feel of the creatures. What we arrived at was this:

>Four types - Automaton, Beast, Humanoid, Outsider
>Automatons are things that don't follow normal or even fantasy biology to function. Plants, constructs, many undead, oozes, etc.
>Beasts are big beasties and such
>Humanoids are person-shaped things
>Outsiders are beings for whom being made of planestuff is more defining than other things

In addition to these four types, you'd have a bunch of subtypes to help differentiate. However, these subtypes would NOT be locked to a type. Depending on stuff, you could get a fairly large variety while keeping it workable.

>Humanoid (Dragon) is a dragonman, half-dragon, dragonborn, etc
>Beast (Dragon) is a true dragon, or that little dragonfly dragon, etc
>Automaton (Plant) gets you plant monsters, while Humanoid (Plant, Fey) might get you a dryad
>Many fey get to be Beast (Fey) and Humanoid (Fey), but the truly terrifying and powerful fey royalty are forces of nature themselves, so they're Outsider (Fey)
>Demons might be Humanoid or Beast (Demonic), or the more powerful ones could be Outsider (Demonic). or all of them might be Outsider (Demonic)
>Automaton (Construct) is a golem, Humanoid (Construct) is an android
>Automaton (Undead) is a skeleton or zombie, Humanoid (Undead) is a vampire, Outsider (Undead) is a nightshade
>Humanoid (Aberrant) might be a mind flayer or elan, and then weirder stuff intersects with other types
>Animals and many magical beasts are just Beast, no subtype. Humanoids get their racial subtype, etc
>>
>>43728276
I'd go with the four big types above, then a set of subtypes for big things (Elemental, Plant, Undead, Construct, Giant, Aberrant, Fey), then branch out into the smaller subtypes we already have for Archons, Demons, Angels, elves...

And then make rangers less bad and more fun to play by having them just pick from a type, not subtype combinations, and eventually get every type onto their list of favored enemies.
>>
So, I'm a Zen Archer.
I'm probably a terrible person for picking this over other ranged classes but it seemed really cool and I'm liking it.

I'm level 8 now and I'm wondering.. Should I bother with purchasing Trip Arrows?

The CMB for them is a +5 and I think for this level that might be a bit low.

My idea was to ready an action to shoot anyone coming close to the casters on round one when they're doing their summoning and buffing.
>>
Hey DSP guys, any ideas on whether you'll give initiating archetypes to more Paizo classes?
>>
when do proteans get a real race that aren't ganzi
>>
>Aroden = Anunnaki thread on Paizo forums

Many keks are being had, even the resident grumpy pants doesn't seem that disgusted by the idea.
>>
>>43728150
>So for belts and headbands, will the CL always remain 8 regardless if its +2,+4,+6?

Yes, unless you choose to craft the item with a higher caster level. You can craft any item at a higher than normal caster level, up to a maximum of your own caster level. This doesn't normally increase the power of the item (except for things like potions or scrolls, and possibly items that let you use/benefit from a certain spell X/day or for x rounds/day if you convince your DM of it), so it's primarily for making it harder to other people to use Dispel Magic on the item.

>Does this mean that the CL for determining the crafting DC also increases or is it just a prerequisite for crafting that item?

No, the caster level of the item stays the same. That's only a prerequisite for crafting the item which, incidentally, can be ignored like any other by increasing the DC to craft the item by 5.

>First off seeing as there are multiple skills required to I need to roll all three (spellcraft, jewelry and sculptures/weapons) skills or does it mean that I only need to have one rank in there to qualify?

No, you need only roll once check. It's simply there to indicate that you can use any of these skills to craft a magical rod. The rules for crafting magic items state, "the spellcaster must make a single skill check (usually Spellcraft, but sometimes another skill) to finish the item. If an item type has multiple possible skills, you choose which skill to make the check with."
>>
>you can take feats without meeting their prerequisites
What's your take on it /pfg/?

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2l4kc?Feats-Prerequisite#26
>>
>>43728331
What martial classes still need initiating archetypes, Cavalier, Skald, Brawler, Slayer, Bloodrager, Gunslinger and Hunter?
>>
>>43726938
>We count undead on taking 10 on a profession check as an unskilled laborer.
I don't think mindless undead can do any sort of labour without heavy supervision, unskilled or no. But the rules don't seem to explicitly forbid it, so...
>>
>>43728331
Yes. We meant to get Cavalier and then ran out of page space. We'll also be getting some of the hybrid classes and possibly Paizo!Vigilante, though no promises. As before, full casters such as wizard, druid, psion, etc will not be included or considered.
>>
Did they put any mire Qlippoth in bestiary 5?
I remember them talking about a lizard one that wielded weapons with their tongues that never got started, so I'm hoping thst' s in there.
>>
Can someone post the Weapon Master's Handbook Paladin Archetype?
>>
>>43728451
Thanks Anon, this helped a whole lot. By the way, is it worth crafting it at higher level or are the odds of the items getting dispelled outside of disjunction unlikely in a typical campaign?
>>
>>43728529
Nope, no qlippoth.
>>
>>43727434
Fresh bodies still look like corpses.
>>
File: archetypes.jpg (1 MB, 4515x3200) Image search: [Google]
archetypes.jpg
1 MB, 4515x3200
>>43728533
i got you senpai
>>
>>43728471
Sounds fine to me, mechanically. Fluffwise, might be a bit weird if someone tried taking the end of a style feat chain without the prior feats, but that's more of a case-by-case thing.
>>
>>43728569
FUCK
YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT A MONSTER THEN JUST NOT MENTION THEM EVER AGAIN

IT'S LIKE FLUFF BLUEBALLS
>>
>>43727884
Monstrous humanoids are humanoids + magic, magical beasts are animals + magic and aberrations are completely alien.
>>
>>43728501
>>43728527
Awesome, glad to hear it!
>>
>>43727286
He is a humanoid. Says so right there in the stat block.
>>
>>43728576
A very fresh corpse (like, literally animate it seconds after killing someone) looks just like a person. As long as you use something that doesn't leave a mark, you'll be fine.
>>
>>43728711
>monstrous humanoid
Those are separate types, anon.
>>
>>43728514
Literally their job would be "Carry things in this pile and stack them over here" level stuff. A team of ten have one supervisor.
>>
>>43728558
It really depends on your DM, I think. I don't know of any Paizo APs where there are enemies whose tactics are specifically spelled out as "they try to dispel the PC's shit" but I also haven't read most APs, so I wouldn't know. Some DMs have a mentality that they are playing against the players, and those are the ones I'd say might throw enemies at the PCs that want to dispel their stuff. Otherwise, I don't see it as likely to come up. So generally I'd say no, as the antagonistic DMs that are the sort to try dispeling it will probably also find a way to fuck you over even if you stuff survives repeated Dispel Magic attempts.
>>
>>43728749
Well shit. I was so focused on trying to make a joke I missed an entire word. Whoops.

Wait, I mean... monstrous humanoid is technically a type of humanoid. There, joke saved.
>>
>>43728732
Then unguent of timelessness and gentle repose will keep them looking like a human.
>>
>>43728291

>Party: Hey Ranger, what's your favored enemy?
>Ranger: I HATE EVERYTHING!
>Party: ... *backs away slowly*
>>
Guys I have a vital question.
One of my players wants to play a Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple and wants to use his natural weapons in combat, the problem is that we are playing Iron Gods.
Which magic item does help someone overcome hardness in that regard?
>>
I want to have a Temmie as a familiar and then put a Cythnigot in her
>>
>>43729005

No joke, I have allowed rangers to have Favored Enemy (Everything) in my games. It's been pretty fun.
>>
>>43729017
+4 amulet of mighty fists
Rather expensive though
>>
>>43729039
That'll let you overcome DR X/adamantine, it does nothing against hardness.
>>
>>43729039
Can't afford that yet.
>>
>>43729089
Oh, really? That's dumb.
I never understood why some monsters have DR/adamantine and some have hardness, seems like an arbitrary distinction.
>>
File: Svarog_detector.jpg (185 KB, 698x691) Image search: [Google]
Svarog_detector.jpg
185 KB, 698x691
Would force effects block radiation?
>>
>>43729017
>using natural weapons
>not iterative
He's going to be shit and there's no way you can help him.
>>
>>43729017
Anything that lets you treat your attacks as Adamantine.
>>
>>43729112
Technically no.
I think there are specific spells for that in the Technology Guide.
>>
>>43726938
>>43727056
>>43727890
Hey guys, coding retard here again. Here is the total population of the organization:

Followers:
135 Level 1 Experts/Adepts
13 Level 2 Experts/Adepts
7 level 3 Experts/Adepts
4 level 4 Experts/Adepts
2 level 5 Experts/Adepts
2 level 6 Experts/Adepts

Former Apprentices:
1 Level 1 Commoner
1 Level 2 Commoner
1 Level 3, 4, 5, ... 19 Level Wizards
1 level 20 Wizard (my PC)

Undead:
928 zombies between all local wizards. Assuming all capable wizards specialize in either animate dead or lesser animate dead (they would be taught to by my character)

Homunculi:
Production Stopped at 3000 1HD homunculi, requiring a little less than 5 years of the group's production.
200 1HD scroll public crafting Homunculi
100 3HD potion public crafting Homunculi
100 3HD wondrous item public crafting Homunculi
50 5HD magic arms & armor public crafting Homunculi
50 5HD wand public crafting Homunculi
25 7HD ring public crafting Homunculi
25 7HD construct public crafting Homunculi
15 9HD rod public crafting Homunculi
5 11HD staff public crafting Homunculi

All other Homunculi use the homunculi addition to give them psuedo CLs and the relevant item crafting fears. They also have their initial feat changed to cooperative crafting (if that wouldn't be allowed in game increase their HD by 2)

Hirelings:
1000 skilled hirelings (costing 10000gp to employ per month)
2000 unskilled hirelings (costing 6000gp to employ per month)

(after 5 years the organization's profits cover their wages, growth would cap here for initial employees)

So, how fucking retarded am I?
>>
>>43729112
>
Probably not, since they're transparent and probably some sort of solid magic vacuum.
>>
>>43729112
>Radiation suffuses a spherical area of effect that can extend into solid objects
nah
>>
>>43729112
This spell is your friend:
http://www.archivesofnethys.com/SpellDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Remove%20Radioactivity
>>
>>43729144
Total indivudals: 7681
This is actually employees and would not include students. Everyone level 3 and above is likely a lecturer of some kind, so 27 indivudals at base. We'd need more teachers, so lets they're they're included in the skilled laborers.
>>
As the guy who suggested making a humonculus, know they don't want to be outside of a mile radius from their master. So unless you are staying there don't include them in your calculations. When a homunculus is killed the master takes 2d10 damage. When a master is killed the homunculi go insane and attempt to claim the nearby area as their domain.

If I wanted to fuck you I'll just assassinate a single wizard and you've got hundreds of insane creatures trying to kill everyone else, with every single kill further compounding the problem further. Killing a wizard makes all his humonculi go insane, and killing the humonculi will hurt the wizard. It'd be a fire that fuels itself, and it'd be fucking hilarious as a player to ruin all your planning because you have a weakness greater than a phylactery.

Also, I dunno if an individual will remain as a hireling to you if after working with you for five years they have like ten humonculi bound to their will to make 200gp a month for them and the hireling doesn't have to do anything. Also, what's to stop me from casting dominate person on one of them and stealing your highly specialized work force?
>>
Can you modify Celestial Armour via Craft Magic Arms and Armour?
>>
>>43729218
>Also, I dunno if an individual will remain as a hireling to you if after working with you for five years they have like ten humonculi bound to their will to make 200gp a month for them and the hireling doesn't have to do anything.
No employees have homunculi, only former cohorts, who are assumed to be fairly loyal.

As for the the problem of homunculi being killed or a wizard being killed. That's why I'm capping the homunculi population, and the majority of homunculi would be bound to the higher level cohorts, so as to make them safer.

As for just walking away? Just have to make sure that their gig there is better. Hopefully the former cohorts are loyal.
>>
>>43729256
yes
>>
>>43729265
How? Just assume that 9000gp of the base cost is for the +3 and assume that the rest is paying for the rest of the armour, assuming it's made of Mithral?

How can I get rid of the rest of the ACP?
>>
Building an 8th level Zen Archer Monk. DM hates us so we had to choose between Core only classes but we get archetypes or any class but no archetypes.

I don't get his hate for archetypes, but I'd rather have them. He also recently said unless I can physically hand him the printed source I couldn't use anything, so that sucks. Mostly leaves out corner stuff like the Guided weapon enchantment since I don't have the book it comes from.

We have all the Pathfinder books pretty much.

So how do I make the best Zen Archer with these shitty restrictions?
>>
>>43729360
Don't play a monk.
>>
>>43729360
I'd recommend not playing with this GM if he's going to be such an autist.
>>
>>43729382
>>43729400
It's just for a one shot, so I'm gonna do what I want.

Should have mentioned that in my post, sorry.
>>
>tfw you will never get to play a centaur
>>
>>43729408
you're literally playing a tier 6 class i don't know how to help you
>>
>>43729433
Zen Archer is arguably Tier 4. It's the best Archer, that's for sure.
>>
>>43729256
You can do that for any magical item really, except artifacts. I'm not sure specifically how it works, but I know you can. Adding an effect like glamered costs money, adding an effect like balanced costs a +1 bonus. The description says this is a +3 chainmail. An item can only go up to +10 on what you enchant it with. Does Celestial armor give no enhancement bonus but have it's magical effects, meaning it has +7 left in the budget? Or is it already a +3 chainmail that's worth 9k with a 13k enchantment, costing the 22.4k buy price?
>>
Is there a witch archetype that let's you get your spells from an outsider faction and an appropriate familiar?
>>
>>43729360
FYI, Guided was a 3.5 enchantment which means a DM who does a core only game wouldn't allow it.

Also, don't play core only games, especially ones where you need to have a physical copy of the book to use anything.
>>
>>43729458
>It's the best Archer, that's for sure.
The lies these filthy 1pp subhumans tell.
>>
>>43729476
I believe it's the latter.
>>
>>43729481
Just use a Patron appropriate to the faction you want. Patrons are left undefined for a reason.
>>
>>43727059
>"Well, great, you got yourself ascended. What's the next part of your master plan?"
>>
>>43729427
Bloodforge kinda has you covered. File the serial numbers off of Decataur.
>>
>>43729494
It's not a core only game, it's core CLASSES.

>>43729500
Obviously since I'm talking about a 1PP game, I'm talking about 1PP archers.
>>
>>43729458
Bruh its not even tier 4. Its tier 5 at best. AT BEST.

As for >best archer

Bard laughs at you
>>
>>43729500
It is in 1PP land. Not once you get DSP involved
>>
>>43729554
Puts the most arrows possible into the air. Laughs at Bard.
>>
>>43729566
The most arrows don't make you the best sweet child.
>>
Does anyone have any more information on the racial weapon masters?
>>
>>43729566
>MORE DAMAGE = BESTEREST
retard
>>
>>43729581
>>43729615
Enjoy being wrong while my Zen Archer continues to be the best archer.
>>
>>43729648
>being this delusional
Hello, Paizo.
>>
>>43729648
Actually the best archer in Pathfinder is a Paladin.
>>
>>43729106
Objects have hardness. The "monsters" that have hardness are generally animated objects - which only have hardness because they started as normal objects - and 3pp monsters made by people who don't understand the difference between hardness and damage reduction.
>>
>>43729719
And Paizo's robot monsters
>>
File: 1446607782364.jpg (65 KB, 567x561) Image search: [Google]
1446607782364.jpg
65 KB, 567x561
>>43729566
Oh, hey BUILDPOSTER.
>>
>>43729115
What? You can get a pretty large array of natural weapons. Natural weapon Barbarian is a pretty common and powerful option (powerful for a Barbarian, I mean).

It was trivially easy for me to get my Bloodrager with claw/claw/bite/gore at level 10, so it shouldn't be that hard on a normal Barbarian either.
>>
>>43729745
I haven't really looked at that material, so I wouldn't know.
>>
Out of all the tiefling ancestor choices, which do you like the best?
>>
>>43729797
Well robots are pretty common in Iron Gods is the issue
>>
>>43729822
Asura, Oni, Rakshasa, Qlippoth
>>
>>43729685
If you're shooting something evil, not so much otherwise.
>>
>>43729853
Literally this

are you me
>>
>>43729869
Depends, are you a Wildlife Biology major living in the middle of the prairie who can never get around to writing your homebrew setting down?
>>
>>43729822
My personal favorite is Daemon, though I very much like Devil for the Fiendish Vessel archetype.
>>
>>43729719
Actually hardness gets used in some cases because it's a good way of ensuring it actually works.

DR means fuck all against energy damage and most magical attacks. It basically only works against Piercing/Slashing/Bludgeoning weapons.

Hardness is a combination DR and Energy Resist. It's also generally much lower than some DRs get, but actually gets to apply, because DR 500/Evil is DR 0/fuckthisshit against basically anything of even half the level it's supposed to be facing off against.

Other than Adamantine weapons most things will always be reduced by hardness, making it easy to set or balance the bot's defensive capabilities whether it's being shot at by crossbow bolts, lasers, or someone with 25d6 per shot in the destruction sphere.
>>
>>43728276
That's a bit similar to 4e. Although 4e chucked out the stupid outsider type in favor of the much more sensible origins.

5e combined magical beasts and monstrous humans, folded vermin into animals, and split outsiders into celestials and fiends. It also changed many monsters to different types because certain types were redefined to be less arbitrary (e.g. genies are elementals, aberrations are aliens only, driders are monstrosities). Honestly the 5e type system is superior to PF and the unchained monster rules that remove type baggage make it very easy to house rule that in.

>>43728613
Aberrations are not only aliens. It includes magical experiments and tons of other things. In short, completely arbitrary.
>>
>>43729897
I'm a chem major living in the middle of the swamp who can never get around to writing my homebrew setting down.

What's yours about?
>>
I deal like the Zen Archer dude doesn't understand what makes it a higher Tier than standard Monk. It's because it allows you to become SAD for wis, gives you free semi-multishot and all your requires archery feats, and your bonus movespeed and AC is actually useful for a ranged character since it helps you out-zone enemies and jumping to high places is actually helpful more for a ranged character than a melee character.

Then again, its still only barely scraping into Tier 4, because Monk, but the focus on ranged combat helps it mitigate the problems with the core class.
>>
>>43729218>>43729261
What if the BBEG wizard knows this and slays all his cohorts leaving a raving mass of crazed homonoculus roaming about to destroy the region.
>>
>>43729946
In 3.5 at least, "aberrations" were nearly exclusively "weird shit native to the Material Plane." If it was from anywhere else, it was an Outsider.
>>
>>43729945
>Actually hardness gets used in some cases because it's a good way of ensuring it actually works.

>In some cases

This is why I said "generally" instead of "every single time".
>>
>>43729970
It's kinda complicated. It started as a practice in making unique non-humanesqe races and focusing more on racial ethnicities and subgroups while also giving humans thier own niche. The tech level is approximately mid-to-late Bronze Age, and the cosmology is kind of a mix between Kabbalah, Mormonism (say what you will, they got fun stuff to pilfer from since they basically fuse Christianity and Judaism together) and Norse mythology, while borrowing inspiration from Kirkbride, K6BD, and Berserk.

Also Humans are the only race with permanently swollen mammaries and thick beards. Because fuck yo magical Realms.
>>
>>43722259
Can you show me where the text backs that up?
Mage Hunter seems to just use your Myrmidon Progression as RAW right now. Am I missing something in the system in regard to prestige classing in Path of War?
>>
Are there any rules for making rifts to the far realm or other places of pure chaos? I'm making a 'wizard scientist tower' quest for my campaign and wondering if there's anything already-made or a starting point for making weird randomized shit pouring out of a slowly-worsening rift.
>>
>>43730101
Use the spellscar chart from Inner Sea Magic.
>>
>>43729945
Actually, no. Paizo devs confirmed that hardness on creatures is just physical damage reduction after PFS kept crying about robots.
>>
>>43730124
Awesome, that works.
>>
>>43730082
Ah. See, mine's based on antiquities Middle Asia (So Baktria, Seleucia, and the other Hellenic-Persian empires are a big influence) with cosmology drawn from primarily Indian, Mesopotamian, and Egyptian sources. The Sun once landed on the plane and blasted everything to dust and now the rest of the gods are busy upholding the 'Vaults of Heaven' as a way to keep the Sun in the sky where he belongs instead of walking the earth seeking his dead waifu.

Problem is, the automaton race that was created to search the Underworld for said dead waifu (the nature-goddess) actually found her, and they're trying to get in touch with the Sun for a payday. Which is liable to cause about five different kinds of cataclysm if they pull it off.
>>
Today in pathfinder
http://tencopper.com/article/2015/06/pathfinder-diversity-representation-garund-bestiary-5/
HURR
DURR
Why are Social Justice fetishist critics so shit
>>
File: 1406188498589.png (88 KB, 518x848) Image search: [Google]
1406188498589.png
88 KB, 518x848
Masters of RAW I need your help.
Does Blood money work with parchment swarm for the purpose of artifically creating spell scrolls?

Relevant links
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/parchment-swarm
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/blood-money

Because if yes, shit that would be fucking awesome.
>>
>>43730097

When you learn a maneuver, the maximum level is capped by your IL, not class level. For archetype maneuvers, they have a specific exception to this regarding maneuvers they learn as part of their progression. The Advanced Study feat does not care about that progression, though, it just lets you learn maneuvers. Ditto the PrCs; they're adding maneuvers known but they aren't from the base class' progression.
>>
>>43730196
>because they are literally retarded
>>
>>43730196
>Ctrl + F Problematic
>Its there twice
>In the name of a blog
>>
>>43730254
Its their special little word that means nothing, but you should be ashamed if they wheel it out and point it at you.

In other news, the new Psychopomps gone bad are fucking awesome.
>>
>>43730097
>>43730209

The text in question:

>At every even-numbered level, a mage hunter gains new maneuvers known from the Scarlet Throne, Steel Serpent, Solar Wind, and Veiled Moon disciplines. He must meet a maneuver's prerequisites to learn it. He adds his full mage hunter levels to his initiator level to determine his total initiator level and his highest-level maneuvers known.
>At levels 3rd, 6th and 9th, he gains an additional maneuver readied per day, and at 2nd, 5th, and 8th levels he may exchange a known maneuver for a different maneuver that he qualifies for.

So you learn a maneuver at these levels.

>Martial maneuvers are organized by level, much like spells. Generally, higher-level maneuvers are more powerful than lower-level ones. As you gain levels, you can choose higher-level maneuvers. Your level in a martial disciple class determines the highest- level maneuvers you can choose. For example, a 10th level warlord can choose maneuvers of 5th level or lower.

And then a table. From http://www.d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/systems-and-use

I can't find exact text about the myrmidon's max level in the doc in the playtest thread, but the DSP devs are on record saying that this is how it works.
>>
Is there any way I can improve on this?
http://pastebin.com/BuSCnkyy

apologies for all the shilling
>>
>>43730178
Personally I prefer my cosmology to be more apocryphal, as it allows mystery and Faith to exist and be used as good plot elements, with most of your typical spell-granting divinities being mostly in racial Pantheons and relatively small in the grand scheme of things, with the exceptions being the three cosmic assholes who slipped thier influence into the same universe when the ancient empire that once spanned all 4 planets (and an artificial wandering moon) tried to euphoria everything apart because "Godbis holding us down, so lets break everything since we're already ammoral fleshcrafter, mad wizards, and scientists" this led to "The War of Sundered Heavens" and resulted in the Empire destroyed, its citizens being either wiped out, turned into the first Fae, or became the Azata (Outsiders in the setting are super rare, and usually only 1-4 of any given one exists). After that the dragons, the Azata, and the various servitor and slave races (both natural and engineered) started purging all the ancient tech and destroyed every trace of the ancient empire, except the wandering moon which became an autonomous sovereignty under the lead of the universe's first Paladin (named so for founding his council atop the ancient Grand Palladium Forge) and voluntarily disconnected thier home from the rest of the worlds. And yes, they are synthetically created organisms, and they have a grand artifact that houses the collective wisdom of all of thier Great Paladins.

Meanwhile the God who created the sane universe watches over to make sure everything is working well, without knowing the end goal because he purged the purpose of creating the universe from his memory, and he trusts his past self so he won't restore the memory until his built in contingency remembrance clocks in when the time is right.
>>
>Aasimar don't get a minus to stats
>>
File: file.png (165 KB, 387x319) Image search: [Google]
file.png
165 KB, 387x319
>>43730446
They're too pretty for stat penalties anon.
>>
>>43729458
Tell me about Zen Archer. What can it do other than shot arrow gud?
>>
>>43730476
>Literally the perfect arcanist
>>
>>43730428
Fun fact: my robots are also Paladins

They're just not very good Paladins. They sort of tapped the divine source of a dead god instead of doing the normal LAW AND GOOD thing and have been abusing it.

And yeah, I generally prefer a more far-off cosmology, so I sort of mixed both approaches here for something where the gods used to be more active (the aforementioned Sun-landing is why the dwarves live in a desert full of gems - it used to be a mountain, but that was the Sun's touchdown zone) but have been forced to retreat from the world and mostly fade into myth and legend and interpretation.
>>
>>43729822
Sahkil.
>>
>>43726989
James Sutter: "I adore this thread."
>>
Has anyone used the rules for removing alignment to implement "real" alignments?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/alignment-description/additional-rules#TOC-Removing-Alignment
http://easydamus.com/alignmentreal.html
>>
>>43730499
a feat is probably worth more to an arcanist than 2 charisma tbqh, but aasimar do get a lot of nice stuff on top of that

mostly aasimar provide access to the unbelievably useful +2 to spell penetration now, so you don't have to play a doofy elf and take the con hit. but now elves get free spell focus??? thanks paizo??
>>
>>43730446
There is a reason they are the go to snowflake race.

And that isn't the only reason.
>>
>>43730489
It has many of the usual Monk stuff. Movement, Ki, decent skills. Also gives you basically everything you need for those arrows, so your feats are WIDE open for whatever you want
>>
>>43730097

It's currently ambiguous in the playtest documents, and we're sorry about that, although >>43730286 has it right.

In the release version of Path of War Expanded, this will be made more explicit, with the following line in each archetype's maneuvers ability:

>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through myrmidon levels is limited by the those listed in that table as well, although this restriction does not apply to maneuvers gained through other methods, such as through other classes or the Advanced Study feat.
>>
>>43730196
Jessie Price has a sailor mouth!
>>
>>43730206
No.
>>
>>43730624
not the same guy, but why not? looks like it works to me, the magic scroll is an (M) for Parchment Swarm.
>>
>>43730726
Takes too long. Blood Money materials have to be used immediately
>>
>>43730773
I am a big fan of this trait: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/regional-traits/blood-steed

Naming it Agro is not mandatory, but it is encouraged.
>>
>>43730726
yes but blood money can't make magic items
>>
>>43730773
Leadership feat, get a druid with natural spell
Bam, horse that is tough as fuck and can cast 9th level spells
>>
>>43730781
>Agro
>not a Heavy Horse

That fucker was massive.
>>
deleted the post cause i accidentalyl asked for /pol/ not /tg/ lel

>>43730781
maybe i can convince my DM to let it work for riding dog.. But it doesn't really buff up the mount at all

>>43730794
>implying leadership isn't banned

?
>>
>>43730206
I'm not looking at the Blood Money spell at the moment, but if I recall it can't make magical items so you can't use it to make components that are themselves magical (like for the Transformation spell, which IIRC needs potion of bull's strength as a component).

It doesn't matter much anyway, since Parchment Swarm is an unfortunately not-so-great spell (which is a damn shame because it would be thematically great for my character, who is focusing on scrolls). If you could use it to damage multiple creatures while also forcing all of them (or even just one) to save against the extra effects of a first level spell at the DC of Parchment Swarm, that'd be pretty cool and fairly interesting.
>>
If I made a Qlippoth tiefling, would a melee touch attack that deals 1D2 wisdom damage (that scales up as the PC levels) like a Shoggti's Braincloud be balanced?
>>
http://pastebin.com/VJBjDUbx

Thought on this? Wanting to make a non-sucking brawler.
>>
>>43730521

Everyone seems to be loving the thread, just need to get some light-hearted discussion on the evidence to make it downright comfy.
>>
>>43730835
hard to build around, especially if given an action cost
>>
>>43730835
No. No it wouldn't be. Mental ability score damage tends to be a high-grade effect.
>>
So is the Animal Ally feat worth taking? Two feats for an improved mount seems not too bad

I get power attack for free thanks to my GM, so its really only one feat

Worth?
>>
>>43730618
Assyrian? That's not right, right? I don't really have room to talk because I jokingly do the same thing with Aasimar all the time.
>>
And now that I went to the bother of making a new account to discuss the Anunnaki thing I discovered that I actually was IP-banned from Paizo for not being a SJW in that one discussion a few months back. Fuck.
>>
>>43730196

This was made almost 6 months ago, silly.
>>
>>43730894
power attack? you mean, uh, nature soul, right?
>>
>>43730476
Where's that from?
>>
>>43728150
Relevant question, can you use craft wondrous items to upgrade an existing item? For example upgrade a +3 cloak of resistance to +5. If yes, how do you compute the time spent/upgrade cost.
>>
>>43730963
find the difference, use that.
>>
>>43730943
No i mean i get power attack for free.

Which means i have more feats freed up that would usually take up slots.
>>
>>43730963
Yes. Subtract the old price from the new one
>>
>>43730963
Yes, you can upgrade magic items like that. The cost you'll pay to upgrade is half the difference in market price between what you're starting with and what you're making it. Crafting it will take 8 hours per 1,000 GP spent on the process, assuming no fuck-ups that slow you down and assuming you don't raise the DC in order to craft faster.
>>
>you will never play an Agathion-blooded Aasimar
>you will never play with an Agathion-blooded Aasimar
>>
>>43731035
Good.
>>
>>43730894
Am I reading Animal Ally right?
>If you later gain an animal companion through another source (such as the Animal domain, divine bond, hunter's bond, mount, or nature bond class features), the effective druid level granted by this feat stacks with that granted by other sources.
means if you take Animal Ally at 4th level, get an animal companion as if you were a Druid 3 levels lower than your character level... then you take actual Druid levels which STACK with that "your Character Level minus 3", resulting in double-progression from then on? So at level 5 you have an animal companion of level 3, at level 6 you have an animal companion of level 5, at level 7 you have an animal companion of level 7, at level 8 you have an animal companion of level 9, etc until level 14 where the companion hits 20?
>>
>>43731084
You are reading it correctly.
>>
>>43731084
Yeah.
>>
>>43731035
Agathion are too enlightened for that.
they would get pretty dere if you complemented their animal aspects though. The opposite is also true
>>
>>43731084
It SOUNDS abusive but you know what's way more abusive? Actually having 4 more real Druid levels.
>>
>>43731035
What?
>>
>>43731130

Agathion are holy animal people, Agathion-blooded would be like... Divine-blooded kenomomimi.
>>
>>43731084
unfortunately, since you get an animal companion from the feat, you no longer qualify for the feat, so good luck with that
>>
File: Agathion.png (504 KB, 661x816) Image search: [Google]
Agathion.png
504 KB, 661x816
>>43731166
This fucked with me so hard considering my first exposure to Agathions were pic related.

I'm still bothered that Asura's and Rakshahas are Lawful.
>>
>>43731166
The horror
>>
>>43731196
It's specifying a thing that happens when you break one of its conditions; that means it overrides the general case.
>>
>>43730561
>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through myrmidon levels is limited by the those listed in that table as well, although this restriction does not apply to maneuvers gained through other methods, such as through other classes or the Advanced Study feat.
Bad wording. That just makes it sound like "A warlord who takes a level of myrmidon doesn't hurt his warlord maneuvers".

Try this instead:
>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through myrmidon levels is limited by the those listed in that table as well, although this restriction does not apply to maneuvers ADDED TO HIS MANEUVERS KNOWN through other methods, such as through PRESTIGE classes or the Advanced Study feat.
>>
>>43730521
Pretty amazing thread
>>
>>43731333
The sad bit is that I noticed part of this right after I posted and went to fix it. Going to make the second change to it. Thanks for the feedback.
>>
>>43731362
>>43730885
Justly so
>>
>>43731197
>I'm still bothered that Asura's and Rakshahas are Lawful.

Why?
>>
>>43731333
>>43731364
Might need an extra clarification:

>The maximum level of maneuvers gained through myrmidon levels is limited by the those listed in that table as well. This restriction does not apply to maneuvers added to his maneuvers known through other methods, such as through prestige classes or the Advanced Study feat; such maneuvers are restricted by his initiator level, as normal.
>>
>>43729427
I played a centaur cavalier/warlord in a campaign. It's a shame the group imploded due to two of the players having an affair with each other.
>>
File: 1444280798993.png (99 KB, 494x375) Image search: [Google]
1444280798993.png
99 KB, 494x375
>>43731265
>>43731197
>>43731166

>Pic related is a totally valid character concept for an Agathion-blooded Aasimar from Tianjing.
>>
>>43731609
That's a woo!
>>
File: 1411893122536.jpg (97 KB, 700x520) Image search: [Google]
1411893122536.jpg
97 KB, 700x520
>>43731609
>>
>>43731622
Just let her swoof right in.
>>
File: 1423761377743.jpg (1 MB, 990x2162) Image search: [Google]
1423761377743.jpg
1 MB, 990x2162
>>43731609

What class would Momiji be? She strikes me as a straight Warder.
>>
File: 1404460531540.jpg (697 KB, 706x1000) Image search: [Google]
1404460531540.jpg
697 KB, 706x1000
>>43731665
Either a Warder or one of the neo-Fighters (Myrmidon+Lore Warden+Weapon Master's Handbook).
>>
Ok, so I need to know, is a soul used when making an undead? Do I like grab the soul and shove it in and make it move?
>>
>>43727286
Did they learn nothing from cave druids and the carnivorous crystal? Goliath druids, here we go!
>>
>>43731712
For intelligent undead you're corrupting the existing soul and making it into an undead.
For mindless undead you're just making the body move around, the soul isn't touched.
>>
File: 1382919967718.jpg (2 KB, 350x241) Image search: [Google]
1382919967718.jpg
2 KB, 350x241
>>43731609

>mfw I can now awoo
>>
Do weapon creation rules cover things like hybrid weapons? A bladestaff for someone who wants a magic stick with a sword on it's end? Or maybe a combo spear/sling? Or a lance with crossbow mount?
>>
>>43731769
Bladestaff is called a Naginata, the combo spear/sling is called an Atlatl.
>>
when do you we get a lawful outsider race
>>
>>43731813
You mean aside from axiomites and inevitables?
>>
>>43731813

You mean Archons?
>>
>>43731813
Don't Inevitables count?
>>
>>43731813
Several years ago
>>
>>43731665
She's got excellent vision (possibly clairvoyance, the Japanese term is ambiguous) and is a shogi enthusiast who writes homebrew. So there's grounds for either Int-based or Wis-based.
>>
>>43731862
>and is a shogi enthusiast who writes homebrew
>who writes homebrew
Wait, what? She makes homebrew for games?
>>
>>43731833
>>43731843
>>43731847
>>43731853
i meant like tieflings and assimar, but lawful instead of good or evil
>>
It just occured to me that the art for angels is depicting angels from Heaven, who look like Archons. Angels from Nirvana or Elysium would look recognizably different: Nirvana angels would look like winged animals a la biblical cherubim and Elysian angels would look like elves with colorful insect wings.
>>
>>43731908
Never.
Some anon made some homebrew ones a couple threads ago though.
>>
>>43731908
Check Dark Roads & Golden Hells. It even has planetouched from the positive energy plane.
>>
>>43731929
You sure about that? They're generally listed as NG.
>>
>>43731931
Here they are.
Three lawfuls (axiomites, inevitables, and formians) and a protean.
>>43730323

I was also thinking about making one foe aeons, but I'm not entirely sure I should.
>>
>>43731902
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Symposium_of_Post-mysticism/Bunbunmaru_Newspaper_11
Momiji is the most /tg/ of Touhous.
Captcha wants me to find waterfalls
>>
>>43732010
>I want to see how shogi in the outside world has evolved with my own eyes. There is the possibility that the rules have been simplified, since all of the new pieces which were found couldn't be promoted. In that case, we tengu would likely find it lacking.

And she's also a grognard apparently.
>>
Alright /tg/

I'm level 2, i have 110 gold

what buy
>>
>>43731908
Are there any simple templates a la celestial/fiendish/entropic/resolute to represent creatures from the ethereal, astral, shadow, energy and elemental planes? Like ethereal monkeys, astral sharks, shadow cats, positive otyghs, negative worgs, fiery purple worms, earthy gelatinous cubes, watery eagles, and airy squids?

>>43731969
Angels are native to all of the upper planes and reflect the particular one they live on. Read the description. Also I am trying to justify why archons and angels have the exact same bland aesthetic.

>>43731990
Formians are now monstrous humanoids for some reason.
>>
Are there any counters in Mithral Current that actually do what they're supposed to and let you dodge full-attacks with movement, or do they all really just go "You can move, but only up TO the enemy :^)"?
>>
>>43731990
Not sure how you could justify Aeon plane touched really
>>
>>43732040

You should read some of the few doujins that feature her.

She's really, really cute.
>>
>>43732060
Their grandpa/ma had sex with an aeon for some reason.

What would you call a half-neutral? Half-law? Half-chaos?
>>
>>43732060
An Aeon decided to fuck some human girls for Balance and Monad (see: shits and giggles).

Maybe they just sort of pop up when something needs fixed, and they always seem to fix it through fate.
>>
>>43732047
B4 has the shadow creature template, occult bestiary has ectoplasmic creature for astral plane. Not sure about the others.
>>
>>43731665
>Dog Sign "Rabies Bite"
>Mountain Nomad "Expellee's Canaan"
>Fang Sign "Chewing Satisfaction"
Steel Serpent is a must.

>She's a colleague, but I need materials for my article, so I had her show me how she chases off intruders. Her skill that makes her look bigger than she actually is, that is impressive! I hope she would always be in charge of guard duty.
Warden sounds good.

>Aya doesn't seem to get along with her, but this white wolf tengu sure has good eyes~ Plus, she has a good nose too, really amazing. Well, isn't it better to write an article about her strong points? Being my colleague and all.
Can aasimar get Scent?
>>
>>43732041
A life.
What class?
>>
>>43732111
Shit, I meant psychoplasmic creature, not ectoplasmic.
>>
>>43732152
Fighter.

new book bruh
>>
>>43729754
If you use dex, and an agile amulet of mighty fists, you can get around the weird stat issues with white haired witches.

With that, assuming you have no racial attacks, you can use beast totem, lesser fiendish totem, the helm of the mammoth lords, a ring of rat fangs, a wand of monstrous extremities and a white haired witch to get to claw/claw/bite/gore/gore/hair/hoof/hoof, and all using dexterity to both attack bonus and damage.

If you play an aasimar and are willing to invest three feats in angelic blood, angelic flesh, and metallic wings, you can also add two wing attacks.

There's been some debate at a few tables about whether the gore attacks from the lesser fiendish totem and helm of the mammoth lords can both be used at the same time, but I've always ruled that you can use both as it specifies you have to use different limbs and body parts, and I feel like the horns on the helm are clearly different "body parts" than the ones attached to you.

There are a few other ways to get regular natural attacks, but they aren't as long lasting, so I don't really tend to consider them as worthwhile.
>>
>>43732183
Got a crafter in the party? If not, just save that shit.
>>
>>43732128
Not sure if Aasimar can get scent, but a level 1 stance in Primal Fury does (as well as boosting movement speed). It'd make sense for her to have it, since she's been mentioned before to be extremely lethal when she has to kill something.
>>
>>43732234
i found some simple shit to spend it on

Ioun torch and a rope
>>
>>43729546
What's the difference exactly?
May as well be a core only game.
>>
>>43732097
What would be the proper all-encompassing terms for outsiders of lawful, neutral and chaotic alignment? Celestials are good, Fiends are evil, but what are the others?

Autarchs and Half-autarchs? Anarchs and Half-anarchs?
>>
File: female zs.jpg (146 KB, 788x1014) Image search: [Google]
female zs.jpg
146 KB, 788x1014
If I take advanced study as an Aegis, and then change disciplines, do I reselect the maneuvers for AS? Or do they go dormant until I get the discipline again?

I need to know for reasons.
>>
>>43732345
A lot of items and feats and races and archetypes and spells and other things like that.
>>
>>43732256
>not already having rope

It's like you don't even adventuring kit, bro.
>>
>>43732448
adventuring kit is overpriced for what it gives

just bought it piecemeal bruv.
>>
>>43732419
They'd go dormant, since you don't get to change the feat and you'd no longer meet the prerequisites for the maneuvers.
>>
For an Investigator is it better to go Str or Dex if i want to be a heavy hitter?
We're going to use the mythic path and I will take Champion, I don't know if it changes anything
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (4 KB, 203x231) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
4 KB, 203x231
What is the lewdest character concept you played completely straight and the party actually liked it?
>>
>>43732488
Figures. Welp, Sleeping Goddess isn't for lack of good 7th+ maneuvers anime strike 9th level maneuver is gonna be fun, if I ever get to use it...
>>
>>43732060
The main reason I'm having trouble deciding whether or not I should try to make them is I'm not sure how to fluff and stat them out out in a reasonable way.

My main idea is that they can choose two cantrips to represent duality.
>>
>>43732551
a completely innocent Little Girl experiencing the world for the first time

I've got a corruption meter running down, at 0% purity she's gonna be your average jaded adventurer.
Yes, it goes into the negatives.
>>
>>43732551
Aberrant aegis tentacle beast focused on grappling everything.
>>
>>43732551
I'm currently playing a female who as an infant had a tattoo of masculinity put on her stomach. Went through puberty as a man, now knows that naturally he is a woman. He does not care much, as the body is a transient existence. Learning he wasn't human shook him up more.
>>
>>43732551
None, since the only lewd stuff I've done has been in the ERP games I've ran.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.