[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kigns of War General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: UnchartedEmpiresCover1.jpg (563 KB, 692x1000) Image search: [Google]
UnchartedEmpiresCover1.jpg
563 KB, 692x1000
Kings of War General
Uncharted Empires

People are playing more than talking apparently.

Latest Rules: https://d.maxfile.ro/sawjxaourj.pdf

Core Lists: https://d.maxfile.ro/cxozpswony.pdf
https://d.maxfile.ro/kkqpoqjqhm.pdf
https://d.maxfile.ro/zmbvtxoygg.pdf

Additional Lists: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=644257362

Faction Rundown: http://pastebin.com/4usF1pLr

Twilight Kin list: http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/twilightkin-v004.pdf

Ratkin list: http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/ratkin.pdf

/tg/ Made Homebrew Content: http://pastebin.com/nxRhWT5R

Mediafire archive: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/meedbza42sp4m/Kings_of_War

You can use your WHFB minis (Or any 28mm fantasy/historical minis on appropriate bases) to play the game.
Some links to manufacturers you can use to pimp your army: http://pastebin.com/3NKuGUmh
>>
How's this look for Babby's First Elf Army? Obviously, trying to switch from Fantasy to KoW.

2000/2000

Regiments:
20 Archers: 180
- Heart-Seeking Chant

20 Palace Guard: 195
- Brew of Sharpness

20 Palace Guard: 160
- Dwarven Ale

10 Stormwind Cavalry: 225
- Wine of Elvenkind

Legion:
40 Sea Guard: 325
- Brew of Keen Eye-ness

Troops:
5 Silverbreeze Cavalry: 145
5 Stormwind Cavalry: 140

Heroes:
Elven King on Battle Dragon: 345
- Ensorcled Armour

Elven King on Horse: 150
- Saber-Toothed Pussycat

Elven Mage on Horse: 105
- Bane Chant
>>
>>43692935
Always loved the Sea Guard concept, arrogant elves that shoot you to pieces and then you charge them and they lance you. In this game it can be done without 1+ chaos cavalry raping them.
>>
>>43693169
Oh, they're still probably getting wrecked if something hits them. Any commentary ont he list?
>>
3 posts?

Where has everyone gone? They get banned or something?
>>
What say you fa/tg/uys about muh list?

Krudger on Slasher: Ensorcelled Armor; Winged Slasher 320
Flagger: Healing Charm 80
Godspeaker: Bane Chant (2); Heal (2) 100

Ax: Brew of Courage 220
Trolls* 190

Gore Riders 185
Gore Riders 185
Ax 125
Ax 125

Morax 140
Morax 140

Giant 190

2,000 points
>>
>>43695411
It's been oddly empty lately. Not sure what's going on.
>>
Odd ....
>>
>>43695442
Me neither.

I see a thread up at nine one day and it's gone five hours later. I guess people just stopped posting.
>>
No Lizardmen list yet right?
>>
>>43695442
Perhaps everyone is playing Fallout 4?
>>
>>43698810
>>43698462
>>43695442
Perhaps it's a shit game that only exists to justify selling cheap models for other, better games.
>>
>>43698841
What other better games want square based fantasy minis?

With whfb dead, mantic basically has that niche now
>>
>>43698841
:^)
>>
>>43695411
>>43695442
It's a solid game and no new releases. I got nothing else to add at this point.
>>
I think most of the action takes place on their forums. GW didn't have a place for the community to hang out, so everyone found their own places.

>>43698841
Love the trolling. It's original, subtle, and thought provoking. Oh - and witty!
>>
File: 1447469263086.png (53 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1447469263086.png
53 KB, 500x501
>>43698841
>>
I was thinking of trying my hand at homebrewing up a new army.

Namely one either based on wuxia china or historical china.

Or a mix of both maybe? Monks and martial artists as hero units and blocks of troops as support/anchor?
>>
>>43703281

I'd be up for helping. I rather like homebrew.

My personal thoughts:

Really Good Heros/troop units
Decidedly average (But not bad) Horde troops (that don't come in smaller than regiment).

So they work heavily with Hammer and Anvil. Basic troops as Anvil with heroes/troops as the Hammer.
>>
>>43703301
I was thinking the same thing.

That and for certain heros, they change the army alignment.

Like having an evil monk or something will cause you to lose out on some upgrades but open up some other ones like life leech and stuff.

Another thing was maybe include some of the crazy artillery and other stuff that the chinese had.
>>
>>43703311

I'd likely pass on Alignment shifting. As that gets some weird areas and also doesn't honestly DO much. Neutral can already align with good or evil.

Masters opening up teaching Students interesting tricks would be pretty cool though. There is already some heroes that do that, allowing you to pay X to upgrade a unit of Y to have Z special rules.
>>
>>43703374
I guess you're right, it'll just bog it down.

Anyhow, I'll continue thinking about it and post more until I can get some more ideas down.
>>
File: 79500.jpg (240 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
79500.jpg
240 KB, 900x600
>>43692935

Frankly I think you could take that to the table and have a fine time with it. As long as you have enough Inspiring and maybe if you don't push a gimmick it's hard to go wrong in KoW. The only generaly thing I would say at this point is maybe a third source of inspiring would be good, like putting the Inspiring Talisman on the mage or getting a standard bearer.

But if you particularly want to hone your list...

Seems to me like you've gone a bit heavy on the magic items. Brew of Sharpness in particular seems wasteful: you're improving Me on a unit with only 12 attacks for 45 points. That said if you freedup some points the Inspiring Talisman wouldn't be a bad choice for your mage.

If you get rid of Brew of Sharpness and Brew of Keen-Eyeness you have enough points for a bolt thrower, which will make a bigger contribution than those brews being given to those units. Or you could get a Dragon's Breath. Or If you find another ten points you could even get a troop of tallspears if you want more phalanx and because more units makes you harder to flank and more likely to flank your opponent.

Speaking theoretically, if you put 75 points into a Forest Warden that might be the closest thing that HE get to a chaff/roadblock unit, because it is tough and manouverable despite being very cheap. It might even cause a damage or two. I could see a Forest Warden being a valuable unit to accompany some Palace Guard or just to plug a gap somewhere, or even to act as bait.

Beyond that, you might want to consider Drakon Riders Regiments because Fly is amazing and will force your opponent to make hard decisions when they swoop over his front line and stare at his exposed rear with tripled CS1 and TC1 attacks.

Just my two cents.
>>
File: Halflings.jpg (226 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Halflings.jpg
226 KB, 1600x1200
I remember talk of halfling armies. Did anyone actually go ahead and make one?
>>
>>43704088
I think league of Rhordia already has you covered
>>
>>43699906

Worst possible situation: There is no market for it
>>
>>43699906
Wartrhones isn't bad, but it has even fewer players.
>>
>>43698841
Song of blades and heroes is good but you don't need that many miniatures.
>>
>>43704088
I love his bow and creepy back penis. That and the big google eyes painted over his menacing squint.
>>
Does anyone have any info on the Night Stalker army coming in the new KoW supplement? I know the fishmen army will have Naiads and Cthulhu-stuff in it, but I have found nothing on the Night Stalkers except for a picture of a naga and the name of one of the hero units.

Supposedly, Nigh-Stalkers can include a "Doppelganger" that has 'fun rules'

What are Night-Stalkers? Hordes of dungeon monsters?
>>
>>43709222
For what I seen in the scans, spooky monster like in silent hill or Zenith Not-Alive.
>>
>>43709222
Ronnie described the Night-Stalkers as Lovecraftian.
>>
>>43709358
Cool. Some sort of horror army then? That's pretty different.
>>
>>43709358
There are book scans?
>>
>>43709222
Night-Stalkers are supposedly very effective against shooty armies. So expect lots of Stealthy units.
>>
>>43710232
Some anon had it, he had some images of them.
They looked weird, not many minis out there with that look. I bet mantic will make them, lets hope in plastic, in the future.
>>
>>43710648
2 years for total range production for all minis. second hand from mt FLGS from Mantic sales rep.
>>
>>43710648
At least Reapers cthulhu bones figures might be able to fill a few roles. Not that I'd get them, I probably don't need a fifth fantasy army.
>>
>>43709222

This >>43710413 plus the fact that they are inspired by the enemy's source of inspire.
>>
>>43715264
That's kind of a cool concept.
>>
Anyone have any good channels for Battle Reports that aren't just photos?
>>
Are succubi up for sale yet? If not, is there any ETA?
>>
>>43715692

Master Crafted are nice, but every report is Undead vs. Herd.
>>
>>43689889
Do shambling-heavy armies need more nerve?

I've seen some tournament lists which did well, they were all heavy hitters with very few anvils or nerve blocks. On the contrary, I keep finding I don't have enough nerve because with shambling my opponent has better control of engagements.

For nerve then playing undead, seems like it's a question of whether or not you want them to be able to hit hard and how much defense they have. The middleground on everything sees to just be taking at least two generic skeleton hordes and backing with a healing spell somewhere.

Not finding the extra attacks on phalanx units fully make up for the cost of the phalanx itself where I keep finding intelligent deployment with Phalanx is more crucial to countering Thunderous Charge than just giving all my backbones phalanx. Similarly, I keep finding hordes are overkill for phalanx, yet troops are too weak to hold up to most cavalry even voiding Thunderous Charge with phalanx. So it seems the only logical choice is at least one or two phalanx regiments.
>>
>>43717594
Undead certainly don't need more nerve because of the preponderance of unwavering and lifeleech.
>>
>>43715692

My reports use photos, but I'll take any opportunity to spruik my own videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnt2uvETjSKY6Aq35O_9khep19dLvebfN

I was chuffed to see that my original video has passed 5000 views, I wasn't sure if it would make 100 when I made it.
>>
>>43718715
Unwavering will save you from effectively about 3 damage, since waver is usually 2 pts below, then +1 total. Basically one good ranged volley.

Problem is you can't close distances.
>>
>>43720665
Undead has enough fast elements that you can at least contend which of the more engagements to engage in.
>>
>>43715725
Nope, but I'm sure they will get out SOON.
>>
File: Douglas Reynholm.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Douglas Reynholm.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>43710648
>There is an anon with scans of the secret armies
zOmg!1! scans plz
>>
File: undyne.jpg (18 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
undyne.jpg
18 KB, 475x500
Naiads when?
>>
>>43726022
I want my nayad army Mantic. Pls.
>>
>>43689889
Kigns

Kigns of War

Kigns of War General

ONE JOB

>>43718715
>>43720665
>>43721982

Is it inadvisable to run undead with shamblers only then?

I really want to run skeletons only.
Granted I run Undead and not Dust because there's no or even fewer models for Dust and I don't care for the Egyptian themes.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.