[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your most memorable campaign/character, /tg/? Mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: awooo.png (210 KB, 405x597) Image search: [Google]
awooo.png
210 KB, 405x597
What's your most memorable campaign/character, /tg/?

Mine is simple, but it the campaign was one of the most fun I had.

World: Human only (fantasy monsters exist), magic potential is only for those who were born with it (Sorcerers) or if they make pacts with Outsiders (Warlocks). Clerics were house-ruled to be renamed Warlocks (but could access normal Cleric spells), so no armour, no maces, they were more like priests (only cloth and staff). Mages suffer a lot of discrimination and are either forced to hide their powers, so a lot never learn to properly control their powers (thus leading to more fear and witch-hunts).

>DnD 3.5
>Just started with PnP games, so still a novice
>Roll a spear-wielding sorceror
Backstory: Son of a former soldier and guardsman in a small village, trained by his father in the arts of combat but then awakened to his magical talent. The villagers found out, organized a militia and lynched his father while he fled. His mother died in childbirth.
With only his rusty spear in his hands, he set out to the world.

The campaign wasn't anything special, but it was lots of fun.
Party consisted of;
>Me, the Spearcerer
>A knight, send to investigate on why dragon cults start preparing for the end times
>Cleric, worships a god of justice
>Rogue, gave us cover fire with a crossbow

cont
>>
File: 1449770377686.jpg (89 KB, 803x1181) Image search: [Google]
1449770377686.jpg
89 KB, 803x1181
>>48049675
The knight was a standard Fighter, by the way.

>First session, we all meet in a road-side inn, and clear a kobold cave who worship some dragon god and are raiding nearly lands
>They have gathered tribute for when he returns, but we slaughter them, take the valuables and return to get out rewards

After this, we pretty much kept traveling to everywhere trouble seemed to be brewing.

>Knight and Cleric both needed to learn more about what kind of disaster (might) happen for their causes
>Rogue was simply in it for the gold
>My character was searching for other sorcerers to teach him more about magic

So we eventually came across what was the cause for all the chaos; an ancient dragon, who was defeated yet never properly killed, was about to wake up from his restorative slumber.
The dragon-worshipers felt him waking up and started preparing by gathering offers and tributes.

While most sessions were
>travel here
>clear forts/caves there
>save X
>recover Y
the last few sessions we had to try to stop the reawakening from happening.

We made our way to a kingdom's capital, where we got an audience with the king. The knight eventually gained his trust, so we found out that, in ancient times, this dragon was fucked up hard by the kingdom's founder, who founded his castle right under the mountain where the dragon's lair was.
Because he was too weak after the fight to finish it, he fled, and simply claimed he had slain the dragon and established his Warrior-Kingship on that mountain (hoping his descendants would deliver the coup de grace).
Since the mountain was impossible to climb due to the damage done to it (and the fact that the cave system was overrun with molten rock), nobody could ever dispute this claim.

When the dragon simply never returned, they had guessed that it succumbed from the wounds and it simply faded from royal business.

cont.
>>
Well, turns out it wasn't dead, and it wanted revenge.
As we made our way up to the mountain, slaughtering countless kobolds and other cultists, we eventually found entrances to the mountain's hollow insides, however, it was overflowing with the molten rock, thus impossible to enter.

We then tried to climb outside the mountain.
Didn't work, so we had started bickering over what to do.
While we were busy conversing, the dragon suddenly roared.
Like a mountain-shaking roar.

After me and the Cleric casted Haste on the party, we ran as fast as we could to the city.

The city, however, was overrun by dragon cultists and kobolds wreaking havoc, slaughtering townsfolk and gathering gold as tribute for the dragon.
We tried to clear out the areas we could, making our way to the royal keep.
Battle between dragon and us ensued once we arrived at the keep.

>Rogue is running around, shoots the shit out of the dragon but it keeps raining hell upon everything so he can't stand still for a second
>Knight is pretty fucked because he doesn't have a ranged weapon
>I'm throwing spells left and right, attempting to damage the dragon but I'm p fucked if I get hit by his breath attack
>Cleric uses his spells to support us

>We eventually manage to ground it, Knight starts to fight this thing in melee range, gets pretty fucked up by tail sweeps and wing smacks
>I manage to run out of spells to cast
>Cleric uses his small amount of damaging spells but it doesn't make a difference

>It starts to fly again, but it's considerably weakened
>Rogue shoots his last bolt before bolting himself
>Cleric heals the Knight, has little to no spells left
>Knight decides to slash it when it comes down to swoop
>Dragon dives to attack him, he dodges successfully and slashes it
>He now comes for me, I'm fucked
>Dives, opens his jaw to roar
"I throw my spear in it's mouth.
>Roll 19
>Just as I throw, the dragon uses his fire breath
>I do not manage to dodge

Next post last post.
Anyone even reading this?
>>
>>48050359
Yeah man, lets keep this going
>>
File: 1455213418083.jpg (174 KB, 764x600) Image search: [Google]
1455213418083.jpg
174 KB, 764x600
>The spear penetrates the upper part of his jaw, reaching the brain
>I'm killed by the dragonfire
>Knight runs up, finishes the dragon with a coup de grace to its heart

>Cleric can't heal me back, so I'm dead for real

What happened after, was that the Knight gave the glory of delivering the finishing blow to me. He also took the spear out of the dragon's mouth.

We were all declared as Champions and heroes of the kingdom and our names went down in history as legends.

The Knight eventually founded his own knightly order near the capital, above a empty cave and took the body of the dragon with him, where it laid within the cavern (after hiring miners to widen it so the dragon actually fit).
Eventually he died in combat, dedicating his life to putting down religions and cults dedicated to dragons.
The spear was put back in the dragon's mouth, and the cave entrance sealed.
It was to pay tribute to his old friend and companion, a shrine dedicated so that he may not be forgotten. Also some stuff about the spear now holding immense power because it absorbed the dragons' soul.

The Cleric then returned to his home, but didn't last long before iching to adventure again.
He never settled, but kept traveling and spreading aid to those in need.
He grew to old age, eventually disappearing while on a pilgrimage.

The Rogue, after being rewarded by the King for his deeds during the dragon's assault (before the knight accused him of fleeing the battle), proved he was a true to his word; that very night after dusk, he visited and laid with the queen. He then broke in to the royal treasury, stole everything that wasn't bolted to the ground. And then he stole the virginity of the king's daughters.
Yes, daughters. There were two of them, and he did them both, after raiding the treasury.

It is said all three of them got pregnant and that the bastards were hidden, but all we know is that by dawn, he was gone and declared an outlaw. He too, was never seen again.

Fin.
>>
>>48049675
>What's your most memorable campaign/character, /tg/?

Probably the Dark Sun "evil" campaign I played in college. AD&D 2E, 5d4 for stats (can't remember if that was original or revised DS). We already had a "good(ish)" party, but we thought it would be fun to have a concurrent game running with a group of evil PCs. As per Dark Sun rules, we made character trees; mine included a black-carapaced Thri-Kreen, a human male bard, and a female human noble/psionic (so rich their family had a pool). Since this was an urban campaign (as opposed to the wandering-the-wilderness campaign the good guys were in), we made sure that all our characters were tightly connected. My kreen was the house bodyguard for the noble and her brother (a PC played by another friend). At least 25% of the interactions were handled through passing notes to the DM because everything we were doing was secretive. By the end of it the group was a bloody mess of backstabbing, but we had a ton of fun. Mostly because the DM was amazing at keeping up the pace of action, and very good at keeping track of where and what everyone was up to.
>>
File: Voss the Shattered.png (183 KB, 456x595) Image search: [Google]
Voss the Shattered.png
183 KB, 456x595
>>48049675
Most memorable character is most memorable campaign.
From the npc starship crew's PoV.
>Our Captain is a drunkard, but he pays well
>The first mate(Memorable character) is a homicidal psychopath priest of a murder-god.
>But he's a pretty solid commander
>Holy shit we have a psychic superweapon in the body of an 11-year-old girl on board.
>Did the 2iC just use that dude as a landing pad?
>Okay, don't piss him off, he skins people as punishment.
>The dude we put on cooking duty sucks.
>Holy shit, Murderpriest is a phenomenal cook, like seriously this blood pancake is fucking delicious.
>Also when's the next episode of Slaves of our Lives? Will Kry'sen realize that Drak'kan is really two Vermire(rats) in a Vorg suit?
>Dude, the heavy gunner's Gatling Laser falls apart a LOT. Why doesn't he just use the auto shotty, instead?
>That machine mother chick's workshop is off limits, Bob lost his goddamn right leg twice to the table saw taking offense to his presence.
>Also, she made Murderpriest a mechanical arm with an automatic shotgun in it, then made an injector mount for it when he found some nasty acid.
>Okay, nobody go to the medic unless you're fucking dying, she's more of a sadist than the priest.
>why is that repair drone doing the "Thriller" all the time?
>Are those Cthulhu Robots? Yes, yes they are.
>Did we just fight the NOT!Legio Damno? Again, yes we did. The fuck?
>Mmmmm delicious holy warrior battle Cocaine.
That game was silly.
>>
>>48050714
Pretty nice story. Yeah, simple and straightforward, but that's not a problem as some people portray.
>>
>>48052450
What kind of campaign was this?
>>
>>48049675
no catgirls 0/10
>>
>>48050714
Thanks for sharing OP. I read it all
>>
>>48053338
It sounded pretty boring, to be honest, didn't bother reading it all the way through.
>>
>>48056409
If you haven't got anything good to say, you might want to shut up.

>inb4 butthurt OP: I am not OP.
>>
>>48056290
Stop posting forever
>>
>>48056455
Why do you hate fun?
>>
>>48056464
Because you are having wrong, cancerous kind of fun. I want to be a hero, a slaughterer of seven billion demons - you push catgirls and centaur waifus in my face and get mad when I walk past them or outright punch them.
Fuck. Off.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 243x208) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 243x208
>>48056487
>WAAAH BADWRONG FUN
>WAAH PEOPLE ON THE CHINESE PICTOGRAM SITE LIKE CHINESE PICTOGRAMS.
no u

also
>Ignoring obvious plothooks because you as a player don't like the character that gave them.
shit tier player detected
>>
>>48056649
'kay... let's put it that way.
I don't like your kind of fun. Have it in your circlejerk, alright. I like a different kind of fun. Please, don't force me to have your kind of fun.
>>
>>48056671
Then don't force other people not to have their kind of fun. We get enough of that shit on /tg/ already.
>>
>>48053829
A homebrewed system space campaign where we initially started under a different PC captain who was working for one race's megacorp. At that point, I was just the captain's bodyguard/attack dog.
Said captain thought it would be a good idea to charge his employees room and board, deducted directly from their pay. Also they had to pay for food when on the ship.
Nobody was happy about it, so when another player joined in as basically Al Bundy and The Dude rolled into one alcoholic package and immediately called the captain on his bullshit, quite a few people got behind HIM instead of the captain.
So we sold the old captain into slavery. Being a Murderpriest from a race of slavers, I used my connections to get a good deal, which improved our ship's armament, as well as gave everyone a nice chunk of spending money.
former captain even rolled up a new character, who tried to launch a mutiny(with the assistance of his brother's character) shortly after joining. Didn't go over well, pilot liked the status quo, shot new character in the head, incapacitated his bro, and threw the corpse out the airlock.
Third character that he made actually tried being useful, but would usually end up getting severely injured in fights by being stupid, i.e. punching the Cthulhu Robots with his bare, chitinous, fists. He broke both hands that way, and wound up chasing the medic around begging for heals. There being a fairly cheap way to revive someone from nearly any death, she said it'd be cheaper to just revive him.
So I bitchslapped him with my mechanical claw covered in the acid oil that the Cthulhu Robots had for "saliva."
He got offended at that, even though his hands got fixed that way, and challenged me to a duel later. He did not win(My character was a close combat nightmare), and the medic got mad at him for making her waste another revive on him so quickly.

So in summation, a dumb, yet fun, campaign.
Which, in my experience, are usually the best campaigns.
>>
>It's a "GM gets GTA V and watches True Detective as he runs Dark Heresy" campaign

What happened was a hilarious, almost over the top sandbox world, complete with interacting with underhive gangs and huge shootouts that narrowed down to small, island based investigation that proceeded to kill off three pcs after only one had died in the action heavy portion of the campaign.
>>
>>48056691
Who's forcing who to have his kind of fun?
You're just forcing your opinion on why his fun is not fun.
>>
>>48049675
I got to destroy the Imperium and the Chaos gods as a Primarch while also sparking a 4 way war between the other PC's.
>>
>>48062720
You are.
>>
>>48049675
That'd be Mama Jenka, the swamp witch. I was playing with a lot of people relatively new to Pathfinder, so I decided to have a little fun. I played a Witch and took all the creepiest abilities I could. I even spent all of my feats on Extra Hex, just to make sure I had a lot of options for being a scary old witch.

Mama Jenka was loosely based around a lot of old myths and legends... a powerful witch who might help or hinder, depending on how you treat her. Treat her with respect, offer to share your food and fire, and you'd leave with a blessing or the like. Offend her, and... well, lets just say I made sure to prepare Bestow Curse a lot, and I never once used any of the default curses. And don't worry, the other PC's knew about this part right off the bat, so there was never really any direct inter-party conflict over this... they all made sure to treat Mama Jenka with respect, especially after the first few adventures.

Because, as I mentioned, my fellow players weren't very familiar with the base system even, much less some of the more recent (at the time) options. So after the first time she animated her hair and strangled a guy to death, they started giving her a wide berth. Then I broke out some of my favorite spells, like Vomit Swarm, Unnatural Lust, and Bestow Gift. Then there was the debuff+Cackle combo that I used a few times, with Mama Jenka flying through the sky, her animated hair flailing in the wind, cackling madly as all of our foes found themselves drained of their strength... that was a fun session.

I think it came to a peak when I broke out Skinsend. It was bad enough when her skin split open and crawled its way off of her body, but when I started describing how it squeezed through the tiny gaps in the stonework to slither inside the house we were scouting out, one of the players literally had to leave the table.

Ah, I miss Mama Jenka. I've played her in several different games, and she's always been one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>48049675
Phillipe Laroux, French Canadian biker.

>Ops and tactics
>Second PnP game ever
>Roll a getaway driver/burglar

Orphan from Quebec who jumped the border in his late teens and became involved heavily in the meth production and distribution business.

The idea for the game initially was Payday Set in the rural backwaters of the deep south.

the team consisted of:

>Wheel-man, who was also the only one who brought a real gun
>Giant Chechen war vet with subdued post traumatic stress
>Computer science major who was doing the job to settle his student loans (I shit you not)
>Used car salesman type with no people skills at all

You can see where this is going.

> Session starts with the computer wizard deciding it would be a great idea to head to the local McDonalds and use their wifi to find a suitable target.
>Party arrives, all but the salesman buys food
>Salesman attempts to get a free meal out of the strong independent black woman behind the register
>Shaniqua ain't having that shit

The girl eventually walked off saying she was going to call the cops. Phillipe heard the word "cop" and immediately grabbed his bag and hid himself across the street in a dark alley because he had several felonies tucked away in his backpack.

>2 cops pull into the parking lot and confront the 7 ft Russian man shouting his head off.
>Party is politely but firmly told by the officer to leave town immediately.
>Salesman attempts to roll speech-craft
>Fails horribly
>Cops start cuffing people

cont.
>>
File: north-hollywood.jpg (6 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
north-hollywood.jpg
6 KB, 300x200
>>48065418
Everyone tried something to not get busted

>Russian tried to break his cuffs.
>Fails
>Salesman tries yet again to talk his way out.
>Gets a nightstick in his gut

Out of ideas and the police being ever more violent in their attempts to get the suspects under control, the younger of the two runs for his cruiser to call for backup.

>Wheel-man charges out of the alleyway, Balaclava over his face and AK in hand
>Blam
>Officer running for the car is hit in the chest and drops like a sack of potatoes.
>Ratatat
>Other cop his hit in the back before he can turn
>Blood spatter drenches the salesman's tailored suit.
>"Get in the fucking car!"

With half of the party still in cuffs we jumped in the open cruiser and got the fuck outta town.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.