[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recently, I've come up with a idea for a bbeg that I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: exalted_modern_2651.jpg (48 KB, 331x363) Image search: [Google]
exalted_modern_2651.jpg
48 KB, 331x363
Recently, I've come up with a idea for a bbeg that I'll use for a future campaign. But I am having trouble really balancing him out, how should I keep him dangerous but keep it to where the party can defeat him?

My idea for this reality warper bbeg is that he/she started to fuck with a setting's version of reality by having it slowly alter to our version of reality, for example lets say it's a Kill La Kill campaign. If Lady Satsuki tried telling him something from atop her tower, like she does in the anime allot, neither party would be able to hear each other because Satsuki is to far up for either of them to be audible to one another.

Of course, it simply starts off with small shit like that, things that would be minor annoyances, but it would eventually escalate and start pulling shit like "super speed using up tons of calories" or "super strength but no super bone density". Inserting "realistic" consequences for powers and actions where they normally would just operate by the setting's version of "reality". How do I make it to where the party can reasonably defeat him without him/her being a pushover or overpowered?
>>
Reminds me of a Primordial / Yozi.

As for weaknesses, depends on what will make a good campaign - do your players want lots of fight scenes? Perhaps they only encounter the bbeg at the very end and only fight his minions or monsters incidentally created by him.

Do they want secrets, puzzles and roleplaying? the game is about evading and hiding from the BBEG while uncovering his past / how his powers work?

Main thing to focus on is what would make a good game for someone else to play, a cool villian in a bad campaign is useless, and should probably be in a story.
>>
>>47946914
I was originally thinking a little bit of column a, bit of column b. Equal amounts of action and roleplaying. Like the bbeg endangering some innocent bystanders with his fuckery and the party having the options to help them, maybe afterwards finding out they have developed a fanclub from their heroism. The problem with the bbeg being that he/she always uses a disguise when he/she fights them and they don't know who he is or what he is planning. In other words, Kill La Kill action when they finally uncover and fight him/her mixed with LA Noir/Batman style investigations to find out who he/she is and how he is going to carry out his/her plans.

Heck I've even been thinking about giving them opportunities Assassin's Creed style to find out his/her weaknesses or opportunities to help make stopping his/her plans easier. Such as looking into where his/her emergency hideout is through interrogation so you can wait for him/her there in case he/she manages to book it, or slip the news to Gamagori so he can wait there. Finding out his identity is just the bare minimum and the various ways you can make screwing him over easier is the icing on the roleplay cake.
>>
>>47946372
Reality warping is fuzzy affecting everything in a line from the BBEG to the target, including the BBEG. Hit him in the head with a rock to get him to stop.
>>
>>47946372
Make him extra mundane. His powers affected himself first, which means that assuming the party can find him, he'll die to a single dagger.
>>
>>47949612
Exactly, assuming they can find him. Make him difficult by having him more or less be a reality fucking Hannibal Lecter.
>>
>>47949720
>>47949612
Yeah. His powers work on nullifying plot convenience don't they? That means that to track him down, the players will have to use actual detective work to find one man out of a vast population. They won't just luck into a single clue that points to him as the BBEG.
>>
>>47949752
>His powers work on nullifying plot convenience don't they?
Exactly. Meanwhile, he would have plenty of free time to get into people's heads. That way even when they do reveal him to be the reality warper you might need to convince the people around him that he would be a threat, rather than very helpful. His high charisma being the actual encounter rather than his fight.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
>>47947696
>Gamagori
Wouldn't pic related be a better choice? He's less likely to fall for his shit because he'd be able to see his tells every time he lies.
>>
>>47950107
This concept can actually make a enjoyable bbeg in theory, a character thriving in a world where everyone and their dogs can break him in two by looking at him to hard due to his high charisma and ability to lurk in the Shadows. If you play your cards right this can create a very enjoyable bbeg, assuming you can play the characters right.

The only problem I can really see is explaining why he's warping reality to be more "realistic" or like ours.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.