[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer Fantasy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87
File: Thany.jpg (161 KB, 965x609) Image search: [Google]
Thany.jpg
161 KB, 965x609
Warhammer Fantasy General: Skaven State Troops Edition

Thread is for discussion of WHFB, AoS and EndTimes belong in the AoS thread.

Link to last thread: Old One: >>47881311

>1d4chan

1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the /tg/ wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook+%28Hardback%29.pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: /vg/ for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
http://www.the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
http://store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufactures
http://pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>Steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tgwhfb
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 873x627
Nordland stronk!
>>
File: ogre_maneater01.jpg (213 KB, 931x537) Image search: [Google]
ogre_maneater01.jpg
213 KB, 931x537
>>47927473
>Not saying that the time for the last thread was ogre

missed opportunities
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 640x905
Reposting my 9th Age Slaanesh Daemon 2500 point list for review.

LORDS
Courtesan of Lust 455 + 95 Level 4 Wizard (Path of Lust) +15 Clawed Caress
Magic items: +35 Blissful Bindings +20 Portal Gem

HEROES
Harbinger of Lust 95 +25 BSB + 40 Level 1 Wizard (Path of Lust) +5 Paired Weapons +15 Clawed Caress
Magic items: +15 War Standard +15 Skull of Cacophrax

CORE
Sirens x30 =350 +45 Clawed Caress +30 Command
Sirens x30 =350 +45 Clawed Caress +30 Command

SPECIAL
Mounted Sirens x5= 85 +10 Clawed Caress +30 Command +10 Elusive
Mounted Sirens x5= 85 +10 Clawed Caress +30 Command +10 Elusive

Clawed Fiends x4=300 +20 Clawed Caress

RARE
Shrine of Temptation 180 +15 Lash of Lust +15 Aura of Ecstasy +15 Clawed Caress
>>
>>47927473
>EndTimes belong in the AoS thread
> Links about Endhammer and Vermintide.

Legit.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 873x627
>>47927702
You can discuss rules from End Times and all vidya.

Just not the story that transitioned Warhammer Fantasy to Age of Sigmar.

Ya thilly.
>>
>>47927702
Endtimes is Warhammer fantasy. As much as people might hate it, that's not debatable.
>>
>>47927733
Warhammer Endtimes is still warhammer fantasy, your own stubborn refusal to accept it as canon doesn't change anything. Endtimes is still characters and locations on the warhammer world, and if you were to discuss it in AoS threads its be off topic. Most of the characters from AoS are nothing like their warhammer counterparts. I'm allowed to talk about the endtimes (and how shitty most of it was) in the warhammer fantasy General, and your opinion doesn't mean shit to me or to what is canon
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 575x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 575x380
>>47927820
Wow. You seem like an awfully pissy bitch for the start of a thread and my first reply to you.
>>
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 1920x802) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 1920x802
>>47927820
You gotta understand that talking about End Times is the same as bringing up Michael Bay Transformers in a Transformers thread. Or a Uwe Boll movie in a thread about a video game.

Sure you can do it. But you will never get a positive response, and should know that.
>>
File: daemoms.png (153 KB, 936x532) Image search: [Google]
daemoms.png
153 KB, 936x532
>>47927650
I don't know. I'd try to put in a few more troops personally. But that's just my thing, I always go upgrade/character light. Not saying it is better.

Something like pic related.
>>
>>47927891
Everything I stayed is objective fact, your opinion doesnt get to decide that endtimes isn't canon or off topic to Warhammer fantasy

>>47927957
I don't think anyone talks about the endtimes as being good, myself included. The only times endtimes comes up is when we talk about the few good parts of it, or alternate versions of it, or how it could have been better. And yet even in conversation discussing one of those things some asshat will roll up and shout "endtimes belongs in the AoS thread"
>>
>>47927797
It's also objectively the worst fluff that GW has ever written that wasn't written by Black Library.
>>
>>47928310
Someone didn't read storm of chaos
>>
>>47928337
I did read Storm of Chaos. It was better than the End Times, that somehow manages to be more contrived than an event that was randomised by the playerbase.
>>
>>47928310
Entimes started off good then got progressively shittier as the story went along

Nagash was pretty good, the character deaths actually felt serious, the plot hadn't gone full retard yet, and everyone at this point still had a chance. The War of the Dead actually seemed like both sides had a chance, even up until the point Settra and Nagash fought. How Nagash was able to win actually made sense and didn't seem like wank. 8/10 overall

Glottkin was meh, it could have been better if they let the empire go down swinging instead of blowing out their major cities with the super plagues. Also sucked that they let their new characters do all the heavy lifting while older, established characters took a back seat. The ending was great though, it seemed like the Human nations and their gods were ready to strike back and actually make it an interesting fight to the end. Especially liked Louen and Karl Franz Ascending to Godhood
6.5/10

Khaine shit all over everything ever established for elves, even in their 8th edition fluff which tied directly into it. This is why everyone hated the end times and it should be ignored almost entirely.
2/10 only reread for cool battle scenes and art

Thanquol ranged between moments of excellence and moments of complete retardedness. Most of the lizardmen scenes were cool and thats the most fluff we ever got on them. Hated how the skaven plagues were able to overrun lustria so fast though, this place withstood centuries of drowning in daemons and conditions far worse than the end times, Lustria should have put up a better fight. Loved the dwarf story lines up until Karak Kadrin goes down without a fight, and Thorgrim gets assassinated after leading the dwarfs to an epic comeback. Everything relating to the empire sucked, especially considering the end of Glottkin.
5/10 for bad ends
>>
>>47928017
So drop a lot of command and the Armor Piercing for more troops?

I was thinking since Slaaneshi are fast that they'll deal enough casualties to make up for less troops by increasing damage output.
>>
>>47928308
Well yeah, but bringing up End Times really is like Uwe Boll movies. Its that terrible thing that killed the franchise, so nobody ever wants to even remember it in conversation.

Its like bringing up Chaos Dwarfs to Dawi. You'll just get glared at, at best.
>>
>>47928675
I remember that I didn't like Nagash either. I found that big volume to be ridicilously dull to sit down and read. 90% of the book read like dull battlereports with no adequat overview of the battlefield.

>then the skeletons killed some clanrats
>some stormvermin kills some zombies
>Mannfred casts a spell
>Skaven gets upset spell kills stuff

That thing felt like a major ripoff.
>>
>>47928476
That's because Storm didn't end anything, and didn't try to force 30 years of continuity into the same amount of writing the backstory for a faction has.

The only way End Times could have been "good" is if 7th and 8th, and a Black Library series of 10 books at least were dedicated just to the entire transition. Every army book progresses the story.

Instead, we got a very rushed mess that was only intended to make us forget about our existing thing and follow the story to a whole new game like a cat and a laser pointer.
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 640x480
>>47928846
Chaos Dwarves was not actually a bad concept. I rather like the idea of dwarves that are not grudgefags and Chaos that doesn't worship any of the big four to be pretty cool.
>>
>>47928924
Storm of Chaos had a great setup and only fell appart during the campaign and when Gav Thorpe summed up the ending.
>>
>>47928924
>he only way End Times could have been "good" is if 7th and 8th, and a Black Library series of 10 books at least were dedicated just to the entire transition. Every army book progresses the story.
this exactly. We sort of got this in the high elves and vampire counts books, but it still wasn't enough. one of the worst parts is how rushed everything felt and how much got left out of the story. Adding just what reynolds wrote on his blog improves the endtimes dramatically by filling in most of the blanks.
>>
>>47928938
No, like in-universe. Dwarfs love grumbling about how everyone is Chaos except them and when Chaos Darfs are mentioned they look at you like the gay Black Mexican Jew at a Klan rally.

Mentioning End Times in a Fantasy thread is like reminding Dwarfs that are talking about how Chaos humans are about Chaos Dwarfs, causing them all to immediately hate your guts.
>>
>>47929077
Vampire Counts and High Elves are the two books that lead directly into End Times.

>>47928961
Reminder that Gav a shit.
>>
>>47929094
Oh yeah. They do get their panties in a twist about that. I can't say that I ever liked mainstream dorf culture in Warhammer, though. They are a bit daft. Kinda like the Imperium in 40k.
>>
>>47929152
Really?
They're my favorite Dwarfs after Warcraft Dwarves.
To each their own I guess.

Although its worth mention that aside from the Slann and Dark Elves fucking them over, Dwarfs had the most stable society and potentially long lasting in Warhammer.
>>
>>47929152
Not really. Most of the dwarves hatred of everyone is simply them getting fucked over getting tired of it and then bitch smacking said offenders
>>
>>47929567
No, their culture and race demand payback from being shortchanged a penny to a remark about their breath you forget a minute after making it. Farting, forgetting to pull up a chair for them, anything concievably rude or insulting gets added to the mental list. They remember all of it. They're also surly, and universally racist/sexist/everything else-ist against everyone.

But they also remember kindness and their own debt, on an individual basis will become best friends with literally anyone, and their belief everyone else is inferior is just (unendingly) verbal, they don't use it for policy and decision making.

Dwarfs in Warhammer are basically Fey Dwarves.
>>
Assistance needed in picking an army for T9A. I've narrowed it down to 2:

> Dwarf Holds
Gyrospam with 4-6 'Copters and 2 Grudge Busters. Get some spear phalanx to fill Core, Rangers out scouting, and a strong Slayer presence for fightiness. Basically all of my favourite Dwarfy bits.
Concerned about stigma where Dwarfs are not fun to fight against. Concerned that I'll still be too static and unable to react, or that I'll be playing on 'easy mode'.

> Goblins
Pure Goblins with a strong chariot/war machine theme. Core pulls out ~100 Goblin fighters plus wolf support, a good 8+ chariots and pump wagons, and then squigs, trolls and giants to fill.
Probably better conversion opportunities and look really cool. Options to expand into Orcs later down the line.
Concerned that it'll be weak as shit if I deliberately cut out Orcs. Pain in the arse to convert everything, tried O&G before in 7th edition without much success.

I come from a Beastman background so it's only uphill really.
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 671x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 671x854
>>47929534
I just don't like how easily triggered WHFB dwarves are, their inefficency with developing and how over the top self assertive they are.

My favourite dorfs are the Trudvang dorfs. They are less about beer drinking machismo, turbo greed and grudgehurt. Their thing is that they love the mountain and consider themselves to be a part of the mountain. To them everything in the mountain has a soul and they treat that soul with care. Much like earthworms they dig in the mountains to allow life to flourish in it and they also remove what they view as impurities. The other races view the dwarves as greedy because they refuse to sell their fine craftsmanship, but the dwarves simply has another view of he material. To them the ore is a part of the mountain that has specific destiny awaiting it. So they are reluctant to part with their craftsmanship to just anyone.

Whenever volcanic activity forms a new mountain the dwarves travel to the site. With them they bring stones containing wellwishes and hopes for the infant mountain that they part with to the lava.
>>
>>47927820
>47927473
Nigga stop being a cunt and just accept what the thread is made out to be.

Make an End Times thread if you want to talk about the endtimes, don't shitpost.
>>
File: 1465564409573.jpg (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1465564409573.jpg
13 KB, 200x200
>>47928308
>I don't think anyone talks about the endtimes as being good, myself included. The only times endtimes comes up is when we talk about the few good parts of it, or alternate versions of it, or how it could have been better. And yet even in conversation discussing one of those things some asshat will roll up and shout "endtimes belongs in the AoS thread"
The point was discussed in the last thread.
If the End Times lore brings something unique and untouched to the table then talk about it.

If you're using End Times lore to contradict previous lore then that's when you stray into the wrong.

If you want to talk about Glotkin or the rise of Nagash then do so; but don't use shitty half-assed End Times lore to argue a point against established Warhammer-proper fluff.

Ya dig senpai?
>>
>>47929792
Dwarfs are not fun opponents because of cannon spam and the DAF.
The more melee, the more fun to play against. The less you plan on turtling in one place, the more fun to play against. The weakness of any offensive Dorf melee is part of why they had to play that way, but 9th made it so that's viable now. Not to mention actually being able to cross the board now.
The worst Dwarf opponent is just super durable infantry, and as many guns and cannons and choppahs as you can fit staying in one place and daring you to come to them.
Just by even bringing a unit of Slayers and not being Dorfpoleon, your list becomes average fun against.

Goblins are actually pretty damn good, I'm not familiar with the 9th version of the army but generally speaking everything Night Goblin was gold star in 8e with only Savage Orcs and the Black Orc Warboss for Animosity, maybe a Shaman Orc, being worth the time of a WAAC player.
>>
>>47929946
On a related note, how do I fluff Neferata on Dread Abyssal the closest in 9th? Do they need to be on a different base?
>>
>>47930012
>how do I fluff Neferata on Dread Abyssal the closest in 9th?
>fluff
Do you mean like backstory?

Just have her be powerful enough to summon one.
>>
>>47929973
>>47929792
>Goblins are actually pretty damn good, I'm not familiar with the 9th version of the army but generally speaking everything Night Goblin was gold star in 8e

The goblin races are balanced really good against each other to the point where I'm taking one unit of each whereas I went all night goblins in 8th.

You get a killy/offensive choice in forest goblins due to their poison attacks, a defensive choice in night goblins due to pseudo-toughness 4 and a middle-gound/allrounder option in normal goblins (sorta killy with nasty gits, sorta tanky with 5+ armour, huge flexibility with unique bow/shield combo).
>>
>>47930063
Crunch I mean, sorry.
>>
>>47929711
>sexist
Since when are dwarves sexist let alone warhammer dwarves
>>
>>47930300
Their females are forbidden from literally everything other than the extremely rare advisor position.

Grudge of Drong is the most glaring example, I can't remember the supplement that went into detail about their gender relations though.
>>
>>47930552
To elaborate, only one in ten Dwarfs is female and their racial temperment is one of fighting over stupid shit or adhering to oaths by the letter.

So political marriage is absolutely necessary for their race to not tear itself apart.

So like Krogan and Salarians from Mass Effect, their internal politics all revolve around clans uniting, forging bonds, or reforging bonds by sharing blood through political marriage and females are too rare to use for literally anything else.

All domestic jobs are done by male Dwarfs, females can only be living treaties who may spend their time giving speeches and opinions since that puts them at 0 risk.
>>
>>47929711
I liked the dwarves better before they started turning them into the steampunk faction that rejects anything wooden in favour of metal, because fuck logistics.
>>
>>47930170
Lamia vampire lady on monstrous revenant.
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 639x876) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 639x876
REMINDER THAT TGG2 ENDS ANY DAY NOW, SHIPS OUT AS SOON AS IT DOES.

GET IN, GET DARK ELVES/DARK ELDAR/SLAANESH DAEMONS/SISTERS OF BATTLE/SISTERS OF SIGMAR CHEAPER.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loudnraging/tgg2-light-and-darkness/description
>>
>>47929905
How is anything i said shit posting? And for the record I don't even want to talk about the endtimes, I'm just sick of people thinking that just because they don't like it it isn't canon and that its AoS. i wouldn't have even bothered mentioning the endtimes if this wasn't the attitude.
>>47929946
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to use endtimes lore to trump established warhammer lore ever, except for the "Malekith did nothing wrong" shitposters we had to deal with a few months ago
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 639x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 639x619
>>47931368
>>
>>47931804
Ugh, I'm still so pissed about that.

I mean how can they miss the point so much? Its like saying Sigvald was the hero the Empire needed and deserved because Sigmar said so.

He's wrong, he's horrible, he's a fucking dumbass, and that's his appeal.
>>
File: 1465852119931.jpg (478 KB, 440x624) Image search: [Google]
1465852119931.jpg
478 KB, 440x624
>>47931804
>How is anything i said shit posting?
When the thread specifically states, "this thread is for x and not y" and then you try to argue about why you should be able to talk about "y" then it is shitposting.

It's like going into a DnD 4e thread and complaining about why the thread states the it's only about 4e and not Dragonlance.
The issue is continuity and deciding what's proper lore and what's not.

For the purpose of the original post of this thread we are acting like ET didn't happen when it comes to lore arguments.

Make an End Times thread to talk about how End Times lore supersedes previous lore.

Make a Dragonlance thread if you want to talk about how Dragonlance should have been included in 4e.

As has already been stated speaking about EndTimes is fine along the same lines as headcanon and fanfiction.
But for the purpose of this thread it's not to be held above previous lore.
>>
>>47931917
But NeferataxArkhan is still canon, right?
>>
File: 1466646733683.jpg (17 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1466646733683.jpg
17 KB, 500x334
>>47931804
>I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to use endtimes lore to trump established warhammer lore ever,
A couple threads ago there was a dude that was unironically stating that Archaon was the main character of Warhammer Fantasy.

He based this off of asspulled ET lore and AoS stuff.
That's the only one I remember.
>>
>>47931944
>But NeferataxArkhan is still canon, right?
If you want it to be senpai.
It's something that wasn't touched on before and doesn't contradict anything.

Hell, in my headcanon Vlad and Isabella are still alive and the elector count/countess of Stirland.
>>
>>47931962
Actually, Neferata's own novel had them in live. He still had skin then, too.
>>
>>47931978
>He still had skin then, too.
Makes it cuter.
>>
>>47931946
I'm pretty sure that is just Carnac. He is autistic, so you should probably just ignore everything he says.
>>
>>47931917
Who said I was trying to use endtimes to trump previous lore? All I said was that endtimes is part of warhammer and isn't AoS. That is objective fact, and Ignoring endtimes is as easy as turning back the clock a couple of years. I hate most of endtimes after Glottkin, and I love the 8ed setting. I myself ignore all of Khaine, and the Archaon wank.
>>
So can someone please explain just why on earth AoS happened? From a corporate standpoint I mean.
>>
>>47932175
>WHFB not selling that well compared to company's other offerings
>I know, we need to reboot it and add space marines like in our other game to make it sell
>Having good rules and a setting with a sense of scale doesn't exist in our other offering anyways, so let's just throw those out
Remember, no market research and proud
>>
>>47932175
Fantasy hadn't sold well in years.
Not worth continuing as it was.
One last hurrah with End Times to calculate how interested people were.
Remade it as an "easily accessible" game with very simple rules so they could sell to new players, while printing whole swathes of simple new models with high prices to drain more money out of the old dogs who will buy anything.
>>
>>47932175
WHFB didn't sell enough miniatures to justify GW's continued investment. GW deduced that the problem was that the price of WHFB was too hefty for the average customer to get into and that the rules was too intimidating. I'm not sure why they decided to make AoS a turbo plebe setting, but I guess GW thought that their consumers has shit taste?
>>
>>47932239
Seriously? And yet they made total war: warhammer? that could have gotten heaps of people in, just like dawn of war did. But it can't now!
>>
>>47932295
I think that Total Warhammer was announced around 2012 or something. It's entierly possible that Age of Sigmar was not planned out yet.
>>
>>47932295
I actually got into WHFB because of older Total War games giving me a fetish for line battles. Hopefully they can sideline AoS like they did with LotR and we can all forget that this ever happened.
>>
>>47932175
1) Comicbook logic, issue #1 will by default outsell issue #2-anything so by rebooting periodically even without changing much you create artificial interest in what is actually the same old shit.
2) The more things can be used in either 40k and not-40k, the more sales. If Blood Angels players want Sigmarines for bits or Dark Elf players want Dark Eldar for bits you get more profit. So by making the two more similar, more sales.
3) Chapterhouse. EVERYTHING must have a name that can be a trademark, nothing must ever be shown that is not a model for sale in art or described in depth in a story.
4) They believe video game sales compete with model sales, but licensing their IP results in all profit with no cost of production or effort. So having a defunct Warhammer IP can be a profit.
5) The writers and sculptirs don't like Fantasy as much.
6) Fantasy is more grounded, but the money is in large crazy kits. With a setting jacked up to 12, nobody will blink at a 100 foot tall mount for a small evil warlord.
7) When you don't have a concrete timeline for the entire setting with a measurement of time, any maps that cover an entire plane or planet, or anything but the vaguest prophesies you can literally make up anything any time with no planning.
>>
>>47932175
Off topic, this belongs in the AoS thread
>>
File: Untitled.png (898 KB, 2500x470) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
898 KB, 2500x470
>>47932295

:(
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 615x779) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 615x779
>>47932360
I dunno, bashing AoS and GW is pretty on-topic.
>>
>>47932080
>Who said I was trying to use endtimes to trump previous lore?
Nobody.
Everybody is just telling you the meaning of the statement in the OP.

People here don't care if you talk about the End Times as long as it's not the basis of a fluff argument ala >>47931946
>>
File: More affordable.png (4 MB, 2592x2664) Image search: [Google]
More affordable.png
4 MB, 2592x2664
>>47932292
>WHFB was too hefty for the average customer
A ha...hm....
>>
File: cow-orc.jpg (49 KB, 259x325) Image search: [Google]
cow-orc.jpg
49 KB, 259x325
Has anyone had any experience with these miniatures?
http://www.miniaturemen.com/
I really like the style and sculpting.
A bit too pricy for me but it's rumoured that they'll soon start a dwarf themed kickstarter.

I'd love myself some cow-boy looking dwarfs
>>
>>47932749
AUD or NZD?
>>
File: USofA.png (475 KB, 1303x779) Image search: [Google]
USofA.png
475 KB, 1303x779
>>47932798
The good ol' US of A

what gets me is the 3 khorne guys for $90 they're literally chaos warrior size only their wide stances make them sit on 40mm bases
>>
>>47932864
Yep.

But in a game with no balance, that's an army.

They figured the average Warhammer player would prefer to get far less for their money if they have to spend less overall.
>>
>>47932749
I didn't say that GW was smart about it.
>>
File: snow-white-head-explode[1].gif (777 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
snow-white-head-explode[1].gif
777 KB, 350x263
>>47932864
>The good ol' US of A
>>
>>47932864
Well, if the UK leaves the EU the pound is expected to plummet against the dollar, making it actually somewhat cheaper even with shipping.
>>
>tfw nobody warned me that vermintide was basically multiplayer only

This sucks, I thought I'd be able to sneak around by myself doing cool shit.

Even if you go completely single player you've still got retarded bots that get stuck in holes.

Someone please tell me Mordheim is better?
>>
>>47933247
YES! After a decade of ogling forgeworld my time has come! Now if only there was actually something I wanted/needed
>>
>>47933669
I think it's decent. It can get a little repetitive though.
>>
File: 1466631468616.jpg (33 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
1466631468616.jpg
33 KB, 470x698
>Vermintide has better reviews
>vermintide is kinda shit

>Mordheim has worse reviews
>Mordheim is actually really good and reminds me of the tabletop

Y tho?
Did GW play any part in the production of any of these games?
>>
>>47933698
The pound just dropped 11%. 60% of the vote in, dead even.
>>
>>47935602
No. GW rents licenses, at best provides a list of things they can't do.

Also, I like Vermintide and Mordheim's reviews come from the estimated chance system being almost entirely inaccurate. People get buttmad about that for some reason.
>>
>>47928820
One thing, always bring command
>>
We have the luminark of Hysh and the celestial hurricanum as arcane battle altars, do you think the other colleges have similar warmachines? I would think at least the Bright wizards and Gold Wozards would have developed something along these lines. What do you think the Battle Altars of the other colleges would be like, both fluff and crunch?
>>
Playing dread elves in 9th age and I seem to be consistently crushed by the local empire player, so does anyone have any advise for me?
>>
>>47937351
whats yer list
>>
File: Queen-Brexit-Sun.jpg (691 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Queen-Brexit-Sun.jpg
691 KB, 2048x1536
In light of the British Pound's value dipping amidst the Brexit vote, is now a good time to stock up on Warhammer before GW has a chance to adjust their prices? It's probably been about a year since I last bought any models.
>>
>>47937456
Sucks to be Brit. When GW raises prices, they tend to give everyone an increase.

That being said it only really matters if you can somehow buy from the Brit site and get it shipped to your location, since buying from them defaults to the local currency. 'murricans will still be paying the same dollar price for example.

Anyone know a good way to take advantage of it?
>>
>>47937623
The dip in currency is just the bankers throwing a fit over not getting their way. Eventually they will have to come back to the table and act like adults. Until then, it would be great if we could figure out a way to take advantage of the lower exchange rate while it lasts
>>
>>47937442
Dread prince
-elven horse
-shield
-ogre sword
-dragon scale helm
Talisman of supreme shielding
-heavy armour
-repeater crossbow

Oracle lvl2 shadow magic
Oracle lvl2 black magic + dispel scroll

10 repeater auxiliary with shields and a musician x2

Dread knights with champion x2

Hydra with alpha predator
>>
>>47937826
This was for 1000 points, I wanted to have a highly mobile army, with crossbow men to harass and hold the line, while the dread knights and hydra outflanked.
>>
>>47937821
>The dip in currency is just the bankers throwing a fit over not getting their way.
No, its a reaction to the fact that dealing with England is now going to get a lot more expensive with the EU as trade tariffs kick in, paperwork compliance becomes an absolute clusterfuck, and as a result the economy of England shrinks slightly.

It probably won't get worse, but it won't be getting any better.
>>
File: balthasargelt.jpg (69 KB, 736x827) Image search: [Google]
balthasargelt.jpg
69 KB, 736x827
So is gelts face made of gold or is he just wearing a tight mask? How can he even speak?
>>
>>47938343
He has a mask, but his face may also be gold underneath.
>>47937870
It's a bit of what he said and partly the fear of what you said. It will probably still blow over eventually when people stop panicking.
>>
>>47938343
He had an accident involving a golden explosion, and ever since then he hasn't been seen without his mask or robes. Some suspect he is horribly scarred, others suspect he turned into gold. My own head canon says his skin turned to gold after the accident and he refuses to be seen without his mask in fear of the imperials accusing him of heresy

>>47936532
Reynolds answered this on his blog, i think he said the Fire one was pulled by ceramic horses and set everything around it on fire/gave the unit it was attached to flaming attacks, while the shadow one was ethereal and created a pall of darkness that was impossible to see through and sucked in anything that got too close. Gold one spat out alchemical ammo at random, and the Death one was a statue of Morr that severed souls from the material world and was really effective against the undead. I believe there were none for the jade wizards and beast wizards since they aren't really tech savy
>>
>>47938743
Would consider the mounts available to beast wizards to be an equivalent of this.
>>
File: image.jpg (267 KB, 1000x935) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
267 KB, 1000x935
Hey guys, now that Forgeworld is going under, what Fantasy Forgeworld stuff should I get?

Which monsters were good? Is any 40k stuff useful in Fantasy?

I basically have between a 0.5k-4k force of everything except Lizardmen, Brets, Warriors, and Beasts.
>>
Bump.

Did Angland sink into the sea or something?
>>
>>47941769
Yeah, it has become a modern day Atlantis after brexit.
>>
>>47942051
Is David Cameron going to be the first king of Gondor?
>>
>>47942114
Who is Sauron?
>>
>>47942148
Whoever the current president of the EU council is.
>>
>>47942148
The nerdy and ineffective but sexy and popular sidekick to the epitome of true evil who outlived his master?

Putin.
>>
File: bears of.jpg (568 KB, 2500x1666) Image search: [Google]
bears of.jpg
568 KB, 2500x1666
Hej guyz. I did a first mock-up for my count as knights of the quest. They are supposed to be a regiment of renown. "The bears of ???". They will sport great axes.

Fluff in my army is that it's set up in the border princes after the currupt father of the current ruler got himself stipped of all his titles and expelled for waring his fellow bretonians.

After his death his son is trying to make amends, living a virtuous life, errecting shrines to the lady et cetera but his army is still made up mostly of mercenaries:

All my peasents are mercs armed with halberds and pikes, bowmen-stakes are pavises, trebuchets are mercenary mortar crews.

Peg knights are an eagle rider regiment of renown, questers are great-axe regiment of renown.

Knights errant range from idealistic and adventurous young bret knights to disowned brets/imp knights to rightout criminals.

Knights of the Realm are just "bretonian knights", full bretonian knights that either belonged to the dukes family when it was expelled or that chose to leave bretonia for other reasons, for example having no land to inherit.

Grail knights are just that. They guard the newly erected shrines.
>>
>>47942251
Sounds about right. He just needs the one union back to regain that lost power.
>>
>>47942424
Bretonnians? Trying to make amends? By having mercenaries? Absolutely unchivalrous! A true son of bretonnia would rather charge into battle outnumbered 100 to 1 than hire someone else to fight for him

Love the rest of the fluff though
>>
Sure is a slow day today.

So, what is the best army changing gimmick in 8th ed. / 9th Age?

Hellfist ogres?
Throgg monster mash?
Monarchs of Undeath?
>>
>>47943911
Everything being good in 9th so you can actually take what you like without fear, then figure out how to win with it on the table.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 600x620
>>47944047
Anyone know a good proxy for an Exalted Seeker Chariot? This thing doesn't say "Shrine of Temptation" to me.

Just needs three crew and four mounts whatever it is.
>>
>>47940899
...does that zombie dragon have testicles?
>>
Whats this I hear about forge world going under
>>
>>47944804
Not going under.

Britain left the European Union, so the value of the pound plummeted.

Although GW's main site uses your regional currency, Forgeworld uses the pound and ships from England.

So...everything Forgeworld sells just got cheaper. Assuming your bank already adjusted for the current exchange rate.
>>
>>47942215
Schulz?

he has the personality.
>>
File: 4242-088a5c7a.png (417 KB, 566x900) Image search: [Google]
4242-088a5c7a.png
417 KB, 566x900
>>47927473
For all you here that play 9th age, who us the true successor to WHFB?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10579080
>>
>>47945193
Should have included Total Warhammer.
>>
>>47945193
Total War: Warhammer
>>
File: image.jpg (436 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
436 KB, 1920x1080
>>47945225
>>47945249
Total Warhamind.
>>
>>47945225
>>47945249
>>47945266
I suppose thats fair enough, I did leave "Other" as a option. I kept it to table top, because im trying to decide which system to demo at my local hobby place.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 640x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 640x1019
>>47945288
Age makes an easier demo, but since it goes nowhere yet its a bad choice for people you want to stay playing longterm.

9th is probably the best option, or wait for the soft reboot of Age with their point system and cityscape event.
>>
>>47945225
It's total war: warhammer for me, the only worthy successor. Never had any interest in the tabletop, but I will be playing countless hours of TW
>>
File: 1466546930975.png (265 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1466546930975.png
265 KB, 500x375
>>47945288
Age is shit and broken.

9th age is for rule-loving grognards.

KoW has no players irl.

Do Mordheim with a buddy.
>Smaller scale
>easier to get friends into
>easier rules
>more customization and storytelling
>Fun warhammer setting
>quicker playtime with options to continue in a campaign setting with your friend.
>>
>>47945288
Warhammer Quest
>>
>>47947244
Mordheim is almost as broken as Age.
Look into Wyrdwars or something if you really want to do that

Unless you're referring to the vidya or something.
>>
>>47947290
>Mordheim is almost as broken as Age.
>Look into Wyrdwars or something if you really want to do that
>Unless you're referring to the vidya or something.

As long as you're not playing WAAC it's fine, and it's a small scale game between buddies so if you play WAAC you're a virgin loser anyway.

But I do agree the vidya game is very good.
>>
>>47947244
>KoW has no players irl.
I've litterally never seen anyone playing AoS or 9th but there is multiples KoW games daily at my LFGS
>>
>>47947456
Where do you live?
>>
>>47947692
France
>>
>>47947319

Wyrd Wars is basically a fan attempt to balance Mordheim. Apparently it seems to do a fairly decent job of it.

Still, WAACfags will probably figure out how to abuse it, but it is significantly easier to play casual and still get balanced games out of it.
>>
>>47947723
Sounds like one might as well play Frostgrave instead since it doesn't have a need to balance warbands in the first place.
>>
File: 1449986058147.jpg (398 KB, 1595x2121) Image search: [Google]
1449986058147.jpg
398 KB, 1595x2121
I picked up a 'Tales of the Old World' collection of short stories - personally, I think it's a great look at WFB beyond what the army books tell you, and some of the short stories could've been great even outside of the WFB context just for the twists they include, or the ideas they make you think of.

Aside from a few flaws here and there, the biggest problem I had was a lack of variety - there were almost no stories that had vampires, or tomb kings, or high elves or wood elves. Any recommendations on where I can go to get a good look at those?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 630x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 630x866
>>47948782
The Gotrek and Felix books is pretty much a murderhobo roadtrip through the Warhammer world and covers most of the attractions of the setting
>>
>>47948782
I'm reading the Genevieve omnibus right now, it's pretty good albeit based on old canon.
>>
>>47945334
Goddamn, I don't even really like AoS but that is a really well done paintjob.

Now I wish I could see what a corroded brass would look like, or jade.
>>
File: pic499799.jpg (61 KB, 426x550) Image search: [Google]
pic499799.jpg
61 KB, 426x550
>>47949001
Anyone know what kind of knight body i could use to make some bret foot knights for my WHQ game? I have the great helms i just need some bodies for me and my bros
>>
File: 1456304590996.jpg (29 KB, 213x591) Image search: [Google]
1456304590996.jpg
29 KB, 213x591
>>47949119
I'm pretty sure there's some old models still out there. Just not sure where you'd look. Worst case scenario you take a man-at-arms/another reasonable infantry model, spruce him up a bit and slap a great helm on him. Maybe try Perry Miniatures.

Also, what ever happened to Bretonnian men with magical ability again? I know the women became damsels.
>>
>>47949244
Do the Perry bros scale well with warhams? I know they did a lot of the older sculpts, I'm trying to make a few (4-5) guys so me and some bros can do a chivalrous playthrough
>>
>>47949455
From what I've read, they're a little short, but that could be fixed with a slightly tall base, and a big Bretonnian helmet would help anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 602x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 602x1000
>>47949001
It's frankly better than most of the stuff BL has released in the past 10 years. Which is not hard, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 800x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 800x580
>>47949455
It scales better with the old stuff from 10-15 years ago than the more recent stuff. It's in the same scale as Frostgrave plastic and kitbashes fairly well with it. However, the Perry and Frostgrave stuff looks like manlets when put next to the average Empire plastic guys due to the aethetic choice of everyone in the Warhammer line looking a super buff action hero.
>>
>>47948643

Frostgrave is fairly unbalanced if not played casually. Basically offensive kill spells have advantage because targeting your opponent's spellcasters yields huge XP rewards. You'd have to write-in some houserules to reduce the experience gained from killing other spellcasters and up treasure and scenario experience to make it much more profitable.

Also the spells are fairly hit or miss on the situational/dickery/solid/absolute-must-take chart.

Otherwise it is somewhat balanced as everyone has the same options, however you never really get a more granular representation for anything other than your spellcaster, and even then it's mostly just aesthetic and starting spells. Gnolls, Henchmen, Cultists, Skaven, Orcs, Elves, Mummies... None of those teams will have mechanical advantages, like Elves being able to use forests to their advantage or Gnolls recovering health by scavenging the dead or Skaven being cheaper by the dozen.
>>
>>47949739
>>47949001
Can't find it in the OP.

Link for download pls
>>
>>47948833
artist?
>>
Should I get a Malagor before GW discontinues him?

>>47949739
It's tied with Wraith Squadron and Starfighters of Adumar for "Favorite Licensed Fiction." for me
>>
>>47935602
>mordheim
The game itself was ass for a long time, getting zerged by AI that doesn't even want to reduce the risk of injury or pick up wyrdstone was complete bullshit.
>>
>>47948782
Anywhere i can find decent bretonnia lore? haven't been able to find anything in the links
>>
>>47951863
I don't think he's going away anytime soon, but I'd say yes just because it's a cool model
>>
>>47951785
I'm pretty sure it's John Blanche.
>>
>>47951863
The best part is that you can find Genevieve in other canons. The ride never ends!
>>
>>47935602
I might have enjoyed Vermintide if it had been a cooperative RPG inspired by WFRP.
>>
>>47956723
Yeah.
I enjoy run and gun with friends and I enjoy the warhammer setting.
So it's alright.
But that's it.

There's nothing deeper and the storyline doesn't even make sense.
>>
Would Remilia be a Von Carstein or a Lahmian?
>>
>>47956787
>the storyline doesn't even make sense.

wat
>>
>>47958850
For what it is.
You're just popping back and forth on World of Warcraft style "pick up 30 barrels" missions.

Nothing you do during those missions actually changes anything in the story and that's all the entire game is.

I mean even in left 4 dead (the game it was based on) you at least advance the entire storyline as you go through the game.
>>
>>47958907
It's not as much that you advance a storyline in L4D, but that you go through a story. The story itself is really narrowly focused on the survivors, and you don't learn the wider ramifications of their actions until you read comics or other bits of lore outside of the game.
>>
>>47960369
Is there a Vermintide comic?
>>
>>47958831
Necrarch or Blood Dragon.
>>
File: 1428367002919.jpg (188 KB, 771x530) Image search: [Google]
1428367002919.jpg
188 KB, 771x530
Why is Bretonnian infantry so shit? It's bad to the point where I seriously question if I should even grab any for the tabletop, since half the time they just run away.
>>
>>47962824
flaming longbows aren't shit
>>
>>47962848
Men-at-Arms are shit though. Absolute shit.
>>
File: image.png (516 KB, 766x795) Image search: [Google]
image.png
516 KB, 766x795
>>47962991
Supposed to be. Sacrifice them so your Knights reach their target unscathed and rAM THE HOLY LANCES OF THE LADY DOWN THEIR THROATS.
>>
Does Bretonnia have anything like "armored men-at arms"? Because even in Total War Warhammer, Bretonnia's infantry is like goblin tier levels of shit.
>>
File: image.png (941 KB, 504x851) Image search: [Google]
image.png
941 KB, 504x851
AOS player here. Convince me why fantasy is better.
>>
>>47964050
no
>>
>>47961194
Are you calling Remilia ugly?
>>
>>47954827
Having Detlef mentioned a ton in Gotrek and Felix and "The fall of the Great Enchanter" mentioned in Brunner the Bounty Hunter was great.
>>
>>47964050
If you don't have nostalgic connection to the setting, then there's little reason to think fantasy is better
>>
>>47964600
I have to disagree. Maybe after as gets its soft reboot, but at the moment it seems like the rules are a pile of crap.
>>
I'm having a 3005 pts game against dark elves tomorrow.
Super fun and super relaxed, fluffy rather than competitive (8th edition rules).

Here's my list

HEROES
1 Dragon slayer (naked) [it was the last surving model of a slayer unit last game so it got promoted] 70 pts

runesmith, shield, RoS 68 pt
thane: BSB, RoS, shield 98pt
thane [General] MRoG, great weapon 101pt

CORE
30 warriors; great weapons, full comand 330pt
25 longbeards; shields, full comand, RoStoicism 390 pts
10 thunderers 120 pts
10 thunderers 120 pts
24 quarrelers 288 pts

SPECIAL
25 Ironbrakers, full comand 380 pts
30 hammerers, full comand 480 pts
gyrocopter 80pts
gyrocopter 80pts
Cannon; rune of forging 145 pts
catapult rune of accuracy, rune of burning 110 pts
SPECIAL
Organ gun; rune of accuracy 145 pts
What do you guys think?
>>
>>47964050
The setting is sword and sorcery with low and dangerous magic.

That appeals to a lot of the people that grew up in the 80's/90's because that's just how the world was.

If you like high fantasy with mythic elements and gods walking among men then stay with AoS.

If you want peasants just struggling to make a living while getting raped by orcs read some Fantasy.
>>
>>47964840
>still falling for the Warhammer is low fantasy meme in 2016

It hasn't been that way since 7th, and 8th is definitely high magic
>>
>>47964930
I didn't use the word low fantasy you absolute cunt.
Low fantasy is completely different from sword and sorcery/low magic.

And 8th is only high magic when you're looking at literal paragons of the winds of magic.

The average hedge witch or wizard still has a relatively high chance of blowing themselves up or mutating into a giant gelatinous mess if they try to cast any basic spell.
>>
>>47937456
Not really, chances are they won't change their prices and the Pound will rebound fairly soon, so I really wouldn't say this was the chance of a life time or anything. If you want it buy it. Forgeworld may be slightly cheaper for a while.
>>
>>47937870
It's mainly fear, trade tariffs won't kick in because

a) we likely won't leave the EU until 2020
b) no deal has yet been struck
c) free trade or a Norway style arrangement appears to still be on the table
>>
>>47963998
There is a mod that adds in foot knights, really useful for line infantry
>>
>>47963865
>the Lady has a Holy Lance

So that's the secret Mallobaude found out about the Lady!

Seriously, I don't get why the lie about Lileath was necessary or bad.
>>
>>47964050
I would, but I honestly don't know shit about AoS's setting. It all seems very vague to me, and tries a little too hard for an epic fights in a not!Ragnarok feel. It's a setting that might have done a lot better with no connection to WFB at all, but as it is it feels shackled and not allowed to do what it really wants...whatever that is.
>>
>>47966850
How would you like to find out that an elf god pretended to be a human god explicitly to breed and use you as meatshields so elves wouldn't have to die or even fight?
>>
>>47960689
Nope.
The days of Warhammer cross promotions died with Warhammer Online.
>>
>>47964050
AoS lore is capeshit, and it is literally THE worst current mainstream game mechanically.

If you pike the lore, fine.

By contrast, Fantasy has a much more grounded setting and is a traditional wargame. Not the best, but decent.
>>
>>47964977
Unless you are Sienna. Then you are a fire machine gun.
>>
>>47968417
>>HOLD THE LINE
Those two comics were so great.

The vampire one sucked so much shit that it became a sewer system.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 490x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 490x375
>>47966850
Pic related.
>>47967912
Literally the only revelation is that she was an Elf.

The Lady never promised them anything like an afterlife or purpose. The only agreement was
>be rightous
>get powers
>The Lady protects Bretonnia in exchange for devotion

Fucks sake, she gave more of a shit about them than Greek gods or Dungeons and Dragons gods.

The problem is with GW writing where everyone is an anarchist cunt with daddy issues.
>>
>>47968451
Really? I liked the one with the vampire nuns.

Now the one with the Necromancer and the Skaven? THAT was shit. That art was so bad.
>>
>>47968489
Wasn't the second one dealing with the Lahmian vampires? I don't have them on my computer, but I know that the '3d' graphics one was a total piece of shit.
>>
>>47968516
Naw, it was partway through the good series.
The Empire and Dwarf army breaks and everyone flees from the Warriors.

The story forks between the three Emoire groups and the captured Dwarfs.

One of the Empire groups flee to a convent where the nuns take them in, but like the story of Grendel they start nabbing the sleeping men in the hall to drink from. The survivors attack them and torch it to the ground before regrouping with the wizard's group, who got a gryphon, and the Dwarfs, who showed the Khornates that Dwarfs are da best.

The later series with the shit art had a necromancer who used Skaven to get immortality, but his former master was a vampire who was not amused that HIS apprentice had taken off. Based on the looks, the second vampire was Von Carstein.
>>
>>47968477
The bretonnians acting like her being an elf was a betrayal was one of the most retarded parts of the end times fluff. Without her, they would have been wiped out by the orcs and beastmen in the time of giles, and if not then, they would have been wiped out by skaven or annexed into the empire once they got strong enough .The Brets owe everything to the lady, and her being an elf doesn't really change anything. Hell, the mortal elves manipulate the humans into serving as meat shields all the time, especially Teclis with his colleges of magic project. The way Jerrod acted when he found out she was an elf goddess shits on everything we've been told about the bretonians and their honor, oaths and chivalry. A more sensible reaction would have been "Oh, you're an elf goddess? well, i still swore an oath to you, and you've still been protecting us, so i don't really care"

Then again, its all end times fluff, and the reaction came from a throwaway character and about 50 nobody knights of the realm who were made up just for the story, so it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>47969226
Fuck, the 8e High Elf book was created to lead into End Times and has the High Elves showing up to save the Bret capital only because there was a Waystone under it. The Brets were grateful for the help regardless and considered the Elves to be comrades.
>>
>>47967912
The problem I have with this is that, as far as I can tell, she didn't actually do much for the elves and began focusing most of her attention on the Bretonnians.
>>
Hello gujs.How goes the hobby?
I just impulse-bought loen leoncoeur for ~ 70 € and am now having second thoughts on this..
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 378x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 378x283
>>47969501
She made Alith Anar immortal and gave him a bow strung with her own hair then told him to kill all Dark Elves, and at some point gave Elfkind a magic staff that she made with a statue of her own body in the nude at the top.

Also, she may have had something to do with Tyrion training Eldyra as an apprentice since it was her shrine the crying Eldyra ran to in order to hide from the laughing nobles of the Phoenix Court when he came to her.

But yeah, otherwise she's spent almost all of her time blessing Bret men, training Bret women in magic, and having her half-human daughter (confirmed in Sigmar's Blood and End Times) to lead the Brets like a living Sword in the Stone. Fuck, she even did what Asuryan did for Aenarion when she made the Repanse into a fucking Daemon-smiting demigod.

If anything the High Elves should have been pissed. Elves in general actually. She fucking killed the mother of all Elves, went with Asuryan and Khaine being retards and trading champions, and basically abandoned everyone for the fucking humans, then had her spy fuck up the magic that keeps the world going, all so she could make a new world for her kids and second bany daddy plus some other random chick.

She makes the God Emperor of Mankind look like Dumbledore.
>>
>>47969544
Depends.

We have no official support, so fans have resurrected the game better than ever as The 9th Age while some people just use the models and lore in other systems.

Depends on your local scene. Find out what your FLGS is playing.
>>
>>
>>47969617
>She makes the God Emperor of Mankind look like Dumbledore.

Or rather, the End Times writers makes even the HH writers appear somewhat non-retarded.
>>
>>47969642
Neat. Could use a wash, but neat.

Gotta love Skaven backstabbing.
>>
>>47969697
It already has, but I suppose I don't have a very good camera. I'm also drinking and I should take that into account.
>>
File: image.jpg (252 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252 KB, 1600x1066
>>47969708
Ah, I see it now. Very nice.

You could use the Technical paints, Ryzs Rust or (forgot the name, starts with an 'n') Oxide like pic related for their weapons for added detail. Maybe Blood For The Blood God on the heads. If you glue a hair, you can drip paint on it so it pools at the end and looks like dripping blood, the BRB for 8e has a section on it.

Technicals are honestly the only thing GW paints are good for.
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 680x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 680x384
>>47969737
Here's a third of their tech paint range. But a lot of the rest are just the same thing in different colors.

Haven't tried the Spiritstone stuff yet but all the others are good. Get P3 or Vallejo or whatever for everything else.

Stirland Mud may be my favorite though.
>>
>>47969617
I honestly feel that's partially to blame because of AoS - in hindsight, we can understand that GW didn't want the Brets to have anything in the new setting, so they wrote a nice fancy box for them to cease to exist in and bent over backwards to make it make sense.

Personally, I feel it would've made more sense to connect the Lady to Isha, since the wood elves obviously have their fingers in Bretonnian pies anyway.
>>
>>47969501
>>47969501
She spent more time focusing on the bretonnians because she could actually intervene directly. Asuryan banned the gods from intervening in mortal elf affairs directly for REASONS and wouldn't let her create a new race, so she decided to use the humans for her plan. Up until the retardedness that was her plan in the end times, it worked out pretty good for the brets, elves and the empire. she even let the dead bretonnian knights live on as angel demigods in the afterlife, a lot better than ending up as shades in Morrs garden or food for the chaos gods. I don't get how any of this is considered a bad thing to the bretonnians other than shit writing. then again, this is the end times we are talking about..
>>
>>47969737
Sounds very technical, but I'm drinking until I can pass out and wake up for WFRP the next day. I'll try to take your advice as I almost always leave threads open when I take part in them unless the local slac shits things up.

I just wanted to show off my Council Guard as I'm rereading the Black Plague.
>>
>>47968417
Graham McNeill writing short stories for Eternal Crusade doesn't count?

Also there was a comic book for Ultramarines the movie.
>>
>>47969757
I don't know what they were smoking with Lileath.
It felt like three teams writing a story, each being given what the others wrote and being allowed to do whatever to it.

I mean, why build up this big arc about Lileath's world then go "THBBBBT-Be'lakor killed it" and drop it all?

Like Matt Ward required them to do Lileath's story, then when he wuit after Khaine they swept it under the rug like...well, capeshit.

Like how in DC Comics Harley Quinn planted bombs in a new gameboy thing somehow then once they sold out like Tickle Me Elmo she blew them up, killing half the children in the first world all because she was being handed off from MAXIMUM
EDGE writers to a husband and wife who were going to make her a quirky Deadpool-like hero and the old team wanted to take a shit on the continuity before handing her over. So the husband and wife just shrugged it off, made the first issue and every few issues after that reminding you she's extremely delusional, and never mentioned it again.
>>
>>47969809
Get a screencap Firefox addon, then you can just save good advice or funny things.
>>
>>47969810
I assumed contextually it'd be clear I meant Fantasy rather than the OTHER Warhammer with its 30 year anniversary actually being remembered, but my mistake.

I meant Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>47969828
I usually just leave firefox open and take a look at the catalogue and ignore all the slav posts.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1000x562
>>47969835
That works too.

I can't find a good image of Stirland Mud. But this is stuff from another company that is the exact same.
Its nothing you can't make yourself, but $3 and it saves a lot of time. Just add rocks and grasses, and it is 10/10 with some water effects.
>>
>>47969850
Is Stirland Mud the new Devlan Mud? I'm probably so far behind that Nuln Oil is my shit. It makes all my shit models pop the certain amount.
>>
>>47969872
I dunno, I ignore renames and just go by what I've currently got.
>>
>>47969832
Released Archaon and Empire omnibuses with Total War: Warhammer logo?
>>
>>47969882
Then we're probably on the same level, or at least I'm not beyond Nuln Oil. I have a certain level of painting, which has gotten better, but I'm not much better than a few people that I've personally known.
>>
>>47969892
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 600x620
>>47969892
I'm not even going to respond to that with anything more than this.
>>
I just committed to running my first 9th Age event. I hope I don't fuck it up.
>>
>>47969986
Neat, have fun!
>>
File: Ubersreik.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ubersreik.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>47970110
big whoop wanna fight about it
>>
File: FKLTOU8EKIVH1466635905562.jpg (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
FKLTOU8EKIVH1466635905562.jpg
2 MB, 1600x900
>>47971017
>>
File: The soldier's shilling.png (2 MB, 838x1188) Image search: [Google]
The soldier's shilling.png
2 MB, 838x1188
>>47971039
>sunny fantasy coexistence
remove elf
e
m
o
v
e
>>
>>47971039
... where are the mailbox dancers. Where's the ERP. Where are the ganksquads/duels? What is this bullshit?
>>
File: bxOAdqO.jpg (415 KB, 1107x1482) Image search: [Google]
bxOAdqO.jpg
415 KB, 1107x1482
is having a shooty army a good way to get rid of ogres
or what is the answer
how about skaven
>>
>>47971124
They'll show up several minutes after you mention them.
>>
File: wild hunt.png (166 KB, 708x347) Image search: [Google]
wild hunt.png
166 KB, 708x347
>>47971163
>is having a shooty army a good way to get rid of ogres
playing "chip off the wounds" with a line of archers against fast moving monstrous infantry is not a good idea.
generally the helpful shooting is warmachines, arrows are needed to finish off enough guys to cause ld tests, but they don't pack enough punch.
against ogres you need to outmanouvre them since they often plays with only a few blocks and you have to bait their cavalry away from the main combat (where his heroes likely are).
fast moving shooting can be played with very good results though (especially with lizardmen and wood elves).

walls and edifices are useful since they negate, spells that cause tests (especially iniziative) are very useful to the point of being extremely dickish.

shooting can be useful against skaven to get rid of weapon teams, you will need something a bit stronger for the warmachines and monsters; their infantry doesn't have much protection and shooting can do lots of damage BUT you will inevitably need something that will break their morale in close combat in the end.

by the picture I assume you were thinking about wood elves, fortunately they have monsters and relatively strong infantry ot cavalry, the main problem being the lack of warmachines.
>>
Enjoy your 9th age while it lasts. Once the AoS Generals book drops Fantasy nostalgia is done for. Just sayin.
>>
>>47972144
>Enjoy your 9th age while it lasts. Once the AoS Generals book drops Fantasy nostalgia is done for. Just sayin.
People have been saying variations of this since AoS dropped last year.
There are still literally 4 AoS players and a dog with a sigmarine glued to it's head as your playerbase.
>>
File: 129573764963.png (19 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
129573764963.png
19 KB, 180x200
>>47972144
>Enjoy your 9th age while it lasts.

Thanks, anon!

Have a (you).
>>
>>47972346
>There are still literally 4 AoS players and a dog with a sigmarine glued to it's head as your playerbase.
>9thfags honestly believe this
Stay salty, my friend
>>
>>47972144
Thanks for the friendly reminder, broski.
>>
File: 1433882887039.jpg (293 KB, 500x432) Image search: [Google]
1433882887039.jpg
293 KB, 500x432
>>47969946
jesus fucking christ
>>
sup, guys
any way to try this game out without sinking in money? like a vassal module or whatever

dont really wanna buy the starter set, neither my friends nor i like the armies inside
>>
>>47973964
If you want you can just cut out cardboard or paper the size of whatever formations you're running and play with those.
>>
File: 1357517535182.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1357517535182.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>47973964
>the starter set

Wrong thread?
>>
>>47971088
Ugh, half the reason I like WFB is that it doesn't have all the absolutes of 40k. I'm not saying elves and dwarves and humans should all be bestest friends forever, but the fact that they're actually loosely allied, trade, and are somewhat friendly despite doubts and grudges makes the whole setting a lot less grimdark.
>>
>>47973964
>dont really wanna buy the starter set, neither my friends nor i like the armies inside
There is no starter set?
>>
>>47975086
This.

In 40k, the rules are the rules, anything else is highly out of the norm and chances are good its going to be wiped out when the Imperium finds out.

In Fantasy, its only the stereotype and the big cities that are described.

If you want a race of half-elves like TES Bretons, the Empire isn't going to wipe them out. If you want Dwarf Necromancers like a second Chaos Dwarf rising, nothing prohibits it.
>>
>>47975186
oh wow. i meant to post this in the AoS thread. sorry fuys
>>
>>47976004
I think you could argue the Bretonnians have a trace of elven in them. Just about everything else does - their cities, their horses...
>>
>>47976819
Damned elves! Copulating with horses and cobblestones!
>>
Anyone know of good Skelton nonhuman figures. I don't mind the dozens of Han skeletons for my VC army. But I want a good dead orc, elf, maybe an ogre for a neat wight king hero.
>>
I just finished Drachenfels in the Genevieve omnibus, and I was wondering if there's any particular order I should read the next three books in?
>>
>>47978346
Ral Partha. They just had a Kickstarter with exactly those things.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1050509756/ral-parthas-chaos-wars-dwarf-undead-troglodyte-min
>>
File: undead_20core_20set_large.jpg (102 KB, 629x640) Image search: [Google]
undead_20core_20set_large.jpg
102 KB, 629x640
For people who want an Undying Dynasties Cathay army, the Kensei Miniatures Undead Kickstarter is complete and they're taking preorders for the fall store release.

https://kensei-undead.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
>>
>>47978776
I think it's Genevive Undead, then Beasts in Velvet, then the next one.

It's not a chronological order, but I believe that's intentional.
>>
>>47979634
>Cathay
That looks Nippon as fuck to me, senpai.
>>
>>47979634
Don't tell me it's Chinese and then give me Japanese. That's like getting Lo Mein at a steakhouse.
>>
>>47979634
Glorious plastic sprues or the disgraceful and loathsome resin?
>>
File: John_Blanche_-_Nuln.jpg (110 KB, 400x569) Image search: [Google]
John_Blanche_-_Nuln.jpg
110 KB, 400x569
Anyone want a general warhammer fantasy skype group?
WHFB, Mordheim, Vermintide, TWWH, etc...
Lore and talking about books would be cool.

Drop skype name and I'll add.
>>
>>47980367
Don't remember my Skype id.
>>
File: P3140128.jpg (424 KB, 1517x1600) Image search: [Google]
P3140128.jpg
424 KB, 1517x1600
>>47979879
>>47980182
Not my fault, its the closest there is. Nobody makes good ancient Chinese 28mm miniatures.

>>47980236
Metal. All 100% metal. With resin for some terrain pieces, which they advertise as being GW non-finecast dark grey plastic.

I have their shit, its top notch stuff.
>>
>>47980779
Well, I do like metal a whole lot better than disgusting resin.
>>
File: Wyvern.png (811 KB, 563x473) Image search: [Google]
Wyvern.png
811 KB, 563x473
sup grognards
which orc models to start building an army? i like casters

thanks xoxo
>>
File: 1466906389481.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1466906389481.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
>>47980698
>>
File: 1414004664840.jpg (251 KB, 850x963) Image search: [Google]
1414004664840.jpg
251 KB, 850x963
>>47958831

Von Carstein I think
>>
>>47982281
Orc Shaman. Savage Orc Shaman. Wurrzag.

That's your only Orc casters.
>>
>>47982492
Random question...anyone have a picture of a grail I could use for a token i'm making for my homebrew WHQ Bretonnian Knigga? When i look on google all i can find is either too realistic or literal clip art
>>
>>47958831
She can't be Lahmian because she's not a slut.
>>
File: image.png (134 KB, 1564x1917) Image search: [Google]
image.png
134 KB, 1564x1917
>>47982828
>>
>>47982863
Actually, it's a bit cartoony but i like it
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 87

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.