[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest | Chapter XLVI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: HouseMalroy.png (321 KB, 444x649) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroy.png
321 KB, 444x649
Welcome to A Song of Revenge and Gold: House Malroy Quest. In which you take the reins of a House of storied glorious past since Aegon’s Conquering, but whose fortunes have taken a turn for the worse in the doom that Robert’s Rebellion brought. You are Brynden Malroy, second son to Lord Vamos Malroy and Lady Esemella Hayford and the last living heir to Steadhold and House Malroy. The year is 285AC, two years after the Rebellion and a year after your return to Westeros.

House Malroy is a pre-genned House designed around the idea of a story within the Crownlands of a House fiercely loyal to the Targaryens and their attempts to live in this new world after Robert’s Rebellion. Lord Brynden Malroy is as well pre-genned but will take direction from the players in his ways and how he develops himself further. This Quest will be moderately more story driven than others of its kind, but the development of the House and her lands will take just as much importance.

If you’ve played one of the many Quests within the ASoIaF setting the rules of the SIFRP system should be known. I will be using the Game of Thrones edition, as well as a few of the expansions namely OOSP and a few house rules which will be explained as we come to them. If you have questions about how things work or why certain actions are taken I can explain them as we go along. In truth this is a learning experience for me as well.

Google Documents Mastersheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WiZG5xtDqbQKI31IIbqNb4zTmooivb0Ns_J6EatgWgY/edit?usp=sharing

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RevengeGoldQM

Ask.FM

https://m.ask.fm/RevengeGoldQM

SIFRPG Resources:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/SIFRP

Archive:

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=House%20Malroy

And now without further ado.
>>
File: HouseMalroyFamilyTreev2.png (217 KB, 5976x1480) Image search: [Google]
HouseMalroyFamilyTreev2.png
217 KB, 5976x1480
“You’re out of practice, Barq Zos says,” Solhas remarks watching your form in the early morning.

“Tell Barq I’m certain his sister would be happy to help remedy that and I hit the bloody center,” you respond lining up a second shot. Highgarden’s tent city was waking in the wee hours of the morning, servants, pages and squires alike tending to the needs of the Lords, Ladies and Knights. Breakfast was to be served in the castle proper the third day of the Tourney following moments after. A few of your Knights had competed already, Ser Keegan of the Gullet, Ser Duncan Ureye, Ser Wat Waters and Ser Grag Hutter all going to the next round. Ser Gendry the Gray and Ser Lyonel Hill had both been upset by a Hedge Knight and a third son’s first tilt respectively. Your breath comes sharply as your focus aligns, and your hand let’s loose the arrow that streaks across the practice field, thumping into the target not a hair above the first. Turning on your heel you smile at the two Summer Islanders, Solhas laughing alongside you and Barq Zos spitting on the ground and taking up his goldenheart bow next. It felt good to have real competition again, a welcomed reminder of how much you had missed the two dusky men by your side.

“You’ve only gotten better from what I can tell my Lord,” Benjin says from his chair behind Solhas as you fall into the chair beside him loosely, “A certainty you are the favorite to win the archery contest within the week.”

“Do not tell him so. His head is big enough as is,” Solhas comments leaving you with a flat look upon your face.
>>
File: BryndenMalroy.jpg (824 KB, 2480x3508) Image search: [Google]
BryndenMalroy.jpg
824 KB, 2480x3508
Since arriving the Highgarden you had not had the chance to catch up with your Maester and Summer Islander companions, most of your time had been dedicated to making a show of your quick and earnest friendship with Ser Olymer Tyrell. Not that it had been a particularly bad thing all in all, a sober Olymer reminded you more of your close friend back home and his half-brother, Mason, perhaps with a bit more of a complex. Thus far you had been introduced to more Lords and Knights of the Reach than you could remember the name of at this point. Today however you would be sharing a box with Ser Arlen Hunt, Olymer’s friend and Lord Tarly’s bannerman. Benjin had been most pleased to hear you were mingling with the Lords of the Reach, a bias he usually tried to hide being a former Fossoway, but no less was intrigued by the possibility of marriage Olymer had offered in exchange for his help.

“You could certainly do worse than family of the Lord Paramount of the Mander, my Lord,” he spoke breaching the topic once again, “Historically the Malroys have always enjoyed a healthy relationship with the Reach, I would remind.”

“And I am certain my lady wife would take less kindly to the idea of my promising marriage before Lorelei’s first birthday,” you respond with a chuckle, “The idea is not out of mind Benjin, simply shelved for now. In the years to come, perhaps. Speaking of, the letter?”

Benjin ruffles himself up as he always had and responds with a nod, giving you cause to smile, you missed the elder man and his ways. His words of wisdom and counsel were a welcomed surprise in Highgarden as well as another possible in with the Reachlords should you need the friends in the days to come. Though upon the thought you realize your, rather embarrassing, lack of knowledge of potential family in the Reach. Recalling the night you had spent in Bitterbridge you ask, “Maester, do you recall any family of note within the Reach I may have?”
>>
>>47973182
>>47973198

Congrats on surviving the test of your real-life plot armor Father.
>>
File: Crownlands5.png (291 KB, 1069x707) Image search: [Google]
Crownlands5.png
291 KB, 1069x707
Benjin laxes, pulling upon the copper link as he pondered the thought, “Not within recent memory my Lord, I’m afraid to say. You will recall your grandfather’s, Lord Emmon, sisters married to Riverlanders and Crownlanders, as had your father. The closest I can recall at the moment is a Lady Valaena Malroy marrying the Lord of House Roxton some years back.”

You screw up your face, “I swear I could remember family amongst the Meadows and Caswells.”

“Ah…” Benjin draws out, “Family yes. Though none you are likely to wish to fraternize with my Lord. Blackfyre supporters all if I recall correctly. A cousin married to a Knight of House Meadows prior to the First Rebellion with parentage of Osgrey and Vyrwel, though never a Caswell as I can remember, do you misremember my Lord? Perhaps thinking of the Caswell your Lord grandfather spoke of so often in his dying days?”

For a moment you do not recall what Benjin was speaking of, until a distant memory comes back. Lord Emmon Malroy had fought in the rebellion caused by the Rat, the Hawk, and the Pig in 251AC. He swore he had seen the Daeron Targaryen’s death, though this come fragmented and not with every retelling of the story. During the War of the Ninepenny Kings your grandfather had suffered a head injury, severely limiting him and leaving a nasty soft hole in his head. Benjin had come to your House after your previous Maester had passed and was treating Lord Emmon with milk of the poppy more often than not keeping him under for days. Occasionally he would call upon his grandchildren, yourself and Donold more often than not as you both were the only ones born before his injury, when he was cognitive enough to speak, and tell you of the battles he had once fought.
>>
>>47973198
>>47973218
Welcome back dad how's the third eye?
>>
File: BrazenHorse.jpg (141 KB, 1243x829) Image search: [Google]
BrazenHorse.jpg
141 KB, 1243x829
Each time the names changed, as did the numbers, the colors they flew, but the most common occurrence was a Knight named Ser Camryn Caswell who he swore upon his honor had been a distant bitter cousin. In his waning days you saw your grandfather less and less, his mind simply not able to go on, and he had died early the same year you had flown to Essos.

“I… Perhaps it was. Had you ever verified any of those names Benjin? Camryn Caswell was his most often spoken one as I recall.”

Benjin scrunches up his face and shake his head in the negative, “Never my Lord. I was young at the time, fresh from the Citadel. They had sent me because of my knowledge of medicine, not my knowledge of history and family lineage. I do suppose in both regards I did fail my first charge. When I return to the Citadel I will be certain to look into the name, their libraries are far more extensive than my memory. Regardless. Lord Tarly, Ser Hunt, and Ser Olymer would all make for formidable allies my Lord. The ties of lineage would only matter to some Lords so much, in the now what you can offer an ally is of the utmost importance. Fostering children and trade will serve you better.”

“Thank you Benjin,” you respond half aware of the conversation, eyes and mind instead focused on the far away Langward and Blount pavilions in the distance. Solhas had gone to take his turn with Barq standing guard over your shoulder.

“War is inevitable,” Solhas says before firing off his first shot, aware of your line of sight, “A battle here will not give cause for the war back home to cease.”

“But crippling the Red Bastard’s allies will certainly make it easier,” you say drawing eyes back to Solhas’ arrow just slightly below your own blackshafted ones, “The Langwards are not his most earnest supporters, in truth I doubt anyone is, but they are the most powerful and most interested in gaining Steadhold for themselves.”
>>
File: VioletPlains2.jpg (535 KB, 2000x1271) Image search: [Google]
VioletPlains2.jpg
535 KB, 2000x1271
“Aware," Solhas remarks simply, his deep baritone echoing across the practice field, “Aware but not without concern. You are in need of more marksman Brynden, ones better than Westerosi stock. Men of power.”

“Summer Islers,” Barq Zos adds in the summer tongue, one of the few phrases you understood.

Giving them both a curious look Solhas explains, “Returned for a moment to Isles with the Maester. Collected herbs, met with priests. My parents were born in exile, Barq Zos was exiled alongside his family as is our people’s custom. Among the Free Cities there are many warriors hapless and lost. Even among our people there are those curious of the world beyond the Isles. It would not be a difficult thing to collect them in your Steadhold. Man of power, with bows of goldenheart, no Westerosi could stand up their might.”

Benjin nods his head slightly as you give him an odd look after Solhas is done speaking, “Had you given this thought as well Benjin?” you ask.

“The Summer Islanders are an impressive people my Lord, I will admit,” he says, “I am certain you know as much from your travels in Essos. While an expensive venture, I would caution against such now my Lord, as our troubles within Steadhold are certainly the more pressing matter, but perhaps in the future when war is more readily upon our doorstep.”

“A thought worth considering then,” you say. There was some truth to it, the Free Cities always had a few Summer Islanders looking for work with sellsword companies. You were aware of the Golden Company having an entire contingent of the dusky bowmen, and among the less reputable cities slaves fought in the fighting pits. Solhas and Barq Zos were easily your best archers, an entire company of the men would be a frightening thing, though more so for the fools that charged against them.
>>
File: SteadholdInnerSanctum.jpg (2 MB, 2472x1992) Image search: [Google]
SteadholdInnerSanctum.jpg
2 MB, 2472x1992
Solhas’ last arrow thunks into the target, leaving the three of you practically even for the morning. Barq Zos again spits on the ground and rambles off in the summer tongue eliciting a laugh from Solhas and Benjin and leaving you entirely confused before his dismay of not winning the pot to use on wine is made clear to you. With a roll of your eyes you throw you slip him a few more coins gaining a bright smile and a, ‘thank you Captain,’ in his tongue before he swaggers off for the day. Benjin and Solhas leave not soon after, you promising to have dinner with them and the Knights instead of inside the castle proper for a change.

Left alone for a moment your eyes again rest upon the Langward banner flapping in the morning’s summer breeze off in the distance. Olymer’s squire would be calling upon you again soon, to reaffirm your plans for the day, potentially to join him for breakfast for the morning. Lord Quentyn Qorgyle had thought it queer your sudden closeness with the man, though seldom asked questions instead being more engrossed in the current Dornish affairs Prince Oberyn Martell had brought with him. Apparently the Yronwood and their bannermen the Drinkwaters had made an appearance, a Knight named Ser Orton Yronwood, primarily among them. Quentyn had gone on to explain Orton’s father was the man that Prince Oberyn had supposedly poisoned and killed in a duel some years ago. A fact never proven but gave rise to the moniker of the Red Viper all the same and a frosty relationship between the two Houses despite Prince Doran’s best attempts otherwise. Quentyn had insisted upon you joining his family and other Dornish Lords for a meal at some point, as you likely wouldn’t have the chance in the foreseeable future.
>>
File: QR.Abilities&Specialities.png (92 KB, 320x772) Image search: [Google]
QR.Abilities&Specialities.png
92 KB, 320x772
However for the moment you thought better to stay clear of the Dornish feud, instead focusing upon your own issues, namely gaining audience with Lord Randyll Tarly and the likely subsequent Trial by Combat. The Invasion of the Princewood and few months that had followed had been good for your conditioning, your sword arm and legs had gotten soft in the year and a half of being a Lord you felt, no longer the half starved sellsword you once were. Dontos had suggested doubling down on your swordplay, Lucas meanwhile insistent upon your conditioning and endurance training, and Obella had no personal preference but was certainly enjoying the results of your hard work in the bedroom. However, in the months leading up to the Tourney in Highgarden you had decided to focus upon...

You have 40 EXP to spend. See attached image.
>An Ability costs 30 to upgrade.
>A Speciality costs 10 to upgrade/gain.
>A Destiny Point costs 50 to gain.

Seeing as you will likely be fighting in a Trial by Combat soon, some recommendations:
>Athletics, Endurance, or Fighting
>Strength, Long Blades, or Spears

Feel free to go a different direction if you wish. You have enough EXP to buy a single Ability and single Speciality or four Specialities. Or sit on it if you really want to.

Who would we like to break our fast with this morning?
>Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
>Ser Olymer Tyrell
>>
>>47973227
>>47973238

Thank you both. And much, much better. A bit sore from the surgery still, but I can see better now, I don't get a headache when looking at a computer screen for too long. Overall quality of life vastly improved.
>>
Glad to see you are alright. Mother would probably be a cunt if it didnt
>>
File: 1366697516771.gif (330 KB, 399x225) Image search: [Google]
1366697516771.gif
330 KB, 399x225
>>47973305
Bow and Athletics? Sellsword it up in the duel maybe?
>mfw when we backflip and fire our arrow in the Archery contest

>Ser Olymer Tyrell

gotta get things going with the reachfolk
>>
>>47973305
>Lord Quentyn Qorgyle

Pick up Endurance and Strength. More hitpoints are good and strength would make our lance and bow do more damage.
>>
>>47973305
I would say we should raise our sword skill since we will soon have trial by combat
>>
>>47973487
we ain't going to be using a lance in a duel and I'd rather hit our targets than hit harder than we do already
>>
>>47973305
Lets so Long Blades and Endurance

Breakfasr with Quentyn
>>
Oh and for those curious, Brynden's current stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15t70f-uSAGgm9tFSADoJfgfhcQwaAHKMSEVeTTIhkho/edit?usp=sharing

This can be found in the Masterlist in the OP.

>>47973485
Sorry no bows allowed in a trial by combat.

>>47973487
Your Endurance is pitifully low for a fighter character I will admit.

>>47973525
You will actually, recall Dontos' trial by combat. It started on horseback then ended on foot.
>>
>>47973305
Long Blades.

I am really indifferent. But it may be a good idea to spend some time with the family in law ?

But then again i would like to make more contact with the reach lords. Maybe we could start selling some horses ?
>>
I'm thinking Longblades and Endurance
>>
>>47973567
Endurance and Strength would be a great all-around choice. It will help with both Blades and Lance.
>>
>>47973567
>Sorry no bows allowed in a trial by combat

I was talking about the archery contest
>>
>>47973567

I would go Endurance and then hold off until we can improve another ability. I would rather improve our base stats first. We have enough specialization dice as it is.
>>
>>47973305
Fighting

>Ser Olymer Tyrell
>>
Alright it looks like Endurance is plenty popular. Not really that surprising as your stat has been low for a long time. So that's 30, easy enough.

Does look like a bit of a split on the Specialty though, between Strength and Long Blades. We'll do a vote, so some quick information.

Strength adds +1 damage per 1B, you already have 1, to any weapon with the 'Powerful' quality. Included among that is your Recurve and War Lance.

Long Blades will add another 1B to your Fighting rolls using your Longsword or Bastard Sword. You already have 2B, another will rise your dice pool for Fighting rolls to 4D+3B, taking penalties for weapons as they apply.

So with that in mind:
Specialty upgrade?
>Long Blades
>Strength
>Sit on it

>>47973574
>But then again i would like to make more contact with the reach lords.

Would you guys like that option instead? A sort of mingle in the morning deal? Sell some of those horses we brought along? I'll have to conjure up some options but I could do it.
>>
>>47973718
Long blades
>>
>>47973718
>>Sit on it
How's it feel to have another hole in the head dad?
>>
>>47973718

>Sit on it.

I would rather we rollover EXP into fighting or athletics rather than gain another speciality. This way our fighting would almost be on par with our marksmanship, and our overall combat ability would increase.

Once we hit, say 5 fighting and 6/7 marksmanship is when we should start increasing other stats, like awareness, cunning, athletics, endurance, etc.
>>
>>47973718
>Longblades

fucking swords and shit
>>
>>47973718
>Strength
>>47973746
Dude we kinda need it now
>>
>>47973305

I'd be tempted with a +1D to fighting, and another specialty in convince.
>>
>>47973772
Long blades are super important in Westeros its a skill were going to constantly use
>>
>>47973718
Strength
>>
>>47973718
>>Long Blades
>>
>>47973831

I would rather improve fighting than longblades, since we have 2b in LB as it is.

It would make more sense improving fighting, since you have a higher number of dice that contribute to the pool for attack.
>>
>>47973870
If we were able to pick fighting now then sure but we need something to help us win this fight and sitting on the xp could lead to Bryden losing or dying
>>
>>47973911

Its 10xp, for a minimal increase. I'll take the chance. Adding another 1b to longblades wouldn't improve or chances enough to justify the expenditure of the exp.
>>
Given how close this was I was tempted to just call it a sit on it but technically Long Blades won, so we're going to go with that.

I'm going to be better about updating the EXP counter again. I got pretty lazy about that for awhile. Basically I give 5 EXP per thread now, so there's that.

Anyway, I'll redo the OP vote too, since it didn't get as much attention there and with a new option:

Who do we wish to break out fast with?
>Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
>Ser Olymer Tyrell
>No one in particular, mingling with the assembled Reachlords instead
>>
>>47973718

Long Blades
>>
>>47973969
>>Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
>>
>>47973969
>Ser Olymer Tyrell

We REALLY need to begin extending the hand of friendship to the reach

y'know for money and shit, alliances etc, who we talked to last time aint gonna cut it
>>
>>47973969
>>No one in particular, mingling with the assembled Reachlords instead
>>
>>47973969
>>
>>47973969

Olymer Tyrell. Chances are Quentyn's going to be at steadhold sometime anyway to meet Lorelei.
>>
>>47974007
Olymer was who we talked to nigga. And if you'd actually read, we've been spending a lot of time with him already.
>>
>>47973969
>>Ser Olymer Tyrell

Quentyn's a bro already.
>>
>>47974063
>>47974088
So is Olymer....

jesus christ read
>>
>>47974071
yeah and he really shouldn't be our only friend in the reach unless you want to rely on qm fiat we should make as many as possible without getting in the pockets of others
>>
>>47974063
>Chances are Quentyn's going to be at steadhold sometime anyway to meet Lorelei.
>>47974007
>y'know for money and shit, alliances etc, who we talked to last time aint gonna cut it

Lads you need to keep up.
>>
>>47974138
>Lads you need to keep up.

you wot m8? you think just because we got him onside over a few hours he's our man?

get fucking real
>>
>>47973969
>>
>>47973718
>Sit on it
>>
>>47973969
>>
>>47974063
>Chances are Quentyn's going to be at steadhold sometime anyway to meet Lorelei.

He was there already? I had an entire OP about him interacting with her.

Also yeah, Olymer is your 'ally' as much as he can be with about three days under your belt.

Anyway, seeing as we're going to have plenty of time with Olymer later with Ser Arlen Hunt and the vote leaned that way anyway, we'll go with no one and I'll come up with some small interactions we can have.
>>
>>47973969
>Lord Quentyn Qorgyle
People will understand we're going to our in-laws first, right?
>>
>>47974362
ignore this - didn't update
>>
>>47974379
Brynden could atleast flirt with a few women just to make sure he hasnt lost it yet.
>>
>>47974813
Flirt maybe sleep with a few

now why the hell didn't we take Giselle as a mistress I'll never know
>>
>>47974841
Obella hasn't found one that she likes yet, I guess.
>>
>>47974841
No sleeping around. Flirting is fine.
>>
>>47974841
>Giselle >mistress
Because she has family with bannermen and swords? maybe...
>>47974860
>No sleeping
boring Brynden always and forever? Where are the willpower rolls when he sees a woman? :)
>>
>>47974916
>Giselle
>banner men
>only if we'd endorsed her brother anon
>>
>>47974916
>Willpower rolls

Who do you think we are Wilhelm of koblenz?

;.;[/spoiler
>>
Endurance, a new morning routine that would explain why you are awake so early had you up at dawn to run the battlements of Steadhold’s walls. A few loops was usually good enough before you went off to the rest of your regimen; weighted chin-ups, pylo push-ups, jump squats, barbell bench presses. Lucas’ recommendations mostly, you had been surprised to learn the Knight had set up a small workout room in the bowels of your castle where he and the rest of the Steadhold Household Knights to keep on point. A morning of that followed by breaking your fast with Mason, who had always eaten particularly well, and then a few hours of training with your new bastard sword in the yard with Arron Qorgyle.

Not quite the doubling down Dontos had suggested but you thought it proper to teach the lad how to fight as you learned how to properly wield the hand and a half sword. It had a surprising grace and balance to it, Master Yarson hadn’t made it overly pretty, enough to denote its own, but its function was impeccable. You had always preferred to fight with a single blade, no shield to enable your rolling about the field like the sellsword you bloody were, a two handed claymore was too unwieldy for you but the bastard sword had felt just right. Thus it came as a surprise as you realized you never had thought to use one before. Arron had begun to pick up your orthodox fighting stance piece by piece, carefully studying you as you practiced on dummies and live opponents alike. He had no one his own age or size anymore to practice with properly so you took to it as well you could to make sure he got the hands on learning he needed at his age. In truth the yard was the only time the young boy ever seemed to smile or get excited. He loved the fighting but would regress to his quite solemn demeanour the moment you returned to the castle.
>>
After that, break for lunch, go over figures with Elionwy, Ashby and Gawen upon occasion. Or sometimes meet with Jonos Stroumen and Lucas Longwaters to discuss the plight at in the Outer Ring. Neither particularly grand conversations to have while enjoying a meal but nonetheless necessary. You would then hold court for a few hours after into the afternoon, an activity your wife had insisted you attend more often with her by your side, before going to the yard again to take care of your personal stable, and ride about on Goldsong to keep your form in check. Break for dinner which was always an affair with the new dornish cook working with the chef you had picked up in King’s Landing that had helped you make the menu for hosting Nararo Aros and knock off for bed after some light work in whatever caught your fancy that night. A good routine, a healthy one, one that kept your mind from idly wandering to thoughts of Isis, to that burning feeling in your heart whenever Royce crossed mind, of missing your son’s presence in Steadhold.

“Lord Malroy?” a young voice interrupts your idle thoughts, the young squire who wore the gold and green livery of House Tyrell, “Ser Olymer Tyrell sent me with a message my Lord.”

“You may speak squire.”

“Ser Olymer requests you attend him in his private box at the onset of the Tourney today my Lord. He will not be competing personally until the day after and would like another day to size up his competition with another born warrior. Also, he extends the invitation for you to break fast with him this morning.”

“Noted squire I will attend Ser Olymer during the Tourney, as promised. However, I will be breaking my fast alone today, send him my apologies.”

The boy nods sharply, “Yes my Lord. Good day.”
>>
He scampers off leaving you alone for a moment yet again, though this time distinctly more aware of the noise and commotion going on around you. Lords and Knights alike were readying themselves to compete, others were beginning the trek up to the castle proper with their wives and children. You notice the House Conklyn banner in the distance along the path towards the castle gates and decide it was about time you got ready for the day yourself.

---

You stretch your chest and arms for a moment after realizing Arron had set out one of your tighter doublets, not so much to be uncomfortable, but just enough to distinctly remind you of the tightness in your chest. Benjin had once lamented his inability to treat the bit of what he guessed was bone that protruded from your chest as you had already been too old to properly bind it, though was able to fix Pastorn’s a mite. You never thought much of it, Benjin had told you horror of boys growing up with a full point, ridiculed as deformed for much of their lives, in comparison yours was harmless at worst. Your father had guessed it was a Hayford thing, as two of your mother’s brothers had developed the deformity in their youth that had persisted into their old age as well.

Goldsong shakes his head as you guide him towards the castle proper, Lucas and Wesley Hayford in tow. They were both chatting about being father’s soon, neither seemingly ready for that burden of responsibility, though your cousin seemed far more excited about it than Lucas had. Perhaps it was the final nail in the bachelor coffin for the latter. Lady Brune had not attended the Tourney, instead opting to stay in Hayford with Wesley’s father who had taken a liking to the young woman, for whatever reason no one particularly knew. But all the same a good thing for the man’s less than stellar mental state of late.
>>
A quick swing off of Goldsong you hand off his reigns to the stablehand and march into the castle’s grand hall alongside the horde of Reachlords and ladies that had attended. Half of the standards you did not even recognize, by a chance the other half outside of the obvious.

Lucas and Wesley flank your seat upon the fourth dial, you could have sat higher today you realize, but instead decided it was best to scope the crowd from here.

“The last time the three of us were together like this no one had a child yet,” Wesley remarks with a small smile, “How the times change. I never even thought to be the future Lord of Hayford let alone representing her in Highgarden of all places.”

“A well deserved turn of fortune,” Lucas says eyes wandering after a server girl for a moment before snapping back in place remembering his wife was likely in the hall as well.

“Though not without its tragedy,” Wesley remarks softly so only you can hear, a thought that receives a slight nod from you. The two Knights begin to talk of various things again, Wesley explaining to Lucas how he was expanding Hayford’s grain production again, a very dry topic for the obviously bored Longwaters.
>>
Remaining quiet you instead watch the crowds, the small groups that come together of Lords and Ladies that knew one another in some small way or another. Olymer had recommended you mingle about the crowd here and there, being very excited when you mentioned your relations with Lord Mathis Rowan saying it was a very good start for your name to get back out there in the Reach. So far as he was concerned, trade, even a single one off ordeal was as good an ice breaker as any, though it would be more proper to consider it an exchanging of gifts. Otherwise it was suggested simply chatting them up, making friends in the lowest of places never truly hurt, as did recruiting others to your cause. Dontos had mentioned before you left in his last letter to remember you still could recruit another twenty odd Knights and a Tourney was an excellent place to do so. Noting three possible groups to interject yourself into you decide to speak with…

>The three Ladies close by, one is obviously of House Vyrwel, another is of House Pommingham and the last of House Dunn
>A collection of Hightower bannermen, Knights most like, Beesbury and Costayne primarily among them
>Who you assume is Lord Paxter Redwyne with the black ship Lord and two more bannermen you are not sure the names of
>>
>>47975198
>>Who you assume is Lord Paxter Redwyne with the black ship Lord and two more bannermen you are not sure the names of
>>
>>47975198
>>Who you assume is Lord Paxter Redwyne with the black ship Lord and two more bannermen you are not sure the names of
>>
>>47975198
>Who you assume is Lord Paxter Redwyne with the black ship Lord and two more bannermen you are not sure the names of
>>
>>47975198

Time to meet the golden child.
>>
>>47973444

Glad to hear you're doing better!

(I'm reading two threads at once, so I'm a bit late with the congratulations.)
>>
>>47975198
>The three Ladies close by, one is obviously of House Vyrwel, another is of House Pommingham and the last of House Dunn

Give me the Malroy ;^)

Also for the love of god mention the caravansi in future trade deals, it will need as much traffick as it can get
>>
>>47975198
>>The three Ladies close by[...]
Malroy charms!
>>

Avoid the Hightowers due to Mason, and avoid the ladies too, no need for a will check.
>>
>>47975198

Karban!

(I say just control him and use him how you'd like, Father. If Princely doesn't like us using a character he hasn't touched in almost four years, he can come tell us himself.)
>>
>>47975590

Princely can't write stories from beyond the grave anon.
>>
File: Ray-Ray-and-his-Lay-Lay.jpg (111 KB, 736x1177) Image search: [Google]
Ray-Ray-and-his-Lay-Lay.jpg
111 KB, 736x1177
>>47975424
>avoid the ladies too, no need for a will check
What are we supposed to do with these wild oats if we're not going to sow them?
>>
>>47976160
We are. IN Obella.
>>
>>47976197
Yeah, but she has employed farming restrictions on her fields.
>>
“Brynden I do believe the giggling gaggle of young women to our right is looking our way,” Lucas whispers into your ear giving you a moment to half choke on your drink through laughter.

“Married. Men,” Wesley responds flatly without glancing either of your ways and instead eyes remaining pressed forward, “And your wife is well aware of you Ser Lucas.”

Lucas looks across the dial and is greeted by the glowering look of Lady Racheal Conklyn, her arms crossed over her chest, foot tapping upon the stone floor in possibly the most annoyed matter you had ever seen. Wesley and you break into laughter, and Lucas groans, flopping back into his chair and brushing his hair back from his face.

“Off with you then,” Wesley says, “Before you lose a wife.”

Lucas pushes himself up and the two of your watch as he attempts his absolute best to maintain his confidence in his stride across the dial and subsequent attempts to butter up his wife once reaching him.

“Wesley would you join me for a walk up a few dials?” you ask suddenly and he casts his eyes upwards alongside you.

“For what purpose?”

“I believe I see Lord Paxter Redwyne speaking to his sworn Lords and Knights,” you say watching the slightly older than you men speak excitedly, “And don’t you wish to get to know your competition? I believe three of those men will be competing today alongside you.”

“Lord Redwyne is a bit out of our depth isn’t he?” Wesley asks nervously, “Olymer Tyrell seemed to imply as much.”

“Well I’m not after his sponsorship,” you respond, “A quick chat with another man that produces the finest gold in the land wouldn’t do us any harm.”

You push off your seat, and pull Wesley up who has suddenly lost any sense of bravado he had before. The three young women who had been indeed watching your table go to intercept the two of you, giving you pause for a moment to make courtesies at the very least.
>>
File: Young_rhaenyra_targaryen.jpg (47 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
Young_rhaenyra_targaryen.jpg
47 KB, 300x375
>>47976197
A crop is not wild if planted in a pasture.
>>
>>47976160
>>47976221
All I know about dynasties I have from CK2... can we "review" ladies for the spy network?
>>
>>47976160

It's like you want a Blackfyre rebellion of our very own.
>>
“Lord Malroy?” the Vyrwel lady asks as she stops dead in your path.

Grimacing slightly you put on a proper face, “Yes, Brynden Malroy, my Lady..?”

“Liviana Vyrwel.”

“A pleasure then my Lady, but you will excus-”

“Oh I do not mean to be a bother my Lord,” she says sweetly, her voice laced with honey but with a faux meek undertone that told you of obvious flirtation, “My father had spoken highly of you once. I only wished to meet you, and request you save a dance for me tonight at the feast?”

Her tone and body language gives you pause, her red hair is a mess of curls and tangle but falls gently above her ample bosom that she is clearly pressing forward with her fingers in knots behind her back. Her two friends giggle behind her and the obviousness of it all almost makes you roll your eyes and deny her but you keep yourself composed, “A dance my Lady? Perhaps one, though I make no promises. A good day Lady Vyrwel, do enjoy yourself at the Tourney.”

You hardly give her time to speak before dancing around her, Wesley following wordlessly behind you his face blistering red from holding down his laughter, “Everywhere you bloody go Brynden. Every-fucking-where innit?”

“Not a word Wes,” you respond taking the steps up the dials by twos until you reach the second where Lord Paxter stands with his Knights. Crossing the dial to the far side you catch the very end of their conversation.

“...the best of luck Ser Wilhelm Merrywind and Ser Palmer Portain. You will do the Order of Vines I am proud I am sure. Dustain we can continue this conversation another time, I am well aware you are capable of fielding your own fleet, Seven knows you’ve the coin for it, but this is not the time for such a hasty decisions. Perhaps in our youth when the bannermen were my own. But not against the ironborn.”
>>
You can read the look of unhappiness on the black ship Lord's face at the decision as he walks off the other two knights, likely his own, behind him. Paxter meanwhile looks perturbed but is no less inviting when his eye catches upon you and he approaches, “Lord Malroy I presume?”

“You presume correctly Lord Paxter Redwyne. Brynden Malroy, and my cousin the future Lord of Hayford, Ser Wesley. A great pleasure it is to meet and be recognized by you.”

He scoffs, waving his hand though with a slightly perplexed look upon his face, “If I retained anything from the Maesters it has been heraldry, certainly hard to forget a Valyrian House as it is. Tell me though, I was told there was a brother before you? You’ll forgive me for asking.”

A pang of pain hits your heart, of course not everyone was aware that Donold had died, or that your line was close to dying before your return, particularly so far south as The Arbor, you respond with a delicate tone, “An elder brother yes. Donold Malroy, he unfortunately died upon the Trident two years ago. I was the second son, as you suspected.”

Paxter looks to you with a sudden guilt, “My apologies for your loss Lord Malroy. I should not have asked, my father once told me my lips were before my mind. Suppose age has done little to solve that. Upon another note my Lord, would you do me the honor of a chat? I had need of your House’s services. Please, feel free to sit with me, your cousin as well.”

“Of course Lord Redwyne, you honor me,” you say sitting across from the Lord of The Arbor and his wife Mina Tyrell, “Services though my Lord?”
>>
File: UKIP_logo.png (59 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
UKIP_logo.png
59 KB, 325x325
>>47976267
I'm just voting for Obexit, leave me alone.
>>
“Matters of horse. We have those who breed upon the Arbor, but none so fine and beautiful as your own. A bannerman’s, close friend in truth, nameday approaches. Lord Karban the man I was speaking with before you in fact, I had thought to purchase him a gift here and your golden horses would be as fine a gift as possible for a man with enough coin to buy the Arbor if whim desired it,” Paxter says with a laugh.

“You are in luck then Lord Paxter,” you respond with a smile, “I have brought along some of my family’s pride and joy. Even those among the highest of quality of my herd. Gold never looked so fine.”

Scoffing again, Paxter says, “You have not seen a glass of Arbor gold then Lord Malroy. Let us say this, two flagons of Arbor gold, my personal vintage, in exchange for one of your finest coursers. I would require two of course, and you will receive four flagons. A deal Lord Malroy?

Gold for gold, not a particularly bad deal, you think rubbing your thumb and middle finger together in idle thought. Though perhaps you could get more?

Accept Lord Paxter Redwyne’s deal?
>Yay
>Neigh
>>
>>47975149
Hey dad, does Brynden have chest orthosis? Cause I have that and description sounds vaguely familiar.
>>
>>47976316
>Yay

I am rock hard with excitement to see what became of Karban. I know it's probably not cool to blow off your quest when you've surpassed the original QM's so much but it's been so long that we've waited for this.
>>
>>47976316
So he's only offering 4 bottles of wine for two of our very best? Arbor Gold is expensive but that doesn't seem enough.
>>
>>47976316
>Yay
>>
>>47976316
>>Yay
Another lord will ride one of our horses, free ad.
>>47976393
Haggle a bit!
>>
>>47976316
>Yay
>>
>>47976316
>Neigh
Why two "Of course"?
>>
>>47976271
>Liviana Vyrwel >red hair >ample bosom
A noble Talia (King's Landing lady Brynden enjoyed bedding)?
>>
>>47976316
>>Yay
We're out of our depth, and this man is not our peer. But it might not hurt to take this deal anyway.
>>
>>47976316
>>Yay

I'm thinking we could save the Arbour Gold as a gift when we next need to woo someone to our side. Plus we can give a flagon for Longwaters when we visit. And Obella will like it when we return.

We get her super-drunk and pregnant again, and have a dimwit son.
>>
File: summer-2012-santiago-040.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
summer-2012-santiago-040.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>47976316
>Yay

>>47976393
Four cask of wine.
>>
>>47976271
>red hair

Oh shit this is the one we can sleep with
>>
>>47976393
>two flagons

No he's offering the biggest thing he's got. With House Redwyne's seal upon it. It would hands down be the most expensive wine in Steadhold should we accept.

>>47976366
Wow someone actually got that finally. I suppose I've always been pretty vague why Brynden's clothes were a bit tight in the chest, but yeah that's what it is, very mild though not enough to look like a super obvious deformity. Brynden has just always lived with it. My brother had it and wore a brace for years, I don't know why I just thought it was something not overly debilitating to add to Brynden as a person.
>>
File: that feel when jewing.jpg (360 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
that feel when jewing.jpg
360 KB, 1162x850
>>47976271
>, Seven knows you’ve the coin for it
>>
>>47976503
>I would require two of course, and you will receive four flagons.
I wasn't sure what you meant exactly. >>47976481 So something like that yeah? I've only heard of flagon as something you drink from not the cask it iis held in.

>>47976482
NO SLEEPING AROUND.
>>
>>47976566
Fuck off Dontos you cock blocked us from Giselle why can't we have some fun while on holiday?
>>
>>47976369
Don't get too excited, I'm mostly dancing around it. I'll still never give a name to his wife. But Karban having a son, making lodes of money, and the ironborn thing are all things I felt were worth mentioning.

>>47976566
Ah yes, I suppose my words were wrong for that. A cask is what you'd be getting like that picture, a flagon is smaller. I always thought it was the other way around, shows how much I know.

Anyway, solid yay there. Writing then.
>>
Didn't Varys buy a child for a flagon of Arbor Gold at one point? The one he swapped the kids with supposedly? Seems fair I suppose though it's hard to know the value of medieval items when there's no exact coin value given.
>>
>>47976653
>I'll still never give a name to his wife.

I say do it.

Princely shouldn't be pissed since it's been nearly four years since he's written anything.

Karban's yours, now.
>>
>>47976697
Princely worked in politics, began Game of Thrones Quest in June of 2012, and vanished right as the 2012 presidential election was heating up.
What if Princely is actually Obama.
>>
>>47976829

That'd be cool, but he's not writing anymore.

So fuck Obama. If he's Princely, that is.
>>
>>47976829
Stop calling Princely a nigger!!
>>
Forgot to mention, you’re essentially getting 1 Wealth for this. That’s a very even and fair trade. Considering it’s two of your rare-bloodline coursers.

“A deal Lord Paxter,” you say reaching across the table to shake his hand. You were too prideful to admit it but you were just as out of your depth with the Lord of the Arbor as Wesley was, certainly not an unfair trade that he just sprung on you. The thought occurs as you lean back again that your horses were a present, to a Lord apparently with aplenty, it was an odd thing to imagine your horses going so far across Westeros, suppose your ancestors would be proud.

You spend a brief moment longer with Lord Redwyne speaking of small things, his concerns were certainly above your own, mostly concerning the Reach on the whole and the Redwyne fleet, comparably you felt small potatoes, and had little offer the conversation feeling he had been fishing for potential trade though your House produced little in the way of material goods, grain or quality wood that he would find a use for. The Princewood had timber, but it was just that, unprocessed wood that was not of such a quality it was worth shipping that far, and you had fields of grain and produce, but it would spoil on such a trip and the Arbor’s production outstripped yours by miles. The Longwaters provided iron and you had a smith to produce weapons, but not on the scale of the Westerlands or Vale. You were a horse Lord, first and foremost, your castle was large, you army formidable and you had a lot of horses. Seven above you were a damn Malroy afterall, your father would be proud.

Lord Paxter steers the topic to the Tourney after finding little to grasp otherwise, “A Knight I believe belongs to you defeated a member of the Order of Vines yesterday Lord Malroy, the one with the blue shield I believe.”

“Ser Wat Waters more than likely,” you respond with a laugh at the name, “Who did he defeat?”
>>
>>47976653
Oh Padre, glad you are back and feeling well!
>>
“Ser Cletus Cargill, he is a young member, but Seven help him, the shame will be too much to bear knowing he lost to a bastard of the Crownlands.”

You strike upon an idea, having heard the Orders name so often, from your wedding to the multiple times in Highgarden and now at least two separate occasions by Lord Paxter, “Lord Paxter, are you member of the Order yourself?”

He puffs himself up at the mention, “All Knights of quality are Lord Malroy. A member may sponsor another’s membership, if he proves to be of our standard, then he is invited to the prestigious Order. In fact one among our number unhorsed the King himself some years ago, truly our greatest moment.”

“And yet another is unhorsed upon the second day of the Joust by a Crownlander, how the mighty have fallen some might say.”

Paxter gives you a queer look, “Pfft, a chance encounter, never to occur again I assure you Lord Malroy. The Orders finer members will be competing today.”

“Is that so? As it happens the members of my Household Knights will be competing today as well, certainly fine Knights in their own rights.”

You wait to see if he’ll take the bait, his face screws up as you allow a smile to dance upon your lips, and he speaks, “Care to make it interesting then Lord Malroy?”

Got him, you lean forward, playing with the silver rings upon your pinky, “What sort of former sellsword would I be if I said no? What’s your wager?”

Paxter taps his chin, “A cask of strongwine from of my Lord grandfather Runceford Redwyne’s private stocks. No greater a vintage exists upon the Westerosi market, in fact none such have seen light of day in at least a decade. In exchange... One of your golden coursers, ungelded, the pedigree detailing the last hundred years of descent, for my horsemaster’s and House’s personal use. Whomever’s Knights are the winningest at the end of the day is the victor. A deal?”

A deal?
>Yay
>Neigh
>>
>>47977332
Quite the high wager there
>>
>>47977332
>>Neigh
We can never let an ungelded gold horse free.
>>
>>47977332
>>Neigh
The wine will be gone some day, but that fucking horse can make a hundred children.
>>
>>47977332
>Yay
We did choose to come to the big boy table no backing down now. Have some faith in our Knights
>>
>>47977458
Our horse pedigree is all we have anon, we lose that and we're just some dude with non-rare horses
>>
>>47977332
>Neigh
>>
>>47977332
>>Yay

BUT this would just be a random rare bloodline horse right? The 100 years of bloodline records wouldn't be specific to say Goldsong?
>>
>>47977332
How little faith he has in his own knights that he feels such lopsided odds are required to make the wager fair
>>
>>47977332
>Neigh

Not worth it.

>>47977512

Probably is Goldsong.
>>
>>47977332
That doesn't seem like a fair wager. Instead make it gold for gold.
The means to produce golden coursers in exchange for the means to produce Arbor gold.
>>
>>47977332
>Neigh

Not a fair deal. A fairer comparison would be that we would get a field to harvest the grapes for the wine rather than just a few caskets
>>
Tits, he is testing us. If we agree it would be like him giving his wine seeds and plants away! Can't do that!
>>
>>47977512
Yeah it would just be a random horse from back home. Goldsong might be the father is the only connection he'd have to it.

>>47977571
>>47977616
It's fair in the sense of the value of the two items, you could easily sell either of those items for the same exact price, not to mention the prestige that comes with saying you own such an item. It's both a Wealth and Influence thing. Also to be fair, in the Arbor's world that's the sort of value that is associated with their wine especially rare vintages, another Lord might bet far more with far less of a chance.

As for personal value, I suppose that's subjective.

>>47977488
To be fair it would be diluted after a couple of generations, only with a Malroy female horse could they get the proper results. Not to mention only Malroys have the special connection with the blood.
>>
Either way, I'm kind of surprised, but looks like a nope on that one. No big wagers for Brynden. Bunch of pussies.

I'll get to writing then.
>>
Yay
>>
>>47977753
>Name calling
You just wanted us to make rash decisions
>>
>>47977954
Don't worry. We will do that with lady busty redhead
>>
>>47977954
Rash Brynden was best Brynden. Look you got an extra kid and a bar fight out of it.

No I actually just wanted to give the background text for the Tourney some reason to be there other than the fact I like to write it.
>>
>>47978029
Old we do a scaled down bet? Maybe something less prestigious?
>>
>>47978029
Ok I'll change my bet to yay.
I totally wanted to bet on the tourney anyway it's just that that's too high stakes for us to bet an ungelded pedigree horse.
>>
>>47978083
Still 3 to 4 for neigh
>>
>>47978046
>>47978083

Nah it doesn't matter now. I can come up with another wager down the line when your real best guys are out there. It was a bit unfair in terms of long term value of either item, but when you're the Lord of the Arbor compared to a Crownlands House just barely back in the game, you can do that sort of stuff and get away with it.

I'm not mad about it, just playing with you guys and curious to see which way it actually went.
>>
>>47978171
Make it a bet, if we win they have to induct Wat Waters into the Order of the Vine
>>
Betting our horses, ungelded, is bad idea.

Betting a new bloodline we are fostering (the dothraki horses) might pique his interest.
>>
>>47978534
oh yeah do this
They don't have the breeding skill to make anything of it but it's still exotic enough for him
>>
>>47978637
>>47978534
A untested unfinished breed is not worth much
>>
>>47978709
So your saying a new breed that a renown horse breeder family is working on is not worth much?

The primary attraction here is having access to the starting materials, making developing your own horse breeding much much easier. If the horses are good enough for a renown horse lord to use, they are good stock. As such they still hold much potential value, without handing over our houses most prized bloodlines.

Throw in giving the heritage records of our new breed for a few generations and you've basically offered a solid starting point for the reach lord to breed in his own right.
>>
>>47978855
It really isn't worth much mate, that's just not how horse-breeding works.
>>
>>47978911
Oh i know its not worth much at present, the idea is to tantalize with speculation, for a moderate wager.
>>
You raise your hands in defeat, “Ungelded? Sorry Lord Paxter, I could not give away my family’s pride upon a bet. No deal.”

Paxter half smiles, feeling he has one the pissmatching of quality of Knights, but otherwise puts on a face of dejection, “A pity Lord Malroy. Perhaps you are less of a sellsword than you claim to once be.”

“Even a sellsword knows the value of coin Lord Redwyne.”

Paxter laughs, “So it would seem. Well Lord Malroy, it has been a pleasure making your acquaintance. Best of luck to your Knights. And I will have my servants come to deliver the casks and collect my horses by the end of the night.”

Taking the rather obvious cue that it was time for you to leave, you nod your head, “I will be sure to have my best ready. And likewise, it was a pleasure, now I must beg leave. Good day Lord Paxter Redwyne.”

Paxter tilts his cup to you as you stand to leave quick to find your way across the dial and done the stairs with Wesley behind you.

“I’m kind of surprised you didn’t go for it Brynden,” he says to you.

“Not every deal is as fair as the one presenting it presents it,” you remark knowing full well Paxter could do far more with a single ungelded horse than you could with a cask of fine wine, “Besides, Gawen would have lost his bloody mind if I had lost.”

Wesley shrugs, and follows after again in silence as you descend towards your table. Lucas is back playing with his meal of thickcut bacon, eggs, and asparagus though his face lights up once you take your seat across from him again and take a heavy swallow of mead, “I saw them stop you, what’d they want?” he asks hastily under his breath.

You return to him a flat look, “A dance.”

“A… Dance? Wesley?”

“That’s all the more she asked for. Though… If she was leaning any further over she would have been on top of him.”

Lucas laughs as you roll your eyes and wave it off.
>>
>>47978925
You want him to bet his family's prized poession for an idea and speculation that can take generations to be anywhere near to finished ?
>>
“Lady Obella is dornish,” he says with an exaggerated shrug, “I’m sure she wouldn’t find a quick toss on the road.”

Again you fix Lucas with a flat look, ending the conversation with an, ‘Alright, alright,’ and him digging into his meal again and you shortly after. Wesley looks between the both of you not entirely sure of what had occurred, but eats his fill as well. In truth there was a part of you that still remembered the sellsword, he wouldn’t have said no or danced around the question. Any opportunity, even one so obviously presented was enough for him. The Lord though was not as sure, Obella had been very honest and open with you regarding the subject, she hadn’t slept with anyone since you in King’s Landing nearly a year ago, it felt only proper to give her equal respect, despite her being dornish and never particularly laying down a rule on it. Marriage was such an odd thing you reflect and dismiss the subject with a thought.

Out of the corner of your eye you see Olymer’s squire waiting for you, bouncing on his heels off to the side and fiddling with his hands. You wave him over and are told that Olymer sent him to retrieve you before the Tourney began giving you a few minutes to finish your meal, a second cup of mead and bid Wesley and Lucas goodbye until you broke for lunch later. The squire, whose name you’ve surprisingly never been given, leads you through Highgarden’s castle, again reminding you of the vast wealth you would never even come close to being able to fathom the breadth of. In particular you’re lead through a hall of portraits of the Tyrell Lords over the past three decades, a part of you feeling that Olymer had asked him to do so on purpose, a reminder of the stock he hailed from, what Lorelei could be married to.
>>
Emerging a moment later you looks upon the field once more, a grand thing, outstripping your own to be certain in vastness and beauty. The thorn and golden rose motif was everywhere, banners of brilliant green that you could have sworn was myrish made yet another reminder.

Casting your eyes across the field you see Olymer Tyrell waiting for you outside of the stairs to his box, a quick count showing you it was relatively close to Lord Mace Tyrell’s own. Standing next to him is a tall well built yet slim of build, cleanshaven, older man in brown and white livery, your Ser Arlen Hunt more than likely. Olymer waves the two of you over and introductions on swift, “Lord Brynden Malroy, may I introduce Ser Arlen Hunt of Huntsman Hall, and a dear friend of mine.”

“A pleasure Ser Arlen,” you say extending a hand that he takes with a grip far beyond what you had expected from a man his age, giving him a quick once over you see he has the obvious tells of a long time bowman, a man after your own heart.

“It is all mine Lord Malroy. Not often you get invited to meet such an accomplished man as yourself. Hardly could turn down such a gracious offer.”

Olymer leads the three of you up to his box and you take your seats, Olymer in the middle with yourself and Arlen flanking him on either side, the Tourney had yet to start so you turn to Arlen and ask, “Accomplished? Pray what has Olymer told you?”

Arlen laughs, a hearty heavy laugh, “Small things I assure, not boastful. You took the gold in the Archery contest in King’s Landing with a little double curved bow like the dornish use primarily among them, an act that propelled your House yet again into the thick of it all. I must say I am glad to be of the Reach in that case, the politics of the Crownlands are far too much for me. Do you intend to compete here Lord Malroy?”

“Most certainly,” you say with a happy nod, “Could hardly lay claim to the title of Master Bowman otherwise.”
>>
>>47978966
No, but he might bet something less valuble.
>>
Arlen laughs again, “You’d do wise not to lay claim to that title at all until you’ve bested the Reachmen Lord Malroy. We’re a formidable bunch, I hope to see you in the lists against myself and show you what a real bow is.”

Yep, sure was a longbowman, if the physical tells weren’t enough, the overt pride in his weapon of choice when compared to your own certainly was, you smile pleasantly and turn to watch the herald call to order the crowd and announce the day’s first tilt. A knight of House Westbrook against one of House Middlebury, names you were only cursorily aware of. It was a surprisingly hard fought joust, each man breaking four lances before Ser Westbrook finally came crashing down much to the crowd’s delight. Olymer claps politely, assuming the serious face you had come to know Mason for. They could be twins within the right light you ponder.
>>
Olymer’s squire had filled you in on various topics to broach with Ser Arlen to get into his good graces, Ser Arlen was a fiercely loyal bannerman of House Tarly, with two sons, Ser Artys and Armen and a daughter in between, Alya. He loved his children dearly and often mourned for their mother who had died some years prior from a wasting sickness. Ser Artys served in Lord Randyll’s household, having squired under the Lord in his youth, and Lady Alya was one of his wife’s Ladies in waiting. Talking of the man’s family and then broaching your own troubles was one way to see yourself before Lord Tarly. Another was speaking of war, the Invasion of Princewood would do well for the old Knight who loved to discuss tactics and tell stories of his own battles, like the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Knowing that you were doling out justice in the forest would appeal to the man’s own sense of right and likely rub off on Lord Tarly. Lastly, there was discussing the possibility of fostering his son, Armen, House Hunt was not rich, not by any means. They traded primarily in game and timber, a small Knightly House of many years but not much else. They had never married outside of the Reach, nor had much opportunity to do so, giving the young Armen a place in your Household would be enough for him get a name out there, to raise the Hunt’s stock, even if only a little. You could manage a second squire you supposed, and it might do Arron some good as well.

What to speak to Ser Arlen Hunt about?
>His family, appealing to his sense of family and how important it is to protect them and do all you can for them
>Of battle, appealing to his sense of justice and self worth
>His youngest son, a fostering would do wonders for House Hunt, he would be very appreciative and willing to help
>>
>>47979058
>His youngest son, a fostering would do wonders for House Hunt, he would be very appreciative and willing to help

That way we both get something.
>>
>>47979058
>>His youngest son, a fostering would do wonders for House Hunt, he would be very appreciative and willing to help
>>
>>47979058
>>
>>47979058
>>His youngest son, a fostering would do wonders for House Hunt, he would be very appreciative and willing to help
>>
>>47979058
>>His family, appealing to his sense of family and how important it is to protect them and do all you can for them
>>
>>47979058
>His family, appealing to his sense of family and how important it is to protect them and do all you can for them

combined with . . .

>>
>>47979058
>>
>>47979058
>>Of battle, appealing to his sense of justice and self worth

This. If he's going to put us forward to Tarly he's going to want to ensue Tarly will like us, it would reflect badly on him otherwise.
>>
>>47979072
>>47979105
>>47979112
>>47979120

Obviously the vote is going this way, my worry is this might be seen as trying to buy him, our super-loyal guys couldn't be influenced like this, so why would Tarly's super-loyal guy....
>>
>>47979271
It's not like we're overtly saying
>Ey man set me up with your boss and I'll take your kid
>>
>>47979271
It depends on how malroy goes about it.
A combo about his family and his son would probably work. Its still a beneficial offer, and we can use the fact we are fighting for justice show our moral character, which ties in the third option nicely.
>>
>>47979058
>Of battle, appealing to his sense of justice and self worth.
>>
>>47979271
It not a bribe though it's a gesture of good will, and all we are really asking is a chance to talk to his liege Lord.
>>
>>47979271
>>47979320

As the vote made sense I decided to combo the first and third option. Cause it seems a reasonable transition.
>>
The second tilt begins as you continue speaking with Arlen and Olymer, the latter was again talking you and your prowess up, as if he had bore witness to the event itself in King’s Landing and had been as close a friend then as he pretended to be now. To some extent it was a story you’d expect a few to know at least, going up against a Summer Islander, renowned bowman as they were and winning in sudden death overtime was an impressive tale to be certain, no doubt a Tyrell or two had heard it before. The glory it had won you was no less impressive even a year later, finally giving you a chance to fight back at Royce and not watch your House fall into disrepair. Off handedly Olymer mentions House Redward, trying a line at a name and nothing else leaving the rest of that to you.

During the conversation you missed a few jousts, though the next up was a tilt between Ser Jon Pryor and Ser Ormund Crane, a Knight you had not heard of but Arlen insisted was quite good. A fact that mattered little to your own Knight who goes on to unhorse him in a single pass, receiving a standing ovation from you a fact that does not go unnoticed by the Valeman who indicates towards your box with a pointed lance. Dontos did speak true of the value of a Knight, in both war and peace, their power and influence in the name of your House only did good, even if they could not claim victory. Among the lists you had also seen a handful of your horses already, of course under your own men but those that wore the colors of House Rowan as well, a fact that made you beam to see the Knights had taken so well to the new steeds so quickly. Gawen would be happy beyond words to see his hard work amongst the upper echelon of the Reach once more.

“Olymer how fare your sons?” Arlen asks in between tilts.

“Raymund is walking, well more like running now, my dear wife can hardly keep up with him. Rickard is still a babe yet, but healthy. How fare your own Ser Arlen?”
>>
“Very well. I could not be more proud of Artys. His fifteenth nameday was only a fortnight ago yet he earned his spurs a few days pass at Lord Tarly’s squire melee. Truly the Seven have blessed me so. My daughter is blossoming into a beauty as her mother. My youngest is ready to squire and he is so excited yet…”

“And yet?”

“I have no place to send him. It would be too much to ask Lord Randyll such a boon again. The Knights of my Household would suffice but I know Armen would be jealous of his older brother.”

Olymer nods his head understanding, giving you a sidelong look as Arlen sighs and looks to the field again, “Lord Malroy, I understand you have had a daughter recently yes?” Olymer asks you to reignite the conversation.

“Yes, Lorelei, out first born. As beautiful as morning’s first light. I couldn’t be happier of a father in truth. She inherits a burden yet I feel in my heart of hearts she will be ready for it.”

“A burden Lord Malroy?” Arlen asks turning his attention aware from the pass.

“The burden of continuing on a family of which little remains. I am sure you lost in the Rebellion Ser Arlen?” you ask in turn.

“A brother my Lord. Died for Lord Tarly in Ashford, he was my younger and only. His child, Alyn is all I have left of him now.”

“I feel your pain Ser Arlen, my brothers Donold and Pastorn were lost to me. As were my father and mother. It was a trying time returning to find nothing but ruin, a sister is all I have left of them.”

“A sister? I am certain you would keep such a jewel as close as possible now am I not right?”

“If I could, I would Ser Arlen,” you say, a tone of your voice not entirely fake, truly you would if you could have Isis by your side, “She was… Married to a man, Royce Redward, a former vassal of my House. A man willing to betray my family, his liegelords, in exchange for that which he coveted most. Power, wealth, my sister.”
>>
Arlen looks to you unpulsed, “I would have killed the man myself by now.”

“Truly the Crownlands are not meant for you Ser Arlen,” you say in jest, receiving a nod of agreement, “Embroiled in political red tape as I am I can only do so much to keep her from harm’s way until justice is done and my sister returned to the family she belongs with.”

“Then why do you come to Highgarden if so much work is to be done Lord Malroy?” he asks.

“There are others, who help Royce Redward, the Langwards, the Blounts, they are here. And with me the means to remove them from the equation as it were.”

Arlen leans towards you, “I’m afraid I do not understand Lord Malroy.”

“He intends to take Lord Langward to court, Arlen,” Olymer interjects, “A matter of some privacy I am sure you understand but the evidence is there. Lord Malroy has a case.”

“A Crownlands case,” Arlen remarks, “Take it before the King I’d say or just bury the man on the field.”

“In this case I’d rather avoid undue death and destruction,” you say.

“And the case became a matter of the Reach the moment Lord Langward sought to flee here,” Olymer says, “It may not have been his intention, not knowing Lord Malroy would come after, but he sought haven away from his native lands. If that is not enough for a trial I do not know what is.”

“It wouldn’t be,” Arlen says pinching the bridge of his nose, “There is precedent. No Houses of the Reach are involved. None with an ounce of weight at least. He would need be sponsored by one of the bigger Houses.”

“Well what of Lord Randyll Tarly then? You are his bannerman no? And the man has just as much a sense of right and justice as you Ser Arlen, and certainly none less than Lord Brynden here,” Olymer continues, “You heard Lord Malroy’s story Ser Arlen, you know his cause is just, would you not do the same if it meant another chance to see your brother again?”
>>
“I… I would suppose,” Arlen says frowning deeply, “I couldn’t though. I am his bannerman yes, but I would be asking of him so much for a House I hardly know.”

“I do not ask you to speak for me Ser Arlen,” you say, “I will speak for myself I only wish for an audience with Lord Tarly. If he declines, it is no fault of your own, it is my own blame. I only ask of you to gain me one.”

Arlen pauses, eyes upon the field rather than upon either of you.

“Arlen would Armen like to see the Crownlands?” Olymer asks.

He nods slightly, looking between the both of you for half a moment before turning back.

“I do not speak for Lord Malroy, though I do speak for myself. Lord Malroy was so gracious as to invite me to visit Steadhold in the future, Armen could accompany me there.”

“Only to be let down when he returned home.”

“Perhaps not,” you say seeing where Olymer was leading, “Allow him time to see my Household, meet the people of Steadhold. Perhaps he would be a good fit, a squire to a fellow bowman?”

“And a proper Lord. All for an audience Arlen, that is all we ask,” Olymer finishes.

Arlen again is silent, his eyes glassy as he watches the tilt play out.

>Roll 5d6+2 for Convince.
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 3, 1, 3 + 2 = 18 (5d6 + 2)

>>47980325
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 6, 1, 6 + 2 = 20 (5d6 + 2)

>>47980325
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 1, 5, 1 + 2 = 16 (5d6 + 2)

>>47980325
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 4, 6, 2 + 2 = 24 (5d6 + 2)

>>47980325
>>
>>47980338
>>47980345
>>47980357

A good range of rolls.
>>
dad ded, panic.
>>
>>47980927
>23
Nah dad can only be killed by head liquid, and he already removed all that shit.
>>
Success, one degree.

“I am not a man that can be bought Lord Malroy. My loyalty is to Lord Randyll Tarly and no other,” Arlen says after a moment, watching a man skin the cat and remain on his horse after a pass, “My children mean the world to me. I would do me little good to ever see any of them disappointed I could not provide.”

“I understand Ser Arlen,” you respond, “It was too much for me to ask, I apolog-”

“My son is a good lad Lord Malroy, dutiful, loyal, quick to learn. There is hardly a doubt in my mind you would find him lacking and that he would not make for an excellent squire in your Household. Do not disappoint my son Lord Malroy. Tomorrow, Lord Tarly is holding a feast for his bannermen and their guests. I can gain you audience if only for a short while, I will be sure to relate to him to direness of your plight before hand. Though everything else I would leave to you.”

“Thank you Arlen,” Olymer says sighing with relief, “I will come to Huntsman Hall when I and Lysa intend to travel to Steadhold to collect him.”

“If he does not find place in Steadhold Olymer, he had best in Highgarden,” Arlen responds his look serious, “For his mother at the very least.”

“I… Yes Arlen, I can see that it is done. For Olivia.”

“Good,” Arlen says with a stiff nod, “Lord Malroy, Ser Olymer, I must beg leave for a moment. I will rejoin you for the afternoon tilts, but I have things in need of tending to.”

“Of course Arlen, you know you are welcomed whenever,” Olymer says and you offer a quick nod of approval before eyes turn to the field again. Once Arlen is out of earshot however Olymer is quick to deflate, immediately calling for wine, “Seven be fucking good I thought he was going to say no.Seven be bloody fucking good. You’d best foster the boy Lord Brynden, I haven’t the funds to take another.”

“I had planned to Olymer,” you say giving him a queer look, “Wine so early?”
>>
“Helps to calm my nerves,” he says chugging half of his cup before speaking again, “I’m a bloody wreck without it. Couldn’t you tell?”

Raising an eyebrow you give him a perplexed look, “Um… No I couldn’t Olymer. You sounded just like Mason infact. It was good, you took the lead and guided us towards a good topic of common ground and made a deal that benefited us all. You did that Olymer, I was merely here to affirm.”

Olymer sighs deeply, staring into his cup, “Lysa says the same things. I… I just can’t. I don’t have Mas’ unwavering confidence, he got that from our father. I always… I always felt like a disappointment in comparison. Drink helped. And it still helps. I cannot change that about myself Lord Malroy.”

“I would hardly assume to try to Olymer. You do as you must, just do not show up red faced and falling over yourself tomorrow when we speak with Lord Tarly.”

“Seven be fucking good.”

---

The day’s tilts were still underway as you break for lunch, returning to the pavilion where a handful of your Knights were alongside Benjin, Solhas, and Barq Zos and of course the servants. Lucas and Pryor were nowhere to be seen, which was unsurprising as they had both rode successfully and would be again later in the day. A lunch of lamprey pie was being served as you arrived, albeit late, and took your place among the men. They were all in good spirits, even those that hadn’t won their bouts, but overall a happy group of Knights, of brothers in arms. The Princewood and time spent in Steadhold had done wonders to form a common bond amongst them all, one that seemed to carry the pride of your House on its shoulders. Suppose if you couldn’t ride in a joust worth a damn you had might as well have twenty good men who could.

Benjin across from you riffles through his sleeves and produces a small scroll, handing it to you, “From Steadhold my Lord. Your Lady wife and Ser Mason write.”
>>
The letter was two sided though short and sweet on either end. Mason had wrote a short missive regarding the men you had captured from Septon Tytos’ information, it was short and jilted, “Yondril handled them. Had to use the knife. Working for Blounts, they got the coin of the 3. It was a bribe to keep ‘im quiet. Got leverage on Faith. Get Isis back.”

You share the latter with Benjin who looks astonished until you explain Septon Tytos and Saul Cromwell having come to you and explained what such a thing could mean, “So you would blackmail the Faith into legally dissolving the union between Royce and your sister?”

“That’s the plan.”

“And the twins? Her daughters?”

You wave vaguely, having not quite made a decision on what to do with them yet, “An issue.”

“In more than one way my Lord. I would understand wishing to remove their noble status, no doubt Royce will wish to do the same as well. I assume he will remarry shortly, and attempt to produce another heir, hopefully a boy. But, if you keep the twins legitimate and hold them hostage essentially you would have just as much a claim through them and whomever they marry to Redgrove as he. The children are a political tool my Lord, I would not be so hasty in delegitimizing them. Victus is testament enough to the troubles the name Waters will bring them. I do not seek to sway you to either side my Lord, I understand it is a difficult decision, not based purely upon reason and claim, merely offering you my view.”
>>
Alright, it's official, I really like Olymer
>>
Obella however was responding to your telling her of Olymer’s offer, she did not say no in a resounding way, but seemed leery of any man that wished to have his two year old betrothed to a child that had yet to be weaned. She agreed with your, ‘in the years that follow’ statement, saying simply, “Lorelei will have many suitors in her time. It is not entirely to us to decide who she is to marry.” She went on to speak of the trouble in the Outer Ring, there had been a minor riot following a flood from Wetgate and she had to dispatch Jonos to calm them down. Mason suspected that Wetgate was beginning to falter and would need a proper engineer at some point or another to reconstruct it. Beyond that though they had the resources to manage the House, Obella had needed to see to the monthly finances herself in order to have a larger reserve and appease the people. It wasn’t her forte though with Elionwy, Mason, and Ashby helping her she had done…

>Roll 9d6 for House Fortunes
>>
Rolled 5, 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 1, 1, 1 = 23 (9d6)

>>47981263
>>
Rolled 6, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 4 = 32 (9d6)

>>47981263

Didnt our archetic already arrive ?
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 3, 3, 1, 5, 4, 4, 1 = 26 (9d6)

>>47981263

All sixes all day
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 1, 3, 5, 6, 2, 3, 2 = 34 (9d6)

>>47981263
>>
Remember we have to save that wealth for the town upgrade to combat the famine stuff.
>>
Damn fine rolls I must say
>>
>>47981272
>>47981282
>>47981283

Well, well enough. Not the best month of production you had ever managed but Obella did what she could with not quite the same level of knowledge of your House's month to month as you had. It was a hurry up job in an effort to appease the smallfolk.

Highest is 32, which is a Growth.
That is +1 to two, or +1d3 to one.

I'll remind. You need a Lands for a Small Town, Defense for Steadhold bridge and tower, Power for Bannerhouse, and Wealth for everything. At the bottom of the Stats spreadsheet has all of the information you need to know on how long you have until things become an issue.

>>47981282
I'm going to get to that in a minute.
>>
>>47981367

+1 to 2 please. Lands and Wealth.
>>
>>47981367
I say we get the stuff we need so people dont die to famine.
>>
>>47981367

+1 to Wealth and Lands
>>
>>47981367
1d3 to wealth we need it bad
>>
>>47981367
Agreeing with Lands and Wealth

Also think it's cool Obella has to handle the House.
>>
>>47981394
>>47981382
Agree, +1 to Lands and Wealth
>>
>>47981367

Looking over the house Malroy stats, haven't we already restored order to the princewood?

I am curious since we still have a timer attached to it.
>>
>>47981382
>>47981394
>>47981464
>>47981470
Alright pretty strong voice for Lands and Wealth, which is very reasonable all things considered.

So Lands, has no modifier, so it's just a straight +1, bumping you up to 2.

However Wealth has a +1d6 modifier, so I will need a roll of 1d6+1 please.

>>47981481
In order to fully restore order a unit must be in the conquered land for 3 months after the conflict. The Loyal Bows and Second Regiment are over there right now.
>>
Rolled 1 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>47981526
>>
Rolled 5 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>47981526
>>
Rolled 4 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>47981526

Rolling
>>
>>47981539
Good job
>>
Rolled 3 + 1 (1d6 + 1)

>>47981526
>>
>>47981542
Noice
>>
>>47981526
Would we be able to cycle a unit out and not interrupt the three months?
>>
>>47981539 Sleepy get it together.
>>47981542
>>47981552

Alright a solid +6 there, giving us 8 to work with, which is perfect.

You can buy a Food Agriculture>Mill or Food Agriculture>Grainy for 5 Wealth. Both of which will help your potential food shortage and work shortage issues.

The former will give you a +1 Wealth bonus, which will give you a 5 total bonus, not enough to bump you up to the next level but will help mitigate the loss of some trade soon.

The latter will give you a +1 bonus to Population LOSS, so if you ever roll shitty and need lose some population that'll reduce it by 1.

Or something else, I don't know what you guys want to do, those are just my viable suggestions right now.

>>47981582
I'd guess so. I just don't see a reason why you would.
>>
>>47981661
Lets get that mill
>>
>>47981661

Mill, I guess.

I don't mind either of them.
>>
>>47981661
Mill time
>>
>>47981661
Wait wait wait, don't we need that dosh for the town?
>>
>>47981661
Mill all the way.
>>
>>47981661
>Food Agriculture>Grainy
Would also help when winter rolls around.
>>
>>47981744
Literally 15 years away
>>
>>47981661
What all do we need to make a port?
>>
>>47981744
If the weather follows the booktimeline we won't see a winter untill after Bobby B's death
>>
File: Engineer.png (76 KB, 352x643) Image search: [Google]
Engineer.png
76 KB, 352x643
>>47981726
No you need Lands for the Small Town, 8 more to be exact. Wealth is for the other things to help mitigate the issues such as no work, food shortages, and ultimately solving the issue by building a Port or Marketplace. Which you cannot do without a Small Town.

>>47981676
>>47981687
>>47981706
>>47981728
Anyway, looks like a strong show of hands for Mill. So now we produce flour? Shit I don't even know what out primary food export is.

NOW ON TO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Kind of.

Alright so here's the thing about the Architect.

I overlooked that there was an Engineer personage holding in OOSP picture related, a holding that makes way WAY more sense for Brynden to hire than an Architect. It's a function over form sort of thing.

Now the Engineer Holding costs 5 Wealth more, but since I'm dumb I'm willing to drop that down to the same price as the Artisan Craftsman (Architect) holding you guys already bought.

Function wise it's the exact same thing as Architect, takes 20% off build, allows you buy stuff for cheap. It just has more practical improvements, as in it actually has them. Stuff that makes sense for Brynden to value.

Also I have no idea how to write Edgar of Highgarden, he makes sense for Bordain, not as much for Malroy.

So yeah, if you guys are cool with it I'd like to change out the holdings you got, no penalty to you guys.
>>
>>47981798
Sounds like a plan, Dad.
>>
>>47981798
Fair enough
>>
>>47981798
Sounds dope
>>
>>47981798
Coolio
>>
>>47981798
I reluctantly agree. Somehow I know you will try and fuck with us for this. I just know it.
>>
I never manage to catch these threads because of work but I always read the archives. Father you are a legend. Brynden Malroy is by far my favourite character in westeros. House Malroy feels so fleshed out as do the situations you get us into. RIDE UNTO THE SUNSET
>>
>>47981822
>>47981830
>>47981844
>>47981856
>>47981862
Thank you for appeasing my fickle nature.

I'll introduce him soon, as I was planning on introing Edgar here, but just could not make it fucking work. The Engineer I have it made makes way more sense for me as a character.

Anyway, I only had one more thing in my notes for tonight and that was doing the evening feast, so last scene then we'll call it night. I'm going to update the Stats page real quick and then get to writing.

>>47981910
Thank you, I truly appreciate that.
>>
>>47981934
Well you write fucking novels when you run mate. For free no less so it is one of the few things we can do.
>>
>>47981965
Father could just reword it a bit and he could release it as a pretty good Asoiaf fanfiction
>>
>>47982031
Oh god I would have to do so much work to make this even remotely decent as a fanficition. You guys haven't even noticed half of my tiny retcons I've made over time. And then the typos, oh god the typos. And I've made some dumb decisions in how I presented something I wish I could go back and change now. It would almost be like a completely different story in some regards.

Anyway. Stats page, roll on this post is for how long it will take for the Mill to be built -20% since it is a building. You now have 3 Wealth left and 2 Lands. Only 8 more to go. God is that a hard resource to gain.

And lastly as promised you have gained another 3 months on your rebuilding the Outer Ring deadline, up from 4 months to 7 months. Something that'll help quell the smallfolk. Good job Obella.
>>
Rolled 1 (1d6)

>>47982110
Fucking forgot the roll.
>>
>>
>>47982110
>>47982124
YES
>>
>>47982124
... Okay then. It takes less then a month. That is some efficient Mill building there, it'll be done by the time you get home.

For real though, someone fluff our crops. Of all the things in the quest that is the one thing I never really thought of. What medieval crop had the best yield for a warfare loving sellsword?

Anyway, for real writing this time.
>>
>>47982177
I think wheat and oats?
>>
>>47982177
Corn or Wheat, although the crown lands are too moist for wheat.

So I'd probably say Sorghum, which is a filler crop mostly used in bread and livestock
>>
>>47982215
Oats aren't as high yield as you think, and they do better in drier soil.

It's also Deer bait, they fucking LOVE the stuff
>>
>>47982222
That's FOR livestock by the way
>>
>>47982222
Barley would be the go-to crop in a crownlands like environs, I think.
>>
>>47982305
Yeah, barley and sorghum were my first thoughts
>>
>>47982222
>Sorghum
Looked it up (first I've ever heard of it)

>One species, Sorghum bicolor, native to Africa with many cultivated forms now, is an important crop worldwide, used for food (as grain and in sorghum syrup or "sorghum molasses"), animal fodder, the production of alcoholic beverages . . .

We can feed our horses, feed our people, AND get good and drunk off it. Also, nice quads.
>>
>>47982353
It's a very hardy wheat family member. I'm familiar with it because it's grown in Texas in-between corn and cotton.
>>
Rye maybe?
>>
Dad is dead, the brain juice got him!
>>
I bet Father is writing up some good shit.
>>
Obella had done what she could with what little time she had to piece together a response to the public outcry. The workers on the Steadhold’s Outer Wall managed to patch Wetgate, though only for so long. You also suddenly remember how a good handful of them were the bandits you captured in the Princewood and put to hard labor, likely Obella’s Uncle would be sending a recruiter for them before the end of the year, best to get your work out of them now. Jonos was able to get work on the lower districts begun again, it is still coming at a slow pace, something the people are beginning to get restless over. Though most successfully Obella manages to get a series of Mills up and running within a few weeks, most of them had been abandoned from the Rebellion and simply in need of cleaning and patchwork masonry. A few others were entirely new in the place where others had fallen into the Blackwater Rush. Though windmills were possible upon the Violet Plains your father had always found the current of the Rush to be more reliable than the fickle winds. It put people to work again at least and kept them out of Steadhold during the day when they would get restless, some but not enough.

Writing a short letter you approval of Obella’s actions, and let her know you are glad she is intelligent quick thinking woman she is rather than a doormat of a wife without an ounce of sense for her Household. It wasn’t her forte to be certain, and it is likely Mason and Jonos had a large hand in her decisions but all the same, it worked. It relieved the tension, it relieved your worry for home. So often on your trips Mason would be left in charge though he hardly had the chance to properly govern your lands and Household, he had the mind for it, simply not the authority or cast to carry out the orders.
>>
Now you had a fully staffed small council, a Master-at-Arms/Castellan, a Stewardess, Maester, Master-of-Horse, and Spy Mistress. Soon to come was a Barrister, Saul Compton if you had anything to do with it as of late, and if truly absolutely need by the Septon did provide spiritual guidance to those among your House. You could hardly fault him for doing that well. Steadhold had become a well governed castle at the very least, now it simply needed the exterior to match.

You also wrote back to Mason, as short as his own letter, “Good. Keep in dungeon, out of sight. Secure wagon in vault. Contact Compton, have arrive when I do. Consult Septon only if needed.”

The burning in your chest for once seemed to lax at the thought, there was a real possibility you could free Isis before you had to return her to Royce. There was a real possibility you’d return home having killed his most powerful supporter, crippled the wealthiest in the eyes of the Faith, and stolen his children and wife from under his nose. All the while still holding on to the evidence that he was a slaving piece of scum, enough to go to war over. Enough to end him. You were close, so very close, and it all would start soon.

Giving the letters to Benjin you finish off your meal, wish your men the best of luck and return to Olymer’s box where Ser Arlen is waiting for you. He seems to be in better spirits, having confirmed that bringing you and Olymer along as his plus ones to Lord Tarly’s banner feast was acceptable. Apparently they had a short chat before Arlen had returned and Lord Randyll had heard of you before, though mostly because of your rather abundant trials as of the past year, and more recently the retaking of the Princewood. Lord Tarly had a thing for keeping tabs on conflicts as it happened, as far north as the Riverlands and east as the Stormlands. He was particularly interested in hearing of how you dealt with them, and Arlen quoted ‘it would not unlikely be like myself.'
>>
The remainder of the day is spent with getting mildly drunk on a sweet cool red and watching the jousts continue well into the evening. You cheer for your men loudly, Ser Jon Pyle, Robb Brax, Titus Sarsfield, Lucas and Pryor all winning their tilts throughout the day, Pryor coming in with an impressive three victories, two from unhorsing. Wesley also competed, pulling a win out of nothing when he down two lances. And throughout the day you again see your horses in action, rarely and you are well aware they are still on what could be considered the undercard of the Tourney at large but it was enough, enough to help remind how far you had come. As dusk comes the day is called and the ranking change, though you are hardly able to see them from so high and with a head full of wine. Ser Arlen Hunt and Ser Olymer Tyrell split off from you as you decide to go collect Lucas and Jon Pryor to join you for the evening in Highgarden.

Pryor was a very old fashioned sort you always found, very proper, noble, lived by the Knight’s code to a bloody fault. He was practiced likely beyond most of the other Knights and cared for his small family that he had brought to Steadhold with him. His son, and squire, Edmund was a good youth, about Grant Conklyn’s age and his daughter Anne was a comely young lady that had found service as Racheal Conklyn’s lady in waiting. All in all the family had integrated well into your Household. Though you had come to realize one day that you had never met Pryor’s wife, a fact that he reluctantly shared with you during a bout in the yard one evening. She had drowned in a ship accident off of Pebble, she wasn’t noble, or wealthy, a woman of common birth that a second cousin of the Lord of Pebble married for love rather than status. Her father and brother were fishermen, she liked to join them upon the sea and paint he told you, in his quarters he had kept the last painting she had finished before her death, a portrait of Jon and the children.
>>
You understood why he was so often a solemn and serious man, losing love like that, you could relate. He arrived with you in his pink, grey, and yellow livery, dulled and subdued just as he always was in your presence.

Lucas, of course, dressed brilliantly in his sanguine and seafoam, a combination you still found horrid to look upon, mostly he dressed in the deep red, as had always been his preference and you had to admit, he wore it well. The evening had been mostly dedicated to a more lively feast than the nights prior, dance and song was about every dial, the musicians sitting above on a balcony overlooking the whole of the grand hall. Lucas was quick to find his wife and enjoy her presence, likely in hopes of gaining forgiveness for the morning and Pryor had taken up with a group of more seasoned Knights who spoke of the Tourney, those who had yet to enter the lists, such as Willas Tyrell and Oberyn Martell, and those who were high upon the leaderboard as of now, which through eavesdropping you learned Jon was ranked in the top ten at the moment. Could he win the entire Tourney, you wondered but were soon distracted by the sudden tracts of lands leaned over your table.
>>
Lady Liviana Vyrwel looked stunning in her dress of black and red, her red hair again hung in a mess of thick curls, though to one side now, as to not distract from the the obvious bosom she was nearly shoving into your face. Your eyes, half lidded from a day of drinking follow the cover of her silhouette, only to be disappointed when the form fitting dress showed off a less than impressive hip curve beneath a thin waist. Enough for most men, but most men did not return home to your Obella. She draws your attention upwards again with a word, honey soaked as it had been before, “Lord Malroy? I was hoping you would honor me with that dance?”

Seven above you needed to stop drinking in the presence of women that had the desire to fuck you.

>Roll 3d6 for Will.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 6 = 12 (3d6)

>>47983147
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 3 = 8 (3d6)

>>47983147
>>
Rolled 1, 4, 2 = 7 (3d6)

>>47983147
>>
>>47983160
I give up. What the fuck happened to me? Also goddamnit dad!
>>
Brynden better stick his cock in that busty redhead!
>>
>>47983154
>>47983159
>>47983160

Fucking nailing it with the 12 there. A loyal husband to the end. At some point I think I'll stop doing Will rolls and just assemble Brynden is not going to fuck other women. Maybe after one more chance.

Anyway, success, one degree.

You can muster up the will to avoid allowing this going down the wrong path, so far as you can imagine. Obella deserved the husband that was as loyal to his marriage as she was. Still, a dance could not hurt, even if it was just to be nothing but a tease.

Dance with Lady Liviana Vyrwel? Yes nothing will happen if you do. I promise.
>Yay
>Neigh
>>
>>47983217
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
>>
>>47983217
I don't trust anything you put in spoilers.
>>
>>47983217
Dance, dance and grope.
>>
>>47983217
>Yay

I do kinda want him to sleep with her. Let the regret and anger of his betrayal to his wife be the turning point for him to take the final steps to become the proper lord and husband that he is destined to be. Let him grow as a character.
>>
>>47983238
That was was my 12 winning it but sure lets dance
>>
>>47983217
>>Neigh
Decline for the night as we are too drunk. Tomorrow when we haven't consumed as much wine.
>>
>>47983254
No, bad anon, the turning point was having a trueborn child.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.