[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WarHammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 40k general.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
40k general.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Tier one Grot codex when? Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>47954747
I play from time to time. Zoan/Venom/Malanthropes take pretty much always every Elite slot I have and sometimes I want to bring Hive Guard, etc...
>>47954905
I don't see much to whine about Genestealer Cults. They have pretty good rules considering they are part Tyranid (Hybrids being better than actual Genestealers, Formation with turn 1 charges and 4+ cover in the open). Only thing is that I don't see a need for a Codex unless they do some considerable changes since none of the units can buy anything or change their unit numbers
>>
>>47955713
Also if you ally with Inp Guard for tanks people won't walk away over fluff disgust.
>>
Damn, my Deredeo has two left lower legs, and my leviathan storm cannon is missing half the main body.
>>
File: 1465053778553.jpg (67 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1465053778553.jpg
67 KB, 500x374
How do I make an eldar list that still works but won't make people hate me? I was thinking of picking up a start collecting box today or 2 so I'd have a unit of 5 wind riders and a jetbike warlock with a a farseer and 2 fire prisms
>>
File: HERESY.jpg (60 KB, 504x720) Image search: [Google]
HERESY.jpg
60 KB, 504x720
Blood Angels list for 1850 Casual games

Primary Detachment: CAD

HQ
>Captain: Jump Pack, Valour's Edge, Artificer Armor- 135 pts
>Librarian: Jump Pack, Combi-Melta- 90 pts

Troops
>Scouts x5- 55 pts
>Scouts x5- 55 pts

Elites
>Sternguard x10- 220 pts
>Sternguard x10- 220 pts
>Sanguinary Guard x5- 165 pts

Formation: Archangels Sanguine Wing
>Vanguard Vets x10: Jump packs. free Power Swords- 220 pts
>Vanguard Vets x10: Jump packs, free Power Swords- 220 pts
>Sternguard x10: Free Combi-Gravs- 220 pts
>Stormraven: replace heavy bolter with Multi Melta, added Hurrican Bolters to sides- 230 pts

We play a lot of Eternal War, so the idea is to use my two Sternguard squads to capture and hold the points on my side, Scouts take the middle point, and my Captain, Librarian, and Sanguinary Guard move to attack and take my opponents points. We play long ways, so the basic field is only 24" in length but is 48" wide. When my Sanguine Wing comes in, I use the Storm Raven to destroy my enemies tanks, the Sternguard onboard to try and add some control to that middle position, and the Vanguard Vets to try and take the other point that my HQs haven't already moved to take.

I'd some to hear some thoughts on this.
>>
40k Admech fliers when?
>>
>>47955864
You could try making a variant of strikingscorpian42's "Eldar Defense Militia" list. The whole idea behind it was using whatever the subpar Eldar equivalent to conscripts were, as well as some transports, fire warriors, and static artillery.

I know he didn't really like it but maybe you can drum something up based on the idea. The videos are still on youtube on his channel somewhere.
>>
Anyone have a digital copy of the 7th Ed Gaz supplement?
>>
File: 1079437-korgan.jpg (30 KB, 405x640) Image search: [Google]
1079437-korgan.jpg
30 KB, 405x640
>british pound weakens
>nothing I want to buy from FW
>>
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1116x780) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1116x780
>>47955928
Here, have a Cybran Gunship. Knowing the Admech this isn't too far off from what the official fliers will look like.
>>
so i have a friend who in every other game we play together such as he likes to make overpowered builds in D&D and likes to build broken decks in MTG so should i be worried about him wanting to play Space marines?
>>
So according to doom of mynera the guards captured a dire avenger and took him as a PoW.
Does the imperium usually take prisoners? What do they do with them
>>
>>47955864
Do an old school footdar list, mass of guardians, dire avengers, aspect warriors with no transports and few vehicles like fire prisms for tank support
Basically play guardsmen with eldar
>>
>>47955908
>minimum possible points spent on Troops tax
>casual
>>
>>47955928
Before or after >>47955902 which is coming later this year
>>
>>47955989
Sorta depends. Chaos? No. Tau? Probably. Orks? HA! Traitor Guard? Possible. Eldar? On Occasion. Tyranids? Yes.

Taking prisoners can be very beneficial. You can ransom them for your own prisoners, torture them for information, or study them for weaknesses. The Imperium generally shoots for the latter two.
>>
>>47955864
Aspect warhost. One of each type of squad, no more. Nothing with the word 'wraith' in it and no D. You don't need it. And keep the jetbikes to a minimum, obviously. Those are the big ones.
>>
>>47955989
torture for information

>>47955902
how aware is this guy? looks worse then a servitor and that's saying something

>>47956007
how many troops do people usually take? i usually take 3 at 1500 to 1850
>>
I have a strange desire to play an army with a bright color too it like yellow.

I'm basically bored of seeing nothing but black, red or grey on the table but don't have any ideas to run with at the moment. Suggestions?
>>
>>47955864
"Beware the Banshees howl!" Or play one of the other three Eldar factions.
>>
>>47956061
Harlequins. The brightest faction under the sun.
>>
>>47955864
>won't make people hate me
>that still works
>start with 10 jetbikes and a warlock on a jetbike

And another waacfag is born.
>>
>>47956061
Imp Fists/White Scars
One of the non Ulthwe craftworlds
>>
>>47955945
>£ weakens
>save about $10 on a $300 order

Its like /tg/ is full of retards or something
>>
>>47956089
Convert wind riders to Shining spears, suddenly you go from WAAC to getting pity from CSM and Ork players.
>>
>>47956007
>Blood Angels
>capable of anything but casual

Your ever present anger at the world is showing.
>>
>>47956061
Daemons are super colorful.
>>
>>47956061
Just play what you want, and paint it bright. I have a cartoony watermelonesque Nurgle Incursion army. Paint it how you want it to look.
>>
>>47956117
>implying Shining Spears are worse than the Ork/CSM average
>>
>>47956117
Odds he does that?
40,000 to 1

The moment he said 'that still works' and decided to start with two SC boxes worth of jetbikes, it was clear that hes another waacfag starting an Eldar army.
>>
>>47955928
Unlikely to get any soon. Simply because IA14 is Ad Mech + Space Marines vs Tau and that's updating 30k Ad Mech to 40k.

So at least Ad Mech now get transports now.
>>
>>47956086
Well, some of them. The official schemes seem to really gravitate mainly towards black and white for a good potion of the troupes. Which is silly, and not in the fun way.

Worth considering though.

>>47956104
I'll be honest, playing Marines is boring as shit to me. Like the fluff, love some of the subfactions but I just can't get into it playing them.

>>47956124
Kind of I guess. I can't seem to get into Daemons as much as I want to though. Too many horrible things with that book to keep the army properly interesting.
>>
>>47955982
Unless he plays Grey Knights, there is not really any build the SM have that is nigh-undefeatable.
>>
>>47956150
What I want is a model update to my Sisters, but failing that a second army is also good, which is what I'm doing now. I just can't decide what I want to play.
>>
>>47956007
His entire list is meq aside from a Stormraven. Stop replying until you pull your head out of your ass you fucking retard.
>>
>>47956007
It's Blood Angels bruh
>>
>>47956196
>Too many horrible things

if you mean the warp storm table then i must remind you that the dice hold no favor for anyone or army
>>
>>47956196
Daemons are great and have a great army book, I don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>47956206
okay he wants to play Ravengaurd, i had to talk him out of using skyhammer and such things.
>>
>>47956196
>Too many horrible things with that book to keep the army properly interesting
What in particular?
>>
Two questions.

What is your fluffy theme list, what is the idea and fluff behind it and the tactics, and what is your win rate with it?

What is your WAAC theme list?
>>
>>47956206
Are current Grey Knights even that scary? I mean even Draigostar back in 5th was a push over.

Then again I seem to be strangely good at killing Marine armies with my Sisters versus everything else so maybe I'm biased?
>>
>>47956177
I play Aspectdar, the ONLY reasons I bring them is because they are the third melee aspect so fit in a +1 WS a Aspect host and i want one of each aspect.

1A, Lances, no hit & run, no pistol/extra CCW no overwatch, protection without dedicating an Autarch.

After initial charge you have 25 point T3 units swinging a single s3 attack.
>>
File: Thallax (WAKE ME UP).png (230 KB, 540x295) Image search: [Google]
Thallax (WAKE ME UP).png
230 KB, 540x295
>>47956048
Oh he's fine, don't worry about him.
>>
>>47956117

>Add Banshee Mask Autarch
>Back to being better than any melee unit in the Ork or CSM codex

kek
>>
>>47956233
Warpstorm, Mono-Slaanesh has only Chariots and Soulgrinders for anti-Knight/Heavy Armour options, random nonsense out the butt, Tzeentch still has a horribly crappy psychic power list (and I'm not the kind of person to run a summoning circus), and a lot of the "good" builds are pretty boring to play for me.
>>
>>47956256
Bully boys, Blitz brigade, Badrukks flash gitz.
Roll out, shoot killkannons and Snazzguns, charge big shit.
80%

Bully boys, Blitz brigade, Badrukks flash gitz.
Roll out, shoot killkannons and Snazzguns, charge big shit.
80%
>>
>>47956233
I never understood why people got super upset about the warpstorm table. If you're playing a mixed god army it's much more likely that your enemy will be attacked rather than you, and you're summoning your units back for free anyway.

For each time I lost a unit it or one of the lower results I can recall a time when Khorne instagibbed a librarian or a Nurgle herald possessing a hive tyrant.
>>
>>47956296
I actually tried that list (haven't since the FAQ is putting a current stop on it because scouting), and I must say I dominated.

BS3, AP1, S5 30 shots with rerolls is ridiculous... and then your second unit shoots!
>>
>>47955908
Depends on who you're taking on, anon. But, in my honest opinion, Death Company are superior to everything you can muster.

Librarian Dreads are incredibly neat if you can get Electro Shield (though very unlikely).

I would mix weapons into your Sanguine Wing, simply because they're free. Some Power Axes and Power Fists won't go amiss.

Sanguinary Guard are 22PPM, naked. They are Two-Handed AP3 (AP2 with Axe, but Unwieldy) and their gun is essentially a 1AP better Bolter stuck on Rapid Fire. They're just not worth it when, despite being 2+, there is lots of AP2/Blasts out there. Amazing Models though.

I'd personally try and get Galan's Staff on the Librarian as it's quite neat. Then go with the new Pysker Power table which allows you to roll for +1T (to Toughness Value models) and +1AV (to all sides on AV models) power. Since that will make your guys immune to lots of things if you manage to roll it (though as a ML2, it's unlikely and Mephiston has the same chance as well, because Mephiston allowing 3 power rolls? TOO OP!)

But, not too bad. Just a shame we're 100% forced to take 1 Relic per HQ now, regardless of the wording or codex. Especially since the BEST relic BA have is an AP2 sword for 20 points. The Plasma Pistol without Gets Hot is 25 points and you can MC a Plasma Pistol for free as a Salamander which removes Gets Hot and gives it a re-roll.
>>
>>47956317
Some of us like Monogod armies, which increases your chance of getting slapped by your own codex for no reason.
>>
>>47956280
Still s3/t3, still no hit & run, still 1A, still 25 points.

>Back to being better than any melee unit in the Ork or CSM codex

Nobs beat them, NOBS. BEAT. THEM.
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 225x224
>>47956256
>What is your fluffy theme list
A renegades and heretics Unending Host with nothing but foot-slogging troops fluffed as a labor union uprising.
>what is your win rate with it?
I've played four games so far and haven't lost yet. It turns out that having about 180 lasguns with some plasma and melta support is enough diddley.

>What is your WAAC theme list
Tzeentch daemon factory.
>>
>>47956334
Curse of the Wulfen, bruh.
>>
>>47956318
>30 shots with 1 reroll per gun
It's Orks remember?
It's master crafted not twin-linked and it means you have to roll every git separately as the rolls are per model.

Still works even with the clarified scouting.
>>
>>47956287
They have keepers and daemon princes as anti-knight options and Tzeentchs powers are not all THAT bad unless you're in a hyper competitive setting.
>>
>>47956287
With Kairos and/or the Incursion, Warpstorm is pretty much always helpful.

Yes, limiting yourself to 1/4 of the codex means you won't have many options. This is true of any codex.

The new Tzeentch powers are pretty baller, especially with the effective +2 strength from the Warpflame Host.
>I'm not the kind of person to run summoning circus
Running summonspam against Orks and CSM and the like is gay, but it's perfectly fine against other high-power armies. It's a shame that Cursed Earth is so vital to keep your guys alive that it practically necessitates running a bunch of Malific psykers.
>>
>>47956270
well serving the machine god emperor and killing the enemies of man is it's own reward

>>47956287
>warpstorm
you have the same chance to get a free unit as destroying your army, with instruments you can reroll errant results against your army or the enemy.

>mono slaanesh
can't disagree on this. i'm of 2 minds on the chariots though. frankly i love them but they're a pain to build and paint. mine haven't done much but catch bullets and hold objectives.

>tzeentch powers
see the expanded table, heck you can even get a relic that lets you use all the powers. warpflame is annoying though

>>47956334
slaanesh says pain is pleasure

>>47956317
oh i'm in favor of warpstorm, i like it; i'm just weary of it. hell i even forget it sometimes and not on purpose
>>
>>47956334
At 1k Mono god is viable
Even 1500 at a push

No way more than that though
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>47956213
Any army can be painted bright and cheery, just pick what you wanna play and paint em that way. Thats what I did with my Nurgle Daemons.

Crappy phone pic but you get the idea.
>>
>>47956359
No I know the shooting works, the bully boy aspect of it doesn't.

I also know the reroll per shot which honestly isn't bad at all, just do it in groups of three and pick one up. No issues.

Loved using the list.
>>
>>47956334
Still only a 1 in 11 chance rather than the 4 in 11 chance they face and mono-nurgle and mon-slaanesh laugh off their attacks because they scatter like crazy due to no BS.
>>
>>47956339
>>47956267
>T3
Why don't you learn what you're talking about before starting the pity parade.
>>
>>47956345
I have yet to properly read that book. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

>>47956369
To be honest, the only Tzeentch thing I like is Thousand Sons, and they're basically pants. Don't know the Incursion.

>>47956376
Slaanesh also pushes people to be pretty, do drugs and play wicked guitar solos.

I think I'd prefer that to him mushroom stamping me.

>>47956377
Which is part of my problem with the book. I can't play monogod at the level games are played at locally.

>>47956383
Nice paint job, but I don't know if "cheery" is the right word for it.
>>
>>47956266
>SoB
>Bad army

Love this meme. SoB are decently mid-tier. They have plenty of Melta, they're not overpriced across the board (Repentia are a fucking joke) they have a 6++ universal, even on their vehicles (which is neat on Repressors and Imolators) and Exorcists shoot out D6 S8 AP1 Melta missiles a turn.

So of course you'll wipe the floor against Marines, since everything they have can be popped by your Exorcists. Penitent Engines are Distraction Carnifexes, and even if they're not targeted, will shred most things if allowed into combat (and if they try and dog leash you, that's turns they're not using the unit to kill you). Plus Retributors are cheap enough to have plenty of Melta's around.

Only armies with top tier flyers will cause trouble and then you can probably take them down with Retributor Heavy Bolters. Though it's difficult.

As for Grey Knights. They are pretty bad now. Terminators are way too much. Paladins are useless because S8 AP2 is abundant and they're insanely priced. You'd only need two good rolls with a Exorcist to wipe out a squad, since you'd ID them and as there is no blast, it won't scatter. Two Exorcists cost less than 10 Paladins, naked.

Grey Knights are basically run, to the best of my knowledge cause it's been awhile, as non-Terminators. Their Power Armour guys are superior.
>>
File: 99120209033_Ardboyz01.jpg (84 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120209033_Ardboyz01.jpg
84 KB, 600x620
Anyone else think these would make decent 40k 'Ard Boyz?
>>
>>47956400
>Still only a 1 in 11
bell curves do not work that way.
>>
>>47956418
>I have yet to properly read that book.
They have a massive Decurion that pretty much requires mono-god armes.
Allows you to add or subtract 1 from the warpstorm so your all slaanesh army can turn khornes wrath to the thirsting prince.
>>
>>47956377
Ive played mono Nurgle Incursion at 1850 and 2000. Ive beaten Tau twice and Skitmech once. Funny, their one loss was to Orks.
>>
>>47956287
You're legally able to run the Sonic Dreadnoughts that Forge World has stopped selling. FAQ specially says use the most current rules. So that's another Slaaneshi unit.

Forge World doesn't even do Tzeentch unique models (yes, it does the Greater Daemon, but everybody else gets one too).

Still, Chaos needs more love that isn't Khorne or Nurgle, especially from Forge World. However it seems that some Chaos units in 30k are available in 40k, so who knows.
>>
>>47956445
The armor would require modeling on each guy. Simple cuts and gouges, but they def need it.
>>
>>47956445
about as much as the old black orc models did
>>
>>47956438
Repentia used to be awesome until they lost their FnP and only have a 6++ to roll on and nothing else (outside of the Mistress of Repentance's Power Armour).

The 6++ on vehicles makes them more expensive than the Marine equivs, so it's not a freebie.

And who takes Penitent Engines when you can (and frankly need to) run 3 Exorcists to give your army the only ranged weapon that goes past 24" besides the Heavy Bolter?

Retributors are a trap compared to Dominions (Scout, AoF that gives Ignores Cover).

Sisters are a short ranged army with one major thing over Marines (who get all the same basic toys and then some): they get slightly more bodies.

And you basically proved my point: Grey Knights -aren't- scary and I still don't know what that anon was claiming.
>>
>>47956445
Literally everybody.

The entire Orruk range makes a great army.

Imagine Biker Boys being lead by https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Gore-Gruntas

or Mega Nobz being https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Brutes
>>
>>47956398
Even if it's turn 2 it's still 20 s9 ap2 hits poiring out of the wagon.

It's IS a hit or miss list based on.. well bullying, you have to hope to overwhelm them with av 14 and hails of bullets on their anti-tank units.

>>47956404
He got the toughness wrong, that still makes them space marines with s3.
Will you pay 25 points for that?
Twice the price of a CSM, not even a Troop choice so no ObSec
>>
>>47956438
They arent mid tier. They have no formations, rely heavily on vehicles, and arent especially mobile. Any one of those three are significant enough to place them low tier in the current meta - they suffer from all three.
>>
>>47956507
So big choppa meganobs?
>>
>>47956464
Ah, fair enough. That is a big improvement.

>>47956480
I forgot about Sonic Dreads.

>>47956484
Some good ol' sponge weathering helps a lot too. Use it to stipple on a dark brown, and then silver over the brown to get a worn-off paint look.

>>47956507
They definitely make Feral Orks seem like a nice army project.

'Eadwhoppa would definitely be a good choice on the Warboss in such an army. Stick him on a boar and you're good to go.
>>
>>47956445
>>47956507
I don't like AoS but that warboss on the pitbull dragon makes me wish the 40k warboss could have something like that in 40k.

Some kind of giant flying squiggly beast that could tear up a riptide with just it's smash attacks and the warboss on back with his S10 klaw... just imagine...
>>
>>47956525
Some argue that meltaspam and s8 ap1 missiles make up for a lot, especially with 1/6th chance to just say no to explodes result.

>>47956546
Not to forges Deamonic Corruption, any objective they touch counts as held even if they leave it, enemy needs to recapture them to stop you holding it.
>>
File: that's baiting.png (49 KB, 161x298) Image search: [Google]
that's baiting.png
49 KB, 161x298
>>47956339
>>47956267
>T3

Samefag baiting. Have a (You).
>>
>>47956570
You don't have to like AoS, but the models they've release have been pretty nice. When it was released, I thought about running it as a Deff Dread or something for a Snakebite Clan.
>>
>>47956570
Warboss with Squiggoth steed is my dream.

I do agree with you though, 40K Orks have been eternally forgotten and the Fantasy and Sigmar models have always been far far superior.
>>
>>47956570
The best thing to come out of AoS has been the models.

>>47956572
As someone who owns and plays Sisters, the Exorcist missiles do to a point, but it's still mounted on a Predator chassis and bad dice rolls ruin the effectiveness. The same tank can murder a Hive Tyrant turn 1 or fail to even scratch the paint on a Dark Eldar skimmer with it's one shot you rolled.

And Daemonic Corruption sounds like a nice way to help the army.

>>47956591
Throne, it makes me with the Squiggoth was somewhat good. It'd be prime material for conversion.
>>
>>47956575
>baiting
Do you know what the term means, or has it been diluted into a memeword like literally?
>>
>>47956586
I'd give warboss riding a monster rules like a chariot but the chariot is a monsterous creature.
Warboss can't disembark, if one is killed they both g-, wait, that would just mean the warboss would get murdered before he was allowed to swing.

Even in my fantasies Orks are still shit.
>>
>>47956617
Both of you said Shining Spears have T3. I can understand one getting it wrong, but two of you did. So, that has lead me to believe you're samefagging.

Furthermore, the fact you spoke with a voice of authority on a topic you do not actually know anything about, has lead me to believe you were fishing for replies. Just like the anon last thread who said that Stormsurges and Wraith Knights count as a Lord of War each, regardless if they're bought in a squadron.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>47956383
>>47956418

>Nice paint job, but I don't know if "cheery" is the right word for it.

I dunno, I feel like they look pretty friendly. Thats what Ive been telling myself anyway. When I play them Ive brought a pile of candy to share with my opponent, using starburst wrappers to as markers, offering them the red ones after a particularly bad failed save, or big play by me.
>>
>>47956610
>>47956645
AoS isn't great, but I heard they're getting points, and since I've not played WHFB for over a decade (though collected the stuff) my local group might be back to playing it again. Who knows. That said, I flicked through their new models and I honestly don't mind them. The Khorne things make decent Khorne Berserkers and basis for conversions. The board game models they released were fantastic and makes me wonder why 40k hasn't got models like that. The Orcs were neat as well, especially the Boar riding one. Makes me want Cyboars back.
>>
>>47956513
25 PPM for a T4, 3+ Jetbike with a TL'ed shuriken catapult and S6 AP3 on the charge. They're not good, but they've got uses. A small unit is pretty good at wiping out stragglers of units that the rest of your hideously OP army wiped out. Against elite armies with low Leadership they also stand a pretty decent chance of breaking and running down medium sized units.

The idea that a single subpar unit in an army as ludicrously overpowered as Craftworld Eldar is something to evoke pit from Orks and CSM is laughable.
>>
File: Honor.jpg (103 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
Honor.jpg
103 KB, 600x516
>>47955695

Have you preordered the best dice in the world, that all other dice look up to, /tg/?
>>
>>47956645
It really is my biggest gripe with Orks in 40K.

They have so much potential to be developed in a interesting way but all we get is Boy + (insert weapon).

I hate it more than our ruleset.

Just imagine how much you could expand on the feral aspect of it, Squiggoth cavalary units anyone?

Huge feral beasts that are prized possessions of Warbosses and shipped from World to World, and have been made cybernetic or jammed full of Weapons.

Expand the tank aspect, expand the Grot aspect.

Its so boring in such a fascinating race.
>>
>>47956688
But anon, i've already got my Alpha Legion dice from FW
>>
>>47956680
I won't claim AoS models to be perfect, just the best part of the game so far.
>>
>>47956697
I wish we had Fantasy models + 40K Ork lore.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 320x307) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 320x307
>>47956688
Ultramarines huh.
You've succumb to suggestion and marketing. You tell yourself its theme and fluff, but thats the power of clever sales on a feeble mind. Sorry bro, but dont feel bad. Someone has to be part of the herd. You are a resource, and an essential cog, dont you forget that.
>>
>>47956650
I know about it, I just misspoke twice, Shining Spears are the only t4 units in my army so 3 was what came to mind, bit embarrassing as i actually had the codex open to look up their point value.
Such is the fate of token units.

Wraithknights don't have squadrons, though I was wrong about the SS.
I should know better than to post based on memory seeing as I'm an absolute ass when others do it.
>>
>>47956680
>The board game models they released were fantastic and makes me wonder why 40k hasn't got models like that.

40k has. It's called Deathwatch: Overkill
>>
Speaking of Orks, I'm on a 5 game win streak with them right now, I love my Orks.
I was supposed to fight a skyhammer formation today but he hasn't finished the models yet so just a normal game.
It only maks me proud because /tg/ tell me they're so shit, would /tg/ still rate them as the weakest army?

>>47956697
I want my squigs back and I don't want to go to forge world for a squiggoth.
>>
>>47956681
>ludicrously overpowered as Craftworld Eldar
there are as many subpar units as there are ludicrously overpowered ones.

The issue is that existance of overpowered units throws off the balance of a codex more than underpowered ones.

Take a fine codex, add 4 underpowered units, basically nothing happens. Some people might take slightly less powerful armies because they don't realize they are underpowered, or because they think the new units are cool. But the codex is still fine.

Take the same codex and add 4 overpowered units. The codex is now a brokenly powerful mess.
>>
File: gun.jpg (60 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
60 KB, 600x900
I really want to up my painting game, espeically since i want to get into HH and i don't want to fuck up those very expensive models

Any recommendations for brushes or any pdfs to painting guide?
>>
>>47956849
No.
>>
>>47956755
I unironically love the ultra marines but I don't collect them, what does that make me?
>>
>>47956445
I actually did this. They are nob size. Looks totally killer with some 40k bits. But don't think they will pass for boys
>>
>>47956852
glad you asked. check out this link. basic method for tabletop is prime, base, wash, highlight. 3 color standard. make sure you clean off moldlines and don't worry about bits you can't reach with a brush since no one will see those.

gw makes alright paints and i use a cheap set of brushes from hobby lobby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFpqxHFMZXs&index=9&list=PLTHE9XpWMu3ikeZlT1SWSi7zpRl8f_xIx
>>
>>47956848
They are shit, its indisputable and anecdotal evidence is not proof otherwise.

Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the army or get wins with them.
>>
>>47956886
I'm going to buy Brutes to lead my Ork boys, I think they would look fantastic.

Does anyone have a pic of them standing next to 40K Nobs thought?
>>
>>47956852
What part of painting are you struggling with?
>>
>>47956886
Clearly that's why they're so 'Ard!
>>
>>47956177
Ork/CSM average isn't a good point for the game to be at.
While the top armies need to be brought down in power, if everything was brought down to Ork/CSM level, no one would be happy, not even the Ork/CSM players.

CSM would still have limited options, special units that didn't work or weren't worth their price over base units, and annoying restrictions
Orks would still have special rules that could cause units to fail, and several core units that just couldn't do the thing they feel like they should do.
>>
>>47956954
If you're still lurking in like an hour I can post one of someone else doesn't. (Same guy who did conversions)
>>
>>47956886
>But don't think they will pass for boys
>They are nob size.

Confirmed Goff clan. They're dead ard and uge, totally in line with fluff.
>>
>>47956328
On the Sanguine Wing, it reads that only the power sword or a single lightning claw are free. I don't believe I can get free power fists or axes or mauls.

I'll take a better look at Galan's staff, the librarian Dreadnought, and Death Company though. My only concern with Death Company was that they get extremely expensive to kit out, and the Sanguinary Guard were a cheaper option as a unit to go with my Captain and Librarian.
>>
>>47956992
Yeah I'll be here.
>>
>>47956993
Or Bad Moons, the only Orks who have beer bellies and prefer shooting you with their expensive guns (which makes me think they're fat redneck Orks).
>>
>>47956849
>there are as many subpar units as there are ludicrously overpowered ones
Feel free to tell yourself whatever lies help you sleep at night, but don't expect the rest of us to believe you. Please, list all of the UP and OP units in the codex in your delusional estimation.
>>
>>47956868
CSM have get a GC with D weapons for 250pts, a raptor variant with assault moves, a 4+ invuln save and a S6 assault 3 gun, for 25pts. and a free upgrade to MoN troop marines that give them 5+ FNP and Poison 3+ on their guns.

Nothing else changes.
Is CSM now a broken codex?
>>
>>47956986
>Ork/CSM average isn't a good point for the game to be at.
Good thing literally no one said or even intimated that.
>>
>>47957003
I'm only half right. It's any power weapon. Might go all power mauls then...
>>
>>47956196
Yeah but they are clowns. You could use the mcdonalds theme and the other player wouldn't bat an eye.
>>
Are eldar missile launcher the only Skyfire wep besides flyers for eldar?
What are some good long range shooting options?
>>
>>47957046
God I would love to have a Nurgle army with 5+ T5 and 3+ Poison

The pure rape of it all
>>
>>47957025
storm guardians, howling banshees, shining spears, wraithblades, wraithlords.
Not saying they are utter garbage, just subpar to the point even mid tier armies like Deldar or IG wouldn't take them if they had the choice.

That's 5 units. The broken units in eldar are Scatbikes, scytheguard, warp spiders, and wraithlords. That's 4.
>>
>>47956688
I got the Ork ones.
I thought they were limited edition things :<
>>
Does anyone have an archive link to that old GW page showing off different terminator lords?

I seem to remember the Iron Warrior (steel brethren?) one had a fuck off axe and it looked cool as fuck, so I'm wondering how they made it.
>>
>>47957046
Not broken, but a mono-build that includes as many GC's as possible, and max number of those Raptors possible.

Yet they still die easily under Tau's weight of dice and endless beneficial special rules, SM's powerful formations, Necrons durability, and Eldar Scatbikes/WarpSpiders/Wraithshit.
>>
>>47957080
What is your point here? Trying to convince /tg/ that the Eldar codex isnt the most powerful the game has ever seen? Because it is. Lets end this stupid bullshit before your autistic need to make everyone agree with you derails the thread.
>>
>>47957048
followed the reply chain after I posted and realized that wasn't how that comment came to be. I didn't think someone would be so dumb as to say that SS are worse than CSM/Ork.
My bad.

I have heard people who arguing for codex nerf over codex buff (a fine point) go to the point where they said no buffs should happen only nerfs, implying that CSM/Ork is where things should go. And that's to the point of stupid.

IMHO the goal for balance is IG, or at least and IG the core infantry formation for their detachment takes 5-8 infantry squads rather than the retarded 15.
>>
>>47956707
They're not perfect, they're neat though.

>>47956826
No, I mean, those type of models for Chaos. You know, mixing it up a bit.
>>
>>47957137
No stupid, he's saying that it's overpowered units that unbalance the game, not shit ones.
Eldar have bad units but are still overpowered because people just use the good ones, a bad codex could be made overpowered with the inclusion of overpowered units.
>>
>>47956773
It's OK anon. We all make mistakes. Sorry I sounded like an ass.

>>47957003
For DC, go with 1 special weapon per 5.

>>47957058
Yup. It's why mixing them up is neat. It depends on what you're going against, I guess. Swords against GEQ's. Some Axes for MEQ's. Etc.
>>
>>47957137
no, my point is that problem with OP codex comes from a small number of OP units. And that a small number of OP units will make a faction OP. Under powered units won't change the how good a faction is, unless there are no other options.

So Eldar being OP does not imply that eldar can't have underpowered units.
>>
File: Talos First attempt.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
Talos First attempt.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>47956910
Thanks famalam

>>47956961
I feel like i'm kinda stalling at just below average skill, he's a pic of my most recent WIP
>>
>>47957185
>he

Nigger please, its painfully obvious you're samefagging here.
>>
File: 1466876965460397037726.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1466876965460397037726.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
So this is the apocalypse game I was talking about.

Please be nice.
>>
>>47956848
List. Opponents' lists, too.
>>
File: 20160625_104614.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160625_104614.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>47957008
Blurry one. Grot, boy, 'ard boy, nob, mega nob, warboss in mega armour
>>
File: 20160625_104742.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160625_104742.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>47957008
Normal nob in front, 3 'ard boys. They are a little smaller
>>
File: 20160625_104759.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160625_104759.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>47957008
Next to a normal boy. Not that much bigger now that I look at it, but it is noticeable
>>
>>47957230
okay, so show how adding the 4 worst units in the game to eldar would do anything to change how op they are?
Or how using the literally 4 units mentioned as making the eldar OP in >>47957107 to CSM or Orks wouldn't make those codex top tier.
>>
File: 20160625_104816.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160625_104816.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>47957008
Last one. 'Ard boy next to mega nob, just for reference. If anyone has pictures of the AoS brute models next to 40k stufd, I would be grateful.
>>
has anybody here ever walked into their LGS, seen all the unwashed unshaved overweight losers inhabiting it on a Saturday morning, and realized that they didn't want to be part of the community anymore?
>>
Anybody know the cheapest place in Canada to get 40k stuff?
>>
File: 559326602cdbc.jpg (484 KB, 1600x2416) Image search: [Google]
559326602cdbc.jpg
484 KB, 1600x2416
>>47957296
This is stupid.

Play Epic already.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>47957229
Ok thats not bad, you have a good foundation to build on here.

Some things I see from your image:

Potentially bad/thick primer. Use the good stuff, and just the thinnest possible layer.

Paint consistency, especially the metallics. Needs to be thinner coats than what you're using. You're just trying to change the color of the surface, not put on an actual physical 'layer' of paint. Buy a bottle of vallejo model air, thats the consistency you're going for. It varies slightly depending on color/brand/application/metallic - but a good rule of thumb for basecoats and layers is the consistency of milk. Thats very 'liquidy'. Take this part seriously.

Edge highlights are slightly messy and (arguably)too close to the basecoat color. You can fix this with practice and patience.

Your shading is slightly messy. With inks and washes, oftentimes less is more. Only put it in recesses, then use a lighter color to highlight the raised parts, this will add depth while minimizing the messy ink look. I typically water my inks down to 50/50 using distilled water. (no particulates.

For example on the flesh of the arms on your model: I would have diluted the ink down to 50/50, and used it sparingly in the recesses. Just a hint of shade. Then, on the highest points of the musculature, use a very thinned down flesh tone (lighter than the flesh basecoat) and build it up in thin layers until you see the effect.

You're getting there anon, you just need a little more experience. Always focus on what you are unsatisfied with, try to see what you're doing wrong, and try something different. Dont be aftaid to experiment. And always use sable brushes.

An airbrush will change your life too. It will make painting to a nice finish so much easier.
>>
>>47957415
Stealing it from MWG
>>
>>47957305
>>47957321
>>47957339
>>47957354

Cheers lad, you're a star.
>>
>>47957347
Stop bro. Stop.
>>
File: SteamGargant.jpg (39 KB, 282x299) Image search: [Google]
SteamGargant.jpg
39 KB, 282x299
Is it wrong to want to build one of these?
>>
>>47957296

>more superheavies than infantry

This is the future GW wants
>>
>>47956876
closet smurf
>>
>>47957415

where are you located?
>>
>>47957492
Bah, GW makes more on shit tons of infantry armies than a couple superheavies. The community is the one pushing the route of running only big toys.
>>
>>47957392
Eh. Im the clean cut, succesful, married to a dimepiece, better than all the neckfats at painting, couldnt care less about powerlisting - guy that they all hate. Yet when they see my armies/lists they either drool at an easy win, or realize Im just there to have fun. About half of the regulars have come around over the past 3 years. Im friendly, a good sport, and ignore angry neckbeard behavior if I cant drown it in kindness.

Plus the store owner and staff get along great with me. Ive spent obscene amounts of money there, donated custom built terrain, and just employed basic social skills.

You dont have to be part of that community. Blow the doors off the stereotype.
>>
File: awaken my gains.jpg (187 KB, 825x886) Image search: [Google]
awaken my gains.jpg
187 KB, 825x886
>>47957452
Thanks for the feedback m8 i appreciate it
Does investing into a airbrush set up really bring painting up to another level? Some of the stuff i've seen is insane, but surely all the fiddly bits are done by hand?
>>
Where in the BRB does it say that Super Heavies take more movement while moving through cover. 3d6 take the two highest?
>>
>>47957582
If you're asking about Super Heavy movement, they move 3d6, doubling the highest result when moving in terrain
>>
>>47957502
Ontario gta area
>>
>>47957610
Right, but do you happen to know which page? I trust you but I'm trying to cite and don't have my personal BRB with me. Much appreciated.
>>
>>47957540
I use an iwata eclipse which has a .3 (.35?) tip, and a badger krome which has a .25 tip. The .25 can spray tiny enough to almost everything, especially at low psi. I still use a brush on infantry eyes and the smallest details.

But I stringly recommend an airbrush if you're open to the idea. It will give you the cleanest, thinnest coats you can get. In about one-tenth the time it would take to achieve with a traditional brush. It makes whites and yellows a dream too.

For a legit setup youre going to spend $100-$150 on the brush, and ~$200 on the compressor. The first few months will be painful. You will clog the tip, ruin the needle, be utterly confused at malfunctions and bad sprays. But watch videos of maintenance for your particular brush, pay attention to consistency ofvarious colors and how it relates to the spray. And cleaning thoroughly is the key to success. Its a rough road, but once you get a handle on it, your painting game will elevate to the next level. And the amount of time it saves is unbelievable.
>>
>>47957611
>gta area
>gta= Greater Toronto Area
Do you say PIN number and ATM machine too?
>>
>>47955695
hyper grot unicycles as fast attack?
>>
>>47957296
I wouldn't mind if it was actually painted properly.
>>
I've just got the 7th edition digital rulebook.
Am I a bitter grognard, or is it complete crap compared to the previous ones? Layout is non existent, there are no illustrations, and I think there must be like 120 pages with nothing but a single pic of a mini, that is often not even fullscreen.
Seriously, I've seen better packaged homebrews. Did I get the phone version by mistake or something? How is the hardcover?
>>
>>47957205
I was thinking about taking Flesh Tearers detachment as my Primary as well, but then I realized that I'd lose objective secured on most of my units. Any thoughts as to that?
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.png (2 MB, 1200x1738) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.png
2 MB, 1200x1738
>>47957540
That's not proper fit.
>>
>>47957659
Its known for being shittily formatted. Ask for your money back.
>>
>>47957642
Sure, but here are your compulsory GW rules when discussing Ork units:

>Legs too short
Due to the short range of the Grots legs, they often lose their footing and fall off their cycles. Any Hyper Grot Unicycle model that moves is subject to a dangerous terrain test, further, if the unit moves over dangerous terrain it immediately takes a second dangerous terrain test in addition to the one that 'Legs too short' conveys.

>Focusing on Riding
Models on Hyper Grot Unicycles count their ballistic skill one less than their profile.

45ppm. Leadership 4, 6+ armour, 12 inch movement range.
>>
>>47957675
Yes... Now do Iron Hands.
>>
>>47957666
I personally like Flesh Tearers because I think Seth is neat and he'll destroy most things. Don't need to worry about AP4 because you've got ID against most infantry.

I would probably stick with regular BA, simply because they have lots more choices to make. Though the Drop Pod thing is very neat.
>>
>>47957675
>>
>>47957692
45ppm are you mad there grots!
>>
>>47957706
I would if I could draw and or edit.
>>
File: I BELIEVED.png (7 KB, 537x248) Image search: [Google]
I BELIEVED.png
7 KB, 537x248
>>47957633
Thanks to the British People i have more money than i did last week.
So it's one of those "hard work but worth it in the long term"?

Sounds like fun - Thanks
>>
File: fucking heretics.jpg (77 KB, 677x921) Image search: [Google]
fucking heretics.jpg
77 KB, 677x921
Do you think Forge World will do a Emperor model + rules come Siege of Terra?
>>
>>47957692
I said tier ONE Grots not tier FIVE

GW has failed me again
>>
>>47957765
Yes.
>>
File: _MG_9535-02.jpg (35 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
_MG_9535-02.jpg
35 KB, 400x600
>>47955695
>>
>>47957731
Hello,

Games Workshop has recorded your message and will send it to the relevant departments for future discussion.

Kind regards,

GW
>>
>>47957730
Shit like this is so weird. I cant imagine being interested in sexualized 40k stuff. Let alone some strange masculine SoB with wings coming out of her ass.

Is the attraction to this stuff due to proclaiming 'I'm different!' ? Or are people genuinely turned on by bizarre cartoons? No joke, I seriously dont understand this behavior. Not offended, or judging anyone.
>>
>>47957803

It's a joke retard
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 368x352) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 368x352
>>47957748
Well played, Sir.
>>
>>47956343
Has anyone played Shas O'bama versus the Demon Factory?
>>
>>47957803
Or maybe it's because it's hilarious
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1024x743) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1024x743
>>47955695
I'm asking again as I didn't get an answer in the last thread. If a high ranking cogboy just heard about the horse raping Xeno society we call Tau and wanted to know why they're important enough for him to care who should he ring up? Ordo Xenos, his brothers in bionics that fought the Tau in the Gulf Crusade, or should be just take him a posse and go kick some Tau faces in the name of the Quest For Knowledge to learn from his personal experience?
>>
>>47957823
Not gonna lie, this image melted my heart more than a little.
>>
>>47957852
Have you seen the leaked pic of her with a dick in her mouth? It's fucking stellar.
I love that she's so slutty, she's very feminine and knows how to use her powers.
>>
File: 99120112024_SCDarkEldar16.jpg (65 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120112024_SCDarkEldar16.jpg
65 KB, 600x620
Thoughts on the Eldar and DE boxes?
>>
>>47957865
Who is that semen-demon?
>>
>>47957635
Gee didn't mean to trigger your autism
>>
>>47957874
The Eldar one is a stepping stone to scatbike spam. Dark Eldar were gutted by the faq, they are CSM tier now.
>>
>>47957633
>and ~$200 on the compressor.
What? I got my 3 HP 60 gallon compressor for $250. It's more than plenty to run a grinder or home shop sized sand blaster continuously. There's no way a $50 air compressor can't handle a little airbrush.
>>
>>47957882
I forget her name. She used to host the nerd-news show on G4, now she's married to Aaron Rodgers.
>>
>>47957889
>Dark Eldar were gutted by the faq, they are CSM tier now.

Assuming the current stance on Jinking + Embarked troops is the source of this comment?

I'll be pissed if they go back on Jinking but keep Scouting decision.
>>
>>47957899
Well I use a compressor made for an airbrush. Im sure a $50 would work, but I prefer a fine tuning regulator, a moisture catch, and a tank that allows it to run intermittently.
>>
>>47957823
Is that Olivia Munn? She's got the same expressions, but she looks a lot whiter and better endowed.
>>
>>47957927
Yep. They were fragile but mobile and able to spit fire. Now they are just fragile and mobile. Open topped really hurts too. They were pretty weak before, they didnt need a nerf.
>>
>>47957942
Yeah Olivia Munn, thats her name. The recent pic of her sucking (presumably) Aaron Rodgers' dick has put her back on the radar.
>>
>>47957865
Who is she?
>>
>>47957889
>The Eldar one is a stepping stone to scatbike spam
while true, it does make sense as the previous eldar starting box provided the start for an infantry troop options.
It made sense for the new thing to provide the other options, rather than doing the same thing again. And it gives a farseer bike without paying the stupid price for one model.

Model them with catapult rather than scatbikes and it's not as bad.
>>
>>47957964
>Model them with catapult rather than scatbikes and it's not as bad.

If you've made the decision to buy that box, you arent gonna use catapults. Id bet $50 that 90%+ of people buying that box build scatbikes.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 358x256) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 358x256
>max 2 minutes between replies all morning
>suddenly Olivia Munn's titays
>'theres also a blowjob pic'

Wonder where everybody went?
>>
>>47958016
we went no where at all.
>>
>>47957934
An Ingersoll Rand water separator and regulator is another $50 if you want professional level parts where it matters. Otherwise, Harbor Freight can do a good enough job for about $8. If you're paying $200 for an air compressor, you better be getting 2+ HP and a 20+ gallon tank or you're getting jewed.
>>
>>47956697
I don't know, Bikes fulfill the roles of feral beasts for me, and better since they give off that lovely Mad Max feel
>>
>>47958036
I paid $150 for an Aspire TC908. Probably have 100+ hours on it, zero decline in performance. Im ok with this.
>>
>>47957296
God, those Knights just look like shit
>>
>>47958034
Homosexual detected.
>>
>>47957296
The Knights look unfinished. Could just be the lighting/pic.
>>
>>47958071
fine upstanding gentleman detected
>>
File: Sad Ork.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Sad Ork.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>47957889
>>47957874
My friend saw the eldar one and decided it was time to drop his orks for a new army. We both played Orks but I had the better army, he says he's so sick of losing he wants to play a good army.
He offered to sell me his old Ork army but it's nothing but trukks, nobs and boyz.

He says he wants as many bikes as possible and the local loonitic moneybags is donating him a wratihknight.
I need to beat his new army somehow and show him the truth power of the WAAAGH, but how do I beat a warithknight as Orks?
>>
>>47957985
not taking that bet. But the problem goes back to removing the "1 per 3" restriction.
>>
>>47957296
Looks like fun, don't mind the rest of the faggots. 95% don't even play the tabletop.
>>
>>47958127
>He offered to sell me his old Ork army but it's nothing but trukks, nobs and boyz.

Laughinggrots.jpg

When will people learn and stop promoting those units to new players.
>>
Still no angels of caliban epub?
>>
>>47958127
Play better.

If his lat army was nothing but trukks, nobs and boyz, you might do that.
>>
>>47958056
>$150
>1/6 horsepower
>Doesn't appear to even have a built in tank
What are you doing? I hope it's silent when it's operating, because that's an awful deal.
>>
>>47958016
...guilty
>>
MANZ in trukk vs battlewagon gon need sum replys ya git
>>
>>47958071
I can hear her, smell her and I've no idea what her interests are, rest is just meat.
>>
>>47958086
It wasnt meant as an insult, dont be so defensive.
>>
>>47958231
MANz in Trukks (Manz Missiles) is ok but you need lots of them so its better for MSU of MANz.
>>
>>47958241
can't
>>
>>47958231
3 Manz - Trukk
5 Manz - Battlewagon

That's how I do it anyway.
>>
>>47957874

What are the rules for the two new boxes?
>>
>>47958260
First I was for MANZ in Trukks, but when I heard this anons suggestion I'm now a /MANZ MISSILE/
>>
>>47958231
MAN in trukk is a missile, if opponent gets turn one you've a good chance of having the ride shot out from under them and leaving them uselessly trying to catch enemies with a 6" move and no run.

Waggons cost three time as much, but is also way tougher.
>>
>>47958231
MANZ in a trukk I say, I also put a megaboss in there as a T5 meat shield to eat melta and lascannons in the face.
>>
>>47958170
It has a built in tank; and more horsepower isnt what you want when you're putting 18 psi through a .25 tip.
But yeah its near silent, its made for airbrushes.

Im aware of harbor freight. Theres a guy at my flgs that uses those compressors. He goes through one every year or so iirc.

The difference between $50 and $150 is inconsequential to me. Im 41 years old and money is not a problem. I wanted a quiet tank made for airbrushing. I can use it while my wife is upstairs asleep.
>>
>>47958156
>>47958127
What's wrong with Nobs, Trukks and Boys?
I was planning on building my Orks like that
>>
>>47957889
>CSM tier now.
CSM are workable.

DEldar have nothing left.
>>
>>47958336
>I also put a megaboss in there as a T5 meat shield to eat melta and lascannons in the face.

That isn't how it works....
>>
>>47958367
Worst unit in the codex
Worst transport in the game
Worst troop unit in the game.

Thats what.

Here is a list of units you should only be thinking of using and buying as Orks.

Warboss
Painboy
Big Mek
Grots
Tankbustas
Mega Armoured Nobz
Warbikers
Warbuggies
Mek Gunz
Battle Wagons

Don't fall for the stupid meme that you should be using Boys and Trukks because you'll just be complaining at the end of the year how much your army sucks.

Optional buys are:

Dakka Jets
Lootas (disputable)
>>
Do some of you ignore the FAQs in casual fun time games? Or do you like whats come out?
>>
>>47958408
I'm ignoring it at the moment because it isn't final draft.

Most of the stuff that has been confirmed is how I've always interpreted it and played anyway (ML and number of spells that can be used, for example) because thats how it was meant to be.
>>
>>47958403
How does a Warboss, pain boy and nob squad (maybe mega nobs?) on bikes sound as a starter? My friend plays them and it's his favorite unit.
>>
>>47958438
Nobs are far too expensive and as I said, worst unit in the codex.

Warboss, Painboy and Warbikers however is the way to go hence in the list I gave you.
>>
>>47958432
For spell casting, I always went with as many casts as long as there's warp charges and no multi casting, like two prescience castings. So a primaris and a spell can be cast in the same phase.
>>
>>47958403
>Warbuggies
>Mek Gunz
>Buying

You mean build.

They are either criminally ugly and too old to pay for or one of the worst point/dollar ratios in the entire game.

A full squad of Mek guns cost less than 300 points but cost as much as a 1000 point army.
>>
>>47958457
>Nobs on bikes
>Warbikers
How the fuck did I miss that?
>>
>>47958403
Lootas are great!
...one third of the time.
Lootas suck!
Lootas are fine.

Orkz is best! Cuz Orkz is made for dice rollin'!
>>
>>47958482
This is what I like about them, they have potential to be good and potential to be horrific more than potential, lets be real I just don't want to spend a ton of money on them.
>>
>>47958391
It is for me, warboss and a painboy to stop them just ID my whole squad.
>>
>>47956666
you sound adorable
>>
>>47958403
>Worst transport in the game
BEST AND CHEAPEST assault transport in the game, the reason everyone dislikes it is because the only units it can carry are the >melee race
>>
>>47958390
covens, most of the fast attack slot.
They are tough to play but can still pull some stuff off. Still pretty weak and very fragile, but some stuff.

CSM on the other hand are simple. They can get up to mediocrity and them be pulled apart by any of the upper tier armies. And even Deldar.
>>
>>47958408
>Do you ignore RAW AND RAI?
Only if we feel sorry for someone (We basically let our poor DEldar guy have an army wide rule allowing all units with the ability to jink, to count as jinking at all times with, no penalties)

Otherwise we follow the rules. You do realize that most of these FAQs didn't change anything, but simply make clarifications for the rules that weren't sufficiently on point, right?

I mean, half of these come as a surprise to me, because we've always played them like this.
>>
>>47958565
Some of them that I read were weird, only one I can remember is grenades in assaults. Was that about assaulting vehicles or other foot dudes?
>>
>>47958482
Lootas have 6+ save and ld7
...all the time!
>>
>>47958606
Put them in cover or something, a lot of Ork players I've seen just use terrain to negate their shitty armor saves.
>>
>>47958606
Loots have bs2
....all the time!
>>
>>47958560
>be pulled apart by any of the upper tier armies. And even Deldar.
Are you legitimately retarded?

Our local CSM player feels sorry for both Orks and post-FAQ DEldar, because they are ultra-shit, to the point where neither army has even a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

CSM are workable. Claiming they aren't is absolutely stupid.
>>
>>47958647
Could just counter with 'no you'
But how is the CSM player winning? What are they doing that works?

And this is in comparison to non-Orks. I won't debate that Orks aren't worse, because they are.
>>
>>47958682
Orks are bad, but are they fun to play against/with?
>>
>>47958631
The issue is that even the cheapest ignore cover weapons ignore 6+ saves as well.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.