[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mutant Chronicles General: Dark Symmetry edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
While we're all familiar with the traditional, Dieselpunk setting of MC I'm curious to hear from DMs and players who have tried out the earlier "Prequel" setting right when the Dark Symmetry is released.

Do your players get pissy when their cool, AI-controlled gear all turns malevolent and starts trying to kill them?

Also, Mutant Chronicles General.
>>
File: 1442283741662.jpg (120 KB, 960x671) Image search: [Google]
1442283741662.jpg
120 KB, 960x671
>we're all familiar with the traditional, Dieselpunk setting of MC

We are?
My only MC experience is from the classics, but I like the concepts of the prequel.
>>
File: 20160531_224252.jpg (167 KB, 735x980) Image search: [Google]
20160531_224252.jpg
167 KB, 735x980
>>47837228
I'm actually GMing a game of MC, running the Dark Symmetry campaign as well in fact. Thus far my players have been enjoying the unfolding chaos of a society getting turned upside down by their own malicious tech. When repercussions turn up on rolls I've been going a bit easy on them though, mostly banking them for dark symmetry points when a fight comes up to fuck with them, giving them environmental complications instead, guns jamming.

Though now that they're investigating the Nines and seeing more and more evidence of the symmetry in action(I've played around with the timeline for SG-39 and FovVH prequel adventures) in the year since they took down Von Holle, and as the campaign progresses things are going to get more and more screwy in terms of their high tech equipment turning on them.

I love Mutant Chronicles, one of my favourite settings around and I'm pretty damn pleased to see it back in circulation with the new edition of the RPG and wargame. Though a problem I have with the system is the abstract economy, I hear it's been gotten rid of entirely for the Infinity RPG, so when that comes out I think I might just adapt the economy system from there.
>>
Humbly requesting MC3 sourcebooks: Dark Soul, White Star, Cartel&Orbitals, Luna & Freelancers.
>>
>>47837761
>>47837761
I got those on my drop box, here have at it.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/efngfqqpygiirou/AACh3vmSi1Gc3tv-tifM5GJ_a?dl=0
>>
>>47837812
Shit, I lie, I didn't load the cartel and luna books in there yet! Fixing that now.
>>
>>47837862
Double shit, a double lie, it was just the luna and freelancers book that I didn't have up, ah well, reminds me to upload the Venusian Apocalypse campaign as well.
>>
>>47837903
Big thanks for all the books! You sir are awesome :)
>>
>>47837937
No worries, the other two should be in the folder now.
>>
Yes they are there :) Thank you!
>>
File: 96nNylH.jpg (95 KB, 625x783) Image search: [Google]
96nNylH.jpg
95 KB, 625x783
>>47837953
>>
>>47837228
I've bought a few of the books with the intention of running Dark Symmetry at some point. I really like the look of the system, unfortunately my group is backlogged with the amount of systems/scenarios that we want to play at the minute so it's likely it will be a long time before I get around to it.

>>47837812
Thanks, you're the real hero here.
>>
>>47837228
I am preparing to DM a game of this. My players and I finished the Haarlocke's Legacy campaign and are still a bit burned out on 40k but liked the "Horror in Space" feel to it.

After reading this book and getting a feel for the setting, MC has a few elements that I like quite a bit more than 40k. For one, the lack of Super-soldiers. Yes, there are soldiers like the Doomtroopers or the Venusian Rangers who have extensive training, but they're still just people. People who are trying to defend their fellow human beings as best they can and volunteered for the program (for the most part). I find it a lot easier to sympathize with the Capitol Commando facing down the Dark Legion with a machine gun and a claymore than a Space Marine. After all, the Commando is still human, he might have a wife and kids back on Mars.

The Space Marine lives for nothing BUT fighting and praying. All the Astartes wankery is really an albatross around 40k's neck when you try to translate the setting into Roleplaying and it's refreshing to see a setting similar in spirit to 40k, but more conducive to roleplaying.
>>
>>47837228
So, is there any good mood music for Mutant Chronicles? I tried the movie soundtrack, but that's just PAINFULLY generic.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.