[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army List Building General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: ALGB.png (87 KB, 559x421) Image search: [Google]
ALGB.png
87 KB, 559x421
Because the other generals are cluttered, and forums are too slow. AoS, 40k, etc. all welcome. Post your army list or idea for an army list below.

General List Building Advice: https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Listbuilding_101

Some Dos and Don'ts of this thread:

DO:
- Post what you want to do with your list (tournament, casual, etc.)
- Post the points limit
- Post the total cost of each model (for characters) or unit
- List the upgrades a unit has taken
- List the dedicated transports a unit has taken
- Clearly identify which detachment/formation each unit belongs to

DON'T:
- Post the individual cost break down for each upgrade
- Post the individual stats of a unit
- Copy the list directly from battle scribe (or equivalent)
- List ALL the war gear/special rules a model/unit has
- List all the command benefits a individual detachment has
>>
I was kicking around the idea of running a Sister of Battle/Legion of the Damned army, and making it sort of a Heaven and Hell theme. So lots of Seraphim and Celestine on the Sisters side of things with Legion dropping in and providing fire support. Does anyone think this would be viable at 1500 pts?
>>
>>47813134

LotD are basically just 3++ deep striking ignores cover SoB. SoB have so much melta that LotD really don't have a super necessary job. You might be better off just going pure SoB or taking a Librarius Conclave to give key SoB melta squads Ignores Cover, Deep Strike, Invisibility, and a 4++.
>>
Trying to find a solid start for a Nurgle "Deamonkin" list.

+++ NDK (1848pts) +++

++ Chaos Daemons CAD ++

+ HQ +

Great Unclean One [Balesword, Epidemia, Psyker Level 3]

+ Troops +

2x3 Nurglings

2x10 Plaguebearers

+ Fast Attack +

1xBlight Drone of Nurgle

2x3Plague Drones [Deaths heads]

++ (CSM The Purge) ++

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle [ML3 Psyker, Power Armour, Black Mace, Warlord, Wings]

+ Elites +

2x7 Plague Marines [2x Flamer, Champion, 1x Combi-flamer]

+ Heavy Support +

Plague Hulk [Iron claw]
>>
>>47811050
I wanna play genestealer cult now that they're officially an army again. Does anyone have a good 1k list for them?
>>
>>47816753
They're an army again?
>>
File: Genestealer_Patriarch_Cult.jpg (2 MB, 1871x2691) Image search: [Google]
Genestealer_Patriarch_Cult.jpg
2 MB, 1871x2691
>>47817287
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Deathwatch/40k-rules-deathwatch-en.pdf

more like a detachment that can also function as an army I guess. But yeah, they've got miniatures and rules now.
>>
++ RENEGADES AND HERETICS CAD - 1500 POINTS ++

++ HQ ++

Arch-Demagogue [Carapace Armour, Power First and Hellpistol]

Command Squad [Banner of Hate, Missile Launcher team, krak grenades and Command Net Vox]

Two Renegade Enforcers [bolt pistol, carpace armour and combat drug injectors]

++TROOPS++

Ten man Grenadier Squad [Carapace Armour, Covenant of Khorne, Chaos Sigil, Meltagun and Chimera]

Infantry Platoon
- 10 man command squad [Carapace Armour on Demagogue, flak armour and command net vox]
- two twenty man squads [Vox-Caster, flak armour and Covenant of Khorne each]
- two twenty man squads [Covenant of Nurgle, vox caster, flak armour and two flamers each]

++ HEAVY SUPPORT ++

Tank Squadron
- Leman Russ Punisher [heavy flamer and heavy stubber]
- Two Leman Russ Battle Tanks [lascannon hull weapon on each]

r8 m8s, not made a list in a while so this probably isn't all too great
>>
>>47817331
Pretty cool stuff. The genestealer side of the set is well balanced, but most of the DW stuff is overpriced. The Genestealer formation is also standard powerful, while the DW strikes me as a neutral or negative as it forces bikes and shit to move slowly.

Biggest trouble the list has is the total lack of options. It wouldn't take much homebrewing to make something workable for it:

Neophyte Hybrids - 8-20 per squad, 5pts each
1 special weapon per 4 models, up to half of which r.d. may be heavy weapons
Grenade Launcher - 5pts each
Mining Laser - 20pts each

Acolyte Hybrids - 4-16 per squad, 7pts each, unit total points is rounded up to nearest 5

Genestealers - 2-5 per squad, 15pts each

Aberrant Hulks - 2-5 per squad, 35pts each, any combination of weapons possible

Add options for power weapons to the Magos and Primus (10pts for former, 15pts for latter), and treat the Patriarch just as-is.

But that's homebrewing and so it won't fly in a club.
>>
>>47820059
IIRC they count as tyranids and as such can ally with them safely, and only tyranids.

at any rate it's a very flavorful detachment, and I'm wondering if there are any good synergies with the nid codex. (Since you want the detachment bonus, and all the HQ choices are unique, so if you take the detachment then you can't add any further miniatures)
>>
>>47820142
Yeh that's pretty great as an option for a Tyranid list. The anon the brought it up was asking about it as a standalone 1K however, which it can do okay but in a limited and quite predictable fashion.
>>
How do I bring the MOST amount of riptides in an 1850 match
I need this for reasons
>>
>>47822012

Riptide Wing is literally just 3 Riptides. Take two of those, since I don't think you have enough points for 9 Riptides, then take 1 cheap HQ like Darkstrider, 2 minimum sized FW squads, and 2 more Riptides.
>>
>>47819487
Looks good overall, but I'd drop the two Khorne infantry squads. Renegade guard aren't likely to survive long enough to get into melee range unless they're fighting someone like Orks (who will usually beat them in melee anyway). If you want some badass melee units for your army, I'd recommend Ogryn Brutes instead.
>>
File: pacrimnewfan.jpg (562 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
pacrimnewfan.jpg
562 KB, 1920x1200
>>47822012
>reasons
>>
Orky speed army.
Whatcha fink, /tg/?
Painboy, big mek in the mekboy junka.

Tankbustas and lootas in the big trakks without the supa kannon.

+++ New Roster (1850pts) +++

++ Orks: Codex (2014) (Ork Great Waaagh! Detachment) ++

+ HQ +

Big Mek [Choppa, Gubbinz: Mega Force Field, HQ, Mek's Tools, Shokk Attack Gun, Stikkbombs]
Mekboy Junka (FW) [3x Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, Grot Riggers, Turbo-charga, Turret-mounted Junka Shokk Attack Gun]

Painboy ['Urty Syringe, Dok's Tools, 3x Grot Orderly, HQ]

+ Elites +

Burna Boyz
8x Burna Boy [8x Burna, 8x Stikkbombs]

Tankbustas
12x Tankbusta [12x Rokkit launcha, 12x Stikkbombs, 12x Tankbusta Bombs]

+ Troops +

Boyz
Boss Nob [Power Klaw, Slugga, Stikkbombs]
10x Boy [10x Choppa, 10x Slugga, 10x Stikkbombs]
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Boyz
Trukk [Big Shoota]

Boyz
Trukk [Big Shoota]

+ Heavy Support +

Big Trakks (FW)
Big Trakk [2x Big Shoota, Supa-kannon]

Big Trakks (FW)
Big Trakk [2x Big Shoota, 2x Grot Sponson, Supa-kannon]
Big Trakk [2x Big Shoota, 2x Grot Sponson]
Big Trakk [2x Big Shoota, 2x Grot Sponson]

Lootas
11x Loota [11x Deffgun, 11x Stikkbombs]
Mek [Choppa, Kustom Mega-blasta, Mek's Tools, Stikkbombs]
>>
File: 1463803293664.jpg (61 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1463803293664.jpg
61 KB, 600x450
hey. Im running Guard and im trying to increase my Infantry effectiveness on the field. I am taking one Lord commissar already. how many more Commissars should i be taking?
army has three Lemons.
Two Chimeras
One Taurox
two sentinels
A hydra
Valkyrie gunship
and guard squads for days.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.