[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinobi Quest #16
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: naruto_konoha_symbol-t2.jpg (26 KB, 510x330) Image search: [Google]
naruto_konoha_symbol-t2.jpg
26 KB, 510x330
Shinobi Quest #16

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

http://pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi%20Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and friends set out from the Valley of the End towards the Land of Hot Springs. Along the way, they discovered a village under attack by frightening monsters that nobody present had ever seen. The creatures cut a bloody swathe through the village, seemingly killing the peasants at random; all while exulting their master- someone called Lord Orochimaru. Opting to not get involved, the shinobi party fled towards Yugakure, the stop for the night. Tsuki and Hinata both seemed to suffer from horrible dreams….

The next day, the team headed towards Reisui Village, home of the client and the victims of the bandits you were to hunt. Reaching the village without incident, Tsuki was able to gather information from a fruit merchant, at the price of a pouch full of fruit. Returning to the others, a plan was formed to lure out the bandits-
>>
“Forward, peasants! Onward towards Yugakure! The Norihime Family doesn’t pay you to simply idle around!”

Lee and Guy immediately begin to pull the cart. Guy seems like he’s enjoying himself, while Lee is loudly huffing and puffing as he struggles to keep pace with his sensei.

“Faster! Faster! 10,000 Ryo for you both if we make it there before nightfall! Ohohohohohohoho!~”

The speed at which Lee and Guy are pulling increases, and you begin thundering down the southern road….

------------------------------------

The plan seems to be going well- at least, you’re having fun. You haven’t run into any bandits, but you’re sure the plan is foolproof. How could they resist?
Sakura and Hinata seem to be enjoying themselves, playing at being your “ladies-in-waiting”, and taking a moment now and again to tease Sasuke as he drives the carriage- you join in as well. He deserves it for grumbling.

Nori is peering out the window; she doesn’t seem particularly interested in the fun. Maybe she’s focused on the mission, or maybe it’s something else?

You…

1. Ask Nori what’s on her mind
2. Leave her be, be on alert.
3. Continue to tease Sasuke with Hinata and Sakura
>>
>>47882144
>1. Ask Nori what’s on her mind
>>
>>47882144
Occasionally tease the sauce.
>>
>>47882144
>2. Leave her be, be on alert
>>
>>47882144
>>
>>47882144
>>
>>47882144
>>
Chatting up the Nori.

Writing.
>>
>>47882144
>3. Continue to tease Sasuke with Hinata and Sakura

Bully him for Danzo.
>>
File: 9IiNH.png (291 KB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
9IiNH.png
291 KB, 500x546
You decide to leave Hinata and Sakure to it- they’ve got him under control.

You shuffle around a bit so you’re sitting on Nori’s side of the carriage.

“Hey, what’s up? You usually love teasing people. I figured you’d jump at the chance to take Sensei’s brother down a notch.” you say with a smile.

“Hm? Oh, yeah. Normally I would. I’m just kinda pondering over what you and Hinata were talking about. I didn’t see it, but I can’t help but thinking, was it the right thing to do? Just leaving those people to die like that? I’m sure my dad would’ve rushed in to save them, acting the hero. That would be very like him.”

You respond…

1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…
2. We had a mission to complete.
3. It wouldn’t have mattered- not against what you saw.
4. You’re right, maybe we should tried to help…
>Write-In
>>
>>47882633
> We aren't exactly on the Fourth's level...
> And we have a mission to complete...
> But maybe you're right
>>
>>47882633
>2. We had a mission to complete.
But
>3. It wouldn’t have mattered- not against what you saw.
>>
>>47882633
Village comes first Nori
>>
>>47882633
>1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…
>>
>>47882633

>5.We'd only have been a liability out there.
>>
>>47882633
>We're Genin. If we'd jumped in, we'd be forcing our Sensei to try and win the fight...we can't save everyone. I...don't want to lose another Sensei...
>>
>>47882633
>>
>>47882633
>1. We aren’t exactly on the Fourth’s level…>2. We had a mission to complete.
>>
>>47882633

This order, deadpan.
>>
>>47882633
>Write-In
"Right? I don't know. I didn't like leaving those people, but we wouldn't have stood a chance against those creatures as we are now. Just got to get stronger right?"
>>
Mixture of 1, 2 & 3

Writing.
>>
>>47882633

"It was a shitty situation. If we went in there not all us were going to make it back. That's why we are getting stronger yeah?"
>>
Nori's Hot Dad list:
Shikaku
Inoichi
Our dad

Way too formal:
Fugaku
Hiashi

Lol:
Chōza
>>
File: 7E2FsyWB.jpg (49 KB, 461x900) Image search: [Google]
7E2FsyWB.jpg
49 KB, 461x900
“You didn’t see those things, Nori. I’m sure Itachi-sensei and Guy could’ve beaten some of them- but there were so many… we would’ve been a liability. I won’t ever be one again, Nori. Besides, if any of us got hurt, we wouldn’t have been able to complete our mission. Maybe if we were the Fourth’s level, we could run in and play hero- but I’m more worried about our survival. That includes you too, Nori.” You explain.

She frowns.

“Yeah, I know. I shouldn’t have doubted what Itachi-sensei said. You’re all about the mission, at any rate. I get it, they’re important, but we should try to help folks to, you know? That’s being human. That’s what Naruto says anyway.”

You can’t say you agree with that philosophy- you just hope that her brother’s propensity towards action over caution doesn’t get him killed one day.

“They’re here” Sasuke growls from the front of the carriage- this causes both you and Nori to snap out of your dreary conversation.

“Hold there, travelers! If you’re coming along the southern road, surely you know of the toll that must be paid?” You hear a voice say outside.

You…

1. Let Sasuke handle the talking
2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.
>>
>>47883198
>2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.

Like were not going to play this character every chance we get
>>
>>47883198
>>
>>47883198
2. Step out of the carriage to talk to the ruffians.
>>
>>47883198
Maximum Ohohoho, but send a clone not actually ourselves just in case they take a cheap shot
>>
>>47883198
>>
>>47883198
>2
Ask Sauske if he want's to burn some of that stress he's been building and Follow our Clone to talk with the bandit.
>>
>>47883198
>3. Send out a clone to talk to the Ruffians
>>
>>47883198
> A toll? What toll? Ew, Tai, someone, get a blanket, I don't want to get my shoes muddy. Oh, and prep the tea, I want tea. You were saying about the toll?
Make us seem cushy as possible and then we can kick their asses.
>>
>>47883384
Seconding this. We are weak and adorable. Bathe in their blood later
>>
I hope we are wearing a glove so if they kiss our hand in an attempt to smooth talk us we can take it off and burn it, filthy, disgusting, unclean peasants.
>>
Time for ohohohoho

Writing
>>
>>47883526
But using a Shadow Clone right?
>>
>>47883546
We'll be fine. If anything, they're going to kidnap us for ransom, not randomly shoot us.
>>
>>47883602
I don't want to be a hostage. Besides, they might be missing nin.
>>
>>47883626
We already found out they're regular dudes, just well-armed with our dad's tech
>>
>>47883198
backing
>>47883384
>>
>>47883626
Let me rephrase. They're going to TRY and kidnap us for ransom, then fail utterly because we're a ninja surrounded by a bunch of other ninja.
>>
>>47883792
Remember what happened on the last 'Easy' mission?
>>
>>47883882
Don't be a paranoid schizophrenic, Anon. The statistical likelihood of that happening is next to none. Guy and Itchie are right next to us in or on the carriage, so there should not be a problem.
>>
File: BAMyKzgh.jpg (68 KB, 609x900) Image search: [Google]
BAMyKzgh.jpg
68 KB, 609x900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSAp991JIVs

Before Sasuke has time to speak, the act takes over.

“Oh dear, Ko, have we been waylaid? Whatever is the matter?” You say, pouring it on as thick as you dare.

“Yes, Milady. They say there is a toll.” Sasuke responds somewhat in-character, to his credit.

“A toll? Oh my. Put the tea on, Ko. I shall speak to these men- ladies, if you would.”

Sakura, Hinata and Nori all exit the carriage, spreading a large sheet on the bare earth.

It’s Sakura that announces you- good girl.

“Make way for her ladyship, the heiress of the glorious Norihime Conglomerate! Bow your heads, peasants, you stand before royalty! Mistress Tsuki, we await thee.”

“Not before my tea, dear. Ohohohohoho!~” you retort. You’re probably enjoying this a little too much.

Sasuke appears nearby the door, holding a teacup you bought from the inn. Surprisingly, there’s actual tea in the cup, and it looks hot.

Might as well get this show going…

You wrap a furry scarf around yourself, and don a pair of sheer black gloves- again, bought using your travel funds- and take a step down off the carriage. Sasuke offers up the tea, and you take the cup. The girls all kneel before you, and Sasuke bows.

“Now, I understand you folks mentioned some toll?” you say haughtily. Looking at them, they definitely look the part of highwaymen- and you can see some of the kunai launchers strapped to their backs.

“Why yes ma’am, we-”

“Ah-ah, peasant. Not before I’ve had a drink to soothe my aching throat. Very uncouth, making a lady come all this way.” you say, holding up a single finger.

The men seem totally confused- good.
>>
>>47883958
>You’re probably enjoying this a little too much.

NOT NEARLY ENOUGH!
>>
File: _R0kl7OY.jpg (64 KB, 597x900) Image search: [Google]
_R0kl7OY.jpg
64 KB, 597x900
You take a drink of the tea- it tastes utterly vile. He’ll need to work on that. But a lady doesn’t spit.

You swallow the liquid, then look at the men expectantly.

“Well, come on then. I don’t have all day. Out with it!” you say, turning up the heat.

“W-well you see, we’re here collecting the toll for the upkeep of the southern road….” the man in front starts- you tune him out. Looking around, you see about 10 other men, in various positions around the carriage. Not enough.

“Upkeep? Surely you don’t mean to charge me for using this track of dirt! Look at my poor manservants!” you say, pointing to Guy and Lee, who are both shirtless. When did that happen?

“Ko, you were right! These northern folk, they have very odd senses of humor! Ohohohohohoho!~” you laugh.

You see Itachi-sensei circling overhead.

The men look to each other, obviously still flummoxed about what to do.

What to do…

1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.
2. Order the attack! You tire of these games.
>Write-in
>>
>>47884005
>1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.
Too funny.
>>
>>47884005
1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position.
>>
>>47884005
Actually, what we're doing is seeing how long we can milk it before someone just calls bullshit. A test in acting ability!
>>
>>47884005

Also
>That fucking star & blue fire coat

The best!
>>
>>47884005

Is there really even a choice?
>>
>>47884005
>>
>>47884005
The answer is obviously

>1. Extend the act. Give more time for everyone to get in position

We don't get to Ohohoho~! nearly enough for an Ojousama of our fine breeding, so we must relish this opportunity.
>>
>>47884005
> Extend it a little longer. Ask him where they got those lovely little spike-flingers on their backs - oh, kunai, you say? I could have sworn they were called spikeys, I'm so sorry. Ko, are they really called kunai? Oh, dear me. Anyways, my family does a great deal of business with gentlemen such as yourselves, with our spike-flingers, and I'd like to make you an offer you can't refuse...
Just act like we think he's part of the official guard around these parts or something. Get up close and do lots of hand gestures like Billy Mays and such. When the time's right stab him or kick him in the balls.
>>
>>47884005
>>
Get ready to catch a kunai thats gonna get launched at us or our boy servent saus....Ko. Wink at our comrades, we got this shit down
>>
Extending~
>>
>>47884005
>>
>>47884005
>>
By the way, whats our play here... I propose We hold wad of cash out with a few explosive tags in it. As they set away blow'em sky high then start attacking as burning money rains from the sky...No price can be put on style.
>>
>>47884249
I was thinking we'd just shiv him when we got close and then everyone could jump the rest.
>>
File: 1465274662708.png (909 KB, 1357x767) Image search: [Google]
1465274662708.png
909 KB, 1357x767
Might as well have some more fun at these idiots’ expense.

“A-all the same miss-” the front man starts.

“Tut! Manners, you ruffian! Did your mother never teach how to address one so far above yourself? You may address me as Norihime-sama, or Heiress, if you prefer.” you say whilst scowling, casting your gaze down the bridge of your nose to these men.

“Heiress, then. All the same, heiress, the toll is mandated by the Land of Hot Springs- 25% of all material wealth carried with intent to do business.” a different, larger man says, stepping forward.

You see Lee and Guy have freed themselves from the carriage, and are stretching.

Only a little more.

“Ohohohohohohohohohoho!~” you laugh, only partially feigning the laughter.

“That is a really bad deal, you cretins. Here, let the prodigy of the Norihime Conglomerate show you how business is done!”

You make an act of looking over your carriage, very slowly. As you do, you make eye contact with each member of your entourage, and wink- Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata… and Nori, who’s barely holding in her laughter.

You see Itachi-sensei land in the distance- none of the men seem to notice.

Finally, you appear before the men again- you can tell at this point they’re really bristling.

“I’ve decided what I’m going to pay you lot…..” you say, holding the silence for effect.

“Nothing! Ohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho!~”

The men stand there for a moment, dumbstruck.

Now is your chance!

How do you wish to press the attack?

1. Up close for a surprise attack!
2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!
3. Stay back and use jutsu and kunai to attack!
4. Play support and go where needed!
>>
>>47884535
>>
>>47884535
>2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!
>>
>>47884535
>4. Play support and go where needed!
>>
>>47884535
Best we can do right now
>>
>>47884535
> Play support
Feels like what Tsuki would do, being team mom and all. And after what our last few encounters have entailed.
>>
>>47884535
>>
>>47884535
>2. Stay mid-range to support with your fan and kunai!
>>
>>47884535
>>
>>47884535
>>
>>47884535
3. Stay back and use jutsu and kunai to attack!
4. Play support and go where needed!
>>
>>47884535
>>
Playing Support.

Writing.

Roll For Personal Combat Effectiveness!
(1d100, first 5)
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
You know I kinda like the idea that, only Sauske and Utachi really see's through our act, that we may indeed be as proper as they come, but he can see behind it all, its an exuberant act to throw people off.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
Rolled 5 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
File: 1453561547013.jpg (147 KB, 499x642) Image search: [Google]
1453561547013.jpg
147 KB, 499x642
Rolled 25 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
Rolled 30 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
Holy shit these rolls....
>>
File: 1353772763418.png (75 KB, 193x243) Image search: [Google]
1353772763418.png
75 KB, 193x243
>>47884749
>>47884767
>>47884774
>>47884776
>>47884779
>>
>>47884749
>>47884767
>>47884774
>>47884776
>>47884779
That's kind of impressive actually.
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>47884744
>>
Is there such thing as fate points...we really need fate points.
>>
Going to be completely honest here, if one roll decides that we fuck this up... That's kind of dumb for exactly this reason.
>>
>>47884749
>>47884767
>>47884774
>>47884776
>>47884779

We won another dead sensei!
>>
This is personal when facing regular dudes with gear. Hopefully they don't need that much support.
>>
>>47884803
No we don't. I hate whenever anon fails in a best of 3/5 on d100s where the odds are always in your favor someone says we need fucking fate points. We win a majority of our rolls.
>>
>>47884803
Don't be a little bitch.
>>
>>47884835
Except we haven't. Our rolls are fucking awful.
>>
>>47884857
Averages nigger. Are you dumb? Shit happens.
>>
>>47884857
This set is awful. A huge number of other rolls are just fine, because the average of best of 3 on d100 is 78 or something.
>>
>>47884835
Tell that to Ebisu.
>>
>>47884857
Confirmation bias. You conveniently forget the times we get 80+ cause its a simple 'We pass yay!' but you remember the bad ones more cause those have lingering negative effects.

>>47884885
Exactly. You only remember Ebisu. So now you want an easier mode for our already easy-ish mode.
>>
>>47884803
Its naruto... obviously we don't get fate points, we get flashback points where we get to describe how the fuckup was actually the intended outcome
>>
>>47884907
No news is good news, and vice versa
>>
Gai is here
Lee is here
Sauceman is here
Nori is like at least half a jinchuuriki

the enemies are fuckwit bandits in the asshole of the world

worst case scenario Tsuki's self esteem take a hit from not being helpful enough.
>>
>>47885045
Worst case Tsuki trips and falls on her own kunai and dies.
>>
>>47885045

Yeah.

Fags like >>47885070 keep really overreacting to bad rolls.
>>
>>47885070
Maybe if we rolled five 1s
>>
DC:40 Failure!

You decide that you’ll play support- after starting the battle with a bang.

“Boys, boys. I know what you’re thinking- we’ll just take the money from her! She’s just a little girl!” you condescend, walking towards the large man with more swagger than you once thought yourself capable of.

As the man looks down at you, you continue.

“But! I implore you not to underestimate me! I am the prodigy of the Norihime clan! I am Tsuki Norihime! You peasants should-”

The man backhands you- hard. You tumble to ground, but as you do, you see everyone else spring into motion. Your head is spinning; everything seems a blur to you. You hear the sounds of combat all around you- and finally, you pick yourself up.

Seems you missed out on almost the entire fight.

As you ready yourself, you see Lee and Guy finish off the last of the bandits. Nori runs over to you- “Hey! Princess! You alright? I think you may have overdone it a little bit….” she says, showing actual concern.

“Yeah, I’m alright. Looks like everything else went according to plan, though.” you mumble.

Hinata and Sakura, noticing you’re awake, run over and begin to coo over you like actual maids. You shoo them off- you want to see the big guy.

He’s knocked out- face bloodied nearly beyond recognition. You wonder who did that?

Finally the group recollects- Itachi-sensei says that all of the bandits have either been neutralized or incapacitated.

“Are you alright, Tsuki?” Itachi asks with obvious concern.

“I just got a little overzealous, that’s all.” you pout.

It’s come time to interrogate your prisoners-
How do you wish to do so?

1. Torture them, vile pigs.
2. Standard interrogation process.
3. Quick and Easy- have Itachi do it.
>>
File: 1466293103676.jpg (65 KB, 555x503) Image search: [Google]
1466293103676.jpg
65 KB, 555x503
>>47885081
Meh. Dad has enough money to pay for True Resurrection.
>>
>>47885102
>1. Torture them, vile pigs.
>>
>>47885102
>3. Quick and Easy- have Itachi do it.

see the sharingan in action
>>
>>47885102
>2. Standard interrogation process
I'm betting Lee or Guy messed him up.
>>
>>47885102
>2. Standard interrogation process.
Lets see how we do. If we need to we can bring in Itachi.
>>
>>47885102
>>
>>47885102
Feathers to the feet! Slightly too salty water to the eyes! Snapping rubber bands to the ba- eyes!
>>
>>47885102
>>
>>47885102
>4. Ask Itachi to walk you through the process of genjutsu-oriented interrogations.
>>
>>47885102

Nobody gets away with slapping Tsuki
>>
>>47885102
And yeah, ask for genjutsu interrogation tips.
>>
>>47885102
Now...please tel me all you know....

Laugh about what happened and smile, let them know we're fine and we got a little too into it. Make a joke to Sasuke about "see I didn't get all the fun, i'm probably the only person who got struck."
>>
>>47885152
>Wanting to learn genjutsu

Without specials eyes its useless
>>
File: barks_internally.jpg (62 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
barks_internally.jpg
62 KB, 500x447
This will be remembered as the time Tsuki got taken out by non-chakra users.
>>
>>47885168
Screw that we gonna get us some lazer beam eyes!
>>
>>47885180
>taken out
>>
>>47885102
most effective and least dirty method.
>>
>>47885180
ask Lee for some pointers
>>
File: 1392098292825.png (244 KB, 728x745) Image search: [Google]
1392098292825.png
244 KB, 728x745
>>47885168
>>
>>47885168

It's not.

Sharingans just boost it to super good levels.

It's still good by itself.
>>
>>47885180
We just got slapped nigga. We got up less than a minute later. Christ so many overreactions in this thread.
>>
>>47885209

Shadowrunning is a huge mistake.
>>
>>47885102
>>
>>47885221
It always is.
>>
>>47885189
>>47885209
>Your head is spinning; everything seems a blur to you. You hear the sounds of combat all around you- and finally, you pick yourself up.
>Seems you missed out on almost the entire fight.
Sounds to me like Tsuki got whacked pretty good.
>>
so... Tsuki's pretty much a glass cannon but all our best cannon shots are underwraps cause we don't want to show off our release yet... whats our next best offense? great fireball? Either way we should do something so we can take at least one hit.
>>
>>47885195
Prove it anon , all of the best techniques are really only usable if you have special eyes

>>47885201
Its not that useful though everyone is taught how to get out of them and most people know when their in one
>>
>>47885209
Like 5 seconds latter. Fuck Guy could have taken 12 out himself in that amount of time. We have him Fucking Itachi plus like 4 genin. And Sakura I guess.
>>
>>47885232
You do know that is because our highest roll was a fucking 30 right?
>>
>>47885102

Torture is unprofessional, also it tends to produce false information.
Also it's unfashionable.
>>
>>47885228

It's also shit when some QMs (Cosgrove, Humble Storyteller, etc.) encourage that.
>>
>>47885230
The entire fight took like a minute. Come on its Guy and Itachi.

The fact that a 12 year old girl took a grown man's hit to the face and walked off with mostly our pride wounded is a feat in itself.
>>
>>47885238
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Boruto%20Quest

Proof positive genjutsu is fine even with out Sue eyes.
>>
>>47885102
Smile and let eveyone know things are ok. Go thank Lee for "avenging" us, it was very kind and we owe him one.

Have alough about getting a little too into the act, If Sauske makes a snarky comment slyly smile at him and remind him that by doing this he still has no idea what we can do where as we have now seen some of him.

>Let him think twas all apart of the plan
>>
>>47885230
Or she was dazed for a few seconds. You forget who our company is.
>>
>>47885260
yeah, but still some sort of roll modifier would be nice to aim for yeah? to help mitigate future roll sets like this. Though I suspect it would take a lot of work to gain a +10 combat modifier
>>
> Roll badly
> Get stomped
Oh, yes, let's look at this single confrontation as a true test of all of our abilities.
>>
>>47885325
Or maybe we just got super unlucky and have still had hardly any real combat. Higher stamina is just gonna mean lower DCs relative to what we are fighting.
>>
File: 1402074296260.gif (1 MB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1402074296260.gif
1 MB, 450x300
>>47885325
The DC was adjusted. Its like a roll mod but you don't have to worry about typing the right modifiers.
>>
File: ferbus.png (347 KB, 620x415) Image search: [Google]
ferbus.png
347 KB, 620x415
if you want Tsuki to git gud at fighting

then work on getting swole and improving your fisticuffs
>>
>>47885230
We have Gai and Itachi.
The fight duration would have been measured in single digit seconds.
>>
>>47885390
Thats what the puppet is for anon
>>
>>47885403
>not controlling the puppet through flexing

do you even lift?
>>
still what has Tsuki done in combat so far, made shadow clones and... fired one or two arrows? and now this.
it just feels a bit weird I guess.
>>
Having Itachi-sensei do it.

Writing.

She just got her bell rung when she wasn't expecting it you goofballs. I think you guys forget just how fresh Tsuki and the girls are, still. This is literally the second time they've been in real combat
>>
>>47885403
Hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>47885439

See >>47885443
>>
>>47885439
How many combats have we been in?
>>47885443
Exactly
>>
>>47885443
you mean the protagonist isn't an unfeeling combat-machine receptacle for our actions? unacceptable, I am unfollowing this quest 100 times!!!!!1
>>
>>47885462
>>47885464
I'm too used to having a slightly overpowered mc by about 10 threads in I guess. Thinking about it that is pretty common in the quests i've read, i'll just have to adjust and ignore my urge to powerlevel.
>>
>>47885510
This is Naruto still, we will have all the git gud time in the world later.
>>
>>47885510
We were shit in the Boruto quest for a long, long time
>>
>>47885524
true true, plus actually playing a glass cannon could be fun for a change of pace and it kinda fits the princess theme.
>>
File: OnlyLegitimatePuppetUse.jpg (157 KB, 700x979) Image search: [Google]
OnlyLegitimatePuppetUse.jpg
157 KB, 700x979
>>47885403
Oh shit. You are serious aren't you?
>>
>>47885535
up until the tournament arc were we literally almost killed ourselves training I believe.
>>
>>47885535
boruto I archive binged so it didn't feel as long, but looking back yeah, takeshi did take a while to git gud, though it at least makes sense for him since he's the one normal ninja in a generation of ninja eugenic marysue's
>>
>>47885576
Laze's quest was supposed to be the same but we went full DBZ MC real quick as far as competency goes
>>
>>47885656
Also didn't need to roll so he almost always won.

Cept for relationships ;^)
>>
File: Itachi's_Sharingan.png (682 KB, 1912x1079) Image search: [Google]
Itachi's_Sharingan.png
682 KB, 1912x1079
“Itachi-sensei, could I borrow you for a moment?” you say sweetly.

Both him and Sasuke walk over, finishing whatever conversation they were having.

“Nice one there, “Prodigy”.” Sasuke says with a smile on his face.

“All a part of the plan, “Ko”.” you respond, smile only just touching saccharine levels. “I gotta keep you guessing. Can’t have the little brother knowing all of my secrets! Ohohohohoho!~”

It did hurt, though. Danzo was right- never underestimate your opponents.

“Itachi-sensei, could you interrogate this big one for me? Your special eyes will do it better than I ever could.” you say, choosing to ignore whatever Sasuke said in response.

“Fine, it will be quicker that way. We will need to get moving towards the base eventually anyway.” he says.

He walks over the mess of man, and prys his eyes open. You see his sharingan activate- the bright iris, contrasted by the black tomoe. It’s the first time you’ve ever seen a sharingan; you’re a little intimidated by it.

After a matter of moments, Itachi-sensei breaks eye contact, and walks back over to you.
“Their base is to the southwest- there are a series of caverns that actually lead under the border wall. Luckily, the big one was a platoon leader of sorts, so the route is very clear. Now, what should we do with the survivors?”

1. Disable them, take their weapons.
2. Kill the remainder, take their weapons.
3. Disable them, destroy the weapons.
4. Kill the remainder, destroy the weapons.
>Write-in
>>
>>47885816
>4. Kill the remainder, destroy the weapons
>>
>>47885816
>1. Disable them, take their weapons.
>>
>>47885816
>4. Kill the remainder, destroy the weapons.

She get the bloodlust

Just like Columbus.

She get the bloodlust.

She get murderous on purpose.
>>
>>47885816
>2. Kill the remainder, take their weapons.
Standard procedure for thugs, yeah? This type doesn't usually learn and would only harass others later. We were paid to stop these brigade and we should do the best job, we are of high quality afterall.

Plus we should take the weapons for study and possible use.
>>
>>47885816
>>
>>47885816
>4. Kill the remainder, destroy the weapons.
>>
>>47885816
WE need ot examine the weapons guys, Remember our Norihime Genius, We can instantly identify any Norihime invention.
>>
>>47885816
I guess
> Disable them, destroy their weapons
Why is this our decision? We're just some genin.
>>
>>47885816
>Kill the remainder, take their weapons.
Take care of threats
>>
>>47885816
>3. Disable them, destroy the weapons.
>>
>>47885816
SOP, right?
>>
>>47885816
>3. Disable them, destroy the weapons.
>>
>>47885872
He's asking your opinion, not asking for direction. Probably could've made that clearer.
>>
>>47885816
>>3. Disable them, destroy the weapons.
After we restock or take a senbon launcher/arm thing for ourselves after all. Plus...if they are dads, we're disposing of evidence.
>>
>>47885816
>>
>>47885816
>>
File: nature's pefect killer.png (50 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nature's pefect killer.png
50 KB, 500x500
I can't really see anybody else in the team going for the "kill the bastards" route
>>
>>47885816
>>
>>47885965
I can never figure out how it works in the Naruto universe.

We are ninja, trained killers. But its also an idealistic shonen. Shit is confusing.
>>
>>47885965
Time to toughen then all up everyone has to kill one of them so no one locks up when they kill someone in battle
>>
>>47885816
>1. Disable them, take their weapons.
It's one thing to kill people in battle, but prisoners should be judged by whatever passes for a court in this world. We're magic mercenaries not judges.
>>
>>47885975
It WAS idealistic shonen....

Kill'em dead, take their shit

Writing
>>
>>47885989
There is a pretty big difference between killing people in combat and killing unarmed prisoners.

>>47885996
But I guess we don't care.
>>
>>47885995
>We should take them to court

Its easier and quicker to just kill them which would probably be the end result in this world
>>
>>47885996
>>47886004
Yep seems quite out of character. But whatever, tg wants sociopathic 12 year olds.
>>
>>47886004
>>47885989
We already murdered people, back when we protected that one guy from those bandit dudes before Ebisu's Glorious Explosion Self-Sacrifice no Jutsu or whatever the fuck. No need to be edgy, as everyone seems to want to be.
>>
>>47886028
>>47886037
> Implying our years of indoctrination at the academy haven't desensitised us to killing.
Anons please.
>>
>>47886006
True, but it's a bit more about who has the authority to make that judgement.
Anyways ship has sailed, so it's kinda pointless to argue this now.
>>
>>47886037
Its one thing to have someone die from a trap you made and another to kill them with your own hands

>>47886054
Its probably more or less a country won't care who kills bandits or criminals just that they die
>>
>>47886037
it just seems like a chore to deal with live prisoners was my thinking.
>>
>>47886028
>>47885996
I think this quest is coming at a time where some anons are tired of being the normal hero so in order to be different (hipsters) they try to distance themselves away from morally 'right' options as far as possible. Probably why ROOT is so popular.

I mean its fine if you don't want to be super idealistic Naruto, but you don't really have to go to the other extreme to prove it you know?
>>
File: tsuki after catching Tora.jpg (127 KB, 575x384) Image search: [Google]
tsuki after catching Tora.jpg
127 KB, 575x384
they want the 5th grader operator operating operational operations.

Tsuki gets a nugget when?

PTSD after Fetch Tora mission
>>
>>47886051
That's kinda the point I was making with >>47886037. We've already killed people so you can't use 'hurr hurr let's touhgin em upp lol' as an excuse. Don't see the reasoning behind the choice.
>>
>>47886054
I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't do it ourselves. Seems like a good secondary stage to teach your ninjas to kill: get them to make the decision for someone ELSE to kill them. Doesn't give them the opportunity to chicken out.
>>
>>47886028
I do my best to frame any choice to fit Tsuki's established character.

Also, they ARE child soldiers. It's the reality of the setting.
>>
>>47886080
if they wanted different, they'd have not gone for a genjutsu background
>>
>>47886072
I can recall several instances off the top of my head where one of us either shot the dudes with our bow or threw shurikens into their vital spots, and I think the latter was Hinata.

>>47886075
I thought we were gonna dump them off at the town before we went to the hideout.

>>47886080
People want to live out their edge fantasies, happens in every naruto quest.
>>
>>47886080
I don't think its really hipster to decide to try a different type of character. I mean do you play the same alignment every time or some times do you decide to play something new?
>>
>>47886106
We haven't even used genjutsu yet, Anon.
>>
>>47886131
My biggest issue is that Tsuki, from all her interactions, seems like a good person.

I just don't want to deal with later down the line, when we are stronger, and we have the option to save someone's life or a village that doesn't hinder or help us in any way and we decide not to do it because anons want to prove they aren't Naruto or something.
>>
>>47886126
How would the village hold the bandits? was there a prison? or is there some jutsu i'm not thinking of that would leave them bound for an indefinite period?
>>
>>47886195
In a house? Bound? It's not hard to see how a village full of people could hold a handful of injured, unarmed bandits.
>>
>>47886195
There was a prison, IIRC, one of the filler arcs had Mizuki breaking out of it and turning into an Orochimaru-brand (TM) furry.
>>
File: ThunderCat.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ThunderCat.png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>47886221
It did: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Konoha_Strict_Correctional_Facility
>>
>>47886221
He turned into Tony the Tiger

it wasn't great

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a better cereal
>>
>>47886221
er, I meant the town that was nearby, sorry for not specifying.
still what about after the mission? it's a multi day trip back home, is there some sort of magister or other law authority we'd hand them off to?
>>
>>47886275
Life is the best cereal
>>
File: images (4).jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
9 KB, 259x194
The mission was “search and destroy”, after all…

“I’d like it if we took the weapons, sensei. I wish to look at them. As for the men- how many are alive?” you inquire.

“Probably about half. Guy has problems holding back sometimes… or is the enemy weak enough that he can’t? Hard to say.” He says, rather absentmindedly.

“Well, we can’t just leave them be, can we?” you ask.
Itachi sighs.

“No, we cannot. The mission requested the destruction of the bandits harassing the town, and the only way to be sure of that is death. They would do the same to us, and already have to the townsfolk.” He says, although he obviously isn’t fond of this outcome.

“Guy, it’s probably time.” Itachi says, summoning Guy to his side.

“Ah, is it? A shame, but a necessary blot upon the sunshine of youth. If you don’t mind, I’m going to scout ahead.” Guy says, his characteristic smile leaving his face. Before he leaves, he walks over and says something to Lee- although you cannot tell what it was.

Itachi gathers you all to him, and begins to speak.

“Genin. The world we live in is a brutal one, as some of you know. Though the wars of our fathers have passed, we are shinobi. There may come a time in the near future where you must kill to survive; and one day, you may be assigned a mission to assassinate a specific target. Such is the reality of our duties.” he says, somewhat dispassionately.

“I’m going to ask you now to take the life of our prisoners; there are six of them, and six of you. It may seem a bit cold, I know. But these men active made a choice to walk along this path- and this is it’s result. If any of you wish to back out now- to not take a life- you will not be reprimanded or cast out. But you will no longer be shinobi. This too, is a test."
>>
File: 4227420-danzo.jpg (89 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
4227420-danzo.jpg
89 KB, 1280x720
Everyone moves to an indicated prisoner, some slower than others. You can tell Lee and Hinata are having a particularly hard time with this- this is probably not what they were expecting.

You find yourself in front of the big man from before. He’s barely breathing- seems Itachi-sensei’s sharingan takes a lot out of it’s victim.

You unsheathe a kunai….

You know what Danzo would say. Complete the mission.
You know what Father would say. Never pursue anything halfheartedly.
Mother was a shinobi of her village.

You…

1. Fulfill your duty.
2. Back down.
>>
>>47886296
Who ever kills the most gets a juice box!
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
At least he won't feel it with how out of it he is.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.

Use your War Fan, slit the throat

Blood Moon
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
With a smile on our face, For the good of the village.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.

But at least make it quick for the person.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
No hesitation, look them in he eye as we do it.
>>
>>47886330
no smile...its unprofessional.
>>
>>47886330
Backing this
>>
>>47886303
Make it fast. Whisper a sincere prayer and apology. We know our duty, but we are not heartless
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
just a blank face, all business
>>
>>47886330
>Smiling as you kill someone.
Nah, rather not be a psychopath thanks.
>>
>>47886336
Pretty sure he's knocked out cold
>>
>>47886303
Seconding
>>47886365
>>
>>47886365
Nah fuck that, Quit trying to white knight.
>>
Completing the mission.

>>
>>47886365
Why should we even give a shit about these murdering bandits
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.

Jab it in the base of the spine, separating the spinal cord from the brain, unplugging. Effective as a beheading, but much less pain.
>>
>>47886425
Becuase some anons want to just complete the mission while others want to not kill I guess.
>>
>>47886365
Why would we care about bandits who have done awful things? Quit being a retarded moral faggot.
>>
>>47886440
No I meant why would we ever care enough to say a prayer for them
>>
>>47886452
because Tsuki was raised to have manners gosh darn it!
>>
>>47886442
>moral faggots

Honestly anyone using 'moralfags' or 'edgelords' in an argument makes me think you are just shitposting.
>>
>>47886457
Do you pray whenever you step on a bug?
>>
>>47886464
Really playing it up eh?
>>
>>47886457
ultra tech inventor dad with a dead wife doesn't usually translate to teaching their kid prayer in these kind's of settings.
>>
>>47886469
Gotta stay in character anon
>>
>>47886421
>>47886425
>>47886442
It's not about compassion or carrying. It's about decency. We don't need to have a total disregard for life to be prepared to take it. It's less for him, and more for us. same reason we give death row inmates a last meal and a prayer.
>>
>>47886495
Neither being a cold hearted bitch who thinks of people as bugs nor being a bleeding heart is in character anon.
>>
>>47886516
More the character im playing right now
>>
>>47886495
>>47886516
There was some discussion of Tsuki being an utter bitch to anyone that wasn't a friend of hers as a character trait, but that's for social interaction not mission protocol, when it comes to missions Tsuki's been all business. either way, lets see what wargle does with our decision.
>>
>>47886531
So you change how the character acts on a whim, regardless of how the character has acted in the past?

Thats the path to schizophrenic MCs famalam.
>>
>>47886554
Exactly

This
>>47886331
Is the most in character response

>>47886330
>>47886365
These two are not.
>>
Considering we are Dano's pet project I think Tsuki would just clean kill the guy, no malice or smile, just "matter of factly" does her job. No prayers or anything, just a simple clean kill. We wouldn't give a fuck anyways we've killed before.
>>
File: Delicious pizza from Pizza Hut.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Delicious pizza from Pizza Hut.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
I can't wait till Itachi lets us pick what toppings the post mission pizza will have
>>
>>47886601
We should offer fruit on the side

130 ryo.
>>
>>47886303
>1. Fulfill your duty.
Finger on the forehead quick release of S.C. straight through. No pain. No fuss. No blood.
>>
>>47886601
Shitty fruit, shame, and pride. It's like the ninja version of a Meatlovers.
>>
File: Norihime Corp Icon.jpg (18 KB, 356x700) Image search: [Google]
Norihime Corp Icon.jpg
18 KB, 356x700
In one fluid motion, you slice the man’s throat. You wipe the kunai down, and sheathe it. Don’t want to be wasteful. May he find peace the in the next life.

Not looking down, you quickly turn to the others. All of them seem to have fulfilled their duty as well- even Lee and Hinata. You’re glad. Glad you can continue to be shinobi together.

Itachi gathers you all once more. “Thank you, everyone. It is important to know the value of a human life- one day, one of you may be sitting in the Hokage’s place, ordering the death of one man, or thousands. You will have to understand that you are sending your villagers out to face death, time and time again. We are shinobi. We must know that our teammates will not falter in the face of adversity- this allows us to truly rely upon one another.”

Itachi exhales heavily.

“Not particularly fond of it myself, but it is our duty. Guy should be returning shortly….”

Sure enough, within minutes, Guy has returned, having broken into a brisk sweat. “I’ve found it, exactly where you indicated. There are some guards out front, but not many.”

While they continue the discussion, you begin to gather up the mechanized weapons. Quickly, you look over the weapon. KL-225D. Standard chamber. An old model, but there’s no mistaking the small crown etched into the metal. Norihime Branded and Manufactured. Not that you think those bandits knew it. They didn’t react to your name in any visible way.

You finish gathering them up and placing them in the carriage. All older Norihime models.

The team seems to be ready to head out to the base- you have one final decision to make. Do you take one of the KL-225D launchers?

1. Yes. It will be useful, and your family made it, after all.
2. No, you don’t need it. Mechanized weaponry doesn’t interest you.
>>
>>47886601
Hey Wargle, If you ever decide to do little short stories like Laze does, this should be one of them.
>>
>>47886689
>1. Yes. It will be useful, and your family made it, after all.

better to have and not need than need and not have
>>
>>47886689
>>
>>47886689
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.