[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shinigami Savant Quest #67
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Seireitei_vector.jpg (211 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
Seireitei_vector.jpg
211 KB, 848x480
You are Kusajishi Riku, Captain of the Ninth Division of the Seireitei Court Guard. At the moment you find yourself squaring off against what may be the most difficult opponent you've faced so far in your life: yourself.

Your doppelganger stands the same height as you, has all of your features right down to your eyelashes, and carries the same relaxed demeanor. Her two swords are outwardly identical to yours as well: Tenkotsuki's copy being suspended blade-down from her sash while Kobara no Tachi's is worn blade-up and tucked through it.

However the image is not exactly mirrored, much to your relief: on your clone's wrist is an ornate sliver bracelet, which is of a design you've never seen before and certainly do not own. Why go the trouble of producing a near-perfect copy but add such a visible detail you can't rightly say, but in any event it doesn't really help you fight her. What it does mean is that you can probably use that visual cue to distinguish the real Yoruichi from HER copy, against whom she's already fighting.

The other Riku smiles confidently. “I'd hoped to get a chance to meet you, Riku. I wanted to be the one to tell you that you're no longer needed... It's only appropriate.”

With an almost blinding speed the other Riku draws her sword and crosses the room in an instant, a ferocious strike aimed at your neck only barely stopped in time by Tenkotsuki's blade. The enormous force behind the swing, its laser-like precision... everything about her is familiar to you. It's your strength. It's your speed. They're your movements, following your own style and technique, developed from your own centuries of experience and observation. If anything it feels almost as if she's a bit better at it than you somehow, despite there being absolutely no immediately discernible differences to account for that feeling.
>1/?
>>
File: 1432429060398.jpg (19 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1432429060398.jpg
19 KB, 440x247
>>47837698
“I can see it in your eyes,” the other Riku tells you with a smirk as your swords lock close, subtly shifting and sliding against each other to win the battle of leverage. “You're frantically asking yourself how perfect a clone I am. Well, allow me to answer that question with another question...”

You feel yourself losing out ever so slightly in the meeting of blades, and decide to drive your knee forward into your attacker's gut only to find your counterattack met with her own leg. A second snap-kick to the side of her head as your blades slide past each other is blocked with her arm, and a second slash with her “Tenkotsuki” finds only air as you take advantage of hirenkyaku to reverse your momentum and slide around to take her back.

“What point would there be in merely copying you?” she asks, having used her own hirenkyaku to escape. Yet again, your own carefully-practiced movement has been used against you. “Why settle for a stalemate?”

“You're implying you're better than me somehow?” you grunt, knocking her fist away and striking at her ribs with Tenkotsuki's hilt. “How's that work?”

Her elbow quickly drops to disrupt your attack as you exchange a furious series of blows and counter-blows. “Secret.”

“Of course.”

So far this exchange has accomplished nothing but make you wonder if one of the Privaron Espada actually got in a lucky shot, and you're actually in a delusional state lying on the ground back in Karakura town. You're not sure which of the scenarios would frustrate you the most, but thinking back on the Privaron Espada it seems much more likely that this is real.
>2/3
>>
File: 1447035700616.jpg (226 KB, 2550x1680) Image search: [Google]
1447035700616.jpg
226 KB, 2550x1680
>>47837732
That means you'll need to find some means of gaining back momentum, something you can leverage against your clones to steal back a clear advantage. As the two Yoruichis continue to trade massive blows at an insane pace you may well find it harder to tell them apart at a glance, as their shunpo have the effect of shuffling them around when you're not looking. Though with the stakes as high as they are here it's less like a shell game, and more a strange sort of roulette. You also spare your opponent a thought: if she's anything like you she's waiting to gauge your abilities before taking you down in one overwhelming assault.

You can't let that happen, no matter what line of attack you decide to pursue.

>Figure out quickly which is your Yoruichi and tag out with her. Face her clone instead.
>Attack in Shikai, try and work out what the differences between you and your clone are.
>Go all-out, see if this wanna-be you can keep up with the real deal.
>Try to lure the clones into attacking each other: it worked great against the Privaron Espada.
>Other?
>>
>>47837814
>Figure out quickly which is your Yoruichi and tag out with her. Face her clone instead.
>>
>>47837814
Hey Queen, can we have some time extension to the vote? I've got something that I want to post for discussion before we decide upon an action.
>>
>>47837814
>Other: Remember that Shikai ability to randomly modify spells that we almost never use? Use it. Fake Riku won't be able to predict an effect even we can't.
>>
>>47837842
You have my curiosity.

>>47837848
YOU have my attention.
>>
>>47837814
>>47837848
Yeah, alright. Sounds like a blast!
>>
>>47837814
>>47837848
This sound cool
>>
>>47837848
Doable.
>>
So There's this idea that's been in my head for awhile, so let me post it and ask for some time before you close the vote.

We know that we're fighting a clone of Riku, And if Yoru-clone is anything to go by, an up-to-date clone of Riku. So it's safe to assume that Riku-clone has Bankai and Ressurecion, along with the cloned facets of Tenkotsuki and Rosa. But there are several things that are bugging me.
1. Riku-clone sounds like a cocky brat. That means she's confident to a fault. Which means
2. That is DEFINITELY NOT how real Riku operates. real Riku would not be that of a big talker mid-combat. Often times we do the talking before battle and when the battle is at it's end. That leads to...
3. Riku-clone only knows how we "typically fight" based on the last time data was gathered from us. We typically use Shikai and Ressurecion. Bankai was more of a quick on & off thing to make use of the reiryoku surpressing aura. And there was almost no instance aside from 1 or 2 instances where we used the spell mod roulette. which isn't enough for the data gatherer to figure out entirely out of our 12 spell mods.
4. Riku-clone's cocksure cockiness would lead to her being more prone to reckless and high-risk moves in which we can captialize on. Not sure about Bankai through.
>>
>>47837946
which brings up to the main point:
What do we know of ourselves and the public image we built for ourselves? What would the real Riku do in a situation whereas the clone-Riku wouldn't dare do? How can we turn our character & combat flaws into our strengths?
>>
>>47837946
Alternatively, we can fall back on the fighting style we developed as an LT which involved modifying spells to work in melee combat. We largely ditched that after learning Shunko but I see no reason we can't pull it back out again.
>>
>>47837814
>>47837848
Backing
>>
>>47837814
I have an idea and I know it sounds crazy, but what if we let our swords take the wheel? We have 2 other separate beings (child of fox god and our past life) residing in our soul. Although they're facets of the whole, they still are separate from the Riku our clone were based off of. Heck Rosa even had a fighting style completely different from Riku's.
>>
>writing
>>
File: 1437543250600.jpg (363 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
1437543250600.jpg
363 KB, 700x1050
>>47838186
A sobering thought crosses your mind: in a lot of ways, you're not a shinigami. You were a quincy in life, and the soul of that woman was shattered upon her death. The gaping holes left by that traumatic event were later filled by your “inner hollow” Rosa and the remnants of the dead goddess who would eventually come to call herself Tenkotsuki. None of you can truly exist without the others, and it is this symbiotic relationship that makes you who you are. The others are not just your power, they're an inseparable part of your soul... but at the same time, they're as foreign as any other symbiotes you might find in nature.

So what parts of you have actually been copied here? You can't say for sure just yet, but you know one way to find out. And it begins by calling on that power which has always been a part of you.

“Prohibit, Tenkotsuki.”

“What exactly are you planning, my dear?” Tenkosuki muses inside your mind.

You can practically feel her grin at your mental reply. “Let's see if her Tenkotsuki ripoff is anywhere close to the real deal. Go nuts.”

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWE0k9WGe8U

True to form, you can feel a surge of power filling your body as Tenkotsuki releases. Your momentary exchange leaves you confident that she understands that the course of this battle is ultimately under her control.

“Shikai?” your clone quips. “Time for you to serious the fuck up, Riku.”

Your mirror releases her own sword, and on top of that she enters a form of shunkō. From the outside, that's intimidating as all hell: you can actually understand why shinigami outside your own Division might secretly be terrified of you.

>dice+3d10, DC 7
>>
Rolled 7, 5, 7 = 19 (3d10)

>>47838286
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 4 = 13 (3d10)

>>47838286
>>
>>47838286
Shit. That link should accompany the post with the actual combat in it.
>>
Rolled 2, 4, 2 = 8 (3d10)

>>47838304
too late queen. you asked for a roll, we gave you the dice.
>>
>>47838295
Well, at least we succeeded!
>>
>>47838315
Yes, but the MUSIC is mis-timed.

Just... pretend that link is in the next post and give me a 1d12, I'll take the second roll.
>>
Rolled 9, 5, 3 = 17 (3d10)

>>47838286
>>
>>47838286
>dat spanish guitar
you have fine taste Queen.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>47838349
>>
Rolled 6 (1d12)

>>47838349
>>
>>47838368
Going with this. It's an interesting one desu, but not the most powerful.
>>
>>47838398
Well I hope it works out!

desu
>>
>>47838286
>“Shikai?” your clone quips. “Time for you to serious the fuck up, Riku.” Your mirror releases her own sword, and on top of that she enters a form of shunkō.
Yup. this confirms that Riku-clone is cocky to a fault. She's confident in the abilities that real-Riku demonstrated in public with inherently automatic proficiency, but the poor bitch has poor basic understanding of how to synergize the abilities she's given. You don't enter shunko and Shikai at the start of combat. Shunko's great as a powerboost but it works better as a short term buff that burns Reiatsu at a alarming rate.
>>
>>47838398
The other Riku comes roaring towards you like a human-sized freight train, powerful reiatsu trailing from her arms and shoulders in the wake of her charge. Her choice is an unadorned flat thrust typical of the Shinsengumi, made all the more dangerous by the fact that you've since learned how to augment the already fast and aggressive move with kidō. Dodging this particular technique would be difficult if not impossible given the circumstances, so you opt for something else.

“Dankū!” you roar, raising the barrier just in the nick of time. Much to your shock the attack seems at first as if it's threatening to break through the wall... but instead you see your doppelganger continue on through it. Both Rikus are taken aback as your attacker emerges out the same side of the barrier she just struck, and as it crumbles you're only just able to take advantage of the surprise to land a deep slash on her back.

The other Riku stumbles forward before catching herself with a hirenkyaku. As her step ends she throws off her copy of your haori, which has been left tattered by her own shunkō and stained by her blood. She then turns to face you with a snarl, parrying your follow-up attack.

“Too bad you couldn't take better advantage!” she shouts, driving her foot into your stomach as you loop a reiatsu chain around her leg. While you recoil you tug on the chain, pulling her into your waiting fist. The resulting blow sends her crashing back to earth in a pall of dust, within which she disappears entirely.
>1/2
>>
File: 1465084323403.png (450 KB, 850x531) Image search: [Google]
1465084323403.png
450 KB, 850x531
>>47838610
She's hidden her spiritual pressure, just the way Yoruichi taught you to all those years ago. Any opportunity at all to seize momentum back, even if it's underhanded. A resounding series of blasts and massive surges in reiatsu alert you to the fact that Yoruichi and fake Yoruichi have begun putting their respective Shōsōtōs to increasingly brutal use, replicating a wide variety of spiritual tools in their attempts to kill each other. Some of them even you've not seen before.

>Pump out reiatsu of your own by going into shunkō, sense her movements that way?
>Briefly “toggle” Bankai to purge her invisibility at an inopportune moment?
>Take a cheap shot at the fake Yoruichi, see what the other Riku does?
>Put full faith and trust in Tenkotsuki to come up with a counter that doesn't require you to sense your opponent?
>Other?
>>
>>47838641
>>Put full faith and trust in Tenkotsuki to come up with a counter that doesn't require you to sense your opponent?
>>
>>47838641
>Put full faith and trust in Tenkotsuki to come up with a counter that doesn't require you to sense your opponent?
Aww yisss
>>
>>47838641
>>
>>47838641
>quit faffing about and just go full release and bankai. End her
>>
>>47838641
>>
>>47838641
>>Put full faith and trust in Tenkotsuki to come up with a counter that doesn't require you to sense your opponent?
>>
>basically two fights like this are going on at the same time
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gL8p0dGP0c
Except with Yoruichi and Riku.
>>
>>47838641
>Briefly “toggle” Bankai to purge her invisibility at an inopportune moment?
>>
>>47838641
>Put full faith and trust in Tenkotsuki to come up with a counter.
>Create a illusion of casting a spell to take a potshot at the Yoruichis to use as a bait. Then use spell roulette to catch her (Riku-clone) off guard.
>>
Too bad Shunsui isn't here. We might have been able to combo with him to take her, like using kido to make a light source that extends her shadow to him.
>>
>>47838757
Pity this place is too dangerous for onlookers, bet it's quite the spectacle!
>>
>In Tenko you trust
>1d12, 2nd roll
OR, AT YOUR OPTION
>3d10, DC 7 best of three

You may roll one or the other in your response to this post. Trying to save time here.
>>
Rolled 11 (1d12)

>>47838927
Fug...
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 8 = 14 (3d10)

>>47838927
>>
Rolled 9 (1d12)

>>47838927
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 10 = 14 (3d10)

>>47838927
>>
Rolled 4 (1d12)

>>47838927
>>
>>47838963
We have a 9, now let's see the 3d10.
>>
>>47838927
>dice+3d10
>>
Rolled 1, 1, 3 = 5 (3d10)

>>47838989
Go TENNIE Go!
>>
Rolled 10, 2, 10 = 22 (3d10)

>>47838927
>>
Rolled 5, 9, 4 = 18 (3d10)

>>47838989
>>
File: 1456289064529.jpg (64 KB, 672x494) Image search: [Google]
1456289064529.jpg
64 KB, 672x494
>>47839003
>>
Rolled 6, 6, 10 = 22 (3d10)

>>47838927
>>47839003

Fuck I always do that.
>>
>>47839005
>>47839011
FFFFFFFFF
>>
>>47839011
That clutch save.
>>
>>47839029
Look again, We ded.
>>
>>47839039
>>47839029
Depends on if the roll has to be linked to the original call for rolling or not.
Ultimately up to Queen.
>>
>>47839005 linked to the incorrect post. As >>47839011 is the third roll, you get a success.

Thank your lucky stars it wasn't the other way round or you wouldn't be getting a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>47839067
You're the best!
>>
File: Kusajishi Riku Just right.jpg (319 KB, 1000x1136) Image search: [Google]
Kusajishi Riku Just right.jpg
319 KB, 1000x1136
>>47839067
>>
File: 1374442080866.png (62 KB, 213x260) Image search: [Google]
1374442080866.png
62 KB, 213x260
>>47839067
thank god I was incompetent at linking the dice to the right post at the right time.
>>
>>47839067
I love how we took a fight between two extremely technical fighters and turned it into a case of rolling the dice and random powers.
>>
>>47839102
Hey, it's just consistency.
>writing
>>
File: Kusajishi Riku serious.jpg (100 KB, 1437x807) Image search: [Google]
Kusajishi Riku serious.jpg
100 KB, 1437x807
>>47839112
Riku's showing the side she doesn't like to show much, She'll get the job done no matter what, Even if she has to use the most despicable methods.
>>
Man, we should have set up a series of codes to for this.

Iike if we wanted to figure out which is our Yuroichi, she would respond with daffodils or donkey show.
>>
>>47839182
It's moles, man. Moles all the way down.
>>
>>47839118
btw, what was the spell mod Tenkotsuki made to our Dankū? Dankū is a barrier designed to hard stop an attack, so why the sudden pass-through molasses effect?
>>
>>47839206
I mean like right before the fight.
>>
>>47839222
That system was rendered null when Yoru-clone donned a sash of the same color we gave to our wife. We'll need to come up with something different. However the sight of real-Riku defeating clone-Riku would illicit a different but identifiable reactions to distinguish one from the other.
>>
Sup guide, I've been following this quest since the start and I've loved it all the way (my favorite was the the running gag of stealing OMG's shoes)

Though I feel the need to express that I don't really like how you went with the Valhallan's I dunno but it feels like you hit them too hard with the woobie bat. From what we've seen they are so damn weak and incompetent at more or less everything and given how high powered everything in the bleach setting is it feels like the Valhalla's shouldn't really exist as anything higher then a medium strength Hollow would have wiped them out. And even if they lost their premier fighters a thousand years ago they should have rebuilt by now, right? I dunno it just doesnt make sense to me how these guys are still around is all...

Anyway whining done, other then that I love this series to bit, cheers everyone!
>>
>>47839118
Well, you've trusted Tenkotsuki so far and she's never once let you down. May as well see what she can cook up for this situation.

“You're up,” you inform her mentally. “Hope you have a plan.”

“I do, naturally,” she replies. “Allow me to explain...”

A web of reishi expands outward all around you, forming something of a self-contained sphere of loosely connected strands wrapped in a concealing spell. It's somewhat more draining than other techniques might be, but it goes up quickly and does its job just as fast. With a monumental tug the lines near you go taut and tear, giving you the cue you needed.

“Too little too late!” your clone shouts, cleaving through you with her blade only to watch your body disappear before your eyes. “An afterimage?”

“An afterimage,” you confirm, grasping a nearby reishi thread with your left hand. “Hadō 54: Haien!”

The web of reishi erupts with a massive bloom of purple flames, each strand cooking of as Haien burns through it to form a massive floating funeral pyre suspended in the air. Of course it was a trap the whole time. She can't have really thought you'd simply stand still without taking any preparations, and attacking directly like that was just walking into your trap.

Whoever made this clone mustn't have thought very much of your...
>1/2
>>
>>47839337
t. t.v. troper.
not exactly sure how in the actual fuck you escaped from that quagmire, but welcome.
>>
>>47839352
“Hadō 63: Raikōhō!” your clone roars, her rage burning hotter at the center of Haien's flames than the pyre itself. The blast of electricity tears towards you, and you only just raise Dankū in time to block it in a tremendous explosion that rocks the countryside for miles around... yet again.

With a familiar swishing noise your clone lands lightly on her foot behind you and pivots, forcing you to meet with in a wide, flowing parry and a hirenkyaku of your own in response. Your blade cuts through nothing but air as she vaults overhead, slicing downwards with a tumbling blow like a bladed acrobat in flight as she arcs past you.

“Raikōhō!” you roar back at her, just missing as she kicks off a 'platform' of reishi gathered at her left foot and takes aim at the spot where you were. Your own Hirenkyaku lets you catch up with your spell in a move that surprises even yourself, and you deliver something of a master-stroke.

Channeling shunkō into your right hand you backhand your own Raikōhō back in your clone's direction. At close range there's hardly anything she can do to stop it...
>2/2

Taking a short break to change tacks slightly. There's a whole other fight that's been going on, and I'd like for you to see some of it instead of just finding out at the end.
>>
>>47839384
>There's a whole other fight that's been going on, and I'd like for you to see some of it instead of just finding out at the end.
Wooo! Cat fight! Cat fight!
>>
>>47839384
Yoru fight and cliffhanger goodness!
>>
>>47839337
Their "premier" fighters were never much above the level of a strong Lieutenant, and the region they have responsibility for is drastically different from the Soul Society's turf for a very specific reason. It'll make sense eventually, but now isn't really the time for that plot-wise.
>writing
>>
>>47839407
Really, Riku should suggest a time-out so she gets to watch the catfight for a bit herself. Or maybe just finish off her clone before Yoru does!
>>
>>47839384
>Your own Hirenkyaku lets you catch up with your spell in a move that surprises even yourself, and you deliver something of a master-stroke.
>Channeling shunkō into your right hand you backhand your own Raikōhō back in your clone's direction. At close range there's hardly anything she can do to stop it...
So Fox girl turned a lightning spell into a magical tennis ball which we backhanded towards our clone. Nice. Or am I wrong with the spell modding? Jeez Queen can you please clarify the spell mods we used in the fight? Or are you modding the spells off of a random table you made?
>>
>>47839500
The modified spell was the Haien, we just back handed a bolt of lightning back into our clone at point blank range.
>>
>>47839500
>Or are you modding the spells off of a random table you made?
This, and the Raikōhō was unmodified. Riku basically modified an existing technique: instead of thrusting an equal amount of reiatsu at it with the opposite spin she hit it with the same spin, changing the direction accordingly. A little like how a gyroscopically-stabilized projectile will tend to veer one direction or the other based on the direction of the wind and the direction of the spin.

>>47839213
Basically she modified it using a space-time kidō trick to reverse the direction of the attack/attacker striking it. A little wasteful, but a nasty surprise.
>>
>>47839548
So basically "Kido Tennis" using a lighting bolt turned into a tennis ball made of lightning, and using a hand-sized tennis racket (read: our hand is the racket) made of shunko.
I think we just invented a sport.
>>
>>47839704

meant to link it to >>47839608(you)
>>
File: yoruichitrimmed.jpg (677 KB, 1540x1000) Image search: [Google]
yoruichitrimmed.jpg
677 KB, 1540x1000
>>47839427
… that's when you see it.

She draws her second sword, the one that would ordinarily be Kobara no Tachi, and parries the blast with that. And to your horror you watch your Raikōhō disappear into it, leaving only a faint yellow glow and a static crackle along the length of the blade.

“That's definitely not my sword,” you observe, realizing how your clone managed to escape Tenkotsuki's trap with only minor burns.

Your clone laughs. “Well, certain arrangements had to be made in my case. Has anyone ever told you what a pain in the ass you can be sometimes, Riku?”

“Yeah. You did, just now,” you retort, calmly sizing up your opponent as your wife clashes with her clone in the distance. She's drawn a familiar set of glass orbs, glowing a warm amber from within, and is countering a similar set of weapons produced by her clone. Each clash shatters the two orbs as they meet with a deep, resounding blast that's less of an explosion and more of a subsonic rumble that you feel in your lungs.

You eye the other Riku warily. “Has anyone told you that you talk too damn much?”

In a change of pace your Yoruichi – at least you think it's yours – uses shunpo to get behind her opponent and unleashes a Raikōhō: her personal favorite. The other Yoruichi produces a shiny steel shield with her own zanpakuto and reflects the blast back at her attacker, who produces a matching shield.

“I'm just saying what you'd be thinking,” she replies with a dismissive shrug. “What the HELL is going on over there?”
>1/2
>>
File: 26422819_p0.png (182 KB, 1000x684) Image search: [Google]
26422819_p0.png
182 KB, 1000x684
>>47839829
She glances over her shoulder at what you've been watching as the two Yoruichis bounce the confused kidō back and forth at each other, predicting one another's flash steps until there's not enough power left behind the spell to be worth reflecting. At that point the Yoruichis simultaneously flicker as they re-engage with flash-steps and begin to trade closely-matched blows with their butterfly swords.

“They seem like they're having fun!” you comment as you slash at your clone, who manages to parry by smacking your wrist with her foot and slashes at you with the kodachi in her right hand. You can't help but notice the smaller sword in her left hand has returned to its sheath.

She grins. “I dunno if it's you or me, but seeing it makes me kinda happy, you know?”

Your own grin however is a facade: with the intensity of Yoruichi's fight, you aren't fully comfortable using your Bankai for fear of accidentally countering her response to an attack. Her technique with that sword of hers relies on correct analysis and very carefully timed reaction, and an unanticipated interruption could prove lethal.

>Take a moment to communicate with Yoruichi through Kakushitsuijaku: it'll leave you briefly wide open, but it'll make it safer to use Bankai.
>Try and lure your opponents into hitting each other, you and Yoruichi could both use that opening and wrap things up.
>Continue trying things that the other Riku can't possibly anticipate, but be wary of that technique she used to absorb your spell.
>Other?
>>
>>47839868
>Try and lure your opponents into hitting each other, you and Yoruichi could both use that opening and wrap things up.
>>
>>47839868
>Take a moment to communicate with Yoruichi through Kakushitsuijaku: it'll leave you briefly wide open, but it'll make it safer to use Bankai.
>>
>>47839868
>>Continue trying things that the other Riku can't possibly anticipate, but be wary of that technique she used to absorb your spell.
>>
>>47839868
>Continue trying things that the other Riku can't possibly anticipate, but be wary of that technique she used to absorb your spell.
>Other? Also try and draw her into boasting about how and more importantly why she is so "Amassing".
>>
>>47839868
>Other: Let Tenkotsuki or Rosa take the wheel and control our body.
This is too crazy and unexpected for clone-Riku to anticipate. This also confirms that they can't clone the aspects of Rosa or Tenkotsuki.
>>
>>47839868
>You can't help but notice the smaller sword in her left hand has returned to its sheath.
It might need to return to its sheath. Also, our clothes are better than theirs since they didn't manage to replicate the Oken fragment armor.
>>
>>47839947
Second, Time to let Rosa out to play!
>>
>>47839868
>>47839947
Hey, worked last time. Well, kinda. I wanna see Rosa-time.
>>
>>47839868
>Other: Let Tenkotsuki or Rosa take the wheel and control our body.
>>
>>47839947
Pretty sure we could actually let Rosa out of our body to fight her way because of the lingering aftereffects of Muramosa.
>>
File: 1439983235496.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1439983235496.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>47840007
>someone remembered that
>>
>>47840007
>>47840044
Do it
>>
>>47840007
Do it do it do it do it!
>>47840044
Side note: but what are the Valhalla Regai doing?
>>
>>47840044
Oh baby.
>>
>>47839868
>>47840007
Valhalla awaits!
Do it
>>
File: 3263492460_1_9_OsaQNTW3.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
3263492460_1_9_OsaQNTW3.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>47840070
>pic related
>>
>>47840044
Fuck lets rock.
>>
>>47840044
Can we get a vote to do so please!
>>
>>47839868
>dice+3d10
>DC 6
Other-Riku will NOT see this coming.
>>
Rolled 4, 1, 8 = 13 (3d10)

>>47840143
>>
Rolled 7, 3, 2 = 12 (3d10)

>>47840143
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>47839948
so:
>they can't replicate Oken Fragment armor
>they can't replicate the soul-fragments of Rosa or Tenkotsuki
>they can't replicate spell mod roulette.
>they can't replicate Kobara no Tachi's power but they may have countermeasures against that.
>clone-Riku has a sword of spell-vampirism to protect her against and absorb real-Riku's most powerful spells so save for later.
I'm guessing that smaller sword can only hold one spell and can only absorb ranged spells. I don't think it'll absorb any weapon or melee buffs provided by spell modding or shunko.
And from what I can tell clone-Riku's shunko only has Armored shunko, so she doesn't know or have access have the anesthetic effect mod to shunko
>>47840143
SURPRISE
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 4 = 16 (3d10)

>>47840143
>>
>>47840155
Thank fuck.
>>
>>47840155
So cluch. Much thanks.
>>
File: Rosa Rosette Hollow.png (434 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Rosa Rosette Hollow.png
434 KB, 2560x1600
>>47840155
Clutch as fuck anon.
Rosa's come out to playay!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeEbtiruH2Q
>>
>>47840196
I don't know why but I find Rosa more attractive than Riku.
>>
>>47840102
And the local gods of Valhalla? Are they watching the fight? Wait, all the divine gods are watching RikuTV ever since we used Ura Hado: Sogenbi. I bet Artemis and Inari are silently cheering Riku and Yoruichi on.
>>
>>47840244
You must be into that palid, undead coloration!
>>
>writing
>>
>>47840244
Well Rosa died when she was in her physical prime so it would make sense she'd be a hottie.

desu, the only thing that's turning me off from Hollow Rosa is that her sclera is almost the same color as her actual eye color.
>>
>also, trying to think of a theme tune suited to an avatar of cold, hard-favored rage
>>
File: Kusajishi Riku.jpg (61 KB, 790x494) Image search: [Google]
Kusajishi Riku.jpg
61 KB, 790x494
>>47840331
We postin naked Riku's now?
>>
>>47840365
I have the perfect song for that!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_12b5Ec4WI
>>
>>47840365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwJj2EpC8vg
Or just two steps from Hell in general.
>>
>>47840365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM1eJxZXRP8
>>
>>47840377
Yoru pls fight instead of post
>>
>>47840413
Black Blade might work better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjHSEzoMrSI
Though all two steps from hell music is great.
>>
File: Kusajishi Riku Bored.jpg (8 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Kusajishi Riku Bored.jpg
8 KB, 210x240
>>47840406
Man that fit's Rosa so well.
>>
>>47840365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84lGS4sGg2w
>>
>>47840365
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21vHGwLQavw
>>
>>47840365
Guess this'll take a while for you to post since you're looking for the perfect theme tune for Hollow Rosa.
>>
File: 1432435034898.png (178 KB, 1024x602) Image search: [Google]
1432435034898.png
178 KB, 1024x602
>>47840365
“So when do I get to go?” Rosa asks, having waited as long as her limited patience will allow. “We're supposed to be a team you know, and I'm feeling particularly murderous today.”

“What ever has you in such a state?” Tenkotsuki asks her fellow zanpakuto as you parry a particularly savage series of blows from your doppelganger.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du1wdeNqO8o

“Seeing someone else using my face like that,” Rosa replies, voice contorted with mounting anger. “It makes me sick. Riku's one thing, since she's technically my successor, but this bitch has no right to lay claim to OUR identity!”

“Well said!” you roar, drawing out Kobara no Tachi and slinging it at your mirror image, who ignores it as it sails over her shoulder.

“Where're you looking, Riku!?” the other Riku demands, before a shot rings out. You only just have a chance to dodge it.

With a manic grin on her face, your pale-skinned shadow cycles the straight-pull action on her rifle and lines up another shot. This one your clone manages to anticipate, dodging straight into your own attack.

“Shakkahō!” you shout, unleashing a massive ball of angry red reiatsu at the imposter Riku, who again absorbs the kidō into her blade before sheathing it. You can't immediately tell what happens to the absorbed energy when she uses that trick, but all of your instincts are screaming at you that it doesn't simply disappear. Your clone is working up to something nasty.

As you ponder how to proceed Rosa thrusts with the bayonetted end of her rifle as the other Riku sidesteps, and is forced to parry as your hollow side follows up with a strike with the buttstock. Apparently when you read those modern bayonet manuals way back in the day she was paying careful attention, because she seems to be trying out a fairly modern approach that focuses mostly on the thrust.
>1/2
>>
File: Weltliche_Schatzkammer_Wien.jpg (2 MB, 1161x2536) Image search: [Google]
Weltliche_Schatzkammer_Wien.jpg
2 MB, 1161x2536
>>47840595
Meanwhile Yoruichi seems to be shouting at her clone, who has produced a gilded lance from her sword's presumably long list of tools. The clone takes aim from on high, preparing to charge downwards with shunkō-enhanced flash steps, and Yoruichi appears to be struck by a bolt from the blue as a searing flash of light signals the release of Raijūsenkō. Even closing your eyes can't block it out entirely, and the wave of reiatsu it releases sends a tingle through your body that sets your hairs on end.

You carefully weave your way through a withering barrage of kidō blasts unleashed in quick succession: Byakurai, Haien, Hiryū Gekizoku Shinten Raihō, Shakkahō. Absolutely no hesitation or pause on the part of your clone even as you respond in kind, not even as Rosa continues to pummel her with alternating slashes of the bayonet, crushing hammer-blows with the stock of her rifle, and lethal shots at her vitals. Something is very different about the way she moves.

“Hesitation is exactly right, Riku,” Tenkotsuki observes quietly in your mind. “She does not hesitate. Neither of them do. The real thing does hesitate, because your experience and natural sense of self-preservation demand it.”

Even with Yoruichi's resurreccion she's hard-pressed to keep up with this new tool produced by her copy... does she not have that one? Is it possible that the new weapon she's using is one that Yoruichi hasn't managed to copy? If so, the speed and precision of those attacks must be making it impossible to take the time to properly analyze its properties so that it can be replicated.

The situation is ugly.

>Help Rosa set up on your copy, or failing that beat her down?
>Use Bankai: Raijūsenkō shouldn't be affected.
>Try and take advantage of the clone's lack of hesitation to get some friendly fire going?
>Other?
>>
File: 55229433_p0.jpg (141 KB, 668x1024) Image search: [Google]
55229433_p0.jpg
141 KB, 668x1024
>Apologies for the low-quality picture, it's the best I could find on short notice
>It's stored in a dark room behind tempered glass, in a gallery where flash photography is absolutely verboten, so most photos of it are going to be grainy
>>
>>47840791
>>Try and take advantage of the clone's lack of hesitation to get some friendly fire going?
>>
>>47840791
>>Try and take advantage of the clone's lack of hesitation to get some friendly fire going?
>>
>>47840791
>>
>>47840791
>Try and take advantage of the clone's lack of hesitation to get some friendly fire going?
>>
>>47840791
>>
>>47840791
>>
>>47840791
>>
>>47840791
>>
>>47840828
...Did she just pull out the Longinus? SHIT.
>>
>>47840791
No Hesitation = recklessness = more prone to friendly fire
>round the two together and cast lots of Binding Kido so Rosa can get some good potshots in. Don't use ranged spells. Also, steal their fucking spell-vamp swords.
>>
>>47840828
And since most of you won't recognize it because you're not nerds, the weapon fake-Yoruichi is using is the "Hapsburg Lance", reputed to be the Lance of Longinus that pierced the side of Christ on the cross which is often said to bring certain victory to the one that carries it into battle
>>
>>47840906
how in the actual fuck did the fake get a hold of that one?
i'm actually impressed.
>>
>>47840906
>a fucking divine weapon that guarantees victory.
That's Excalibur&Avalon tier bullshit. Well we ain't having that shit.
>>47840791
>cast Sogenbi on the Hapsburg Lance, burn that thing to ashes.
>>
>>47840906
Wow, second time in a bleach quest that somone has pulled out Longinus on the MC.
>>47840876
Good show.
>>
>>47840906
I'm guessing that would be why fake-Yoru is here in Valhalla. Probably can't get something like that in an Asian afterlife.
>>
>>47840931
Probably just went to visit the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria.

Assuming that the Lance kept there is the real thing that is.
>>
>>47840970
Actually sort of disappointed that best cat didn't do something similar herself.
>>
>>47840931
It's on public display in Vienna, in the former Imperial Treasury. I doubt it has ANY real connection to any biblical story, as is the case with most "relics", and the one pictured may not even be the original Hapsburg Lance. It was stolen in WWII and returned, and there are some doubts that what was returned wasn't just a copy of a fake.

The Nazis weren't known for giving stuff back lightly. They either torched it or hid it.
>>
>>47840986
IC Yoruichi figured it clearly didn't work for Hitler, so it probably wasn't worth the time and diplomatic effort involved in gaining access.
>>
>>47840950
except that spearhead is pointed at MC's wife. I will not stand by something like that.
>>47840986
The Lance is a Valhallan divine relic, not a Shinto divine relic.
>>47840999
That said, the lance clone-Yoru is wielding could also be a copy of Odin's Gungnir
>>
>>47840828
Well, gents, roll me some 3d10. DC this time is 7, because while they're uninhibited they're still rather smart and setting up could be a challenge
>>
>>47841052
>>
Rolled 1, 6, 4 = 11 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
Rolled 1, 2, 7 = 10 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
Rolled 3, 7, 5 = 15 (3d10)

>>47841052
pls
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 6 = 16 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
Well fuck.
>>
Rolled 8, 7, 5 = 20 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
Rolled 1, 8, 8 = 17 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
>>47841086
At least it isn't a crit fail.
>>
>>47841076
>>47841073
>>47841074
whelp this is where our luck goes bad.
>>
Rolled 2, 5, 7 = 14 (3d10)

>>47841052
>>
File: 1461298386092.png (251 KB, 1793x1300) Image search: [Google]
1461298386092.png
251 KB, 1793x1300
>>47841073
>>47841074
>>47841076
Preeeety shit. Not catastrophic failure, but you've missed the opportunity.

>writing
>>
Guys, It's just one fail, It's not game over, Have faith in King.
>>
>>47841187
Well.. if Riku dies we might get to play as Not!Riku.
>>
>>47841187

If Clone Riku can just soak up our three winning rolls and not even seem to be weakening? We really shouldn't be that set-back by losing one roll.
>>
>>47841302
3 normal successes, no crit successes. Of course she can soak up the damage.
It's not like the Muramasa encounters in which we had such a good initiative crit roll it made the fight look like cakewalk.
>>
File: riku_twin_shikai.jpg (328 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
riku_twin_shikai.jpg
328 KB, 2560x1600
>>47841144
The exchange of blows is brutal, in both your battles. You keep your doppelganger occupied by closing in with her, refusing to give her even the slightest chance to cast a spell or prepare anything more complicated than a punch, a kick, or a slash. The fake Yoruichi prepares an all-out attack, building up what you recognize to be divine reiatsu in the tip of her spear: whatever that thing hits is going to die, you feel. Tenkotsuki's pervasive sense of concern just reinforces your assumption on that count.

With how distracting that release of shinreiatsu is, it's no wonder the other Riku doesn't even question why Rosa has stopped attacking her until it's too late.

“What!?” your clone demands as she's stopped in place. Rosa cackles in an almost demented sense of pleasure as her foe strains her muscles, struggling to move. “The hell is going on!?”

“It's been a long-ass time since I've had to use this...” Rosa comments, extending her left arm straight out ahead of her. “Go ahead and take a look. I'll let you.”

Rosa lowers one finger, and the other Riku's head slowly turns to see what you're seeing: dozens of strands of reishi, extending from her fingers in a complex web that terminates against her victim's skin. It's a variant of a quincy technique, but you've never seen this done with it before. It's efficient and creative, in its own way... but a little twisted.

“Ransotengai,” Rosa announces. “Todestarentel. Do it now, Riku.”

With a roar you build up as much momentum as you can, slamming into your clone's chest with your full body weight. The force of the impact sends you both hurtling through space, with no clear reference points to mark your passage and the wind in your ears so strong that her shouts can't reach your ears. But you've judged the distance well, and manage to disengage at just the right moment.
>1/2
>>
File: 23588093_p0.jpg (123 KB, 891x732) Image search: [Google]
23588093_p0.jpg
123 KB, 891x732
>>47841393
The false Yoruichi begins her attack, dashing towards her intended victim and continuing to do so even as you kick her supposed partner upwards and directly into her path. Unfortunately your plan falls apart as the other Riku draws her second sword and is visibly empowered by a massive burst of strength that allows her to clash with the other Yoruichi, breaking up her attack and sending both combatants reeling.

You crash-land by the side of your own Yoruichi as the two clones crash to the ground several hundred meters away in a tangled heap. That Yoruichi, unlike your own, is frankly quite pissed at the sudden arrival of her respective Riku.

“What the hell are you doing, Riku!?” she demands loudly. “I was gonna kill the original material over there before you showed up! Are you even taking this seriously!?”

“Of course I am!” your counterpart shouts back. “But excuse ME, princess, you're the one that nearly skewered me with the goddamn Holy Lance!”

The other Riku pushes the tip of the Lance away from her with one hand as it strays a little too close for her comfort. “And watch where you're pointing the damn thing!”

“I'm sorry, alright!” the false Yoruichi insists, calming down somewhat. “You just startled me is all.”

“We're not like that, are we?” Yoruichi asks you under her breath. You simply shrug, not willing to commit to an answer. Lord knows you've never had a “perfect” relationship, but unlike either of your clones both you and Yoruichi know how to keep your mouths shut and consider each others' feelings.

It's almost as if...

The mutual look of realization when you exchange a glance is priceless, and Yoruichi's face is all but consumed by a malicious, almost cruel grin. Like a cat playing with a hapless mouse, or a pool shark about to pull a fast one on an unsuspecting mark.

“It's not that they don't hold anything back,” she muses wickedly.
>2/3
>>
>>47841569
clearly the clones haven't had 50+ years of a healthy marriage. It's as if they were born just yesterday.
>>
File: YoRiku_in_stereo.png (361 KB, 1000x1028) Image search: [Google]
YoRiku_in_stereo.png
361 KB, 1000x1028
>>47841569
You complete her thought. “It's that they CAN'T hold back. Like they've been programmed that way."

"I've got an idea," Yoruichi informs you with that same terrifying smile. "I can handle this, but I need you to keep the fake you off of me... and you can't use your Bankai."

>Deal, I'll think of something while you... do... you?
>They're still arguing, let's think of a joint plan.
>Other?
>>
>>47841614
>>
>>47841614
>That didn't sound as lewd in my head
>>
>>47841614
>>Deal, I'll think of something while you... do... you?
+
Let's get to it while there still arguing.
>>
>>47841614
Sounds like a nice dream.
>>
>>47841614
any chance yoru can scan the spear while they bicker?
>>
>>47841614
>Don't worry, me and Rosa got this.
>Be careful Yoruichi. I don't want to see you on the recieving end of that lance. It's got divine properties.
>Or we could attack them now while they're arguing like an old married couple, make sure you steal the lance.
>>
>>47841614
>>
>>47841614
>>Deal, I'll think of something while you... do... you?
>>
>>47841614
>Other - Plan for dealing with clone-Riku: get her away from clone-Yoru, enter the modified shunko, grapple and pin her (and you in physical contact with her) with binding Kido spreading the numbness to clone-Riku. While pinned, Rosa goes to take the shot.
>>
>>47841738
Someone is clearly forgetting how the nameless shunko works. The only reason Riku can manage it is because she's got the muscle memory down so pat she doesn't need to be able to feel what her body is doing to fight. Other-Riku has the same speed, the same physical strength, and aside from no hesitation and generally increased aggression the same style of attack.

There's no reason IC to consider that strategy as being viable, but splitting up and bakudo is definitely a can-do sort of thing.
>>
>>47841614
>They're still arguing, let's think of a joint plan.
>>
>writing
Also, I have one question for you based on the fact that you still have two vials of regenerative serum on you: would you be willing to go so far as to sacrifice an arm (temporarily) to end the fight with your clone immediately?

>y/n
>>
I've heard this quest is the shit when it comes to Bleach quest. Tell me about Yoruichi in quest so I can decide.
>>
>>47841836
>y
Since we have the tools to regen. No fucking around with these bozos.
>>
>>47841842
Yoruichi's our wife. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>47841836
No, Gotta save that shit for when someone close to us is gonig to die.
>>
>>47841836
>Y

>>47841842
Married to the MC for decades and has hollow powers on top of her normal bullshit.
>>
>>47841842
The QM came up with an explanation for Yoruichi's zanpakuto that seems fairly plausible.
>>
>>47841836
Does the regenerative serum count as a spiritual tool that Yourichi can replicate at will?
>>
>>47841836
>y
We can have the spare sent to Hats 'n Clogs to create more of the serum? Can we? Or was the data needed to reproduce it destroyed by Mayuri when he defected?
>>
>>47841836
Does anyone besides Mayuri know how to make more?
>>
>>47841836
>n
Kind of concerned that we might need it more urgently pretty soon
>>
>>47841897
Urahara could replicate it if we give him the last one so he can analyze it's contents and reproduce the formula. But having Yoruichi analyze it and duplicate via bankai is also viable if it's actually possible.
>>
>>47841836
Depends how hard it will be to get more of it.
If we have no reason to think we will ever get more, than no its not worth it.
If we have some possible options to get more than, maybe.
>>
>>47841842
The highlights
>Yoruichi and the MC are the show's old married couple, but more like the cute old married couple than the type that bicker
>One thing led to another and she has something similar to Thundercat Mode after the MC accidentally infected her with Hollowfication disease
>She never left the Soul Society, and still commands the Onmitsu because she doesn't trust anyone else with the job

Also, will get to writing soon. The current vote just decides how far down the KILL IT WITH FIRE rabbit hole Riku goes.
>>
>>47841881
>>47841929

I doubt Yoru can duplicate it with bankai for the simple reason that she hasn't so far. It's such an obvious trick that if it was possible it would have been brought up before.
Though I could be wrong.
>>
>>47841836
Hi King could we get some sort of decision on just how hard it will be to get more of the regen serum.

Even if it is just on a scale of one to ten.
One being trivially easy.
Ten being impossible.
>>
>>47841842
If you mean Cosgroves? Yeah probably. However King has a habit of finishing quests and not doing retcons.
>>
>>47841858
>>47841866
>>47841873
>>47841952
Better than expected. I now consider this a quest I must follow. Time to read up.
>>
>>47841963
Yoruichi could if we give her the time to analyze it. It'll be up to her if she says if it's possible. Otherwise we'll have to send the last vial to Urahara and have both Yorichi and Urahara analyze it and see see if they can recreate it (if the formula recipe wasn't destroyed when Mayuri defected FOR SCIENCE)
>>
>>47842008
That's meta as fuck dood.
>>
File: 1419614686602.png (75 KB, 198x198) Image search: [Google]
1419614686602.png
75 KB, 198x198
>>47842008
to quote the infamous QM Soma:
"who knows~"
>>
>>47842008
Neither impossible nor easy as waving your hand.
>>
>>47842008
Assume it's hard as fuck.

A regen potion is something you don't throw around like candy, even if it's somewhat easy to make.

Last thing you want is for your enemies to get a hold of it and reverse engineer it for themselves.
>>
>>47842097
Isn't it too late for that? Since Mayuri is in cahoots with Aizen and he damn well knows how to make more of it?
>>
>>47842198
There's also Urahara. He's back as the head of the R&D Division. Granted it'll take time for him to completely analyze and synthesize duplicates.
>>
>>47842198
Mayuri might not have given the recipe to Aizen. It's been suggested that Mayuri might simply be using Aizen to do more SCIENCE! And might not actually be helping Aizen.
>>
>>47842237
And the Vallhallens owe us a ton of stuff. Making them mass synthesize this nonesense is a good start.
>>
File: 51924399_p6.jpg (220 KB, 484x950) Image search: [Google]
51924399_p6.jpg
220 KB, 484x950
>>47841836
You offer your wife a curt nod. It's all the signal she needs to begin putting her plan into motion.

As you separate and put a little distance between yourselves, your opposites seem to take notice of your maneuver. The false Riku gives chase while the false Yoruichi readies her divine spear a second time. Your own Yoruichi for her part summons something you didn't quite expect: the massive wooden Shihōin shield.

The fake Yoruichi scoffs. “You must really be out of ideas now, but suit yourself.”

With nothing else needing to be said, she begins charging a repeat of her initial attack with the spear said to bring certain victory to its wielder. You can't help but marvel at your wife's deviousness as your mirror joins you, readying her nameless side-sword.

“She's raised that wakizashi again,” Rosa warns you in your mind, having run out of energy to maintain her manifestation. “Careful. It's the reason I couldn't attack her all out.”

“Got it.”

“You're doing that thing again,” Riku sneers. “Talking to yourself like a crazy woman, well soon you won't be so talkative. You AND that pathetic woman you call Yoruichi.”

“Pathetic?” you ask, goading your copy on.

“That's right! You've seen how she wastes her talents with rules and restrictions and traditions! My Yoruichi has no such inhibitions, and she's so much more powerful for it!”

Your evil twin raises her blades, continuing her proclamations as her reiatsu seems to build. “The two of us are free of the hollow taint you suffer, and we're not bound by the rules you seem to care about so much. We'll be the ones to kill Aizen together, and we'll keep the world safe the way you two never could!”

“So JUST. DIE!”
>1/?
>Pic not related, it's just one of like three cute pics of Apacci on the entire internet
>>
>>47842261
you know this would benefit both us and the Valhallans. The regen serum would boost combat life expectancy in combat for the Valhallans while we get any excess duplicates to use for our own.
>>
>>47842261
Given the reason we are here is the Valhallan's Science department. I think this is a bad idea.
>>
>>47842299
That Apacci is cute as fuck.
>>
>>47842320
But we have a tab that they're absolutely dreading for when we cash in that bill. We can use the idea of the debt to pressure them into co-operating under tight surveilance. besides we can't be that evil to them and the expenses in which the Valhallans is negotiable which is good for diplomacy.
>>
File: 1448743536899.jpg (47 KB, 540x474) Image search: [Google]
1448743536899.jpg
47 KB, 540x474
>>47842317
They have been infuriatingly incompetent thus far, so nah.
>>
>>47842299
The blows from her fists and feet are overwhelming, far more powerful than they have any right to be. Each impact makes you feel as if you were caught between a hammer and anvil, threatening to break your arms with every parry. You backpedal in alarm at the change.

"I see what she has done!" Tenkotsuki cries in your head. "I see what she did with the stolen reiatsu!"

"She's been converting it into pure fighting strength," Rosa confirms. And it makes a certain amount of sense: she'd never be able to copy shinreiryoku or Tenkotsuki and Rosa's abilities, so whoever designed her did so with raw, overwhelming, and totally unnecessary power in mind.

Had he given her a functioning brain you might be dead now.

Yoruichi's wooden shield disappears in the instant before the Holy Lance strikes it, replaced by a familiar paddle-like weapon that stops the attack cold and disperses the built-up divine power. It's the Ise clan's sword...

"No!" your Riku shouts, stopping mid-punch. It's a perfect opening as Tenkotsuki incants a spell for you.

"Bakudō 79: Kuyō Shibari!" you roar, and nine orbs of pitch-black reiatsu pin your double in place. The look of shock on her face hasn't even faded by the time you start your own incantation.

“My left hand stokes the nine black flames," you begin even as Yoruichi uses her resurreccion to shred her stunned copy, who dissolves into ashes.

The other Riku turns away from the distant scene, a look of utter horror in her eyes as her mind processes the words. "No..."

"Blood of steel, voice of thunder, call down ruin and attain Nirvana!" you complete, bracing yourself for the inevitable backlash as your copy unleashes a wordless scream.

“Kuyō Shibari: Yūgure Kasō!”

Hirenkayku gets you clear of the blast radius and behind the shield that Yoruichi re-summons just in the nick of time, but nothing short of an act of a god could possibly change what happens next.
>2/3
>>
>>47842497
>but nothing short of an act of a god could possibly change what happens next.

>time for Artemis intervention
>>
File: 15174764_p0.jpg (299 KB, 683x954) Image search: [Google]
15174764_p0.jpg
299 KB, 683x954
>>47842497
The black reiatsu eats away at your arm despite your blut's attempts to mitigate the damage, really only managing to slow down an already excruciating process. It completely eradicates all trace of your left arm from mid-bicep down, burning through one layer at a time until the bones crack and crumble to dust.

You can't hear whether you're screaming or not, but you do feel a reassuring embrace even as the heat of the blastwave washes over you both.

The pain leaves you feeling vaguely numb and disassociated, like a haze inside your brain that drowns out anything else. Even the sensation of your arm's muscles, skin, and bones rapidly regenerating from the second vial of Mayuri's hollow-serum feels like a tickle compared to what just happened.

It's a long while before you gather your focus again, probably several minutes that only feel like hours, but Yoruichi remains with you through it all until you rise back to your feet.

"Well, you can't argue with the results," Yoruichi admits, examining the scoured land around the blast zone, "but I hope that's the last time I get to see it."

"Desperate times," you grunt, testing out the new fingers. "We really need to figure out how to duplicate this stuff."

Yoruichi raises her hands in self-defense. "Not my fault I can't copy living tissue. Ask Kisuke when we get back."

"Yeah, right," you sigh. "Come on. we've still got work to do."

>Search the blast zone for any traces of your enemies?
>Track down the Valhallan Clones?
>Contact Shunsui?
>Other?
>>
>>47842651
>>Track down the Valhallan Clones?
>>
>>47842651
>Contact Shunsui?
Make SURE they are dead.
>>
>>47842651
Then
>Contact Shunsui.
>>
>>47842651
>>Search the blast zone for any traces of your enemies?
>>
>>47842651
>>
>>47842651
>>Search the blast zone for any traces of your enemies?
>>
>>47842651
Actually scratch >>47842662

>Search the blast zone for any traces of your enemie
then
>Then find out what happened to those combat mod souls
then
>Contact Shunsui.
>>
>>47842651
>>
Just going to mention this is probably the best opportunity for a kiss I've ever read...
>>
>>47842651
>Other: Split up with Yoruichi Have her contact Shunsui. Request Yoruichi try to analyze and duplicate the serum if possible.
>Meanwhile: You check the blast zone for any traces of your enemies and search for that Holy lance to use as evidence/proof while you track down the Valhallan Clones.
>>
>>47842739
>>47842651
Supporting dat kiss.
>>
File: CetIVNd.png (35 KB, 315x320) Image search: [Google]
CetIVNd.png
35 KB, 315x320
>>47842739
This is true, supported.
>>
>>47842739
Yeah, alrighty.
>>
>>47842739
Yeah not wrong.
>>
File: 1456199444993.jpg (318 KB, 1000x700) Image search: [Google]
1456199444993.jpg
318 KB, 1000x700
>Well, it's not like anyone's still alive to see it...
>writing
>>
>>47842909
Yer damn right!
>>
>>47842909
... Aizen and his fucking camera's...
>>
>>47842909
>pic
Queen has gotten lewder with time, huh.
>>
File: literallythelewdest.png (2 MB, 1093x1823) Image search: [Google]
literallythelewdest.png
2 MB, 1093x1823
>>47842909
Without thinking you pull your wife in for a warm, tender kiss the likes of which you'd never share in public... well, since everyone for at least a kilometer in any direction was reduced to glass just now it may as well be in private. Right now you're just happy to be alive, and that after so many years and battles you still have each other.

“Sorry,” you mutter after you break away, gesturing around at the scorched earth. “I know I never take you anywhere romantic anymo...”

Your joke is interrupted as Yoruichi pulls you gently but insistently back by your chin and your lips meet again.

The 'moment' having concluded, the two of you search the area for any traces of your opponents amid the fused glass and charcoal of what was once pastoral countryside.
>3d10, DC7
>>
Rolled 6, 1, 8 = 15 (3d10)

>>47843018
>>
Rolled 9, 1, 2 = 12 (3d10)

>>47843018
>>
Rolled 2, 9, 6 = 17 (3d10)

>>47843018
>>
Rolled 1, 3, 2 = 6 (3d10)

>>47843018
>>
Rolled 10, 2, 4 = 16 (3d10)

>>47843018
dammit the moment costed us!
>>
>>47843050
>>47843044
Close but no cigar.

You guys ready for round 2?
>>
Rolled 1 (1d2)

>QM rolling
>1=Riku
>2=Yoruichi
>>
>RIP fake Riku
>>
>>47843115
Interrogating our wifu is going to be hard.
>>
>>47843143
aww... so you're telling me that since we failed the dc, one of them died from the wounds?
>>
>>47843213
Or vice versa?
>>
>>47843143
There's little to see out here. The spear produced by the false Yoruichi is gone, along with any hopes of finding it, and at the hypocenter of the blast you caused there's no evidence that your clone ever even existed in the first place. You're not really sure what you expected to find, you definitely cremated her.

“Over here!” Yoruichi calls, and you join her at her side where she gazes down at a pool of slag and glass. “Look at that. Doesn't that look like a gikon pill to you?”

Sure enough, there's a tiny red pearl about the right size to be a gikongan embedded in the center of a cooling plate of glass right about where the fake Yoruichi would have died. You didn't see anything like that where your own clone bought the farm... either it's buried too deep or you vaporized her so thoroughly that not even the gikongan inside her managed to survive the heat.

There's an unaccountable pang of regret in your heart, probably because you realize on some level that the fake Yoruichi and fake Riku may well have had similar feelings towards each other. It raises some interesting questions for another time.

“I'll handle this,” your wife insists, prying the pill that's all that remains of her counterpart out of its glassy prison and rolling it between her fingertips. “You sure you don't wanna take a second look for yours?”

You nod stoically. “She's gone. Not much could survive a blast like that, let alone from the exact origin. It'd be a waste of time to even look.”

“It's weird,” she sighs softly as you walk together back towards the house where you left the Valhallan rebels.
>1/2
>>
File: 11761884_p0.jpg (93 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
11761884_p0.jpg
93 KB, 600x405
>>47843422
“What is?”

“They weren't so different from us really,” she continues. “I mean sure they wanted to replace us, and were willing to kill us to get what they wanted. Sure they had no self-discipline, but what they wanted was almost the same.”

“Maybe they were never simple copies,” Tenkotsuki suggests. “Their abilities and minds were distinct.”

You shake your head, uncertain of how to even reply to thoughts like that. Right now you want nothing more than to sort out this rebellion this afternoon, go home, and cuddle until you pass out. But it's obvious that the politics surrounding the situation here in Valhalla won't allow it.
>>
>>47843439
And with that I'm done for the night. It's been a long week, and I can barely keep my eyes open. Archive is up, hope you enjoyed yourselves, and tune in next week to find out what's transpired in the Seireitei during Riku's absence.

Hope to see you then! Shadows of Zeon is scheduled for tomorrow at the same time. Any questions/comments? Shoot them at my twitter or ask. @QMKingofHearts.
>>
>>47843477
Great quest King.
>>
>>47843477
Makes me wish we didn't go that all-out against fake-Riku, she didn't deserve that.
>>
File: cat in kat lingerie.jpg (152 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
cat in kat lingerie.jpg
152 KB, 900x1200
>>47843477
thanks for running King.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.