[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The passing of a Brother Fa/tg/uy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Toast.jpg (7 MB, 4836x3860) Image search: [Google]
Toast.jpg
7 MB, 4836x3860
Over 6 months I joined a D&D group at my local gaming store. There I met a kid named Logan. Logan was in his mid teens. At first I did not know what to make of him because he had hearing aids and a device drilled into his head and spoke as if he was deaf. At first thats what I thought because it took us several times to explain stuff to him when his batters died.
Regardless we played and had fun. Logan usually played a Dragonborn. Some times a fighter but a lot of times a wizard. As apart of his arsenal was a large amount of fire spells. A LOT of fire spells. I can't tell you how many times those fire balls saved our asses. We were playing the new Demon book just released not too long ago. When we came to a bridge covered in spider webs. Logans first question "Whats the bridge made of?"DM: "Stone"Logan: "Awww"
Logan always had something funny to say and rolled ones religious-lee always in hilarious ways usually resulting in teamkilling the same guy TWICE. The first time with a danger close fireball and second with a javelin to the chest.
Then one day after skipping a week Logans father came to D&D to help Logan down the steps to our play area. Then I learned Logan had just had a Brain tumor removed several days prior. Logan was visibly weak. I then learned this was his fourth tumor. FOURTH. This kid had gone through four tumor sugarys. Yet here he was making it to almost every D&D game he could. Just to play.
Why? Because it made him happy.
His parents told us that Coming to D&D and playing with us. Us who Treated him like one of our own.
Who we treated like our own little brother.
Who we laughed with.
Who we shared storys with.
Who we played with as if we did not have a care in the world.
>>
>>47796081
Tonight his parents came to game night. They Brought with them a bag of D20 dice they custom ordered and gave one to each of us.

And from the bottom of their hearts thanked us for making their son happy when the world could not.

Tonight I raze my glass to the loss of a Brother who for as long as I live I will never forget.

I'm telling you all this so Logan the Fire mage may find some form of immortality in the infinite vastness of the internet so that he will never truly be gone.

TO YOU! YOU MAGNIFICENT TEAMKILLING FIRE DRAGON!
>>
>>47796081
RIP
>>
>>47796081
Well, I was going to make some shitty joke, but damn. RIP, kid. Hope your reroll is better then what the dice dealt you this time.
>>
>>47796081
>>47796086
OP I didn't need these feels. Why must you give me these feels?

In all seriousness, you have my condolences.
>>
>>47796155
The dice the parents gave us we the special dies that are supposed to be super balanced. Each of us either rolled a one or under ten on our first rolls. We could not stop laughing.
>>
Fake and gay.
>>
>>47796218
You still read it and know its in your mind forever.
>>
>>47796236
I smoke enough weed that I can forget anything meaningless in ten minutes.
>>
File: this heretic.jpg (20 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
this heretic.jpg
20 KB, 400x309
>>47796218
>>47796240
>>
>>47796240
Smoke one for me live out in the country so have no way of getting it. Also Captcha asked me to identify the images with grass in them.
>>
>>47796086

Rest in peace, raise a glass.
>>
File: drinking horn.jpg (97 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
drinking horn.jpg
97 KB, 500x500
>>47796081
>>47796086
>>
>>47796218
You're fake and gay
>>
>>47796081

That's the end of his campaign. Rest in peace sir. The clouds up there aren't flammable. But fuck it, roll for it.
>>
>>47796081
Screencapped for you, guys.
>>
>>47796576
Before, this thread was just bleh.
You've made it awful.
>>
>>47796081
To Logan!
>>
>>47796576
bless you sir.
>>
>>47796081
Poor kid. I'm glad you guys accepted him and made him happy. I am sure he and his parents appreciate it more than you will ever know.
Alas, one can only pass a death saving throw so many times...
>>
File: 20160615_211009.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160615_211009.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Just shared this with my drinking buddy. To Logan, RIP my friend.
>>
Raising a glass in honor of this hero among men.

Logan the dragonborn wizard will be a staple npc in my campaigns in memory of him.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.