[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>players scare some guards away from a graveyard to go get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1450991587966.png (133 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1450991587966.png
133 KB, 384x313
>players scare some guards away from a graveyard to go get a thing
>they leave the town the graveyard was in during the same session
>friend comes up to me and says "hey we should see those guards again, that'd be really cool!"
>"alright, maybe I can do something"
>don't really plan on much because it wasn't that interesting of an encounter, and there was really nothing else to do with em
>they never go back to that town again
>friend keeps mentioning the fucking guards after every session
>he's completely bored of the game now, even after putting in a body-less lich in a box that needs to regain his body to give the players powerful spells
>he's still bored

What the fuck? Should I just drop this guy? He said he didn't want an adventure with a lot of combat, so we usually just do things with dialogue, but he's still fucking bored and never says anything during sessions. The only time he speaks is when I have an NPC say something to him. Other than that he just walks around and follows the other PC.
>>
>>47778468

Without knowing what your campaign is like, I couldn't say.

If you're, you know, an adult with half-decent social skills then you could just ask him "what can I add that would interest you, because you seem a bit bored and I don't want anyone to be bored"
>>
>>47778468
Clearly you must make the Guards a recurring pair of NPCs that the group runs into, as clearly there has been a breakdown in communication. Clearly he expected to see the impact the group had on the two, and took your half-assed answer is an affirmation that it would happen. And now, he is no long invested because his immersion is 'broken'. Maybe have those guards be part of a band of bandits and have the fight be averted because the ex-guards remembered the group and they try to negotiate their way out of being killed, or maybe have them be guards at the next town and have them do the 'oh no, not you guys again.' reaction.

You can save him anon, so do it!
>>
File: 1460839548829.jpg (36 KB, 358x335) Image search: [Google]
1460839548829.jpg
36 KB, 358x335
>>47778551
I asked him and he said "It's fine, I'm not bored." so I asked him if he was interested at all and he said "on a scale from negative 10 to positive 10, I go between a -1 and a 1." This gives me a pretty good idea of what I should do, but I don't want to just quit after 15 or so sessions.
The campaign is basically them trying to start a cult and become barbarian kings, but they keep getting sidetracked and doing other stupid shit that has nothing to do with that.

>>47778591
Hm... I suppose I could do that. They're going to go to a town close to the guards town soon, I could try to reel him back in there.
Maybe they could join his cult or some shit.
Thank you for the idea, I was almost ready to give up.
>>
>>47778634
>on a scale from negative 10 to positive 10, I go between a -1 and a 1
This guy sounds like a faggot, don't cater to him
>>
>>47778905
he is a literal faggot, yes
I have someone else I can play with, but I want to at least try to salvage the game.
>>
>>47778468
Have his character meet up with the guards and they can all skip merrily into the sunset together.
Then find a new player. He's bored now, meaning he'll get destructive later.
>>
>>47779260
>he'll get destructive later
he already is, he just tells NPC's to go fuck themselves constantly
it's kinda funny but I dislike dealing with it
>>
>>47778905
>from a -1 to a +1 on a scale of negative 10 to positive 10

Why not just say 5 on a scale of 1-10?
>>
>>47780100
Because 5 isn't actually middle of the road, as that leaves 1-4 of the bored side, and 6-10 on the positive side.

With -10 to +10, you have 0, which is exactly in the middle.
>>
>>47780333
or and here's a radical idea. You make it go from 0 to 10
>>
>>47781083
But that would be easy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.