[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of your previous characters at their peak of power must protect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (240 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
240 KB, 773x1000
One of your previous characters at their peak of power must protect you for one week from 5 of your latest previous characters who are trying to kill you. How fucked are you? Assume one day prep time with your protector.
>>
Pripyat van Haffenstachen's got this. She's a hardass cleric of Pharasma who can clear a room in 2 turns. She doesn't have selective channeling though... ;>_>
>>
Well, the one time I played a super hero system we made God-tier characters. Mine was a telepath capable of casually mind controlling dozens of people at a time, so I'm pretty safe. The rest were in various editions of D&D and a few sessions of runescape before I dropped the system.
>>
>>47733428
>One of your previous characters at peak of power
>Peak of power vs 5 Latest Previous characters

Idk who's stronger, my max Level Anima Witch with void and time subarcanas, My Archmage (MTA) of Time with mastery of Death and Space, or my Scion Demi-Godess of Osiris and Neith who one punched a Titan.
against my 5 previous:
10 Year old Fairest Changeling (Coyote Kith moved to Fairest)
23 Year old Revenant
N/A Year Old Tech Demon
20 Year Old Cheirion Group agent
Something Old Goblin Pyromaniac that likes to burn allies that have fur
>>
Hmmm well weather their defending me or attacking the poison butterfly monk would be more of a hinderence than a help because the giant poison gas cloud attacks weren't in anyway selective, and if he's trying to defend me without using poison he's going down like a sack of shit because he was the glassiest of cannons.

I think my best hope for survival is if I have Morty, my old demigod scion of Baron Samedi repping for me, because while he probably couldn't take them all in a fight he might be able to use his supernaturally good fast talking to win them over.

That means the attacking team would be:

Bill Candy; the worlds nicest halfling, smiley happy ultra good leader of a revolution against evil wizards armed with Wonder Woman's lariat of truth.

Mandy Lorian: Stab happy psycho in the pay of the rebel alliance.

Tsuruchi Katsuo: Character from an L5R in space game who was incredibly paranoid, but did manage to save the empire twice and make it rank 7 so his combat potential was pretty nuts.

Shiro: Aforementioned poisonous butterfly monk, he did technically end the game as a god but a stiff breeze will knock him down, he just keeps getting back up again a couple of minutes later because he was neigh on impossible to permanently kill. Area poison gas attacks are pretty dangerous, but they'd hit his team too.

Boreas the North Wind: A comically over the top swashbuckler with an abiding love of everything beautiful, although to his mind everything good is beautiful regardless of outside appearance, and everything evil is ugly.

They're a mostly close combat group so it might be possible to talk them down while they're charging in, but given that a couple of them move ungodly fast I'm probably still fucked.
>>
A 21 Cleric/ 9 Druid

Vs

10th level fishman rogue
10xp deep nosferatu
3rd level blood rager
crippled one run wonder mage
edgelord tiefling fighter

So what are we supposed to do with the rest of the week?
>>
My most powerful charachter ascended to godhood at the end of the one year campaign, not of my charachters have been able to get past lvl 5, I think i'll be fine
>>
Hmm, absolute endgame dh1e ascension Adeptus Mechanicus arch Magos Militant who laughs at anti tank weaponry with enough psychic defense to make a grey knight jealous, vs a cortex ex Swiss banker action criminal, a low power paladin nightbane monster, a pathfinder evil human lawyer, an up and coming swrpg f&d sith priestess, and a swrpg eote bounty hunter.

I think I'm good, especially with a Forge World, a 40k battlefleet, and willingness to transplant my brain to a far superior machine body. Even my old exalted character would have a hard time at it.
>>
>>47733428
>A Rogue Trader, Pathfinder Cleric, Sangheili Noble, second Rogue Trader more fabulous than the first and a kobold Sorceress walk into a bar.
>They team up to kill some nerd and their Daemon Prince bodyguard!
>>
Level 5 monk has to defend against a demigod scion

RIP monk
>>
>>47733428
>level 8 Warblade/Barbarian/fighter
>+3 Flaming Burst Greatsword with inherent fire damage of 2d6
>optimized around getting first round of combat, charging something and blowing it up, whilst tanking hits with adamantine plate and healing through sword flourishes
>a bunch of dinky ass adventurers with middling tier gear at levels 3-5

I may or may not have issues with DM's and work.

Suffice it to say, I'm fine. My warblade will utterly demolish a party of level 5's easily.
>>
>>47733428
Well, coming at me is a gentleman monster hunter of the Knights of St. George with a pair of big irons, a nerdy high-school hacker with an interdimensional alien symbiont merged with his soul, a brilliant inventor and fashionista with a terrible heart condition, a high-powered business man from a powerful and emergent megacorp who happens to moonlight as a crocodile-human hybrid, and a dead-inside samurai brainwashed from birth by his father to assassinate his enemies. Sounds rough right? But its fine. I have a scion queen from the one true shadow, sorceror-princess of Amber, to Pattern wipe all those other characters away with a snap of her fingers.
>>
E10 Devil-Tiger protecting me against a magical swordsman, a gunslinger, a crazy investigator, a mediocre magus and a dude in a mask who can punch really hard.

I think I'll be okay.
>>
Jonathan Dubois, a half-french low-level vampire (WoD), with 4 dots in Craft (speciality cooking). Punched things, sometimes.

Varrick von Rangrimm, dwarf cleric of Talos, level 11. (D&D 5E) Very selfish, manipulative, but not a total dickhole. Gromril full plate, axe & shield.

Alex Qian, american-born Chinese gunman/lady's man. Arete 5 Dark Hero (WoD). Went to prison for 10 years for dealing coke, currently fights vampires/werewolves with the help of other vampires/werewolves. Dual-wields .44 magnums. (Also still deals coke.)

Oaktide Gruuk, a half-orc barbarian, level 14. She died while suplexing a silver dragon. She pinned it's wings mid-flight, took a round of claw attacks then died from the fall damage (nearly killing the dragon too). She was also totally not fetishbait

José Joestár, Goliath Kryptonian wrassler. Used to be a small town luchadore, then at his title fight Necromancer massacred the audience, including his wife. Travelled to the city of Sigil to try and find out who killed his beloved wife and fans. A pacifist, never killed his enemies, wielded an Orichalcum chair, and famous for his signature move "El Chokeslam Tierno" (the Tender Chokeslam).

VS

Dezzick Jameson, Human Fighter 25/Mechanism Knight 25/Warden 5. Mythic rank 10, Divine rank 1. A human man piloting a colossal +4 magitech mechsuit wielding a 60ft long fullblade. Was in a pathfinder game that the GM deliberately took to ridiculous power levels. Had something like 150 STR and CON, could do 1.4 million damage to everything within his reach, thanks to a combination of the normal, mythic, and divine Vital Strike and Cleave feat trees.

I... think I live. As much as I love the other characters, I think I spend a week living in a maintenance duct in Dezzick's armour while he either murders or talks down the rest of them.

This was fun, more threads like this please.
>>
Mythic Witch who transformed himself into a galaxy spanning architect with trillions of simulacrum and effectively infinite caster level.

Against:

Evil hag nightmare creature,

Megalomaniacal human cult leader/wizard,

Apeman conjuror and his cadre of ape buddies,

Kobold Necromancer trying to become lawful good through wanton murder,

Sorcerer/model.

I think I'll be okay
>>
>>47734551
Just get a fucking gas mask and oxygen tank for the monk since you have one day of prep time. I'm pretty sure they're sold at stores within 3-4 hours of your home.
>>
File: simon_trent_is_happy_again.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
simon_trent_is_happy_again.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
So what you're saying is you're sending just five to face a living not-indiana-johnes-batman, armed with the tool for every single situation and an absolute distaste for killing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.