[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>An Imperial Crusade Fleet has just invaded the last setting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 33
File: Battlefleet_gothic_2163613.jpg (369 KB, 1200x812) Image search: [Google]
Battlefleet_gothic_2163613.jpg
369 KB, 1200x812
>An Imperial Crusade Fleet has just invaded the last setting you played, read, watched, or seen.
>How does it go?
>>
File: 1424852421852.jpg (157 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1424852421852.jpg
157 KB, 960x960
>>47776190
OP here, Halo for me. Day Saved/Totally fucked?
>>
>>47776190
>played
I just got done playing some Dawn of War so everything stays exactly the same.
>read
I recently reread Codename: Sailor V. If we keep it limited to that time period then Minako gets absolutly destroyed. But if we bring in the stuff from Sailor Moon, well, we've had that conversation many times and it never goes well for the Imperium.
>watched, or seen.
Last thing I watched was Space Patrol Luluco. I'd probably give this one to the Imperium, though knowing Trigger's the last couple episodes might contain enough power level escalation to change my answer.
>>
>>47776456
>though knowing Trigger's
history
I left out a word.
>>
>>47776190
Honorverse. A Grayson Space Navy Superdread sneezes and knocks the fleet to dust.
>>
>>47776190
>Warhammer Fantasy

rip chaos
>>
>>47776190
Stellaris by Paradox, I am happy nice end game content for my fleets to kill.
On the other hand I played as militaristic, xenophobic(but not religious) humans so maybe they would fit in my empire and help me purge the galaxy.
>>
>>47776520
Doubt it, half the fleet will fall to the Old gods without the Emperor's guidance, the rest will be lost in the warp.
>>
>>47776190
>played

Golarion, so we all die.

>read

WHFB, so >>47776520

>watched

Top Gear, so I guess they learn about cars?
>>
File: AceCombat5.jpg (167 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
AceCombat5.jpg
167 KB, 1280x1024
>Ace Combat

It's getting hype up in here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E
>>
File: 1465147194374.png (718 KB, 1024x807) Image search: [Google]
1465147194374.png
718 KB, 1024x807
>>47776190
I have no idea
>pic related
>>
The Mote in God's Eye

Dunno, it's a very similar Imperium, except much more Hard Sci Fi (and therefore more limited in reality)
>>
File: The_Rowan_cover.jpg (39 KB, 287x475) Image search: [Google]
The_Rowan_cover.jpg
39 KB, 287x475
>>47776190
Holy shit, that would be fucking hilarious. The book series I'm reading operates under the comically stupid premise that once we develop real psychic capabilities we'll get our shit together to such an extent that there is no warfare, widespread starvation, or significant natural disasters. And they have very few psychic people in their military. Have fun being incinerated by battle psykers!
>>
>invades star wars, just as the empire starts taking over,
a LOT of xenos are about to die, but eventually they'll go down to massed fire.
>>
>the wheel of time

jeez man, I don't even fucking know. They probably execute most of the main characters for being psykers or worse, and then bomb the dark one into oblivion, not knowing that'll accomplish nothing. Then they probably colonise, and treat it as a standard feudal world.
>>
>The Puppet Masters

Purge the Xenos, liberate humans. Many humans under the control of Xenos may have to be purged.
>>
File: Space.jpg (118 KB, 578x300) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
118 KB, 578x300
Space Above and Beyond

It is about space marines and fukken Xenos and AI not accepting human superiority.

There is Tank grown humans treated as 2nd class citizens for the need of cannon fodder. so the Empire might take that as a alternative to the Imperial Guard, or just execute every last one of them for being... I don't know.
>>
>>47776190
>Half-Life

this is going to be fun
>>
>>47776190
So an Imperial Crusade fleet ends up fighting another Imperial Crusade fleet.

I'm okay with this.
>>
>>47776795
>comically stupid

That depends on what the psychic powers do. If they effectively render the monkeysphere not a thing, the idea becomes much more credible.

If they don't, well - is there anything necessarily morally WRONG with frying each other with mindbullets, or is it one of those "ape shall never kill ape" things that never gets applied to any other species no matter how screwed up they are?
>>
>Les Miserables

Considering that warp travel fucking with time is a known possibility I'm going to guess that the Imperial Navy has standing orders to not fuck with Earth's past, so nothing noticeable changes.
>>
Arrives in only war? Sweet reinforcements.
>>
File: laughing worf.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
laughing worf.gif
1 MB, 255x255
>>47777134
>the Imperium
>knowing anything about Earth's past pre-Age of Strife
>being able to recognize Revolutionary France
>>
>>47777154

Hopefully between the geography and the stellar cartography they'd figure something out before they accidentally exterminatus the Emperor.
>>
>>47776190
>Horus Rising
I dont think much would change
>>
>Mage Wars Trilogy

I hope the Navy's down with hedonistic magic griffons.
>>
>>47777154
Emps would likely come out of hiding and make sure they don't fuck shit up too hard
>>
>>47776190

Eberron, the ambitious leadership deems the world salvage at first and the invasion and mass purgings begining earnestly. But soon enough the true extent of corruption is discover the discover. The order for the exterminatus is given and carry out immediately to the misfortune of the soldiers in the surface.
>>
File: spooked.gif (2 MB, 249x220) Image search: [Google]
spooked.gif
2 MB, 249x220
>>47777175
>>47777191
>yfw it's entirely possible this has already happened
>>
>Setting Played
Fallout 4. So.... Synths = Prototype Men of Iron/Prototype Necrons, The Institute = Hereteks, Mutants are Mutants, BoS would get along well with the IoM and aid in the purging of the Synthetics and Mutants and bringing Terra #345 back into the fold, The Minutemen join up with IoM just to keep the people safe and become a full fledged PDF.
>Read
Well, the Potterverse just got fucked.
>Watched
Warcraft Movie.... PURGE THE HERETIC! BURN THE MUTANT! DESTROY THE ALIEN! BANISH THE DAEMON!
>>
>>47777225
Black Library are writing it up as we speak.
>>
>>47776623

>Fly to the upper stratosphere
>Breakthrough the flights of Imperial fighters
>Reach the the Imperial Battleship preparing to bombard a mayor city
>Race against the clock with the small opening in the ship closing
>Trek run throughout the entire ship
>Destroy integral ship components along the way to shutdown the voidshields
>The worldwide legacy of the Ulysses asteroid fires at the now vulnerable ship
>Fly to the other end of the ship while it explodes around you and epic music plays in the background
>>
>>47776190
>Exalted

And that's the story of how the Solar Exalted conquered space.
>>
>>47776190
Played:
Half-life
>combine are oppressing humanity
>it seems like all resistance is worthless
>but then, Gordon Freeman shows up, and with nothing but a crowbar, begins bringing down the combine
>Citadel has fallen
>In exasperation, a combine soldier says "things can't get any worse"
>and then an Imperial Crusade Fleet appeared.
>>
>>47776190

> played
Baldur's Gate.
This one is hard to call. The Imperium is tough, but D&D spellcasters are full of bullshit.

>read
Storm Front.
No contest. Dresden files wizards don't seem like they have the chops of D&D wizards. The Crusade fleet will scour the psykers and warp fiends from alternate-Terra.

>watched
Game of Thrones.
No contest either. Dragons and ice zombies are no big deal to an entire Imperial Fleet, assuming there are Marines on board. Another fuedal-world to tithe.
>>
>>47777089
The monkey sphere still exists for 99.99% of humanity, as that's how many are without the ability to send or receive telepathically. The author just has this asinine paragraph at the start of the first book which states that psychics working for various governments somehow ensured cooperation, despite having NOWHERE near enough psychics to accomplish this.
>>
>>47776190

Played
>World of Warships

gg no re

Read
>Know No Fear

They might be able to warn the Ultramarines and save Calth, but the Word Bearers would still fuck shit up.

Seen
>haven't watched much lately, but I think the last was Event Horizon

So they destroy the Chaos-infected ship, then show humanity how to build Gellar Fields. Everything goes fine afterwards.
>>
>Played: Rimworld

They find a mostly uninhabited, somewhat Terran like world. It's slotted for colonization, and the small pockets of humanity on it are checked for corruption and used as the first wave colonization. My settlement shrugs, and carries on as usual, until the AI they salvaged from a mechanoid ship is discovered. Summary executions follow.
>>
>>47776213

Day saved, humanity fighting xenos, and so would get immediate help from the fleet. I believe they would be willing to overlook the AI given the known lifespans of "smart" AI, and how "dumb" AI are simply really good cogitators. All the other tech would have the Mechanicus oil several robs.
>>
>>47776190
>played
I was playing Sword of the Stars this morning. If the fleet showed up early game they'd stomp the sector, but late game...

>read
I think the last book i read was Starship Troopers, I dunno, it's been a while. If that's the case though, the different humanities would likely team up to go on bug hunts.

>watched
The guys and I watched The Terminator a few days ago. The Imperial troops probably wouldn't even know about the future robot and just conquer the planet. No more judgement day.
>>
>>47777882
I mean, Dresden wizards operate on DBZ rules. If they get pissed enough they might be able to do some crazy shit.
>>
>>47778114
idk, the Haloverse humans being able to FTL with out needing a Geller Field or the use of a Navigator might end up causing a small scale Civil War due to the Navigator Gene no longer being needed and the Navigator Clans not liking the idea of being wiped out.
>>
>>47778363

True, but Emps was going to wipe them out anyways after he got the webway working. I think the overwhelming majority of humans, space marines, and administrators view the Navigators as a necessary evil, and would love to purge them if they were not so needed.
>>
>>47776190
Stellaris, Xenos get fucked
Space Rome is eternal
>>
>>47776190
>played
My last game was a Stars Without Number campaign. Pretty sure the entire sector is ready to get its shit pushed in.

>read
Last book I read was Carrie. Well, someone's due for some sanctioning!

>watched
The Force Awakens? I wont even dare to make a quip here
>>
>>47776190

>Helldivers

I don't think anything changes.
>>
>>47776190
Knights of Sidonia

Well, that's a lot of qt mutant trannies getting purged....

Which wouldn't much diverge from that particular show's policy towards the survivability of cute females. I swear it was written and directed by VirtualOptim.
>>
>>47776190
>Read about OP's Imperial Crusade Fleet thing.
I guess it's 40k v 40k then?
If I take the non smartass route, it's either a romcom or a mundane espionage setting. Both get destroyed
>>
File: 1465172591155.gif (372 KB, 499x281) Image search: [Google]
1465172591155.gif
372 KB, 499x281
>>47777695
This is my fetish
>>
>>47776190
Watching apocalypse now redux right now. The vc are fucked.
>>
>>47776190
> played: Metro 2033
Well, at least the mutants and commies will be gone. Or they don't give a fuck about blown to shit New Terra #34779 and continue sailing the high seas.
>Read: WW2
Well, at least the commies aren't a thing anymore.
>>
>played
Totalhammer. Things are looking for Archaon and co.
>read
The Saga of Seven Suns. Humans/Ildiran might not do so well, but the other ayys would absolutely curbstomp the Imperials.
>watched
Masterchef. Now we're cooking with heresy!
>>
>>47779486
don't forget about the alien beans
>>
>>47776190
Game of Thrones. Well, I legitimately didn't see that twist coming.
>>
>Overwatch

...uh
>>
>>47776190
>created the Imperium of Man in Stellaris.

Nice, reinforcements.
>>
>>47776190
Auraxis.

The ground forces get continually beat the fuck up by the Vanu or NC until they ally with the Terran Republic.
>>
>>47776190
>Pokemon.
>Not just daemons
>Exterminatus insured.
>>
File: 29740125.jpg (67 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
29740125.jpg
67 KB, 960x640
>>47777882
>Storm Front.
>No contest. Dresden files wizards don't seem like they have the chops of D&D wizards. The Crusade fleet will scour the psykers and warp fiends from alternate-Terra.

You haven't seen what the truly powerful Wizards can do. Dresden just barely finished his Apprenticeship and is in his twenties during Storm Front.

Plus, there are multiple beings in the Dresdenverse who can wipe the floor with Chaos Gods.

Do yourself a favor and skip Fool Moon.
>>
>>47779758
Pretty sure that Rayquaza would just solo the fleet. He hates it when people invade his territory. If not him, then one of the other Legendaries would intervene. Dialga could just age them into dust and Palkia would trap them in a pocket dimension for the rest of eternity.

Pokemon has bullshit power levels.
>>
>>47776190
>I Just started a Dwarf Fortress succession game with some friends.

"Welp guys, we lost the fort. New world?"
>>
>>47776190
They burn it from orbit as at least 50% of the population are xenos offshoots or ab-humans, there are monsters that can only be the spawn of Chaos running about almost unchecked. and the only people who can stand and face them are Warp tainted mutants.
>>
>>47779862
Isn't one of the pokemon a literal aspect of Death itself?
>>
>>47779862
Oh please, it takes an act of 10-year-old protagonist to get the legendaries off their collective duffs. The inquisition would order a purge the first time a pidgey looked at them sideways.
>>
>>47779918
Squats are a part of the imperium again anon: as long as they don't do anything heretical, you're fine
>>
>>47776190
>Only War
Looks like the reinforcements have arrived!
>>
>>47778114
Halo AI are created using a cloned human brain.
I'm pretty sure ad mech would view it as becoming completely machine and ok.
>>
>>47780111
>Tech Priest
"ERH MEH GAWD AI!!!" *mechadendrites writhe in anger*
>AI
"Machine Spirit?"
>Tech Priest
"Oh, okay. Carry on then."
>>
>>47776190
The Marvel Universe. The Imperial Crusade Fleet is crushed. Tony Stark quips about it being the third such invasion this week.
>>
>>47780040
Oh hardy har har, nice try. You can't trick me anon.
>>
>>47780025
It takes the actions of large criminal syndicates to propel the Legendaries into action.
>>
>>47780211
>Ultron isn't really 'dead' and infiltrates the machine spirit.
>Starts the second coming of the Men of Iron.
>Becomes an honorary Necron.
>Leads them in the destruction of Organics because it's the only way to protect them from themselves.
>Gets the shit kicked out of him by Orks that remind him of The Hulk in looks.
>Nothing's changed.
>>
File: postaldude.jpg (88 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
postaldude.jpg
88 KB, 460x215
>>47776190
>Postal 2
The Dude somehow finds his way onto each of the ships as he collects things to repair his car, pick up a new lightbulb and a can of paint.

Entire fleet is destroyed both from within and as it turns on itself in a desperate attempt to kill the man who's going about his day enjoying his 2nd Amendment rights while whacking people's heads off with a shovel, flashing everyone and pissing on everything.

The Dude goes home with a jacket full of goodies and no regrets at all while fragments of the fleet fall from orbit.

Not bad for a Monday.
>>
>>47780217
No, really. The administration blames the inquisition, Inquisition blames the mechanics, and mechanics blames the administration for losing the paperwork, but squats are back. Homo Sapiens Rotundus
>>
File: image.jpg (247 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247 KB, 1024x576
>>47776648
>Grey Knights get a new chapter master.
>>
>>47776190
Discworld
Everyone dies
>>
>>47779956
I don't know anything about Gen V so maybe?

Gen V was just awful.
>>
>>47780551
I'm sure Rincewind, Carrot, Vimes or Lipvig would win simply because they're protagonists on the Disc.
>>
>>47780507
I'm sorry, but I can't afford the emotional turmoil of being lied to about this again. I'm going to need to request sauce.
>>
>>47780551
Bitch please. A'tuin would just eat the entire fleet.
>>
File: this.jpg (14 KB, 229x229) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
14 KB, 229x229
>>47780548
>>
>>47780548
>Implying Doom Guy wouldn't tear down the Imperium for being evil

Dude doesn't believe in "Ends justify the means"
>>
>>47780548
>Eye of terror sheds a tear, creating a new segmentum.
>>
>zootopia
> Would either purge or protect it since all the species are native to holy terra
>>
>>47780681
>Implying that it isn't the same as his present and that he wouldn't just plunge into the Eye of Terror to beat the shit out of the Chaos Gods and their Daemonic servants.
>>
>>47780727
After he's done with the Chaos Gods he'd come back out and dismantle the Imperium.
>>
>>47776190
Played: Fallout
Idk goes bad for muties
Read: paranatural web comic
Bad if they can see ghosts
Watched: King of the hill
Propane power baby
>>
>>47776190
>Played
Battlefleet Gothic... Welp, those reinforcements are gonna come in handy!
>Read
The Devil in the White City... I wonder if Khorne would give any special reward to America's first convicted serial killer.
>Watched
Scream: The Series... somehow, those murders don't seem to matter anymore. Noah would make an awesome Inquisitorial Acolyte though.
>>
>SupCom: FA
Actually one of the few settings where they'd get immediately buttfucked if they tried to start shit with anybody of importance.
>>
>>47776870

>Rand wields Callandor
>Fully linked circle of male and female channelers wield (male) Choedan Kal with Rand in charge of the circle

>Nynaeve wields Vora's sa'angreal, (female) Choedan Kal, fully linked circle of channelers

>balefire

It's like nothing ever happened.
>>
>Master of Orion 2

But I'm already playing as the Humans.
>>
File: Amazement.jpg (28 KB, 426x541) Image search: [Google]
Amazement.jpg
28 KB, 426x541
>Nekopara.
Well somebody has a lot of explaining to do...
>>
>>47781136
I dropped Wheel of Time halfway through the middle books. I could not take the eternal bitching of the main characters and their near-anime tier denseness

Does it get better? Will Nynaeve stop being a whinny bitch? Does Rand and the rest of his ragtag "arny" actually get some shit done?
>>
well last thing i read was much ado about nothing... so things are about to get.... interesting.... i guess.
maybe they would be shocked to find the origin of mankind and also some kind of untainted planet.
>>
File: 1461124396412.jpg (291 KB, 1956x2000) Image search: [Google]
1461124396412.jpg
291 KB, 1956x2000
Remnant is fucked. Grim are likely chaos based, dust is basically sorcery, and Hunters use their souls as weapons (sounds like heresy to me.) Maybe if they oppress the Faunus hard enough they will get a pass.
>>
>>47781222

Nynaeve never quite stops being a bitch, but yes she doesn't get better. Also, Rand becomes extremely badass, though angsty, and shit gets done.

Rand and Nynaeve cleanse Saidin, Lews Therin gains some semblance of sanity and he and Rand become almost like 1 person. Rand goes on a balefire murdering rampage against several forsaken, Mat and Perrin both end up being extremely badass, the Last Battle is extremely great.
>>
File: Von Warfare Is Something Else.jpg (37 KB, 500x312) Image search: [Google]
Von Warfare Is Something Else.jpg
37 KB, 500x312
>>47776190
Very, very badly
>>
>>47776795
>Have fun being incinerated by battle psykers!

>>47776190
>>An Imperial Crusade Fleet has just invaded the last setting you played, read, watched, or seen.
Does the warp exist in that series?
I'm guessing it doesn't, and that Psykers aren't gonna be able to do shit.
>>
>>47776190
>played
Dawn of War II, probably ends faster now that the bulk of the Orks and Tyranids are distracted and the Blood Ravens can just focus on developing the anti Tyranid virus without having to babysit the subsector.

>read
Iron Kingdom of Prussia, so hopefully they just leave Earth alone or demand some tithes.

>watched
X-Men Apocalypse. Magneto and Apocalypse are OP as shit and Earth is crawling with mutants so they probably decide to exterminatus it.
>>
>>47781387
>Rand and Nynaeve cleanse the Saidin
I'll stop reading that spoiler there. Should have expected that though. Neither Egwene nor Elayne possess the power or the will to burn away the cloying oil over the Power. Shame, I kinda wanted Egwene to do it.

>>47781338
Faunus may get a pass as they are 95% the same as humans visually (reaaally creative, Roosterteeth), but everything else is FUCKED
Sorcery, soul magicks, daemons beasts that can reproduce enmasse and dont require a host, and especially that one robot chick that got chopped to bits. That one is super tech heresy
>>
File: 1387558357448.jpg (869 KB, 602x2603) Image search: [Google]
1387558357448.jpg
869 KB, 602x2603
>>47780618
>>
>>47776190

>Played
Bravely Default.
Um, that would be a tough one, to be honest. With the whole interlocked and parallel world, technological summons, and the fact that there are at least a few rather powerful deities that have a vested interest in the world only ending on their terms. Plus, with all the other crazy shit that happens in Bravely Second,I think they might be easy to hold off a fleet on their home turf, at least if the world is united.

>read
Honestly can't remember, but I think it was probably rereading Worm. That might be tricky, because there's some serious bullshit in the Worm universe, but relatively low numbers.

>watched
Probably Game of Thrones, which as other people have brought up, would probably be a pubstomp for the Imperium.
>>
>>47781548
Huh... Well fuck my sister and call me a fag, that's amazing news!
>>
>>47781469
This mother fucker jumps on to a hiveworld and slaps a spire.
What do you do?
>>
>>47776190
>Played
>Middle earth, shadow of mordor
It'd be like if warhammer fantasy met warhammer 40k. But with a lot more lasers, guns, and explosions. The orcs and uruk-hai wouldn't stand a chance. But it would be fun to watch the primarchs going up against sauron. I'll put 50 bucks on sauron beating their ass like a drum.

>Read
>Dragonlance: the Ergoth trilogy
First of all, consorting with the myriad amount of filthy xenos that exist in that setting, they might just consider the entire human part of that world not worth saving. But considering the amount of power that the various schools of magic have, the amount of destructive potential that the dragons have, and finally, the quite literal gods that they have, it might be a pretty even fight.
Still, exterminatus can quickly fix that.

>Seen
>The amazing world of gumball
"what the fuck is this? we DID drop out of the warp, didn't we?"
>>
>>47777066
>A rogue Inquisitor recruits Dr. Freeman to help in the fight against Chaos
>Plays like a mix between Half-Life and Call of Cthulhu; for the most part it's a straightforward FPS but there's also a CoC-esque sanity mechanic for when Gordon is exposed to the taint of the Warp

I'd play it.
>>
File: maxresdefault-16.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-16.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>One Punch Man

My overpowered Gary Stu is more overpowered than yours!
>>
>>47781861

Found the Emprah!
>>
>>47776190
>Played
Doom, purge the Daemons!
>Read
Yarrick, Pyres of Armageddon, so not too much different
>Watched
Can't even remember.
>>
>>47780739
After the end of chaos, wouldn't the Imperium mostly dismantle itself? I mean, chaos was its main threat so with that gone it may as well try and better itself.
>>
File: 1450656424150.png (133 KB, 296x333) Image search: [Google]
1450656424150.png
133 KB, 296x333
>>47780709
>Purge
>A terran mutant is still a mutant
>>
File: H2A_-_HighCharityBattle_Concept.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
H2A_-_HighCharityBattle_Concept.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>47776213
Depending on which game you left off on;
THe schism never happens as The COvies and IoM go full tilt at eachother, UNSC either crumped between them, or slinking into the shadows, waiting for shit to calm down if the IOM comes at the coives from another front than the Covie-UNSC one.

Both are pretty dogshit at Tactical combat, and the covies love of CqC would play right into that.
Space would be interesting, depending on which direction the plot armor goes, But the Crusade would most likely go down in a blaze of glory at High Charity itself, Dying to a man while taking out 90% of that armada and HC itself. The forerunner dreadnought would be the deciding factor.

I could not see the Iom being cool witht he AI's, of any type. unless they were on equal-ish footing with the UNSC there would only be war.

And I could see some Magos Biologis screwing the pooch and letting the flood out of some installation, Leading to the flood buttfucking every one if a exterminates campaign is not started quickly.
>>
depend on wether rule books are valid or not. If valid then its the Drop Commander universe and I think the universe would hold out just fine. If not valid then it's the UC Gundam universe where victory depends on where in the timeline it happens.
>>
>>47776190
>Exalted
I think there are more people in that Fleet than there are Mortals in Creation
>>
>>47776190
>Warhammer Fantasy
That's one way to retcon End Times.
>>
>>47776190
>Read
Fate/Stay Night? I suppose they kill the Witches, then try to indoctrinate Earth into the light of Emps?

>Watched
The Warcraft Movie. Side with the Aliance, kill Orcs, wonder why Orcs don't grow back, kill Magic Users, and Eldar(Elves).
>>
File: ultra mega tower of death.jpg (80 KB, 1150x806) Image search: [Google]
ultra mega tower of death.jpg
80 KB, 1150x806
>>47778067
>rimworld
My brother.

>Played

Modded Minecraft. So they warp in above a infinite 'disc-world' and Try to colonize. High levels of magical corruption and fucky physics causes some problems, And the fact that the undead poof into existence in the dark poses some problems, But otherwise they have a Resource rich Dimension of habitable terrain. The Magos parts may take interest in the various portals and shit they find around the world, And the IOM would shitkick the ender dragon and colonize the Nether, then burn the twilight forest to the ground, and ban Myst-world making as forbidden chaos knowledge but abuse it anyways.

I'm torn between them Treating testificates as Abhumans or just slaughtering them all.

>read
Oldman's war
Golly. They shitkick just about any Xenos they run into, Declare the Colonials as Tech Heretics, Take Earth, and then get in a fight with the Konsu and die. Before half way into the sieres this is just the kind of universe that the Iom Thrives in, again, Save the Konsu.
>>
>>47776190
> Played
Homeworld.

The Imperium gets the fuck salvaged out of them.
>>
>>47779244
>Knights of Sidonia
you're opinions on this sires? I was thinking of picking it up.

>>47779449
They'd prolly Take notes from the Commies in terms of how to spend human resources.
>>
File: 1464589712477.gif (999 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
1464589712477.gif
999 KB, 400x266
The world is forced back into order and into Imperial Compliance at gun point.
Still better than Ultimate Despair.
>>
>>47779683
leave
>>
>>47781537

Egwene does some extremely cool stuff, she's one of my favorite characters.
>>
>>47779683
Onics get purged.
>>
>>47780548
Why is doomguy punching genestealers.
>>
>>47782675
Reasons.
>>
> The Martian

Mark Watney would be saved from the barren world his superior left him on, but would quickly be put to death for his smart mouth and heretical beliefs about the machines.
>>
File: 1456110913907.png (330 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456110913907.png
330 KB, 500x500
>>47776190
>PlanetSide 2
Vanu xeno lovers get PURGED
NC get "reconditioned"
TR gets made into the new MAXIMUM DAKKA Guard Regiment.
>>
Played: A LotW game using the nanoha setting.

Not sure. Aces are anti-battleship weapons and even nova cannons pale in comparison with the targeted removal of Arc en curls.

On the other hand the TSAB is a rather pacifitic group as long as you are not tearing holes in reality or misusing magic.

On the third hand, we'be never seen the TSAB on a total war footing. Even the Arc en ciel ships are science/police vessels.

It would be a he'll of a fight and some marine will get a shock when one of the PCs is physically more powerful.
>>
>>47782675
That is what Imps look like now.
>>
> Mass Effect
I hope to God /tg/ has already written about this.
>>
>>47783124
There are crossover fanfics of Mass Effect with every other semi-popular sci-fi setting around
So yes, there is likely a story about that.
I KNOW there's one where a group of Sisters of Battle end up in the MEverse and start trying to convert people.
>>
>>47783124
What is there to say? Purge everything nonhuman, destroy the machines.

The AdMech would immediately coopt the mass effect technology and it would disappear.

Cerberus might get picked up by an Inquisitor.
>>
>>47779800
>You haven't seen what the truly powerful Wizards can do.
I figured there may be something like that. Which is why I mentioned the specific book I was up to, rather than just saying Dresden Files.
>>
>>47776190
>Gods of Egypt
Oh dear, they either exterminatus the planet or they get eat by Apophis.
>>
File: 2.jpg (184 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
184 KB, 1600x600
I'm guessing the imperial fleet that invades the world of Ranma would be hilariously incompetent even by 40k standards.
>>
>>47779800
What can truly powerful Wizards do in Dresdent Files?
>>
>>47783303
Seriously though, feel free to skip Fool Moon.
>>
>>47776213
Totally saved.
By warp you can arrive before you left so most reasonable explanation why there is Earth without Empire is that crusade traveled to of dark age of technology. That means UNSC is backed by silent approval of young emps and ministorum goes to find emperor.
So crusade should be integrated with UNSC and that would give them enough firepower to win.
Imperials will find their emperor who would explain where they fucked up.
Mechanicus dies of constant orgasms from being near ancient technology and it's creators.
Xenos are purged, mankind knows of what will fuck them in next 30k years and can prepare preemptive strike on eldar before they fuck up the warp for everyone.
>>
>Played: TES:V
Well, from what ive heard of some of the crazy magic that the psyjic order an aldmeri dominion have its probably a matter of who strikes first
Read: SotSS
>>47779486
>>
>>47780040
>Dwarf fortress
>As long as you dont do anything heretical
>>
>>47776190
dark souls 3. i imagine the inhabitants of lothric would greet the imperial army with a resounding "meh"
>>
XCOM 2.
Xenos 'bout to get the shit purged out of them.
>>
>>47783965
Well the imperial fleet would probably bomb the shit out of it for being a daemon world.
>>
>>47783985
So is X-com
For employing Psykers without proper protocols, and for using Xenotech
>>
>>47776190
I feel bad for them. They are trapped in a confusing universe, where the editor should have been executed via a firing squad.
>>
>>47784022
absolutely. i just meant the people in the world wouldn't care since everything was so fucked anyways.

that being said, there's probably some ancient prophecy about some chosen undead fated to destroy the lords from the sky yadda yadda emperor is the final boss and it's really sad, beautifully directed, and super glitchy.
>>
>The Saga of Seven Suns

Mah negro
>>
Everyone's probably fucked but at least we got some sweet sfm movies out of it.
pic is the only relevant file on my phone
>>
>played Alien Swarm
Nice some people that can actually purge earth from the xeno's.
>>
>>47782880

>It would be a he'll of a fight and some marine will get a shock when one of the PCs is physically more powerful.

>Magical Girl
>More powerful than a marine.

You don't play 40k, do you?
>>
>>47782793
Implying they don't get nuked for tech heresy with all the nanite shit everywhere.
>>
>>47784276
But he is right, some magical girl's could throw around warships. No marine can do that.
>>
>>47782069
Orks, nids, and necrons are still angry, hungry, and ambitious.
>>
>>47776190
>played
Endless Legend. Imperium mines the shit out of Auriga, space marines become even more Mary Sue with help of Dust, Mithrite and Hyperium.
>>
>>47776190
>Played
Anima: Beyond Fantasy. I don't know what the forces in the shadow could do, but given that they use gods as fuel they shouldn't have much problems. Can't the same for the middle-age peasants sadly.
>Read
Eclipse Phase. Yeah... I think transhumanity would be purged swiftly. Except maybe the Jovian. And I can't see the TITANS being worst than a monday on Mars (which is still pretty bad)
>Watched
Zootopia. Come on now, this isn't even funny.
>>
>>47776190
>Doom universe
I guess they hail Doomguy as Emperor's prophet?
>>
>>47776623
Is it going to better than that last horrendous shitfest?
>>
>>47776190
>Stellaris
Depends on if it's late-game or not.
>>
>>47784283
Are nanites really tech heresy? I thought it was more some kind of lost technology.
>>
File: G-boi.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
G-boi.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>47777066
Speaking about HL and WH40k, G-man looks a lot like a Warp entity

>Manipulative, sacrifices millions if not billions for his employers' plans
>Control over space and time, and his own little dimention
>Countered only by the combined efforts of Vortigaunts, a psychic species

Actually, i can also see him as humanity's "god" (similar to the Eldar gods), pushing them to propel them to the future with psychic awakening from the Vorts and Combine technology.

Too bad we'll never know, cause i'm pretty sure the writers themselves have no idea what he is or where to go with him.
>>
>>47783943
I now want to see a Titant Imperator against the Numidum.
Even if now that I think about it the fight would be hilariously one-sided.
>>
>>47776190
>elite dangerous

day saved, they basically found a pre age of strife humanity with no technomagic bullshit and safe hyperjump wthout having to gaze into the warp, im sure the sight of that would kill several techpriests for the sheer amount of excitement
>>
>>47776190
>Played

Dark Souls 3. Some backup!

>Read.

I'm reading Malleus by Dan Abnett, so no change there.

>Watched

I'm watching that Scream series on Netflix. Exterminatus seems a bit extreme in this context, although it would stop the murders happening.
>>
>>47776190
Gabriel Knight universe.

Well, voodoo and other magic shit is real, so that means 1993 Earth's probably gonna get purged.
>>
File: 4bSEWfY.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
4bSEWfY.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>47776585
>Top Gear, so I guess they learn about cars?

TONIGHT

I TEST A BANEBLADE AGAINST SOME FILTHY XENOS

JAMES LOOKS INTO A BOLTER BARREL

RICHARD PURGES HERETICS WITH A BASILISK

AND THE LION IS OUR PRIMARCH IN A REASONABLY PRICED LAND SPEEDER
>>
>>47780681
He'd probably prioritise, first engaging chaos, heretics, and filthy xenos.
>>
>played
>AOEII
Oh hey the Imperium gets a new fuedal world.

>read
>Fate/Hollow Ataraxia
I dunno...I doubt a single fleet could take on the combined bullshit of the true magicans, the Fuyuki servants, the DAA and the anti-alien invasion shenanigans the counter-force is implied to have (assuming that triggers from humans from another universe). That's assuming that the other planets don't get pissy that they're flying around in their turf and send the Aristotles out to eat them.

>seen
>Better Call Saul
:(
>>
>>47776190

>Played
Civ:BE
My supremacy Civilization probably gets blamed for tech-heresy

>Read
Shield of Baal: Leviathan
Bugs get squished quicker.

>Watched
Penny Dreadful
Witched blamed or fed to the black ships. Mutants blamed. The rest become fodder for the Imperial machine.
>>
>>47785578
But anon, who would be the stig?

>Wait, an expert move like that in that car could only be executed by a tactical gen - CREEEEEEEEED!
>>
>>47777882
>No contest. Dresden files wizards don't seem like they have the chops of D&D wizards.

Eh, a single one did manage to genocide a whole species recently, although it was sort of a singular event. Could potentially off the whole contingent of astartes with one shot.
>>
>>47778014
Anne McCaffrey was writing in the heyday of hippy love-fests, where the brotherhood of all mankind and the eventual extinction of conflict, was, just like, so inevitable man.

I loved her stuff when I was a teenager, but geeze. She really can't write for crap. For a self-proclaimed feminist author, she has something like three standard female archetypes that she trots out over and over again - and they're not even particularly original (strong, confident leader; evil hedonistic seductress; shy, good-natured doormat).
>>
Powers tv series. Who the fuck knows how that ends.
>>
>>47781222
There's like a five book lull that is a massive hump. There's this huge, boring-ass Perrin-chasing-his-wife subplot that takes thousands of pages to resolve, and gives no reason to care.

In my opinion, quality drops after book 6, and doesn't pick up again until Sanderson took the helm with book 12.
>>
>>47784276

Unless there's two LOTW-nanohaverse games going on, I'm another player in that one; and the PC he's probably talking about is literally strong enough to lift a frigate and tough enough to soak, without any trouble, an anti-battleship breaching charge at point blank.
>>
File: n8umtuualkrxgzxwmhp5.jpg (87 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
n8umtuualkrxgzxwmhp5.jpg
87 KB, 800x450
>>47779244
>>47782378
I just started watching that - took a bit for me to get into it, but it's pretty damn good. Took a bit for me to get used to the art style.

And yeah, life is god damned cheap in that setting, they're popping off characters left and right. It was a bit shocking, actually, considering the last show I watched was something something Asterisk.

Bitchin' intro though. I'd be curious to see what the Imperium could do with Garde technology.
>>
>>47786177
I actually liked Dom/Perrin screaming WHERES MAH WIFE, but it did drag on for quite a bit.
>>
>Gate
They just do what the Japs did to the Empire
>>
>>47776190
I was just reading Beyond the Shadows. Whelp.
>>
>>47776190
>Played
CoC.
Another crusade lost to the warp.

>Watched
Burn Notice.
"My name is Michael Westen, I used to be an Inquisitor until I was burned."

>Seen
Now you see me 2
Main characters nearly get purged but actually was an elaborate plan to steal the whole crusade. Plus a shocking revelation that Morgan Freeman is the Emperor in disguise.
>>
>>47783556
What's so bad about it?
>>
File: 1463689612155.gif (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1463689612155.gif
2 MB, 512x384
Dead space.
All of my yes, I want this fucking movie now.
>>
>Warframe
I feel like this has been done to death, but uh. The Tenno keep doing their thing but eventually get whittled down because there aren't enough of them?
>>
>>47776190
>/v/idya game Duskers, few hours ago
>/tg/ thread that derailed into that monstergirl animu, few minutes ago
>Overwatch video, few hours ago
>titalfall from image thread, few minutes ago

For the love of god I would bow down to ank human contact in duskers, shit's so lonely
Purge mutant for monstergirl thread I guess
Purge abominable intelligence for overwatch
Just takeover and control for titanfall
>>
>>47787186
It's just the worst of the series and many people just get turned off by it. Storm Front is formulaic, but that was intentional. Fool Moon is just all over the place. Skip it.
>>
>>47776213
>UNSC under the full might of the Covenant
>Earth itself just falls under attack
>Suddenly an entire crusade fleet appears above earth and exterminate the covenant forces fighting on and above earth
>Pursue the covenant and drive every member species to extinction
As for the fate of Halo's people they would probably be mostly fine, their AI might have to be killed but since AI don't really run their civilization after the purging of them the Imperium would be fine. Most the rest of their gear is shit except power armour and spartans are pretty much just regular augmented humans, still not comparable to marines. The spartans are probably comparable to Inquisitor Hector Rex who was taken in as a child, modified by science and shit and is now a giant murder machine.
>>
>>47783495
Burn continents, were they so inclined.

One hedgemage went around eating souls.
>>
>>47776190
Sorcerers assemble and accidentally kill them while rolling for diplomacy
>>
>>47786557
Glad to see someone else read the Night Angel Trilogy.
>>
>>47776190
they weep as holy Terra is now worse off than kreig

>fallout
>>
>>47776190
The Culture series
"Hmmm... That's an unusually fucked up 4th lvl culture." Commented the Mistake Not.
>>
dig dig dug
ship explodes trying to occupy the same space as the fucking ground
>>
Last vidya was Defect. What happens is that they curbstomp the first battle, then collectively kick their officers out the airlocks and join the pirates. Thanks to their shitty ship designs with lots of blind spot, they lose.
>>
>>47776190
>been playing the FFV Four Job Fiesta
>SUDDENLY CRUSADE
I'm expecting world 1 to be purged for heresy, world 2 to face exterminatus because of all those filthy xenos, and world 3 to result in the ][ losing a bunch of dudes because the heretic purgers and xenos exterminators didn't communicate properly.
>>
>>47779800
Fool Moon wasn't that bad...plus several pieces later on reference it. Grave peril is where it starts getting good
.>>47783495
Drop large objects on the buildings of our enemies, cause a TV studio to malfunction because fuck that dude, or shape shift at will. Dozens more but I'm trying to not be specific on major spoilers. Worth a read though, after the third book it gets continually gets better.

>>Op
Last watched : movie Warcraft, show Clone wars.
Warcraft would end in utter slaughter of all on Azeroth. Clone wars.. Probably a lot of Clones and Jedi die, but republic wins as the war on two fronts for the crusade fleet is unsustainable against these new Iron Men and the uncompromising nature of the republic. Palatine still wins, just gets to empire faster since the fleet probably weakens the jedi's strength.

Read, uhh...erfworld? Probably not so good for erf.

Played, league? Well, there goes Summoners Rift. At least I don't have to deal with ranked anymore.
>>
>>47777225
>the Ordo Chronos "vanished" because they're almost all running around the timestreams trying to stop overzealous, idiotic Imperial captains from fucking with old Earth
>they haven't had spare time to file reports back to the Ordo in millenia
>>
>>47789272
>the time-travelling dudes in charge of keeping the time continuum the same don't have any spare time
>mfw
>>
File: 1399956523928.jpg (86 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
1399956523928.jpg
86 KB, 640x512
>>47789426
>>47789272
I can get behind this
>>
>>47788969
I think it's a lot more popular than everyone thinks it is. I tend just to reread specific scenes though.

Musical magic is best magic.
>>
Diablo 3 as the crusader saved or fucked? Also, how would they react to the prime evils, the archangels, and the different classes?
>>
>>47776190
>Doctor Who
Daleks follow the fleet through the Warp to Earth, Cybermen assimilate everyone on the planet, Earth gets Exterminatused, the Doctor's companion dies three times and the Doctor is lost in time.

Next week, the Doctor comes back, fixes everything, send everyone home, everyone forgets anything ever happened.
>>
>>47776190
>Star wars 6 months after order 66

OH GOD WE JUST GOT OUT OF THE FUCKING AGE OF IRON MEN.
Thread replies: 201
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.