[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you recommend me some good novels set in Warhammer Fantasy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Can you recommend me some good novels set in Warhammer Fantasy. I've read some of the Horus Heresy novels, and some of the Ciaphas Cain stories, I'm wondering if the Fantasy side of the house has anything to offer?
>>
Mistborn series by Brian Sanderson has a dark fantasy vibe, and the series is damn good.
>>
File: dead world.jpg (59 KB, 313x477) Image search: [Google]
dead world.jpg
59 KB, 313x477
>>
>>47728358
Gotrek and Felix series is the classic WHFB novel series.

Then you've got Genevieve Undead. I've got the omnibus in the bookcase next to me and I still consider it one of the best books I own of any fantasy setting

After that, you've got loads to choose from. C.L. Werner usually produces decent quality. Also, I like the short story anthologies since there are generally a couple of good stories there.

As a general rule, the more recently it was published the worse a Warhammer novel is likely to be. The sweet spot for warhammer is from the late 90s to the mid 2000s

And if you feel like checking out more Wahammer 40k, if you haven't read any of Dan Abnett's work I strongly suggest that you check him out. My advice would be to start with the Eisenhorn trilogy.
>>
File: WHFB Novel Realm of Chaos.jpg (223 KB, 649x1030) Image search: [Google]
WHFB Novel Realm of Chaos.jpg
223 KB, 649x1030
This is filled with great short stories about Sigmar and chaos.

Don't confuse it with the three other Warhammer books of the same name.
>>
>>47728996
>the more recently it was published the worse a Warhammer novel is likely to be. The sweet spot for warhammer is from the late 90s to the mid 2000s
This is very true of 40k as well.
>>
>>47728358
WHFB has (or rather had) some of the best fiction GW ever produced.

All the classic stuff is great (Bill King's Gotrek & Felix stories, the Konrad trilogy, the Orfeo books and the Genevieve novels)

Moving into the Black Library era you can't go wrong with C.L. Werner's stuff, the Zavant Koniger stories, Murder in Marienburg is good - I find my favourite WHFB books are the ones were huge battles are absent or kept to a minimum
>>
>>47728358
Gotrek and Felix are awesome.
The story of the Slayer who simply cannot find anything that kills him and the human warrior who is there to chronicle his death who hopes he never finds the thing that kills him because he swiftly realizes anything that could kill Gotrek will make short work of Felix five seconds later.

Oh!
And the hilarious Skaven warlock who's plans they constantly thwart to the point where he considers them his personal nemesis even though they've never met the guy and don't know who he is.
>>
>>47732128
Thanquol is hilarious.
G and f and great, give you that realistic grimey feel for what living in the whfb times would of been like.

Starting off as small time adventures, and stumbling themselves into epic level battles. They never win by themselves alone, but help to get that crucial edge.

Really loved the series.
>>
G&F got a bit weird when F started getting a taste for women half his age.

Anyone got a pdf for Beasts in Velvet?
>>
>>47728358
Gotrek and Felix, also the Vampire Wars trilogy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.