[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: LuchaApoco.jpg (64 KB, 736x932) Image search: [Google]
LuchaApoco.jpg
64 KB, 736x932
Some friends and I are going to play a sci-fi post-apocalyptic campaign in the near future. It is supposed to be set somewhere on the US/Mexico border. While looking through available classes, I found one where a mask is class feature, to the point where the character can ask his mask for advice.

So my thought was a luchador. Sort of. The masked persona is of a brazen and brave (but dead) luchador as envisioned by the guy wearing it. The guy wearing it is meek, cowardly and not violent.

So, mask on - brawling, combat badass, with some serious bloodthirst who travels with the party for the thrill of battle. Mask off, meek, borderline useless guy who stays with the party because he wants to survive and he figures he can't survive in the post-civilization world on his own.

The two sides are allied, of course, since they are the same person, but have conflicting interests, ideas and methodologies. Mind you, the character still uses a weapon and won't do like absurd wrestling moves or anything. Too often.

Am I trying to do too much here? Is it a dumb idea? Just looking for some feedback.
>>
Fuck yeah, go for it.
>>
File: 1456297121460.png (91 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1456297121460.png
91 KB, 676x673
>>47664994
This is a great idea and you are a pretty cool cat Anon.
I would consider not making the Maskless character *too* useless. Maybe he has some good book smarts or something? Or is actually decent at getting along? Maybe just very aware and a little paranoid, unlike the Mask who is heedless of danger.
Still, this could be a really fun character. Think about how the Mask might feel about the other party members vs how the Maskless feels (while knowing they're the same person). Maybe your character feels very attracted to another party member, so the Maskless is shy and awkward, maybe a little distant around them, while the Mask is flirtatious in the extreme. Stuff like that.
Another fun angle might be thinking about how wearing the mask enables the character to do the things he has to to survive the wasteland. "I didn't do that. *He* did."
Also, I think it would be kind of cute if the Maskless was a HUGE fan of the real guy who wore the Mask before the apocalypse, so he obsessively collects memorabilia when he can find it.
Also, this idea reminds me a little of pic related. Have you played Hotline Miami?
>>
>>47664994
Luchador's don't take their masks off
>>
File: payday2_jacket.jpg (19 KB, 600x264) Image search: [Google]
payday2_jacket.jpg
19 KB, 600x264
>>47664994
>Do you know what time it is?
>>
File: 1463427961722.jpg (359 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1463427961722.jpg
359 KB, 1280x720
So essentially Splatterhouse?
>>
>>47664994
I like it, do it.
>>
>>47666242
OP, you have to do it like this. Have your character be an actual autist without the mask, but with non-combat skills that are useful and relevent to your system. In combat however, have your character be a meticulous and merciless powerhouse. Have him be like a blitzkrieger, but not reckless. He isn't a berzerker, he wants to kill his enemies, but he doesn't have any bloodlust. He is the epitome of a professional.
>>
I really love the ideas and thanks for the feedback.

The character class gets some pretty major debuffs if they're ever forcibly unmasked, and generally can't unmask willingly.
>>
>>47665761
>Also, I think it would be kind of cute if the Maskless was a HUGE fan of the real guy who wore the Mask before the apocalypse, so he obsessively collects memorabilia when he can find it.

This was kind of my thought. A "I can't survive this, but my favorite wrestler can."
>>
File: Captain_Chaos.jpg (12 KB, 316x254) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Chaos.jpg
12 KB, 316x254
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.