[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your campaign ideas /tg/, either current games or games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 1464289018098.jpg (68 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
1464289018098.jpg
68 KB, 600x412
Post your campaign ideas /tg/, either current games or games you've been wanting to run

Other people critique them
>>
>>47660746
No, you
>>
I've had a baby of a campaign I've been working on off and on for a few years.

The problem. Is that I've come up with a beginning, and an endgame in mind, it's just filling in the middle I've always had trouble with.

Basically the party finds the McGuffin in the beginning, which is an orb. If they decide to do some research they'll find out it's a holy relic to the predominant Good religion. Really though, it's actually the Eye of Vecna, and long ago his disciples forged the story of the relic in hopes would-be do folders would go out questing for it while they search elsewhere. Periodically, the eye gives the holder insight or flashbacks to events that have happened, and sutely whispers temptations ala The One Ring. Eventually cultists pick up the trail and give chase. Meanwhile, a mind flayer cabal is attempting to get their hands on the artifact to power their doomsday machine that will block out the sun and plunge the world I to darkness so the creatures of the under dark can rise up and take over the surface.

The issue I seem to think I'll have is that I would basically need a cleric (likely) or a paladin (less likely) in the group to really drive the whole searching for the answers/returning it to the church. It would also help if they worshipped the god in question. I don't know, I'll probably never get to run the game.
>>
>>47660955
Autocorrect's a bitch.
>>
A campaign revolving around a secret magical war going on behind the scenes in WW2.
Each major nation would have its own 'flavour' of magic. Germany would have some kind of magitech, Britain would have druidic magic, summoning elementals, that kind of thing. Russia would have blood magic- all those soldiers executed for 'cowardice?' Yeah.

I ran a one-off session for some players as Wehrmacht soldiers on the Eastern Front. It featured semi-sentient Panzer IV tanks that would whip themselves into a battle frenzy and do all they could do murder Russians. It was pretty fun.

I'd like to run a longer campaign, possibly featuring the players as SAS troops in North Africa, but I can never get the players together.
>>
>>47661008
I'd play in that. What's the flavour? Hellboy? Lovecraftian? Delta Green?
>>
Played around with this idea for a while. Never really got to it though.

Magitech with a dash of cowboy, where the entire world is known to be one massive train, whatever is outside hasn't been seen in so long all records of it have been destroyed or forgotten. On the train cities have been built, resources are farmed or collected from ports which provide anything from dirt to water to meat. Firearms are around, the odd pistol is a common weapon with revolvers being for gun nuts, law enforcement or well established groups looking to control people use rifles and proper shotguns. Technological items are abound while being fueled with magic engineering, even limited flight (Going above the city walls, high enough to see outside the train is dangerous due to magic and deadly winds)

A couple religions, primary one worships whatever engine the train world runs on and hunts arcane casters for stealing from it's energy but worship the naturally occurring divine casters as chosen people. The other being essentially fume junkies, the train lets out smoke which normally causes people to hide in shelters but the fume junkies come out and breath it in, bottle it, condense it into liquids, etc. They're like the night dwelling boogeymen, drag people out of shelter into the clouds, bad reputation, etc

Law enforcement comes in three flavors, vigilantes, gang, and mafia. Vigilantes are the neutralest group, keep order, maybe some strong arming, carry the biggest gun so no fights break out. Gangs are the more violent side of vigilantes, groups which fight over resource ports and then claim territories enforcing whatever laws they please, charging for resources they get at high prices. Mafia is surprisingly the best bet, a cohesive super gang really but they keep prices fair, clean out more violent lesser gangs and have the only real internal justice system known. Just don't break their rules and they'll treat you good.

Magic/tech is a bit intertwined and also oddly flavored. Cont
>>
>>47661082
Magic is in three groups again
Divine is hardest to come by as the church of the train doesn't teach casting formally so you're left with old books and stories to learn from. Taught divine casters however are acceptable and considered pious, if suspicious. The naturally side however is highly valued by both churches depending on how they act, the train guys want good casters that heal and obey orders, the fume guys want the ones who just do cool tricks to watch while high and dying.

Arcane casters are just straight up hunted for their blood, especially if they go against the grain of the vigilantes. The church thinks they steal power from the train, thus world's engine and hasten it's death, so they pay high prices to have them hunted down. However the mafia group loves them, arcane can't work for the churches so thats how they get their magical tech. Boss needs a new arm? Find a wizard. As a side note: All magic comes in some flavor of western, divine and arcane. Fireball? Creates a shotgun which makes a fire explosion. Cure wounds? Jug of booze to heal your wounds. Protection? Nice flaming poncho bro.

Lastly are the tinkerers and alchemists, the bulk of magic users as they don't technically use magic. They just make mundane things do things that look magic, supply the public with goods, and are the inventors of firearms. Almost a faction in themselves, as while anyone can make a gun now not everyone knows how to make black powder. In addition to the weapons they've also made wonders like gliders, motorbikes, mechanical mounts, prosthetic limbs, implants, just about anything you can think up you can bet one of them is going to make it happen eventually.

Thats about all I got so far, playing with the idea of the further back you go the cities and farms fall apart into forgotten ruins where mutants and fume addled mad wizards hide, go ahead to the engine and theres magic elementals and constructs guarding it from living things.
>>
>>47660746
Has anyone played AO? I want to run a camp in that setting
>>
>>47660746
Players play as an illuminati circle of dragons who secretly (or not so secretly) rule over the world in the shadows. They meet every hundred years in a secret lair to discuss their respective parts of the global conspiracy.

When they meet again for the current century's summit they find themselves attacked by an army of a high-level adventurers who pieced together the conspiracy and wanted to end their shadowy reign.
>>
Early neolithic low magic campaign.

PCs are inhabitants of a tribe who have just come of age and are starting to take on actual responsibilities. Purely coincidentally the first demons are starting to enter the world and everything is going to go to hell in a handbasket unless they can pull through.

Currently they're trying to deal with an influx of undead that one of their gods is creating to fight the demons when they arrive, with the unfortunate side effect that in order to get enough zombies he's going to have to kill them and everybody they know.

Elves are psychic and solitary, dwarves are either similar to humans or cannibalistic feral forest-people. Gnomes and Halflings don't seem to exist. Probably all sounds like shite, but it's my first campaign and it seems to be going okay.
>>
I wanted to run Fallout tabletop campaign about NCR troopers stranded in oregon and getting involved in struggle between Original Factions donut steel struggle over what is totally not Hoover Dam knock-off (In terms of role, not in terms of actual function)

But I never really got even to the point of marking points of interest on map.
>>
File: 14449944754390.jpg (127 KB, 1350x1080) Image search: [Google]
14449944754390.jpg
127 KB, 1350x1080
>>47660955
>for a few years
Today is day 30 from the point I started designing my Shadowrun campaign and this makes me feel sorta... sad. Can't just half-ass it, so guess it'll take much more time, like this.
>>
>>47661652
All together I've been working on it off and on for about eight years. In those eight years there have been very large gaps of time that I've forgotten about the idea and remembered, and had to remember what I had come up with. The entire thing is basically still in the conceptual stage.

On three different occasions I've attempted to run the game, and they all fizzled. The first time was when I was still a teenager and had first came up with the idea. After the first session another player in the group wanted to run a game. We were all just getting into D&D so it wasn't unheard of to just continuely play one shots. I tried to make a note that we would come back to that game, but never did.

The second was a few years later, I ran the game for an inline group. It was nice because there was a paladin in the party I could use the orbs visions on. Like most online games though it crashed after a few sessions.

That latest time was probably seven months ago. I ran it for my current group, but I altered things a bit, and had someone steal the McGuffin before they could get to it. I was expecting them to give chase, but since they really didn't see what was taken, and weren't picking up on my hints that something important was taken, I instead dropped a dusty time in front of them and led them on a series of archeological digs to find clues about the orb and it's real use. Or at least I would have if one of the party members didn't steal the supply funds to prove a point that someone could in fact steal the supply funds, and we ended at the beginning of an interparty throw down and never picked it back up again.
>>
>>47661809
Point I'm trying to make is that it doesn't take THAT long to put a game together, it just depends how comfortable you are with what you have on hand and if you think it's good enough to be run.
>>
>>47661830
Thanks anon, that helped.
>>
>>47661973
Keep up the good work. We're gunna make it.
>>
My idea is that the player will be working for a scholar who is researching a taboo or maybe forgotten form of magic at the same time managing his fiefdom. They'll basically be his go to guys for most things and depending on how they work for him will determine if they can sway his decisions or flat out manipulate him.
>>
File: 1436214854892.jpg (269 KB, 720x531) Image search: [Google]
1436214854892.jpg
269 KB, 720x531
I'm working on a project called the Grand Campaign (my given name)

And the entire aim is to exploit my players motives and turn a Noble world into a grim dark one. I'm still working on the setting and plot beats as well as a betrayal (which I'll get to later). So a quick summary of the world first.

There are 11 gods and 12 kingdoms, each Kingdom is ruled over by a god and a champion. Are territorial disputes are settled by champions of these Gods. There is no such thing as armies or militarises, everything is done by Honourable duels on a national level or on a minor level.

Adventures are hired to deal with things such as monsters as well as other stuff. Furthermore everything is done to a noble degree. Even criminals are highway men more so than bandits. Each of the 11 gods portray a virtue.

Heres the thing though, One of the players is a fallen god. God of Chaos. I've been working closely with this player and they'll try to rise to the top again to be a god. Knowing my players they'll try to solve problems in what seems like the best way possible as well as trying to think outside of the box. Therefore i need to them to try and do the "good" thing and not the lawful thing and this is by making them spread the idea of town guards and armies. Furthermore these gods get their power from belief therefore by spreading the idea of self protection this disrupts the gods powers.
>>
I had an idea for a campaign of Savage Worlds that would involve the PCs being survivors in a world where an experiment in time travel gone wrong caused the Earth of multiple timelines to merge together. Long story short, STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl meets Turok.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 600x402
>>47660746
>1200 tech , magic is a common thing but not as precise or effective enough to be used for more advanced stuff, and catalystic devices are expensive as fuck

>geography comparable to israel
>a phenomenon of magical shit going on at the "storm peak" nukes most stuff which is too close away
>leftovers of the energy causes many people in the nearby areas to become either undead (and horrible abominations later on) or lose their minds comparable to DaS hollows
>aftereffects keep worsening until staying at the surface becomes too dangerous on long term
>nomads , mountain dwellers and other folks seek asylum in the undertown of Nucca, which had its surface town infested with monsters and shit
>food , homes and overall resources fail to satisfy the growing demands
>we also have a kingdom-sized city in the middle of the desert , which seems to have grown out of the dust , with weird crystal people roaming around
>this is when the campaign is supposed to start

i am not sure if i should make the phenomenon some kind of natural disaster , or made by some evul wizzard or shit.
i intended it to be somewhat sandboxy , and like a campaign to rebuild civilisation instead of simply killing stuff.
>>
File: ooam-art-06.jpg (754 KB, 2000x965) Image search: [Google]
ooam-art-06.jpg
754 KB, 2000x965
Had an Eberron 5e monster campaign idea for a while. Something about Droaam inhabitants banding together and defending their "kingdom's" interests. Or/and earning a reputation for their warband. Playable races would include medusa, goblin, hobgoblin, hag, and changeling or an actual doppelganger.

Main difficulty so far has been scarce lore and elusive characterization of monster races.

Like, how does medusa society work? Only useful article I've found is http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20060905a . Also read through Keith Baker's Thorn books and started Bassingthwaite's Legacy of Dhakaan series but still, not much details.

It's pretty interesting, still, trying to put together different races which are supposed to be sort of competitive. Lots of work ahead. Maybe it won't work out in the end (since all the races are so different), but it's the most interesting fantasy idea I have atm.
>>
I want to run a zombie campaign from the very start of the apocalypse, maybe in GURPS but more likely in my own system I'm working on

I bought 100 glow in the dark zombie minis for like 8 bucks, I can't wait to do giant horde battles, have characters scavenge for food, watch the world slowly fall apart. High lethality, kinda like the Walking Dead show / comic. Characters get to build their stronghold like in State of Decay.

I know zombies are cliche as fuck at this point but I want to experience that cliche one more time, I also like the idea of a challenge campaign where the characters will actually have to act smart to survive.
>>
>>47660746
Post-Cyberpunk City of God in Lagos, Nigeria using the Blades in the Dark system.
>>
>>47660746
I've been thinking about a campaign where the gods got bored and fucked off, so a wizard convinced a bunch if warriors they're the chosen ones of the prophecy to bring the gods back.

The PCs are the actual chosen ones (the gods knew this situation would happen eventually and set it up to run on autopilot while they're at the beach) who have to chase after the fake chosen ones to prevent evil-Gandalf from sacrificing the entire country and becoming a god. No one believes them when they try to tell people the truth. Also, the fake chosen ones are FAR stronger than them, so they can't fight them head-on.
>>
Anybody played Pathologic?

Im starting my next campaign off like that. Hamlet is quarantined by the rest of the kingdom because of a plague. The PC's are trapped inside, three families and eventually the Inquisition try to survive it, the town gradually succumbs to the plague as people take sides, lie to one another, and try to gain from it and defeat it. Food becomes scarce, as does healing materials, etc. Nobody can be trusted.

At the start they're told that it all ends in 12 days. It does, whether they get out of the hamlet alive or what state they leave it in depends on how well they play.

Probably gonna use it for a few starting sessions before I open up the world.
>>
File: 1464965221311.jpg (704 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
1464965221311.jpg
704 KB, 3264x1836
My campaign is more of a world setting.

There used to be a tyrannical Dwarven Kingdom that ruled almost a whole planet, until they accidentially pissed off the Faey (read: angels) and destroyed the afterlife.

Now, everyone has been pushed underground, in massive Dieselpunk-inspired cities and town, with adventures taking place in locales from cavern ruins to even massive sewer tunnels.

Races would include Bug-People, Drow, Dwarves, Nymphs, etc.

There would be firearms, but only to like WW2 tier.

Currently WIP for world-building aspect.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.