[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout campaign- need help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: map fallout.png (526 KB, 900x589) Image search: [Google]
map fallout.png
526 KB, 900x589
Sup /tg/,

I was thinking of doing a Fallout-style campaign, and I have three ideas.

The first assumes the Sarah Lyons assassination theory is true. Essentially, the players, along with a group of NPCs, left the East Coast Brotherhood of Steel after the BOS started to become the mini-Enclave. Now, they must fight to survive and rebuild their organization in the ruins of Post-War Virginia.

The second is a cross-country journey from the West to the East. The motivations for this journey are largely up to the players; though I imagine it to be a Lewis and Clark-style journey to map the settlements along the trade routes of what remains of the United States.

The third is a struggle to survive in the irradiated ruins of Texas. Home to gun-happy religious extremists, super mutants, and the last stronghold of the Enclave, the party will face radiation to a ludicrous degree and high character mortality rates.

Also, which system should I use?

Thanks.
>>
File: Fallout RPG.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fallout RPG.pdf
1 B, 486x500
I'd personally recommend the first or third option. The second isn't a bad one, but unless the party is really interested, they'd probably rather not stay on that track forever.
>>
The first idea has a lot of potential for the GM to throw in new enemies or old enemies whenever he chooses, and it gives the players a clear idea and they can potentially take it in any direction they want. But they need direction, or at least hints on where to go. Too many options, or being left with clear hints, they may not know what to do. Also it neds a clear "empire building" mentality in the PC's to want to do that.

I also like the 2nd idea, but a more clear incentive than "mapping the continent" is needed IF they are not very professional or honourbound individuals. What is to stop them from coming back with bullshit stories and make effortless cash when they were BBQ'ing Iguana's in some cave to pass the time? It'd give you, as the GM, great chances to set up step-by-step encounters however.

I'd recommend the BRP system, but that's because I love that system. No joke, if it had a dick, I'd try to massage it with my uvula non-stop.
>>
>>47656136
What is a BRP system and how do we massage it?
>>
>>47655432
the first one sounds pimping as hell.
>>
>>47655432
Actually, I would rather be sent by the great Caesar off to Shady Sands to burn the whole city to the ground.

Hail Caesar.
>>
>>47655995
>>47656136
I've also heard Exile is a good system.
>>
>>47656685

Basic Role Playing System. It is a percentile skill system, using 3 D6's to generate 7 stats - or you can distribute 77 points (with an average of 11, minimum 3, and max 18) on the given stats. Multiplying the stats associated with single skills by 1, 2, or 3 will be the starting percentile score for a skill. Experience points increase the skill, or the stat, or used for other things.

It isn't that well-spread, but it was bonkers popular in Sweden during the 80's and 90's. Not sure what other system you can find with already established Fallout modifications and lore already present. GURPS is a given, but that shit is trite unless you already know it.

There might be some D20 modules laying around though.
>>
>>47655432

If only we had a Fallout strategy game.
>>
>>47659047
What factions would you have? What units?

Always seems weird to have big ol' armies and lots of resources to make them in a post-apoc setting.
>>
Shouldn't Zion Canyon be much further north?
I thought it was northwestern Utah, not southwestern.
>>
>>47655432
>florida pitch black

What happened there?
>>
>>47659047
Try out This Is Not A Test. It has a few factions that are kinda parallel to Fallout factions: Reclaimers are BoS or Enclave, and so on. It's more of a skirmish though
>>
>>47659547
Florida Man took over.
>>
>>47659047
There's always Fallout Tactics.
>>
>>47659047

Get the Fallout mod for Darkest Hour. It's about as close as we'll ever get.
>>
I really enjoyed Fallout's robot design.
>>
File: GURPS_Fallout_compilation.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
GURPS_Fallout_compilation.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47655432

I have this!
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.