[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: QUAGSIRE.png (307 KB, 540x501) Image search: [Google]
QUAGSIRE.png
307 KB, 540x501
I'm a big podcast listener, I got hooked on Adventure Zone for a minute but it started getting tired for me. I'm looking for recommendations on some good /tg/ podcasts.

Been wanting to hear some CoC games specifically but I'm open to anything.
>>
I like the Arcology podcast for Shadowrun. They hit all the right things for me. Tactics, min-maxing, character development, and shenanigans. Especially shenanigans since things either go well or really, really wrong.
>>
>>47634349
Fear the Boot was pretty good.

I've just been watching (mainly listening) to critical role and I'm on episode 25 right now. I'd also be interested in finding some more good podcasts though. Mainly on GMing and general role playing.
>>
Godsfall is a great podcast. It's d&d 5e, with a homebrew world and stuff. The lore and worldbuilding take a big spotlight, with the entire first episode just being devoted to the history of the world. the dm is fucking incredible. knowing /tg/, you may get put off by the first interaction with the female player, and her immediate jump to women's rights and equality. people have been known to just scream SJW and turn it off then. don't. it's worth getting past that one initial awkward moment.

Hello From the Magic Tavern isn't really /tg/ so much as it is just about a fantasy world. It's a show that's just improv comedy based on the concept that this guy fell through a magical portal behind a burger king in chicago into the magical land of Foon. He just so happened to have his podcasting equipment with him, so now he does a weekly podcast with Ucidor, the blue wizard, and Chunt the talking badger/shapeshifter. I think it's funny and at least worth listening to the first episode or two. Again, it's less /tg/ than just comedy set in a fantasy world, but it's good.

The Command Zone is a great magic podcast. Obviously, it's for the commander format, and the hosts are very likable people. They're also very active on twitter, so you can generally get a response out of them and that's neat. They lean towards spikes, but talk about every aspect of the format. My favorite magic podcast.

Masters of Modern is another magic podcast. They've been turning me off recently because of their lack of production quality and willingness to be exclusive with their patreon instead of inclusive. That said, they're good at talking about a lot of aspects of competitive magic. Moderately interesting guys.

Mark Rosewater's Drive to Work podcast is interesting if you're into the design of Magic. He's the head designer, and he gives incite on a lot of things behind the scene. Moderately interesting, but only if you're really into magic.
>>
Magic: The Ameteuring is a magic podcast aimed at newer players and people who are getting into the game after long breaks. They lean towards draft, but cover most formats eventually. It can be funny at times, but I find that the hosts are very polarizing. Some people think the girls are funny, and others fucking hate them. It's a mixed bag.

The Independent Characters Podcast is a great podcast for 40k players, and for miniatures players as a whole. Their discussions start with a Hobby Progress section, where they talk about what they've built, bought, and painted recently, which I find inciteful. They always have extra segments where they talk about the game portion of miniatures, but they definitely focus on it being an artistic hobby moreso than anything else. They also recently just returned from a hiatus, so now's a good time to jump in. I find the hosts very enjoyable to listen to.

Infinity 0-12 is a podcasts that's about Infinity. It's a decent podcast, where they aim at taking the competitive scene on at a budget. It's good for new players, as they tend to ease into topics without assuming the audience has complete knowledge. Pretty good, and the hosts are alright. Not my favorite, but not bad.

Obviously I spend a lot of time listening to podcasts, and almost all of them are /tg/ in one way or another. Living in the south, there's a lot of fucking driving to be done and this is how I survive.
>>
>>47634349
One Shot Podcast and Campaign by the same people are pretty good.

The former does one-shots of various games and the latter is a Star Wars Edge of the Empire game. Quality is pretty good, and it's nice if sometimes a little too goofy.

I'm also listening to Roleplay Public Radio's Eclipse Phase campaign of "No Evil" which is pretty good as well.
>>
>>47634349
>>47638305
>Been wanting to hear some CoC games specifically

Oh and apparently RPPR does a lot of CoC stuff but I haven't listened to them yet. Just recently found them.
>>
>>47638285
There's also Commanderin' which is another Commander podcast hosted by three very funny people.
D&D is for Nerds is an aussie production, each episode runs about 30 minutes
Snack Time is a flavor podcast for Magic the Gathering.
and I'm currently listening to Friday Night Quests. Dungeons and Dragons, a regular cast of three players and a DM who have a different special guest as their fourth party member for each adventure. The Opening to the episodes is cringeworthy, but worth powering through.
>>
>>47638445
I've been meaning to check out Commanderin' for a while.
I have not heard of the others, but I'm downloading a few episodes a piece now. Thanks.
>>
You could listen to the D&D segments of Harmontown. It starts off a little shaky but it gets pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DKbHlh0Nwox5FK-EcQ6-l_wI9ZnX1kT
>>
Schemes and Stones is great if you have any interest in Malifaux. They do great master spotlights and give a lot of in depth discussion.

I can second Fear the Boot being a good general rpg podcast. They shill their convention and their Skies of Glass setting a bit much, but other than that they have good debates about subjects like party role templates and how to handle PCs being imprisoned. Their sister podcast Kicked in the Dicebags is pretty shit though despite sharing some people.

It's not /tg/ related but I listed to the FPlus when I'm painting minis. It's just a group of guys reading horrible things off the internet, but the stuff they read is consistently entertaining.
>>
I listen to One Shot if they're playing a game I'm interested in. They can be hit or miss for me sometimes depending on how goofy they feel like making the game. When they play more on-point, they're a blast, though. (See also: Shinobigami.)

I'm enjoying Roll Play (specifically, I've seen their Maid oneshots and the first season). Season One of Roll Play is pretty great. Have your lulzy moments, some very interesting drama, and also pure dice bullshit (both in the sense of "awesome" and also in the sense of, "is the dice rolling broken? holy shit").

Enjoyed what I've seen so far from the Roll 20 Presents series. Have only seen Ryuutama and a couple of oneshots, but I really like Adam's GM style. Their recent oneshot of Tenra Bansho Zero is pure wtf. (I watched that one live. It's not up on Youtube yet, but should be within a couple of days.)

Starting to check out The Third Wheel. I'm not really feeling the way they typically laugh over each other, but they can be fucking clever with pitch-perfect comedic delivery, so I'm going to try out some of their oneshots.
>>
>>47634349
Acquisions Inc, but it doesn't happen very often
>>
>>47638504
hope you enjoy them.
>>
>>47634349
I don't suppose anyone knows any podcasts for boardgames or design of /tg/ stuff?
>>
>>47639772
Shut Up & Sit Down on more boardgame with design on side.
>>
Unspeakable!
Good Friends of Jackson Elias
HPpodcraft
Geeknights
>>
>>47638257
>Hello From the Magic Tavern isn't really /tg/ so much as it is just about a fantasy world. It's a show that's just improv comedy based on the concept that this guy fell through a magical portal behind a burger king in chicago into the magical land of Foon. He just so happened to have his podcasting equipment with him, so now he does a weekly podcast with Ucidor, the blue wizard, and Chunt the talking badger/shapeshifter. I think it's funny and at least worth listening to the first episode or two. Again, it's less /tg/ than just comedy set in a fantasy world, but it's good.
This is pretty good. Thanks anon.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.