[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Swords: Voltaire was an Asshole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
Last time on Song of Swords:

Two guns at once
More tournament prep
Some campaign storytimes
The history of matchlocks

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .rar archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12xqm1p2q69m392/Song_of_Swords.rar

Here's a walkthrough on creating a character
http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ

Here's a walkthrough on weapon schools for SoS 1.9.9 with examples
http://paste2.org/6OyOsFM3

Here's Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9d7256c33g7wrgv/CoTV+Ballad+of+the+Laser+Whales+Alpha+1.2.pdf

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend is doing really well in the nursing home.
>>
>>47566756
I come with a question.

Right now, I'm running a 17th century Song of Swords game set in the Deluge. The players are hunting an asshole mercenary who's running amok through Poland and Ukraine. Pure historical, and great fun. We're going to continue at it for weeks to come.

However, I'm also thinking of some ideas for a later game, with a bit more fantasy. The current idea involves an unholy mixture of the Thirty Years War, the American Civil War, and the Meiji Restoration. I'm still working out the details, but I think Ballad would be more appropriate to use than regular Song of Swords.

Ballad works well in representing the differences between modern firearms. But how is it with 19th century arms? Would the difference between, say, an Enfiel, a Springfield, and a Mississippi rifle be able to be represented meaningfully? If not, that's how it is, but I'd like to provide some more options in longarms than smoothbore musket, rifle musket, and various types of repeater.
>>
File: thefuckisthis.jpg (104 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
thefuckisthis.jpg
104 KB, 762x1049
2nd for ohanedin musclegirl feet
>>
>>47566835
Yeah, it'd be fine.
>>
File: see you space cowboy.gif (988 KB, 294x224) Image search: [Google]
see you space cowboy.gif
988 KB, 294x224
>>47566869
>that elf

You've crossed a line.
>>
>>47566756
And Algeria is still looking for players, albeit in a ghost town.
>>47566835
And some of those would likely just be genericized into the same rifle.
>>
>>47566921
That's what I was afraid of. At best, I can only change reliability or maybe slight adjustments in damage.
>>
File: jesusfuck.jpg (87 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
jesusfuck.jpg
87 KB, 762x1049
>>47566918
What sort of line, anon? Don't you like being kinky?
>>
File: let me die.png (145 KB, 535x765) Image search: [Google]
let me die.png
145 KB, 535x765
>>47567472
It's time to stop.
>>
>>47567431
There could be some load stuff, but yeah, a lot of the smoothbore percussion cap guns are going to be the same gun.
>>
File: whoevendoesthis.jpg (145 KB, 762x1049) Image search: [Google]
whoevendoesthis.jpg
145 KB, 762x1049
>>47567472
Oh no anon, we're just starting!
>>
>>47567582
No, really, it's time to stop.
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.gif (3 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.gif
3 MB, 256x195
>>47567582
why do you multiple images of this
>>
File: sbj.gif (4 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
sbj.gif
4 MB, 300x200
>>47567731
>that gif
What the fuck happened there?
>>
File: 1463761127318.jpg (207 KB, 650x1033) Image search: [Google]
1463761127318.jpg
207 KB, 650x1033
>>47566756
>
>
>
>>
>>47568203
Level 4 Cutting wound to the neck.
>>
File: samurai-princess-1.jpg (128 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
samurai-princess-1.jpg
128 KB, 500x282
>>47568289
Shut up, Voltaire.

I can be a Holy Roman Empire if I want.

YOU AREN'T MY REAL DAD.
>>
File: Eskarne.jpg (2 MB, 3000x4624) Image search: [Google]
Eskarne.jpg
2 MB, 3000x4624
>>47567582
Our freakish baboon elves don't need ridiculous hypertrophic musculature to be strong.
>>
>>47566921
Have you guys figured an approximate day/time slot for the Algerian game?
>>
Lots of stuff coming in a new ballad version, and we're close to releasing some prototype rules for magic and air combat.

In the meantime, if anyone has any lore questions, I'm all ears. I think you've earned it lads.
>>
>>47569220
First of all, how's SoS going?

Secondly, was there ever a Marco Polo of Vosca? What, if anything, is known about the east?
>>
File: CotV 1.4.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
CotV 1.4.pdf
1 B, 486x500
-Major Void Power Changes (No More Teleport Nuking)
-Minor Change to Supressive Fire (3m per RoF to 2m per RoF)
-Minor Talent changes, Work the Bolt Added
-Proper Rocket and Flamethrower Profs added
-Duty Bane
-Kuropatkin Shotgun and Pistol added

Big improvements. Even if you're not into Ballad, I'd encourage you to check these out--they're indicative of the changes we intend to make to the core game post-beta.

>>47569259
SoS is in a bit of an editing hell, but we are making progress. A lot of people are sort of struggling just to live right now. You know what the job market is like, and we're sort of asking folks to work on the promise of future payout.

And, no. There have been explorers to the West, but they have not returned with news of land. Many have returned with word of great fleets that turned them away--some violently.

Zells have had more luck. The Branded Zells often speak of humans they fought in the West, though the accounts of their victory seem fantastical to most listeners. Battles with thousands of ships. One battle, which is spelled with too many Xs and is best pronounced "Hatzekotazzan" supposedly involved over a million combatants, and despite ending in a crushing Zellish victory, resulted in their expulsion from the warm Western sea.
>>
>>47569404
>we're sort of asking folks to work on the promise of future payout.
Jimmy.
>>
>>47569404
>There have been explorers to the West
Marco Polo went East. To the orient.

Though it's interesting to hear just how heug the !Aztecs have grown.
>>
>>47569404
Give us some lores on Lusitan or Ezpanna, Jimmy.
>>
File: dontworrythisislast.jpg (161 KB, 1024x1410) Image search: [Google]
dontworrythisislast.jpg
161 KB, 1024x1410
>>47567731
>>47567601
Pretty sure this was what Jimmy Rome was thinking of when he wrote up Eskarne.

>>47567608
I just wrote elf musclegirl on Google.
>>
File: 1437775558644.jpg (69 KB, 635x480) Image search: [Google]
1437775558644.jpg
69 KB, 635x480
>>47571895>>47567582
>>47567472
>>47566869

Jimmy pls
>>
File: 1462178246102.png (175 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1462178246102.png
175 KB, 900x900
>>47573148
There is no viable way to escape from what we have become.
>>
>>47570347
I think they hold the record for least fleshed out of the Voscan countries. We still don't even know how the Karthackis took control of part of the Peninsula.
>>
>>47569853
Did the Aztecs ever have any sort of naval power?
>>
>>47575097
>not Berkukha
>>
>>47576549
Not historically. At least, not outside the lake they were built on.
>>
>Voltaire was an Asshole

Man, I want to shitpost the truth so successfully people still get mad about it 238 years after I'm dead.
>>
>>47576845
We know they once held Not Carthage on their land which was later seized by crusaders as Jenoesa, that they have ancient ruins very similar to the Egyptians, that they were at some point ruled by ethnic Kurts, and that they currently are ruled by former slaves called Mamlukes. We know they're a mixture of the Levant, Egypt, and the Holy Land, basically making them a mix of the northern middle east and some North Africa. They were also an enemy of the Helians due to competing naval fleets.

When it comes to Not Spain, we know they are multiple kingdoms, they used to be ruled by Karthackis, their men smear coffee grounds on their swords, and one of their kings has a sick Harley.
>>
>>47566756
What's SoS' trivert-fleche?
>>
>>47577571
>magic rules
>completed editing
>Kickstarter soon
>>
>>47577571
What's with all this here frenchie speak?
>>
Oh, yeah waht I forgot to ask the last few times I was here:
What about rules for mass battles? Are there any plans for that?
Like, leading an army against a castle, or against another army.
I heard that AsoIaFrp did that pretty much best so far.
>>
>>47578572
Probably not since the Riddle system is designed for small duels and not leading armies. No one would be satisfied with any mass combat system.
>>
>"Hey, Song of Swords seemed like a cool ruleset a year ago, must be finished by now. Might be fun for a campaign"
>still unchanged v1.9.9
Now I don't mean to sound like an ingrate, I'm just genuinely confused how it seems the unfinished sections haven't been touched up.
Am I missing something?
>>
>>47578934
Stuck in editing hell because of
>perfidious Australians
>incompetent intra-company communications
>absent funding
Jimmy keeps making progress on Ballad of the Laser Whales, which for a game borne out of a drunken stupor actually managed to fix SoS' obnoxious initiative system, but SoS itself has been stalled because of the above.
>>
>>47578832
Riddle had narrativistic mass combat system which utilizied small duels and leading armies. It wasn't Total War on a grid like ASOIAF.
>>
>>47579125
I haven't read the ASOIAF rules, I only skimmed over them. And I really liked, that they presented maneuvers you could do with the battalions and stuff. Seems really cool
>>
>>47579060
I actually had no idea SoS wasn't a fan-made game. Making something as niche as SoS as anything other than a hobby homebrew seems suicidally courageous. Props for having enormous balls, at least, if a lack of self-preservation.

What's this about conniving kiwis though, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>47579170
One of their editors lives in Australia and apparently has been sitting on their update for a really long time.
>>
>>47578934
Don't worry, a lot of people are annoyed.

The basic jist of it is that it's hard to get a game edited when your editor is unpaid, Australian, and the victim of a couple major errors of communication.

The good news is that despite the game not being updated, things have actually improved. The initiative system created for a drunken joke was good enough that it fixed most of the large scale problems with the game, and make ranged characters actually interesting to play. That system is working and usable in SoS, so the game actually has advanced beyond 1.9.9 considerably. It just hasn't been compiled yet.
>>
>>47579158
>>47579125
I honestly think that a mass combat system would be best served by something similar to Pendragon. A very simple collection of rules for determining the overall outcome of the battle, but the main focus being how each person individually performs and profits. The game is so focused on interpersonal combat and drama, going larger scale seems like it wouldn't fit. Rather than rolling to see if your left flank is collapsing under the French attack, you should be rolling to see if you can encounter your great rival noble on the field, whether or not you're able to take prisoners of a noble rank, whether or not that motherfucker Hakeswill is going to shoot you in the back, or whether or not you have a chance to go after the enemy standard, or whatever Cornwell-like plot your players are currently embroiled in.

Additionally, serious player death or injury should only happen if the player is specially engaging in something particularly risky. Yes, gritty realism, all that, but it really sucks to have your character die or be removed from play because of a bad single roll devoid of personal context or meaning. Nobody wants to go to a stray musket ball in a game.
>>
>>47579363
>something similar to Pendragon
I'm not familiar with this system. In TRoS both armies make 2 rolls each hour to see how well they fight and move on the battlefield then compare their rolls and remove casualties based on it. Each hour character can perform heroic actions like leading troops, hunting enemy leaders, etc. It's fairly risky but normally Spiritual Attributes would protect them.
>>
File: 1463620031190.gif (280 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1463620031190.gif
280 KB, 250x141
>>47579262
The fact that Ballad was literally made as a joke and is a better game than SoS is an endless source of mirth for me.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GrFDhxzNwr_Y75lOyVUELlX9lUhKjEceHsEECx94nBM/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
GDoc for the tournament. I think I have not seen it postet here yet.
>>
>>47579592
It's even more abstracted in Pendragon. I believe the overall battle is resolved in one roll, while the fate of a division in the army is decided over multiple rolls. There's a nice table for determining what sort of troops you encounter in each fight, though, depending on the enemy you're fighting
>>
>>47579690
A drunken joke at that.

Together, properly edited, they could rule the world.
>>
>>47579690
why is ballad better? im new here
>>
>>47582683
Better initiative system for large groups, and simpler to grasp.

I like SoS better myself, since I like the setting and I'm a massive medieval history nerd.
>>
>>47582683
Honestly, I'm not quite sure myself.
>>
>>47569033
Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday after 6:00 PM EST.
>>
>>47582683
The core conceit of SoS was that it represented medieval style sword-fightan' really well, which it does when zoomed in. However, the game's sophisticated system for personal combat has made the larger system of initiative painfully complicated and slow moving.

Ballad, which was made as a joke with only the residual realism of SoS clinging to it like cheeto dust, doesn't suffer from the initiative problem at all. It's sufficiently simple and functional that they're now trying to rehack SoS to run the same way.
>>
File: zaku btfo.gif (3 MB, 252x194) Image search: [Google]
zaku btfo.gif
3 MB, 252x194
>>47579690
>>47581926
>>47585468
>Ballad was made as a joke

This myth needs to stop. It is not nearly as serious as SoS proper, but the thing sprang out of an old, old, old post on Opaque's forums, by Ian Plumb, and the discussion that resulting discussion. Jimmy took the idea and ran with it.

Stop bullying Ballad, it is my precious baby.
>>
>>47579690
>The fact that Ballad was literally made as a joke
What fact? That's not a fact.
>>
>>47585609
I think the whole thing started with a joke about whales shooting lasers, which was meant to be demeaning to SoS. Jimmy then went and made a serious game around that exact premise.
>>
>>47579690
Well, it was a pretty good joke, then, wasn't it?
>>
>>47581926
There's definitely a superpower there. When Jimmy doesn't take things seriously and doesn't work with slow ass Australians things are amazing, it isn't until things get bogged down that we end up in development hell.
>>
I just ran an awesome Fecht for three of my friends in Laser Whales. They were super hyped to play a campaign afterwards and I felt the need to tell my story. The premise wasn't meant to be a full campaign, but a semi-competitive one off with two of the players playing members of a crime syndicate and one playing a bounty hunter bent on taking down the syndicate's leader.

It was inspired by the ending to Cowboy Bebop, as you might imagine.

Our three protagonists:

Vince Butcher, the vengeful outlaw. He carried a pair of Liberator 1991s and a hidden Defender 1991, and eight spare magazines. He wore a snapcoat vest, and also carried four Type 42 grenades.

Clay Bernard, Mob Enforcer. He carried a Rahoo M2 Glue Gun, and wore a heavy snapcoat vest. He had effectively unlimited ammunition from a huge backpack that he wore full of munitions.

Savage Redman, Mob Boss. He carried a Templar Sword and several throwing knives. He was a low-level Way of 5 user.

Butcher had to fight six goons between each "boss" fight with a PC, the thugs mostly carried Blish SMGs and M2s like Bernard, but most were unarmored and did not have their weapons at the ready when engaged. Bernard had a bodyguard of 2 men, while Redman was alone for the final fight.
>>
>>47587938
So Butcher comes into the building, and gets a free phase because nobody expected him to shoot up the building. He threw a grenade into a cluster of three guards, and ran to cover near a desk. The guards were killed in the explosion, and he then had a brief shootout with the three remaining goons, suffering a very minor wound to the left leg in the process. During this time he dual wielded his pistols, before realizing that shooting one at a time was actually a safer bet.

VS BERNARD

Bernard had a powerful SMG and some strong armor, but the fight didn't last for long. Bernard fired a long burst at Butcher, and Butcher fired a single Aim+Shoot shot at Bernard. Butcher was hit in the right arm and the chest, Bernard was hit in the head. Bernard's two henchmen actually did more than Bernard did, scoring six hits to Butcher's legs and arms, as well as one double-hit to the torso that inflicted minmal but noticable damage.

Butcher's second run against six goons went less smoothly. He ended up pinned down for several rounds, taking cover against repeated Full Auto fires and occasionally returning fire himself to little effect. He broke the stalemale with grenades, and by exposing himself and using Luck to reduce a shot to the head down to something manageable.

VS REDMAN
Butcher emerged to fight Redman, who had no bodyguards. He exchanged fire with the swordsman, but was unable to overcome his defense bonus. He suffered significant wounds from throwing daggers and eventually suffered a level 4 wound to the leg from a sword. He countered by pulling the pins on his remaining grenade, and blew himself and Redman up.

Redman actually survived, but lost an arm and a leg.

This was a great fecht, and we all had a lot of fun. I strongly encourage you to run a game or two for your players, it's crazy, brutal shit with a very organic potential for stories.
>>
>>47587938
>>47588172
I would watch this scene in an action movie. Good job, and sounds like you and your players had a lot of fun.

What was their experience level in tabletop RPGs? How hard did you find it to teach them?
>>
>>47588172
That's a lot of wounds. How much luck did he burn?
>>
>>47585609
"Joke" plays a lot better than "spiteful revenge on a dead guy".
>>
>>47591742
He wasn't dead at the time!

On an unrelated note does anyone have a link to or cap of the exchange.
>>
>>47592343
http://opaque.freeforums.net

The forum is still up.

Holy shit, who was posting in March 2016?
>>
>>47585609
It was some guy named Phil, looking at the actual post now.

God struck down Ian for making a joke about the name, it seems, not for the Laser Whales.
>>
>>47593092
Pretty good posts, at that.
>>
>>47579839
Damn there are like no characters
>>
>>47596505
The dream is dead and Jimmy killed it.
>>
>>47596505
Well, then make one. I already have one
>>
>>47596538
I made one a weak ago but lost interest in it so i'll probably just rework it
>>
>>47596505
I've still got to make mine.
>>
>>47596505
Yeah, we regularly have ~50 posters in the threads, and 4 fighters.
>>
Note for the tournament characters, all of them needed to be updated (except Enzo, because I just updated him). Ballad now only allows you to benefit from -20 Bane Points, so putting 1 PCP in Boons and Banes and getting more than +5 worth of boons.
>>
>>47599005
You mean if you take 1PCP in boons you can only ever get five points of boons?
>>
>>47599896
I believe so
>>
>>47599896
Yes.
>>
>>47599911
>>47600342
That's a bit disappointing.
>>
>>47601813
Deal with it, nerd
>>
>>47602022
Well, time to make the character then.
>>
What is known about UC culture? Names, how they fight, things like that.
>>
>>47603271
Whatever it is,

https://paste2.org/NwCxkDdV

Bob Akavian, CUUC SUCC soldier.
>>
>>47604284
That's Avakian, not Akavian. Chironite agents sabotaged my post.

Also, let me know if I fucked anything up. It's super late here, and I am quite tired. I'll correct things and officially add him in the morning.
>>
File: Lance Knight.jpg (30 KB, 354x500) Image search: [Google]
Lance Knight.jpg
30 KB, 354x500
>>47579839
https://paste2.org/CGnV5CfN

I'm throwing out a Chironite Templar to see if Half-pike can break the Ballad too
>>
>>47596505
Most people lurk.
>>
>>47599005
Damn. What's the malus for using a weapon in your off-hand? -2 to the dice pool?
Might need to make more changes that just throw out a few points of B&B
>>
>Voltaire was an Asshole
Is...is this board still safe from Voltaire posting?
>>
>>47606189
I barely visit any other boards as of late, what's up with Voltaire posting?
>>
>>47606203
Pretty sure it was a /gsg/ meme that got transplanted into /his/ and blown out of control.
>>
File: Felix.jpg (68 KB, 609x973) Image search: [Google]
Felix.jpg
68 KB, 609x973
So what's the viability of characters that weren't created to be complete murder hobos? Both settings/systems.

I mean, I still want me characters to be able to participate in combat but is it okay if they're not master swordsman/gunslingers?

I guess what I'm asking is if it's okay to be Felix or do I have to be Gotrek in order to stand a chance in combat?
>>
File: moemoe-nazis-002-620x.jpg (88 KB, 620x455) Image search: [Google]
moemoe-nazis-002-620x.jpg
88 KB, 620x455
So I'm curious, what's the actual difference in design philosophy between SoS and Laser whales?

SoS is pretty easy to grokk, it's fantasy not!europe with more realistic assumptions and a sort of post-ASOIAF attitude towards fantasy, where unironic high fantasy elements are casually thrown in for the keks.

But I don't get Laser Whales. I cannot understand what the idea behind this was, it's so arcane I feel like I just missed an entire subgenre of fantasy required to understand what's going on.
>>
>>47607712
In tournament? Better be murderhobo or optimized murdered like that jaguar warrior.

In campaign you should be fine. Rich skillmonkeys are always useful.
>>
>>47577636
>2016
>Still delusional

The best part is that when SoS will finally be published at certain point of the future, it will be forgotten within few months, as those threads will simply disappear.
>>
>>47607745
Nazi-Fetishism+Airships+Space Western+Jimmy Rome.
>>
>>47607881
Witcher kurwa, is it you?
>>
>>47569404
>we're sort of asking folks to work on the promise of future payout.
KICK
STARTER
WHEN
>>
>>47608489
Soon(tm)
>>
>>47607712
>So what's the viability of characters that weren't created to be complete murder hobos? Both settings/systems.
Fine. If you're over 10 CP in SoS then you can have fun and do well. Murderhobos are terrible in campaigns because they lack Skills and connections to the world.
>>
>>47608369
Kurwa isn't about the Witcher. It's about Wild Fields.

Joke's on him, my Ukraine SoS game is going great.
>>
File: 1433802940642.jpg (39 KB, 351x400) Image search: [Google]
1433802940642.jpg
39 KB, 351x400
>>47611187
>>47608369

Is this about that one dude with hateboner for sos?
Last year around the time the witcher 3 came out, there was attempt to translate the old witcer rpg. It wa then that I learned about the sos, and since i heard it was based on the riddle of steel, which in turn were supposedly based on the wild fields. So i asked about it and he went all about how sos is shit and only the first edition wild fields is good and so on etc, itp itd.

I really just wrote this run on wall of text to ha e a pretext to post musiał's artwork

Also whatever happened with that wit her rpg translaion project?
>>
>>47612166
Citing this thread >>47609145, this >>47610551
"We dropped it, because all 3 proof readers dropped us (Żorż speaking here).
Get us proof-reader and we can continue."

So apparently the guys who worked on the translation are still on the job, but nobody to check their text. Kind of shame, given they were doing almost daily delivery of another 10-15 pages on daily basis as long as they were sure someone will proof-read them.
>>
>>47612166
That hatebonerdude is in the thread linked in >>47612301 right now.

That's a nice artwork btw.
>>
>>47612166
That's a really cool artwork
>>
File: 1433888870131.png (216 KB, 440x636) Image search: [Google]
1433888870131.png
216 KB, 440x636
>>47612301
Damn shame, I'd help them but not with my engish skill I'm afraid

>>47612500
Thats him alright, exact same style of sperg-out.

>>47612558
Might as well post some more
>>
>>47611187
>Ukraine SoS
So like calling rest of the world for help against Putin and his "unmarked green people"?
>>
>>47612882
Will that be our Sea People equivalent when the children of 4000 A.D. read of us?
>>
>>47612897
sand people
>>
>>47612916
Different anon, but most definitely Sea People. You know, those misterious invaders all over near Middle East and Egypt around 1700 BC, most likely from future Greek territories after local collapse of higher forms of organisation and apparent outside invasion.
>>
>>47612897
"Feminists", amazon warriors from Syria, avantgarde of their nomadic people. Khan Vladimir of Putin stroke a deal with their leader Bashar Assad, nuclear warlord from Palestine, who conquered freedom loving nations of Israel and Emirates of Arabia. His armies of polite men landed in Crimea to rape and oppress. "Thanks Obama" was their battlecry. They advanced quickly towards fortress of Maidan, last hope of Western civilization.
>>
>>47613023
Reminds me the "Time Machine" ride from Idiocracy
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKBWAYZOXqA
Thoughts on this guy's videos?
>>
File: Dumb Romeposters.jpg (21 KB, 389x475) Image search: [Google]
Dumb Romeposters.jpg
21 KB, 389x475
>>47613737
Seems pretty solid. Good information, well presented.

One immediate factual error, though, when he says that Romans weren't to a man dumb faggots.
>>
>>47613737
Definitely better than the one discussing evolution of legion tactics, by the same guy.
>>
>>47566756
What's Voltaire an Asshole? Is this the Holy Roman Empire thing? Because he's completely right.
>>
Hey, kind of casual lurker on SoS stuff over the last year. I kind of don't get it, some of the tone is confusing to me, so maybe I'll just ask this bluntly.

Do any of you consider yourselves, white supremecists, neo-nazis, alt-right, knights templar, types? Does SoS cater towards an alt-right attitude?

I ask out of mostly confusion. But SoS (and possibly /his/ as well. Have all these illusions to pre-20th century europe, monarchism, holy roman empire stuff. I don't often understand a lot of the refrences to fully grasp whether its an innocent historical interest, or some kind of fetishization of patriarchy/monarchism/fascism or what not.

Anyway, hope I don't offend anyone. Just still kind of confused what you guys are about.
>>
>>47607712
There's always flamethrowers. And Grenades. And hiring mercenaries and dogs.

>>47607745
Dieselpunk in space with flying battleships, what's not to love? Plus you get to kill Nazis, or Communists, or Monarchists.

>>47614792
I consider myself a moderate socialist cynic. I think most of this stuff is just joking around.
>>
>>47566756
hre was neither holy or empire or roman
>>
>>47614792
I'm a pretty fucking big lefty, and I'm still a fan. I'm also one of the people who references the glory and might of the Holy Roman Empire, because I am fantastically interested in the place and time period. It isn't meant as a legitimate endorsement of a decentralized monarchy.

Jimmy Rome is definitely a pretty conservative guy, but I don't think he legitimately wants a return to monarchy or anything. He's too much of an American for that. There will always be a lot of references to such things in deeply historical or even most fantasy games, simply because that's the way Europe existed for the longest time. Even if political stuff is thrown into the mixture, I think it is either disguised so well as to be essentially irrelevant or mixed in with a tone of cynicism and even handedness.

There aren't any good fascist or monarchist states in the Tattered Realms. They're all brutal dictatorships where human life is squandered and rebellious entities try to fight back, or incompetence-choked realms struck by internal conflict, war, or magical curses. There aren't any hordes of savages baying for western civilization's blood. Even people from outside the Voscan sphere, like the Indian and Persian-likes and Arab-likes, are presented as people with their own civilizations and conflicts. The Nazis in the setting, the Zells under Sark, are presented through the eyes of a gay man struggling with the feeling of being cuckolded by a Scandinavian and a seal. The Nazi Analogues aren't even human.

I think all of this stuff is just fun and history jokes, with maybe some of Jimmy's conservative viewpoint coming through. But so what? He isn't donating the game's proceeds to Brazil to fund the Fourth Reich or anything. It's all just a game, and all of the references to monarchism and fascism are for the most part jokes. Are there probably a couple Neo Nazis who like Ballad a bit too much? Yeah, maybe. I don't really care, though.
>>
>>47614630
What was wrong with that one?
>>
>>47615163
The details, or rather - lack of them. He discussed phalax allright, then just talked what manipules changed and why in very short notice, then just jumped to cohorts, without actually explaining anything about them aside their increased size toward manipules and being standarised.
In short - the further he went, the less details he presented, reducing his presentation into nothing more than name-listing.

Also, his presentation ends somewhere around Marius reform, as if Roman army never evolved further from them.
>>
>>47614792
Jimmy's definitely a right-wing sort of guy, but I've never gotten the impression that the game was meant as propaganda. It's just a fantasy setting. Ballad you might be able to make a case for because Space Nazis, but that's more of a setting piece that's focused on because WWII German aesthetics were tippy top tier.

>Trusting the Alt-Right meme
Alt Right literally just means anyone right-wing in America who isn't an Evangelical Crypto-Trotskyist. Any label that can include Stephen Molyneux AND David Duke is needlessly broad.
>>
>>47614922
>>47615102
>>47615226

These responses are helpful. Just trying to figure out whether SoS is like a covert Varg Virkenes MyFaRoG thing or not.

I don't trust the alt-right meme any more than I trust the SJW meme. They're overly broad terms, with lots of internal distinction.
>>
>>47615102
>There aren't any hordes of savages baying for western civilization's blood
Remove Marju.

On another note, do the benefits of the Rebel Yell tree work even if you have no chance of actually reaching the person you declared a charge against?
>>
>>47614792
Whats wrong with Fascism?
Also why mention patriarchy? I forget but isn't the pope a chick? And the moon God too. I think there are quite a few important women in the setting
>>
>>47615428
>>47615226
Also, i should add, alt-right is at least somewhat helpful as a term distinguished by neo-con. Kind of an insider/outsider distinction.
>>
>>47615440
Well a charge is just a move followed by a melee attack action. Melee Attack says you can't execute it if the move wouldn't put you in melee range (within 2 meters).
>>
>>47615442
Nothing wrong with the portrayal of fascism, monarchy, or patriarchy in a setting. I just would't want those views to color every other aspect of the game world. Check out Virkernes' MyFaRoG, its what I don't want to play- a game that functions as apologism for racism, sexism, nazism, white supremacy etc.

I'm getting the impression from the feedback that SoS is not such a game.
>>
>>47615428
I don't think so. There is a bit of lambasting the romantics am of democracy with Dace, but it's all in good fun.
>>
>>47615488
Definitely not, I remember mafarog. If sos has political subtext, at least it stays subtext.
>>
>>47599005
Gordon Case is updated.

>>47604284
Did you remember the .5 weight for the Foregrip on your SMG?

>>47615480
Ok, good; I was scared you could declare charges from like a half-mile away and not get shot by anyone.
>>
>>47615488
Question are you getting most of you view from the thread? Or have you also been looking at the wikia too?
>>
>>47615616
I've been lurking on threads off and on, maybe 6 over the last year. I've downloaded the SoS stuff and skimmed character creation. I looked at the wikia once or twice.

As far as expressing the games "tone" (and not its politics mind you), I think this thing really needs some artwork. Artwork can be a great way to give a feel to the games internal history, civilizations etc. Generally artwork costs money though, doesn't sound like Jimmy Rome has any.
>>
So, I haven't checked in on these threads in more than a year in the hopes that it would either be finished by the time I checked again or there'd at least be a backlog of Fechts for me to read.

Has either of these hopes come to fruition?
>>
>>47615574
If you don't want to be shot and can be a templar you can get up to 12RS defense standing still. Just requires 2 talents, at least 2 in magic, and at least 5 WILL
>>
>>47615658
i believe there are some character portraits in the folder. More artwork would be after the kickstarter when Jimmy takes my hard earned Dollarydoos

>>47615665
there are definitely several fechts if you haven't been on in a year. I only stop by every couple of months and I've caught a few. Also a Tournament soon if you are so inclined
>>
File: Dacians Want SoS Kickstarter.jpg (69 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Dacians Want SoS Kickstarter.jpg
69 KB, 620x349
>>47615495
Dace has PERFECT SYSTEM

REMOVE BUUZ remove buuz
you are worst marju. you are the marju idiot you are the marju smell. return to Osterbya. to our Osterbia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,Sich we will never forgeve you. volkdav rascal FUck but fuck asshole marju stink osterbiya karthacki kartacki..marju genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead marju..ahahahahahOSTERBIYA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget time you accidentally became kings of Albion .karthack we kill the moon , karthack return to your precious helion….hahahahaha idiot marju and osterb smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE BUUZ FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. Ruscovy+Krajina+Kamen+Kalmacia=kill osterbia…you will Rat War/ Sulla alive in Dace, Sulla killing enemy of Dace . fast Wrath of God Sulla dace. we are rich and have breads now hahahaha ha because of Sulla… you are ppoor stink marju… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt
sulla alive numbr one #1 in Dace ….fuck the Kalmacia ,..FUCKk ashol marju no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. $ulla aliv and real strong paladin kill all the marju farm aminal with sun magic now we the Dac rule .ape of the zoo Queen Dahaka the Blac fukc the great Sartur and lay egg this egg hatch and Osterbia wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. dace greattst countrey
>>
>>47615658
There is indeed art. Some of it was released here and there, some of it was on their Facebook, some from an old book. I can dump some of it, if you'd like.
>>
>>47615737
>there are definitely several fechts
Excellent. Any links?
>>
>>47615911
Maybe someone else has them but you could brute force it and just search jimmy on plebs. You might miss a couple but i dunno.
>>
>>47614792
Jimmy's a mystic so I don't really care about his politics

Transcend Demiurge
>>
>>47617360
Burn the witch!
>>
are there more TRoS inspired games?
>>
>>47617601
There is Blade of the Iron Throne and Band of Bastard. I guess Burning Wheel was inspired by it too.
>>
>>47617601
>>47617690
There's also Codex Martialis, which is like Riddle of Steel for 3.x
>>
>>47617601
Riddle of Steel
-> Burning Wheel
-> Blade of the Iron Throne
-> Song of Swords
-> Band of Bastards
>>
>>47617690
I have never actually seen Burning Wheel's combat system. Does anyone know how it works?
>>
>>47618818
Not like Riddle's. Burning Wheel took Spiritual Attributes and cranked it up to 10. It has its own combat.
>>
>>47618809

Burning Wheel wasn't inspired by TROS. They came out separately but both from the storygames shit.
>>
>>47614728
>Holy
Officially endorsed by the Pope
>Roman
Crowned (sometimes) by the Pope of Rome as the official Roman Emperor. At the original time of its founding Byzantium did not have a real emperor, either.
>Empire
Had dominion over multiple kingdoms, including Germany, Italy, and Bohemia
>>
>>47615440
Well even the Marju have a proper culture, don't they?
>>
File: dacia stronk.jpg (1 MB, 1573x1848) Image search: [Google]
dacia stronk.jpg
1 MB, 1573x1848
>>47621017
>marju
>culture
>>
>>47569404
Yo Jimmy does vosca have anything like pic related?

>tfw no qt faeboi to go on adventures with.
>>
>>47619311
They first came out in the same year, but I have a copy with a foreword written by Jacob Norwood calling it the culmination of what he was trying to do with Riddle of Steel.
>>
>>47621532
Your picture is not related to anyone my friend
>>
File: 1464935921156.png (1 MB, 1211x604) Image search: [Google]
1464935921156.png
1 MB, 1211x604
>>47614792
As a matter of principle, even if I were some sort of stormfront neo-nazi, I wouldn't make a game about it. That's just bad marketing. We live in an age these days where sincerity in general is bad for business. Your goal as a producer of media is, unless you are undertaking the project for vanity's sake, to appeal to as wide a demographic as possible. Your chief weapon is Irony. Irony is an escape route that allows nearly any content to be excused by consumers who would otherwise find it repugnant on an ideological level.

Both games contain experimental elements in this regard. Ballad I think started out as very ironic, but it actually became more sincere as we went on, because to be frank, the idea of sincerely running with all of the themes in BotlW is very appealing to me. Nobody would expect you to actually play that shit straight, which makes it the perfect time to do precisely that, and actually give them an honest to God setting where space nazis fight over magic whales with space commies on sentient boats.

But no, of course it isn't supposed to be an endorsement of any present political movement or anything like that.
>>
>>47622428
What's new in SoS 2.0 news?
>>
>>47614792
Is this bait?
I'm a socialist Muslim and I find SoS interesting as fuck and archaic middle age settings are my favourites.

There's a rich depth to be explored in the history of the world. New information and different cultures are inherently interesting.
As for the Stormfront, it's mostly just irreverent shock humor. Saying Hitler did literally nothing wrong doesn't mean you actually go out gassing Juden, it's the same mechanism that makes us all say "fuck" and "cunt" all the damned (there's another one) time.
Being contrarian is just part of being a young adult.
>>
File: 1462619630289.gif (1 MB, 400x256) Image search: [Google]
1462619630289.gif
1 MB, 400x256
>>47622568
>All my fans are socialists
Man what the fuck did I put in this game that draws you guys out, is it that it's free and never going to actually be released?
>>
>>47622595
Next time you'll learn all your fans worship Allah
>>
>>47622595
they can smell your socialist commentary between the lines
>>
>>47622595
With me, it has more to do with Danes being giant nerds, and all of them are socialist because the country's an example of well-functioning socialism.

Also the gritty combat system is suitable for socialists as we desire to crush all lives under our steel-tipped boots.
Marx Vult
>>
>>47622595
Don't worry Jimmy, I'm not a socialist, just a godless heathen.
>>
>>47622595
Not all your fans are socialists. I'm somwehere right wing.
Well, thinking about it I'm National Socialist, so a kind of socialism is there I guess
>>
>>47622595
Hey, Jim Jam, I'm only a right leaning libertarian, that's all.
>>47603271
Also, answer this man's question.
>>
>>47622595
I'm a monarchist if that makes you feel any better.

Still vote Labour mind you.
>>
>>47614792
We had a thing a while back that showed we were mostly lefties, which although probably out of date and unrepresentative, shows that a lot of the memers are not ubernationalists. Hell, I'm a socialist.
>>47604284
That looks like a Reddit meme.

You should use chan memes.
>>47569404
WORST DLC EVER
>>
>>47603271
The UC is officially an "autonomous mercantile corporation" with no homeland. The Thoughtships, first constructed over a century ago, are the largest vessels ever made by a significant margin. Even compared to Chironite monster-dreadnoughts like Freundlich Rudolph and Das Schwerez Aug, or the Albish vessels that have dominated naval warfare for centuries, like Imperator, Invincible, and God His Hand, the Thoughtships are enormous.

Of course this is largely because they contain small cities within their Whalebone frames. The vessels double as freighters, warships, and population centers for the UC's small but very comfortable public. Within the great holds of the Thoughtships, many thousands of citizens go about their daily lives, their every need provided for by the ship's inner workings. A high degree of automation (in large part due to the ships' semi-intelligence) allow foodstuffs and alcohol to be produced, and fresh water to be reclaimed, without anyone's actual workings. Clothings and most other goods are provided for by trade with the outside world. Because the Thoughtships are so enormous, and can navigate the Void with nigh-unlimited range and characteristic speed, they provide a significant percentage of all shipping between the various powers, and so skim enough wealth through their fees to provide almost any luxuries their people could desire. The people primarily provide maintenance for the ship's many functions, but in general their lifestyles are easy, full of luxury, and many live their entire lives without ever doing any work at all, aside from caring for the elderly, of course.
>>
>>47623848
What's their role within the Balladverse? How're GM's "meant" to use them, as it were?
>>
>>47623848
Which brings us to one of the few problems which actually does plague the UC: Their fertility rate of .2 per woman.

As one might imagine from a society of such surpassing decadence where contraception is so readily available, the UC is almost always in a demographic crisis. New blood has to be recruited from the outside, so as to avoid the perpetually aging population becoming unable to maintain the many systems of the ships themselves.

Recruitment drives are constant, often focusing on educated, ethical and civilized people capable of fitting in to the highly progressive (some might say decadent) society of the UC.

The obvious recruiting place for such people is in academia. Students are easy prey, and many find the lure of a utopian life in a collective like the UC too alluring to pass up. As such, entire countries have found themselves poached of large swathes of young people at once as the previous wave of a Thoughtship dry up, and a new batch are necessary.

Many of the Great Powers of the Void have begun to chafe under the constant stream of wasted tax revenue that this loss of students represents. Chiron in particular, having a dark history with the UC (their modern literally began with a UC recruitment drive gone terribly wrong) has outright forbade their citizens from communicating with the "Kult" on pain of death. Even more progressive powers like the Albish have taken measures to make it difficult for their people to abscond to the UC.

Recently this has become a problem, as the UC has simply run out of societies with people of "proper" ethics to recruit from, and is now suffering a rapidly aging population, and no real alternative but to start recruiting Rahoos (The Ship Forbid) or other people of questionable moral integrity.

The solution? Subvert or Uplift.
>>
>>47623947
Why don't they just stop using contraceptives?
>>
>>47623947
So they steal your best and brightest and can't keep their dick out of vulnerable nation's sovereignty no wonder they're hated. Lot's of potential for espionage or colonial living games as or against them.

>>47623981
Presumably it's easier this way than taking any rights away from a highly educated and highly entitled populace, intellectuals can be really scary/obstructive.
>>
>>47624066
>it's easier to fly around doing recruitment drives than it is to take the condom off
Yeah, no.
>>
File: tumblr_o7col51hAG1uo1fbeo1_540.jpg (109 KB, 540x736) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7col51hAG1uo1fbeo1_540.jpg
109 KB, 540x736
>>47623907
>>47623947
Getting to that.

Because nobody is willing, at least at the present--in a world in which the great powers are more concerned with fighting each other than with perpetuating the greatest progressive societal experiment ever seen--to allow the UC free access to their people, the UC has taken it upon itself, as a whole, to try and affect change upon the powers themselves, to bring about a more peaceable world which might be more open to what they have to offer.

Enter UCUC, the intelligence/espionage branch of the UC. Made up primarily of mercenaries, the rare martially-inclined citizen, and sympathizers from target countries, UCUC acts to bring about social change in obstructive nations, in the hopes of someday abolishing the oppressive imperialist power structures that prevent otherwise perfectly rational people from allowing the UC to assimilate the best and brightest of their youth.

So far this has had mixed results, the UCUC accidentally sparked the rise of the Ximbri Reich AND the Yikong. The Chironites now refuse to let them in, and the Yikong executed everyone literate in The Hive to destroy bourgeois decadence--but there are at least four or five other major nations to go, so one is bound to stick before too long. It's only a matter of time before the system works.

>>47623981
Why don't pandas just fuck more? The entire point of the experiment was abolishing coercive family and societal structure, and allowing the people to live the lives of luxury afforded to them by the benefits of labor-saving technology and modern, progressive society. So that meant that they didn't tend to have kids, that just means the UC can enjoy periodic migration, and all of the cultural benefits of experiencing input from the diverse cultures of the void. The few Chironites who made it into the ships before the Reichenning happened brought sausage AND lederhosen to the table, and let me tell you, that was a huge hit.
>>
>>47624080
>The entire point of the experiment was abolishing coercive family and societal structure, and allowing the people to live the lives of luxury afforded to them by the benefits of labor-saving technology and modern, progressive society.
It kind of sounds more like they're a bunch of spoiled self important retards who would rather exploit poorer countries and destroy millions of peoples' lives rather than live like normal people, and you justify it by repeatedly calling them progressive. They don't even produce anything, they just skim off of everyone else's labor through shipping while producing their own bare essentials and calling that a sustainable lifestyle. This isn't a utopia at all, it's a parasitic social cancer that would collapse in one lifetime if it didn't have poorer less advanced societies to leech off of.
>>
>>47624080
Do they at least produce advanced technology? You'd think that having an entire civilization made up of highly educated people would make them very productive in the sciences.
>>
File: anime girl reaction face 771.png (126 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
anime girl reaction face 771.png
126 KB, 325x325
>>47624130
Wow, why do you hate progress so much anon?

>>47624165
Oh yes, they're leagues and leagues ahead in psychology, psychoanalysis, sociology, and underwater basket weaving.
Seriously though, they do have some very slick engineering skills, when they can be bothered to apply them. UC firearms and aircraft are of exceptional design and quality.
>>
>>47624130
They seem kinda like Jews to me 2bh
>>
>>47624066
You are correct, though, their primarily role is as one of the shadowy forces that can act as the root of a campaign's plot.

You could play the UCUC as well meaning but pragmatic spies, or as the ruthless left hand of a seemingly idealistic society.

Others: The Rahoo Renkum Society, the Albish Eye Chamber, the Chironic Zyane Group, and of course the Chrysanthemum Room of the Hiramoto Empire.
Holy shit I spelled Chrysanthemum right on the first try.
>>
>>47624130
Oh no Anon has seen through our cunning ruse and destroyed the utopia Jimmy Rome so clearly supports through critique!!

>>47624232
>771
Do we have enough of these to GTP it yet?
>>
File: 1465119914803.jpg (83 KB, 427x1280) Image search: [Google]
1465119914803.jpg
83 KB, 427x1280
>>47624293
Hey, Jewish communism actually works, it's called
Fuck, I can't remember anything except the lyrics to On Silver Wings. Hold on. Kimmutz? I'll get it. Kibbutz, that's it. The Kibbutz.
>>
>>47607712
I'm a lil late to the chase here, but I'll give my two cents anyways. I still don't have enough experience with Ballad murderhobos yet, but normies in that game seem to do just fine. SoS, however, works best if you DON'T have a murderhobo. Murderhobos mess up the cp balance of the party and cause there to always be that one guy in a fight that you have to watch duke it out with the hobo lest he chop your dick off and use its skin to roll his cigarellos. That being said, if you talk with your party at creation and agree on a cp level you would like to be around, then you can by all means make a character that has fun skills and traits while still being able to contribute to combat. On a more extreme note, I have seen people survive entire campaigns with no cp. Tbh it was kind of fun to see them do this because they instantly needed to find more creative ways to avoid combat. But that cup of Joe isn't for everyone, just wanted to mention it as an example of how SoS can function without a combat focus.
>>
File: do I need to choke a pasha.jpg (67 KB, 500x618) Image search: [Google]
do I need to choke a pasha.jpg
67 KB, 500x618
>>47622568
The brotherhood grows
>>
File: 50 shades of sword.jpg (52 KB, 369x960) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of sword.jpg
52 KB, 369x960
>>47622595
I'm mostly slightly socialist because I grew up in a country with free healthcare/education before moving back to freedomland. Not that think it could ever really work over here.

I actually got suckered into /SoS/ because it was a consistently operating arms&armor thread with some of the best historical discussion on /tg/. It took me a while to get into the game, but now I'm addicted.
>>
>>47569404
>Kuropatkin Shotgun
Fuck yes.
>>
>>47623947
>some might say decadent
>he says, after calling it decadent
Well, I guess you weren't wrong.
>>47622568
Did I see you on twitter?

Did you favourite 4plebs' status update or something?
>>
>>47622595
Partly, knowledge of history naturally leads to recognition of socialism's accuracy. But mostly it's just a coincidence. I like swords, guns, and violence in general. I'm also an edgy illegalist insurrectionist.

Well, maybe it's not *that* coincidental.
>>
>>47626108
Sorry, I didn't want to say "progressive" to many times in one loredump.
>>
>>47626265
Hey Jimmy, what is the Technocracy's deal? There is a bit of lore in ballad's frame, but we don't know much else.
>>
>>47621058
>tfw the comic will never advance to the marju steppes

I heard coffeemancer got stabbed
>>
>>47627722
Really?
>>
File: 32486-puck_large.jpg (29 KB, 300x338) Image search: [Google]
32486-puck_large.jpg
29 KB, 300x338
>>47621532

>>47621728
Last time I just assume my picture uploaded before going to bed.

>>47622428
>>
>>47629654
yeah, in the head.
So he's dead I guess.
>>
>>47615817
Not him but I wouldn't mind an art dump.
>>
>>47630238
>drawfags getting assasinated

Not the guy who originaly asked, but can you elaborate? wasn't the guy kinda sorta active in drawthreads?
>>
>>47630372
Just got it from someone I play MMOs with. He said that Coffeemancer had gotten stabbed in the head yesterday. He didnt know more than that. So I guess we can start a betting pool.
>>
>>47630458
Well, presumably he lived to tell someone else about it if it was announced on an MMO.

Or your friend is making stuff up.
>>
>>47630882
Clearly it's just some sort of wacky new slang for sucking dicks.
>>
>>47630882
Or he read a headline.
Or maybe HE stabbed him!?
>>
>>47624079
Women control the children though. You'd have to convince all the women to stop taking contraceptives. This is unlikely because they don't personally gain anything from doing so since all their needs are met. Also being so progressive and post-scarcity they probably give out free abortions. I'm surprised they have .2 birthrate at all
>>
>>47630991
What if he got stabbed in the head while sucking a dick?
God, ANYTHING could have happened!
>>
>>47631148
Well, the assumption being made there is that given post-scarcity free time and resources, nobody would actually want kids. I'm not sure if declining birth rates in developed countries are a good predictor for that, because people there generally have the resources but not the free time.
>>
>>47632235
When it comes to something we've never really seen you do have to just take your best guess.
>>
>>47632235
I think the problem with birth rates in the west is the focus on carreer that we get taught. Women nowdays often want to work too, to be financially independent, and that often leaves the wishes for children on the back
>>
>>47626108
Twitter? I'm sorry, you must be confusing me with one of the many other socialist Muslim Song of Swords fans. I don't even have a Twitter account.
I hope you don't mind that I ask why you believed that other person to have been me?
>>
File: ali.jpg (411 KB, 1600x2160) Image search: [Google]
ali.jpg
411 KB, 1600x2160
>>47633281
You Shi'a?
>>
When is SoS release

you've told us it's been nearly done for a year now

I NEED it
>>
>>47633579
Shias are literally the Chaos of Islam.
>>
>>47634623
>Shia is evil
Oh look at that, I thought I heard a Shit talking. And there you are.
>>
>>47606291
>Grand
>Strategy
>General
>>
>>47634545
Soon(tm)
>>
>>47634823
Sunnis are superior to you heretics
>>
>>47633579
Nyet. I do not ascribe to any fiqh for I find them all untrustworthy until proven otherwise. I'm just Muslim.
>>47635142
It is unbecoming for a Muslim to accuse another Muslim of heresy if he is not directly committing shirk. Chill out and eat a sandwich nigga, I find the raison d'etre of Shi'as silly and incompatible with Islamic virtues, but that still doesn't mean it's alright to call them heretics.
baka

Polite sage for noncontribution.
I am struggling to accept that I may have to run a different system for my OC Donut Steel campaign if updated rules including Magic don't come out within a month or two. Thank you and screw you Jimmy, for the good work and your work being too good for this sinful earth, respectively
>>
>>47635260
>not recognizing 40k memeposting
get memed
>>
>>47635333
I believe I have been the victim of a savage reamemeing.
Delete this or I will behead you, America!
saging politely
>>
>>47635260
Have you been introduced to the works of our Lord and Savior, Muhyi-al-din Ibn al-Arabi?
>>
so why is this general still named after SoS when the only thing to talk about is BotLW
>>
>>47637743
Maybe just make it "Opaque Industry General" ?

This way we can discuss Jimmy's, and the other sodomites, personal lives, worldviews and beliefs.
>>
>>47637743
Because, despite Ballad getting a lot of new content and a lot of people responding positively, nobody cares about Ballad. This might as well be the Ballad Bully Thread.
>>
>>47640068
>find the game I've always wanted
>through, and using the same system as, my first tabletop love
>literally no one gives a shit about it

Shit like this is what makes me sob myself to sleep.
>>
File: 1453907053447.jpg (205 KB, 1024x757) Image search: [Google]
1453907053447.jpg
205 KB, 1024x757
>>47640262
Ballad Kickstarter never ever, even more never ever than Song of Swords!
>>
File: every word.jpg (43 KB, 361x313) Image search: [Google]
every word.jpg
43 KB, 361x313
>>47640296
pls no bully the ballad, it is the perfect tacticool WW2 adventure game
>>
>>47640323
I'll be honest I'd bully ballad less if SoS hadn't been left hanging on the edge of a major revision that I desperately want to see.
>>
File: burgess.gif (5 MB, 289x375) Image search: [Google]
burgess.gif
5 MB, 289x375
>>47640498
Ballad is a product of the hanging, not the cause. How can you bully a game that has folding shotguns?
>>
>>47640565
Why would I be afraid of the shotgun if I can just effortlessly get inside the barrel's ability to fire, as I would a bayonet, and use an entrenching tool to slice his hands off with a simple vertical slash?
>>
>>47640601
Because the gun is just a show, a trap, because he actually invested all his proficiency PCP into melee skills, and now he wrecks you with his CP of 20 against yours of 8
>>
>>47624080
These guys sound mightily insufferable.
>>
>>47640601
>using an entrenching tool to slice hands off with a simple vertical slash
I dunno your description makes me more likely to believe you'd be wielding a katana of cole steel
>>
>>47643560
He's joking about that guys wwi combat video
>>
>>47644642
I'm told his other stuff is good, but he really doesn't know much about melee combat.
>>
>>47646132
I just really know him from his gun demos and that one terrible melee video.
>>
>>47648266
yeah he seems to know a lot about the history of firearms and so on
but then again I'm a nogun so its not like my impressions are reliable
>>
>>47648568
Even as noguns, one can learn a fair bit about history
>>
>>47650779
I'm a nogun as well and that's definitely true
>>
>>47648568
What would be the term for someone who talks about medieval combat while having no idea what they're talking about?

Noswords?
>>
>>47653161
>What would be the term for someone who talks about medieval combat while having no idea what they're talking about?

ARMA.
>>
>>47653340
>>
File: Heh.png (108 KB, 215x321) Image search: [Google]
Heh.png
108 KB, 215x321
>>47653340
>>
>>47653340
Beeteefoh
>>
>>47653340
Are they even still around?
>>
>>47656159
I think so.
>>
File: Squall-spoony.jpg (38 KB, 720x538) Image search: [Google]
Squall-spoony.jpg
38 KB, 720x538
>>47656411
>triggered
>>
>>47656583
This might be the saddest thing.
>>
>>47657937
Hey, the review was hilarious.
>>
>>47658346
That may be, but viewing this image with the future in mind...

It's just a work of immense tragedy.
>>
File: image (1).jpg (57 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
57 KB, 500x496
>>47658849
I view it the other way. Antwiler is a product of an era that we will not see for many centuries. A time when gaming technology was still in its infancy, just beginning to crudely ape the popular media that had been available before. He played the original Ultima games, he got to watch as gaming dragged itself, like the first Orredin, from the primordial slime of the sea out towards the nearest espresso machine.

This was an era we will never see again. Before your life is finished, you will think back and wish that the future had merely been Spoony.
>>
>>47659051
Good times, in a way, good times.
>>
3 champions vs 50 scrubs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgKg0Hc7YIA
>>
>>47659565

I see that akumaizer is strong with this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1hp7yZbQUI
On totaly unrelated note I might have an idea for a silly campaign for ballad (they even have teleporting elves in that show)
>>
>>47659565
That is pretty badass.
>>
>>47660668
Super Sentai Fencing?
>>
File: Akumaizer 3 - 08_001_7902.png (382 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Akumaizer 3 - 08_001_7902.png
382 KB, 640x480
>>47662892
Not so much sentai, but yes. Toku with fencing.
http://kitsubs.blogspot.com/search/label/Akumaizer
Very trippy, fun show, still waiting for when it gets full translation
>>
File: Gizka_No.gif (926 KB, 784x436) Image search: [Google]
Gizka_No.gif
926 KB, 784x436
>>47653340
The hardest BTFO since the last episode of Berserk.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.