[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Space Pirate Quest XXXI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
Welcome back, Kestrels, to the thirty-first installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest! As always, you are Admiral Roarke Starwind, leader of the Iron Kestrels space pirate fleet, master of the currently-being-upgraded starship Rhinehawk, and pilot of the currently-damaged Knuckle Kaiser.

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha+Space+Pirate+Quest%2C+Collective+Game%2C+mecha
Master Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: http://pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: http://pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: http://pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, we left off with you crouched behind a knot of pipework in a canyon in the structure of a scavvie colony while Keith "Jesus" Young points a giant long-distance beam cannon at you from nearly ten kilometers away and the person you knew as the First Mate of the Green Skulls skulks around the canyon's edge, not yet willing to risk engaging both you and Red Siren in close quarters.

It's not the best situation you've ever been in, but you're a professional space pirate. You'll be fine, right?
>>
File: How Jesus sees himself.jpg (322 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
How Jesus sees himself.jpg
322 KB, 1280x800
The laughter continues for some time, the distortion that always accompanies the voice making it eerie and warbling, “So, that's it, huh? That's your big play, Starwind? Trying to turn my teammate on me? That's just dirty.” You can sort-of see the S-Slayer shrug at you from up above, mostly by the emerald trails of its shields, “Gimme a second. First things first. Keith...you trust me, right? You know there's a reason for everything I do, don't you?”

“Yes, that's why I'm angry. You didn't trust me enough to tell me about this.” The kid has a point, but he still sounds petulant.

“Is that hesitation I hear? Good job. Not trusting the First Mate of the most ruthless and twisted pirate band in the Belt is an excellent start. Girls, are you listening to this? This is a boy-becoming-a-man moment, here. Once his balls drop, little Keith might finally be a worthy opponent.” You helpfully chime in.

Clemmy snickers, and Red Siren d'awws.

[Continued]
>>
>>47700146
This gonna be good. Last time the Masked bugger was laughing. Now to see what's so funny.
>>
>>47700146
Remind us how damaged the Kaiser is again. Also welcome back, Wong.
>>
>>47700146
>nearly ten kilometers away
Wew lads.We got our work cut out for us.
>>
I just realized anons we never finished deciding what our new ace's Morgan II is going to be like
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (326 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
326 KB, 1280x720
“SHUT UP!” Roar both of the non-Clemmy SOUL B members at once.

It takes more than SOUL B to shut you up, “So, why didn't you tell him, you ugly son of a bitch? Don't tell me you care what your subordinates think about you? Although, if Clemmy's the lieutenant...what's your rank exactly?”

“None of your business and also classified.” A synthesized voice can sound awfully smug sometimes, "And I'm neither ugly nor am I a...oh, what does it matter? You've got everything backwards from the beginning. That's why I laughed, dumbass! Your voice got so dramatic when you went 'oh the brave and noble pilot of the S-Slayer is the First Mate of those big bad Gween Skuwws.' Completely backwards! 100%!"

[Continued]
>>
>>47700237
Guns and a big club. The man was a police officer after all.
>>
>>47700200
End of the day, our duty is to escape the pair and make it to the scavvie ship. We don't have to fight them, we just need to escape.

>>47700237
Thought we were going heavy missiles for Richard?
>>
>>47700199

It took 5K and -1SP to the right arm when Keith grazed it.
>>
>>47700254
Its for our new Ace Basil Montgomery and his stats are going to be based on what we design
>>
>>47700282
Ahhh, well I'd say a mix of gun and missile with a more support utility. Those smoke and scatter grenades are damn handy after all, and solid ammo can serve a bunch of utility rolls. Would work for a former police officer if I recall.
>>
File: 51tIZF7D9rL._UL1500_[1].jpg (78 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
51tIZF7D9rL._UL1500_[1].jpg
78 KB, 1500x1500
“I wanted to keep it a surprise, make you lie awake at night wondering how I keep coming back, but you spoiled that, didn't you? You tore open my cockpit last time before I could self-destruct and you got a peek inside. You're like a kid that can't wait for Christmas and sneaks into his parents' room and finds his presents in their closet, you just can't let any of the magic survive. I wouldn't keep saying you're an asshole if it wasn't true, you know? Most people say I'm quite pleasant and treat others pleasantly, and that's because most people are pleasant at heart. You, though, you're not, and I won't pretend it doesn't annoy me. Still, since I'm on the side of justice here, I'll tell you something good. You've got it all backwards. I'm not the First Mate, and I'm not even a pirate. I never have been. The Green Skulls were a bunch of old men, their warped and insane children, and what I suppose couldn't rightly be called women anymore. Galbadie knew his time was running out, all those years in zero-g without enough time in gravity were killing him faster than the roll of years could, and he was willing to play ball with us. Mostly. The original First Mate was never as good as me...otherwise he would probably have made himself Captain and spared his fleet the fate awaiting them...and he's been dead for some time. My only sin is dealing out justice to pirates, and using pirates to deal out justice to other pirates.” It's still amazing how smug a synthesized voice can sound, "I've told you all along, you're the villain here."

[continued]
>>
>>47700282
Who is Basil Montgomery? Where did we pick him up?
>>
>>47700389
If I remember right he was the chief of police from the colony we saved
>>
>>47700389
That colony that got blown up. He was one of the guys that joined us.
>>
File: Awaken my Masters! 2.png (323 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Awaken my Masters! 2.png
323 KB, 1200x800
>>47700410
>>47700411
I thought they were all rookie level pilots?

Make way for best waifus. So I got a session in 30 minutes. Won't be able to work on Roarke's jacket until 4~ hours from now. Not that I even know how to draw a leather jacket.
>>
I got to go to sleep because its nearly 2 in the morning here. Try not to get killed guys.
>>
File: pd5924[1].jpg (5 KB, 180x266) Image search: [Google]
pd5924[1].jpg
5 KB, 180x266
“Keith, I'd like to take a moment to point out what this scumball is doing here. See, he's a primitive who's recently discovered advanced sensor systems. He probably dug his out of the S-Betta since pirates can't build mecha worth a damn. He's just discovered how to record comms and sensor data, and he's going to try to put this on the holonet or put a gun to that captive reporter's head and make her run a story on it. Typical. See, because he's a backwater ne'er-do-well and it worked well the last time, he's failed to realize what's different than Suleiman 1. I liked that footage, Roarke, I'll give you that much. Lots of action, fantastic views...and not much talking. It's not easy to edit shots from so many different mecha with a big, confusing battlefield and still have it pass inspection by a trained eye. The ancients used to say that one picture was worth a thousand words, and it's true. After all, It's plenty easy to modify the comms record if you know what you're doing. Or didn't the Blanchett 'girl'...” There's just enough light to see the S-Slayer making air quotes with its blunt, jointed fingers, “...tell you that while you were torturing 'her'? That's why reviews don't tend to take the comms record into account. Personally, I think the upper brass did it on purpose, I'm sure one or more of their brats like that obnoxious little shit Merrow would have caused a scandal otherwise with friendly fire mishaps or losing their cool during a mission. Why don't you at least have the decency to kill that pustulent shut-in, Roarke? He was right there on Auditorium, it's the sort of thing you do, nobody would be surprised and nobody would blame you. I probably would have done it myself in the chaos of the battle if I hadn't had your meddling to deal with. If I ever have to be in a room with him again I'm not sure I'll be able to avoid breaking his glasses. I'm not sure I'll even try." The distorted voice is no longer smug, but angry.

>[Continued]
>>
>>47700466
Not the Chief of Police. Dude's a retired Bluegill pilot. And aces in this system are usually named anyways.
>>
>>47700486

He will be named once he has stats, he's flown a bluegill before, and his last job prior to joining you was as Suleiman 1's chief of police/head of colony security.
>>
>>47700474
How can Keith think any hero talks like this
>>
>>47700474
Dear gods.. is that Lysa or that other chick? Is First Mate Lysa dropping all that flowery prose? Because damn, this guy talks a hell of a lot.
>>
>>47700474
Oi vey. Is this where he pretends all his evil was just part of his disguise as First Mate?
>>
>>47700474
"Damn, you come straight out of a comic book. Only villains have dialogue that long and pointless. Who else will you shameless slander in your next speech?"
>>
>>47700522

Weren't Keith and Allison previously dating before he dumped her? What if all this is just a grand revenge scheme to make up for being cucked by forcing an inevitable lethal fight between Keith, Heinrich, and Roarke?
>>
>>47700532
Given how he, whoever he really is, seems to have completely misled everyone this entire time, I daresay he's good at pretending
>>
>>47700596
They were, but there is only one person so far that has close to this much words. Besides, I think no matter how much she hates him, Keith becoming THE poster boy for Fairchild's campaign is likely more important. A unscathed, unstoppable hero that fights for "justice"? Great PR.
>>
File: Super_Robot_Wars_-_Hiryu_Kai.jpg (670 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
Super_Robot_Wars_-_Hiryu_Kai.jpg
670 KB, 1722x1168
>>47700656
And while we wait, here's my proposed ship design for our ship. Keeps to it's roots, looks nice and sleek and pretty strong.
>>
File: 1465520293600.png (874 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
1465520293600.png
874 KB, 1722x1168
>>47700742

Counter proposal. The galaxy needs to feel fear when they see us raise our colours.
>>
>>47700822
Just paint it kestrel colors and put the flag design on the head if thats the case. If I recall, the front part opens up to fire it's BIG cannon anyways.
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (26 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
26 KB, 200x200
Looking back, you actually do vaguely recall Samantha once talking somewhat flippantly about editing her flight recorder, "You sure like the sound of your own voice. Only villains have dialogue that long and pointless. Who else will you shameless slander in your next speech while avoiding explaining yourself to your subordinate?"

The First Mate's mech gives you a grateful gesture, "Oh. Right. Thanks Roarke, old pal, I almost forgot. Keith, you know what's at stake, right? The Green Men lost Mars because they couldn't secure the Belt. If what's out there comes here, the exact same thing could happen, only this time it's the entire solar system being served up on a silver platter to Avalon. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to know. If you'd approved, or accepted unhesitatingly, then it would've meant we've been wrong about you and a lot of people would suffer for it. This hesitation is good, but it's a pain to deal with in this active combat situation we're in. I might have done something different if you were there, but you weren't, and I had to make that call myself. Give me the chance to save many lives at the cost of a few and I'll take it, wouldn't you?"

"I'd rather take none at all, wouldn't you?"

"...When that's an option, I don't plan to fly anymore. You'll be ready to handle things yourself from there. Roarke, nothing snide to say? You've got us outnumbered 3-2, if I'm right and Farragut isn't actually a hostage, why so shy? Come on out and let's do this." The S-Slayer fires another rocket from its blank, mask-shaped pauldrons. "I'm getting bored." Funny, there wasn't nearly so much profanity and the language wasn't nearly as coarse as you're used to hearing from this one.

>[What say?]
>[More importantly...what do? You're currently pinned down. Your comms are working fine, though, and so is your PC]
>>
>>47700885
Keep working on Keith and trying to turn him against the first mate use the fact that he said he was fine with killing an ally just because he didn't like him
>>
>>47700647
>>47700656
>mfw it's Oda-san
>>
>>47700885
Keep the pair taking and get on the comms with Siren and Cammy. With text if possible to do it silently. We need to know the exact location of the ship and we need to kick up something to buy us time to escape.

I'll think of some lines soon.
>>
>>47700885
Hey Wong, quick question. Are Turbochargers a thing in this setting? If so, what about Dual Turbochargers? Further, would pirates at the Lagrange points, like L3 specifically, be close enough to Earth that the crazy ass defense mechs would come and ruin their shit?

As for the situation... I'm worried. It's not safe to call in backup. They'd just be obliterated. And we left everyone except some Harpies back at Auditorium anyway.
>>
>>47700996
If we can get the people from the colony to come out in force it might make them leave or at least piss off Keith that the first mate is murdering all those innocents
>>
>>47701037
Oh aye. We can just call out a bunch of people to throw themselves at the instakill mechs. Yeah, that's a great idea.
>>
File: you missed one thing.jpg (655 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
you missed one thing.jpg
655 KB, 1722x1168
>>47700885
>"Tell me, then, since you're so keen on soliloquy right now: Suleiman 1. Why? And don't try to pin that on me. We both know my ships couldn't have done that, unless you're also going to propose I've been keeping a Wels-class up my ass."

>>47700822
Almost, but not quite.
>>
>>47700996

Maybe, maybe eventually, and...I admit I'm not all that familiar with the lagrange points despite feeling like I should be. If it's anywhere closer than the moon, they're in danger.

Turbochargers have the same problem a lot of cool stuff in this system has, where they're just bloody expensive. For example, take the Knuckle Kaiser's current cost and figure out how much a Dual Turbocharger would add to it.
>>
File: Lagrange Points.jpg (304 KB, 2743x2400) Image search: [Google]
Lagrange Points.jpg
304 KB, 2743x2400
>>47701087
Here's the Lagrange Points.

Also, I'm probably getting annoying by constantly bringing it up, but once again, here's the latest Paladin G. http://pastebin.com/KGzw7K88

I'm trying to think of ways to make it unique and interesting while still keeping it within it's theme (huge as fuck, fast as fuck, obscenely maneuverable melee monster). Thus why I asked about Turbochargers. What do you think it could use?

>>47701081
This is good to keep the conversation going.
>>
>>47700742

I actually like this one a lot, although the hybrid one from the other thread was pretty cool too.
>>
>>47701087
The problem the system has is its multiplying costs. They could easily be replaced with flat costs for upgrades and keep things balanced within the cost band they say they want you to play in (200-300). It's needless complexity, makes many things unviable and it's one upside is what? Crazy mechs are crazy expensive?

Just look at verniers. Removing 1-5 points of weight malus on your rolls is pretty good, but only until you get to 200cp total cost of your mech. At that point, it's just flat better to lower weight. Which is stupid, since that's the play band.
>>
>>47700885
Right, going to kick up a bit of dirt. Feel free to improve on this batch of lines if need be.

"So that's how it is huh? Any method is fine so long as it's for the greater good? You'll silence civilians who disagree with you, kill comrades you dislike, and blow up anyone who gets in the way? And you'll do this for what, a huge war against a foreign power so you can heap on more deaths for your cause? Is that what you want to be? A 'hero' and his blood stained sword on a eternal crusade because of some damn self-percieved notion that it's all worth it? How many people are you willing to kill to make your dream true?"

>>47701037
Actually, we could tweak that. If scarlet could get the chat going on the system communications, getting everyone to freak out, we may be able to make enough noise for them to escape. It's damn obvious that First Mate is going to pull some sort of threat. We just need to be smart about it.
>>
>>47701142

Those would be safe. Not necessarily from Luna, but the Terran mechs don't show up until you get inside Luna's orbit.
>>
>>47700885
>[More importantly...what do? You're currently pinned down. Your comms are working fine, though, and so is your PC]
Escaping to the other side of the colony would be an effective way to deal with Jesus, since he'll then have 10 kilometers to close before he can engage us again. How likely is it that we'll be able to navigate the canyon without leaving cover and exposing ourself to Jesus' fire?
>>
>>47701142
The usual thing about having some method of ranged attack stands. While having MA 15 is good for closing distances, there's no guarantee you won't encounter a situation like Roarke's currently in, where you've got a ranged enemy (though hopefully without the obscene range Jesus has) that's sniping you from a distance you can't possibly hope to close.

We should have a fight club for all the machines we've made some time. Did we ever come up with a final version of Moe's mech?
>>
>>47701154
Either or is fine in my opinion. I do like the sleeker designs and bigger wings since that feels more like the kestrel's thing compared to Jovian and Wels class ships. A sleek thing with some good maneuverability that can provide a good deal of support. A proper command ship.
>>
>>47701277
Making a reactive shield that stops any 15 kill and lower ranged attacks costs something like 43 cp if you want to be more or less immune to jesus.
>>
>>47701277
That could be pretty cool im working on one now that will hopeful turn out as cool as im picturing it
>>
>>47701189

It's a big segment between two modules of the colony. You could do it, you have a shorter distance to travel than he does, but you might take one or two shots and it's almost a guarantee the First Mate will follow you. Can we even call it First Mate anymore?

>>47701166

I'd be up for houseruling that if anyone could work out balanced flat costs for it.
>>
>>47701277
Yeah, I need to give it something. Even just some token vulcans in the forearms or something. Maybe a grapple.

Also HOLY SHIT WINGS ARE EXPENSIVE. Adding wings (and more thrusters) adds like another hundred fucking points to this thing. I mean, once I do and I deck them with thrusters, it hits MA 22 total (20 from Thrusters, 2 from Wings) but still.

>>47701332
That's like a hundred and fifty CP tho.
>>
>>47701277
Been finishing up the Zulfiqar. Figured the MOE system could serve as a handy tool. It won't hit hard, but it's quick, linked, and will attack one melee enemy automatically. Even gave it some anti missile options.
>>
>>47701340
Well, verniers not only cost CP, but also space to put them on. If you put them at 20 CP minus the 2.5 space effeciency, it'd be a possible option for bigger mechs with too much space.
>>
>>47701317

Put it in Kestrel colors and I'll use it, because it actually looks maneuverable and fits my image of a Martian heavy warship.

Let's say your new ship now has four more spaces, what direction would you like to upgrade it in?
>>
>>47701444
No actual science bay for reverse engineering enemy mechs and coming up with our own?
>>
>>47701444
Some more Dakka plus a science bay
>>
>>47701462

The Cohens and the mech bays do that on their own.
>>
>>47701332
>>47701355
Actually, a 15 SP Ranged Only, Enclosing (since you've got no ranged attacks at the moment anyway) Reactive Shield costs 45*0.75*0.5 = 16.875 CP, unless I've done my math wrong.

>>47701340
Am I wrong in thinking that the only weapons the First Mate has currently that can hurt the Kaiser are his axes?

>>47701355
>HOLY SHIT WINGS ARE EXPENSIVE
METAFORMS, SON.

But yeah, additional servos are always expensive, since you have to armor them as well. The larger and heavier your mech, the more likely it is that you're going to have the bare minimum number of servos, (and probably lots of space efficiency).

I'm not sure whether Entangling Weapons, by virtue of having a range, are subject to the same Combat Range/Maximum Range rules that other ranged weapons are. Mechanically, they should, but the idea of a 7km-long grapple wire seems rather odd to me.
>>
>>47701444
Command ship killer. Give it a spinal mount, heavy cannons and shields. We can use mechs to finish off everything else.
>>
>>47701505

Correct. However, those missiles could do a number on Red Siren or Clemmy.
>>
>>47701505
>HOLY SHIT WINGS ARE EXPENSIVE
>METAFORMS, SON.

WE G-RECO NOW
>>
>>47701505
I forgot about enclosing, but don't forget the space reduction you'll need to fit it on a mech. You'll probably need >24 spaces reduced, so add another 12 points to cost.
>>
>>47701510

Upgrading the Medium Batteries to Heavy would cost 2 points, and upgrading the shields another 1000 SP would cost 2 points, so that's actually quite feasible. You wouldn't be as damage-heavy as a Wels-class, but you would be extremely tanky.
>>
>>47701613

Spaces, not points.
>>
>>47701613
I'm ok with that. I know my SRW games and tanky command ships can save you from a game over.
>>
>>47701613
Can you fit a core cannon in there? I'd happily give up battery fire and shields for one of those.
>>
>>47701560
Pretty sure Spaces are calculated from the final cost of the system, post multipliers, to stop you from slapping something with all the fucking upgrades on for next to no spaces.

I could be wrong, though.
>>
>>47701505
I thought those modifiers stacked. like .75+.5=1.25. So it's 45*1.25=56.25. Then, multiply that by the modifier, 56.25*1.57=88.31.
>>
>>47701707
No, that's definitely wrong because both those multipliers are supposed to decrease its cost, not increase it.
>>
>>47701668

I would actually advise against it. The core cannon has 1000K damage, but...it can only hit targets directly in front of it, where normal batteries have a 180-degree arc. It also requires three turns to prepare to fire. Or you could have two 500K Superheavy batteries for the same number of spaces, each with a fire arc that gives you at least some protection from any angle, and they have higher DPS because they can fire every turn.

In fact, if you wanted to go ultra-shooty instead of tanky, you could swap your shields for two extra spaces and make both of your beam batteries Superheavy.
>>
>>47701668
Core cannons are pretty bad though. They can only fire at the front and they take time to charge.2 super heavy batteries can do the exact same without requiring charge up time. It is not worth it.

>>47701534
So we may need to pass clemmy to red siren and serve as the rear guard to protect the pair from a mask missile massacre.
>>
>>47701707
That's for Cost Multiplier Systems on mechs. Multipliers for systems are stated to be multiplicative of the system's cost. Examples are given in various places which I can't be bothered to look up.
>>
>>47701749
It's also nearly twice the range of superheavy batteries, and you can start charging it before you actually enter range. A 1k hit to start the fight off is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>47701755

That's a good plan combined with moving around to the other side of the colony.
>>
>>47701773
Not really. Thats 1k damage, but thats only if it hits. This is the sort of game where a bad roll can really screw you over so survivability and redunencies can save your ass. 1k to start the fight? I'd rather have 1k each turn OF the fight with arc range, especially against multiple foes.
>>
>>47701795
Seconding the combination plan.
>>
>>47701795
Lets do it then Wong
>>
>>47701806
1k to start the fight, and probably another 1k before an enemy with superheavy batteries can enter range. That's enough to kill basically anything without shields.
>>
>>47701749
I'd vote to upgrade our turrets to the 200K version. We were very lucky to the fact that we had the Jaburo guns and Not!Kycillia was kicking ass. Sometime in the future when we get the upgrades the we get the 500K super heavies
>>
>>47701831
Still at risk against flanking attacks and multiple enemies. I like huge cannons, it's just there are too many cons versus pros.
>>
>>47701831
And there in lies the problem. 1; if it hits, and 2; if they don't have shields. Wels class and stronger ships do have those however, and the range is not far enough to get a second hit off safely.

There is also the fact you are sacrificing surviability for this gamble. So if they get a few good hits, then we lose. There is also the fact we need to face them to shoot. If they move to the side or get us from behind, we're done for.

You just want the big wave motion gun, don't you anon?
>>
>>47701890
A core cannon ship functions basically like a sniper. It's supposed to weaken/kill enemies before your main line troops engage. Does it need escorts in case enemies get under its guns? Sure. But so did battleships and they were dominant until air power took over and there is no real analogue for that in mekton since important ships can't get reactor breeches.
>>
>>47702022
My two cents: Core Cannons bad. Get a couple of Superheavies. They do the job better.

We do not need the giant gun that's useless for everything but one-shotting.
>>
Im still learning the system but is their anyway to make it so that I can link two guns held in different hands, kind of like a gunslinger?
>>
>>47702022
We also need to get close to unload the Knuckle Kaiser. We can't do that if our flagship hangs back. I propose a compromise. When we get another ship that we don't wanna cannibalize, why don't we make it a sniper ship?
>>
>>47702060
Inter-servo Weapon Link, from the early pages of the ATM. Costs 4 CP (for ranged weapons, at least), or 3 if you don't want them Cross-Linked (which makes them both target the same servo when you fire).
>>
>>47702077
Wait, we do? I thought mechs were way faster than ships.
>>
>>47702088
Thanks anon
>>
Wong, would I be wrong in assuming that Starship-scale Reflector Systems would be too cheesy for this setting?
>>
File: ioncannonfrigate.jpg (73 KB, 637x358) Image search: [Google]
ioncannonfrigate.jpg
73 KB, 637x358
>>47702077
>only having one spinal mount ship
That's not how you get shit done, anon.
>>
File: Roarke confidence.gif (60 KB, 723x714) Image search: [Google]
Roarke confidence.gif
60 KB, 723x714
Rolled 8, 1 = 9 (2d10)

"Tell me, then, since you're so keen on soliloquy right now: Suleiman 1. Why? And don't try to pin that on me. We both know my ships couldn't have done that, unless you're also going to propose I've been keeping a Wels-class up my ass." You turn your comms to Ally-Only, and pass Clemmy to Red Siren, both of them protesting.

"No, Roaaaarke! I want you to carry me! I only want to be held by the person who beat me when it's you, this is just weeeird!" Clemmy wails.

"She's slowing me down! Roarke, what exactly are you planning on doing?"

"You go first, retreat down the canyon towards the other side of the colony. I'll follow you and guard the rear." You try to keep your voice as reassuring as you can,

"It's big enough to fit your swollen head, it wouldn't surprise me. You want answers, Roarke, you should stop being one of the villains. Besides, I'm not the one who said you did it, and Keith's believed you all along. See, SOUL B is fair-minded, Roarke. We're allies of justice." The S-Slayer replies.

"Bullshit. The fact that my Captain didn't die of liver failure in some California Station dive surrounded by beautiful women whose names he never bothered to remember proves it." You're not innocent of killing, yourself, but some deaths are more unfair than others, "I've got some squadmates to pay you back for too. Why don't you stop hiding behind a little boy, come down here, and fight me like a man?" You make a gesture at Red Siren, and she fires up the thrusters beneath her armored skirts and zips away like a brightly colored little fish. You step out, shields raised, to block the enemies from hitting her as you retreat too.

>[Feed me 1d10+14s!]
>>
Rolled 7, 6, 1 + 14 = 28 (3d10 + 14)

>>47702136
Here is your entree sir.
>>
Rolled 1 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47702136
Time to roll
>>
>>47702022
Battleships also had more than one gun. Usually with multiple positions to cover various angles. The thing is, your entire arguement is that 'you can kill the enemy before they arrive', but thats not the case. Shields have proven to be a major saving grace, since without them we would have lost that fight. No matter what the era is, if something is important, you never skimp on defensive options and general versatility. Hell, even for a melee fighter the Knuckle Kaiser is damn versatile and that saved us.

>>47702106
They start at a base of 10 MA. Thats as fast as the Kaiser. They just can't turn for shit.
>>
>>47702077

As a matter of fact, I feel like there's an unaccounted-for Medium Weight cruiser that got rekt in by the Rhinehawk and Jaburo's combined fire.

>>47702116

Gouda.
>>
Rolled 5 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47702136
>>47702136
ROCK EM SOCK EM ROBOTS
>>
>>47702106
Are they? Even with the speed, The Rhinehawk still has more gun than us and shields. Plus Miles is great pilot in a fight. I see our ship as a more mid-to close range one.
>>
>>47702155
Just pick whichever one you want sir. The sides are on the house.
>>

>>47702136
+3 for luck and maneuvering.
>>
>>47702155
>>47702156

Nice dodging.
>>
>>47702166
Sweet. Then we can try to help anons sniper boner with that!
>>
>>47702204
Thats what shields are for
>>
File: 1234436962665.png (368 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1234436962665.png
368 KB, 1280x1024
>>47702134
>only 3
>>
>>47702215

Sort of. The thing is, a Medium Weight ship with a core cannon only has two spaces left. So, enough for a crew and engines, basically. It wouldn't have a mecha complement. It wouldn't have cargo space. I can't say such a ship wouldn't exist, because honestly the UJCIDF might decide or have decided that Core Cannons need their own platform and have them safely snuggled under the aegis of some more well-rounded vessels like Channel-class cruisers or a few Wels-classes, but they would be a strictly purpose-built weapon, suitable for planetary or colony bombardment or long-range support fire.
>>
File: :^).jpg (366 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
:^).jpg
366 KB, 1722x1168
Rolled 2 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47702136
>"If being a villain means I don't have to pointlessly imprison or kill innocent bystanders, then I'll gladly forgo my answers. You both seem to think men are made 'evil' by the circumstances they're forced into, rather than what they make of them. Which means you're either ridiculously naive, or really good at pretending."
>>
>>47702269
Need to go back and do that mission right. Grab a fuckton of them for the final fight. Just can't retaliate against that second wave that pops up
>>
>>47702286

Can I get one without the hat and shades?
>>
>>47702283
Hey Wong. What's the maximum SP you would tag onto a Reactive shield? And recharge rate? And I seem to recall there was a downside that you said wasn't allowed with Enclosing?
>>
Alright I finished the rough draft of my first mecha, its a little simple but I think it shapes up to be a pretty good mook killer
http://pastebin.com/gP5BzH9z
>>
>>47702283
Why can't we use space efficiency?
>>
>>47702283
I'm picking up what you're putting down. Long range support is what that one anon seems to want. Which is a terrific idea, I just don't like it for the Rhinehawk.
>>
File: only because it's you, senpai.jpg (330 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
only because it's you, senpai.jpg
330 KB, 1722x1168
>>47702304
You're no fun.
>>
>>47702367
There's no Space Efficiency on ships.
>>
>>47702321

The problem is a bit more complex than that. Because shields can be raised or lowered at will (when you're incorporating it as part of an Energy Pool so it can also be a rifle or beam saber or something, for sure, and it probably applies when it's just a normal shield too) there really isn't much downside to Enclosing. You put your cheap ultra-shield up, you laugh off the enemy attacks, then you drop it to attack and put it back up. My houserule, personally, would be to make it so you can activate or deactivate shields at will...but not do both in the same turn. This stops being a problem when it's a Ranged-Only shield, though, as a melee mech would have no reason to pull those sorts of shenanigans and could just leave their shield up.

>>47702367

Because a starship's Spaces are much bigger and more expensive than a mech's Spaces, and also because you're not having to pay actual CP for your ship so much as you're being given options and improvements for it.
>>
>>47702407
I'm looking at the scaling chapter and not seeing anything about that.
>>
>>47702342
Hell yea. Give the mech a stetson hat on top and you're golden.
>>
>>47702283
Clearly they need to make a Mega Heavy ship with TWO core cannons.
>>
>>47702459
Anon I feel concern for you and your mental state. Are you ok?
>>
>>47702342
Why do you have 6 Interservo Links, and why do they cost 21 CP?

Also, which armor grade are you using for 'Officer Armor'? Beta armor should cost you an additional (8*7*0.25 = 14 CP).

>>47702423
The Scaling chapter basically says 'build a mech in Mekton scale, and then scale it according to this'. Space Efficiency applies as well, it just doesn't scale in any way since spaces don't scale (out-of-scale systems aside) except for cost (which is listed right at the start of the entry for the relevant scale).
>>
Aren't quests supposed to go on the other board
>>
>>47702489
I agree with him. We need a ship with some over-sized cannons for the big ship fights we're gonna get involved in.
>>
>>47702489
He just has a case of the Muhuahahahs, it'll pass.
>>
File: 167854502e4c2.jpg (90 KB, 800x782) Image search: [Google]
167854502e4c2.jpg
90 KB, 800x782
>>47702512
Soon anon. All of this shit will be purged soon.
>>
>>47702459
>not 6 Linked upscaled 1-Kill WA +3 Burst 3 Beam Weapons that combine into a single fuckhuge cannon
We need to go deeper.
>>
>>47702546
Are we gonna go full mad scientist mode here? Is it possible to Voltron link several ships together? Cause then shenanigans can happen.
>>
>>47702489
Anything under super heavy will be taken out with 1 salvo, assuming they have no shields. You can get other ships to soften the bigger targets up then take em out with core cannons.
>>
>>47702493
The 6 were to link all the four weapons to each other so if any were fired it would still be linked, the 21 was a math error, and I used Wong's but let me change that to Beta
>>
>>47702515

It's the ATM. It does that to people. It did that to me. Now I am one with the cost multipliers and Space Efficiency.
>>
>>47702546
From what i can make out of that chapter, when you're using upscaled stuff you're basically counting spaces against a normal mech x100, so a striker ship would have 600 spaces you could fill up with upscaled mech equipment, right?
>>
>>47702593
Weakness. I conquered the ATM, even the Stupid Mekton Tricks, and I stand undaunted. I looked into the abyss. The abyss looked back.

The abyss blinked.
>>
>>47702623
I am interested and wish to know more.
>>
>>47702623
>thinks his loss of consciousness was the abyss blinking
I welcome you, my bretheren. Ftagn ftagn.
>>
>>47702623
Did you? Did you really? Tell me then, how would you cheese a rough 20% in CP off of the cost of almost any mech?
>>
>>47702643
Well to put it simply, I suffered for several years through multiple bouts of insanity, including hospitalization at a couple of points.

I've been through the whole 'insufferable madness' bit. These days, attempts such as the one made by the ATM stand only as idle amusements.

>>47702737
I said I beat it, not that I memorized the damn thing.
>>
File: Red Siren Princess of Space.jpg (859 KB, 800x1108) Image search: [Google]
Red Siren Princess of Space.jpg
859 KB, 800x1108
The kid made a rookie mistake. One you know about because one of your former squadmates is a sniper. Like most young snipers, he's sitting as far away as possible rather than at a safe-ish but still medium distance, too cozy and tactical to advance. He might get a shot at you, but you're willing to bet he can't hit you for long without moving if you back off.

You take the gamble, and it pays off. You manage to avoid his shots, and while the S-Slayer is forced to choose between fruitlessly attacking you with its missiles or racing along the upper edge of the canyon to keep you and the girls in view and inevitably deciding to pursue, you bolt after Red Siren.

You watch your instruments, and see Keith's mech falling behind, unable to keep up and forced to slowly circle around the colony. The S-Slayer is keeping just out of the immediate distance of Red Siren's guns and your grappling harpoon, stalking you without attacking for now.

>[This is all well and good, but you need a long-term way to either beat them or get out of here, preferably with your prisoners. You, Red Siren, and Clemmy all have functioning comms, and can reach the Pure Pure Puru or Red Siren's flying gloatmobile.]
>>
>>47702815
Can you truly say to have beaten it without having plumbed its innermost secrets, and discovered the exploits you'd make sure to be aware of before ever running a game, so you can fucking slap any player who tries to bring that shit to your table?
>>
>>47702876
I'm a player, not a GM. Sooo... yeah. At the level I need? Yeah.
>>
>>47702875
Don't look at me. I wanted us to replace the physical shields with an anti-range reactive shield 5 threads ago.
>>
>>47702875
Have Siren's ship try to hassle Jesus while we hold off the Slayer for as long as possible until the girls get to the puru and get it ready so we can leave
>>
Meanwhile, I came up with three different options for the ways you could spend four spaces, listed from most shooty to most tanky.

A: Ditch the Rhinehawk's shields entirely, upgrade both port and starboard batteries to Superheavy (500K)

B: Switch the batteries from Martian (port and starboard) configuration to Jovian (bow and stern) configuration. Upgrades the rear battery to Heavy (200K) and the front battery to Superheavy (500K), does not affect shields.

C: Upgrades the shields from Light to Medium (2000SP), a whopping level of protection. Also upgrades the beam batteries from Medium to Heavy (200K).
>>
>>47702875
Since we have an action to spare outside of movement, can we take pot-shots at the S-Slayer at long range?

Comms the PewPewPew regardless, and inquire as to whether the people we're trying to rescue from UJCIDF recapture are even still there.

Regardless, we're not going to go there personally, we're going to send Rosita's Harpy pilots there, if she can communicate securely to her ship, while we distract these fucks.
>>
>>47702962
I say B
>>
>>47702962
A. I've got a deep and personal need to have big guns. Big guns which aren't stupid and useless like Core Cannons. God I hate those stupid things.
>>
>>47702956

Didn't you send the Harpies back to Red Siren's ship while you broke off towards the Colony? You would need to either get the PPP, or get the prisoners off there and onto your mechs. You do have Captain Ashta's number in your PC, thanks to an earlier thread.
>>
>>47702875
For starters we need to get the Gloatmobile out of there before they take out their frustration. It will seperate them further and make the next part easier; fooling Slayer.

Those holographic images, can they look like the Kaiser? If we can force him down a dead end, we can make it so he'd never be able to find us. Throw our signal, get a lock on the Pure Pure Puru's coordinates, make him waste ammo, time and energy following us while further separating them.
>>
>>47702962
A
>>
>>47702962
I say C.
>>
>>47703012
Could Ashta reach Siren's ship?
>>
>>47702966
>Since we have an action to spare outside of movement, can we take pot-shots at the S-Slayer at long range?

You're moving full speed to get out of there and Red Siren is somewhat hindered from having to carry Clemmy's larger mech.
>>
>>47702962
C. Better tankyness is good. And it will make us a rather unique flagship.
>>
>>47702962
B sounds good, but considering all the Stealth mechs that seem to have been flying around recently, perhaps we might instead want an ASP somewhere in there?
>>
>>47703036

His ship could.
>>
>>47702962
So where are the rules for port and starboard firing ports? If you didn't just house rule it.

also I say C.
>>
>>47703043
Wait, is the S-Slayer deliberately matching our speed, or is the fact that it's barely out of our range just coincidence?
>>
I should add, one downside to B is that you need broadsides for maximum damage. Broadsides are harder to line up than head-on or retreating-directly-from shots, obviously.
>>
>>47703061
Alright then contact Ashta and have him tell the Ship to distract Jesus and we'll owe him one favor
>>
>>47702962
A for the dakka
>>
>>47703067

At full speed it's just about fast enough to keep up with you. Red Siren is pretty speedy, but she's slowed down by Clemmy and you're playing rearguard.
>>
>>47703067
S-Slayer has 8 MA to Kaiser's 10. IT'd slowly lose ground. If the Puru has full warp, then we cling onto it and warp out of there. Need to lose Slayer first.
>>
>>47702962
C. Better to live than dying from being blown to bits
>>
>>47703065

It's a houserule, there's no practical reason why you can't have beam batteries with an left or right arc instead of front or rear.
>>
>>47703083
Then C.
>>
>>47703133
Ah ok, makes wish they had expanded the customisation of star ships some more.
>>
>>47702962
C. It's not like this is the final upgrade to the Rhinehawk. We need the survivability and the fire power that C provides.
>>
Actually, would our improved sensor systems allow us to communicate securely with the Puru, or would we have to hail them over open frequencies?
>>
File: judau.jpg (28 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
judau.jpg
28 KB, 349x400
You get out your PC, and you find a number that you normally associate with selling unwanted scrap and the occasional bit of fencing stolen goods.

"Hello hello, it's Judeau~" You hear over the line, "I had some people to deliver to you, buddy, but there's a gunfight going on in space right now, you involved?"

"Ayep." You pithily respond. You've never been able to shake the feeling that given the chance this man would steal your mech, pilot it himself, damage it repeatedly, put another mech's head on it, make his own version, and then sell it.

"You know I was promised payment, right?" Fucking scavvies.

"Ayep. You're not just helping me out, you're helping Red Siren. We'll owe you a favor, and that's a lot better than just me owing you one. Do something for me, would you?"

"Do you owe me more than a favor for it?" Fucking scavvies!

"I'll pay you. I've got a huge payday coming up anyway, big-time Martian heiress whose betrothed wants her back, and I'm not exactly short of credits anyway."

Ashta whistles. "What do you need?"

"Take the ship out of dock, and move it to..." You calculate a heading and send it to him. It will put him right between Jesus and the three of you.

"Can do, boss man. You ever think of letting me take a spin in the Kaiser? I'll touch up the paint job, it'll look great." Fucking. Scavvies.

"Absolutely not. My mechanic would cry. We'll join up with you, you gate us to Auditorium, and you get everything I promised plus shore leave at a beach surrounded by Red Siren's grateful fangirls." Your mechanic would throw a wrench at Captain Ashta if he altered the Kaiser.

[Continued]
>>
>>47703369

Your PC does that just fine. Many threads ago, someone wanted Ashta's number because knowing a junk dealer is useful, and I said "sure", so you can talk to him that way.
>>
>>47703449
Well that became really useful if this works
>>
"Roarke, dear? I hope I'm not interrupting, but I've received comms from my ship. My crew is asking what to do, and they...have some disturbing news." She lowers her voice, "A Harpy is missing, and they discovered something worse. The girl responsible for the PA system and clearing mecha for launch was found dead in a supply closet. Strangulation, it looks like. Something, or someone, came back from Auditorium with us."

You grunt, not all that surprised. You'd been wondering why the S-Slayer hadn't attacked sooner. Perhaps this was a retrieval mission for more than one party.

"What do you want my people to do, if we're taking the Puru back?" Despite her habitual confidence, Rosita sounds worried.

>[What say?]
>>
>>47703577
Well shes already gone so all we can do is radio the colony and put a bounty on the harpy and her and hope she hasn't gated away yet
>>
>>47703577
Run a full systems check while preparing to return to Auditorium. The missing Harpy probably means that whoever it was is gone, but we'll want to do a check when before docking back when we're done.

In the meanwhile, the ship may have been sabotaged just like the Jaburo was. The modus operandi seems similar, at least.
>>
File: perfect.jpg (661 KB, 1722x1168) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
661 KB, 1722x1168
My 2 cents.
>>
>>47703674
second, also have the ship be on lockdown once it arrives until a team can sweep, clear and vet all personnel
>>
>>47703726
Really Roarke even the ship!?
>>
>>47703577
Get the Heart of Gold to a secondary rendezvous while they sweep the ship fpr sabotage. Get the Yamato to meet them at the secondary rendezvous and pick up the crew and Harpies before scuttling it.
>>
>>47703674

It's most of a day before the ship's microgate projector will be recharged. It can, however, handily outrun both SOUL vessels under standard engine power until it can warp again.
>>
>>47703765
Backing this, I don't want to risk it being a bomb that goes off when we get to auditorium
>>
>>47703768
So we basically need to make it so that the souls pair are either occupied or lost. If we can block a path and hook up with the pair, we should be in the clear.
>>
By the way, things I missed last thread. Apparently /sg/ really did call in an airstrike on some terrorists. Who said nothing good ever comes from /pol/? Props to you guys.
>>
>>47703798
>>47703765
Can we focus on the task at hand first? A sweep for any sabotage and lock down is fine, but first things first, we need to get everyone out of the area. Preferably the civvies first while making sure the Sirens are far enough away to avoid persuit.
>>
>>47703867
That was the plan, this is for after we escape form Soul B
>>
File: 1 million hours.jpg (149 KB, 1749x732) Image search: [Google]
1 million hours.jpg
149 KB, 1749x732
>>47701154
reposting
>>
>>47703881
Alright. So, what do you suggest we do to stop them? Jesus is going to snipe until we find a way to hitch a ride, and Slayer is a risky bugger since we cannot afford a pissing match with him. As mentioned before distraction or denying him the route could work if we can close the door behind him. If we do face him, just breaking a leg and fleeing should be enough.
>>
File: Archenrearview.jpg (42 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Archenrearview.jpg
42 KB, 576x432
"Set a secondary rendezvous point. Have them retreat immediately while the SOUL units are occupied, full speed. We'll have the Yamato come for them later. We may have to scuttle it."

"Scuttle it!?" An indignant idol is a thing to hear, "My new ship!?"

"Or we come back for it once we've been over it with a fine-tooth comb for sabotage. You remember what happened to the Jaburo. We can't take the risk it hasn't happened here too. Captain Ashta, adjust your course three degrees towards us." Between the colony's bulk and the Pure Pure Puru, it will be a while before Keith's S-Slinger can target you again. Meanwhile, the S-Slayer is gradually falling behind.

You try to gauge how far it will be from the canyon to the ship. Going straight for it, the S-Slayer might reach you before you get there. Your real worry is that instead of you, it will unload every missile it has on the Archen. True, Red Siren's mech still has five holographic shadows fluttering around it, but...you don't like the risk.

>[Both of you go together]
>[You go up first and engage the S-Slayer with your harpoons if it approaches too closely]
>>
>>47704035
We have the ship coming out to mess up Jesus and for Slayer we out run him and if he catches up we take him on one on one until the girls are on the puru
>>
>>47704035
>Jesus
Probably takes 15+ turns to arrive. At that point, ambush him at close range using all the cover around us and steal his gun.

>Slayer
Steal his axes (preferably before Jesus arrives), and keep him away from Rosita.

A laughingly large number of mechs can be rendered impotent, or at least heavily inconvenienced, by grab attacks.
>>
>>47704036
>[You go up first and engage the S-Slayer with your harpoons if it approaches too closely]

If he shoot any missiles at her then get directly in the way of them since our shields can take it
>>
>>47704036
I don't trust his missiles not to roll insanely and fuck up Rosita. We'll have to rely on Grapple-chan to protect us like the Best Girl she us.
>>
>>47704036
>>
>>47704036
>>[You go up first and engage the S-Slayer with your harpoons if it approaches too closely]
Remember, we just need to disable him. Break his thrusters and he can't follow.
>>
>>47704077

Yeah, but a large number of mechs can be rendered armless piles of scrap, or at least heavily damaged, by punch attacks.
>>
>>47704132
We need to get rid of the missiles too because he might just target the puru
>>
>>47704145
That the beauty of a brawl based mecha its one of the most uncommon builds so no one is really speced for it
>>
>>47704145
A large number of pilots are not particularly well-trained in Mecha Fighting, and will find it hard to hit Roarke (or grab their weapons back, for that matter) in unarmed combat.

A large number of mechs also do not deal the required 5 Kills of damage with their fists required to ablate the Kaiser's Beta Armor.
>>
I just got a thought reading the advanced manual, if we get a reflector shield and make it enclosing we can half the price and protect ourselves from anything ranged and only be damaged by punching. And according to what >>47704170 said we'll be that much stronger
>>
Speaking of builds. If I told you that it was possible to make a EMW version of the Armored Thruster Fists that was considerably lighter, might cost less, and could transform into a shield like Clemmy's beamsabers, how would you feel about that? Basically, how attached are you to the crushing, cool-but-low-tech, physical hands and shields? After all, aesthetics are the most important aspect of a giant robot.

I can promise that instead of beam claws it would be something more like a Shining Finger effect created by spreading a number of diffuse beam emitters across key parts of the hand and forearm, giving it a sort of "fiery aura" around its fists. This might not cost CP, it's more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, arguably AP is better than the EMW effect against more armored enemies, and you would almost certainly be trading some shield SP for more damage.
>>
>>47704016
That looks more like a carrier, if anything else.
>>
>>47704225
I'm down with shining finger. Our emotions are burning hot after all.
>>
>>47704225
Nyet, comrade. Low-tech is still best. Especially against ENW heavy shields.
>>
>>47704225
I would say yes, because being Variable Beam Shields would vastly improve their survivability, and because Clemmy would be touched by us taking a leaf out of her book.

That said, I'd prioritize a cheap Reactive Shield, depending on how you would rule Grapple-chan would or wouldn't be affected by it being Ranged Only.
>>
>>47704225
So we would do less damage to armored enemies and lose some of our shield defense for a boost in overall damage?
>>
>>47704225

And by that, I mean possibly four points of shield SP. However, you've been discussing a reactive shield, which would be separate and likely have more SP for those high-damage snipers.

Aside from this, you would lose a lot of weight. Sixteen tons worth of weight.
>>
>>47704309
Could we make that Reactive shield enclosing and use the cp gained from that to up its sp?
>>
>>47704335
Not sp, I mean shorten the reset time on it
>>
>>47704225
Could do a mix with the bit weaponry idea. Heavy knuckles for our bits, beam knuckles for ourselves. It'd lower our weight and allow us to cover more bases.
>>
>>47704309
Surely the reactive shield wouldn't encompass the drone as well?

>>47704347
Admittedly, if we can raise its SP such that it's never penetrated, reset time becomes irrelevant. Depending on circumstances, an SP 15 Reset X shield could be better than an SP 8 Reset 0.
>>
>>47704291

Sort of. Beam shields aren't like physical shields. They don't ablate, but if something beats their SP they block what they can and then flicker out until your next turn rolls around.

Your base damage would increase to at least 8K before factoring in the bonus from your arm servos, so I can't say you would be doing "less" damage when I look at the actual armor values available.

>>47704357

You could indeed do this. One other thought I'd had was that the storm of giant metal palms and knuckles around you kind of replicates the visual effect of the big shoulder-mechadendrite-mounted shields you currently have, especially in cape mode.
>>
>>47704357
We don't particularly need to lower our own weight, but lowering the weight of our bits allows us to fit more systems in its limited spaces by virtue of requiring less thrusters.
>>
>>47704409
It costs 32 CP to remove the weight of the heavy parts we have. Physical parts take up a lot less room and only for double the weight. For a strong shield, and armor piercing, which can be lowered to 1 a piece with a medium weight to light heavy arm, we'd have more than enough room to make that arm hella fast.
>>
>>47704366
>>47704335

The reactive shield is an issue for another day. I know basically what you guys want from it, and I know basically how to make it. We're kind of derailing from the upgrade system we had originally, because you're approaching the point of a big, mid-season upgrade with some dramatic effects. You'll get a lot of the smaller, existing upgrades at once, and then a shorter list of options like drones or adding that shield or other things.

The shields I'm talking about now are part of this proposed EMW system.

Also, no, if the Kaiser has a reactive shield and drones, the drones only receive the shield's protection while they're docked with it.
>>
>>47704396
That would actually be a surprising turn of events. Slayer expects a heavier mech, sees our big bulky should cape, and then we surprise him with a flurry of blows. Heavy fists to soften him up before the fast beam fists finish him off.
>>
>>47704450
So what limits are there on space and weight efficiency?
>>
Thinking about it, I'm wondering if 8 SP would be enough, considering some of the damages we've been on melee weapons so far.
>>
File: Captain Roarke Starwind.png (104 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
Captain Roarke Starwind.png
104 KB, 220x279
Rolled 6 + 16 (1d10 + 16)

You explain your plan to her, soaring up ahead of the girls but slowing down as you grow nearer to the ship, always keeping between them and the S-Slayer. The girls express some concern at letting you fight with a damaged arm, but the S-Slayer's armor is still somewhat tattered from the Archen's lasers and its torso is dented from you kicking it, so you're not terribly unconfident.

...Until it decides to play dirty. Six hundred meters away, the S-Slayer stops, outside your reach. You see the blade-finned heavy missile emerging from the blank mouth of its eerily expressionless mask.

It fires, without saying anything irritating for once.

>[Feed me 1d10+14s, just a few, first come first served. If you fail your dodge, I'll automatically assign that 3 Maneuver/Luck that Anon wanted to use earlier to your parry roll]
>>
Rolled 4 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47704540
80s gods hear my plea
>>
Rolled 6 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47704540
add a plus 3 to help it
>>
Rolled 9 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47704540
>Really Slayer? You tried this last time. What makes you think it'll work this time.
>>
>>47704507

You can't reduce anything below 1 Space. Since thrusters are bought individually, you can't use space efficiency on thrusters. As for Weight Efficiency, I'm not strictly fluffing it as being physically lighter the way the book does, I'm also including things like hovering on a small cushion of air or having a lot of microthrusters providing a small amount of constant lift and making it perform small movements more quickly. You can't reduce your weight below 1 ton, and a mech in that range would be extremely weird-looking.
>>
>>47704553
Thunder, the 80's gods do not want your pleas. Show your fealty by playing 80's rock and roll.
>>
>>47704587
Thats all i've been doing
>>
>>47704540
dice+1d4+14
>>
>>47704580
Well, for the one aspect the magnetic joint coating like the old school gundams could work. As for that 1 ton mech.. I am just picturing the card board gundam to scale.
>>
>>47704597
Put it in the options field anon. Above the comment field and below the name field.
>>
>>47704601
>>47704597
I don't know what surprised me more. The fact he tried to screw us over, or the fact that his lack of knowledge caused him to screw himself over.
>>
File: ATM section on propulsion.jpg (377 KB, 485x664) Image search: [Google]
ATM section on propulsion.jpg
377 KB, 485x664
>>47704580
>Since thrusters are bought individually, you can't use space efficiency on thrusters
Is this a houserule?
>>
Rolled 2 + 14 (1d4 + 14)

>>47704540
Better?
>>
>>47704580
Also, when you say 'You can't reduce anything below 1 Space.', do you mean that you can't reduce anything to 0 spaces? Because I imagine that 1-kill melee weapons which cost 0.5 CP would take up as many spaces, and missiles and projectile weapon ammo can both potentially take up fractional spaces as well.

>>47704712
Why are you rolling d4s?
>>
>>47704715
I was learning how to diceroll
>>
Rolled 4 + 4 (1d10 + 4)

Quick, someone give me a 1d10+5, first come first served.

>>47704572

Your roll is saved for the first attack the Kaiser makes.
>>
Rolled 1 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

>>47704748
>>
Rolled 10 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

>>47704748
>>

>>47704748
here ya go
>>
Rolled 4 + 5 (1d10 + 5)

>>47704748
>>
>>47704635

No. I was just genuinely wrong. You CAN use space efficiency on thrusters!

Now watch everything I make from now on become even more horrifying.
>>
>>47704760
Ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuu.....
Too late to retroactively spend luck?
>>
>>47704760
>>47704764
welp
>>
>>47704760
Well shit.
>>
>>47704775
I spent luck for the roll that was already spending luck. Not sure if that works.
>>
File: disappointed siren.png (96 KB, 350x175) Image search: [Google]
disappointed siren.png
96 KB, 350x175
>>47704760
>>47704761
The dice simply don't want us to win this, do they?

Next time on Mecha Space Pirate Quest, choose which waifu you want to play as from now on!
>>
>>47704785
We Space Military Dictator now
>>
File: Kaiser helmet.jpg (111 KB, 447x568) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser helmet.jpg
111 KB, 447x568
Rolled 6, 7 = 13 (2d10)

The missile roars towards you. There's no time to dodge, the S-Slayer's pilot is an excellent shot. Honestly, in terms of pure skill, you've never encountered anyone this good, and it scares you a little. There just aren't many aces on this level. People like you and Clemmy are rare, people better than you are extremely rare. Of course, his mech is rather clumsy, he has the same problem fighting you that Clemmy did against Red Siren.

So even as the swirling exhaust contrail of the missile zeroes in on your sensor mask, you have time to swing one of your massive shoulder shields into the way. The blast knocks you backwards, head over heels, a huge chunk gouged out of the nanotube-reinforced alloy plate...but you're unharmed, and from what your target analyzer read earlier he doesn't have any more ranged options that can hurt you.

You estimate about thirty more seconds until Red Siren reaches the ship with Clemmy. Her thruster system wasn't really built with carrying a larger mech in mind. The S-Slayer is still six hundred meters away, neither of you can reach the other in a single movement.

He tries, though. Jetting towards you at full speed in the wake of his attack, the emerald plasma edges of his shields lighting up the night. He closes the distance to two hundred meters.

>[What do you want to do with your turn? He's two hundred meters away, you could reach that in one action accompanied by a dropkick, then have a second action to attack. Or you could try to grab him with your harpoon to temporarily incapacitate one of his limbs, dropkick him, and risk letting him get the first attack next turn for a potentially stronger position this turn. Either way, here's his dodge and parry for the first assault, at +14]
>>
Rolled 10 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47704834
Drop kick then second turn attack with ora
>>
BOOST FORWARD INBETWEEN THE TWO OF THEM, SO THEY OVER SHOOT YOU, FIRE GRAPPLE-CHAN AT S-SLINGER, GRAPPLE-CHAN2 AT S-SLAYER, SLAM BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER LIKE THE STRIKE NOIR DID THE BUCUES IN GUNDAM STARGAZERRRR
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>47704854
Time for exploding dice
>>
THen ora ora ora roaoraoroararoaoraoroararaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the tangled mechfuk bundle!
>>
>>47704834
How much space do we have to fall back, if we want to do so?

Also, voting to grapple one of his axes from him for the first action.

>>47704802
>not Space Military Defector

>>47704772
>Now watch everything I make from now on become even more horrifying.
As long as you don't find a way to cheese high BV, long-range hypervelocity nuke rounds, or long-range wide-angle mega-beam beam weapons, I will still always have hope even through my sheer terror.
>>
>>47704863

You only have one grapple-chan. Clemmy's has two. Also, the S-Slinger is several kilometers away.
>>
I just got back, but didn't Mask already fire his mouth missile at the Archen last episode?
>>
>>47704863

Basically This, at 0:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNQR8LoPKY
>>
>>47704867

We're not doing exploding dice, remember?
>>
>>47704905
Oh I remember we were for a while
>>
>>47704893
Oh man. Time to clone grapple-chan and double Best Waifu! Then uhhhh I don't know shoot the S-Slayer in the dick with Grapple-Chan and follow up with UTTER MECHPENISDESTRUCTION FIST BARRAGE?
>>
>>47704896

No. His new mech has blank facemasks instead of animal skulls or a devil's mask. He fired on the Archen with his shoulder missiles previously, but was saving the head-mounted heavy missile for you.
>>
Rolled 9, 6 = 15 (2d10)

>>47704854

+14 to both
>>
File: clemmy best girl mug.jpg (219 KB, 723x722) Image search: [Google]
clemmy best girl mug.jpg
219 KB, 723x722
>>47704920
Anon, you seem a little out of sorts. Are you alright?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.