[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Throat Ghoul Quest Redux 1
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 22
File: opener.png (457 KB, 489x546) Image search: [Google]
opener.png
457 KB, 489x546
You are the Red Throat Tribe.

Undead ghouls animated by the sentient bacteria calling itself the Red Rot. Once enslaved to a necromancer you have broken free to create a new home for yourselves deep in the dark catacombs under the bustling metropolis of Meldric.

You are not alone down in the Dark.

You have made powerful enemies and close friends with the denizens of the undergrounds. The monstrous and the mutated look to your Tribe and the leadership of Chieftain Jaw for protection and guidance, the radiant light of your power guiding and shielding them from the horrors and cruelty that surround them.

Centered around your tribe an alliance of the various tribes and groups that struggle to survive. Mobile and sentient fungal creatures your closest allies, the first of your friends upon your Enlightenment, fight and die and farm alongside you. An ever growing family of Crocodilian mutants follow your example, protecting the weak with their fearsome might. An ancient and alien intelligence finds itself growing more attached to those it helps to protect at your urging. A family and village of hidden mutants, nearly broken by your own but healing and regaining strength, opens its arms to the refugees and discarded from the surface. A bizarre undead tutors and guides your siblings in profane arts, their cruel rituals turned to the betterment and protection of the Tribes.

Yet you have made many enemies as well. Surfacers fear and suspect you of atrocities or hunt and terrorize you and your allies. Monstrous creatures hunt and prey on the weak, mutants and undead stalking the tunnels in their eternal hunger. Alien minds, ancient and malevolent, twist and warp the dreams and bodies of the weak-willed into their pawns to spread chaos and fear. In many ways the Tribes acting as a buffer to protect the surface world from the horrors of the Dark.

You are the Red Throat Ghouls and the City above fears you. Time will tell if that fear is unfounded or rightfully deserved.
>>
>>47685771
fag
>>
>>47685771
Ah, hello Jyoti nice to see the quest up again, still haven't caught up in the archives but I think I get the gits of whats going on, hopefully everyone else shows up.
>>
File: 1429834263026.jpg (222 KB, 1011x1012) Image search: [Google]
1429834263026.jpg
222 KB, 1011x1012
>>47685771
Welcome back folks!
Glad to be back, it's been hell trying to run this again.

This is the Red Throat Ghoul Quest where you play as a tribe of undead Ghouls as they live and grow in the tunnels and sewers under a metropolis thick with danger and pollution. There are many enemies that would love to do the tribe harm but the tribe does have friends to help it in it's times of need.

For those of you that are new there is a Recap thread to bring folks up to speed and also a rather extensive backlog of the previous 46 threads of this quest.

Recap Thread: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47446534/
Archive: http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/username/jyoti/type/op/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CeroTheNull

This thread will be mostly interacting with allies of the Tribe and examining the ghouls progress.

Let's get this show moving.

>>47685783
Welcome friend!

>>47685895
Thanks for coming! Hope you enjoy it
>>
File: 1426295221573.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1426295221573.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>47685771
Damn, it's good to see this running again, time for ghouls.
>>
Neat, looking forward to jumping in on this one after the Death Among the Stars hiatus.
>>
>>47685925
Leader: Chieftain Jaw

Population: 15 Enlightened, 115 Human Ferals, 95 Hobgoblin Ferals, 11 Orc Ferals, 58 Goblin Ferals, 1 Troll Feral, 2 Ogre Ferals, 5 Radiant Ferals

Prisoners: None

Livestock: 46 Murkhounds, 20 Clackers, 25 Centipedes

Bases: Sepulcher (Home), Reservoir, Abandoned Mansion, Industrial Outpost (joint Fungal operation)

(Oh boy incoming wall of text)

>>47686620
>>47686289
Good to see you!
>>
File: 27847.jpg (66 KB, 550x369) Image search: [Google]
27847.jpg
66 KB, 550x369
>>47686942
The first home of the Ghouls, the Sepulcher, has grown beyond it's original crypt. The tunnels have been dug out and expanded, columns supporting the weight above. Walls of sturdy brick and mortar raised to section off the tunnels or even hide them from view completely. The walls glow with luminescent paint and the light of the fist sized Glowcaps that grow in clusters. The Network of fungus and mushroom mycelium growing along the walls sprouting a multitude of colorful and vibrant molds and mushrooms, several swaying as they stared with blank eyes at the inhabitants.

Dust and Tatters laboratory has grown in scale, the Masters old Study torn apart and expanded to house the multitude of alchemical equipment and a row of blood-stained tables with heavy manacles lining the wall. A heavy iron door sealing off the main hall from the fumes and screams of their experiments. Imprinted Feral ghouls walk along the tables, shifting beakers or adjusting the flames under boiling jars, a handful in the corner mixing large urns of glue and paint.

Bones forge and workshop heating nearly the whole Sepulcher as he and his imprinted ghouls toil night and day. A glowing smelter melting down scrap metal as goblin ferals jump up and down on a series of bellows chattering away in a mindless song. Hammer ring as spearheads and axes are shaped from glowing metal, grindstones sending sparks flying as ferals sharpen and hone the weapons of the tribe for war and trade. Harvested chitin ground up into a fine dust sit in large clay urns or stacked in plates awaiting being turned into the tribes signature armor. A Feral screams, startling its companions as a massive crocjaw trap snaps down and removes several fingers. Sure to grow back the ferals turn back to their tasks as the injured mopes its way over to sit in the healing glow of the Radiant Ghouls.
>>
File: murkhound.jpg (200 KB, 1200x514) Image search: [Google]
murkhound.jpg
200 KB, 1200x514
>>47686995
Feral barracks have expanded the most, breaking down walls and even the floor to create a large room where Ferals sleep in groups or curl up in alcoves. The walls glow bright with the ferals paintings, shifting dreamscapes of vivid color changing daily as off-duty ghouls dip talons and hands into urns of the paint to smear along the walls.

Bug, truly living up to his chosen name with his skin replaced with gleaming chitin exoskeleton, tends to the large fungal and vegetable farms with goblin ferals crawling like spiders along a series of nets and ropes to reach the highest of the carved shelves watering and picking ripe mushrooms or scraping off layers of slime and mold into jars.

Murkhounds are a constant sight through the tribes holdings, their den kept completely lightless to protect the sensitive grubs and pupae. Tamed Clackers mill about the ghouls controlled rivers and rarely wandering beyond their borders and the promise of daily food. A small area contains the tribes centipede population, enthralled to the area by Bugs power. Their venom and the paralytic slime they frequently oozed collected in large urns placed under their burrows and pipes collected every other day by cautious ferals. The venomous creatures still prone to the occasional half-hearted attempt to snatch a ghoul into their burrows.

Warleader Fist and Shield train with ferals in the main hall, imprinting on them their fighting abilities. It had been a long and stressful road to train the ferals in proper fighting techniques but between the pair the ferals of the tribe have become a deadly force. Moving as if one mind as they followed the silent mental commands of the Enlightened they practiced marching in a phalanx of spears and shields, goblin snipers firing blunt crossbow bolts from between the shields. A hobgoblin wearing a slimer steps from a parting of the shield wall, the ghoul-forged device spraying a stream of the centipedes paralytic slime at a dummy of stone.
>>
File: 1426032145743.jpg (57 KB, 729x737) Image search: [Google]
1426032145743.jpg
57 KB, 729x737
>>47687010
Jaw and Tatters sit under the snarling idol of a Ghouls face, the walls alongside it carved into rows that bore the skulls of their fallen. The idol of the Red Rot and the skulls decorated with bright red paint to memorialize the ferals lost to the true death. The pair of Enlightened watch as the warriors train the ferals, a Radiant ghoul perched nearby. The glowing goblin stares blissfully into the distance as several injured or bored ferals laze about its feet. Tatters pets a Murkhound behind an eyestalk, its chaotic face of mandibles and teeth resting in her lap as it slept, the ghoul speaking softly to Jaw about the progress of her alchemical experiments.

The Prison, once full of screaming and whimpering infected, sits empty for the first time in recent memory. Empty all expect for the pulsating pool of black slime in the far corner. Occasionally a disembodied eye will emerge, wet and hovering as it went forth to explore and observe. The Unity, an everpresent guest, approaches the pair of undead to inform them of the Fungals progress in their excavations every further down and the reservoir they were constructing for themselves. The Snapped Anvil begrudgingly requesting another shipment of the fungal crops with a shipment of metal and surface supplies to trade. Talon sending along a request for Jaws attention at their Reservoir outpost at her convenience. The Unity also reports a possible sighting of the ever elusive Sweetie, the mutated undead coming to hunt the ghouls that once doted upon them, the Red Rot a delicacy to the warped undead.

What shall Jaw do first?
>Personally bring trade to Snapped Anvil
>Visit the Reservoir
>Investigate Sweetie's appearance
>>
>>47687029
>>Investigate Sweetie's appearance
>>
>>47687029
Oh yeah, you can totally write in an action. Don't know how I forgot the
>Other (write in)
option
>>
>>47687029
>Investigate Sweetie's appearance

We should really get on that.
>>
>>47687029
>Personally bring trade to Snapped Anvil
>>
>>47687029
>>Investigate Sweetie's appearance
Anybody remember what we rolled for the experiments with Punra that got him so messed up?
>>
>>47687029
The chance to finally track down and possibly capture the elusive undead was too tempting to pass up. Jaw speaks to Bug briefly and the hobgoblin mutant begins preparing a new shipment to be transported. Breadshroom growths larger than a goblin are loaded up onto several sledges along with fish and mushroom beer kegs, teams of murkhounds and ferals tugging against their harnesses to drag them.

Jaw and Dust gather a collection of ghouls with them and head for the tunnels only to encounter Fang clinging to the back of his personal murkhound flanked by a pair of his goblin murkhound raiders. Welcoming his presence and ability at warping the shadows to their aid the group sets off with Jaw pausing long enough to ease Fist's protests and desire to tag along with a few words and a quick kiss to his scarred brow.

A human feral carries on its back a large clay urn that gurgles and bubbles with each step, a handful of floating eyes entering and reemerging as the Unity portion guides them into the catacombs. Passing by a patrol of Fungal Guards and ghouls they head deeper into the tunnels away from their territory and towards the underground rivers that joined the sewers.

Giant rats and blind toads flee before them, murkhound riding goblins scouting with echolocation from within spheres of condensed shadow. As they walked Dust's hands trembled until she clenched them and bit at her lip with black fangs. She nearly jumps as Jaw places a comforting hand on her shoulder and the bald Enlightened could only smile uneasily, "I hope Sweeeetie is in aan agreeable mood," she croaks out.

>cont
>>
>>47687915
Jaw nods and was ready to reply when a mental alert sent from a scouting goblin startled them. Ahead in the rough-hewn tunnels they could smell then hear something feasting.

Sneaking ahead Fang and his murkhound cling to the ceiling and walls until they reach a corner and Fang peeks his head around. Large eyes supernaturally adapted to the complete darkness peer out at the misshapen being hunched over the corpse of a Skum mutated human feeding on the mucus-like transparent flesh.

Sweetie has been found.

How shall they approach him?
>Attempt to surround
>Approach openly but cautiously
>Charge him
>Ambush him
>Other
>>
>>47687929
>>Approach openly but cautiously
>>
>>47687929
>>Approach openly but cautiously
>>
>>47687929
>Approach openly but cautiously
Roll me 1d100 best of first 3 (or until I finish the post)
>>
Rolled 58 (1d100)

>>47688033
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>47688033
YAY I caught it!
>>
Rolled 43 (1d100)

>>47688033
>>
So what a 58 gives us.
>>
Rolled 56 (1d100)

>>47688033
>>
>>47687929
Gotdang, how much punra did Tatters shoot him up with?
>>
>>47687929
Oh damn... Sweetie got fucked up
>>
>>47687929
How is he keeping him self together?
>>
>>47688033
Despite Fangs urging to trap the undead, his feelings toward the creature bitter after Sweetie had injured both him and several goblins and murkhounds in the past weeks, Jaw and Dust make their way through the tunnels toward the feasting undead.

A hobgoblin feral carrying a Guardmilitia lantern shakes it a few times then flips the shutters to unleash a blue glow from the glowcap liquid preserved in the glass jar, shining brightly from the agitation, and lifts it high on the end of a spear. The twisted shape of bone and muscle recoils at the light despite its distance down the tunnel.

Turning their gaze from ghoul to ghoul Sweetie was a depressing sight to Dust, the Enlightened still wracked with guilt at her part in his transformation. His head, mostly skull and gristle, sways side to side on a long neck with vertebrate stretched and connected by muscle and sinew. Skittering on all fours and the collection of rib bones moving like spider-legs to place the half-eaten corpse between him and the group Jaw was relieved that he didn't attack or flee into the darkness.

Handing her shield to an attendant feral she raises her hands and steps forth from the group stopping only when Sweetie recoiled and tensed, pilfered bones the undead used to bolster their stretched out form clicking together in warning, "Caalm yourself, Sweetie. It's onnly me, Jaw. You remember me, donn't you?" she croaks out in a calm voice.

Sweetie's gaze looks from her to Dust standing with Fang and the collection of ferals further back and gurgles angrily, bone spines rising but they held still. Still keeping her hands where he could see them Jaw motions to the Skum, "That musst taste awful. We got fish annd clacker meat," she finally smiles as the undead perks at the mention, "Here, you caan have this," she says and slowly unslings the pack she carried then tossed it towards him.

>cont
>>
>>47688404
He skitters back in fear but creeps closer, talons a foot long and made of sharpened bones reach out to tear open the rat-leather pack spilling the fish, lampreys and clacker meat at the floor before him. He glances at the ghouls, multitude of eyes crammed in too small sockets glaring at them suspiciously before moving to hunker over the offering of food. The articulated ribcage scooping up the bundles of food to gulp them down ravenously as they continued to watch the ghouls.

Sweetie has accepted the offering of food but seems very skittish. What shall you do?

>>47688187
Too much

>>47688309
He borrows parts

Also I will be needed to stop at the end of the hour to sleep but I will be continuing this thread tomorrow once I get off work if the thread is still up
>>
>>47688417
Not really sure what to do. Do we know how Qaza wants to handle this? If she wants him back then lets try and lure him back that way.
>>
>>47688529
Qaza does wish to get him back but she has admitted to feeling unworthy of taking care of him again.

From what you have gathered is that Sweetie's condition leaves him with an immense hunger and pain without the constant intake of meat and bone to replace his deteriorating parts. He seems to prefer Red Rot infected flesh and the four times he's managed to ambush and consume a lone feral he was spotted afterwards acting calmer and possibly even sated until he resumed his aggressive hunting.

Punra really did a number on him.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d100)

>>47688645
We should try and experiment on him and fix him. Maybe get Qaza's help. Not sure how to go about that, though.
>>
>>47688645
Hmm... Is there any way we might be able to grow Red Rot in isolation and create like a pool of it he could live in? Sort of like a liquid form of our Radiant ghouls, I'm not sure it its possible but it might be worth the try. It might enable us to actually infect/convert him.
>>
>>47688682
Tatters and Dusts experiments and communion with the Red Rot bacteria and entity show that Red Rot can only be generated within a mammal body, only surviving a short time outside of the body. Red Rot can be transmitted through bodily fluids like blood and saliva or the consumption of infected meat from a ghoul.

The glow of the Radiant Ghouls, bioluminescent ghouls that have an absurdly high concentration of the Red Rot bacteria within them, can prolong the "shelf-life" of Red Rot infected blood and their own blood can speed up the conversion of a healthy being into an undead Red Throat ghoul.
>>
>>47688776
>>47688417

Hmmm interesting.

Alright, only thing I can think of then

>Attempt to lure back to home and feed sweetie blood drained from our radiants
>>
File: 1439467859724.png (689 KB, 511x988) Image search: [Google]
1439467859724.png
689 KB, 511x988
>>47688823
If this gets support we'll start off it or any other suggest plan that may crop up tomorrow when I resume the quest.

Sorry for the slow speed tonight, I hope to get up to better speed soon. Hope folks are enjoying and hope to see y'all tomorrow.
>>
Rolled 17 (1d100)

>>47688823
I'll back that
>>
>>47688973
Cool, hope anons like it.

And no worries man. Hopefully we get more anons, after bugging you for so long about coming back to this I'd hate for it to not work out. Also sorry for being late, had shit distract me for a while.
>>
File: 1443314023908.png (451 KB, 654x620) Image search: [Google]
1443314023908.png
451 KB, 654x620
>>47689007
Glad you could show. I do plan to return to Death Among the Stars soon and alternate between these, mostly likely monthly.

It felt good to write about the ghouls again and I have plans for the future, big plans.
>>
>>47689040
Thats good to hear. I really like both your quests.
>>
>>47688823
I support this idea because no one else has a idea and with that said this does sound like a good idea.
>>
>>47686942
Wait when did we take over a mansion?
>>
>>47691429
He did, that's why he's here.
>>
>>47691502
don't get sassy with me anon
>>
>>47691429
Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>47691583
nice argument
>>
>>47691583
People still think that's a thing?
>>
I didn't see this many anons complaining in Hive Queen Quest when it returned
>>
We should visit the not TMNT and the mushbros soon
>>
>>47691583
Why DO so many quest makers refuse to use /qst/, anyway? It really looks like someone trying to start a general thread on /v/ because it's too hard to start one on /vg/.
>>
>>47693810
Does it matter? It culled a large portion of the questing population either way
>>
>>47693860
Yes, it does. It defeats the point of making a specialized board if you still have a significant portion of the catalog taken up by quests. I'd say the only effective thing making /qst/ has done is reduce questposting during the week.
>>
>>47693908
/shrug
>>
bump for the Red Rot
>>
>>47693908
>significant
Why can't the antiquester crowd actually count?

At least the majority of anime quests are gone
>>
>>47695153
Yeah this quest is more tg-related than most of the anime quests
>>
>>47693908
Nigger you realize quest is dead right. with decent quests taking a week at minimum and with three threads to accomplish what a single thread here could do. Also there are what two actual quests on the board right now?
>>
>>47695832
While I completely agree with you it is only a weekday afternoon.

But seriously, even before qst was created they couldn't seem to count.
>>
Bumpin till Grave gets back.
>>
>>47689040
Grave come home. Also glad this is back.
>>
>>47698456
Hopefully he'll be back soon.
>>
>>47698424
>>47698456
>>47699478
Very sorry about that folks. I'll be ready to run in about an hour or so if folks are still around

>Attempt to lure back him back home
Roll me 1d100 best of first three
>>
Rolled 86 (1d100)

>>47699518
Yay
>>
Rolled 81 (1d100)

>>47699518
BIG MONEY

Also all good Mate..
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>47699518
>>
>>47699518
Dead jim.
>>
>>47699518
Jaw motions to a feral and it slowly places down its spear and shield to pull the pack from its shoulders and toss it to Jaw. Reaching in she pulls out a long eel and Sweetie's head sways like a serpents as he stares and finishes his meal. Tossing it towards him he recoils slightly before a limb shoots out to snatch the morsel and gulp it down noisily with a grinding of bone and meat while staring at her still.

Grinning Jaw tosses him a pale fish and the undead creeps forward to scoop it up, "Come with uss, you caan eat all the fish annd claacker you like," she says softly as she starts to back up, dropping fish and slices of meat behind her. Dust gets the feral group moving and slowly they begin to make progress.

Sweetie kept his cautious and suspicious attitude but he followed, the lure of freely given meat impossible to resist. Though Dust's guilt began to turn to nervousness with how the mutated undead would stare at her with his clustered eyes as he ate.
>>
>>47701040
Motes of dust swirl in beams of sunlight leaking through the glass above the brewery's main door, the setting sun casting the red carpet in a glowing light. Claw reclines in his chair, booted feet propped up on the counter as he flips through a book. Wearing the skin of a long-slain homeless hobgoblin the skinwalker glances up as Fear steps from the door leading to the brewery proper where the orcs Irnak and Gorgrenka tended to the mushroom beers with the help of imprinted ferals.

Claw points to a passage in the book despite Fear being unable to see it from his angle, "Did ye know that this book says that humans, hobgoblins, and goblins are all cousins in the goblinoid group? An' that orcs and ogres are related?"

Fear squints at the skinwalker as if he wasn't getting the joke, his glass eye glinting, "I'm the one that gave you that book," he waves a hand dismissively as Claw shrugs and closes the book, "Anyways, did the couriers ever come for the shipments?"

The hobgoblin snorts and tosses the book to the table and stands, motioning to several crates and kegs sitting to the side, "Only a few came for the beer, the Copper Hammer Inn and that one noble hob's men. Chitin's still here though," he kicks the side of a crate full of clacker and centipede chitin for their 'business partner' a human chitinsmith, "Those that did come said the streets are pretty barren lately. Folks stayin' inside even during the day except to go to market. Another reason I say we need a stall there," he brings up for the fourteenth time making the other skinwalker grunt.
>>
>>47701055
Leaning on his cane Fear looks over the delayed shipment, debating finding a carriage to deliver it himself despite the waning daylight. His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden shriek from outside, the pair of ghouls turning to the door with hands on the hilts of their weapons. The scream was followed by a series of shouting then further screams, this time with the voices of several men and women. The ghouls look at each other silently.

>Investigate
>Ignore it and barricade the brewery
>Other
>>
>>47701078
>Investigate
>>
>>47701078
>Investigate
>>
>>47701078
>>Investigate
>>
>>47701078
Irnak appears in the doorway, her blacksmiths hammer grasped tight and she looks to the ghouls with wide eyes, "You heard it too? Is-is it them?" she asks nervously, fear clear on her face as Fear walks with a slight limp to the door.

Giving his cane a quick twist to loosen the handle he glances to the orc as Claw pulls his long coat with the hidden chitin plates over his street cloths, "We'll find out. Barricade the shop and head to the Sepulcher, let Fist know," he says quickly before ducking out the door with his wide-brimmed hat.

Claw waves to her as he slips out onto the street, the door closing behind with the sound of several latches locking and a bar sliding home to seal it. The brewery sat on a street filled with mostly abandoned businesses and warehouses, many of them home to the homeless or looted by the Ghouls in the dead of night. The street thugs that Fear had hired long ago to keep watch were no where to be seen, likely run off by the screams.

Fingers tapping the flat head of the axe slipped through a loop of his belt Claw peers around the street growing darker as the sun dipped further past the spires and peaks of the city, "Where do ye think..." he trails off as another scream, this one full of pain and terror ringing out, "Nevermind," he grumbles as the pair hurry briskly across the street towards where the Business and Market districts met at a junction of canals.

Roll me 1d100 best of first three to find the source
>>
Rolled 3 (1d100)

>>47701408
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>47701408
>>
Rolled 78 (1d100)

>>47701408
>>
Rolled 18 (1d100)

>>47701408
Ayy
>>
File: RipperGhoul.jpg (95 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
RipperGhoul.jpg
95 KB, 600x400
>>47701408
Ducking into the alley across the street they head deep into the twisting path as the screams turn to whimpers and pleas for help. Both Ghouls scale up the side of a building, talons slipping from their fingertips to dig into brick and mortar and haul themselves up rapidly until they emerge on the rooftops startling a flock of pigeons to flight. A winged lizard hisses at them in annoyance at it's ruined meal, leaping into the air and flapping away like a scaled bat.

Fear did not like how close the scream were to the brewery but he focuses on tracking the suddenly silenced sounds. Sniffing at the air they could smell fresh blood already as they rushed across sloping rooftops and hopped between them. The buildings grew taller and the alleys deeper and darker until finally Fear thrusts a hand out, Claw coming to a halt beside him as they looked down into a back alley.

They could see the trail of blood smeared from the street into the passage and the carnage below. Hunkered over a pile of body parts that might've been humans at one point were a trio of Ripper ghouls, the hunched undead gnawing and tearing flesh from bone in a feast of gnashing fangs. The torn armor and weapons of Guardmilitia litter the ground around them.

Claw grunts softly and juts his chin forward, pointing out another pair of Rippers clambering along a distant rooftop, each with a pair of victims, either dead or unconscious, tucked under their arms or slung over shoulders.

What shall they do?
>Pursue and rescue the victims
>Attack the feasting Rippers
>Follow the two Rippers stealthily
>Other

(Captcha thinks a dead tree with graffiti counts as street signs)
>>
>>47701971

Captcha is always drunk anymore.
>>
File: sadhobbit.jpg (88 KB, 1018x525) Image search: [Google]
sadhobbit.jpg
88 KB, 1018x525
>>47701991
>>
>>47701971
>Pursue and rescue the victims
>>
>>47701971
>>
>>47701971
>>Follow the two Rippers stealthily
>>
>>47701971
>>Follow the two Rippers stealthily
>>
>>47701971
Roll me 1d100 best of first three
>>
Rolled 2 (1d100)

>>47702227
>>
Rolled 70 (1d100)

>>47702227
>>
Rolled 20 (1d100)

>>47702227
>>
>>47702227
Backing away from the edge they leave the Rippers to their gruesome meal. Claw hoping that Irnak and Gorgrenka sealed the brewery and were safe in the tunnels with the tribe as they started to follow the pair across the skyline of the city. It was surprisingly hard to keep up with undead, their bodies seemingly adapted to unlife among the steep and often slippery rooftops, their dexterous clawed feet gripping shingles and stone as they hopped along.

Birds and winged lizards fled from the rippers, their panicked flights helping the two skinwalkers track their quarry. The undead made their way across the business district, hopping from rooftop to rooftop. It surprises the ghouls to watch them take a running leap across a narrow street as the sun disappeared in the distance, forcing the two to dash and cross using a covered walkway that connected buildings further down the street.

They almost lost them, Claw cursing under his breath as they scanned the rooftops until a sound like metal screeching against stone startled them both followed by the sounds of snarling and snapping. They frown at each other then dash across the rooftops.

Laying flat against a sloped roof they peer over the top where the pair of Rippers were under attack by a strange group. Cornered on a landing of an old housing building the Rippers snarl and slash at the flying creatures harassing them when they dart by clawing with their own vicious talons. The four victims left piled at their feet as they defended themselves.
>>
File: HARPIE_002.jpg (731 KB, 839x1030) Image search: [Google]
HARPIE_002.jpg
731 KB, 839x1030
>>47702758
Fear could recognize a trio of harpies, avian creatures with cruel beaks and talons, their faces resembling twisted humans with baleful eyes as they flapped about with black wings. The other creatures that flew with them were unknown to them both, goblin sized humanoids with great wings like a bat but their faces and skin rough and gray like stone that twist with rage as they let out their metal on stone screeches, pelting the Rippers with stone and broken shingles.

The two ghouls duck back down and Claw looks to Fear with a questioning look, "Ever see those little things before?"

Fear shakes his head, "No. They don't seem to like the Rippers any more than we do though," he says softly.

The hobgoblin skinwalker peeks over the edge and snorts a short laugh, "They don't look like they would like much of anyone, y'know?"

The human ghoul rolls his one good eye and twists the handle of his cane to free the blade within but he didn't draw it just yet.

How shall they deal with this new situation?
>(Write-in)
>>
>>47702773
>Assist and attack the Rippers
>Continue to watch
>Fall back and return home
>Other
>>
>>47703013
>>
>>47703013
I was about to write something like that.
>>
>>47703013

We can only hope this doesn't become a three-way melee in the confusion. Attacking them is good proof that we have a mutual enemy, but it could go sideways too.
>>
>>47703013
Roll me 3d100 best of first three
>>
Rolled 30, 70, 84 = 184 (3d100)

>>47703215
>>
Rolled 89, 22, 76 = 187 (3d100)

>>47703215
>>
Rolled 89, 34, 94 = 217 (3d100)

>>47703215
>>
Rolled 3, 4, 91 = 98 (3d100)

>>47703215
OH GOD WHATS THIS.
>>
>>47703424
>>47703392
>>47703247
>89,70,94
Daaang, not bad
>>
File: 59855.jpg (12 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
59855.jpg
12 KB, 600x327
>>47703215
Realizing that tracking them back to their lair was not going to happen with the Rippers under attack the two Skinwalkers split up and make their way closer to the conflict. There was a glint of metal and a whistling before the Rippers snarled out in pain as fang shuriken flew through the air and embedded themselves in the undead. Taught by the orcs how to make the weapons of metal and bone the Skinwalkers send several more of the sharp weapons at the divergent ghouls.

This distraction allowed the flying creatures to swoop in and claw at the large undead with talons that come away bloodied. A Ripper lashes out and swats one of the short flying creatures out of the air with an almost comical squeak as it smacks against the side of the building then falls to the group far below. A harpy screeches and dives, digging their claws into the back of a ghoul and tried to toss it from the roof only for the Ripper to twist around and grab it by the ankle and swing the avian mutant into the ground with a crunch of hollow bones breaking.

The Rippers glower at the flying creatures as they sudden flap furiously to clear the area and the monstrous undead barely turn at the sound of running footsteps on tile shingles before the two Red Throat were upon them. Fear's canesword darts through the night air, the crescent moon rising to illuminate the splash of blood it left behind as he thrust repeatedly at the ghouls face and neck making it recoil and flail in confusion and pain.
>>
>>47703915
Claw lunges at the other Ripper, his axe in one hand and his shortsword in the other. Stabbing through the palm of the Rippers much larger hand with the sword only to swear as the hand closes tight around his fist and the hilt of the blade, the undead bellowing in rage and pain. Rearing back their other hand they yank Claw forward but his axe swings against the ghouls knee and lodges into the thigh just above the joint making it buckle with a pained yelp.

Kicking at the ghouls chest he yanks his sword and axe free, snarling as he pressed the attack against the injured undead. Dodging a swipe that leaves furrows in his coat as it tried to disembowel him he brings his axe down on the ghouls collarbone where the neck met chest, blood bubbling up from between the Rippers rows of teeth. In a single motion he sheaths the sword at his lowerback and the serrated blade of his ritual bone-knife slips from the skin in his wrist, profane runes pulsing as he thrust the Skinwalker blade into an eye then through the socket with a twist and sickening crunch. The Ripper ghoul twitches as Claw pulls his weapons free and gives the body a kick to send it sprawling.

He turns, panting and grinning to look at Fear only to scowl. Fear was sitting on the corpse of his own opponent wiping the blood from his sword on the ragged leathers the strange ghoul wore for armor. Its throat was slashed and stomach spilling its contents onto the rooftop. Fear looks up with a slight smirk to regard Claws opponent, "They almost got you when they grabbed your blade. Be more careful next time," he admonishes with his dry humor.
>>
File: gargoyle.jpg (227 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle.jpg
227 KB, 800x582
>>47703932
The hobgoblin wipes the blood from his axe, the bone knife already drinking the corrupted blood of the ghoul before it slips into his forearm once more, drawn in by the ropes of sinew Dust had used to fleshgraft the weapon to him, "Yeah, well, ye can go kiss Grubbi," he grumbles without real spite and nods to the flock of strange creatures that perched on the rooftops around them, staring silently. The stone-skinned creatures sitting unnaturally still and almost lost in the darkness if not for their bright yellow eyes, "They don't look very happy 'bout our help, do they?"

Fear squints at the harpies and their strange companions as he stands then looks down to the unconscious victims. A pair of humans and hobgoblins, each sporting a large bite wound from the Rippers, surely infected.

Victory!
>Slain two Rippers
>Rescued four Ripper infected victims
>>
File: Red Queen.jpg (161 KB, 535x810) Image search: [Google]
Red Queen.jpg
161 KB, 535x810
And with that I must wrap it up here for the night.

Hope folks had fun despite the slow speed, hope to get faster as I work off the rust. Thread has been archived, please vote for it if you can.

Next thread should be Saturday if all goes well and I plan to start running on Wednesdays as well, hope to you all there.

I'll be up for a bit longer if anyone has questions
>>
>>47703948
Hmm, this is an interesting quandary. Maybe if we infected them with our strain it could overtake the ripper strain. We could have our radiant ghouls give them bellyrubs to even the odds in our favor.
>>
>>47704025
What did the Rippers roll
>>
>>47704025
Thanks for running Graves, nice to see our skinwalkers in action.
>>
>>47704055
Not well
>>
>>47704083
Really because they put up a good fight for being out numbered.
>>
>>47704034
That's our best chance. If they become full Rippers they're nothing more than experiment fodder.
>>
>>47704025
There still goblins in the sewers right because I like to make peace with them but will that make Grubbilechs mad.
>>
File: 1441568101193.jpg (77 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
1441568101193.jpg
77 KB, 720x539
>>47704258
There are and they've been forming larger and larger groups and tribes, with at least one numbering in the hundreds. THey were getting attacked by Ghouls, Homonculi, Siluro, and other assorted mutants. Their negligence is actually adversely affecting much of the sewers and upper utility tunnels as they flood and fill with gases but the Goblins are too fearful to work and the largest tribe has started killing any slavedriver that attempts to motivate them
>>
File: 1459653842432.jpg (35 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1459653842432.jpg
35 KB, 500x370
Just want to say again how much I enjoyed running again and returning to the Ghouls.

To my old players of the original ghoul civ/quest, welcome back. To the new players and those that followed from DASQ, welcome and I hope you enjoy this.
>>
>>47704243
Hey, there's an idea. If they do go full ripper but we succeed in establishing mental control over them, we could use them as test beds for punra mutations. We've never really explored what we could do in that area, but could imagine a ghoul with Siluro Alpha tendrils grafted onto it?
>>
File: 1346.jpg (101 KB, 540x567) Image search: [Google]
1346.jpg
101 KB, 540x567
>>47704402
>>
>>47704326
>>47704258
The time may be ripe for an outreach from the underground alliance.

It would be good to get them back to maintaining the tunnels, and I'm sure we'd be happy to cease preying on them, even offer them some degree of protection from others.

I forget whether people-flesh is strictly necessary or just super tasty and nutritious, but we can find a way to live without eating goblins right?
>>
>>47704600
I think ghouls can survive off fish alone, it makes up most of their diet right now. I think that ghouls can survive off the breadshroom stuff but they don't like it?

Maybe we can offer a "retirement and health insurance plan*" to the goblins

*They get injured or sick and they get reborn as red throat
>>
>>47704600
I don't know if forming peaceful relationships with one of our principle sources of 'recruits' is a wise long term idea. I can't seriously think how we can convince living people to become ghouls on their own free will, and the numbers of people to sick or crippled to recover will never be enough to sustain us.
>>
>>47704784
I'm just worried about the long term effects of no one maintaining the pipes
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.