[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Space Pirate Quest XXIX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
Welcome back, Kestrels, to the twenty-ninth installment of Mecha Space Pirate Quest. As always, you are Admiral Roarke Susan Starwind, whose only known alias in the UJCIDF Bounty Computer system is "Dude McCool", leader of the Iron Kestrels pirate fleet, master of the starship Rhinehawk, and pilot of the Knuckle Kaiser.

Previous Threads: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Mecha+Space+Pirate+Quest%2C+Collective+Game%2C+mecha
Master Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/sSHs0QmF
Upgrade Menu: http://pastebin.com/QQQzkFZe
List of Moves: http://pastebin.com/HSdyCe2y
Rogues' Gallery: http://pastebin.com/E9ZcDLfG

Last time, you made plans, and this time you're going to carry them out.
>>
File: 1460100422505.jpg (462 KB, 3037x2143) Image search: [Google]
1460100422505.jpg
462 KB, 3037x2143
It doesn't take long to explain your plans to the crew, leave Karen and Avi in charge to keep order, and let the Colonel know you'll be back shortly to sign the prisoner exchange. The day spent waiting in idle space aboard Red Siren's transport ship isn't as much fun as a day on a luxury vessel with Red Siren should be. You're used to the sturdy Rhinehawk, and while the former Heart of the Sunshine has been upgraded substantially more towards light cruiser grade than the passenger ship it began its career as it's still lighter than what you've grown accustomed to. It's also a little disconcerting how many of her crew and pilots are young, peppy, and have pink hair in imitation of her. Oda would probably have some word for it. You're also used to ships that are functional but comfortable, not luxuriously appointed with crimson rugs and wood interior surfaces. Even her sculpted neo-modern bridge reminds you of the interior of an ancient muscle car. She does her best to keep you entertained, but as Captain she has duties of her own to tend to.

Soon, though, you're able to gate again to the coordinates Clemmy sent you with her message, and you bring the scarlet ship in close to the filthy den of that breed of scavvies and junk dealers that pirates and the UJCIDF alike view with a wary eye. Griggspont itself is a far cry from clean, prosperous California Station or ornate Auditorium, it's a dirty, dusty tube of metal floating in space like a discarded beer can, and only the solar panels seem to receive much maintenance. Despite that, there is an awful lot of traffic. Although you obey the unspoken rule that even most individuals on the other side of the law abide by, that you gate at least a certain distance from the colony itself, you still see disreputable little trawlers and mech-haulers scatter away from your pirate ship as you exit the gate. They keep a wary distance from your Martian-pattern vessel and its beam batteries, but don't get out of eyeshot.

[Continued]
>>
File: 1464726822817.jpg (110 KB, 550x251) Image search: [Google]
1464726822817.jpg
110 KB, 550x251
Red Siren gets off the comms and interrupts you from gazing out the viewscreen into space, “I just got done talking with docking authority. They say that the ship bays are full and we'll have to moor outside, but we can use the mech bays if we want to go in. Oh, and they can't tell us where the Pure Pure Puru...isn't that a tonguetwister of a name, yuck...is berthed because of privacy concerns, which means they want money to tell us. I think we could find out easily enough on the colony itself, though. We'll just bring some muscle along. How about two squads of my best in Harpies, to form a landing party along with you and me? That way, if something goes wrong, we can at least get word to the ship. The rest can stay here to guard the ship against any mischief, and get word to us if there's a problem.”

You nod and look her over. She poses. Her red-and-cream pilot suit is surprisingly plain, but you're already in your stark white one too and it's even more plain. With a coy glance at you she turns and walks for the mech bay, and despite her smugness you still can't help watching the way the suit accents her figure.

[Continued]
>>
File: Knuckle Kaiser.png (454 KB, 800x1100) Image search: [Google]
Knuckle Kaiser.png
454 KB, 800x1100
Inside the bay, the Knuckle Kaiser looms like a gleaming black and white beast in a bay originally configured for shorter mecha. It even hulks over the Archen standing nearby. The Archen, by contrast, resembles almost an elaborate scarlet doll. Its legs are long and slender, with feet that resemble a woman's high-heeled boots. A long, articulated skirt with a powerful thruster assembly beneath sways flexibly around its waist. It has a wide hip assembly, supporting four large thruster matrices arranged like a bow at the small of its back. Its chest armor is overly heavy and slightly blocky and extruding in the bosom area. A mane of brilliantly pink nanofiber hair as strong and hard to grasp as the cable of your magnetic grappling harpoon hangs around its shoulders and behind its rounded head. Its face is a heart-shaped pink sensor mask that can project Red Siren's features onto its surface. It's not as big as your mech, but you know it's supposed to handle as easily as a Bluegill or Pumpkinseed despite being the size of a Warmouth or Morgan II.

[Continued]
>>
File: 1460256897013.gif (100 KB, 252x189) Image search: [Google]
1460256897013.gif
100 KB, 252x189
“Ready, darling~?” Red Siren grins at you as she rides the liftwire up, “I'll head out first, race you there!” She waves, and soon enough is zipping out through the catapult and into space, followed by the first squad of Harpies. Just then, you get a comms message. A girl, one of the technicians, distractedly brushes long pink hair out of her eyes as she apologetically tries to avoid looking at you, “U-um, Sir? Mister Admiral, you can't launch yet. There's a problem with the docking release clamps.”

“What's wrong with them?” You ask, managing to be remarkably patient as the second squad of Harpies begins disembarking.

The girl stammers, “Your mech is too big! When it was berthed, the clamps had to grip onto the shields, and to do that they had to be open all the way. So, um, it got wedged like that. We can't open them wider to release the shields...b-but if you give us some time we can take the clamps apart and get you going. Please don't be angry!” She stands up and bows very deeply.

>[What say?]
>>
Meanwhile, remember that the look of the new Rhinehawk when it's updated remains up to you. Post favorites, or pick one of the ships that I'll be posting here and there.
>>
>>47615349
It's fine. As is, get the thing ready though. We'll probably need it soon enough. As is, guess we'll be riding Red Siren's lap on the archen.

Side note, still working on Moe's mech. Doing fine tuning, and verniers are a bitch to deal with. Might just go conventional since it's frame is pretty light.
>>
>>47615167
What are the chances that someone is plotting against us? Seperating us from our mech would make a great opening to try and kill us.
>>
>>47615490

Red Siren has already launched.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (144 KB, 800x584) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
144 KB, 800x584
Bumping with starships. Slow night tonight, isn't it?
>>
>>47615167
GLORY BE TO WONG. Hey Wong, got a question. How is CP gained? I mean, I get that it comes from salvaged enemies and all, but how do you determine how much CP?

Oh... also, my DM is a massive science nerd, and wants to know if this setting has colonies moored at the lagrange points, and if so, did they bother slapping them down 'in the boonies, like L3'.
>>
>>47615668
>>47615349
Herp. Forgot to actually respond. Can the shields just be removed? I somehow doubt we will need them for this short little jaunt. If not, let Siren know we will be held up just a bit while it is handled.
>>
>>47615668

Normally the equation for CP is the surviving total kills of the enemy mech divided by 4. However, for now, it's all just building towards a mid-season upgrade I statted late last night.

As for the lagrange points, yes, among other places. I'm not as up on the science of colonies as I should be.

>>47615697

It would take about as long as taking the clamps apart.
>>
>>47615650
Got caught between a few things doing some rush jobs, so I am a bit slow.
>>47615621
Then I guess if one shield can be removed we'd likely have enough room to leave. Otherwise we may just have to stick with a harpy or something until the kaiser is freed up.
>>
>>47615650
Its honestly been pretty slow the last couple of threads
>>
File: Red Siren 2.jpg (674 KB, 889x1000) Image search: [Google]
Red Siren 2.jpg
674 KB, 889x1000
"It's fine. Just get it ready and hurry as much as you can." You smile encouragingly and she nods and cuts vidcomms. You sigh, lean back in your cockpit's chair, and use the comms to contact Red Siren.

"There's a problem with the docking clamps, I'll be there in a few minutes."

Her answering voice is quite smug, "So you're saying I'm the winner? Hooray! I'll go down to the colony and start searching. Do try not to keep me waiting, ohohoho~" With a peal of throaty laughter, she cuts the comms and leaves you to stew and wait.

...So for the time being, you get to be someone else.

[Continued]
>>
>>47615868

I wonder if it's something I said.
>>
>>47615951
The only thing I can really see it being is when the people were either talking about the Scrying
>>
File: Clemmy patient.jpg (565 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy patient.jpg
565 KB, 1920x1080
You are no longer, for the moment, Roarke Starwind. Your name is Alice Clementine Farragut, nicknamed 'the Butcher', and you are a bloodstained legend of the extrasolar division of the UJCIDF. More importantly, you are a pure maiden in love. Just a good, sweet girl with a husband she wants to see. Your foot in its spotless white boot taps against the hull of the ship like the ringing of a dainty little hammer. You've already met Captain Ashta and made it clear what would happen if he didn't wait for your darling to arrive, and met the Clancies although you haven't had time for a full conversation.

“I have to get off this ship now.” You announce to no one in particular. The crew have been trying to avoid your eye ever since you threatened to make one of the scavvies a little uglier with your knife if he used nasty no-no words like that in front of little Athena again. You can't stand sitting around, and since the ship is berthed in a bay you can't even see space or keep watch for your darling's black-and-white ship. “Right now.” Your heart beats faster as you think about finally seeing him again. You've waited so long!

[Continued]
>>
>>47615951
Hey just got here, glad I could catch this one. On the subject of things said is it possible you uttered the most horrid of words (as shrubbers would know)?
>Ni Ni Ni Ni Ni.
>>
>>47615951
I lurk a lot, which is my bad. Query, are there out of system colonies? What's up with that sort of stuff?
>>
>>47615951
Probably not. The time of the quests is off peak, so numbers are going to be low naturally. Not a big issue, they'll come when they'll come.
>>
File: judau.jpg (28 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
judau.jpg
28 KB, 349x400
You had to throw such a fit in front of Fairy for this to work, you're almost embarrassed. Sure, she hasn't been as friendly to you recently as she usually is, but that's okay! You're a good friend, you understand sometimes people are like that, and that she's just under a lot of stress. Of course, she didn't know you were working with Cassius, so when you ranted and raved and started breaking things at the insult of the fact that you'd been chloroformed, had your ID keycard taken, and then had two prisoners AND an impounded junk scow accused of trading with pirates escape while you were snoring and demanded over and over again that you should be the one to hunt them down...she gave in with a frankly surprising lack of resistance. You know she was angry too, because she used the phrase 'dead or alive' a lot and pounded her fist on her desk. You're sure she didn't mean it, Fairy has always been so dramatic! You took your lovely S-Flowerhorn and hopped a ship to get here, alone. It took you all of a few minutes to find the Pure Pure Puru, and several hours to convince the prisoners and Captain Ashta that you're a friend. Despite that, you've stuck around the mech bay, you don't like the way the Captain is looking at your mech and expect he'll sell it if you turn your back to it for a moment.

[Continued]
>>
File: launch!.jpg (29 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
launch!.jpg
29 KB, 400x278
“You! Get me ready to launch, I want to go see the stars for a bit!” You point at a random technician, who nods jerkily. The crew is certainly eager to help you leave, which is very sweet of them! You know you almost burned a hole in their hull earlier, but that was a misunderstanding and their own fault for firing the CIWS turrets at you. You wave at them with one of the S-Flowerhorn's delicately clawed fingertips as you hop onto the catapult and zip out into the bay. If you were paranoid, you'd almost think that they used the catapult closest to the wall on purpose hoping you'd get splattered, but you're waaaaaay too good at piloting for that! You bounce off the wall, and do a cute little corkscrew pirouette before zipping out into space.

[Continued]
>>
File: img-thing[1].jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing[1].jpg
18 KB, 300x300
You love your mech. You really do. You love, most of all, that it's the proof that you've been bound to the one you love by fate itself. You've always favored Bucephalus mecha, even if you always end up fine-tuning them for melee, and you think it's just awesome that your Thoroughbred-MP frame is supposedly cursed. It was big and blocky when it was first taken out of storage, but it's been heavily worked on and modernized. The armor of its narrow stomach and ribcage is heavily articulated, with wavy patterns of black and gold, leading up to a deep chest. It was missing its limbs when you first got it, but the replacements are even sturdier. They're long, giving the Flowerhorn a more slender look, but with powerful pistons and high-budget construction. The feet resemble slightly elevated, cloven hooves, dainty and nimble atop their multitude of automatic thrusters, while the hands have decorative claws. The black and yellow coloring reminds most people of a wasp, but you've always thought of it as a giant metal soldier. The high, black bulge above the yellow head reminds you a lot of a cossack's cap you once saw in a book, after all. Originally, the Thoroughbred-MP had a Y-shaped sensor mask, but you've customized yours. It's now a big, thick, U shape, like a huge eyless smile in white.

You launch one of your magnetic grappling harpoons and catch the edge of the bay door, swinging you around and firing your thrusters to compensate and travel parallel to the colony's hull. Which is very nearly a problem, as you nearly cannonball into a pair of little red Harpies dumb enough to cross your path. You don't like Harpies much, and right now you have a particular grudge against red ones.

"Scuze me~" You hail them, grabbing the nearest one and shoving it right into the other. They get tangled but manage to avoid being damaged as they extricate themselves.

[Continued]
>>
>>47616165
Ah shit, she basically has knuckle kaiser mobility addition. Likely lighter, but that harpoon-kun probably has some ks to it compared to our grapple-chan.
>>
>>47616244
What if harpoon-kun and grapple-chan gets tangled mid fight...
>>
>>47615951
i'm just too busy/tired to do something else other than lurk on the weekday threads. sorry wong
>>
>>47616343
..that'd be incest since they are clearly siblings. That or you end up with a third line in there somehow.
>>
>>47615951
I know you don't like it but a twitter might help
>>
>>47616165
>Thoroughbred-MP frame

Oh. Oh dear.
>>
>>47616165
Well then
>>
File: Clemmy smiling cutely.jpg (48 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy smiling cutely.jpg
48 KB, 1280x720
"Watch it, you bitch!" The girl in the lead Harpy points at you. You don't like being called bitch by her, and you don't like being pointed at, either.

The second Harpy makes the mistake of chiming in, "Yeah, don't you know who we work for? Mess with us and you're messing with Red Siren!"

You snort at the idea of being threatened by some puffed-up dancer and idol. The sound is funny to you, and you start laughing, and once you start you can't stop, "Wahahahahaha! O-oh no, please, not S-Pop! My o-o-one weakness, oh nooooo~" You giggle at the thought of being sung angrily at. Then a thought strikes you, "Eh, wait. My darling is on Auditorium. Hey, you two, I'll let you go if you tell me where Roarke is."

"Let us go!? Wait, you're looking for the Admiral?" The tone of the girl's voice changes abruptly as the lights of a freighter passing overhead illuminate the flag of Jove and SOUL insignia on one of your pauldrons. "Oh hell, this is a trap!"

"Red Siren would kill us if some military bitch arrested her boyfriend." The other chimes in unnecessarily as they shift into humanoid form and bare the axe-like claw they each have replacing their right hand.

"Ehhhhh!? You really want to do this? You want to die?" You indulge them just a little, condescending to activate one of your beam sabers. The hilts of yours are unusually ornate, with a smaller projector that arcs over the knuckles and produces a glittering dome of plasma that protects your hand. The blade itself is long and needle-like, glowing a bright lemony yellow. More importantly, though, they just referred to your Roarkey as Red Siren's boyfriend. That won't do. That won't do at all.

"I've already c-called for backup, they'll be here any minute. Eject your cockpit and surrender and w-we'll be merciful." One of the Harpies says, you're not sure which. You can feel that old, reckless fire running through your muscles, your hands twitching on the controls.

[Continued]
>>
Shit, for some reason I thought the thread was going to be tomorrow.

Posting the Mohammed I randomly statted up as as a two-stage boss fight while I get caught up: http://pastebin.com/P7FgT4r8
>>
>>47616484
not bad. Looking at my mated weapon design, considering it uses only one set of kills, it makes me wonder if it'd be just that to determine weight. If so, I likely just saved a lot in weight efficiency.
>>
File: Cover-23[1].jpg (327 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Cover-23[1].jpg
327 KB, 500x500
"Y-you're outnumbered and there's nowhere to run." Promises the other, leveling a cute little cannon at you.

You lick your lips. You'll show him. You'll show him. You'll show him that you're the best girl. The strongest girl. You'll break these little bugs with just a fraction of your power. You'll crush them. You'll rip them. You'll pull them apart. You'll break them and show your beloved husband how much stronger he could be with SOUL than with his scruffy friends. You're going to do it. You can practically feel it, he's so close. You want him, you need him. You're GOING TO GET HIM!

After all, it's just nature, right? He's the same kind of creature that you are, you've seen it in his eyes and the way he fights. He's not like most people, the ones who are afraid of you or look at you like a tiger prowling loose on the streets...he's a beast too. Like anyone encountering the one they're destined to mate with, of course you're going to be protective of him! It's perfectly normal!

"E-e-eject your cockpit or I'm shooting!" The Harpy promises again.

You shrug, "That's fine, that's fine~ Go ahead if it makes you feel better~ It doesn't matter how many of you there are, a million maggots are still just maggots. You won't stand in the way of my love."

The cannons fire, both of them shooting twice. You don't bother dodging. You don't even bother activating the systems that replaced the Flowerhorn's original old-fashioned arm shield. The rounds sprang uselessly off your armor, a pattern of hexagonal impact-dispersing plates briefly visible on the gold-and-black stripes of your mech before they fade away.

>Armor: Officer's Light Heavy (7 SP, 10.5 CP, 3.5 tons) on all locations, does not ablate from damage caused by attacks dealing less than 4 Kills

>[Feed me unmodified 1d10s, Clemmy has 18 in Pilot, 18 in Melee, and 16 in Fight.]
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>47616721
>>
>>47616721
here you go then. This is going to be one hell of a experience.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>47616721
Best girl!
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>47616484
Oh that reminds me. I was hoping for a little feedback on the mech I built for the game I will be playing in based on this quest.

Paladin S(ilver) is the starting mech here.
http://pastebin.com/uDTRday4

Paladin G(old) is a straight upgrade.
http://pastebin.com/x7Ey0a88

The Paladin O(mega) will have a bit pair of Wings for a ton more thrusters, be Super Heavy in the frame and armor, and have a big reactive shield built into it. ...if I could figure out reactive shields. The cheatsheet excel mech builder I a using refuses to calculate cost or space for Reactive Shields.

>>47616721
Plsnokill, Clemmy.
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>47616721
Man, Beta armor really trivializes mook fights.

>>47616670
There's nothing to indicate the components for both mated weapons don't still exist physically and discretely. I'd assume you still total and half the kills for both, as you would separate weapons systems.

So, if you're talking about the Zulfiqar from yesterday, you'd have both a 6-Kill sword and a 5-Kill gun for a total of 5.5 tons per mated system.
>>
>>47616743
>>47616761
>>47616766

Clemmy is a beast
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>47616758
if I can do it right. Get it together anon!

>>47616768
I originally thought that, but when looking at the rulles, it always said use the kills of the weakest weapon. These are energy weapons so their kills(and thus weight) are halved. If I only need to worry about one, then the weight would drop dramatically.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>47616721
Red's gonna need some more backup dancers after this.
>>
File: Oh boy!.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
Oh boy!.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>47616721
>You'll show him that you're the best girl
>>
Rolled 8, 8 = 16 (2d10)

>>47616743
>>47616761

25 and 24 versus these two rolls. Both are at +13, A-Class crew in Harpy Customs (a Harpy Custom is kind of a misleading term for it, it's basically a Bluegill-sized chassis with wings that can turn into a jet like a normal Harpy).
>>
>>47616809
No, it says that when the mated system takes damage, both component systems take the damage individually; and that, when one system is destroyed, both are. Hence, a mated system is only as strong as its weakest component.

>>47616766
You really need some ranged countermeasures beyond simply being fast (especially since you're not even that fast). Not all fights can be solved with pure close-range melee.

Also, I imagine that if you're at the tech level where Gamma armor is available, you'll want to have some means of penetrating the theoretical 15 SP Reactive Shield that might eventually come up.
>>
>>47616927
I should probably bump down to Beta instead of Gamma. It IS the MSPQ setting, after all. And I'm trying to figure out some sort of way to get a ranged option, without negating 'this is a high speed melee mech'. Sorta like Knuckle Kaiser is a FIST mech, the Paladin is a TONK and SWORD mech.
>>
Rolled 2, 5 = 7 (2d10)

>>47616766
>>47616768

Again, +13
>>
Having Wings makes you more tanky, by sheer fact that you have more locations to hit, right?
>>
>>47616927
Reading it over and looking at the side panel it says if one is destroyed the other is destroyed but not about it being individual damage for each. It also says to take the value of kills of the weaker weapon. Weight is directly corallated with kills, so when you fuse a weapon together, the weight efficiency makes sense along with space. Mind you, combining a physical weapon with a energy weapon screams bad idea since the draw for physical weapons are their cost and durability. Wong's discretion at the end since the rules are vague about that.
>>
>>47616966
Throwing swords! Throwing shields! RCS-controlled sword drones! Entangling weapons! Sword beams! Throwing Entangling weapons!

...Returning Entangling weapons? How would those even work, mechanically?

The point is, you ideally shouldn't limit yourself always having to face enemies in range 0. Even the Exia mounted token vulcans, and even Roarke has Grapple-chan.
>>
One more d10 please. I'm very happy that Clemmy actually had to parry, I like her preferred weapons a lot and enjoy the chance to show them off.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>47617102
here ya go
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>47617102
>>
>>47617064

Yes...sort of. Against a gun, it definitely does. However, against a mech that can aim at any servo it wants through being based on melee, like the Knuckle Kaiser or King Swordfish, it doesn't help.
>>
Rolled 8, 3 = 11 (2d10)

>>47616826
>>47617121

Versus +13
>>
Now is finally the time to find out the most important question, What type of music does Clemmy like?
>>
>>47617076
I can't find any point where the manual says to 'take the value of kills of the weaker weapon'. The only statements relating to kills or damage are:
>If one weapon takes damage, the other weapon takes the same damage—if one is destroyed, so is the other.
>if one weapon is lost, so is the other, and the package is only as tough as its weaker component.
and, from the sidebar:
>The Rapier normally carries an assault rifle (9 Spaces, 5 Kills), but the Gun Rapier variant has a grenade launcher Mated to the assault rifle (the grenade launcher takes 8 Spaces and has has 7 Kills). [...] a hit of 5 Kills to either weapon will destroy both.
>>
File: ship1.jpg (92 KB, 1579x506) Image search: [Google]
ship1.jpg
92 KB, 1579x506
>>47617187
Interesting, also do you like this ship?
>>
>>47617199
I too, wish to know what the Butcher sings in the shower
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

Almost forgot a roll
>>
>>47617372
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF4RCOcz9ow
>>
>>47617471
oddly enough, only in her mech she can match tiny tim's notes
>>
>>47617471
yes, perfect
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (683 KB, 1280x1436) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
683 KB, 1280x1436
You sigh, realizing that it just wouldn't be smart to kill them. They have information, and Red Siren probably has Roarke, so if you start things off that way it won't be productive in the long run.

Oh well. This won't take much effort anyway. Even just using one sword.

>[Handheld] Variable Beam Rapier x 2 (stats show an individual sword): WA+3, 10K (only 2K of structure), EMW (treats SP as 4 less than usual), Variable (can be converted back and forth as a free action between its sword form and a beam shield form with 8SP and DA 0), 44 CP, 8 Spaces, 1 ton

These Harpies are bigger ones, about the size of a Bluegill in humanoid form. That doesn't bother you at all. Unlike your awful subordinate, you don't see enemies like this as something to brag about beating. It's just work, like chopping firewood. You check your sensors and make sure that, yes, the lifesigns are in the head and not the torso before you turn and fire your left arm's grappling harpoon at the Harpy further away. At the same time, you casually extend your right arm, holding the beam saber, and put it through the chest of the Harpy that had the poor sense to get up in your face. A little wriggle and a twist and its power goes dead as you sever the cables delivering power to the other servos.

The second Harpy yells something very unladylike as she strains against the nanofiber cable and the way you slowly reel it in towards your S-Flowerhorn. It doesn't matter, you haul her much lighter mech in close. She's brave, and aims a surprise slash at you with her axe...but it's just not good enough.

You whip your rapier out through the chest of the first Harpy you struck down, nearly tearing it in half, and adjust the power output from the blade to the handguard. The blade itself shrinks and dims to the size of a dagger, while the guard balloons out into a momentary hemispheral shield. Despite her desperation, her axe can't get through, and can't even leave a scratch on your defense.

[Continued]
>>
Not going to lie - I hope Red Siren gets the better of this fight.
>>
>>47617372
She's a jazz fan. Especially the fast paced ones. They were the only ones available onboard the ship she was on and kept her barely sane during her massacre.
>>
>>47617645
As long as they both survive
>>
>>47617537
>WA+3, 10K (only 2K of structure), EMW (treats SP as 4 less than usual), Variable (can be converted back and forth as a free action between its sword form and a beam shield form with 8SP and DA 0)
Jesus Christ why do the UJCIDF get all the best toys?

Also, what did you use to drops its Kills? I was under the impression you could only do such a thing with Fragile Beam Weapons.
>>
>>47617656
So something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplpKwxFH2I&index=11&list=LLJHtp_FWScL_LPT400OyGNg
>>
File: Clemmy 7.jpg (61 KB, 580x911) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy 7.jpg
61 KB, 580x911
You shift the wrist of your sword arm just a fraction, angling the shrunken blade away from its head (and cockpit). Instincts die hard. You flip the power output back to regular and the blade springs to life again, stabbing directly through the Harpy's chest. You whip the Magnetic Grappling Harpoon back in and rip off the Harpy's head properly before you leisurely kick the body away. You hit the powerplant that time after all, tee hee. The Harpy's main body explodes prettily, but it's safe to let the head float there. You're sure someone will pick it up.

...And you spot three more racing along the hull towards you, and your sensors detect more in the distance. You yawn, and make the floating Harpy head spin around with a flick of your finger. "Hey. Heeeeeey~ Don't ignore me, where's Roarke? I want him to see this. I installed this new sensor package so I could record things just for him. Tell me where Roarke is or I might accidentally throw you really far into space away from your ship."

"The Admiral will be here soon! Even if our Lady decides she doesn't want to bother with you, Roarke Starwind is going to rip your mech apart and save us you crazy gold bitch!" You hate it when losers squeal like they're important, so you shake her even more...but you can't help smiling warmly.

"Yeah. He's here~ I knew it, I knew he would come for me~" You hug the Harpy head close, squeezing it with your powerful arm servos, "It's destiny. We're here for good reasons, but it's inevitable, we have to fight. You brats should feel ashamed of yourselves for trying to hurt my Flowerhorn in advance, it's like ripping my wedding dress!" You squeeze tighter, and and the head starts to buckle. You hear a panicked scream and the girl inside cry out a name, and you loosen your grip. No. You're not going to kill her. You're a good girl. You don't want Roarke to hate you. You pet the poor, battered Harpy head, letting the one whose power you cut float nearby.

[Continued]
>>
>>47617750
oh god, I can only think of the weird Al version of that song when it comes up ha...
>>
>>47617687

EMW structural kills are equal to 1/4 of their damage Kills, right? Clemmy's rapiers do 8K (+2 from the Flowerhorn's Light Heavy arms), so they have 2 Kills of structure and weigh 1 ton.
>>
>>47617787
>She's avoiding killing.

I'm proud of you, Clemmy. You're becoming a better person for Roarke.
>>
>>47617809
I can too anon, man how great would it be if Wong made one of the characters in the future Weird Al
>>
>>47617750
More like this;
https://youtu.be/RchOWbmH5Ak
>>
>>47617659
I kinda think Clemmy's a dead end where waifus are concerned. Right now her only conceivable purposes are 1) QM plot device to bring Roarke in for BBEG Final Battle, 2) Psychotic turncoat ally for Righteous Rampage, or 3) Murderer of named characters. I don't see her coexisting with any other women (so she'd have to hugely break character) and I doubt there's a therapist on Auditorium.

I could see her ending in a valiant self sacrifice fighting for love, cruelly struck down when apropos, or perhaps Roarke triggers her moment of clarity, she realizes how much she hurts and mends her psychotic ways. Becomes the girliest of girly girls. Braids Sam and Karen's hair.
>>
>>47617871
>No therapist on the fully functioning space city.

Clemmy is working really hard to be a better person. I think she could handle it, if Roarke was there actively supporting her.
>>
>>47617835
Oh... god what sort of mech would he have...
>>
>>47617921
"Better person" =/= sharing romantic interest.
>>
>>47617821
Huh. I'm not sure how I never noticed that before. Time to recalculate some of my tonnages, then.
>>
>>47617938
i guess he could copy the combat habilities of the enemy mech, or the stats or something like that.
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yzC4hFK5P3g

For fun and WTF. TONS of WTF.
>>
File: Flagship.jpg (34 KB, 400x162) Image search: [Google]
Flagship.jpg
34 KB, 400x162
Voting for the Gwadan to be Iron Kestral flagship
>>
>>47617835
That would be nice.
On a side note, Does anyone here know the best way to prepare for the AI Uprising in Stellaris cause it just started in another empire.
>>
File: 1463685324923.jpg (152 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
1463685324923.jpg
152 KB, 800x505
You're rather proud of yourself. You did a good thing. You freed those two people, and you know once you show Roarke, and once you beat him, he won't have many more complaints about joining SOUL. Fairy won't need those people back if she has Roarke in SOUL B, you're not privy to everything she's thinking but you know that these shenanigans all have something to do with him being less than controllable. You'll make them get along, you know you can, you bet they'd like each other if they just met once...they're both nice to you, after all.

You think about the Flowerhorn and the Knuckle Kaiser sitting together on the hull of the mighty Iulia Maesa or the Cincinnatus, holding hands. You think about Roarke in a crisp white uniform like yours, a smile on his face and those sunglasses of his hiding his pretty eyes. You think about him putting his arms around you and giving you a kiss before your daring and adventurous missions even though it's supposedly bad luck, and a happy shudder makes its way through your body. You imagine Fairy being the godmother of your eventual child, and as you think about teasing your friend for being a fairy godmother you laugh and sob with joy.

Unlike the Black Ogre, your thruster system runs parallel to your spine, with one in each shoulder and a small trio of them like dangling braids behind the Flowerhorn's head, plus the shoe of thrusters beneath your cloven hooves. All of them spring into sunny, golden light as you lift up off the hull, laughing. You toss the Harpy head gently aside and activate your second beam rapier, your mech's wrists twirling in a full 360-degree rotation to make the beams resemble solid wheels of plasma. You can see the nine remaining mecha have formed a gunline, but you don't care.

"ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKE~!" You cry out over the comms, tears of joy streaming down your face, "I'M COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~!"

You've waited so long to see him, so long. It's time you were rewarded.

[Continued]
>>
>>47618148
She's on an extremely fun drug.
>>
>>47618221
Love can do that. Reminds me of an ex of mine. Crazy girl.
>>
File: Best Girl.jpg (174 KB, 786x1048) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.jpg
174 KB, 786x1048
>>47618148
>"ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKE~!" You cry out over the comms, tears of joy streaming down your face, "I'M COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~!"

You know, if Clemmy wasn't best girl, this would be extremely terrifying.

I lied. Red Siren is best girl. Clemmy is close second though.
>>
>>47618148
oh Clemmy, you sweet child.
It's such a shame that (most of) your dreams will not come true.
>>
>>47618148
For being a bloodthirsty mad dog, she's weirdly extremely naive. It'd be cute if we didn't know none of it is gonna pan out
>>
Back in ten, ordering dinner.

Also, yes, I'll be posting the stats for both the Archen and the S-Flowerhorn soon. By the way, Archen isn't an official model of anything and doesn't use a pre-existing frame like most mecha in this setting. It's a unique winged Heavy Striker, and a bloody expensive one.
>>
>>47618245
Did you stick your dick in her? You know they say man, Don't stick your dick in crazy but that crazy chicks also take the crazy with them into bed.
>>
File: clemmy best girl mug.jpg (219 KB, 723x722) Image search: [Google]
clemmy best girl mug.jpg
219 KB, 723x722
>>47618148
>"ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKE~!" You cry out over the comms, tears of joy streaming down your face, "I'M COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~!"
L-lewd!
>>
>>47618382
Oh no. Noped out of there when she started stomping on the crotches of dudes. Think she's half the reason I like dudes only. Well, me and about 6 other boyfriends of hers.
>>
Who are you anons hoping show up later in the quest
>>
>>47618463
Cassius. ;_;
>>
>>47618463
I want to see the black tri stars or someone trying to do the jet stream attack.
>>
File: Rinko_Iori_.png (155 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
Rinko_Iori_.png
155 KB, 640x458
>>47618463
best milf
>>
>>47618463
The guy who Jesus cucked, and some of the kids from Iron Blooded Orphan. I'm sure i'll think of more people later
>>
>>47618463
Paptimus Scirocco

If only to serve as an evil foil to Roarke Starwind.
>>
File: not that kane.jpg (12 KB, 300x234) Image search: [Google]
not that kane.jpg
12 KB, 300x234
>>47618463
kane.
>>
File: RlfdZ.jpg (109 KB, 297x540) Image search: [Google]
RlfdZ.jpg
109 KB, 297x540
>>47618463
Oda's first mate
>>
File: 1461560919293[1].jpg (117 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461560919293[1].jpg
117 KB, 900x900
"What a vulgar woman." That voice puts you cold out of your good mood. It's utterly chill, absurdly confident, and so full of contempt it sends shivers down your spine. Those nine enemies forming the gunline, according to your advanced sensors, the ones you installed because they came with a free recorder and you wanted Roarke to see you fight too, register as four more Harpy Customs on either side of something bigger. At this distance, you can even see twin flares of purple thruster light like angelic wings, spread by a quartet of short hyper-efficient emitters set at the small of the enemy mech's back. Silhouetted by the purple light, its long shadow almost reaches your feet. You can see a billowing articulated skirt over its long, black legs, and you know that since you're in void and metal wouldn't flap like that anyway that it must have been designed to do that. You're not very good with machines yourself, but you have some idea how expensive it must have been to program. The legs are black, but the crimson skirt lifts just high enough as the thrusters flare brighter to reveal they become a peachy color mid-thigh.

It's so gaudy it sickens you. Is this a joke? Is this thing making fun of combat mecha? She's the one calling you vulgar?

"You don't have the right to call me that, pirate." You don't need a bounty computer for this one. Not for one of the most easy to identify pirate Captains in the belt.

"Oh? You beat up two of my cute little Harpies, you know. A big mech like yours, don't you have any shame? How dare you start trouble and then start yelling MY Roarke's name like he's responsible for your rampage. You're going to pay for both of them, because I have to have them fixed and I'm certainly not going to dig into Roarke's wallet even though I hold him to the same standards as everyone else. So, your money or your mech?"

>[Get catty]
>>
>>47618828
>>[Get catty. Go full Catty. Go Two Catty]
>>
>>47618828
Figures the harpy would like harpies so much~! Eitherway, neither. We want Roarke, we'll have roarke and then get a DATE!
>>
File: aj15064[1].png (666 KB, 630x720) Image search: [Google]
aj15064[1].png
666 KB, 630x720
MEANWHILE.

S-Flowerhorn

Medium Weight Torso: C/S/K 12, 6 tons
Medium Weight Head: C/S/K 6, 3 tons
Medium Weight Left Arm: C/S/K 8, 3.5 tons, +2 melee damage already factored in
Left Hand: 2 CP, 1 Space, 1 Kill, 0.5 tons
Medium Weight Right Arm: C/S/K 8, 3.5 tons, +2 melee damage already factored in
Right Hand: 2 CP, 1 Space, 1 Kill, 0.5 tons
Medium Weight Left Leg: C/S/K 8, 3.5 tons
Medium Weight Right Leg: C/S/K 8, 3.5 tons

Armor: Officer's Light Heavy (7 SP, 10.5 CP, 3.5 tons) on all locations, does not ablate from damage caused by attacks dealing less than 4 Kills

Main Sensors (Head): 4 CP, 1 Space, 2 Kills, 1 ton
Backup Sensors (Torso): 2 CP, 2 Spaces, 2 Kills, 1 ton
Advanced Sensor Package (Head): 10 CP, 2 Spaces

Options: Torso Cockpit with Environment Pod (2 CP, 2 Spaces), Torso Storage Module (1 CP, 1 Space), Liftwire (0.3 CP), Spotlights (0.2 CP), Interservo Weapons Linkage (Four beam weapons 21 CP), Deluxe Anti-Theft Lock (0.4 CP), Stereo (0.1 CP), Foot Weapon Mount x2 (4 CP, 2 Spaces from each Leg), Tracking Device (Automatically pings the nearest ansible once every ten minutes and places a call to General Hermione Fairchild's PC transmitting its current coordinates, costs the pilot 0 CP and is installed without their knowledge)
>>
>>47618907
>Tracking Device

Just more ammo to prove to her that Hamon is a shit head
>>
File: 71ACXcgqP+L._SL1500_[1].jpg (145 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
71ACXcgqP+L._SL1500_[1].jpg
145 KB, 1000x1500
Armament:
[Handheld] Variable Beam Rapier x 2 (stats show an individual sword): WA+3, 10K (only 2K of structure), EMW (treats SP as 4 less than usual), Variable (can be converted back and forth as a free action between its sword form and a beam shield form with 8SP and DA 0), 44 CP, 8 Spaces, 1 ton
[Foot-Mounted] Beam Saber x 2 (stats show an individual sword): WA+1, 6K (only 2K of structure), EMW (treats SP as 4 less than usual), 6 CP, 6 Spaces, 1 ton
[Arm-Mounted] Magnetic Grappling Harpoon x2 (stats show an individual harpoon): Range 400m, WA 0, 0K (8 Kills of structure), Entangling (can deliver grapple attacks), 5 CP, 5 Spaces, 4 tons

Thrusters & Speed: 5 per leg, 7 in the torso, 3 in the head, 1 per arm, moves 500 meters per turn in flight or can run 200m. 22 CP
Total Weight: 59 tons
Total Cost: 296 CP
>>
>>47618828
>"Your ROARKE? YOUR ROARKE!? Listen here you slutted up shrill voiced B-list flavor of the week, he's MINE, you got that? M.I.N.E. And anyone who thinks differently pays for it. You're not one-TENTH woman enough for him, and I got fifty credits that says he KNOWS it and will trade you in by the end of the month. I've got you beat seven different ways, sweetheart - and I certainly can FIGHT better. So put up or shut up: if you think your "famous" ass can keep him, fight me for him. Maybe after I'm done spanking you, I'll let him keep you...on a leash, bitch. And one more thing, sweetie...You need a little wrinkle coverup. You're getting crows-feet.
>>
>>47618985
Jesus Christ anon, they are gonna be fucking enemies for life with that shit
>>
>>47618828
>you came to fight me in an up gunned fap bot, and you have the nerve to call ME vulgar?
>>
>>47618907
>Interservo Weapons Linkage (Four beam weapons 21 CP)
I am now terrified.
>>
>>47618985
for one moment i thought that text was the i'm a seal meme just retrofitted for cammy.
>>
>>47619023
>>47618985

Yeah, I'm having slight second thoughts, but not many. Wong DID say "catty". Clemmy's also not really girly...hmmm.

>"Your ROARKE? YOUR ROARKE!? Listen here you slutted up shrill voiced B-list flavor of the week, he's MINE, you got that? M.I.N.E. And anyone who thinks differently pays for it. So don't think you'll have him for long. It's not like he wouldn't trade your leathery dried up ass for something with a little (smirk) SPRING in it...and sweetie...You need a little wrinkle coverup. You're getting crows-feet.
>>
>>47618828
>(loud hissing noises)
>>
File: Clemmy catty.jpg (131 KB, 600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy catty.jpg
131 KB, 600x1200
"Harpies? I guess it takes one to know one. Honestly, I thought they were just gaudy bits of discarded junk and swept them out of the way. It's not my fault they're fragile~" You waggle your beamsaber reproachfully at her. "I'm an officer, y'know. I can't set a bad example for my subordinates by giving anything to a pirate, not after I told them that there's only one good one." Your voice loses just a modicum of its sweetness, "I want Roarke. I'll have Roarke and then..." Your voice breaks a little, "And then..." You lick your lips, feeling your mouth watering, "And then get a DATE WITH ROARKE!" You, brave heroine Alice, point your vorpal blade directly at the shifting holographic face of your enemy like a true knight of Jupiter.

"I'm going to be the mature one here and pretend you didn't just insult me." The wicked red queen's head tips back slightly as she looks at you down her holographic nose, "...but there are two things I can't ignore. First, you called my precious crew trash." Her mech unfolds its arms with their ridiculous billowy-patterned puffs from across her reinforced chest armor, exposing the large beam emitters set beneath its wrists, "Secondly, you think you get to barge in on MY SPECIAL TIME WITH ROARKE!? I'm on a heroic quest with him and you...you just butt in like you have some right to him now right after I SUMMONED UP MY COURAGE AND CONFESSED!?"

"That's fine for you." You say, "You can go home. I'm taking Roarke back with me to be my husband and we'll be squadmates and he'll join SOUL and it will be just great, just great all the time." Your voice shakes as she manages to make you genuinely angry, "Your Roarke...YOUR ROARKE!? Listen you...you slutty, shrill, B-list popstar flavor-of-the-week, he's MY ROARKE! MY ROARKEY! I'm his special girl, and he's MINE, do you hear me? M! I! N! E! Anyone trying to steal him from me is going to be the one paying, not me!"

[Continued]
>>
>>47619321
Dear gods. This is as glorious as it is horrifying. Also nice alice in wonderland references. Fits surprisingly well with Clemmy's mindset.
>>
>>47619321
>Meanwhile, on the Heart of Gold, Roarke starts sweating buckets and he doesn't know why
>>
>>47619413
Roarke is gonna have a fun time trying to calm this down when he gets out there
>>
>>47619429
the only thing he can do is to make sure one doesn't kills the other
>>
>>47619413
>30 seconds later, Roarke receives a recording from Clemmy, who has 'just heroically defeated the villainous Red Siren~ see you soon~ <3<3<3<3<3<3'
>in her haste to send the video feed to her darling husband, she has neglected to edit out the pre-battle comms
>>
File: Clemmy catty 2.jpg (36 KB, 480x679) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy catty 2.jpg
36 KB, 480x679
You snarl, your voice practically a hiss as you grip your beam swords tight. "Don't think you'll have him for long, just because he's living under your roof or something, probably bravely trying to withstand your advances for the sake of his c-crew..." You gnash your teeth, "It's not like he's blind, he'll trade you in for a younger, more talented model once your makeup rubs off and he sees you have crow's feet."

There is dead silence over the comms.

"You come here in a stripper mech with some guns strapped on it to challenge MY MIGHTY S-FLOWERHORN, and then you call ME vulgar, you serial homewrecker!?" You want to stomp your foot, but you're a grown woman and an officer and it isn't as meaningful unless you have a face to stomp on, "Send all your Harpies at once! I'll cut them into the shapes of ROSE PETALS for MY DARLING! I hope he gets here and sees you when it happens, and sees you trying to get in the way of my precious destined battle with him, and sees you for the wicked witch you are! Yes, he'll see his pure bride bravely defending her honor against her evil rival with her blades of justice, and he'll effortlessly push you aside and we'll fall into each other's arms right in front of you." You brandish your dual beamsabers, "THIS TIME IT WON'T JUST BE A HAIRPIN, YOU STRUMPET!"

[Continued]
>>
>>47619413
>not whistling Bowie and watching space boxing on his pc
>>
>>47619472
i dread to think what she'll do to Red Siren once clemmy beats her up.
>>
>get to quest late because I have work later that day and need sleep
>whats going on today I wonder?
>Whoo boy
>>
>>47619476
We're gonna need all of our Coolness to at least defuse the situation when we get out of the ship.
>>
>>47619476
>pure bride

>sweating buckets intensifies.
>>
>>47619491
>zero gravity boxing
We cant be that far away from it right?
>>
>>47619516
Coolness, a SHIT-ton of luck, a hell of a good angle, and all the flowers and chocolate from the asteroid belt on.
>>
>>47619321
>>47619476
Alright, now I need a picture of Magical Clemmy, Jovian Knight of Love and Justice.
thanks Wong
also
>There is dead silence over the comms.
is the most terrifying thing so far
>>
>>47619553
And the D. Can't forget about the power of the D
>>
if she can't accept being a part of the harem she's got to go
>>
File: tg dice.png (22 KB, 249x322) Image search: [Google]
tg dice.png
22 KB, 249x322
>>47619516
No we won't. We're inevitably going to get (or suffer) a cockpit crit and derail all of Wong's plans.

>>47619577
Does Rosita actually know about Sam and Karen? I'm not sure we've actually mentioned it to her directly yet.
>>
>>47619604
No she knows because she told us that it wasn't her who got jealous in her last relationship
>>
>>47619604
what i said should apply to any past and future women we meet and like enough to spend our time with
>>
>>47619604
But anon this isn't NERV Bridge Simulator where there are crit fails a plenty.
>>
Scary thought...what happens if we end up keeping the martian hostage chick...and she starts trying to put some discipline and organization into the harem...and tries to train up Clemmy.
>>
>>47619658
kinky
>>
>>47619658
clemmy might like it. Specially if Fatima can convince her that doint it will make Roarke love her more

>>47619604
at least we aren't rolling against clemmy's impulses.
>>
>>47619678
Explosive. Both have tempers. Both are combat trained. Both fight dirty.
>>
>>47619476
This certainly feels like a yandere vs yandere fight, if you dont know the characters.
>>
>>47619658
the idea of Fatima deciding that she must make the Kestrels into an a presentable entourage for someone of Raorke's authority, and becoming the de facto den mother of the Rhinehawk is as terrifying as it is hilarious.
>>
>>47619758
well Clemmy is a Yandere.
its just that she goes from "murderous" to "cute an Murderous"
>>
>>47619814
I mean that Red Siren's dialouge is kinda like a yandere too. (The whole he is MINE thing)
>>
The holographic face of Red Siren vanishes, replaced by the blank default pink of the Archen's sensor mask. "I am." Says your enemy, "A pillar of calm right now. Girls, get back. Out of the way, dears. Farther back!"

The Harpies retreat a hundred meters or so. You continue walking towards them, your swords glowing as brightly as the sun.

"So, you think we're rivals? You think I take your little crush on my man seriously?" There's a snort of laughter, and abruptly...you're reading eight more mecha signatures. Nine Archens are hovering shoulder-to-shoulder, facing you, turned sideways with their left arm extended and their right crossed over their chest so that both forearm cannons are pointing at you, "...You're naive. Hopelessly naive. My true rival wouldn't be this stupid. She and I are true foes, worthy adversaries. Our contest as women is as primeval and natural as the movements of the stars themselves. You're just a stray satellite. You showed that by announcing your intentions so openly." The line of Archens advances slowly, the different ones weaving in and out like the upturned cups in that game where you try to guess which one has the coin underneath it. "Serial homewrecker? Wicked witch? Crow's feet? B-LIST!? Oh, I'm going to break you over my knee, you filthy government dog...but you know, you've given me an idea. I won't kill you, I'll just make sure you get invited to the wedding, maybe let you keep a photo of me and Roarke, together, happy, to remember what a fool you were thinking you could beat me, RED SIREN, at love! Do you hear that!? Thanks to you, I'M GOING TO MARRY HIM FIRST!"

THIS WRETCHED FIEND!

"There's a limit to how much you can piss me off." There's a bit of a bleaty sound in your voice from how angry you are, "But you can't stop me."

You're a thousand meters away.

>[Just attack]
>[Insult her further while closing the distance]
>[Ask about this 'true rival' while closing the distance]
>>
>>47619917
>>
>>47619917
>"'True' rival? You haven't a PRAYER of being with Roarkey, but before I beat you, I want to know who should be next on my list..."
>>
>>47619917

I'm guessing Karen?
>>
>>47619917

>[Just attack]
>>
>>47619917
my sides eagerly await for more propulsion
>>
>>47620061
>Says it's Sammy, telling her that she has some sort of hidden trick.
>Clemmy finds out
>Tries to find a way to give Roarke the D.
>>
>>47619917
>I'M GOING TO MARRY HIM FIRST!
>THIS WRETCHED FIEND!
oh god, its saturday morning cartoon dialogue. Love it
>[Just attack]
why should we care about who this hussy considers a rival?
>>
>>47620110
Gotta find out who to hunt down next
>>
File: Red Siren laughing smugly.jpg (251 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Red Siren laughing smugly.jpg
251 KB, 720x540
Step by step, you close the distance. Looking around, the surface of the colony isn't smooth, it never is. You're an experienced veteran. You know for a fact these fast ranged units will try to draw you into open space and pull a shoot-and-run, but it's not your first time in this kind of scenario and if need be you'll drop between the pipework and sensor towers like a tiger into the bushes. You spread your arms wide and heel-to-toe the S-Flowerhorn across a wide pipe bridging a canyon created by a fold in the colony's modules.

"A rival, huh? That's cute, is she as blustery and useless as you? It's not another idol, is it? Obviously you don't have a prayer of being with my Roarkey once I chop you up, but before I do I want to know who should be next on my list. You don't want to have her gloat over you, riiiiight~?"

Eight hundred meters.

The nine Archens stop, shrugging wearily, "If only. There are some things a woman like me can't compete with."

"Like women without crow's feet?" You chime in.

"I DO NOT HAVE CROW'S FEET YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Unlike you, Red Siren isn't an officer. The sight of nine Archens stamping one foot like an angry little girl is one you'll cherish for the rest of your life, "You think beating the Archen will solve anything? Roarke will just rescue me. It's another mech you have to defeat to win him from the Glasses Demon."

Glasses Demon? "Does she use glasses to hide HER crow's feet?" You inquire. You don't really care who this hussy considers a rival, you'll just defeat all the chaff in your way, but information is never a bad thing.

Seven hundred meters.

"No. Although with her evil, squinting stare I'm sure she'll get them soon enough. You must defeat the Knuckle Kaiser itself to beat her."

"ROARKE WOULD NEVER DO SOMETHING AS UNDIGNIFIED AS PILOT A TWO-PERSON MECH! I'LL KILL YOU!" You shriek with rage at her foul implications.

[Continued]
>>
>>47620110
>>47620133
Also, juicy Soap Opera for Space Telemundo.
>>
>>47620133
The thing is, I can see it less physical(well, some physical will be involved) and more showing up whomever is the rival.Even in the oddest profession, no one shall beat Clemmy when it comes to wooing Roarke. No one.
>>
>>47620133
but once we have Roarke, it won't matter, because Clemmy wins by default due to being Best Girl(tm). Honestly hunting down the remaining losers just feels petty.
>>
>>47620181
Yandere are very possessive.
>>
>>47620167
Sirens Harpies are recording this, right? this is going on space tube, right?
>>
>>47620170
Dear God, can we monetize this shit someway? Like have Oda make a Space Anime about us?
>>
>>47620241
knowing Oda, the Pilots going to air on Samubuy in a few months time.
>>
>>47620173
or she's just gonna fuck each and every waifu in order to show she's the alpha.
>>
i want siren to win this. i can't stand clemmy when she's like this
>>
File: Karen smug.png (724 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Karen smug.png
724 KB, 1000x1000
Rolled 3 + 7 (1d10 + 7)

"Don't be stupid, of course he wouldn't! No, she's...she's not an honorable pilot. Someone I can face honorably on the battlefield or gauge my skill next to honestly. She's a mechanic. Our talents are completely opposite. She skulks around the Rhinehawk's mech bay like a rat, simpering over Roarke, going with him on every adventure, 'servicing' his 'mech', always getting close to him when she's not wanted." The Archens' fingers twist with rage, "But I don't let him see it! No, unlike YOU and unlike HER I don't want it troubling him!"

"Oh, he won't know. Not if I silence the witnesses." You reflexively comment, trying to work out a way around another divide without flying and risking the end of her monologue. You love it when pirates monologue, it makes your job easier.

"When we first met...which was years ago you...you NEWCOMER who dares call ME a homewrecker...we did karaoke together and had a few drinks. I was really getting to like him, when suddenly this little girl shows up and tells him the Captain wanted to talk to him." You have never heard such cold anger in a woman's voice, "When his back was turned, this...this child...looked at me with triumph in her eyes and stuck her tongue out. She was just trying to get him away from me! I didn't realize at first, but I had made a lifelong foe, a true sworn rival!" The Archen clenches its fist dramatically, "During every encounter I had with the Iron Kestrels while my beloved was First Mate, this little wench did every subtle thing she could to keep him away from me, playing the whole innocent little girl childhood friend ACT until she had proper breasts of her own!"

Yep. This sounds dangerous. Five hundred meters. Four hundred meters. You could dropkick her from here, or try a shot with your harpoons.

"...But first, I have some scrap to clean up before I get back to dealing with her. Goodbye, military bitch." The Archens aim and fire.

>[Feed me unmodified 1d10s.]
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>47620381
NOTICE ME SEMPAI!
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>47620381
Now things are clearing up
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>47620381
plz be a 1
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>47620381
>brown hair
Well, I no longer know which tags I should be searching by.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>47620381
my sides are in orbit
>>
>>47620424

I'm not as good at finding quality darkhairs as you are, clearly.
>>
Clemmy needs a good ass kicking, then loving from Roarke
>>
File: Archenrearview.jpg (42 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Archenrearview.jpg
42 KB, 576x432
Hm, you know...I should really post the Archen. OOC you guys would know its stats since you're familiar with it, and IC it's likely Clemmy has heard plenty about it.

The Archen

Heavy Striker Torso: C/S/K 10, 5 tons
Heavy Striker Head: C/S/K 5, 2.5 tons
Heavy Striker L. Arm: C/S/K 6, 2.5 tons
Left Hand: 2 CP, 1 Space, 1 Kill, 0.5 tons
Heavy Striker R. Arm: C/S/K 6, 2.5 tons
Right Hand: 2 CP, 1 Space, 1 Kill, 0.5 tons
Heavy Striker L. Leg: C/S/K 6, 2.5 tons
Heavy Striker R. Leg: C/S/K 6, 2.5 tons
Heavy Striker L. Wing: C/S/K 5, 2.5 tons
Heavy Striker R. Wing: C/S/K 5, 2.5 tons

Armor: Medium Weight (6 CP, 6 SP, 3.0 tons) on all locations

Main Sensors (Head): 4 CP, 1 Space, 2 Kills, 1 ton
Backup Sensors (Torso): 2 CP, 2 Spaces, 2 Kills, 1 ton

Options: Torso Cockpit with Environment Pod (2 CP, 2 Spaces), Torso Storage Module (1 CP, 1 Space), Liftwire (0.3 CP), Spotlights (0.2 CP), Deluxe Anti-Theft Code Lock (0.4 CP), Stereo (0.1 CP), Instant Concert System (Unique and costs no CP), Interservo Weapon Cross Link (Idol's Wrath, 3 CP)
>>
File: 1460615046068.jpg (80 KB, 840x1050) Image search: [Google]
1460615046068.jpg
80 KB, 840x1050
>>47620483

Armament:
[Arm-Mounted] Unified Continuous Laser Projector “Idol's Wrath” x2 (stats show an individual beam cannon): Range 550m, WA +1, 8K, BV4, Infinite Ammo, 42.5 CP, 5 Spaces, 4 tons

Thrusters & Speed: 6 per leg, 1 in the torso, 3 per wing. Moves 600 meters per turn in flight (wings add 100m, already factored in) or can run 200m. 19 CP.
Shadow Imager System: The Archen has the ability to project up to eight holographic copies of itself. Originally used as a special effects system for her shows, Red Siren has become adept at using it as a defensive aid in battle. Should a successful hit be scored on the Archen, the attacker must make an additional roll (1d10+Intelligence+Awareness, +1 for each active ECCM point if any, +1 if they have an ASP, +1 if they have a Spotting Radar, +2 if they have a Target Analyzer) against Red Siren (rolling 1d10+Intelligence+Electronic Warfare, +1 for each active Shadow, there are other variables that could grant bonuses if the Archen had certain other systems). If the attacker wins, the Archen is hit. If the attacker fails, however, they hit one of the projected images instead. Doing so reveals it as a hologram and the attacking mech's HMIS assistant systems will tag and discount it, rendering it useless. Think of it as being destroyed by the attack, except it doesn't actually vanish. The Archen projects four of these from its head and four from its torso, meaning that if the head is destroyed its maximum number of shadows is halved. Normally, Red Siren only uses two of these, so serious opponents without the ability to scan her mech will underestimate her. This costs 8 Spaces (1 per Shadow), and multiplies the total cost of the mech by 1.4 prior to Weight Efficiency
Total Weight: 49.5 tons, 39.5 after 20 CP spent on Weight Efficiency
Total Cost: 325.2 CP
>>
>>47620483
>>47620507
wew lad.
>>
>>47620507
No wonder the Archen's expensive. Decoys that require ECCMs to hit on top of the normal attack rolls? Shit's OP.
>>
Rosita wins initiative thanks to her lighter mech. Pew pew!

>>47620407
>>47620414

Rolling to shoot versus these dodge rolls...

+15 to both.
>>
In summary, the determining factor for this fight is: how much Int does Clemmy have?
>>
Rolled 7, 4 = 11 (2d10)

>>47620595

Whoops. If she hits, these two are parries here.

>>47620424
>>47620437
>>
When obsessive romantic ladies quarrel there is only one theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0
>>
>>47620590
The thing is, even a single decoy forces a reroll as long as it's up. And you can deploy them for no action cost, or in place of a Parry if you lose the initiative roll.

It also synergizes well with ECM, which is also a fun way to cause your enemy to miss every fucking attack.

Which is why it would be cool to have on Moe's mech, if only he had the Int to make it work.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
12 KB, 480x360
She sweeps her arms wide to the side, and brings them together in a clapping motion as if catching a mosquito between her palms.

Twin continuous indigo lasers, not the more common plasma bolts you're used to, slice through the void, closing on you like a pair of shears. Being solid, they're a lot harder to dodge than what you're used to, so instead you throw up both your beamsabers and activate the shields. It's so close you can feel the laser buzzing along the edge of one, but your S-Flowerhorn is a military mech and it holds out.

>[Dropkick her]
>[Make two Magnetic Grappling Harpoon attacks, she's 400m away and within range of either option]
>>
Wonder whats gonna happen when red and clemmy realize Sam is a contender and technically probably has the most relationship progress with roarke (though karen is pretty much tied with sam I guess.)
>>
>>47620688
>[Make two Magnetic Grappling Harpoon attacks, she's 400m away and within range of either option]
I notice both options are very roarke'y.
>>
>>47620688
>>[Make two Magnetic Grappling Harpoon attacks, she's 400m away and within range of either option]

future husband roarke will be proud.
>>
>>47620688
>>
>>47620688
>>[Make two Magnetic Grappling Harpoon attacks, she's 400m away and within range of either option]
>>
>>47620697
Up the ante and bear his children.
>>
>>47620598

Intelligence 8, Awareness 6.

Red Siren also has Intelligence 8, Electronic Warfare 2.
>>
MAGNETIC GRAPPLING HARPOON WINS! FEED ME 1d10+13s!
>>
Rolled 6 + 13 (1d10 + 13)

>>47620752
For the sake of your Husbando Ganbate
>>
File: clemmy 2.jpg (95 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
clemmy 2.jpg
95 KB, 1280x720
Rolled 2 + 13 (1d10 + 13)

>>47620752
>>
>>47620697

She's a ninja of love. All the other girls are fighting and she's quietly sewing cosplay outfits to wear while giving the Admiral blowies.
>>
>>47620765
Clemmy's love is pure, not lewd.
>>
>>47620765
damn, in retrospect an image with a condom while rolling for a piercing attack was bound to fall flat huh?
>>
Rolled 7, 6 = 13 (2d10)

>>47620763
>>47620765
>>
File: clemmy 1.jpg (85 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
clemmy 1.jpg
85 KB, 1280x720
Rolled 6 + 13 (1d10 + 13)

>>47620752
This maybe?
>>
And then I realized I messed up their respective stats a little. Both by the same amount, but still.

Clemmy has 10 Reflexes, Mecha Piloting 9, Mecha Fighting 6, Mecha Melee 9.

Red Siren has Reflexes 10, Mecha Piloting 8, Mecha Gunnery 8.
>>
File: Rough2.png (1 MB, 2080x1094) Image search: [Google]
Rough2.png
1 MB, 2080x1094
I like this as a ship.
>>
File: Perseus-class.png (239 KB, 700x380) Image search: [Google]
Perseus-class.png
239 KB, 700x380
>>47620832
or this?
>>
FEED ME MORE 1d10+14s!

Also, do you want to dropkick or try again with the harpoons next turn? One thing about the dropkick is, even if you miss, you'll still be within beam saber range of the Archen. At this distance, math favors her.
>>
Rolled 1 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47620856
Sure go for the drop kick
>>
Rolled 2 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47620856
I say dropkick.

Here, have all of my luck for the day. Not like it's much.
>>
Rolled 6 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47620856
dk
>>
Rolled 4, 4 = 8 (2d10)

Of course, she's still trying to laser you down.
>>
Rolled 7 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47620856
I'd say dropkick. It forces her to spend an action disengaging, or else stay in our favored range of engagement.
>>
File: NadesicoMOVIE1_d.jpg (68 KB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
NadesicoMOVIE1_d.jpg
68 KB, 600x326
>>47620832
>>47620853
This too.
>>
>>47620853
Jovian Cruiser. Martian cruisers are more hawkish in shape.
>>
Rolled 10 + 15 (1d10 + 15)

I still need one more. For the dropkick. Here's her dodge, in advance.
>>
Rolled 4 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47620918
Damnson.jpg
>>
>>47620918
Is she really a better pilot than Clemmy?

Or is it that her mech is way lighter?

Goddamn. Modifier a shit.
>>
>>47620918
Looks like Clemmy is gonna lose this fight
>>
>>47620832
Hah, it has clemmy's last name
>>
>>47620947
Farragut is a naval vessel isn't it?
>>
>>47620944

Clemmy has a point on her in two categories, but the Archen is effectively 20 tons lighter than the S-Flowerhorn. She's using the "lighter but more agile" mech strategy without it blowing up in her face, a first for this campaign.

However...now Clemmy is in range to use her +3 WA beam rapiers.
>>
>>47620875
Thunderbird it is just not your night for your rolls. Are listening to the music or not?
>>
>>47620986
*you
>>
>>47620944
Rosita's mech is far better defensively, or it would be if she had invested points into her EW skill and slapped on a few more systems to boost her Int+EW check.

Alice's mech is a beast offensively, once it closes to melee. It makes 4 EMW attacks per action.

Basically, Rosita has to play keep away, or else Clemmy will shred her to bits with her sheer number of attacks. She does have 12 MA to Clemmy's 10, so it should theoretically be possible, as long as she avoids getting grappled.
>>
>>47620995
No, but honestly I think its much better if Clemmy loses the fight and I voted for her to make sure we didn't murder Siren
>>
>>47621030
Dynamic Entry by the KnuckleKaiser to stop the killing blow.
>>
does anyone mind if I dump my meager ship folder? Could serve useful maybe?
>>
Rolled 8, 4 = 12 (2d10)

You fire both of your harpoons at once, the nanofiber strands and claw-shaped smart drones twisting through the air...but you're not fighting one of the Harpy Pilots this time, but Red Siren herself. With a swing of her hips and a few graceful steps, she dances between the arcing paths of your harpoons and avoids being caught as you draw them back. She sticks her arms out in front of her, and makes a heart shape with her fingers, "I'll show you who's a wicked witch! My love burns hotter than yours, you UJCIDF monster!" She flexes her forearms, and the indigo beams cut through space again, parallel and leveled straight at your shoulders.

You do the only thing you can. You charge. Fueled by all of your love, you sprint along the hull towards the pirate queen, sticking your legs out and activating the beam sabers between your cloven hooves. You cross your weapons in front of you, the shields deflecting the lasers at an increasingly acute angle as you get closer and closer, launching yourself into a full-body kick. It's easier to tell which beams are real than which Archen is real, they move around too damned much!

Again, the idol deftly sidesteps, the crowd of holograms moving with her. She slices at you with her ranged weapons again...but now you're a little more confident. This close, she's entered your territory.

>[FEED ME 1d10+14s!]
>>
>>47621082

I wholeheartedly encourage it. I would be overjoyed if the players picked which ship design they like best on their own.
>>
Rolled 4 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621108
BLESS MY ROLL
>>
Rolled 3 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621108
The next thing we'll want to do is grapple her so she can't move away, before wailing on her head with our EMWs.
>>
Rolled 9 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621108
>>

>>47621108
For Roarke!
>>

>>47621108
Let's go Clemmy.
>>
Rolled 1 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621108
>>
Rolled 4, 3, 6 = 13 (3d10)

>>47621132
>>47621133
>>
incoming, some of these might be fighter ships...
>>
File: 520523_1365722737_large.jpg (151 KB, 1093x652) Image search: [Google]
520523_1365722737_large.jpg
151 KB, 1093x652
>>
how long do I have to wait between posts?
>>
>>47621157
>>47621178
I would drop some ships but their in my Download folder which I haven't sorted in a long time. I'll see if I can wrangle a few for the next thread.
>>
Rolled 8, 1, 7, 5 = 21 (4d10)

>>47621153

And I'll just roll for the opposed Intelligence stuff.

First two are Clemmy's, second two are Red Siren's. +15 for Clemmy, while Siren has +19 for the first and +18 for the second unless Clemmy lands her first hit cleanly.
>>
File: SPACESHIP.jpg (620 KB, 3591x1620) Image search: [Google]
SPACESHIP.jpg
620 KB, 3591x1620
>>
>>47621211
you hand someone a beam saber and they forget how to fight.
>>
>>47621241
Roarke's too close, shes already splooshing up to her knees
>>
been re watching farscape as I post, love me a good space opera.
>>
File: spaceship-1.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
spaceship-1.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: Clemmy 3.jpg (20 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Clemmy 3.jpg
20 KB, 720x405
Rolled 9, 10 = 19 (2d10)

Red Siren is every bit as dangerous up close as she is at range. You manage to block one of her beams, but the second one cuts into you twice.

(Red Siren scored a hit on your right arm, since her weapons are linked it counts as two hits. Fortunately it was only by 1, or she'd have hit you more times since she's got the equivalent of an automatic weapon. -2 SP, -3 Kills)

Despite the long gouge, you jump her in a blur of motion, your weapons hissing. You strike two of the Archens clearly, and as your beam sabers pass through your ASP tags those images with a translucent filter to remind you that they're holograms. At least two of them will no longer be distractions.

>[More 1d10+14s!]
>>
File: x.jpg (8 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
8 KB, 298x169
>>
Rolled 8 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621280
God Clemmy is getting destroyed
>>
>>47621286
And I am so very happy.
>>
Rolled 4 + 13 (1d10 + 13)

>>47621280
this is my head cannon for siren's flagship, feels like the top is one big stage.
>>
>>47621295
Its honestly better for her as far as getting her to join the harem
>>
>>47621211

That should actually have been a +18 and +17, not +19 and +18.
>>
File: roberts_space_03.jpg (161 KB, 1178x785) Image search: [Google]
roberts_space_03.jpg
161 KB, 1178x785
>>
>>47621241

One hit from Clemmy can destroy any one of Red Siren's servos.

This is Red Viper versus the Mountain all over again. Really, I'm just happy to see muh idol refusing to job to government dogs.
>>

>>47621280
Huh. Rosita isn't falling back? In a fight where range would be one of her biggest advantages?
>>
>>47621299
I agree, she might become less murder-wench and more obsessive henchman. The latter you can work around.
>>
>>47621286

I've noticed there aren't many really even fights in this system. Either you chop the other gundam in half or you get chopped in half yourself.
>>
>>47621315
Cant really get out of range and attack at the same time when you are only a bit faster.
>>
Rolled 3 + 14 (1d10 + 14)

>>47621280
>>
>>47621338
I think a big part of it would be Roarke saying he still feels the same about her even though she lost
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.